Author Topic: BLOPS IIII announced because mouth breathers can't decipher IV  (Read 1746 times)

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/971808369861259264

Can't believe we're getting a new COD this year.  :doge
©ZH

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Re: BLOPS IIII announced because mouth breathers can't decipher IV
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 04:40:50 PM »
Do people still play cod?

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 04:50:52 PM »
Announcement of an announcement.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 05:18:34 PM »

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 05:21:19 PM »
A pile of shit wrapped into a video game.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 05:42:53 PM »
This is the good CoD.  Looking forward to more BLOPS IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII info soon.
ど助平

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 08:38:04 PM »
Star Trek IIII: The Voyage Home

benjipwns

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 08:38:29 PM »
Star Wars Episode IIII: A New Hope

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 10:09:58 PM »
©@©™

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018, 11:31:03 PM »
Do people still play cod?

mods help

I mean the last good CoD was 4. :trumps

Before all these User controlled Killstreaks 420 NoScopeBlazeItFaggot happened.

benjipwns

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2018, 11:39:36 PM »
Blops II was pretty okay

benjipwns

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2018, 11:46:13 PM »
tho i'm also a goofball who likes Ghosts' during-match map alterations and found IW to be better put together than was expected as a whole

i also weirdly appreciate the texture density of the IW made games, it creates a very interesting look sometimes that's rarely commented on because the games are considered so low tech (still quake 3 engine hurr durr) and also interestingly doesn't show up in the other CoD games as much, Blops 3 was rather garish visually to where the map is arguably distracting at times against the enemies

there's a wee bit of minor interest in this considering where the campaign of the last one (Blops that is) went design wise, but i don't know if MP will do anything for me

thisismyusername

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2018, 11:54:03 PM »
Ghost's "Levolution" (ugh) cloning of Battlefield 4 was so bad from what I've seen on streams. It doesn't really alter the map/change the gameplay up like the building falling on Siege of Shanghai. I know a lot of people in the Battlefield community HATED the Levolutions (especially the S.o.S. building collapse because it tanked PC performance apparently.  :doge ) but I enjoyed it. Making Obliteration on that one overpass map into a "swim for the bomb while 4 boats are coming around/shooting at each other and the helicopter tries to hover but hits the drink so sinks" was good chaos/gameplay changes.

I don't feel that sort of Chaos in Ghost's version.

benjipwns

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2018, 12:05:16 AM »
yeah, on a lot of the maps, it doesn't really do anything especially because it only happens once and barely changes the map

but the one map with the water level changing constantly it does change things because it takes away paths and also you lose movement rather significantly when you're wading in the water

the collapsing skyscraper one doesn't do a lot for the level (it's already confusing enough, like most of ghosts maps it's a mess) but i found it quite enjoyable as a display and as an effect on all the players equally in that it changes animations to fit how the building is collapsing

lots of people hate the idea of dynamic maps but i've always liked it (even in DoD), part of why i liked bad company 2 was when it could play out like that from player actions, just need someone to really commit and make it part of the inherent design, instead we have these "kind of" models that get slapped onto bog standard map designs and both can suffer

thisismyusername

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2018, 12:12:30 AM »
I'm not sure if you're talking Ghosts completely in that post. As I forget the Ghost maps. :lol

I honestly didn't find the building collapse in Shanghai to be "confusing." But the Battlefield community hated it collapsing because "muh parachuting to the roofs to snipe off of!" where people would just jump out of the building. I'd rather collapse the damn thing to stop my (stupid) teammates trying to snipe from a roof that has no ladder access AND stop the enemy team from doing the same (parachuting off it) to the bomb/plant sites. So as soon as someone wrote "DON'T COLLAPSE THE BUILDING" in text-chat, I made it my personal mission to do it as fast as possible. :lol :lol :lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2018, 12:24:10 AM »
super bowl IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

benjipwns

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2018, 05:59:31 PM »
multiple sources who say that the game will ship with no single-player campaign at all, on any platform.

The sources claimed that the campaign was cut because there just wasn't enough going to be enough time to get it done prior to the October 12 release date. Instead, Treyarch is apparently focusing on expanding the multiplayer element, including the Zombies mode and possibly some new co-op modes.   

There may also be a battle royale mode for players to dive into: Shortly after Polygon reported on the no-campaign rumor, Charlie Intel posted a story saying that it had heard the same "no campaign" rumor last month, and that its source also told it that Raven Software had been put to work on a battle royale mode "to fill the content gap."   
this is totally believable

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 06:02:59 PM »
Raven Software had been put to work on a battle royale mode

pbuh
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2018, 06:08:12 PM »
i'm glad they went to the three year cycle to give the teams more time on each game

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2018, 07:16:19 PM »
you already know raven soft probably started working on it last week

benjipwns

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2018, 07:28:53 PM »
hope battle royale has some really powerful killstreaks like the wraith

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2018, 07:45:57 PM »
In a storyline ripped from the headlines, Alex Mason fails to stop the sleeper cells at Raven from being activated and turning BLOPS into a battle royale.
©@©™

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2018, 01:41:09 AM »
how much could they have possibly expanded multiplayer to result in singleplayer falling to the wayside

how many people do they have at treyarch alone

benjipwns

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2018, 01:51:27 AM »
it's not multiplayer, it's zombies (or equivalent mode)

that's basically another campaign mode, which is why the extra year to the cycle hasn't done anything

and there's lots of people who buy the games just for zombies

treyarch is like 250-300 people iirc

benjipwns

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2018, 02:06:01 AM »
looking at the various sales estimates and reports, it seems WWII did infact "bring the franchise back" as it's above 21 million copies as of January, Blops III did ~24-25 millionish if you want to count the gimped 360/PS3 versions that only had MP but still sold ~2 million, Infinite Warfare then only did like 14 million or so, Ghosts was the last one to crack 25 million easily, looks like ~27-28 million...the peaks were Blops and MW3 which both did 30 million

so i guess people just don't like space?

as an aside, it looks like Call of Duty 2, the undisputed peak of the franchise*, did a whopping 2 million copies, the 360 version was outsold by at least ten PSP titles in 2005 and Nintendogs sold at least 9 times as many copies, oh we were so innocent back then

*:teehee

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2018, 02:47:19 AM »
I guess the question still stands, how much more can they expand zombies. They have storylines, clear objectives and large maps already.

I liked the concept of tranzit from BO2. The execution was iffy so if they expanded on it that would be cool, but I know not many cared for it.