Author Topic: RedLetterMedia Thread  (Read 224212 times)

Himu

Re: RedLetterMedia Thread
« Reply #480 on: September 11, 2018, 10:01:17 PM »
I had no idea what Galaxy was and I was skipping through, scrubbing through the vid hoping to find clips and was left confused. :lol didn’t see the thumbnail initially because if it’s RLM and Trek I click.
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #481 on: September 12, 2018, 01:11:08 AM »
I cant wait to watch this :rejoice

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #482 on: September 12, 2018, 09:17:53 AM »
Is this a stealth Nerd Crew episode?
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #483 on: September 12, 2018, 10:49:24 AM »
I had no idea what Galaxy was and I was skipping through, scrubbing through the vid hoping to find clips and was left confused. :lol didn’t see the thumbnail initially because if it’s RLM and Trek I click.

I figured it was a post-TNG book or something that was really good (Thrawn-tier or something) and he just wanted to geek out about it with Rich. :lol

Tasty

« Reply #484 on: September 12, 2018, 11:33:44 AM »

FUCK :dead

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #485 on: September 12, 2018, 11:34:01 AM »
This is why they pay Rich Evans the big bucks

Tasty

« Reply #486 on: September 17, 2018, 05:22:00 PM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Half in the Bag: The Predator and Mandy

Best of the Worst: Spotlight Episode

Psycho Series - re:View (possibly multiple eps)
[close]
[close]
[close]

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #487 on: September 18, 2018, 01:51:49 AM »
I need to get my ass to the cinema to see Predator asap

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #488 on: September 20, 2018, 08:54:11 AM »

:rejoice

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #489 on: September 20, 2018, 11:15:44 AM »
Completely disagree with their take on Mandy, they seem to take it somewhat seriously while I enjoyed it cause it was so terrible it made me laugh  :heh

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #490 on: September 22, 2018, 08:02:54 PM »
Disney CEO Bob Iger told The Hollywood Reporter that they did “too much, too fast,” and fans can expect “some slowdown” for the franchise.
You mean like you acted like hobo's winning the lottery Bob?  :rejoice

https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/20/17882574/disney-ceo-bob-iger-star-wars-franchise-slowdown?utm_campaign=theverge&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
🤴

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #491 on: September 22, 2018, 09:17:09 PM »
Disney CEO Bob Iger told The Hollywood Reporter that they did “too much, too fast,” and fans can expect “some slowdown” for the franchise.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/20/17882574/disney-ceo-bob-iger-star-wars-franchise-slowdown?utm_campaign=theverge&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

"But it hasn’t lived up to expectations. The Last Jedi outdid Rogue One, but it didn’t match The Force Awakens’ box office turnout, and while Solo certainly set up the potential for follow-up films, it came in at just under $400 million at the global box office, which is by far the lowest-grossing live-action film of the entire franchise. (The pilot for The Clone Wars did a measly $68 million when it was dumped into theaters.)"

How crazy. I mean, yeah, a film a year is a bit much. I'm happy to have it, but I think their reasoning is off. SOLO made double its money back, at least, if it cost even $200M to make. That's a reasonable return, and it showcases Disney's greed if that's considered a failure. SOLO faltered because it was the blandest possible handling of a potentially interesting character.

Including the animated, low-budget, abridged Clone Wars theatrical release among that lot is just bad-on-bad reporting, like including one of the direct-to-video Disney sequel's errant theatrical showings among their tentpole release schedule.

Boredfrom

« Reply #492 on: September 22, 2018, 09:21:55 PM »

"But it hasn’t lived up to expectations. The Last Jedi outdid Rogue One, but it didn’t match The Force Awakens’ box office turnout, and while Solo certainly set up the potential for follow-up films, it came in at just under $400 million at the global box office, which is by far the lowest-grossing live-action film of the entire franchise. (The pilot for The Clone Wars did a measly $68 million when it was dumped into theaters.)"

How crazy. I mean, yeah, a film a year is a bit much. I'm happy to have it, but I think their reasoning is off. SOLO made double its money back, at least, if it cost even $200M to make. That's a reasonable return, and it showcases Disney's greed if that's considered a failure. SOLO faltered because it was the blandest possible handling of a potentially interesting character.

Including the animated, low-budget, abridged Clone Wars theatrical release among that lot is just bad-on-bad reporting, like including one of the direct-to-video Disney sequel's errant theatrical showings among their tentpole release schedule.

Disney being greedy surprised you?

:lol

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #493 on: September 22, 2018, 09:46:56 PM »

Not even a little bit. I'm saying they're being unrealistic.

Oblivion

« Reply #494 on: September 22, 2018, 09:52:31 PM »

To be fair, you have to look at the power of a license and gauge that with how much it made back. Solo, a movie based on arguably the most successful film property in history, doing double its budget is really not impressive. Especially when films like TLJ and TFA made 4-5 times their budget. And yes, I get that Solo is not one of the main line movies, so it's not going to do numbers like them, but still, I think a reasonable expectation might have been around 3x the budget, at least.

I have to say though, what really surprised me was TLJ doing worse than TFA. Completey ignoring the quality of either movie, from the buzz I heard, and it being a sequel, I thought TLJ easily surpassed TFA.

Boredfrom

« Reply #495 on: September 23, 2018, 12:05:26 AM »

Not even a little bit. I'm saying they're being unrealistic.

Seems that they are pretty okay with Marvel numbers...

Rahxephon91

« Reply #496 on: September 23, 2018, 12:09:34 AM »
Well I think it's also important that The Force Awakens was a way bigger deal and was a return of Star Wars. Sure Star Wars has had a consistent presence since the prequels ended, but it hadn't had a big event. That really gets people coming in to just check it out in theaters. My aunt who dosen't care about Star Wars went to see it because it was a big deal. She'll rent or never watch TLJ which is just the next Star Wars movie. Only it wasn't, Rogue One was and while you and me make a distinction between Rogue One, TFA, and TLJ. For a lot of casual viewers it's just another Star Wars movie. My mother came out of Rogue One saying it was good, but not as good as the last one because it did'nt have "that girl". That girl being Rey. My mom is'nt an idiot. She knew Rogue One was set in the past. She liked Solo and how the guy played a good young Han Solo, but these Star Wars movies are starting to blend together for her and probably a lot of other people. They are big movies to go see and have fun and then buy the toys for the kids. They were events and Disney kind of hurt that perception.

Marvel is'nt like that. The Avenger movies are events. The stand alone hero titles are just other installments. Some more popular then others, but I think every Marvel movie has the potential to go either way money wise if the product has something to it. Black Panther attracted a lot of attention because of it's note worthy subject matter. Ant Man did ok, but it was just another Marvel movie. The GOTG movies have been very funny comedies. Civil War seemed like an event. These movies also really live on word of mouth and thier marketing as much as they do the actual quality of the movie.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #497 on: September 24, 2018, 04:48:34 AM »
My impression is that one of the reasons Marvel is seen as successful is that Feige has brought in blockbuster movies on relatively modest budgets. The Marvel movies were somewhat renowned that they came in on-time and on-budget, so part of it is how trouble free the franchises have been brought into port. SOLO was not only an "underperformer" in the box office, it also had a troubled production schedule IIRC.

Tasty

« Reply #498 on: September 26, 2018, 11:36:31 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #499 on: September 26, 2018, 11:39:30 PM »

LMAO I was watching a previous BotW when the email notification came in. :lol

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #500 on: September 27, 2018, 12:58:04 AM »
homie's accent is incredible. straight outta Doahchestah

Tasty

« Reply #501 on: September 27, 2018, 01:04:14 AM »
Josh is fatter now but he's cleaned up. :leon

Tasty

« Reply #502 on: September 27, 2018, 01:05:50 AM »
The best part of most Spotlight eps is finding all these terrible 2000s movies that are just as bad as the 70s-80s schlock usually featured on the show.

The trash is literally endless :rejoice

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #503 on: September 27, 2018, 01:13:51 AM »
Josh is fatter now but he's cleaned up. :leon

:lol i had the exact same thought. "oh hey, josh cleaned up too! kinda"

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #504 on: September 27, 2018, 01:14:16 AM »
Cant wait to watch this later friends, looking forward to some savagery

Tasty

« Reply #505 on: September 27, 2018, 10:10:21 AM »
RLM is now verified on YouTube. Or they were before and I didn't notice.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #506 on: September 27, 2018, 11:12:48 AM »
Oh wow, what a treat for the senses. :lol
©@©™

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #507 on: September 27, 2018, 01:25:57 PM »
Unlike Ryan's Babe this movie wasn't entertaining enough to carry an episode for me, grew disinterested after 10 minutes, wish it was a wheel of the worst instead

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #508 on: October 03, 2018, 12:48:24 AM »

gotta clap for this

Tasty

« Reply #509 on: October 03, 2018, 11:36:55 AM »
The Psycho sequels are good? No one ever does talk bout them.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #510 on: October 03, 2018, 03:37:05 PM »
That shovel shot at the end.
rub

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #511 on: October 03, 2018, 03:46:38 PM »
I'm all for second chances, but who keeps "curing" Norman Bates and releasing him? Was he committed to Arkham Asylum?
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #512 on: October 03, 2018, 04:26:33 PM »
Pretty sure he was recommitted after Psycho III.
©@©™

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #513 on: October 04, 2018, 02:19:04 AM »

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #514 on: October 08, 2018, 08:01:30 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #515 on: October 08, 2018, 08:03:26 PM »
God every new RLM vid is like manna from heaven.

Tasty

« Reply #516 on: October 15, 2018, 11:57:29 AM »

We took a trip to the ol' Packard Family Pumpkin Patch for the upcoming Halloween episode of Best of the Worst. Things got crazy. Then they didn't. Coming later this month!
[close]

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #517 on: October 15, 2018, 01:44:50 PM »
 :hyper
zzzzz

Boredfrom

« Reply #518 on: October 15, 2018, 02:16:39 PM »
Is Jack going to reveal his inner  gun nut tendencies.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #519 on: October 16, 2018, 09:04:28 AM »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #520 on: October 16, 2018, 09:12:38 AM »
very cool :rejoice

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #521 on: October 17, 2018, 04:34:32 AM »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDS

Tasty

« Reply #522 on: October 19, 2018, 10:41:28 AM »
Half in the Bag: Halloween (2018) with possibly "something special"
[close]

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #523 on: October 20, 2018, 01:13:50 PM »
When are they going to review Venom?

I have no interest in the movie. I just want to see Mike Stoklasa drag Sony Pictures.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #524 on: October 20, 2018, 06:16:13 PM »
yikes some of my friends don't seem to like RLM

I might have to end these friendships  :idont
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #525 on: October 20, 2018, 06:31:05 PM »
I'd try to engage on why they dislike it, and try to point out that RLM's taken pot shots across the political spectrum.

And also they're totally right that Ghostbusters 2016 is dogshit and that has nothing to do with it starring women.

It's understandable that if you're in an echo chamber, you'll dislike what those around you dislike without knowing why. Like I said, try asking them specifically why they don't like RLM, and if it's for political reasons there's actually no reason to dislike them.

Now if they find the style and personalities annoying, fair enough. Nobody's gonna be universally liked.

Tasty

« Reply #526 on: October 20, 2018, 06:37:18 PM »
Wouldn't you instinctively side eye something Nintex suggests to you tho

Unfortunately it's likely Nintex is more tempered IRL and his friends have no idea what he's really like. ;)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #527 on: October 20, 2018, 07:11:10 PM »
I'm pretty much the same online as offline. So my friends know about my unorthodox political leanings.

With that said, they dislike it because they don't seem to 'get' it.
I think they're not entirely sure what is parody and what is serious as they're not familiar with all of RLM's work.
So mental illness and aaaaaaaaaids jokes seems super tasteless I guess?
🤴

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #528 on: October 20, 2018, 08:51:26 PM »
Referential humour doesn't land when they don't know the reference, yes.

Freyj

« Reply #529 on: October 21, 2018, 01:37:42 AM »
To be fair PreRec Rich Evans did seem like kind of a big dumb shitheel RE: political opinions but I still love the boys (and Jessi RIP).

Boredfrom

« Reply #530 on: October 21, 2018, 02:15:24 PM »
To be fair PreRec Rich Evans did seem like kind of a big dumb shitheel RE: political opinions but I still love the boys (and Jessi RIP).

Given how much they shit on him because of this ("When Rich calls you racist..."), I was not suprised. Where I was surprised is when he changed his opinion on certain topics (Apu stuff) so he is not exactly a alt right shitheel, just a dumb shitheel.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #531 on: October 22, 2018, 02:32:32 PM »
https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/1054438464400195584

How did Mike know. Was he really hooked up into Hollywood?  :doge
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #533 on: October 23, 2018, 10:32:05 AM »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #534 on: October 23, 2018, 03:59:45 PM »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #535 on: October 23, 2018, 04:19:25 PM »
oh my gaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwddddd

©@©™

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #536 on: October 23, 2018, 05:59:33 PM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #537 on: October 23, 2018, 10:50:30 PM »
https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/1054438464400195584

How did Mike know. Was he really hooked up into Hollywood?  :doge

Mostly jaded cynicism. Jeff Gerstmann has the same power but with video games.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #538 on: October 24, 2018, 07:58:52 PM »
I hope they do a beast of the worst with home alone kid

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #539 on: October 25, 2018, 11:00:42 AM »
they are, it's the one that's after their Halloween BOTW