Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174772 times)

Bore Expert

Re: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY
« Reply #19380 on: February 27, 2018, 01:21:34 PM »
Lionpride is like a drunk Urkel with Tourette’s  :derp

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #19381 on: February 27, 2018, 01:24:51 PM »
I'm surprised that the ERA BCT hasn't devolved to Tariq Nasheed levels of cringe. They are an infinitesimal step away from calling people coons and bed wenches. I mean they're already obsessed with SWS.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #19382 on: February 27, 2018, 01:32:15 PM »
Did they build bridges over the ocean? No? Then they still suck.
Salty people that started with Torchic BTFO

:patel

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #19383 on: February 27, 2018, 01:37:21 PM »
Feel bad for lion pride. Baby 18 yo failing out of college, social skills likely minimal, and all he has are some message board posters that have his back

dur

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #19384 on: February 27, 2018, 01:48:10 PM »
Feel bad for lion pride. Baby 18 yo failing out of college, social skills likely minimal, and all he has are some message board posters that have his back
"So that is what happens, that is what happens when you try to get an equality of outcome. When you ignore the cold hard facts. GROW UP MAN, I tell them. GROW UP, your life is not going to wait for you. College. What is college. The word college, it sounds like Gulag, you think that's a coincidence? You think they didn't know what they were doing with that?
You could start killing sure. Start killing. Start killing, like all we did was kill in the 20th century. If that's what you want just start killing. But know this, it will get back at you. Someday in the future, the ugly head of righteousness and virtue shows. And then what are you gonna do aboot eet?" - Jordan Peterson

"Woah, far out man, so that's like really interesting stuff" - Joe Rogan
🤴

jorma

« Reply #19385 on: February 27, 2018, 01:51:01 PM »
Would RE users be appalled at the homo/transphobia and misogyny on The Coli, or would they support it because it's a board made by and for black people and nearly every topic can be turned into a cacodemon conspiracy?

Hate it. They don't hate it because of the transphobia, mind - they hate it because their posts never receive any daps, and when they call for the mods because someone something bad faith... they never come.

They probably love the bore more, because we're pretty much the only ones giving them any attention, even if it's just to mock. And that's much better than being ignored, just ask etiolate.

thetylerrob

« Reply #19386 on: February 27, 2018, 01:52:12 PM »
LionPride is gonna fail out because of forum addiction and it's all because the white devil had to invent social media. SMH :snoop

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #19387 on: February 27, 2018, 01:55:08 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #19388 on: February 27, 2018, 02:15:20 PM »
Did they build bridges over the ocean? No? Then they still suck.
Salty people that started with Torchic BTFO

:patel

Fire starters :crowdlaff

archie4208

« Reply #19389 on: February 27, 2018, 02:17:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/chrono-trigger-is-on-steam.26089/

The overreaction in this thread to a PC port of a 23 year old game that you can have running on an emulator in 5 minutes.

:lol :lol :lol

Edit: On Page 3 the mood changes once they realize this is a port of the phone version.
haha, yeah

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #19390 on: February 27, 2018, 02:32:29 PM »
Would RE users be appalled at the homo/transphobia, racism, and misogyny on The Coli, or would they support it because it's a board made by and for black people and nearly every topic can be turned into a cacodemon conspiracy?

THAT'S the forum I was trying to remember.  Why do they share so many emoticons with the Bore?  Who stole from who?
Uncle

Tasty

« Reply #19391 on: February 27, 2018, 02:34:06 PM »
Would RE users be appalled at the homo/transphobia, racism, and misogyny on The Coli, or would they support it because it's a board made by and for black people and nearly every topic can be turned into a cacodemon conspiracy?

THAT'S the forum I was trying to remember.  Why do they share so many emoticons with the Bore?  Who stole from who?

We stole, liberally and voraciously. They caught us once, too. :lol

BisMarckie

« Reply #19392 on: February 27, 2018, 02:36:39 PM »
i understand the hate, but how can i play the snes version, its so expensive, same the ds versions. i dont have much options without being a pirate. this or mobile are the only ways i can play it now :(

The entire SNES library(I think the same is true for DS) is just sitting there on archive.org and no sane person gives a shit. But spending 15 bucks on a shitty port and complaining about it on resetera sure is more entertaining for me. :derp:

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #19393 on: February 27, 2018, 02:39:16 PM »
Jeez, if they feel so upset about being a "pirate" of SNES games, why not just buy the steam version and then download the SNES+Emulator version and play guilt free. That way you've paid for the game.

paprikastaude

« Reply #19394 on: February 27, 2018, 02:42:19 PM »
nah fuck pirating games. GAF/RE banning talk on the matter is one of their few good policies :)

Tasty

« Reply #19395 on: February 27, 2018, 02:44:26 PM »
SNES Classic has CT too I think. :thinking

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #19396 on: February 27, 2018, 02:45:43 PM »
SNES Classic has CT too I think. :thinking
nope  :'(
🤴

« Reply #19397 on: February 27, 2018, 02:50:39 PM »
nah fuck pirating games. GAF/RE banning talk on the matter is one of their few good policies :)

Morally what's the issue if you pay them for the steam version and then pirate the better one?

stufte

« Reply #19398 on: February 27, 2018, 02:50:44 PM »

Downloading a SNES game is not the same as pirating a game that just came out. Don't talk about *where* to download stuff, sure, but not talking about it at all is silly.

Marhunchy

« Reply #19399 on: February 27, 2018, 02:54:04 PM »

Link?  :ohhh

Nvm found it :lol
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 03:02:49 PM by Marhunchy »

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #19400 on: February 27, 2018, 03:00:02 PM »

Morally what's the issue if you pay them for the steam version and then pirate the better one?

Why on earth would you feel any obligation to support Square on this game after this debacle?

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5001187/

Lol at how this port has now turned into Square Enix has raped my childhood on ResetEra.

thetylerrob

« Reply #19401 on: February 27, 2018, 03:00:59 PM »

:ohhh
Cultural appropriation has gone too far this time

nudemacusers

« Reply #19402 on: February 27, 2018, 03:03:41 PM »
Why would you play an old ass game in 2018 when there are so many proper cinematic works pushing the medium forward being made today?
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Rahxephon91

« Reply #19403 on: February 27, 2018, 03:06:37 PM »
That CT thread is embarrassing. The port looks fine, only giant spergs would really have a temper tantrum at the cleaning up of sprites. Bitches fucking complaining about how games can be lost and not kept in circulation and Square puts out a perfectly fine port and it's all "fuck you". Embarrassing. This is hardly a "disaster" or something like FFVI.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #19404 on: February 27, 2018, 03:07:44 PM »
Why would you play an old ass game in 2018 when there are so many proper cinematic works pushing the medium forward being made today?
So you can make "Is so and so problematic in 2018" style threads.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #19405 on: February 27, 2018, 03:08:19 PM »
YOU WOULDNT STEAL A CAR

Rahxephon91

« Reply #19406 on: February 27, 2018, 03:09:13 PM »
I would if I could get a way with it like I can with a snes game. Fuck I'd like a new car.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #19407 on: February 27, 2018, 03:09:21 PM »
Chrono Trigger is right next to FF7 in most overrated JRPGs.

samir

« Reply #19408 on: February 27, 2018, 03:10:40 PM »
Are there any black people in Chrono Trigger?

Rahxephon91

« Reply #19409 on: February 27, 2018, 03:10:58 PM »
Chrono Trigger is right next to FF7 in most overrated JRPGs.
:badass

nudemacusers

« Reply #19410 on: February 27, 2018, 03:14:06 PM »
YOU WOULDNT STEAL A CAR
It’s steal the shit out of a whip tbh
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Tasty

« Reply #19411 on: February 27, 2018, 03:25:57 PM »
I'm pretty sure Nintendo literally downloaded some roms from a pirate site to sell on their eshop.

This has been proven in at least one case.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-18-did-nintendo-download-a-mario-rom-and-sell-it-back-to-us

jorma

« Reply #19412 on: February 27, 2018, 03:26:43 PM »
Giving a shit about copyright infringement in [CURRENT YEAR]  :lol :lol :lol

Tasty

« Reply #19413 on: February 27, 2018, 03:27:55 PM »
I'm pretty sure Nintendo literally downloaded some roms from a pirate site to sell on their eshop.

I think there was evidence of this actually;  but they still spent some money likely on QA and other aspects bringing any game to the e-shop.

Nintendo has always gotten away with being by far the least generous company in gaming; it's only recently people have bothered to notice.  I mean their main launch title for Wii-U was a $60 2d Mario game lol.  People ate that game up while turning around and complaining that RPG's that had $50 million budgets and offer 100s of hours of gameplay have paid DLC.

Eh, New Mario U was a great game. Just cause something is some janky open sandbox with "hundreds of hours of gameplay" doesn't mean it's worth its cost. Give me a solid platformer any day.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 03:39:26 PM by Tasty Meat »

daemon

« Reply #19414 on: February 27, 2018, 03:32:24 PM »
nice. Lionpride got banned for calling out an user, then the user in question gets banned and LP unbanned. Just another day in the BCT zoo.

paprikastaude

« Reply #19415 on: February 27, 2018, 03:34:45 PM »
Eh, New Mario U was a great game. Just cause something isn't some janky open sandbox with "hundreds of hours of gameplay" doesn't mean it's worth its cost. Give me a solid platformer any day.

New Mario Bros. alongside Animal Crossing is one of the laziest mainstream series in existence. The U one was nothing but a phoned in map pack, which still copy-pasted all the horrible music and art direction from the first DS game. The second game on Wii was the only one that at least upped the level design in a significant manner, but NSMBU might as well have been DLC. It was just a couple of level gimmicks re-arranged. Absolutely not worth supporting and it was good Nintendo fell flat on their face with that shit.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #19416 on: February 27, 2018, 03:36:33 PM »
Just another day in the BCT zoo.
wow, racist
每天生气

Tasty

« Reply #19417 on: February 27, 2018, 03:37:52 PM »
Good presentation can only enhance a game. A game is good regardless. :trumps

Luigi U was even better and that *was* DLC.

Tasty

« Reply #19418 on: February 27, 2018, 03:38:54 PM »
Also, that line about Animal Crossing really only applies to City Folk and maybe Happy Home Designer/Amiibo Festival.

The original, Wild World, and New Leaf have all been high quality releases on their respective platforms which advanced the series quite a bit.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #19420 on: February 27, 2018, 03:39:26 PM »
Fuck Mario, give me a proper Spyro game.

Tasty

« Reply #19421 on: February 27, 2018, 03:40:10 PM »
That CT thread is embarrassing. The port looks fine, only giant spergs would really have a temper tantrum at the cleaning up of sprites. Bitches fucking complaining about how games can be lost and not kept in circulation and Square puts out a perfectly fine port and it's all "fuck you". Embarrassing. This is hardly a "disaster" or something like FFVI.

*looks at screenshots*

Breh, it looks like shit. Not even in a "I don't like this smoothing filter" way. It looks legit glitched out and shit.

This is like... horizontal AND vertical tearing happening every 32 pixels or something. You know who should be embarrassed? Squeenix.

kingv

« Reply #19422 on: February 27, 2018, 03:40:43 PM »
The only thing that annoys be about LionPride is his tendency to spout random anecdotal evidence.  You'll notice a huge percentage of his "arguments" are "Well people around here say x and y" or "I don't know anybody who does x and y" and half the time it's shit he'd likely never know about people... aka it's just a bullshit way to give his opinion more merit.

Once you notice it, you'll never un-notice it.

I don’t know why you’re dragging LP so hard.

We all know he would never say “people around here” or “anybody” when he could easily say “nikkas around here” or “any nikka”

I wish I had tried to grab some of the discord invites during GAF implosion. I have a feeling that reading those chats is far more entertaining than the actual forum.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #19423 on: February 27, 2018, 03:41:38 PM »
Giving a shit about copyright infringement in [CURRENT YEAR]  :lol :lol :lol
This is all Trump's fault. If he hadn't pulled the US out of the Trans Pacific plPartnership deal this sort of copyright infringement wouldn't be allowed to happen any more.

Tasty

« Reply #19424 on: February 27, 2018, 03:42:47 PM »

:dead

paprikastaude

« Reply #19425 on: February 27, 2018, 03:44:16 PM »
Good presentation can only enhance a game. A game is good regardless. :trumps

Luigi U was even better and that *was* DLC.

and a 60$ console launch game shouldnt feel like it was shat out by one of Nintendo's janitors over a weekend

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #19426 on: February 27, 2018, 03:47:00 PM »
orz
©@©™

daemon

« Reply #19427 on: February 27, 2018, 03:51:03 PM »
wow, racist

Should've known the parallels would be made.

BCT circus.

I consider resetters, and more precisely that part of the community endangered species on a public display so that's why I called it a zoo, lol

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #19428 on: February 27, 2018, 03:52:03 PM »
The only thing that annoys be about LionPride is his tendency to spout random anecdotal evidence.  You'll notice a huge percentage of his "arguments" are "Well people around here say x and y" or "I don't know anybody who does x and y" and half the time it's shit he'd likely never know about people... aka it's just a bullshit way to give his opinion more merit.

Once you notice it, you'll never un-notice it.

It's also that the crew he runs with is more diverse than the BK Kids Club.  Just add some baby-boomers, Sudanese refugees, Vietnam vets, ex-cops, etc.

LionPride has friends the way Lime has nations of residence.
sigh

Coitus

« Reply #19429 on: February 27, 2018, 03:52:45 PM »
nice. Lionpride got banned for calling out an user, then the user in question gets banned and LP unbanned. Just another day in the BCT zoo.

Zoo, huh?

Circus, huh? 

:trigger

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #19430 on: February 27, 2018, 03:53:00 PM »
wow, racist

BCT circus.

I consider resetters, and more precisely that part of the community endangered species on a public display so that's why I called it a zoo, lol
You can't undo racism friend.

It's like Amir0x fapping to kids, you can't put your load back in once it's out there for the FBI to find.
🤴

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #19431 on: February 27, 2018, 04:00:01 PM »
Is this guy really arguing that the invention of cinema and hollywood has it's roots in minstrel shows?

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5003359/
sigh

daemon

« Reply #19432 on: February 27, 2018, 04:01:37 PM »
wow, racist

BCT circus.

You can't undo racism friend.

It's like Amir0x fapping to kids, you can't put your load back in once it's out there for the FBI to find.

Don't tell me about it, that's how I was made

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #19433 on: February 27, 2018, 04:02:53 PM »
Is this guy really arguing that the invention of cinema and hollywood has it's roots in minstrel shows?

White culture gave us Webster. Racism over.
que

thetylerrob

« Reply #19434 on: February 27, 2018, 04:08:35 PM »

he's an idiot nothing to see here

So that again brings be back to the (admittedly privileged) position of only feeling a connection to "American" culture, which is problematic because everything worth a damn in American culture came from black people. Like literally all of it. So white people are just kinda stuck in limbo, enjoying our privilege, but without a tribe of our own. Unless you want to join the Klan/Trump campaign. =/

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #19435 on: February 27, 2018, 04:08:52 PM »
"White" and "Black" culture is such a moronic idea. You are all Americunts in my eyes.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #19436 on: February 27, 2018, 04:12:03 PM »

he's an idiot nothing to see here

So that again brings be back to the (admittedly privileged) position of only feeling a connection to "American" culture, which is problematic because everything worth a damn in American culture came from black people. Like literally all of it. So white people are just kinda stuck in limbo, enjoying our privilege, but without a tribe of our own. Unless you want to join the Klan/Trump campaign. =/

What about Tacos, you racist sack of crap? Some of the good things about American culture were also stolen from Hispanics. :bolo
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #19437 on: February 27, 2018, 04:14:14 PM »
This is the dumbest thing I've read on the internet all year  :doge
🤴

tuna_love

« Reply #19438 on: February 27, 2018, 04:14:50 PM »
hispanix*

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #19439 on: February 27, 2018, 04:16:01 PM »
You have been banned for the following reason: Sending unsolicited hostile PMs to another user. Continuing a discussion via PM is ok, but starting that through an unsolicited PM in a hostile / demeaning tone is not. If you want to discuss this further, please contact an admin via PM when you return. Your ban will be lifted on Mar 7, 2018.

This forum (ERA) is a fucking shitshow.

Now if you send a PM to a member wishing not to further discuss something in a topic which could be regarded as going off topic, now continuing this discussion warrants a ban.

The user in question stated in a topic that he found it "out of place" that in Kingdom Come Deliverance a husband slaps his wife on the butt. The topic was regarding sexism and he stated this interaction as a example.

Now I told this guy/girl in a PM: You must be such a joy in a relationship, if you even consider slapping your partner on the butt sexism. Grow up dude/girl.

And I have been banned for a FUCKING WEEK for this bullshit?~!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:doge :doge :doge :doge :doge

I think I may have more bans on ERA now than I ever did on GAF LOL. I just got off a week ban >< for fucks sake. This time I thought ok I wont be a dick IN the topic, I'll just send a PM that this guy/girl is being a whiny little bitch. Dude/girl goes running to the admin/mods or whatever and still gets me banned. What a fucking shitshow of a forum.

How is that a 'Hostile' message? DA FUCK

I have never called anyone a 'snowflake' but in this case holy shit, what a fucking little snowflake.
What