Author Topic: What did you finish? 2018 Edition  (Read 14645 times)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Re: What did you finish? 2018 Edition
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2018, 10:43:29 PM »
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - Took 5 hours to blow through, but was a pretty fun arcade take on the Tomb Raider gun-play. Don't really have much to say in regards to this, because... yeah... it's a short title that was OBVIOUSLY built for co-op, but the game is long dead for that so... :doge

kingv

« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2018, 02:21:36 PM »
God of war... I think that makes 2 games for me this year. Though I’m close on fire emblem fates as well.

thisismyusername

« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2018, 09:18:45 PM »
Rage - People weren't kidding about the last half sucking. :lol A lot of the quests pretty much sucked. And the main story's "big villain" isn't even there for like 80% of the game. Then there's no final-boss, just hoard-mode style of a last battle to activate... Arks... for Rage 2 to possibly hook into.

As the last Carmack iD title: It's massively disappointing for me. But engine wise? The mega-textures idea was interesting. That's about it.

Hopefully Rage 2 improves the car shit, because with how often you're in the cars, that's weak IMO. But iD is a shooter company first, so their crack at it sucking is to be expected.

Svejk

« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2018, 01:50:04 PM »
Finally finished GoW.  Haven't decided on going for the Platty or not...  need a break from it.  Overall, I enjoyed it.

Planning on popping that cherry with Yakuza 0 next week.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2018, 10:24:36 PM »
So far, it's been a slow year. But both Xenoblade 2 (~130h) and Trails of Cold Steel (~100h) were super long.

Sonic Mania
Xenoblade 2
Metroid: Samus Returns
Chuchel
Trails of Cold Steel
Lucienne's Quest
^_^

Tasty

« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2018, 11:25:47 PM »
Sonic Mania (Apr 16)
Xeodrifter (May 28)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2018, 11:49:33 AM »
Vita:

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

PS4:

God of War

Xbox One:

Far Cry 5
Lara Croft: Guardian of Light (BC)
fat

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2018, 04:51:30 AM »
PC:

Hotline Miami 2
High Hell
Max Payne

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2018, 06:14:46 AM »
Add Max Payne 2 to the list. Wow, nearly everything is improved upon in the sequel, the tech especially feels like a huge leap forward and the games are only two years apart.

Short but sweet, doesn't overstay its welcome. Presentation is much better than the first, you can tell they're no longer using coworkers as in-game models or as stand ins for the comics.

First game felt a little goofy, partly b/c of that and certainly feels more dated overall, but I liked how the sequel still maintains a similar sense of humor.

Appreciated how easy it was jumping into b/c it plays and controls so similarly to the first. Looks great and works well with a widescreen patch.

Mona Sax :whew :tocry

Vinnie as BaseBallBat-Boy :neogaf

Trusting Vlad :putin

Brushing off gunshots to the head :badass

Perfect sequel? Feels like it. I know Max Payne 3 will feel different, hopefully it's good in its own right.

paprikastaude

« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2018, 06:23:48 AM »
May:
Ape Escape 2 - I liked its audiovisuals and mission structure, capturing apes feels gut. But the controls are wonky, mostly because of completely unintuitive button placement, not being able to change the inverted camera, etc.

Donkey Kong Country - replayed, thankfully I found the shortcut in the snow barrel stage in this playthrough.

Super Mario World - replayed. I like how every playthrough can be different because of its secrets, even though I still went for everything in the end.

Pacman 256 - I unlocked everything, so I guess that counts as finished. It's a fun iteration of Pacman, which is about going forward in an endless maze and upgrading powerups.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2018, 03:47:47 PM »
Those games rely on multiple play-throughs to stretch the content, Diablo-style. I believe the gear continues to scale and I don't think you can even get some of the best abilities for your characters with a single playthrough. Not that it changes much about how you play.

Tasty

« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2018, 12:07:22 AM »
Sonic Mania (Apr 16)
Xeodrifter (May 28)

Mutant Mudds Deluxe (Jun 6)

Vit-Symty

« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2018, 02:38:07 PM »
OK. Finished TwinBee RPG. Took me under 9 hours to complete (little over 6 hours to reach the final chapter). I think this is the shortest turn-based RPG I've played. Don't know why Konami even bothered.

+ Battles happen on field like CT/BoF III, zero transitions. Enemies wander around on field, too (not much of a plus point for me personally).
+ Battles are somewhat quick (not Suikoden quick, mind). You can also use auto attacks to help speed battles up.
+ Tamawari is the composer*.
+ Clouds (when you see can them) move. Rad.
+ You can use a blender to make items on the fly (using fruits you earn in battle).

The battle system is really basic. It has an ATB like system (real time but pauses when using the menu to use items/actions). You can combine attacks. You know the rest. Not terrible, just your standard fair.

Each character has one field action, think tools in Wild ARMs. Except they're used for really unoriginal shit like using Twinbee's hammer to hit a switch zzzZZZ.

You can plant and grow stuff too but I never really care to try.

- Unsurprisingly, the game is easy. Maybe a little too easy. The game was made for younger players in mind obviously, but still. Guardian's Crusade did it better.
- The camera, it's... it just sucks.
- Graphics don't really bother me but I must say the featureless monsters in the game are pretty lame.
- *Lackluster soundtrack. This is what disappointed me the most. I gave the OST a listen long before I played the game but it didn't do much for me. I went in hoping the music would click context-wise but nope, it did not. The shmups had great music. Shame.
- Nothing much to do outside of the main storyline.

One nagging thing that stood out was this decrepit house near the beach. The house has its own unique music that plays nowhere else. And guess what? Nothing happens in there. Empty rooms except for the one that contained an item. The room on the second floor is fit for a boss fight. I'm pretty sure it's where you were meant to fight the boss of the area but for some reason the developers made you fight it on the beach. Rushed content maybe.

In the end the game is slightly below average. Unremarkable but not abysmal.

BONUS:
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
Also early Suiko:
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Konami PSX RPG rank:
Top tier: Suikoden I & II, Vandal Hearts I & II
Mid: Azure Dreams, Elder Gate (this is what I'm writing about but don't know where to post it when done, it won't be on Resetera)
^v TwinBee RPG
Bottom: Magical Medical (looks like visual diarrhea)
Never played/will never play: Paro Wars

Other games I tried playing this past week.
FFXIV: I'm still not liking Stormblood's content very much. [back on hiatus]

PSO2: logged in, heard Vamos a Carnaval playing in the lobby, promptly noped the fuck out.

Don't know what to play next.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2018, 03:42:04 PM »
^
That's a really awesome writeup! I watched my friend play a bit of Twinbee RPG, and it looked... quaint. Definitely a bit more for the kids, and unfortunately lacking the amazing visuals and music the core Twinbee series is known for. If it's short and can be played through without too much Japanese knowledge, maybe I'll give it a run.

Interested in hearing your opinions about Elder Gate, and any other obscure Japan-only RPG.
^_^

Vit-Symty

« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2018, 05:04:13 PM »
^
That's a really awesome writeup! I watched my friend play a bit of Twinbee RPG, and it looked... quaint. Definitely a bit more for the kids, and unfortunately lacking the amazing visuals and music the core Twinbee series is known for. If it's short and can be played through without too much Japanese knowledge, maybe I'll give it a run.

You should be able to go through the whole game without any issue, it's fairly linear. I'd say give it a go if you're curious. 12 hours max if you feel the need to level grind or something.  You may even like it, there are some out there who do!

Interested in hearing your opinions about Elder Gate, and any other obscure Japan-only RPG.

As for Elder Gate: I was left feeling quite conflicted, that's why I'm slow to write something up about it. It's like, on one hand, I accept it's not a great game (art makes the game seem more interesting than it really is) but on the other, I spent 90 hours playing it and not once did I get sick of it. Note: it's around 30-35 hours long. I'll have something up at some point.

In the meantime, here's some artwork from the game I uploaded. Quality isn't great but you won't find them anywhere else (warning: contains two images of the final boss). https://imgur.com/a/zcBLeJD Taguchi's art was wasted on this game. :(

I wanted to post here about other RPGs I played, like Khamrai and Ecsaform in 2014, but since I'm not really much of a forum poster, I ended up not doing so. I don't play often either but I have a deep love for 32bit era games.

All I'll say about Khamrai is... it was one of the most infuriating RPGs I've ever played. I had to force myself to finish it. On the surface it looks like a pretty cool RPG, but trust me, it isn't. And the music, man, it has a handful of okay tracks but of rest of it is extremely poor. World map track in particular. Jesus. (I don't think the game was developed by Namco themselves)

Ecsaform... wasted potential. Cool art and setting, supposedly plays a little bit like Energy Breaker (can't confirm, never played EB but should have). It ended up being really dull and braindead. Short, too (I clocked around 12 hours+).

I played Lucienne's Quest in Feb last year (surprised to see you play it not long ago). And Grand Chef after it (lol). But don't play that, it's barely an RPG. I was drawn in by the music but it wasn't worth it in the end. As you can tell by now, I have a bad habit of playing really average/bad RPGs.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2018, 07:47:10 PM »
Tomb Raider: Underworld - I've had this one sitting for like 3-4 years after finishing Legend and Anniversary back to back. :doge I don't like it's conclusion of the "trilogy" and really, given that Anniversary was basically a 1:1 of the original Tomb Raider, bringing back the big bad for another diabolical plot was dumb.

I got the Lara Croft and... series to do next before starting the Re-Reboot series. :doge

Underworld was actually the last TR I played, and I really dug it. A nice bridge between the clunkiness of the originals and the overly Uncharted-looking reboots.

Yeah, TR: Legend was pretty great too.

Tasty

« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2018, 08:52:33 PM »
I always meant to play that "trilogy" (Anniversary, Legend, Underworld.)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2018, 10:44:23 AM »
Add Max Payne 2 to the list. Wow, nearly everything is improved upon in the sequel, the tech especially feels like a huge leap forward and the games are only two years apart.

Short but sweet, doesn't overstay its welcome. Presentation is much better than the first, you can tell they're no longer using coworkers as in-game models or as stand ins for the comics.

First game felt a little goofy, partly b/c of that and certainly feels more dated overall, but I liked how the sequel still maintains a similar sense of humor.

Appreciated how easy it was jumping into b/c it plays and controls so similarly to the first. Looks great and works well with a widescreen patch.

Mona Sax :whew :tocry

Vinnie as BaseBallBat-Boy :neogaf

Trusting Vlad :putin

Brushing off gunshots to the head :badass

Perfect sequel? Feels like it. I know Max Payne 3 will feel different, hopefully it's good in its own right.

Oh, it dawned on me that HAPPY! on Netflix is basically Max Payne Meets My Little Pony.

It works.

Tasty

« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2018, 12:34:29 AM »
Sonic Mania (Apr 16)
Xeodrifter (May 28)

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge (Jun 12)

Been on a retro platformer tear and it's not gonna stop soon, lol. Next two games are Bloodstained and finally finishing Shovel Knight.

thisismyusername

« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2018, 10:23:12 PM »
Life is Strange: Before the Storm (with the bonus episode). It was alright, but I don't think we really needed a "prequel." :doge

Tasty

« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2018, 02:23:04 PM »
Sonic Mania (Apr 16)
Xeodrifter (May 28)
Mutant Mudds Super Challenge (Jun 12)

Pokémon Moon (Jun 23)

Gonna tackle Alpha Sapphire next. Then, onto Ultra Moon and I should be caught up in time for Let's Go Eevee.

thisismyusername

« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2018, 06:45:23 PM »
Dead Island - I've got Riptide to go through before even worrying about Dying Light (or Escape from Dead Island I guess...) but man the quest design in this was shit. Nothing but fetch quests nearly. :doge

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2018, 08:40:43 AM »
Switch:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Vita:

Lost Dimension
Mutant Mudds Super Challenge
Volume
Lumines: Electronic Symphony

PS4:

Ni No Kuni 2

Xbox One:

Sega Genesis Classics
fat

bdoughty

« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2018, 09:05:00 AM »
Unraveled 2.  A good game for the price and the additional Yarny makes for some interesting puzzles (on the bonus levels) but most regular puzzles are far too easy and repetitive. The bonus content is basically a few harder puzzles mixed in with some brutal super meat boy type platforming and swing puzzles.  Introducing a new mechanic on the final level was a terrible idea on a final level that was pretty terrible to begin with.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2018, 09:05:47 AM »
So its not as good as the first? Does it have any feels?
fat

bdoughty

« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2018, 09:26:43 AM »
As good as the original due to the bonus content.  The two Yarny's do have a story of helping a couple kids running away from something bad.  Less feels than the original and the novelty wore off a bit of the yarn hopping around in these beautiful areas. I played it single player with few issues, as switching between the two worked well. Coop seems like it would be fun but also frustrating if you are playing with someone that is a novice to platforming.

If you liked the first, it is a no-brainer purchase.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2018, 10:36:54 AM »
It took me about 60 in-game hours to finish and I took my time doing quests.

If you want 100% you will be grinding/farming quite a bit afterward since you have to max out your kingdom, do skirmishes, hunt for items, etc to do all the side quests.

The game is quite easy by default, but one of the updates introduced harder difficulties if you choose to do so. I prefer the first game (NNK2 has absolutely nothing to do with NNK1 aside from a segment that references the first game)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 10:42:30 AM by demi »
fat

paprikastaude

« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2018, 11:06:50 AM »
June:

Super Mario RPG - Well paced, written and the gameplay is more fun than several of the more modern Mario RPGs. It's got a really bad art direction though, and I'm usually fond of prerendered graphics.

Demon's Crest - I think this has some of the best SNES spritework I've seen. It's also a fun enough action platformer, but I don't like the IGA-esque progression - i.e. lock away the real ending and a bunch of levels with no indication of such during the fake credits.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Moon - Competent Castlevania clone, there's not much else to say. It's exactly what it looks like.

Lara Croft GO - Very good puzzle design with a competent difficulty curve and natural introduction of new mechanics. Also, the atmosphere is pretty cool for a puzzle game and I'm glad I didn't play it on a phone, on which I probably wouldn't have played with sound.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Replayed, this was not as good as I remember. The graphics are as hideous as I remember though and the main gimmicks (lending items and wall walking) are throwaway in hindsight. What stands out are the good dungeons and music, but the pacing and exploration is somehow so much better in ALttP (of which I usually wasn't too fond of in the past, until I've also replayed that one).

Tasty

« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2018, 11:21:17 AM »
I'm really hoping they up-port ALBW or something to Switch cause I know that if they don't I'll reluctantly grab the 3DS version.

But I'm waiting until they announce the 3DS eShop shutting down before I do. As the Bore's biggest ALttP stan I feel obligated.

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2018, 02:12:55 PM »
I've finished Get Even, Outlast 2, Distraint, Resident Evil 7, Dad Of War, Blood Knights, Hunter: The Reckoning, DooM.

Only played Blood Knights because I subscribed to PSNow for a month, which has tons of bad/mediocre games. Still it was...ok enough and short enough to beat.
reckt

Tasty

« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2018, 03:23:32 PM »
Geteven?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2018, 03:24:44 PM »
Getrichevan
©@©™

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2018, 10:16:28 AM »
Closed off my relationship with Just Cause 2. It's a good game with too many damned Settlements. I'm happy with how much of it I played, but at 63 hours, it says I'm at 45% and that's crazy. Do people really need to bust up that many settlements?

thisismyusername

« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2018, 03:28:28 PM »
Dead Island - I've got Riptide to go through before even worrying about Dying Light (or Escape from Dead Island I guess...) but man the quest design in this was shit. Nothing but fetch quests nearly. :doge

Dead Island: Riptide. Less fetch quests, but still annoying combat. At least they give you guns and some ammo earlier than the base game. Not sure if it really needed a sequel (and the ending is CLEARLY sequel bait).

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: July 06, 2018, 03:48:47 PM »
Dying Light is considerably better than Dead Island.
dog

kingv

« Reply #95 on: July 06, 2018, 09:35:52 PM »
9) Nioh :bow

I guess I'll switch to Shadowrun (SNES) now.

Have you played any of the Shadowrun games, Borys? The first [Returns] is just okay, but Dragonfall and Hong Kong are really good.

Dragonfall is amazing. What a great RPG. I really like that it tells a good story and isn’t particularly long. 20-30 hours tops. I haven’t played Hong Kong yet.

I beat The Sexy Brutale on Switch and it’s a good adventure game.

It’s not particularly challenging, and can probably be best unaided in 5 or 6 hours at most. The story is fairly interesting but not nearly as heart wrenching and amazing as twitter fans of the game will make you think. The mystery is pretty interesting up until the reveal.

I also beat it on Switch and think the complaints about the performance are really exaggerated. Either it was worse at launch, people are being silly about it, or both. The performance is not great, and there are like 5-10 rooms where the frame rate is clearly off. It seems to be when there are lots of translucency, reflective surfaces, and special lighting effects. It’s not really a twitch game and each room is typically in a fixed perspective, so it seldom matters. The only way I could tell in some seasons was the walking animation of the main character would kind of lurch a bit as it skipped frames, but it never really impacted the game much.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2018, 12:30:26 PM »
You're just a royal fuck up lately
fat

bdoughty

« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2018, 12:42:28 PM »
Dying Light is considerably better than Dead Island.

Agree but I enjoyed Dead Island for the most part. Glad to hear the sequel is still in the works at Deep Silver but it has been 4 years since they announced it at E3.

thisismyusername

« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2018, 08:04:10 PM »
Gunpoint - Pretty short indie. Like 4 hours max to finish it if you're "thoughtful"/planning and wiring things. Probably even faster if you just go totally lethal and balls to the wall. Really enjoyed it.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2018, 04:55:40 AM »
Gunpoint - Pretty short indie. Like 4 hours max to finish it if you're "thoughtful"/planning and wiring things. Probably even faster if you just go totally lethal and balls to the wall. Really enjoyed it.

the studios latest game, Heat Signature, is pretty solid too. kind of a combination of FTL and Hotline Miami. it's a little janky but really fun

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2018, 09:27:47 AM »
oh yeah been meaning to do mine since the year is half done
1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
2. Subnautica
3. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void
4. Pikmin
5. Orwell
6. Lara Croft GO
7. HIVESWAP: ACT 1
8. Hitman (2016)
9. High Hell
10. Destiny 2 + both xpacks
11. A Hat in Time

Bulleta©™®

• is probably playing some game
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2018, 06:03:58 AM »
I don't think I've finished anything new yet.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2018, 06:52:31 PM »
Finished Lego City Undercover (PS4) while home over the weekend. "Finished" — heh. I will probably go back now and then and clean up challenges. There's a school of thought which claims one is not "finished" with a Lego game until it's been hundred-percented, but I've got 98 of 450 Gold Bricks and played a whole bunch. Also, driving physics are kind of the assiest ass of any ass in an open-world game, so I will probably never do the race challenges.

[PROTOTYPE 2] will be here shortly. Game was a mere slip on the original. Fun enough, but dumbed down and simplified.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2018, 10:26:12 PM »
Dishonored 2 (1000GS)
fat

Fifstar

« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2018, 04:24:22 AM »
15) Fallout 4

Great game, shit story.

16) Deus Ex 2

I liked it more than Deus Ex 4.

*ducks*

How the fuck do you beat so many games?
Gulp

thisismyusername

« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2018, 06:08:19 AM »
Playing on easy. ;)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2018, 07:01:17 AM »
Not getting the true ending  ;)
fat

bdoughty

« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2018, 08:29:15 AM »
Far Cry 5: Duck Dynasty goes to Mars DLC.  A not so solid 4/10. 10 hours to finish, maybe a bit more if you search out all the notes.

If you do not like Hurk, just avoid it. I like the crass humor so it suited me fine and was one of the few enjoyable parts of the game. You play as Jase Robinson from Duck Dynasty Nick Rye, the guy with the plane who spends most of the game throwing out sarcastic quips and whining at everything Larry the Cable Guy Hurk says.  Story, it is there, the almost ending twist is predictable, the final ending twist was pretty good. A decapitated Hurk beams you up to Mars to help him and his "AI love" to save the world. His decapitated robot head "Brobot" joins you throughout, minus a couple areas but is always there to tell a joke and shoot an insect or two. Like all "Guns for hire" he will need to be revived during battle to keep fighting but as he is the only "Gun for hire" will always recover after a fight and you will not be able to rid yourself of him.

Towers (x)  They are back and purely based on the jetpack/gravity belt. All are easy and little effort was made by the developers here. I like towers myself but this was half-assed.
Space Guns (x)  Expect to press the button that allows you to swap between weapons a lot due to the limitations of how long the charge is (think PS4 controller efficiency). Basic fare here where they substitute bullets for a laser, with a times charge down and recharge delay. Power Gloves for the melee players.
Enemies (x) Insects, Crab things, Flying bird things with a couple harder variation of these things and 15 boss spiders. probably the second best part of the game as when you get more than one at a time it can be challenging as they can poison you and take away all your weapon charge or ability to use the jet pack for a short period of time. Spamming them with grenades and they pose less of a challenge. Hurk also has a different song/story for each battle. You are given two new tools to help with the fight, invincibility cloak and cock block which prevents damage for a small period of time.
Hallucinogenic levels (x)  Got like 5 or 6 of those bad boys. Each a little different and not as wacky as previous titles but all tie into the base game. 
Tremors based world (x)  There are rocky areas, bases/towers and soft sand. Stand in the soft sand and the insects will pop out. They are also just hanging around places you need to go, so avoiding the sand will still require numerous insects to be killed.
Side quests (x) Reading Notes and searching from Hurks body parts.
Clutch Nixon (x) Six of them. Tried two, beat one, hate them just as I did in the main game. It is the body suit through rings of starting over and over and talking too long to get to the start over.

The really shitty parts are the best guns are end game items that get little use as you are trying to wrap it all up, since there is little to do after beating all the areas. They give you a gravity belt and jet packs then shove the latter up your ass for about 1/8th of the map as there is interference and you can not use them.  Forcing you to the ground and forced to change the tactics you will use the rest of the game. It could have been a good idea but it was just a hindrance moving around that part of the map. They give you a better charge/recharge for the weapons near the end which I would have loved to have at the beginning (Think Switch Pro controller efficiency). You spend most of your time fighting from the air and the novelty wears off pretty quickly, just as it did on the last Borderlands game. It's almost essential to fight in the air for most of the game to avoid the melee attacks. In the air you can dodge projectiles and avoid the melee so it is kinda necessary. Even with only the gravity belt and no jetpack you have enough height to maneuver in the air around enemies. Ground bad, air good. Fortunately you do not have to worry about collecting oxygen.

Wrote more than the DLC deserved. They better knock it out of the park with the zombie DLC as the first two have been duds.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2018, 12:35:21 AM »
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (Vita - Platinum)
fat

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2018, 12:50:00 AM »
15) Fallout 4

Great game, shit story.

16) Deus Ex 2

*ducks*

Deus Ex 2 was 12 hours long... 4 hours on the same day I've finished Fallout 4 and 8 hours on the next day... but anyway very good question!

Answer: at the cost of my own life. I am rushing to reach 200 games, though.

That being said:

17) Breath of Fire 2 (SNES)

Now onto my 200th RPG!

Is your polish bae real traditional? I used to play a lot more games when i had an older girlfriend that worked from home and did all the washing and cooking lmao. Now i work full time and my partner works full time (software engineer x lawyer), we have more money, go out and travel more (use to be poor and a homebody) and put simply - i don't have time for this shit  :'(
◕‿◕

Fifstar

« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2018, 04:34:59 AM »
15) Fallout 4

Great game, shit story.

16) Deus Ex 2

*ducks*

Deus Ex 2 was 12 hours long... 4 hours on the same day I've finished Fallout 4 and 8 hours on the next day... but anyway very good question!

Answer: at the cost of my own life. I am rushing to reach 200 games, though.

That being said:

17) Breath of Fire 2 (SNES)

Now onto my 200th RPG!

Is your polish bae real traditional? I used to play a lot more games when i had an older girlfriend that worked from home and did all the washing and cooking lmao. Now i work full time and my partner works full time (software engineer x lawyer), we have more money, go out and travel more (use to be poor and a homebody) and put simply - i don't have time for this shit  :'(

Yeah, that was my line of thinking. I don't even work/travel a lot, but between my normal job and having a baby girl, I'm lucky if I get 5-10 solid hours a week.

I could barely play that much if I was was single and and jobless...
Gulp

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2018, 10:13:20 AM »
 Don't you think 250 is a nicer number?

:P

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2018, 12:42:13 PM »
Better yet, 256.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2018, 11:06:22 AM »
Finished Lego City Undercover (PS4) while home over the weekend. "Finished" — heh. I will probably go back now and then and clean up challenges. There's a school of thought which claims one is not "finished" with a Lego game until it's been hundred-percented, but I've got 98 of 450 Gold Bricks and played a whole bunch. Also, driving physics are kind of the assiest ass of any ass in an open-world game, so I will probably never do the race challenges.

[PROTOTYPE 2] will be here shortly. Game was a mere slip on the original. Fun enough, but dumbed down and simplified.

[PROTOTYPE 2] is now 1000/1000, and the 44th completed game in my library.

IIRC I am not credited for games which I completed but later released DLC which I didn't buy. That bothers me. PSN Trophies, probably the ONLY thing I like about them is that they have separate categories for Platinum, so the core came has a completion, and each DLC has its own as well. So I've finished the shit out of GTA V, but didn't continue to play GTA Online as it updated, so my 1000/1000 completion is not listed.

paprikastaude

« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2018, 01:48:38 PM »
July:

Way of the Samurai 3 - Good music and illusion of freedom make this a cool samurai sandbox, but after a few endings and jank I had my fill.

Captain Toad 3DS - Cool collection of different pseudo-platforming stages based on Mario ideas and I guess perspective puzzles. The latter made it feel like something Nintendo would have done during the N64 era to highlight new 3D camera features. I guess that makes sense, considering the game comes from an era in which Nintendo tried their best to destroy their own 3D innovations from back in the day and claim people didn't understand 3D gaming until Spatoon  :doge

Sonic Mania - A perfect imagination of what a real/good Sonic game on Saturn would have been. Great. (So the marketing with the Genesis/Megadrive back cover is actually kinda dumb, not that it matters - the packaging is great too)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 01:53:26 PM by Spieler1 »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2018, 11:51:46 AM »
TORCHLIGHT - it was cute, I like its visuals, felt the story was bland, and playing on Normal was repetitious. In the end, it overstayed its welcome. I got 11 of 12 Achievements, because I can't face grinding for maximum Fame, when I did a ton of side missions but am only at fame level 20 of 33 after finishing the main quest. No, thanks.

It was FUN, now I'm DONE.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2018, 12:51:02 PM »
I had a brief stint with playing PS1 games on my Vita (which is totally amazing and better than sex)

- Tomba
- Tomba 2
- Echo Night
fat

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2018, 06:03:22 PM »
i beat all the resident evil 7 dlc and End of Zoe might be the best RE extra since tofu mode. you play as a big angry hillbilly who beats the shit out of zombies with his bare hands and wrestling moves. he eats crawdads to restore his health ffs. i love it.
pcp

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2018, 10:47:22 PM »
Beat the super secret ultra mega last final boss in Octopath Traveler tonight finally on my 3rd try. Game was a solid B, 8/10 kind of game. The haters are dumb.
yar

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2018, 02:26:05 PM »
Vita:

- Akiba's Trip (or Akiba Strip, w/e)

Xbox One:

- A Way Out (Brothers was better)
fat