Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174689 times)

etiolate

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #18360 on: February 22, 2018, 10:33:18 PM »
Well I hope futuremod cream bans that darn racist.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #18361 on: February 22, 2018, 10:35:54 PM »
I have immense sympathy for anyone legally required to pay $900,000 a year child support, let alone having some rich hollywood fuckwad try to fondle your asshole and then act like it's no bid deal.

Guys like Fraser grew up in a era where it wasn't okay to talk about your feelings, and male victims of sexual harassment were ignored, or worse, considered funny by the media.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #18362 on: February 22, 2018, 10:46:57 PM »
Krejlooc is going at it too hard in there with the emphatic logic, as usual.

Oh yeah the other thing is how on page 1 they wax poetic about Mr. Rogers' quiet, calm way of melting hearts and defusing young men brimming with anger, and want to see him pitted against the likes of Gamergate or Trump...but in other situations will go fucking nuts about how thoughtful, friendly discussion isn't a solution and/or not their responsibility.
Uncle

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #18363 on: February 22, 2018, 10:48:49 PM »

Come on you guys.
que

Jansen

« Reply #18364 on: February 22, 2018, 10:55:36 PM »
Quote from: Black American Psycho, post: 4845024, member: 2182
When you belive that white people can't be terrorist, you don't address the problem

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4845024/

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #18365 on: February 22, 2018, 10:59:46 PM »
Show's over, guys. Time to decide the best rock band of the 90s. Nominating:

I like Built to Spill are they "90s" enough?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #18366 on: February 22, 2018, 11:02:35 PM »

https://m.

Dark horse pick: Garbage.
Pilot Weiland :goldberg :goldberg :goldberg :goldberg :goldberg :goldberg :goldberg :goldberg

nudemacusers

« Reply #18367 on: February 22, 2018, 11:03:12 PM »
Just came across this. I figured some people here would be interested.

http://mld.wikia.com/wiki/My_Little_Diapers_Wiki
Wikis of The Diaper Coalition
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #18368 on: February 22, 2018, 11:03:14 PM »
serge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #18369 on: February 22, 2018, 11:06:00 PM »
Now I'm sad about Weiland you fuckers :goldberg

Jansen

« Reply #18370 on: February 22, 2018, 11:12:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4845701/
I mean, there might be something to look at when most of the shootings young black men are involved in are over personal disputes or robberies and crimes and things, while these young white men are similarly unhinged, yet usually come from at least slightly better economic status, and use a heavy weapon to murder many people for no material or physical gain whatsoever, over perceived slights and issues they have with the world.

Unfortunately, shit rolls downhill. I think unchecked mental health issues and delusions of entitlement affect many men of all races. The problem is that white have are likely to have a higher sense of entitlement, and usually more money.

The main problem will always be the access to guns. And America is so completely not ready to have a conversation about the effects of so many young white men having be taught to consider themselves above all by society, while also having the privilege economically and socially to through their weight around wherever they want to little pushback.

Maybe for right now let’s focus on the guns?

OH WAIT THATS RIGHT.

“ALL THOSE BLACKS HAVE GUNS SO MY FAMILY NEEDS MINE TO PROTECT THEMSELVES”

“Tyrannical government” my fat ass.
cream can't make it through a single post without being a biatch

TVC15

« Reply #18371 on: February 22, 2018, 11:17:27 PM »
Actually, I think the answer is probably The Flaming Lips, although I guess they were more successful in the 2000s.

They can still kill when they want to.

serge

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #18372 on: February 22, 2018, 11:17:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ny-times-op-ed-by-michael-ian-black-the-boys-are-not-all-right.25156/

Starting off with a poignant sentiment about how it's always boys committing mass shootings, OP immediately derails his own thread with the help of Black American Psycho to point out that it's always white boys.  Except for the bunch of shootings that came from other ethnic groups.  Because

Look, fam. Cruz I legitimately got wrong. But you're basically trying to sit here and debate fucking percentages. Fall back.

Y'know, percentages that are ironclad data and alright to discuss as long as they fit the current argument.

People try to bring it back on topic and leave race aside, but Black American Psycho doesn't let up:

Quote from: Black American Psycho
Quote from: Kill3r7
The race argument will end up leading to circular argument, posting of endless stats and articles analysing gun violence by race. However, the male issue is far more interesting to discuss because it something 150/153 mass shootings have been committed by males.

Stats
https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...-shootings-in-america/?utm_term=.38e38887de57

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/12/mass-shootings-mother-jones-full-data/
What's the race of the males?

Hahaha. This ain't a body count competition. It' tragic regardless. Count race of the serial killers in the last 150 school massacres.

Then suddenly Winnie-the-fucking-Pooh shows up and compares the percentages of races performing mass shootings with the population of the US, and oh look, it turns out whites are under-represented in shootings and blacks and asians are over-represented.

Black American Psycho disappears for the rest of the thread!

Uh, this Michael Ian Black?

sigh

etiolate

« Reply #18373 on: February 22, 2018, 11:22:46 PM »
I first heart the Flaming Lips in the 90s, so I guess they count. I can't remember what album it was though.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0

TVC15

« Reply #18375 on: February 22, 2018, 11:30:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ny-times-op-ed-by-michael-ian-black-the-boys-are-not-all-right.25156/

Starting off with a poignant sentiment about how it's always boys committing mass shootings, OP immediately derails his own thread with the help of Black American Psycho to point out that it's always white boys.  Except for the bunch of shootings that came from other ethnic groups.  Because

Look, fam. Cruz I legitimately got wrong. But you're basically trying to sit here and debate fucking percentages. Fall back.

Y'know, percentages that are ironclad data and alright to discuss as long as they fit the current argument.

People try to bring it back on topic and leave race aside, but Black American Psycho doesn't let up:

Quote from: Kill3r7
The race argument will end up leading to circular argument, posting of endless stats and articles analysing gun violence by race. However, the male issue is far more interesting to discuss because it something 150/153 mass shootings have been committed by males.

Stats
https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...-shootings-in-america/?utm_term=.38e38887de57

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/12/mass-shootings-mother-jones-full-data/
What's the race of the males?

Hahaha. This ain't a body count competition. It' tragic regardless. Count race of the serial killers in the last 150 school massacres.

Then suddenly Winnie-the-fucking-Pooh shows up and compares the percentages of races performing mass shootings with the population of the US, and oh look, it turns out whites are under-represented in shootings and blacks and asians are over-represented.

Black American Psycho disappears for the rest of the thread!

Uh, this Michael Ian Black?

(Image removed from quote.)

Yes. The same Michael Ian Black that sucked Mrs. Claus’s dick.
serge

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #18376 on: February 22, 2018, 11:34:04 PM »
yeah that's the issue, they aren't harsh enough and too slow on the bans :lol

I’m being completely serious. There have been some really heated moments on discord with us yelling at mods for not cracking down harder.

You're an idiot. Please kill yourself and save us all from your stupidity. Thank you.

Spoiler: The current moderation policy is why you and your fellow crazies are laughed at. You (and Hobby Lobby/others) can think we're a "hate site" all you want, but we're trying to course-correct you. People aren't defending the director of that game for saying it's not as big a deal as you and others think it is. The very fact that you and others are screaming bloody murder because "THEY DON'T BAN FAST ENOUGH *autistic screeching*" just proves that Trump is going to get the seat again in 2020. So congrats on your echo-chamber, you moron.

AKA: Actually get out your fucking bubbles, don't ban someone for "wrong-think" and have a dialogue with these folks that you may not agree with. Who knows, both of you may learn something.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #18377 on: February 22, 2018, 11:39:18 PM »

(That is my favourite gif)

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=45218.msg2369237#msg2369237

Did you watch Stella? Critically underrated.

Uh, no.  I don't watch white male racist comedy.

I'm  all about Sarah Silverman

sigh

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #18378 on: February 22, 2018, 11:39:52 PM »
Don't let Cream troll you dude.

I'm  all about Sarah Silverman

Frank is right, you have to get the right shade of shoe polish.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #18379 on: February 22, 2018, 11:44:29 PM »
Did we ever resolve the Cream penis situation?
:O

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #18380 on: February 22, 2018, 11:45:29 PM »
I don't want to know about your penis cream situation dude.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #18381 on: February 22, 2018, 11:48:52 PM »
more beak talk, please.

agrajag

« Reply #18382 on: February 22, 2018, 11:50:50 PM »
more beak talk, please.

cream filled beaks

etiolate

« Reply #18383 on: February 23, 2018, 12:01:42 AM »
best 90s band

Alice in Beaks

TwEE-N-Toast

« Reply #18384 on: February 23, 2018, 12:04:52 AM »
Just caught up. Holy shit and not surprised at all @ the Kingdom Come thread. REEEE is probably worse than GAF was at its prime, and in record time too.

Thats because its a new game +

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #18385 on: February 23, 2018, 12:06:08 AM »
Best 90s band.
que

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #18386 on: February 23, 2018, 12:21:13 AM »

I like Built to Spill are they "90s" enough?
thinking of changing my answer :noah

每天生气

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #18387 on: February 23, 2018, 12:22:25 AM »
you fucking illierate.
:lol

Guess we know which alt-account Cream is for a moderator.

timu hates black people. at least get your memes right :doge

Yeah!

I mean... wait!

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #18388 on: February 23, 2018, 12:29:44 AM »
Their Freebird cover is fucking nuts.

etiolate

« Reply #18389 on: February 23, 2018, 12:40:34 AM »
time to trigger with the pearl jam

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #18390 on: February 23, 2018, 12:42:24 AM »
TVC no! You can't be telling me you listen to ambient Burzum and recent flaming lips in two days this is too much for my little heart to handle!!

agrajag

« Reply #18391 on: February 23, 2018, 12:45:08 AM »
90's music huh?

Hit me you can't hurt me suck my hog
Kiss me please pervert me stick with cream
Is she talking dirty
Give to me sweet sacred cream
Your beak was made to suck my hog

clothedmacuser

« Reply #18392 on: February 23, 2018, 12:50:54 AM »

sigh

TVC15

« Reply #18393 on: February 23, 2018, 12:52:08 AM »
TVC no! You can't be telling me you listen to ambient Burzum and recent flaming lips in two days this is too much for my little heart to handle!!

I didn't like the Lips album from last year. I loved Embryonic and The Terror. The Terror was iirc my favorite album from that year. It's so bleak and beautiful. Fuck the Miley stuff, though. I'll still give a goodwill listen to everything they put out, but you never know if it's going to be brilliant or garbo these days.
serge

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #18394 on: February 23, 2018, 12:56:05 AM »
fuck you, pavement is the only obvious answer

the first 15 seconds of grounded is the sole influence for the soundtrack to friday night lights

« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 01:02:52 AM by TEEEPO »

etiolate

« Reply #18395 on: February 23, 2018, 12:58:09 AM »
I have a 90s YT playlist I use for myself. I got most of the bands listed here. I put in some one hit wonders like 3 strange days.

No Radiohead on it though.  :teehee

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #18396 on: February 23, 2018, 12:59:45 AM »

I didn't like the Lips album from last year. I loved Embryonic and The Terror. The Terror was iirc my favorite album from that year. It's so bleak and beautiful. Fuck the Miley stuff, though. I'll still give a goodwill listen to everything they put out, but you never know if it's going to be brilliant or garbo these days.

That's a reassuring answer. I gave up on them around Embryonic, but I too was in the goodwill listener category. I'm glad I got off the wagon before the Miley stuff, cuz that is rrrrough. Wayne Coyne is just an unbearable personality though, so it wasn't tough to part with them for me

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #18397 on: February 23, 2018, 01:01:54 AM »
I have a 90s YT playlist I use for myself. I got most of the bands listed here. I put in some one hit wonders like 3 strange days.

No Radiohead on it though.  :teehee

i hope it has nada surf's popular

etiolate

« Reply #18398 on: February 23, 2018, 01:06:42 AM »
Of course it does.

TVC15

« Reply #18399 on: February 23, 2018, 01:11:01 AM »
Of course it does.

Much classic Korn and ICP on there?
serge

etiolate

« Reply #18400 on: February 23, 2018, 01:11:39 AM »
No, I do have to listen to it.

TVC15

« Reply #18401 on: February 23, 2018, 01:17:52 AM »
now you guys got me listening to kmfdm

IN A WORLD OF DECEIT, OPEN YOUR EYES

serge

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #18402 on: February 23, 2018, 01:18:49 AM »
90's rock? Easy.

etiolate

« Reply #18403 on: February 23, 2018, 01:20:10 AM »
I don't have kmfdm on it either. I do have them on another playlist. This one is mostly the alt-rock/grunge stuff. I think I have Green Jelly's one hit and maybe Helmet? It gets as soft as Slowdive and as heavy as Tool.

Each playlist needs its parameters. :snob

TVC15

« Reply #18404 on: February 23, 2018, 01:22:32 AM »
KMFDM is a once in a while thing for me. Even at their best, they songs start sounding too similar really quickly.
serge

etiolate

« Reply #18405 on: February 23, 2018, 01:25:13 AM »
Yeah their catalog is pretty one note. They're still "fun" when you want it. I noticed that when I go through YT looking for their songs, most of the YT comments are people talking about discovering the band through anime VHS tapes.

What a legacy.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #18406 on: February 23, 2018, 01:30:47 AM »
STP for me will always be the gold standard.  Controversial take - I think Feeder would have been an amazing band if they didnt have the tragic death

etiolate

« Reply #18407 on: February 23, 2018, 01:32:40 AM »
It's like a band made of Stephen Baldwins

agrajag

« Reply #18408 on: February 23, 2018, 01:32:58 AM »
Nihil + Adios  :rejoice

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #18409 on: February 23, 2018, 01:41:16 AM »
One thing about modern music, thanks to souncloud and youtube etc I've discovered musicians with more talent in their toenail clippings than the people winning grammies, what a time to be alive

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #18410 on: February 23, 2018, 01:44:10 AM »
This is how I learned of Feeder back in the day, lmao at the music discovery channels of the 90s

etiolate

« Reply #18411 on: February 23, 2018, 01:45:42 AM »
The top 10 rock albums for radio play or billboards listings aren't even rock bands. It's a mix of pop bands with a bit of rock beat and some crossover bands.

Streaming services, youtube and their algorithms have become the way to find whats new.

Most of my playlists are designed for streaming, so they have to not disgust me and also have appeal to people (genreally) much younger than me. I rely heavily on finding a decent track and following the suggestions.

Thirty-Ought-Six

« Reply #18412 on: February 23, 2018, 01:54:37 AM »
PJ Harvey for me.

TVC15

« Reply #18413 on: February 23, 2018, 01:56:06 AM »
Another contender.

serge

etiolate

« Reply #18414 on: February 23, 2018, 01:59:36 AM »

A go to video just for the armpit lick.

TVC15

« Reply #18416 on: February 23, 2018, 02:03:12 AM »
Btw, I see that all three Cruel Intentions movies are coming to Netflix next month. Out of curiosity, do the sequels try to outdo the girl kiss from the first one? Is there much escalation? Are they like shoving traffic cones in their assholes by the third movie?
serge

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #18418 on: February 23, 2018, 02:09:30 AM »

A go to video just for the armpit lick.

:9

TVC15

« Reply #18419 on: February 23, 2018, 02:10:25 AM »
PJ Harvey for me.

the correct answer

Also, of course, Nick. Although I think the Bad Seeds may be a little too varied to primarily call a rock band.

serge