Author Topic: 2018 US Midterm Elections | OT |  (Read 31321 times)

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
2018 US Midterm Elections | OT |
« on: January 01, 2018, 04:55:30 AM »
akemashite omedetou and welcome to 2018: The Year of the 2018 Midterm Elections, one of those rare subtitled years we have every now and then.

this placeholder post will be replaced with some actual content and links and stuff at some point, I just wanted to get something up on 1/1 1:xx pst for political engagement virtue signaling and speculative land grab purposes.
QED

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Re: 2018 US Midterm Elections | OT |
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 07:11:59 AM »
Don't let the libs sucker you with their lies
每天生气

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 08:39:11 PM »
I've got to look into how to vote on mid-term elections from Japan. I've only been voting in the four-year elections.   :-\

Himu

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 08:39:51 PM »
why so early
IYKYK

shosta

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 09:30:30 PM »
because politics is the American national sport
每天生气

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 09:33:32 PM »
2018 US Midterm Elections: yay, nay, or gay?
©@©™

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 07:36:54 AM »
so whats the actual purpose of the midterms and why lefties seem happy to use midterms as a slight against trump

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2018, 08:19:31 AM »
so whats the actual purpose of the midterms and why lefties seem happy to use midterms as a slight against trump

Senate/House are every 2 years. State and Local is every year or two years, IIRC.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 09:50:03 AM »

only mad people vote during midterms, which is usually when old white people worried about "mah cuntry" vote in some random local talk radio hosts, so libs wanna get more youngs and pocs up in this bitch
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 09:51:33 AM »
2018 US Midterm Elections: yay, nay, or gay?

yar

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2018, 11:03:53 AM »
As long as you fuckers dont let this shit spill into the rest of the forum.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Like that will ever happen  :crowdlaff
[close]

kingv

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2018, 08:35:12 AM »
Hush, we resisting here.

Himu

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2018, 09:52:09 AM »
Seriously, this is in slightly under a year. Why make this thread?
IYKYK

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2018, 10:19:18 AM »
This is a recursivelyenumerable thread, so there's probably some kind of meta-narrative
WDW

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2018, 03:10:59 PM »

Forget it, Cindi. It's Tennintown.
yar

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2018, 08:17:17 PM »
This is a recursivelyenumerable thread, so there's probably some kind of meta-narrative

…which is beyond human ken.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2018, 08:29:32 PM »
Seriously, needs to be a 2024 Presidential Election OT.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2018, 03:29:16 AM »
Trump is up to 38.5% approval on 538, someone crash the economy already

kingv

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2018, 11:14:53 AM »
There’s no more daily tracking polls except Rasmussen. I would expect all of the trackers to show higher numbers for him until they adjust them.

shosta

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2018, 04:44:50 PM »
from politco
market analysts, industry experts and economists warn that the economic fallout of the president’s tariffs — those that are already in effect and those he’s threatening to impose — is only going to intensify over the coming months and could reach a peak around election time.
:heyman
每天生气

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2018, 04:46:44 PM »
I didn't vote in the last election, but I'm definitely voting Trump's ass out in this election.
©@©™

warcock

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2018, 04:48:28 PM »
from politco
market analysts, industry experts and economists warn that the economic fallout of the president’s tariffs — those that are already in effect and those he’s threatening to impose — is only going to intensify over the coming months and could reach a peak around election time.
:heyman

Makes you wonder if dude wants out and thinks this is the only saving face method out. What will happen to his brand if he just resigns or gets impeached. Lel.

How the fuck does on vote in the midterms i think in registered do i need to not throw the ballots away on receipt from this day?

thisismyusername

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2018, 05:01:50 PM »
If you're registered: Show up to your polling place on the Tuesday in November that they decide to hold the election on. Vote after showing your voter ID.

warcock

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2018, 05:02:32 PM »
If you're registered: Show up to your polling place on the Tuesday in November that they decide to hold the election on. Vote after showing your voter ID.
im not going anywhere, if i cant mail this shit in fuck that.

thisismyusername

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2018, 05:06:31 PM »
im not going anywhere, if i cant mail this shit in fuck that.

If you're mail-in, AFAIK you need to contact your elections department to have them mail you a mail-in. Fill that out, then send it to the address that should be on the ballot.

Himu

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2018, 05:39:52 PM »
Looking forward to seeing democrats lose tbh.

Going back and forth between voting Cruz and leaving it blank. Leaning on a blank.
IYKYK

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2018, 05:58:23 PM »
I've got to look into how to vote on mid-term elections from Japan. I've only been voting in the four-year elections.   :-\

Where are you registered to vote back home? Can you help vote Nunes' stupid fucking punk ass out of office?
野球

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2018, 06:42:37 PM »
I read that cocaine Mitch wants to confirm the new SCOTUS right before the election as part of the 'owning the libs' ritual.
In any case the Chinese tradewar won't get very far. Trump will meet up with Xi, do some mumbo jumbo diplomacy, sign a few worthless papers and return home the victor.

From what I'm seeing the GOP has over 50 million in cash and the DNC is flat broke.
If the Dems are stupid enough to run on abolishing ICE like a reverse Rick Perry. Plus they keep foaming at the mouth and screaming Russia while at the same time having party dinosaurs write op-ed's against outsider candidates they have no chance against the well tuned conservative Super PAC machine. 

Not to mention there's Trump, who goes into beast mode during campaign season. He will sucker up all the press and media attention for starters.

What the Dems need more than anything is a charismatic leader with a clear message that does not include the words Russia or Trump.
Oh and to tell Clinton to go take a long walk in the woods and avoid any and all cameras.
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2018, 06:51:49 PM »
Not to mention there's Trump, who goes into beast mode during campaign season.

Dude managed to botch the same Senate election twice in fucking Alabama. Beast mode.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2018, 07:04:24 PM »
Trump being in the public's consciousness is the last thing Republicans want

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2018, 03:57:57 AM »

Where are you registered to vote back home? Can you help vote Nunes' stupid fucking punk ass out of office?

I was last registered in Redwood City, CA, but I am no longer a resident. I can probably apply for my "residency" (bank address) at my sister's home.

kingv

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2018, 08:56:55 AM »
I read that cocaine Mitch wants to confirm the new SCOTUS right before the election as part of the 'owning the libs' ritual.
In any case the Chinese tradewar won't get very far. Trump will meet up with Xi, do some mumbo jumbo diplomacy, sign a few worthless papers and return home the victor.

From what I'm seeing the GOP has over 50 million in cash and the DNC is flat broke.
If the Dems are stupid enough to run on abolishing ICE like a reverse Rick Perry. Plus they keep foaming at the mouth and screaming Russia while at the same time having party dinosaurs write op-ed's against outsider candidates they have no chance against the well tuned conservative Super PAC machine. 

Not to mention there's Trump, who goes into beast mode during campaign season. He will sucker up all the press and media attention for starters.

What the Dems need more than anything is a charismatic leader with a clear message that does not include the words Russia or Trump.
Oh and to tell Clinton to go take a long walk in the woods and avoid any and all cameras.

Lot of spin in that fundraising number.
In q2 2014, democratic candidates raised $32 million. In Q2 2017, $150 million for a record number of Democratic opponents outraising their GOP opponents. Hard to say with certainty they will win the house (and especially the Senate) because 1) gerrymandering 2) there’s not much district level polling in election years, and mos tod it isn’t very good. 3) Senate map sucks.

But the democratic candidate is in a dead heat with the GOP incumbent senator in TX,which should lead people to think it’s. Or goin to be a good year for the GOP.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2018, 10:36:44 AM »
Looking forward to seeing democrats lose tbh.

Going back and forth between voting Cruz and leaving it blank. Leaning on a blank.

It's good to see that you've grown and become a more reasonable and mature person
yar

Himu

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2018, 10:42:09 AM »
Thanks. I’ve decided on a blank. Ted will win so I don’t have to sacrifice my honor and dignity for that fuck. I also don’t have to vote for someone like Beto. I told Beto’s campaign to rescind their awful anti-Texas gun positions or they will have no vote from me but they won’t stop and they’re riding that train off a cliff. Win win for my principles. I’ll vote on the rest of ballot.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 10:51:53 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2018, 10:47:05 AM »
I didn't vote in the last election, but I'm definitely voting Trump's ass out in this election.

By not voting in the last election, you literally voted for Trump, you fuggin nazi frick

Well, hopefully they learned their lesson and won't schedule the elections around any important media property releases this time. :maf
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2018, 11:16:29 AM »

By not voting in the last election, you literally voted for Trump, you fuggin nazi frick

Well, hopefully they learned their lesson and won't schedule the elections around any important media property releases this time. :maf

All we need is a fake Nintendo Direct rumor to take hold before election day and fuckery will win.

*Democrats crushed - Blue wave shattered*
🤴

Nola

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2018, 11:18:04 AM »
When you're so emotionally invested in guns that issues around healthcare, civil rights, and erosions to our democratic-republic becomes irrelevant if the person/party has the audacity to signal a willingness to close the private sale loophole and take a few novelty guns out of public circulation.

Himu

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2018, 11:45:50 AM »
When you're so emotionally invested in guns that issues around healthcare, civil rights, and erosions to our democratic-republic becomes irrelevant if the person/party has the audacity to signal a willingness to close the private sale loophole and take a few novelty guns out of public circulation.

To me guns are civil rights and also a human right though, which you don't seem to understand. And Beto wants to ban "assault rifles", so definitely not anything novelty. I find the Democratic answer for their reasons for assault rifle gun bans wanting, so I won't be voting for Beto, especially in a time of such social division.

I mean, you admit yourself here,"erosions to our democratic-republic" which is precisely why someone should not support any gun ban. It's like you can't put two and two together. I don't want any gun ban *because* of the erosion in our democracy.
IYKYK

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2018, 12:44:46 PM »
They are only talking about banning the only weapon to be used in every mass shooting this decade. Not all guns.
©ZH

Nola

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2018, 01:09:40 PM »

To me guns are civil rights and also a human right though, which you don't seem to understand. And Beto wants to ban "assault rifles", so definitely not anything novelty. I find the Democratic answer for their reasons for assault rifle gun bans wanting, so I won't be voting for Beto, especially in a time of such social division.

I mean, you admit yourself here,"erosions to our democratic-republic" which is precisely why someone should not support any gun ban. It's like you can't put two and two together. I don't want any gun ban *because* of the erosion in our democracy.

Ah yes, I need my guns more than ever because I am going to continue to stand aside while the party I confer that benefit to tears our democracy and civic rights down further and further. Interesting logic lol

Honestly though, I respect you as a person Cindi, but even my patience left me some time ago trying to reason with you on American gun politics and how you clearly let that drive you around in the rest of your politics. I don't know what it is about a large swath of gun enthusiasts, but it seems once they get hooked on that endorphin rush, facts, logic, and a rational balancing of political equities just exits the topic equation forever.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2018, 01:23:21 PM »
You see Nola, the right to semi-automatic and automatic weapons that can fire better than a round a second was enshrined in the Constitution at a time when inaccurate muskets could fire roughly once every two minutes by our founding fathers, who were all morally above reproach. It's not like the Constitution can just be changed all willy-nilly! That's why women still can't vote and black people are property.

I mean, GOOD GRIEF, I bet next you're going to tell me that you're against free access to 3d gun printing! FUCKING CUCK college intellectual, LOL.
yar

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2018, 01:24:12 PM »
I never understood gun politics in America (especially the part beyond: handgun for self defense) but when you elect Cheney and Trump.....

Yup, I can see why you feel the need to own machine guns somewhere down the line to defend yourself.
🤴

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2018, 01:52:16 PM »
If young people show up and vote (haha) then crazy shit will happen, if they don't then it will be relatively the same (except for a few big names going down).

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2018, 02:00:32 PM »
I don't want any gun ban *because* of the erosion in our democracy.

What kind of guns do you recommend for reinstating the VRA? I'm new at this.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2018, 02:14:03 PM »

Just wait for the latest shooting spree (shouldn't take more than a week) and then rush out and buy that one. Bonus freedoms if you own the libs for not knowing the difference between various AR-15 style rifles.
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2018, 06:05:13 PM »
RCP Averages:

NV: Rosen +0.6
AZ: Sinema +7.0
TN: Bredesen +4.5

I also highly doubt Rosen is in as much danger as her RCP average suggests.

It's just barely August, Jack. Let's not start sucking each other's dicks just yet. Also:

https://realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/senate/fl/florida_senate_scott_vs_nelson-6246.html
yar

Himu

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2018, 06:56:57 PM »

Ah yes, I need my guns more than ever because I am going to continue to stand aside while the party I confer that benefit to tears our democracy and civic rights down further and further. Interesting logic lol

Honestly though, I respect you as a person Cindi, but even my patience left me some time ago trying to reason with you on American gun politics and how you clearly let that drive you around in the rest of your politics. I don't know what it is about a large swath of gun enthusiasts, but it seems once they get hooked on that endorphin rush, facts, logic, and a rational balancing of political equities just exits the topic equation forever.

Democrats have also warped our democracy. Assaulting Trump supporters, stealing kids MAGA hats, blocking White House staff aides from eating at their restraunt and then later following and harassing their family when they go to a different restaurant, US congresswoman calling for US citizens to harass political enemies. These are democrats.

In no way am I pardoning Republican either. They don’t want to come to the table or admit they’ve contributed to the current divide as much as democrats (protests that have Obama being lynched for instance).

You are blind if you think any one party is wholly responsible for a breach in our democratic process.

And what I’m referring to is a looming threat of civil war. When politicians demand political enemies be harassed civility has gone completely out of the window. If foreign powers have meddled with US elections talking about gun bans is one of the most illogical things you could do. Democrats say a second civil war won’t happen. Just like how they said Hillary would win by a landslide or that Russia wasn’t a threat. And that’s why I refuse to vote for any Democrat that supports any kind of gun ban. They can get fucked. If a civil war happens I want to be armed.

As for logic, democrats are hardly logical about the issue and do not use anything in the way of facts.
:
Like so:

They are only talking about banning the only weapon to be used in every mass shooting this decade. Not all guns.

Every?

Democrats have no facts in regards to the issue and they know it, which is why they use emotion and false information rather than facts.

As for why there’s a change in thought it’s all about mindset. You clearly have a greater capacity than me to believe in humanity. I think humanity is broken and inherently sinful. Nothing will ever fix humanity. We will get better as time goes on but man will remain man, and inherently sinful. Therefore I am of the mind that we should be prepared at all times to face against mans greatest threat: man. It’s a cynical worldview. You on the other hand are an idealist.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 07:45:14 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2018, 07:15:18 PM »
Facts and logic:

According to the CDC and the FBI of the 36,252 gun deaths in 2015, 22,018 were suicides, and 9,616 were homicides. The FBI says there were 252 people murdered with rifles - of which the AR-15 constitutes - that year, compared to 6,447 for handguns. The AR-15 and rifles like it are the most popular gun in America with the number of them sold wavering between 5-7 million. And yet, again to reiterate, in 2015 only 252 people were murdered with a rifle, creating a sharp disparity in numbers suggesting that most gun owners use them responsibly. According to the same data, knives and blunt objects are used in more murders than rifles. According to a Washington Post article released the other month, there is a likelihood of 1 in 614 million chance of a school shooting. You’re more likely to win a lottery jackpot or struck by lightning. They actually posit that school shootings are lowering despite the sharp increase in gun ownership year over year. Given these numbers, why the focus on rifles specifically and school shootings in particular?

Politicians who attended Yale and Harvard know all of this. They can read pubicly available data. Why assault rifles despite the fact that numbers for rifle deaths are a blip? Because they can’t ban handguns (which are the real problem with gun crime in America and mostly at the hand of gangs, many of which are illegal). Most Americans oppose handgun bans because they see them as practical for self defense. Democrats then use this misinformation to cajole voters into being against a type of gun that barely kills anyone. Either they know this and are incompetent thereby making them not deserving of a vote or they know it and are manipulating the public into trying to ban something they know will have little effect on actual gun crime.

Does this make politicians trustworthy? No.
Will they disarm police? No.
In a country where police have been ruled as not obligated to protect you.
In a country we divided as America.
Will they give up their bodyguards? No.
Does any of this make them trustworthy and have actual solutions?

Want me take to you seriously on ending gun crime? Talk about ending the drug war.

Sources:
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2015/crime-in-the-u.s.-2015/tables/expanded_homicide_data_table_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2011-2015.xls
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/injury.htm
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/suicide.htm
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/school-shootings-are-extraordinarily-rare-why-is-fear-of-them-driving-policy/2018/03/08/f4ead9f2-2247-11e8-94da-ebf9d112159c_story.html?utm_term=.af2da7fe8afa

Democrats: please vote for me despite misleading the public  :six:

Me:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 07:19:28 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2018, 07:29:55 PM »
The heads of America's intelligence agencies made it clear today that these elections will be tampered with, so we can close the thread now and be glad there's no need to get out and vote :rejoice

If it will save us from more of Cindi's horeshit, yes
yar

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2018, 07:45:35 PM »
Getting to vote yes on Prop 10. :rejoice

Having to watch the stranglehold of Prop 13 be solidified further with the passage of Prop 5. :goty

Basking in the glory of Prop 8 even being on the ballot. :gladbron

Watching the Democratic Party shank a 5 yard field goal at the national level. :fbm

Himu

« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2018, 07:46:22 PM »
Can’t wait for Democrats to blame entirely republicans for the meddling even when the same reports say that both political sides were meddle with :rejoice

Fuckery and hanging my head against a wall :rejoice

Avoiding responsibility, a democratic American tradition :rejoice
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 07:50:23 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2018, 07:49:47 PM »
I feel the disinterested observer schtick doesn't jibe that well with arming yourself for a fictional civil war.

agrajag

« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2018, 07:50:21 PM »
Not reading Cindi's nonsense  :rejoice

Himu

« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2018, 07:56:10 PM »
I feel the disinterested observer schtick doesn't jibe that well with arming yourself for a fictional civil war.

Not when you’re black :rejoice
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2018, 07:58:13 PM »
nah

Himu

« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2018, 08:02:54 PM »
nah

I’m not enough of a ideological purist that they want to be on either fence. I would be considered a fascist enabler (already have been) by the left and disagree with conservatives that blacks people are just lazy so :yeshrug I’d likely be an enemy to both.

Where’s my Dominion of Fezzan?
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2018, 08:15:40 PM »

Love this GOP attack ad

Hope they run an ad mentioning illegals voting in California.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2018, 08:18:36 PM »

Love this GOP attack ad

Hope they run an ad mentioning illegals voting in California.

Look at all that white fragility.  :delicious
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2018, 08:34:00 PM »
Democrats should fire back with an ad that shows every bit of racist rhetoric aimed at obama and end it with “these people are in charge.”

America: it’s only ever the “other sides” fault. :rejoice
IYKYK

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2018, 08:44:50 PM »

It's the one that comes with the swing vote on the Supreme Court in the box. I think the Manufacturer is Article II or something like that, I'm not a gun enthusiast though so I dunno for sure.