Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums  (Read 564348 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« on: March 07, 2018, 08:27:08 PM »
New thread starts here ----->
dog

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 08:29:17 PM »
hello
Uncle

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 08:30:31 PM »
first
每天生气

Clockwork5

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 08:32:33 PM »
Great job, OP!!!

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 08:32:54 PM »
Hey guys, I was wondering...what's some good 90s music? :doge
que

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 08:33:56 PM »
Hey guys, I was wondering...what's some good 90s music? :doge
:batman
ど助平

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 08:34:04 PM »
Why anytime Cindi stars blowing this place up with her nonsense does the thread start over?

This is the second time and i've only been here 6 months

shosta

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 08:34:11 PM »
Quote from: Nola
the drawer of idiocy that I put people that genuinely take seriously certain Canadian professors that unironically cite Jung and tell their followers that there is a secret cabal of postmodernist Neo-Marxists subversively seeking to destroy western civilization through identity politics in order to re-establish Stalinism and that their campus Gay-Straight alliance group is in on the con.
Ok but which was worse: that, or the Hitchens stuff? And do you think I can top it?
每天生气

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 08:37:03 PM »
:stahp
bent

thetylerrob

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 08:41:04 PM »
Crime Mob was one of the greatest musical acts of all time

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 08:41:13 PM »
To pick up where I left off in the previous thread, I also think it's VERY antisemitic to compare the black mages in FF9 to the Jewish population in the 1940s and I don't know where this sentiment is coming from all of a sudden.  This is a discussion I'd expect to see more at Reset rather than a place like thebore.com.  The mages weren't "greedy" and you can't even see their faces so it's not like there's any way to judge their ethnicity aesthetically.  I don't even see any parallels between Queen Brahne and Hitler, I mean yes they are both villains but for one thing she is a female and for another she was mostly being controlled and exploited by Kuja and the jesters from behind the scenes.  To my knowledge there were no twin clowns pulling the strings of the Nazi regime.  Though I can see some legit comparisons between Zidane and Brad Pitt's role in Inglourious Basterds.
Uncle

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2018, 08:42:11 PM »
:crazy

ど助平

shosta

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2018, 08:42:34 PM »
I think it's a well known fact borne by evidence that Assimilate is an antisemite and a Holocaust denier, so you shouldn't be surprised at all.
每天生气

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2018, 08:43:01 PM »
I thought I somehow had gotten banned when the reply and quote options disappeared. Which would have been grossly unfair since I was keeping a wide berth form the shitflinging going on there. Didn't want to stir things up more than they already were.

etoilate and Cindi were right, riotous and timu were wrong.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2018, 08:43:26 PM »
That Dorazel thread.  Why is it always the same 5 people always trying to dictate what art other people create.  Exelciorif and others were happy to see To Kill a Mocking Bird taken off reading lists and The Last Night, a video game that is basically Brave New World where you play to guy born a little too short, was called bigoted propoganda. 
Or Kingdom Come simply not featuring brown NPC to trade with.  That HBO slave I can kinda understand their criticism but let people make what art or docus they want.

If The Handmaids Tale was written today they would say it was MRA shit.  A Thin Blue Line would be anti-BLM.  These fucks don't get that exploring a subject is not advocating for it.  When your argument is that "but the lower intellects won't get it," you are a just being a authoritarian self-righteous prick. 

Just be the everyday self-righteous prick but with out dictating what others should read or create.

Edit, this blutooth keyboard sucks.
sigh

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2018, 08:43:44 PM »
Maybe we should just go ahead and shitbin this thread, too.
ど助平

etiolate

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2018, 08:43:50 PM »
People taking Super Seducer seriously instead of laughing at it is a bit sad.

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2018, 08:47:01 PM »
To pick up where I left off in the previous thread, I also think it's VERY antisemitic to compare the black mages in FF9 to the Jewish population in the 1940s and I don't know where this sentiment is coming from all of a sudden.  This is a discussion I'd expect to see more at Reset rather than a place like thebore.com.  The mages weren't "greedy" and you can't even see their faces so it's not like there's any way to judge their ethnicity aesthetically.  I don't even see any parallels between Queen Brahne and Hitler, I mean yes they are both villains but for one thing she is a female and for another she was mostly being controlled and exploited by Kuja and the jesters from behind the scenes.  To my knowledge there were no twin clowns pulling the strings of the Nazi regime.  Though I can see some legit comparisons between Zidane and Brad Pitt's role in Inglourious Basterds.

shosta

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2018, 08:47:14 PM »
You guys remember H.I.V.E.? Do you think he's pulled his life together by now?
每天生气

clothedmacuser

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2018, 08:48:09 PM »
People taking Super Seducer seriously instead of laughing at it is a bit sad.

4 reelz, laugh a little, it won't kill you.

Also, Ithought that game had amazing graphics and then realized it was just filmed.
sigh

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2018, 08:49:33 PM »
Just to recap, the bill Cindi highlighted does not ban the weapons she claimed it banned, and instead simply undated the federal definitions of them. When pressed on this, she posted a "better document" which is the same document another member posted to challenge her mis-characterization of said bill.

In conclusion, no guns are being taken from any gun owners, instead some guns are being banned from being sold in the future.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2018, 08:49:50 PM »
Very suspicious that the other thread got locked after I asked why transracial people can't exist. What are you scared of, mods??

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2018, 08:50:23 PM »
So whats the dealll with forums

:9

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2018, 08:52:03 PM »
These fucks don't get that exploring a subject is not advocating for it.

They'll say it's "normalizing" it which is "just as bad if not worse."
Uncle

Nola

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2018, 08:52:25 PM »
Quote from: Nola
the drawer of idiocy that I put people that genuinely take seriously certain Canadian professors that unironically cite Jung and tell their followers that there is a secret cabal of postmodernist Neo-Marxists subversively seeking to destroy western civilization through identity politics in order to re-establish Stalinism and that their campus Gay-Straight alliance group is in on the con.
Ok but which was worse: that, or the Hitchens stuff? And do you think I can top it?

:ohhh  TBH that was me just being passive aggressive toward that thread because it was on my mind because I finally got around to reading an actual page of it that wasn't the etiolate name change meltdown and deciding "nope, not gonna engage this." Honestly didn't realize you were seriously(?) dabbling haha.

shosta

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2018, 08:55:35 PM »
:ohhh  TBH that was me just being passive aggressive toward that thread because it was on my mind because I finally got around to reading an actual page of it that wasn't the etiolate name change meltdown and deciding "nope, not gonna engage this." Honestly didn't realize you were seriously(?) dabbling haha.
Lol. It's ok, feelings intact. I just know in my heart I'm not distinguished mentally-challenged.  :whatsthedeal
每天生气

thetylerrob

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2018, 08:56:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5306488/
It's astonishing to me that this is even in dispute, and it's disgusting that people are still giving her legitimacy. I'll be cancelling my Netflix and letting them know this is the reason why.
:badass :reeeee :dolezal

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2018, 09:02:43 PM »
It's astonishing to me that this is even in dispute, and it's disgusting that people are still giving her legitimacy. I'll be cancelling my Netflix and letting them know this is the reason why.

Netflix caring about a single person leaving over a particular special they don't like when thousands of others are leaving in droves because they keep hemorrhaging content to other services and can't possibly make up the difference with original content.
Uncle

etiolate

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2018, 09:04:38 PM »
I don't get the rotation element of Netflix. Is that because of deals with the studios?

I understand digital items on rotation in a digital sales platform.  That creates scarcity and impulse for purchase.

It doesn't work that way in a subscription model.

Nola

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2018, 09:10:47 PM »
I don't get the rotation element of Netflix. Is that because of deals with the studios?

Yes, same way cable companies cut deals with studios to temporarily air specified pieces of content from the studio on their network, in a given region, for a blocked set of time, along with any other stipulations they might conceive.

Likely Netflix has a set budget they spend on already produced content and they rotate in different films to keep the content flow fresh.

Clockwork5

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2018, 09:15:06 PM »
Very suspicious that the other thread got locked after I asked why transracial people can't exist. What are you scared of, mods??

Actually you asked why certain races act a certain way.
 :goty

EightBitNate

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2018, 09:37:13 PM »

Actually you asked why certain races act a certain way.
 :goty

Nah I asked how race behavior is different than gender behavior but I don't really think I care about the answer.

BisMarckie

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2018, 09:53:44 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5308065/

Idk, means I might have a gender bias in music which is a problematic concept. It also means I'm not exploring enough music in the genres I like to give a better representation

That guy's name?
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Vulva  :doge
[close]

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2018, 10:03:02 PM »
Who's taking the bigger L today; Himu for returning to ERA after talking total bullshit for months about "oh i'm never going back there" and outright lying with shit like "i don't even know if my ban is up yet, havent checked" (LOL), getting immediately banned and returning here after running away less than a week before, or the people who are perfectly happy to endlessly entertain her "THE GOVERNMENT IS COMING FOR GUNS, AND THAT'S WHY I'M A REPUBLICAN NOW!" batshittery even though it's the exact same tired ass shit she's been dragging out for months now?

shosta

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2018, 10:05:44 PM »
just drop it, this shit's old and bork and rumbler think she's taken enough hits because God knows she'll never say so
每天生气

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2018, 10:07:56 PM »
That Dorazel thread.  Why is it always the same 5 people always trying to dictate what art other people create.  Exelciorif and others were happy to see To Kill a Mocking Bird taken off reading lists and The Last Night, a video game that is basically Brave New World where you play to guy born a little too short, was called bigoted propoganda. 
Or Kingdom Come simply not featuring brown NPC to trade with.  That HBO slave I can kinda understand their criticism but let people make what art or docus they want.

If The Handmaids Tale was written today they would say it was MRA shit.  A Thin Blue Line would be anti-BLM.  These fucks don't get that exploring a subject is not advocating for it.  When your argument is that "but the lower intellects won't get it," you are a just being a authoritarian self-righteous prick. 

Just be the everyday self-righteous prick but with out dictating what others should read or create.

Edit, this blutooth keyboard sucks.

Because they are literalists. They have some kind of synaptic dysfunction.

If they were religious, they would be fundamentalists. Same kind of mindset.

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2018, 10:08:32 PM »
can we talk about 90s sitcoms?

agrajag

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2018, 10:14:03 PM »
*checks archived thread*

Hey guys, what's going o..

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2018, 10:18:01 PM »
the last thread got locked for transphobia can we please not do this guys?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2018, 10:23:25 PM »

To this day I don't know why we all watched Home Improvement so much
Uncle

agrajag

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2018, 10:24:57 PM »

I watched it for young Pam Anderson and Debbe Dunning

Clockwork5

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2018, 10:26:09 PM »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2018, 10:27:17 PM »
I’m just here so I don’t get fined.
©@©™

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2018, 10:33:34 PM »
Crime Mob was one of the greatest musical acts of all time

classic

warcock

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2018, 11:14:27 PM »
The only way bore is going to reach the same level of legitimacy as ERA or eviltopia is if we have our own synthwave thread.

shosta

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2018, 11:18:11 PM »
KOTH is the GOAT, discuss
每天生气

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2018, 11:19:03 PM »
The only way bore is going to reach the same level of legitimacy as ERA or eviltopia is if we have our own synthwave thread.

I only listen to new retrowave

Uncle

warcock

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2018, 11:22:11 PM »

I only listen to new retrowave

:noah

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2018, 11:34:21 PM »
timu were wrong.

I honestly haven't even checked that thread since I posted to Himu about her tendency to bipolar opinion. I went to play FF12. Quite frankly, I can't give a damn if you think I'm wrong on that. There are numerous people that have told me they have the same opinion. And frankly, while I like Himu, I do wish her opinions would solid-up instead of the "Himuro plinko" effect everytime. :yeshrug

In conclusion, no guns are being taken from any gun owners, instead some guns are being banned from being sold in the future.

Himu: "BUT DEY TOOK OUR JERBS OUR GUNZZZZ!!!"

Whatever though. She's "gone" for a few days/weeks/months and then probably will come back if she's banned on SA. No big deal.

jorma

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2018, 11:37:22 PM »

Netflix caring about a single person leaving over a particular special they don't like when thousands of others are leaving in droves because they keep hemorrhaging content to other services and can't possibly make up the difference with original content.

Netflix just had their best quarter like.. ever. They aint hemorrhaging shit.

Watch this outraged person reference his netflix account a month from now, as if the cancellation never happened.

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2018, 11:41:48 PM »

naw real pic march

EightBitNate

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2018, 11:43:24 PM »
More people are viewing the locked thread than this thread.

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2018, 11:47:02 PM »
timu were wrong.

I honestly haven't even checked that thread since I posted to Himu about her tendency to bipolar opinion. I went to play FF12. Quite frankly, I can't give a damn if you think I'm wrong on that. There are numerous people that have told me they have the same opinion. And frankly, while I like Himu, I do wish her opinions would solid-up instead of the "Himuro plinko" effect everytime. :yeshrug
I was just making a joke about me staying out of the fray in the last thread and then starting the arguments all over again immediately in this one. The dems can certainly be stupid at times but gun control isn’t one of those.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2018, 11:49:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/im-high-and-it-sucks.28063/

Quick, someone tell him everyone is laughing at him!
sigh

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2018, 11:58:38 PM »
The other Cindi thread for other Cindis
:9

clothedmacuser

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2018, 11:59:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/trailer-of-netflix-documentary-on-rachel-dolezal-white-woman-identifying-as-trans-black.27991/

this entire thread.

:delicious

"What a crazy ass bitch."  "What a nutcase"

"yeah, she's mentally ill."

"What did you just say! You are racist and transphobic for suggesting that!"

Quote from: Netflix
Hastings told CNBC on Wednesday that he thinks the service has had too many successful series of late. “Our hit ratio is way too high right now,” Hastings said. “So, we’ve canceled very few shows … I’m always pushing the content team: We have to take more risk; you have to try more crazy things. Because we should have a higher cancel rate overall.” It’s not that Hastings wants Netflix to purposely make shows that are unsuccessful, though. His logic: By taking big swings, “you get some winners that are just unbelievable winners, like 13 Reasons Why. It surprised us. It’s a great show, but we didn’t realize just how it would catch on.”
http://www.vulture.com/2017/05/netflix-ceo-thinks-they-should-be-cancelling-more-tv-shows.html

The only thing netflix is doing wrong is not streaming soft-core cinemax stuff.  You know they now show buttholes in them?

Michelle Maylene is a way better actor than she ever was a pornstar.

sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2018, 12:04:33 AM »
My new thing is just seeing what Slayven and Dai101 say and then post the same inane sentiment.  Sometimes it's hard.  They can amazing at  offering no actual viewpoint or worthwhile opinion but just being static noise.  There is something in being able to be so righteous and so vapid at the same time it's hard to copy.  I can see how the Russians had to train and pay people to do it.  It's not easy.

D I Z too.  He's pretty good at it.
sigh

jorma

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2018, 12:12:21 AM »
why stop at softcore?

I've actually wondered why they don't have a porn section. The pay movie channels like canal+ do and they don't seem to be subjected to a lot of REEEing.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2018, 12:45:09 AM »
Man that Rachel Doelzalalala thread.

Thing is, like it or not, the way that REEE is looking at her is the way most of the world looks at trans people. So, now you know...:trumps
que

clothedmacuser

« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2018, 12:45:26 AM »
I'm just saying that Netflix has the opportunity to embrace the untapped Transracialism genre in more ways than one.  :trumps

What do transwomen think of "cheeseburger chasers?"  I have to imagine there are a minority of transwomen who like it?

sigh