Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174768 times)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Re: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY
« Reply #20040 on: March 02, 2018, 08:46:09 AM »
Damn why are you guys picking on people who are digging through trash?

If they need to pick through trash for food to live, it'd be rude to mock them, and if they're only doing it to be eco-friendly or whatever, they're doing your recycling for you, so you can lay back and reap the long term benefits.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #20041 on: March 02, 2018, 08:58:20 AM »
You mean besides people on Resetera? Hard to say. I've never heard someone say they were offended by 'nicca' / 'nicca' when i've heard it said here in Australia. You should move here, it is a tropical paradise where white people sing hand-in-hand with every race of people imaginable.
Arent you the folk that called aborigines 'boongs' because that's the sound your car makes when you hit them? :doge

I'd never heard that Slang before but apparently it was inititaly slang for 'anus' in 1700's Sydney.

Where'd you hear that car thing? Was it an Australian guy saying it? Maybe i'm just out of touch with the common Australian.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boong

Also i read it in this book - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Town_Like_Alice

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #20042 on: March 02, 2018, 09:21:04 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Fucking liberals. We used to live in a world where this lady would have been offered an opportunity to pose for something like Playboy or Hustler because she was ruined otherwise so what's she got to lose? Now she'll never get those offers because everyone is all, "omg no I would NEVER jerk off to an ephebophile!"

nudemacusers

« Reply #20043 on: March 02, 2018, 09:22:33 AM »
Damn why are you guys picking on people who are digging through trash?
Because they are trash people
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #20044 on: March 02, 2018, 09:25:07 AM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #20045 on: March 02, 2018, 09:27:39 AM »
Dumpster diving  :nope

Maybe if I was a bum
What

SG-17

« Reply #20046 on: March 02, 2018, 09:30:47 AM »
I don't know why I am consistently amazed at these people being unable to function at a basic level in human society.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #20047 on: March 02, 2018, 09:50:46 AM »
I loved dumpster diving when I was a college student. Not for food or anything but I got lots of nice furniture and junk back in the day.

tuna_love

« Reply #20048 on: March 02, 2018, 09:53:27 AM »
the running over an aboriginal and the noise sounding like boong is a racist dad joke. its short for boonga

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #20049 on: March 02, 2018, 09:58:00 AM »
the running over an aboriginal and the noise sounding like boong is a racist dad joke. its short for boonga
boonga is a slur used for pacific islanders, boong is a slur used for aboriginals 

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #20050 on: March 02, 2018, 10:04:06 AM »
I mean it may have been 50 years ago?

I've never heard it before. It did not catch on.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #20051 on: March 02, 2018, 10:07:08 AM »
Worry about food going to waste.

Eh, he ain't wrong though. A lot of food does go to waste that could be used elsewhere. I don't know about dumpster diving for food if you aren't like really homeless/skidrow'd but before throwing it out it could go to lower-income services that give it to people. Bread that is "past the expiration date" but not like moldy can still be used, for instance.

Now dumpster diving for household items like a toaster or something could work. Because those just sit in a landfill and never decompose.

tuna_love

« Reply #20052 on: March 02, 2018, 10:07:53 AM »
im an aboriginal and my nick name in primary school was boonga

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #20053 on: March 02, 2018, 10:07:55 AM »
It stopped being a thing by the early 90s (outside of shitholes) but I like giving Aussies shit, it's our national pastime after all   :playa

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #20054 on: March 02, 2018, 10:09:06 AM »
That's super weird

tuna_love

« Reply #20055 on: March 02, 2018, 10:12:41 AM »
That's super weird
u r

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #20056 on: March 02, 2018, 10:13:43 AM »

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #20057 on: March 02, 2018, 10:22:32 AM »
you two are tearing this family apart
rub

tummyfat

« Reply #20058 on: March 02, 2018, 10:25:13 AM »
This is a documentary on tuna_love

kingv

« Reply #20059 on: March 02, 2018, 10:47:32 AM »
That show was under appreciated.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #20060 on: March 02, 2018, 11:55:58 AM »
I love how the thread went from: "Yeah, I occasionally found some good furniture by the road as a college kid"

to:

"Lifehacks, you can eat food from dumpsters!"

The only pro-side to this lunacy is that half those fuckers will be dead by food poisoning as they're also afraid to go to their transphobic and/or racist doctors.

People throw their tampons, left-over cleaning chemicals, band aids, bloody underwear, dead goldfish, kitty litter and cum crusted napkins in the same dumpster as their half finished Yogurts and Pizza's.

Enjoy your meal weirdo.

When the inevitable 'Halp, I'm sick, my tummy hurts, I shit green and I vomit blood' thread shows up I'm going to create an alt just to make fun of that person.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 12:04:39 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #20061 on: March 02, 2018, 12:04:30 PM »
While it's not an appealing idea to me, either, they don't dumpster dive for stuff that was opened or partially eaten like racoons would. They go for stuff supermarkets throw out for being out of expiration date. Stuff's so full of preservatives that it's usually still good to eat, provided the packaging was never damaged.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #20062 on: March 02, 2018, 12:15:12 PM »
While it's not an appealing idea to me, either, they don't dumpster dive for stuff that was opened or partially eaten like racoons would. They go for stuff supermarkets throw out for being out of expiration date. Stuff's so full of preservatives that it's usually still good to eat, provided the packaging was never damaged.
I've worked in a supermarket when I was in college. Believe me, you don't want to dumpster dive in those dumpsters.
Most supermarkets give away the 'still good stuff' to homeless shelters and such already. Most broken boxes of crisps and such are given to the staff. 

Not to mention to take care of the smell of decomposing fish and other shit we had to basically chemically douse the bins every week.
Also, most super markets have public bins for people to throw their cigarettes in or use as vomit containers after closing hours. Occasionally piss filled bottles not taken by the bottle machine would also end in the bins.
We emptied those bins in the same dumpsters. Finally, most people consider supermarket dumpsters an easy way to get rid off their own trash discreetly that the wife/husband shouldn't find such as used condoms or syringes.
Not to mention you share your delicious meal with insects, stray cats, rats and other vermin.

It's really not a good idea to dive in supermarket dumpsters no matter what gold you might expect to find in there.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #20063 on: March 02, 2018, 12:17:07 PM »
🤴

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #20064 on: March 02, 2018, 12:17:42 PM »
I'm, perhaps naively, going to assume that the people who do this regularly have learned to pick the right dumpster to pillage.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #20065 on: March 02, 2018, 12:19:46 PM »
I'm, perhaps naively, going to assume that the people who do this regularly have learned to pick the right dumpster to pillage.
The biggest risk is that you don't know what has happened to the dumpster prior to you searching for some food.

We had one dumpster that one hobo used as a toilet during the night (no matter what locks we tried) and another figured was a good way to scavenge for food during the day.
When we figured that out we would just hand the hobo some left-overs if he was scouting around.
🤴

« Reply #20066 on: March 02, 2018, 12:31:35 PM »
Quote from: Just_a_Mouse, post: 5103470, member: 19077
So much perfectly good food gets thrown away, it's sad to see it go waste. I've found box after box of perfectly good granola bars, loaves of bread still days away from expiring, perfectly fine produce, and countless other finds. I did it to survive when I was struggling to get by.

One good tip, for those not too afraid to get their hands dirty, is to scout out the dumpsters and trash around college neighborhoods at the end of the school year. Tons of furniture and other neat things get tossed, I once even scored a plasma HDTV that worked great.
(Image removed from quote.)

Heh, as a former dirty poor everything Minnie said there is legit.

Because they are trash people

« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 12:40:59 PM by Forgotten A. Turnbuckle »

Bore Expert

« Reply #20067 on: March 02, 2018, 12:40:08 PM »
Looking through Ree and Gaf for funny shit to post here is sort of like dumpster diving

:whatisthis   :idont

« Reply #20068 on: March 02, 2018, 12:48:23 PM »
Looking through Ree and Gaf for funny shit to post here is sort of like dumpster diving

Yeah, things are slowing down.  TVC should post some stuff from /morbidreality to spice things up

nudemacusers

« Reply #20069 on: March 02, 2018, 12:52:30 PM »

Macuser annihilated
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Drainage

« Reply #20070 on: March 02, 2018, 01:19:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5098602/

Quote from: Lionpride
Do you know how many people really just wanna say nicca for some reason

We all know at least one

Jansen

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #20072 on: March 02, 2018, 01:27:01 PM »
Is that thread about Cindi?

Edit: I skimmed through it and saw transwoman and conservative.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #20073 on: March 02, 2018, 01:28:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-i-need-help-ive-discovered-that-my-long-time-best-friend-is-an-awful-awful-person.26887/

expecting good advice from reeee on this one :doge
So person A recently discovered she's a 'woman' , then proceeds to fuck/rape someone's intoxicated girlfriend who's in an open relationship.

Where do they find these trash people as 'friends'.
🤴

etiolate

« Reply #20074 on: March 02, 2018, 01:31:01 PM »
on Reset?

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #20075 on: March 02, 2018, 01:31:19 PM »
Where do they find these trash people as 'friends'.

Birds of a feather?

BisMarckie

« Reply #20077 on: March 02, 2018, 01:47:40 PM »
When I hear about stuff like that on GAF/RE about open relationships or threesomes my first mental image always involves regular attractive people.   

Then I realize where I read this stuff and realize it's probably socially awkward uggos :donot

edit: OP is called "a guy in a bear suit" so its probably some furry shit  :kobeyuck
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 01:51:52 PM by KennyLoggins »

thetylerrob

« Reply #20078 on: March 02, 2018, 01:55:25 PM »
I imagine it's almost impossible to find friends if you're a true ree believer.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #20079 on: March 02, 2018, 01:59:45 PM »
I imagine it's almost impossible to find friends if you're a true ree believer.
Oh I don't think they have a problem finding friends online. But IRL friends? Yeah, I have a real hard time seeing that.
que

kingv

« Reply #20080 on: March 02, 2018, 02:02:50 PM »
How you gonna be a trans woman then go act like a dude?

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #20081 on: March 02, 2018, 02:12:55 PM »
Because gender roles are made to be broken, duh.
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #20082 on: March 02, 2018, 02:13:52 PM »
permed
it could also be that perhaps there's some biology or social reason that blacks and hispanics choose not to get into the technology field.

Probably not an adequate comparison, but black people are also severely underrepresented in the navy. I've listened to David Goggin's struggles with this, and he claims there's biological reasons such as his bone density attributed to his race, but also i bet a lot of black people, unlike Goggins, contemplated the thought of joining the marines but chose a different branch due to the nature of the training when you're in the navy (they basically drown you)
bone density  :neogaf
每天生气

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #20083 on: March 02, 2018, 02:14:11 PM »
It's like the bore learned nothing from the Hot Fishing Teacher episode at all. Women can be rapist as well.

BisMarckie

« Reply #20084 on: March 02, 2018, 02:32:33 PM »
permed
it could also be that perhaps there's some biology or social reason that blacks and hispanics choose not to get into the technology field.

Probably not an adequate comparison, but black people are also severely underrepresented in the navy. I've listened to David Goggin's struggles with this, and he claims there's biological reasons such as his bone density attributed to his race, but also i bet a lot of black people, unlike Goggins, contemplated the thought of joining the marines but chose a different branch due to the nature of the training when you're in the navy (they basically drown you)

good thing he had an alt ready :neogaf
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5118031/

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #20085 on: March 02, 2018, 02:40:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-i-need-help-ive-discovered-that-my-long-time-best-friend-is-an-awful-awful-person.26887/

expecting good advice from reeee on this one :doge

Let me get this straight, S is a man who presents himself as a woman, who likes to hook up with other women who are in relationships? Maybe S finds it easier to pray on girls as a woman opposed to being a man.
User Banned (Duration Pending): Blatantly transphobic comments

She's a rapist, but don't you dare question her sincerity

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #20086 on: March 02, 2018, 02:42:46 PM »
Both Google and Amazon have done internal studies (which they have released to the public) showing that diverse teams have better outcomes than single-demographic teams. By diversifying their hiring they are hiring the best candidates to improve their through-put.

Yes because I'm sure if a company did an internal study saying that hiring only white men had better outcomes for their business that everyone on REEEE would agree and move on.

Hiring based on skin color is wrong you fucking dolts.

shosta

« Reply #20087 on: March 02, 2018, 02:42:59 PM »
每天生气

etiolate

« Reply #20088 on: March 02, 2018, 02:52:22 PM »
Hire diversity based on skin color and gender. Because all black people think like THIS and women think like THAT and you're lacking that thinking!

Also, don't say women are more agreeable on average than men, that's stereotyping!

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #20089 on: March 02, 2018, 03:01:20 PM »
permed

[/b]

I actually listened to David Goggin on Joe Rogan's podcast and he actually says exactly this. That him being black, his bone density wasn't suited for decent buoyancy. He also stated that one of the reasons many black people don't join the marines is because of the water, and the fear of drowning. He didn't know how to swim, and he believes a lot of black people don't know how to swim either.

Of course Ree would have a knee jerk reaction to this and perm the guy

tummyfat

« Reply #20090 on: March 02, 2018, 03:04:43 PM »
permed

[/b]

I actually listened to David Goggin on Joe Rogan's podcast and he actually says exactly this. That him being black, his bone density wasn't suited for decent buoyancy. He also stated that one of the reasons many black people don't join the marines is because of the water, and the fear of drowning. He didn't know how to swim, and he believes a lot of black people don't know how to swim either.

Kenyans and Ethiopians have been dominating marathons for decades but it's racist to point out there might be a biological reason?

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #20091 on: March 02, 2018, 03:08:54 PM »
permed

[/b]

Kenyans and Ethiopians have been dominating marathons for decades but it's racist to point out there might be a biological reason?

Or the fact that jews have been marrying smart for decades. Brains over all else and the results show it.

Eugenics is severely frowned upon and for obvious reasons. Breed for it, just don't speak about it.  :rollsafe

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #20092 on: March 02, 2018, 03:11:52 PM »

Looked up a cheetah habitat map.

I think I've found out why they can run really fast. Seems to be some o' that nurturing nature.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #20093 on: March 02, 2018, 03:20:24 PM »

Or the fact that jews have been marrying smart for decades. Brains over all else and the results show it.

Eugenics is severely frowned upon and for obvious reasons. Breed for it, just don't speak about it.  :rollsafe

That's because they have an extra "smart" bone in their heads. 

sigh

kingv

« Reply #20094 on: March 02, 2018, 03:23:22 PM »
The navy is like 20% black.

Amerikkka is like 12% black.

The recruitment seems to be all right?

There are not many black officers though, but IMO that has more to do with likelihood of having a college degree for structural reasons than bone density.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #20095 on: March 02, 2018, 03:23:47 PM »
Guess that explains the big noses.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #20096 on: March 02, 2018, 03:27:35 PM »
That's because polar bears weren't killed by global warming back then. I think I'm on the right mark with the cheetah thing.

tummyfat

« Reply #20097 on: March 02, 2018, 03:31:17 PM »
Who cares about Fins running back when the world record was probably an hour slower than today

And of course there are non-cheetah related cultural reasons too.  But genetics are a factor.

thetylerrob

« Reply #20098 on: March 02, 2018, 03:38:20 PM »
In the future we will have smart bones and they'll be made by Apple. 

shosta

« Reply #20099 on: March 02, 2018, 03:39:34 PM »
burn this shitty thread
每天生气