Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums  (Read 571653 times)

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
Re: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« Reply #3540 on: March 18, 2018, 09:15:04 PM »
Weren't people trying to make drinking milk into an alt-right thing?

People are stupid.

And it didn’t work because everyone drinks milk. And they tried with Mickey Mouse too. Guess what he’s a huge icon that everyone knows owned by Disney. Didn’t work. Pepe is just a dumb frog only Internet nerds about and the creator is having trouble stopping it

Was also this gem:

4chan tricked people into thinking it was alt-right signal and retroactively ruined a lot of innocent photos.

nudemacusers

« Reply #3541 on: March 18, 2018, 09:19:21 PM »
Not only did Hilary ruin the country by losing, she also ruined Pepe by signal boosting the alt right Pepe memes.

:fbm

Richard Spencer was also wearing a Pepe pin in the video where he got punched
Hilary posted the Pepe explainer in September of 2016, riding the popular wave (very unlike her tbh) of a large mass media furor over the meme’s alt right use

Richard Spencer was punched in January of 2017, well after the attention had peaked.

What I’m saying is Hilary used the free Internet for her own personal political gain, gaslighted America into doubting their own dankness, and created the now public-appearance-shy finely coiffed alt right crisis actor & punching bag known as Richard Spencer.

Who knows where this conspiracy ends.

Weren't people trying to make drinking milk into an alt-right thing?

People are stupid.

And it didn’t work because everyone drinks milk. And they tried with Mickey Mouse too. Guess what he’s a huge icon that everyone knows owned by Disney. Didn’t work. Pepe is just a dumb frog only Internet nerds about and the creator is having trouble stopping it
Should have gone with Donald.

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

etiolate

« Reply #3542 on: March 18, 2018, 09:21:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5732859/

So amazing that I can't even tell if serious

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #3543 on: March 18, 2018, 09:23:57 PM »
More like seemple jack era am I rite?

nudemacusers

« Reply #3544 on: March 18, 2018, 09:25:47 PM »
Honestly if the alt righties want to upset gamers they should appropriate dragon quest iconography... given the composer’s beliefs there is a lot of good synergy there.  :doge
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

etiolate

« Reply #3545 on: March 18, 2018, 09:26:09 PM »
it's weird that people who are actually members of an enthusiast gaming forum wouldn't be familiar with this, considering the prevalence of gamergate. People outside of this sphere are certainly aware of the Pepe connection. People like Sam Bee and Jimmy Kimmel have often mentioned Pepe in connection with the alt right, for instance.

guess the former gaf mod

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3546 on: March 18, 2018, 09:39:02 PM »
It's a sign of the times that inherently racist things like slurs, racist stereotypes and racial profiling have taken a backseat to internet memes.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3547 on: March 18, 2018, 09:41:47 PM »
There’s way more to it than that and you know it. Millineals are the most frugal generation ever.

1. I think there are more demands on cashflow and time than there has been historically.
2. Convenience options = £££
3. People seem less likely to "settle" for a steady job. Everybody wants to be a fucking social media consultant

Taking a lunch to work with you rather than eating out is a pain in the ass but 75% cheaper.
Taking coffee from home saves around $5+ a day
Not buying an iPhone X saves a decent chunk of cash

I'd wager that most Millenials could trim the fat and put by 5 - 10k a year. Then all they need to do is figure out that there are other means to investment than bitcoin and they may actually be on the road to home ownership.

So whilst I do believe that the problems Millenials face are inherently due to the lack of money management skills that would ideally be taught in high school, there are also unprecedented demands on their wallets - so many "must have" gadgets that didn't exist a generation ago (Walkman, Raybans and that was about it), lives are a lot busier leading to all but the most organised paying for convenience services to save time and everybody posting up shiny lives that actually don't really exist in reality on Facebook lead people to always believe that they are falling behind others.

yeah, the problem millenials have financially is that they can't stop spending money on shiny toys, not the complete dissolvement of upward mobility or the stagnation of wages or anything like that

nudemacusers

« Reply #3548 on: March 18, 2018, 09:46:42 PM »
It's a sign of the times that inherently racist things like slurs, racist stereotypes and racial profiling have taken a backseat to internet memes.
Speaking of

http://www.rsdb.org
Racial Slur Of The Day

FBI
Native Americans
Full Blooded Indian. Used in the movie Thunderheart. Not really a slur.

I guess if you need 365 slurs to fill the calendar not all will be winners.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3549 on: March 18, 2018, 09:56:34 PM »
Slur
10% Off
Represents
Jews
Reason&Origins
Refers to circumcision and consumerism (never pay retail). The term is most widely used in the UK where circumcision among non-Jews or non-Muslims is more rare, but in the United States, where it is more common, it can be considered insulting to many non-Jewish males as well.

Most of these are jokes not racial slurs. Has anyone here heard of a Jewish guy being offended by a circumcision joke?

Tasty

« Reply #3550 on: March 18, 2018, 09:57:01 PM »
flOptimus is a pretty low-energy insult tbh :trumps

I know you can get better material TIMU.

Averon

« Reply #3551 on: March 18, 2018, 10:10:14 PM »
it's weird that people who are actually members of an enthusiast gaming forum wouldn't be familiar with this, considering the prevalence of gamergate. People outside of this sphere are certainly aware of the Pepe connection. People like Sam Bee and Jimmy Kimmel have often mentioned Pepe in connection with the alt right, for instance.

guess the former gaf mod

Goes to show how much for a bubble GAF was and ERA still is. The vast major of people do not know or care about GG. Even less people know that Pepe is an "alt-right symbol." People generally do not spend hours each day online sniffing out "problematic" crap on social media like they do. But given how ex-GAF mods often banned people for not instantly knowing the ins and outs of GG, I should not have expected any thing else from Aeana.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #3553 on: March 18, 2018, 10:14:43 PM »
the world is so fucking boring.
serge

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #3554 on: March 18, 2018, 10:37:29 PM »
I've recently had to cut back on my avocado toasts to boost my savings.  Now instead of toast I do sort of a south western thing and use tortilla chips.  I call it Avocado Toasts Santa Fey style.
sigh

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #3555 on: March 18, 2018, 10:37:32 PM »
flOptimus is a pretty low-energy insult tbh :trumps

I know you can get better material TIMU.

I can't muster up the effort to find a better name. flOptimus just works.

thisismyusername

« Reply #3556 on: March 18, 2018, 10:39:35 PM »
not the complete dissolvement of upward mobility or the stagnation of wages or anything like that

Back in the early 1900's a fresh-faced 18 year out right out of school could move states away, get a job, have a career, and have the "American Dream."

Good fucking luck doing that in the 21st Century.

TVC15

« Reply #3557 on: March 18, 2018, 10:41:29 PM »
I've recently had to cut back on my avocado toasts to boost my savings.  Now instead of toast I do sort of a south western thing and use tortilla chips.  I call it Avocado Toasts Santa Fey style.

I’ve been saving money by keeping myself entertained by reading amusing court documents and declassified shit from the FBI. Thousands and thousands of pages of awesome and amusing content, like:

Count 18 dates back to March 2007. You met TT after a Lostprophets concert when she was a 16 year old virgin. The prospect of taking her virginity excited you. You got her to dress in a schoolgirl’s outfit and you videoed her and you having oral, vaginal and anal sex. You asked her whether she enjoyed being your underage slut. At the end you urinated over her face and told her to drink it.

I can’t post the awesome stuff from this one because of The Prudening. But here’s the transcript.

https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/JCO/Documents/Judgments/r-v-watkins-and-others.pdf
serge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3558 on: March 18, 2018, 10:52:09 PM »
I still enjoy some songs from The Lost Prophets. That fucking lead singer though

nudemacusers

« Reply #3559 on: March 18, 2018, 11:04:34 PM »
I still enjoy some songs from The Lost Prophets.
Amirox alt detected
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

TVC15

« Reply #3560 on: March 18, 2018, 11:05:55 PM »
I still enjoy some songs from The Lost Prophets.
Amirox alt detected

Sez the dude that prefers shaved, infantilized women.
serge

nudemacusers

« Reply #3561 on: March 18, 2018, 11:12:06 PM »
 >:(

Unrelated but 11 minutes into the last Jedi and this is pretty corny/dumb.

General Hugs scene.

Dropping bombs onto a ship... in space? Wut.

Was this written by 12 year olds.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

TVC15

« Reply #3562 on: March 18, 2018, 11:14:24 PM »
I bet I could be happy if the nanny state of California would let me buy a fucking ferret. Nazis, man.
serge

nudemacusers

« Reply #3563 on: March 18, 2018, 11:16:54 PM »
I’d forgotten how demented that case was. Yeesh... and there are still women trying to fuck him.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

clothedmacuser

« Reply #3564 on: March 18, 2018, 11:25:47 PM »
https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1350599&playlistId=1.3847977&binId=1.810401&playlistPageNum=1&binPageNum=1#_gus&_gucid=&_gup=twitter&_gsc=0qoM5eO

Norm  :rejoice

I am expecting some Reeeeeee threads on this

Is nobody going to make the thread?  The panty twists will be so great that ________________________________.   Ran out of steam there.
sigh

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3565 on: March 18, 2018, 11:25:59 PM »
You are naive as fuck bud. Good luck.
Aside from fighting Trump in the octagon or fucking benji’s mom, that would be the most satisfying thing.
:whoo

Tasty

« Reply #3566 on: March 18, 2018, 11:32:39 PM »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3567 on: March 18, 2018, 11:34:13 PM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3568 on: March 18, 2018, 11:36:33 PM »

I can buy this.  Obviously every Star Wars ship has its own gravity generator so people can walk around normally.  Bombs drop in the direction of the ship's local gravity field until they exit it and keep freefalling in that direction with no friction to stop them.
Uncle

thisismyusername

« Reply #3569 on: March 18, 2018, 11:46:55 PM »
You are naive as fuck bud. Good luck.

Good lord I’d love to sit across from you on a CNN panel or some shit and just take every one of your fucktarded arguments apart as you sit there unable to just duck out of the thread, unable to Google, unable to get bailed out by likes from fuckwits like Username, unable to do shit but confirm to everyone that you know fuck all and your arguments are nothing but a bunch of claptrap you picked up secondhand from r/S4P.

Aside from fighting Trump in the octagon or fucking benji’s mom, that would be the most satisfying thing.

:umad as fuck, bro. Face it, despite the fact "her turn" and the popular vote were won, she still lost the heartland that didn't like her.

Do I think Trump is going to win a second term? Nope. Would I be surprised if he did because of the common American voter? Nope. And if you think he won't because of dislike, you are naive as fuck, hence the like.

Do not underestimate the American voter. You should've learned this when Madam Loser lost.

nudemacusers

« Reply #3570 on: March 18, 2018, 11:49:41 PM »

I can buy this.  Obviously every Star Wars ship has its own gravity generator so people can walk around normally.  Bombs drop in the direction of the ship's local gravity field until they exit it and keep freefalling in that direction with no friction to stop them.
why not just chuck them tho. Plus why are the ships slow in space anyway. Weapon design like this just tells me the rebels deserve to lose.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3571 on: March 18, 2018, 11:50:45 PM »
I bet I could be happy if the nanny state of California would let me buy a fucking ferret. Nazis, man.
You been watching kindergarten cop?

clothedmacuser

« Reply #3572 on: March 19, 2018, 12:56:18 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5738076/

Seeing centrists and right wingers co-opt “woke” as a pejorative for people who are anti-bigotry was a trip

This explains a lot about Labor's view.

Woke should totally be called out.  It's like a white person saying they are an "ally" in their twitter profile.   You shouldn't be pride-full about not being a bigot.  It's like bragging that you don't beat your wife or use the n-word.  Calling yourself "woke" or others who share your views is patting yourself on the back for doing what?  Accepting homosexuals? 

The Emperor summons before him Bodhidharma and asks: “Master, I have been tolerant of innumerable gays, lesbians, bisexuals, asexuals, blacks, Hispanics, Asians, transgender people, and Jews. How many Virtue Points have I earned for my meritorious deeds?”

Bodhidharma answers: “None at all”.

The Emperor, somewhat put out, demands to know why.

Bodhidharma asks: “Well, what do you think of gay people?”

The Emperor answers: “What do you think I am, some kind of homophobic bigot? Of course I have nothing against gay people!”

And Bodhidharma answers: “Thus do you gain no merit by tolerating them!”
http://slatestarcodex.com/2014/09/30/i-can-tolerate-anything-except-the-outgroup/

Labor is easily the type to want recognition for his views and then dump them the moment they are not expedient.  His history is a guy where tolerance is only useful when it serves him.

Perhaps there’s good reason why pride has been considered one of the seven deadly sins (link is external). We’ve all been repelled by people who have an inflated view of themselves. They may talk about themselves excessively and rarely show interest in others. They pump themselves up and come across as snooty--exuding an attitude that makes others feel judged.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/intimacy-path-toward-spirituality/201506/why-pride-is-nothing-be-proud

Of course Labor, Massive Duck C.M. would be insulted that a term used to describe oneself as more moral than others is worthy of scorn.
sigh

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3573 on: March 19, 2018, 01:04:29 AM »
Honestly I thought TVC's old avatar was impossible to beat, and yet clearly...

clothedmacuser

« Reply #3574 on: March 19, 2018, 01:07:08 AM »

Ugh, I just realized what that was.

What was the WhiteMan avatar on GAF?  Anyone remember?
sigh

TVC15

« Reply #3575 on: March 19, 2018, 01:13:19 AM »

Ugh, I just realized what that was.

What was the WhiteMan avatar on GAF?  Anyone remember?

I used the cover of The Boatman’s Call during my last years. Also a photo of young Truman Capote.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 01:19:15 AM by TVC 15 »
serge

agrajag

« Reply #3576 on: March 19, 2018, 01:53:48 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lets-design-reset-eras-mascot.30445/

Bronson Lee being an attention whore as usual.

Could someone with a re account suggest this to be their mascot?

:reeeee

clothedmacuser

« Reply #3577 on: March 19, 2018, 02:01:59 AM »
Bronson Lee is clearly heading into the path of the new Bish.  He likes to throw his name around and act like its prestigious.  This isn't the only thread where he's done that. 

Derive self-esteem from moderating a forum. 

:comeon
sigh

Hot Slice

« Reply #3578 on: March 19, 2018, 02:13:45 AM »
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

Hot Slice

« Reply #3579 on: March 19, 2018, 02:22:41 AM »
Seriously, I’ve spent 90 dollars this year alone. Help.

EightBitNate

« Reply #3580 on: March 19, 2018, 02:39:39 AM »
Show us your art

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3581 on: March 19, 2018, 02:43:44 AM »
Fuck you TwobitNate, you encourage the very worst in us  :bolo

EightBitNate

« Reply #3582 on: March 19, 2018, 02:53:14 AM »
Fuck you TwobitNate, you encourage the very worst in us  :bolo

Simple fix: don’t suck so much.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #3583 on: March 19, 2018, 02:54:49 AM »
sigh

Hot Slice

« Reply #3584 on: March 19, 2018, 02:56:20 AM »

EightBitNate

« Reply #3585 on: March 19, 2018, 03:00:21 AM »
Sigh...

*puts pants back on*

Hot Slice

« Reply #3586 on: March 19, 2018, 03:07:57 AM »
 :omg

:-X

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #3587 on: March 19, 2018, 03:10:41 AM »
Mods pls

jorma

« Reply #3588 on: March 19, 2018, 03:43:59 AM »
The REE mascot should be that virgin-dude that makes us all realise we'd rather be Chad.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #3589 on: March 19, 2018, 04:17:22 AM »
How did we never see this

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=35992.msg2384936#msg2384936

Shout out to the fellow Borians we never talk to.
sigh

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #3590 on: March 19, 2018, 04:19:35 AM »
what is this

wait don't tell me i don't want to know

spoiler (click to show/hide)
at first i thought her hands were under her armpits
[close]

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #3591 on: March 19, 2018, 04:25:40 AM »

Future Speaker of the House Brianna Wu explained how much damage just moon chunks could do, imagine BOMBS being dropped.

This is why we have to ban private companies from space.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #3592 on: March 19, 2018, 04:30:36 AM »
Future Speaker of the House Brianna Wu explained how much damage just moon chunks could do, imagine BOMBS being dropped.
This is why we have to ban private companies from space.

That trainwreck has been awfully quiet lately. too quiet.
woke

« Reply #3593 on: March 19, 2018, 04:31:43 AM »
Future Speaker of the House Brianna Wu
Oh god please let this happen. Honestly it's no more than we deserve.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #3594 on: March 19, 2018, 04:49:47 AM »
what is this

(Image removed from quote.)

[close]

Era mascot

http://www.sivatherium.narod.ru/library/Dixon_3/pics/p0085.jpg

An easily penetrable, weak being living in a bubble which if pierced will kill them. 

sigh

Jerry

« Reply #3595 on: March 19, 2018, 05:06:15 AM »
I still enjoy some songs from The Lost Prophets. That fucking lead singer though

I saw them live

....twice

Deffo on a list. If its a 3 strikes rule I've stormed past the line by posting on GAF and ree
COYS

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3596 on: March 19, 2018, 05:53:35 AM »
How did we never see this

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=35992.msg2384936#msg2384936

Shout out to the fellow Borians we never talk to.

FUME5 is underappreciated in his time.

agrajag

« Reply #3597 on: March 19, 2018, 07:08:32 AM »
what is this

[close]

This belongs in the kinks thread  :ufup

Jerry

« Reply #3598 on: March 19, 2018, 07:30:04 AM »

I saw them live

....twice

Deffo on a list. If its a 3 strikes rule I've stormed past the line by posting on GAF and ree

You were on a list way before the dude got got. Lost Prophets are garbage.

I was young and a girl I fancied liked them

Ended up punching her in a mosh pit
COYS

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3599 on: March 19, 2018, 07:31:58 AM »
I have no such excuse, I legitimately *still* like some of their songs