Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums  (Read 571905 times)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Re: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« Reply #3180 on: March 17, 2018, 12:07:00 PM »
Nothing is stopping you from posting your own. Jansen has to sleep, too.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3181 on: March 17, 2018, 12:10:51 PM »
Also this:
White people: ew distinguished black fellows. We are gonna make you into slaves, strip you of all your culture and family and treat you less than animals.
Black people: please don’t do that.
White people: okay we’re tired of doing that. You’re “free”. You just can’t get a job here or live here or here or here. But if you don’t get a job, you’re going to jail and have to work for us. Also you can’t buy a house, talk to us, look at us funny, eat in the same places as us, or get access to any of the same education and economic benefits we have. Also we’re gonna kill a lot of you just because why not.
Black people: this sucks. Please stop.
White people: no.
Black peoples: okay seriously fucking stop we’re mad now.
White people: oh god these distinguished black fellows are going crazy. Gotta kill a lot more of them. And some of them are talking way too much and making them crazier! Kill them too.
Other white people: hey maybe tone it down white people?
White people: fine. Here civil rights we’re all equal. But actually we’re gonna flood your communities with drugs, sap out all education, put millions of you in jail. The police will always be against you. Some of you can make us a lot of money singing and dancing and throwing balls, you distinguished black fellows are used to that.  Also we’re not actually going to pay you back or fix any of the problems the last 300 years war caused we’re just gonna put incredibly tiny Band-Aids over it and pretend we’re all good.
Other white people: okay so there’s still problems but we’re working on it! Economy getting better, technology getting better. Internet! Don’t worry black people we’re working on it! Oh look over there black president!
White people: more war of drugs, more police shootings, here give them more guns. Education still shit? Okay good.
Black people: hey uh, a lot of us are having a lot of problems. We are trying over here but it’s not working much because you guys kind of let the problems get really big and we can’t handle it on our own. Could you please help us?
White people: No.
Other white people: come on guys, we said we’re trying to help, and things are a lot better now! You really need some perspective. You can’t expect other people to solve your problems for you. That’s very entitled.
Black people: okay fine. You won’t help us. So if there still gonna be tons of inequality, could we at least do a small thing and not do all the blackface and racist jokes and calling us the n-word all the time?
Other white people: oh that’s easy. Deal.
White prople: we’re still gonna do it, while still doing all that other bad stuff to you too. And we’re gonna be really obvious about it.
Other white people: sorry blacks but it’s not even that big of a deal anymore... can’t you just ignore it? You gotta just work hard and handle your own problems sometimes!
Black people: okay white people have issues.
White people: RACIST! (keep ruining their economy and education and throwing them in jail and shooting them)
Other white people: Hey those other white people are right! We’re helping you and THIS is the thanks we get? You want us to never say anything bad about you but you can say whatever about us? See THIS is why all those racist white people hate you so much and voted to make the country worse for all of us. This is YOUR fault.

Is actually this:

"Heyo stranger"
"Hello, we come from far away lands called 'Holland'. We sail the 7 seas and no one can cross us"
"Oh, I'm Sultan Bar-madu-ba Bil Asim"
"Hello Sultan"
"Can I interest you in some of my wares?"
"What are you selling?"
"People, like slaves"
"What do you want in exchange?"
"Anything shiny and/or weapons"
"Ok ya, you got yourself a deal. Load 'em up boys"
"Let's send all these slaves to America to work on the plantations"
"We shall settle in this here fortress by the coast so if you have more stuff be sure to drop by"
"Ok, will do strangers with weird colors"

*100's of years later*

"MY CULTURE WAS STOLEN FROM ME!"

Your culture wasn't stolen your ancestors were traded for gold and other things by their leaders. That has all been documented. People mistake the colonization of say the 18th and 19th century with the early days of slave trade.
They set-up a trade post in a remote area, shipped gold to sultans, local kings and warlords and in exchange brought back human resources, spices and other exotic products. It was a trade. A shitty trade, but still a trade. Never about occupation or land ownership.

Much of the slave trade even originated from the caliphate. During their conquests the Muslim leaders would keep the women/children as slaves and kill the men. That history also inspired ISIS to do the same in Iraq and Syria.

In the US all sorts of fucked up shit happened over the years regarding minorities, mistreatment of other races etc. . But it never began with "stealing a culture".
It wasn't: "Please don't do that" it was: "Thank you bois, bring more gold" . The slave trade existed ever before the first European colonist said foot on African soil.
African states played a key role in the slave trade. Slavery was already a common practice among Sub Saharan Africans long before the involvement of the Arabs, Berbers and Europeans. There were three types: those who were slaves through conquest, those who were slaves due to unpaid debts, or those whose parents gave them as slaves to tribal chiefs. Chieftains would barter their slaves to Arab, Berber, Ottoman or European buyers for rum, spices, cloth or other goods.

I know it's easy to ignore that fact and simply 'blame the whites' but overall that means that you lose the people who spend time studying the history of slavery and it's origins.
🤴

Tuckers Law

« Reply #3182 on: March 17, 2018, 12:11:05 PM »
Fair enough, I'll try. :larry

Boredfrom

« Reply #3183 on: March 17, 2018, 12:12:30 PM »
But the pushback can be disproportional that you can wonder if is affecting them or is just a trigger for boiling out other issues on the one doing the pushback.
Yes. I'm unclear on what you mean by the rest though.

Just saying that Uncle is not exactly wrong as the pushback can be from hating a person gender identity to “he looked me in the wrong way”

Thought, people are naturaly predisposed to search for validation, so conflict is inevitable.

In any case, don’t encourage Cream in posting here as their personal thread. I know that calling out Optimus, Assimilate and others is satisfactory, but Cream seems to be here just to make everything about themselves.

Cream

• Bigender Hypersexual SJW Scum - She/He
« Reply #3184 on: March 17, 2018, 12:14:56 PM »
Also this:
White people: ew distinguished black fellows. We are gonna make you into slaves, strip you of all your culture and family and treat you less than animals.
Black people: please don’t do that.
White people: okay we’re tired of doing that. You’re “free”. You just can’t get a job here or live here or here or here. But if you don’t get a job, you’re going to jail and have to work for us. Also you can’t buy a house, talk to us, look at us funny, eat in the same places as us, or get access to any of the same education and economic benefits we have. Also we’re gonna kill a lot of you just because why not.
Black people: this sucks. Please stop.
White people: no.
Black peoples: okay seriously fucking stop we’re mad now.
White people: oh god these distinguished black fellows are going crazy. Gotta kill a lot more of them. And some of them are talking way too much and making them crazier! Kill them too.
Other white people: hey maybe tone it down white people?
White people: fine. Here civil rights we’re all equal. But actually we’re gonna flood your communities with drugs, sap out all education, put millions of you in jail. The police will always be against you. Some of you can make us a lot of money singing and dancing and throwing balls, you distinguished black fellows are used to that.  Also we’re not actually going to pay you back or fix any of the problems the last 300 years war caused we’re just gonna put incredibly tiny Band-Aids over it and pretend we’re all good.
Other white people: okay so there’s still problems but we’re working on it! Economy getting better, technology getting better. Internet! Don’t worry black people we’re working on it! Oh look over there black president!
White people: more war of drugs, more police shootings, here give them more guns. Education still shit? Okay good.
Black people: hey uh, a lot of us are having a lot of problems. We are trying over here but it’s not working much because you guys kind of let the problems get really big and we can’t handle it on our own. Could you please help us?
White people: No.
Other white people: come on guys, we said we’re trying to help, and things are a lot better now! You really need some perspective. You can’t expect other people to solve your problems for you. That’s very entitled.
Black people: okay fine. You won’t help us. So if there still gonna be tons of inequality, could we at least do a small thing and not do all the blackface and racist jokes and calling us the n-word all the time?
Other white people: oh that’s easy. Deal.
White prople: we’re still gonna do it, while still doing all that other bad stuff to you too. And we’re gonna be really obvious about it.
Other white people: sorry blacks but it’s not even that big of a deal anymore... can’t you just ignore it? You gotta just work hard and handle your own problems sometimes!
Black people: okay white people have issues.
White people: RACIST! (keep ruining their economy and education and throwing them in jail and shooting them)
Other white people: Hey those other white people are right! We’re helping you and THIS is the thanks we get? You want us to never say anything bad about you but you can say whatever about us? See THIS is why all those racist white people hate you so much and voted to make the country worse for all of us. This is YOUR fault.

Is actually this:

"Heyo stranger"
"Hello, we come from far away lands called 'Holland'. We sail the 7 seas and no one can cross us"
"Oh, I'm Sultan Bar-madu-ba Bil Asim"
"Hello Sultan"
"Can I interest you in some of my wares?"
"What are you selling?"
"People, like slaves"
"What do you want in exchange?"
"Anything shiny and/or weapons"
"Ok ya, you got yourself a deal. Load 'em up boys"
"Let's send all these slaves to America to work on the plantations"
"We shall settle in this here fortress by the coast so if you have more stuff be sure to drop by"
"Ok, will do strangers with weird colors"

*100's of years later*

"MY CULTURE WAS STOLEN FROM ME!"

Your culture wasn't stolen your ancestors were traded for gold and other things by their leaders. That has all been documented. People mistake the colonization of say the 18th and 19th century with the early days of slave trade.
They set-up a trade post in a remote area, shipped gold to sultans, local kings and warlords and in exchange brought back human resources, spices and other exotic products. It was a trade. A shitty trade, but still a trade. Never about occupation or land ownership.

Much of the slave trade even originated from the caliphate. During their conquests the Muslim leaders would keep the women/children as slaves and kill the men. That history also inspired ISIS to do the same in Iraq and Syria.

In the US all sorts of fucked up shit happened over the years regarding minorities, mistreatment of other races etc. . But it never began with "stealing a culture".
It wasn't: "Please don't do that" it was: "Thank you bois, bring more gold" . The slave trade existed ever before the first European colonist said foot on African soil.
African states played a key role in the slave trade. Slavery was already a common practice among Sub Saharan Africans long before the involvement of the Arabs, Berbers and Europeans. There were three types: those who were slaves through conquest, those who were slaves due to unpaid debts, or those whose parents gave them as slaves to tribal chiefs. Chieftains would barter their slaves to Arab, Berber, Ottoman or European buyers for rum, spices, cloth or other goods.

I know it's easy to ignore that fact and simply 'blame the whites' but overall that means that you lose the people who spend time studying the history of slavery and it's origins.

So are you denying that the SLAVES THEMSELVES didn’t want to be made as slaves and there weren’t millions of black people subjugated and dehumanized by whites, killed tortured raped and a lot worse for hundreds of years while not being allowed to have any culture at all? Because that’s the salient point and if you become “lost” because I forget to mention the detail that “oh actually the Africans were the ones that sold them” then I would be suspicious of your intentions.

Cream

« Reply #3185 on: March 17, 2018, 12:16:20 PM »
But the pushback can be disproportional that you can wonder if is affecting them or is just a trigger for boiling out other issues on the one doing the pushback.

Just saying that Uncle is not exactly wrong as the pushback can be from hating a person gender identity to “he looked me in the wrong way”

Thought, people are naturaly predisposed to search for validation, so conflict is inevitable.

Wow then it’s almost like maybe  searching for validation shouldn’t be  held up as a character flaw and the real problem which is exactly what uncle was saying

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3186 on: March 17, 2018, 12:17:28 PM »
you all deserve this hell, i warned you months ago :doge

Boredfrom

« Reply #3187 on: March 17, 2018, 12:17:41 PM »
Nintex, there is a Cream thread. Nobody cares about what you have to say to Cream about race relations.

Boredfrom

« Reply #3188 on: March 17, 2018, 12:19:46 PM »

Wow then it’s almost like maybe  searching for validation shouldn’t be  held up as a character flaw and the real problem which is exactly what uncle was saying

Who said is a character flaw? I disagree with Uncle there while saying that the pushbacks are so disproportional to be called pushbacks.

Cream

« Reply #3189 on: March 17, 2018, 12:22:01 PM »

Who said is a character flaw? I disagree with Uncle there while saying that the pushbacks are so disproportional to be called pushbacks.

This whole conversation topic came from Uncle saying that

A. People search for validation
B. People will always push back, regardless.
C. Therefore the people searching for validation have no one to blame but themselves, when the real solution is to just  not care about anything and never try to seek validation. In other words don’t be human

Boredfrom

« Reply #3190 on: March 17, 2018, 12:25:27 PM »
I disagree with C, dunno what are you mad about.

But yeah, I see now Rufus point :P Yes, Rufus is right.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-u-s-reichstag-fire-what-would-the-democrats-do.30192/

I think these nerds get off to the idea of Trump being The Empire and them being the Resistance.

Fantasy book false flag operations for dictatorship in your country, brehs

Sometimes I feel that the whole “Resist” stuff is a marketing ploy for Star Wars.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3191 on: March 17, 2018, 12:25:39 PM »
hey look its a song with my and cream's username, notice me creme senpai

Boredfrom

« Reply #3192 on: March 17, 2018, 12:30:06 PM »
OH MY GOD! CREAM IS VANILLA ICE STAND

Jerry

« Reply #3193 on: March 17, 2018, 12:31:22 PM »
There's so many British white kids who copy rappers and they aren't called cultural appropriators. They're just called little ratbags
i thought they were called wiggers: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/wiggers-just-wannabe-black-white-middle-class-kids-are-adopting-black-street-style-and-chilling-out-1462591.html

(article from 1993 :lol)

That stuff was over in the UK too? Thought they were just called 'chavs' over there.

No, chavs were/are just council house scum (read: poor people) who hang around town trying to start fights with anyone who they outnumber. The classic Burberry hat/tracksuit chav doesnt really exist any more.

COYS

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #3194 on: March 17, 2018, 12:33:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/parisera-i-really-need-help-figuring-out-work-housing-situation.14111/

???

Dude has been homeless for 3 months and doesn’t seem to be in a hurry to do anything about it. Or even that concerned.

Hasn’t worked a single day yet but is going to audition for Disney Paris? Wuhu?
As for getting social security number and all that. That's what I'm working on, my case worker at pole emploi is trying to make a case that I should get one even if I haven't worked here yet so that I can start my own company and can freelance. But only working for a day would instantly give me a social security number so I am mostly trying to get work. Hell I'm even going to audition for Disneyland next month haha!

It's ok, he can just get into dumpster diving like this dude:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/good-resources-for-getting-into-dumpster-diving.30185/
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Boredfrom

« Reply #3195 on: March 17, 2018, 12:34:12 PM »
The same people who bitched and moaned about GAF/RE/Senior Bore regulars shutting down and stifling discussion on alternative viewpoints want Cream to stop posting his/her alternative viewpoint.

This must be what post-irony feels like.

But they have a thread  :doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3196 on: March 17, 2018, 12:34:17 PM »
So are you denying that the SLAVES THEMSELVES didn’t want to be made as slaves and there weren’t millions of black people subjugated and dehumanized by whites, killed tortured raped and a lot worse for hundreds of years while not being allowed to have any culture at all? Because that’s the salient point and if you become “lost” because I forget to mention the detail that “oh actually the Africans were the ones that sold them” then I would be suspicious of your intentions.
Like I said:
African culture continued in Africa. The leaders just decided to sell conquered people or their own servants to the Europeans, Arabs and others.

Of course those conquered people weren't thrilled that was happening but there was little they could do about it because they were sold as slaves. In some cases slavery was used as a form of punishment or paying off debt.
The Europeans treated their allies and nobility in Africa with respect and treated the slaves as their masters did. Skin color had little to do with anything, it was all a matter of social standing and slaves were the lowest of the low.

Thank god slavery was abolished but it had or has little to do with the modern concept of racism.

Slavery and modern racism are two completely separate issues. If you throw it all together because people were 'wronged' and if you judge it by today's standards you're missing half world history.
🤴

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #3197 on: March 17, 2018, 12:37:28 PM »
I'm so fucking sick of american social-politics dominating online discussion.

The fact there is even separate black and white 'cultures' in 'murica is a problem itself.

There's so many British white kids who copy rappers and they aren't called cultural appropriators. They're just called little ratbags

White people ruin everything  :yeshrug

Cream

« Reply #3198 on: March 17, 2018, 12:40:42 PM »
Like I said:
African culture continued in Africa. The leaders just decided to sell conquered people or their own servants to the Europeans, Arabs and others.

Of course those conquered people weren't thrilled that was happening but there was little they could do about it because they were sold as slaves. In some cases slavery was used as a form of punishment or paying off debt.
The Europeans treated their allies and nobility in Africa with respect and treated the slaves as their masters did. Skin color had little to do with anything, it was all a matter of social standing and slaves were the lowest of the low.

Thank god slavery was abolished but it had or has little to do with the modern concept of racism.

Slavery and modern racism are two completely separate issues. If you throw it all together because people were 'wronged' and if you judge it by today's standards you're missing half world history.

You are so wrong.

Modern racism in America was BORN from American slavery. You can’t seperate the two. That’s crazy 

Do you really think that a country can treat an entire race of people as literal objects in property for hundreds of years and then that can just be forgotten and has no effect on anything?

agrajag

« Reply #3199 on: March 17, 2018, 12:41:12 PM »
The lady doth protest too much, methinks

samir

« Reply #3200 on: March 17, 2018, 12:43:11 PM »
Like I said:

You are so wrong.

Modern racism in America was BORN from American slavery. You can’t seperate the two. That’s crazy 

Do you really think that a country can treat an entire race of people as literal objects in property for hundreds of years and then backing just be forgotten and has no effect on anything?

Ever heard of these people called Native Americans? Racism has been part of America since the beginning. Stop making everything about black people.

Cream

« Reply #3201 on: March 17, 2018, 12:45:13 PM »
Like I said:

You are so wrong.

Do you really think that a country can treat an entire race of people as literal objects in property for hundreds of years and then backing just be forgotten and has no effect on anything?

Ever heard of these people called Native Americans? Racism has been part of America since the beginning. Stop making everything about black people.

Good point. I’ll correct myself.

Slavery, the black codes, Jim Crow, the KKK, redlining, and the war on drugs have PERFECTED racism.

nudemacusers

« Reply #3202 on: March 17, 2018, 12:46:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/parisera-i-really-need-help-figuring-out-work-housing-situation.14111/

???

Dude has been homeless for 3 months and doesn’t seem to be in a hurry to do anything about it. Or even that concerned.

Hasn’t worked a single day yet but is going to audition for Disney Paris? Wuhu?
As for getting social security number and all that. That's what I'm working on, my case worker at pole emploi is trying to make a case that I should get one even if I haven't worked here yet so that I can start my own company and can freelance. But only working for a day would instantly give me a social security number so I am mostly trying to get work. Hell I'm even going to audition for Disneyland next month haha!

It's ok, he can just get into dumpster diving like this dude:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/good-resources-for-getting-into-dumpster-diving.30185/
Two dumpster diving threads on reset in like a month. Yikes. :doge
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

paprikastaude

« Reply #3203 on: March 17, 2018, 12:50:01 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-u-s-reichstag-fire-what-would-the-democrats-do.30192/

I think these nerds get off to the idea of Trump being The Empire and them being the Resistance.

Fantasy book false flag operations for dictatorship in your country, brehs

America is literally interwar Germany now (I just found about this on wikipedia guys!), but we can save it by watching generic Disney blockbusters and whining about unimportant weeb games.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3204 on: March 17, 2018, 12:52:03 PM »
I find it amusing that there is an underground ring of dumpster divers on REE sharing tips on how best to elbow a bum in the ribs to take food and stuff they could afford normally if they wanted to.

nudemacusers

« Reply #3205 on: March 17, 2018, 12:54:54 PM »
Steam backlog and collector edition game boxes don’t pay for themselves  :doge

Never mind the resetera subscription.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

BisMarckie

« Reply #3206 on: March 17, 2018, 12:56:19 PM »
I find it amusing that there is an underground ring of dumpster divers on REE sharing tips on how best to elbow a bum in the ribs to take food and stuff they could afford normally if they wanted to.

Dignity :nope

Snagging a used copy of Madden 09 from a Gamestop dumpster :rejoice

Cream

« Reply #3207 on: March 17, 2018, 12:57:16 PM »
I knew this guy who bragged about finding a total intact lovesac worth over 2000 in an otherwise empty dumpster. Said he cleaned it.

I was just like “cool enjoy the herpes”

Baiano19

« Reply #3208 on: March 17, 2018, 01:00:09 PM »
you all deserve this hell, i warned you months ago :doge

Well, if you keep visiting a diseased board it's no wonder you might get infected.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #3209 on: March 17, 2018, 01:01:13 PM »
I found more of my old Bore-related writings! All from 2007-2008. I found:

Demi fanfic
InfelicitousDandy fanfic (“Boy-Prince Arvie, Man-Dandy of Newfoundland”)
My script for a B’z television pilot
serge

BisMarckie

« Reply #3210 on: March 17, 2018, 01:01:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/men-attacked-by-stranger-armed-with-tire-iron-over-pokemon-go-game.30131/

:doge

What's his GAF/era username? :expert

This is why I don't leave the house.

:goty2

nudemacusers

« Reply #3211 on: March 17, 2018, 01:02:10 PM »
Lovesacs are pretty cool tho.

Which reminds me; I want to get a leather ottoman. :lawd
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3212 on: March 17, 2018, 01:04:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/men-attacked-by-stranger-armed-with-tire-iron-over-pokemon-go-game.30131/

:doge

What's his GAF/era username? :expert

This is why I don't leave the house.

:goty2

Stay safe Tasty, it ain't safe for Andys out in these pokemon go streets

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #3213 on: March 17, 2018, 01:10:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/93-of-employed-software-developers-are-man.30044/

On a team of 9, we have 3 female programmers at the place I work. We're progressive!

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #3214 on: March 17, 2018, 01:13:29 PM »
Reading this thread has become insufferable, when are links to stupid shit said on REEE and GAF coming back?

thebore has become like Netflix, at the beginning we were offering other creators content until we attracted enough subscribers to create our own. Cream is our House of Cards, it wasn't particularly ambitious but it a big hit, hopefully more distinguished mentally-challenged fellows content is incoming!

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3215 on: March 17, 2018, 01:16:48 PM »
i guess that makes you lilyhammer, since you showed up first and no one cares about you

TVC15

« Reply #3216 on: March 17, 2018, 01:18:46 PM »
Reddit appears to have killed r/watchpeopledie. This is going to affect my masturbation habits greatly.
serge

kingv

« Reply #3217 on: March 17, 2018, 01:18:52 PM »
Within a month, excelsior is going to be the main poster in wrassle-bore, and we will have to have new tier of senior member to keep track of her post count.

The movie thread will be renamed “movies you have seen recently that don’t touch the majesty of 2016 Ghostbusters”

Optimus

« Reply #3218 on: March 17, 2018, 01:19:50 PM »
i guess that makes you lilyhammer, since you showed up first and no one cares about you

You cared enough to write this post.  :teehee

Baiano19

« Reply #3219 on: March 17, 2018, 01:19:51 PM »
Reading this thread has become insufferable, when are links to stupid shit said on REEE and GAF coming back?

thebore has become like Netflix, at the beginning we were offering other creators content until we attracted enough subscribers to create our own. Cream is our House of Cards, it wasn't particularly ambitious but it a big hit, hopefully more distinguished mentally-challenged fellows content is incoming!

I dunno, I prefer watching train wrecks from far instead of being inside the wagon.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #3220 on: March 17, 2018, 01:28:49 PM »

It started of fun but now we're in the Cloverfield paradox phase

Optimus

« Reply #3221 on: March 17, 2018, 01:43:21 PM »

I dunno, I prefer watching train wrecks from far instead of being inside the wagon.

I mean the thread was already a trainwreck before Cream because very few people read Resetera anymore so the well had dried. Notice how many people are constantly asking for links but no one is willing to go there anymore to share some? Yeah...

Don't think of it as being inside a trainwreck, think of it as a live performance of an artist you like ironically. Cream is that artist and his art is stupidity.

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #3222 on: March 17, 2018, 01:53:06 PM »
The Europeans treated their allies and nobility in Africa with respect

:thinking
bent

BisMarckie

« Reply #3223 on: March 17, 2018, 01:57:34 PM »
Translation:
We didn't have the manpower to wipe them out, yet.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX

Optimus

« Reply #3225 on: March 17, 2018, 02:13:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-resetera-too-heavily-moderated.30211/

lol

No.

It was originally too lax when the site started out. After a few months, though, they've stepped up.

TVC15

serge

etiolate

« Reply #3228 on: March 17, 2018, 02:19:16 PM »
I got no prob with cream doing cream.

Ree is predictably boring right now.  Perhaps because cream spends their time here now? Have we stolen the heart from the tree of REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3229 on: March 17, 2018, 02:25:23 PM »
My whole post was about people getting worked up about things that don't matter.  Nobody should be getting all upset about anyone's gender, including their own.  Don't insist on validation and others will have no basis to refuse it, that way neither party gets worked up.

Now what is annoying is people suddenly choosing the subject du jour as the one thing nobody should complain about because it doesn't affect them.  A shitload of things don't affect all of us and yet we still complain about them constantly.  It's a rare person who wouldn't do that. I have no problem with anyone complaining about anything, impactful or not.
This is just a tad bit contradictory, don't you think? In the first paragraph, you make it seems as though outsiders only receive (morally justifiable) pushback if they demand validation. But in the second, you acknowledge that people get upset about all manner of things, including things which don't affect them. Which would include outsiders existing, whether they demand validation or not.
I didn't say anything about outsiders, I was speaking in general.  I think to an extent people make themselves into outsiders, needlessly.  So I'm partly saying don't make yourself into an outsider and people won't treat you like one.

Of course I'm not talking about evident differences like skin color.  I'm talking about people who decide they're squirrelkin and everyone else has to respect that.  Both of these groups are "othered" but one was by choice.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 02:36:36 PM by Uncle »
Uncle

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3230 on: March 17, 2018, 02:27:09 PM »

Africans were seen as lesser humans. They were put in zoos, even. That's part of how their subjugation and enslavement was justified. I don't see how you can separate the two in this case.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3231 on: March 17, 2018, 02:40:22 PM »
Uncle

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3232 on: March 17, 2018, 02:45:22 PM »
My whole post was about people getting worked up about things that don't matter.  Nobody should be getting all upset about anyone's gender, including their own.  Don't insist on validation and others will have no basis to refuse it, that way neither party gets worked up.

Now what is annoying is people suddenly choosing the subject du jour as the one thing nobody should complain about because it doesn't affect them.  A shitload of things don't affect all of us and yet we still complain about them constantly.  It's a rare person who wouldn't do that. I have no problem with anyone complaining about anything, impactful or not.
This is just a tad bit contradictory, don't you think? In the first paragraph, you make it seems as though outsiders only receive (morally justifiable) pushback if they demand validation. But in the second, you acknowledge that people get upset about all manner of things, including things which don't affect them. Which would include outsiders existing, whether they demand validation or not.
I didn't say anything about outsiders, I was speaking in general.  I think to an extent people make themselves into outsiders, needlessly.  So I'm partly saying don't make yourself into an outsider and people won't treat you like one.

Of course I'm not talking about evident differences like skin color.  I'm talking about people who decide they're squirrelkin and everyone else has to respect that.  Both of these groups are "othered" but one was by choice.
That clears things up some, but still doesn't entirely resolve the contradiction regarding the bolded statement.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3233 on: March 17, 2018, 03:03:01 PM »
That clears things up some, but still doesn't entirely resolve the contradiction regarding the bolded statement.

I don't think there's a contradiction in context of my original post on the subject.  People make up shit for a complex web of reasons - they're natural attention-seekers, or want to stand out in a world suddenly so connected that everyone has a voice and most of them are lost in the uproar, or they're essentially trolling because they think or know they can get away with it in a culture that says there can't be any pushback or criticism when someone imposes othering upon themselves.  Some people will complain all day about being misgendered or what-have-you, but the truth is they wanted that conflict and the chance to briefly make the conversation all about themselves.

I'm not saying all the feelings leading to adopting a label are made up, but most of them just mean you're human.  You didn't need the label.  Look at how many people function just fine day-to-day without ever telling anyone one of their labels.
Uncle

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #3234 on: March 17, 2018, 03:03:46 PM »
Wait wtf

https://www.resetera.com/threads/things-people-throw-away.30208/

are we getting some stealth "dumpster diving" viral marketing at REE?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3235 on: March 17, 2018, 03:08:45 PM »

I don't think there's a contradiction in context of my original post on the subject.  People make up shit for a complex web of reasons - they're natural attention-seekers, or want to stand out in a world suddenly so connected that everyone has a voice and most of them are lost in the uproar, or they're essentially trolling because they think or know they can get away with it in a culture that says there can't be any pushback or criticism when someone imposes othering upon themselves.  Some people will complain all day about being misgendered or what-have-you, but the truth is they wanted that conflict and the chance to briefly make the conversation all about themselves.

I'm not saying all the feelings leading to adopting a label are made up, but most of them just mean you're human.  You didn't need the label.  Look at how many people function just fine day-to-day without ever telling anyone one of their labels.
Yes, yes, yes, I get where you're coming from. But the bolded sentence made it sound like you're not cool with people getting upset over the above, either, when that's (now obviously) not true.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #3236 on: March 17, 2018, 03:10:54 PM »
Wait wtf

https://www.resetera.com/threads/things-people-throw-away.30208/

are we getting some stealth "dumpster diving" viral marketing at REE?

Acting as if that's a bad thing. This entire thread is based on it.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3237 on: March 17, 2018, 03:14:01 PM »
Yes, yes, yes, I get where you're coming from. But the bolded sentence made it sound like you're not cool with people getting upset over the above, either, when that's (now obviously) not true.

No, I'm not cool with people getting upset about either.  Whoever starts it is making things worse for both, whether that's you saying "I've decided I'm ______, you have to respect that now" or "_______s can all go to hell."
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 03:18:07 PM by Uncle »
Uncle

Cream

« Reply #3238 on: March 17, 2018, 03:21:13 PM »

Jfc you are incredibly bigoted. Your ignorance about transgenderism is staggering.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #3239 on: March 17, 2018, 03:22:44 PM »
"At ResetEra, being open and transparent is one of our core values."

"Do not discuss the moderation! REEEEEEEE!!!"