Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5905378 times)

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| ERA? I don't know her.
« Reply #36782 on: September 26, 2018, 09:01:25 AM »
ruhroh:

Sorry for the quote....but how can you have a discussion under such condition (threat really)?
Basically a moderator stated that if you don't agree with the OP message or you dismiss it in any way you are banned.

Best bet is to pm a mod if you don’t like it rather than discuss mod/admin actions.

bork, listen to this guy!

And really, what kind of fruitful discussion do you think could be had with people who "dismiss sexism" or "complain about outrage culture"? What kind of a fruitful discussion could be had with people who from the get go considers that things we are criticizing don't actually exist, or that we are lying about our feelings?

hows that mod booty smell person on era?

Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| ERA? I don't know her.
« Reply #36783 on: September 26, 2018, 09:02:06 AM »
I often wondered how Resetti would react to Rosie in the first game, one of the main characters, openly racist

Well now I know  :lol

I imagine that the game explaining why she became racist and her changing would only be seen as EVEN WORSE

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #36784 on: September 26, 2018, 09:10:39 AM »
TangorFopper said:

Sorry for the quote....but how can you have a discussion under such condition (threat really)?
Basically a moderator stated that if you don't agree with the OP message or you dismiss it in any way you are banned.
You’re new here, so you may not know but yes - that’s how it works. Arguing in bad faith or dismissing legitimate and well laid out concerns about social issues in games (like that in the OP) is bannable, as it should be. One of the reasons this community is great.

:what

Himu

« Reply #36785 on: September 26, 2018, 09:18:36 AM »
Weeaboo’s perpetual wet blanket.

May she bless up by being triggered for us.

Hail (that’s hello for you uncultured Protestants) Era,
The triggered is with thee,
Blessed art thou among forums,
And Blessed is the fruit of thy toilet feed, Sweet Nicole

Holy Era, daughter of Gaf,
Please ban all of us sinners,
Now and at the hour of when video game companies stop making girls sexy.

Ramen.

Do the sign of the Triggered.

After confessing you played a video game with problematic content you must say this five times.
IYKYK

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #36786 on: September 26, 2018, 09:22:59 AM »
Their mistake is browsing this board while at work.

:ufup
If I didnt browse this forum at work, I probably wouldnt at all, home life is too busy, do you really want me to disappear mr stark? :goldberg

Yes.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #36787 on: September 26, 2018, 09:29:39 AM »
:piss Nomura in general :piss2

Fixed. Dude was lucky he got wacked with a newspaper by Gucci Mane during FF7, because as soon as he took off we got belts and zippers beyond what the eye can see and shitty naming schemes.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/parasiteeve/images/9/9e/Aya_Art.png/revision/latest?cb=20131126044329&format=original

https://art.alphacoders.com/arts/view/36683

Looking at FF8 (which he did as well) it seems he only did portrait style concept art and not the actual full outfits (at least from what I can find on Google) but post-8, he goes crazy in terms of art-work. When Nomura is put on a chain, he can crank out really decent character art.

Himu

« Reply #36788 on: September 26, 2018, 09:33:58 AM »
FFX has excellent character designs. :yeshrug
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #36789 on: September 26, 2018, 09:34:53 AM »
Tidus' pants :-\

Auron and Yuna look good though

Himu

« Reply #36790 on: September 26, 2018, 09:40:55 AM »
I’m fine with Tidus. Lulu is the real offender. Bad design on a comical level.
IYKYK

SmokyDave

« Reply #36791 on: September 26, 2018, 09:44:43 AM »
It normalises the idea that women are inferior to men, that they exist for male satisfaction, and that unwanted sexual contact should be welcomed and not challenged.

How does it do that when the guy gets fucking clocked? The article is really just trying way too hard.
Who needs context when you get bare clicks for con text?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36792 on: September 26, 2018, 10:03:45 AM »
I wonder if ree thinks that sexual harassment videos also normalizes sexual harassment.

PogiJones

« Reply #36793 on: September 26, 2018, 10:17:07 AM »
TangorFopper said:

You’re new here, so you may not know but yes - that’s how it works. Arguing in bad faith or dismissing legitimate and well laid out concerns about social issues in games (like that in the OP) is bannable, as it should be. One of the reasons this community is great.

:what
"Disagreement" paraphrased into "arguing in bad faith."  :rollsafe

PogiJones

« Reply #36794 on: September 26, 2018, 10:23:57 AM »
And really, what kind of fruitful discussion do you think could be had with people who "dismiss sexism" or "complain about outrage culture"? What kind of a fruitful discussion could be had with people who from the get go considers that things we are criticizing don't actually exist, or that we are lying about our feelings?

People don't think you're lying about your feelings; they think your feelings are based on dumb reasoning.

Where did this notion that someone's feelings can't be dumb or criticized come from? Feelings are sacred to these people.

Boredfrom

« Reply #36795 on: September 26, 2018, 10:24:35 AM »
“The forum is great because I’m allowed to REEEEE without somebody calling me out... when the mods actually try to be fair is when the forum is a dumpster fire and minorities are leaving”

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36796 on: September 26, 2018, 10:42:17 AM »
Got no reply back after responding to RE moderation about my avatar deletion.  Come to think of it, I never did get any responses back for any post reports I've submitted, either-

RE discriminates against Bore members.
 :social

Mods are cunts in general.

Fuckin' mods  :punch  Especially that one Bork jerk on the Bore.  :maf

ruhroh:

Best bet is to pm a mod if you don’t like it rather than discuss mod/admin actions.

bork, listen to this guy!

1. pm a mod if you don’t like it rather than discuss mod/admin actions.
2. mod ignores you.
3. ?? ?? ??
4. :reeeee
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 10:46:59 AM by bork »
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #36797 on: September 26, 2018, 10:45:16 AM »
Kingdom hearts seems like a game that people who give themselves facials would play.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36798 on: September 26, 2018, 10:50:45 AM »
After how tone deaf SNK Heroines was, I'm not too surprised.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/vg24-valkyria-chronicles-4%E2%80%99s-sexual-harassment-problem-is-unacceptable-in-2018-read-op.70827/page-17#post-13096056

What the fuck did you expect from a waifu fighter?  :lol

They can't even get this right- SNK Heroines is like satire.  The game presentation is entirely self-aware of how cheesy and 'waifu' everything is.  It's also a pretty good game that was made by former Capcom dev 'Neo-G'.  It's a better Vs. game than MvC Infinite was!
:heh
ど助平

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #36799 on: September 26, 2018, 10:58:26 AM »
Can we add “darcsen” to the word filter?
Oi Oi

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #36800 on: September 26, 2018, 11:23:02 AM »
I played KH 1 and 2 because they’re fun beat-em-ups despite the lack of enemy variation, the presence of Disney, the presence of FF8 characters, and considerable jank.

I do like Goofy though. I have a tattoo of him on my ass where his left eye is right over my candyhole so you can pretend you’re getting some of that rare socket friction when you’re rattling around inside me.
serge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #36801 on: September 26, 2018, 11:38:44 AM »
Their mistake is browsing this board while at work.

:ufup
If I didnt browse this forum at work, I probably wouldnt at all, home life is too busy, do you really want me to disappear mr stark? :goldberg

Yes.
POSTING FROM HOME TO SAY - I HATE YOU DAD :goldberg

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36802 on: September 26, 2018, 11:48:21 AM »
OP UPDATED WITH IMPORTANT INFORMATION.  READ THE OP.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36803 on: September 26, 2018, 12:03:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/vg24-valkyria-chronicles-4%E2%80%99s-sexual-harassment-problem-is-unacceptable-in-2018-read-op.70827/page-18
Quote from: Uthred, post: 13106235, member: 1428
Quote from: texhnolyze, post: 13092068, member: 1856
Anime, manga, it's just semantics. Both of them share the same culture. So when people say anime, they're refering to the whole anime/manga culture. They also adapt from each other, there are anime adaptation from manga, and vice versa.
If they're referring to "anime/manga culture" then they should refer to it as such. The idea that its acceptable to use "anime" as a shorthand for Japanese culture is as stupid as the idea that its acceptable to use "film" as a shorthand for US culture.

CONTEXT MOTHER FUCKER DO YOU SPEAK KNOW IT
ど助平

SantaC

« Reply #36805 on: September 26, 2018, 12:20:37 PM »
Everything is sexism these days. Me walking down the street is sexism and will offend someone.

I guess the 15th centuary is back.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #36806 on: September 26, 2018, 12:30:09 PM »
I played KH 1 and 2 because they’re fun beat-em-ups despite the lack of enemy variation, the presence of Disney, the presence of FF8 characters, and considerable jank.

I do like Goofy though. I have a tattoo of him on my ass where his left eye is right over my candyhole so you can pretend you’re getting some of that rare socket friction when you’re rattling around inside me.

Isn’t it so you can tell your Boyfriend is fucking Goofy?

And Sphincter tattoos...
 :noah :whew

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash
« Reply #36807 on: September 26, 2018, 12:35:17 PM »
How do these guys talk to thier friends in real life about girls they find attractive?

Probably exchange loundry tips on how to wash cum soaked pillows.

You're stretching it to think ERA posters a) have actual friends and b) do laundry.

:paul

Ask them why I was perma banned while you’re at it. I was not trolling in my discussion. I gave a snarky reply to stinkles.

C'mon, you gotta know Frank is a protected poster as one of the few industry "insiders" left stoking the dumpster fire.  Plus I'm sure they were already looking for an excuse due to your "history of similar infractions" or whatever else gobbledygook rattling around the mod's asphyxiated excuse for a brain.

:nintendo

Coffee Dog

« Reply #36808 on: September 26, 2018, 12:41:43 PM »
I dont want to turn this into a KH megathread, but a bunch of that xehanort shit is inaccurate and a lot simpler than you make it out to be. nobody fuses with anyone. Riku uses the dark side in the first game, gets possessed by the ghost of a more powerful dark side user, and because riku is a shonen power wank he just figures out how to use dark side powers without becoming a sith, basically. The time traveling xehanort didnt control anyone, he barely did anything at all, he just put manipulated people where they needed to be so that they could explain that losing eight times was ALL PART OF THE PLAN

Just watch the cutscenes again and dont fall asleep.  :lol it doesnt make plot developments like Riku's strategic blackface make any less stupid, but everything is so cliched its impossible not to follow along.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 12:52:54 PM by Coffee Dog »

SmokyDave

« Reply #36809 on: September 26, 2018, 12:46:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/most-inappropriate-thing-you’ve-said-at-work.70946/page-3#post-13100102

It was obviously more than about it being inappropriate, this thread has been permitted to stay up. He took pride in it being one of his "best" retorts, that's why it crossed the line. But yeah let's pour one out for the guy while the actual women of resetera are leaving the site/avoiding etcetera in droves because of posts like this. Men are the real victim lol, if only they could brag about how good it feels to threaten violence against women in peace, damn sjw mods

Why are they always leaving in droves? Why not bunches or chunks?

I feel like I’m being baited into making a joke about automotive aptitude.

kingv

« Reply #36810 on: September 26, 2018, 12:47:44 PM »
I had no idea that DiZ is a character from Kingdom Hearts.

Does at any point in any of the game sdoes he say anything like “you ain’t slick?”

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36811 on: September 26, 2018, 12:55:08 PM »
How do these guys talk to thier friends in real life about girls they find attractive?

You're stretching it to think ERA posters a) have actual friends and b) do laundry.

Have we not gotten a thread yet about how not washing your clothes is actually a good thing and "natural oils from your body" will cleanse them for you or some shit?  They did it with soap and shampoo on old-neogoof.
ど助平

Drainage

« Reply #36812 on: September 26, 2018, 01:00:13 PM »
Did we talk about this thread yet? It's the ResetERA Cycle, still awaiting READ OP. I know it's been a busy day for the mods.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/performing-pelvic-exams-on-unconscious-women-without-explicit-consent-is-legal-in-45-states.70751/

OP
Yo...like I'm a dude and everything, but now I feel a little guilty about being born with a dick.

First reply
Wow. This is for real?? Wow.

Second reply
Ah for fucks sake, what the fuck. Just, what the everloving fuck.

Third reply.
This is horrifying!

Fourth reply.
What the fuck is wrong with men??

Sixth reply.
Man...men suck.

Seventh reply.
this crosses so many lines it's beyond disgusting.

But wait!
You are the person that made the thread and you didn't even try to understand what the article is saying? This has nothing to do with being a man or not. 90% of the students in this field are more likely to be women than men. But hey, keep hating yourself for having a dick, you can always have it removed you know?

Oh shit.
Doctor here. This is pretty standard.
The post above explains it much better.

This is a non-story

Break out the cascade of edits.
Edit: as has been pointed out this isn't exclusive to men. Corrected in later posts.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #36813 on: September 26, 2018, 01:08:18 PM »
I had no idea that DiZ is a character from Kingdom Hearts.

Does at any point in any of the game sdoes he say anything like “you ain’t slick?”

He's just christopher lee in brownface.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36814 on: September 26, 2018, 01:12:30 PM »
Quote from: Masquerade Overture
Yo...like I'm a dude and everything, but now I feel a little guilty about being born with a dick.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 01:26:57 PM by bork »
ど助平

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #36815 on: September 26, 2018, 01:13:52 PM »
haha he was in such a hurry to virtue signal his hatred of his gender that he didn't even read the article before he did so.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #36816 on: September 26, 2018, 01:14:37 PM »
HAY EVERYONE! I HATE MAH DICK! I'M A GOOD ALLY!

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #36817 on: September 26, 2018, 01:19:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/most-inappropriate-thing-you’ve-said-at-work.70946/page-3#post-13100102

It was obviously more than about it being inappropriate, this thread has been permitted to stay up. He took pride in it being one of his "best" retorts, that's why it crossed the line. But yeah let's pour one out for the guy while the actual women of resetera are leaving the site/avoiding etcetera in droves because of posts like this. Men are the real victim lol, if only they could brag about how good it feels to threaten violence against women in peace, damn sjw mods

Why are they always leaving in droves? Why not bunches or chunks?

I feel like I’m being baited into making a joke about automotive aptitude.

Told one of my workers to get back to work and stop wasting time and she replied with a, “or what?” Told her with a straight face not to talk back or next time I’d knock her bitch ass out.

That’s probably one of my best ones.
User Banned (Duration Pending): Advocating (threatening the use of) violence
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13090612/

Meanwhile....

You should beat the shit out of him.
He's gamer..probably all soft and gooey. go next door and wreck his shit.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13033595/

is a-ok with mod approval https://www.resetera.com/posts/13042248/

paprikastaude

« Reply #36818 on: September 26, 2018, 01:25:32 PM »
The reee-cycle,
step 1: spend your days defending the rights of pixel women
step 2: have a crush on the first girl that talks a single sentence with you at work/the outside world, stalk her and leave chocolate and gifts at her desk like a psycho

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #36819 on: September 26, 2018, 01:26:11 PM »

Have we not gotten a thread yet about how not washing your clothes is actually a good thing and "natural oils from your body" will cleanse them for you or some shit?  They did it with soap and shampoo on old-neogoof.

I'm not sure about clothes, but there was one on oldGAF about how often people wash their sheets and most posters went several weeks/months without doing so.

:kobeyuck

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36820 on: September 26, 2018, 01:26:48 PM »
Mod Message: ( (User(resetera user) Banned (can't post) (Duration Pending(not set length decided yet) ): Advocating (threatening the use of) violence(violence) )

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #36821 on: September 26, 2018, 01:27:46 PM »
Ooooh there’s going to be some bans in the dick thread. Just waiting for the reports now. In the meantime...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/performing-pelvic-exams-on-unconscious-women-without-explicit-consent-is-legal-in-45-states.70751/#post-13097464
What the fuck is up with the rape apologists in this thread. When people ask ResetERA what kind of forum ResetERA is and want examples of rape culture take a look at this thread.

:drudge :sabu

ResetEra | Rape Apologists

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36822 on: September 26, 2018, 01:28:03 PM »
haha he was in such a hurry to virtue signal his hatred of his gender that he didn't even read the article before he did so.
HAY EVERYONE! I HATE MAH DICK! I'M A GOOD ALLY!

And as always, another REEEEEEE'er was quick to catch and quote that before he edited it out of his post.  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36823 on: September 26, 2018, 01:30:57 PM »
User Banned (Duration Pending): Advocating (threatening the use of) violence
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13090612/

So in a thread titled "Most inappropriate thing you’ve said at work," he posts what the most inappropriate thing he said was...and got banned for it?   :lol :rofl
:reeeee
ど助平

agrajag

« Reply #36824 on: September 26, 2018, 01:31:27 PM »
Quote from: Mercury Fred
Flake is a fucking SLEAZE.

Call his office: 202-224-4521

And if you want to pose as one of his constituents: https://www.zipcodestogo.com/Arizona/

Sounds like you're a sleaze too.

ModernBoxes

« Reply #36825 on: September 26, 2018, 01:39:21 PM »
Jack Thompson was (rightfully) the censor devil for two decades, now he's nothing compared to the righteous wing of ResetERA justice. Killing people is still a-okay but how dare you write sleezy characters into video games.

Drainage

« Reply #36826 on: September 26, 2018, 01:41:29 PM »
Don't forget the inevitable jump to paranoid conspiracy delusions when everyone is made a fool. An integral part of the ResetERA Cycle.

What's the story with posters dropping threads like this and then running off never to be heard from again in the thread?

kingv

« Reply #36827 on: September 26, 2018, 01:43:52 PM »
Ooooh there’s going to be some bans in the dick thread. Just waiting for the reports now. In the meantime...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/performing-pelvic-exams-on-unconscious-women-without-explicit-consent-is-legal-in-45-states.70751/#post-13097464
What the fuck is up with the rape apologists in this thread. When people ask ResetERA what kind of forum ResetERA is and want examples of rape culture take a look at this thread.

I had a friend that went to medical school (and strangely went to work for a computer company afterwards) and his stories about this shit made me sick to my stomach. Not necessarily that they were “sexually assaulting” people but like, giving unconscious people prostate exams and shit before surgery so that students could feel what an enlarged prostate felt like.

His advice: “don’t get surgery at a university hospital “.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36828 on: September 26, 2018, 01:48:47 PM »
Don't forget the inevitable jump to paranoid conspiracy delusions when everyone is made a fool. An integral part of the ResetERA Cycle.

What's the story with posters dropping threads like this and then running off never to be heard from again in the thread?

User Warned : History of not having a posting history. Advocating for posting in threads while not posting in thread.

stufte

« Reply #36829 on: September 26, 2018, 01:49:19 PM »
Jack Thompson was (rightfully) the censor devil for two decades, now he's nothing compared to the righteous wing of ResetERA justice. Killing people is still a-okay but how dare you write sleezy characters into video games.

We celebrated at my old studio when JT got disbarred.

It was hilarious asking the supermarket cake lady to write "douchebag" on a cake.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #36830 on: September 26, 2018, 01:57:10 PM »
OP UPDATED WITH IMPORTANT INFORMATION.  READ THE OP.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Maybe this is the outcome of a generation raised by helicopter moms. They eternally have that voice locked in their head. It becomes their internal monologue.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36831 on: September 26, 2018, 02:12:04 PM »
TWEET
TEXT

Are you guys all at home with full access to everything on the web!?

:crybaby

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #36832 on: September 26, 2018, 02:21:00 PM »

I had a friend that went to medical school (and strangely went to work for a computer company afterwards) and his stories about this shit made me sick to my stomach. Not necessarily that they were “sexually assaulting” people but like, giving unconscious people prostate exams and shit before surgery so that students could feel what an enlarged prostate felt like.

Talking to normies about medicine. :-\ Sounds like he talked out of context or made shit up, i have a hard time believing that the context for students getting practice is as omnious as it sounds. Even if it is supposedly the darkest timeline for US now that Trump is president and two-headed cows are being born.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #36833 on: September 26, 2018, 02:25:58 PM »
Theres nothing convoluted about a rash young man playing with dark forces he doesnt understand and getting possessed by a monster. There's nothing convoluted about a moustache twirling mastermind being revealed to have actually been pulling the strings all along with little nudges throughout the story. There is nothing complex about an evil looking man turning out to have a heart of gold. Kingdom hearts is comprised of child friendly, easy to digest plot beats and is rooted in cliche.

Its stupid, unabashedly so with nomura's fixation on doubles, but the information is doled out so slowly over the course of so many hundreds of hours of gameplay that its easy for kids and adults to follow along. Thats why the series is big with tweens in the first place, its closer to harry potter than Primer. But we should drop this, because at this point we're going in circles and i dont have much else to bring up other than delving into minutae of several games and petty shit.

Switters

« Reply #36834 on: September 26, 2018, 02:26:59 PM »
I'll be the judge of whether your dick is any good or not, thank you very much.
troll

killamajig

« Reply #36835 on: September 26, 2018, 02:31:20 PM »

Oh no! Medical students learning. You even said they weren't assaulting people.

If only they had Reee mods there to ban those medical students to keep people safe and not learn anything while in medical school.

And while we're at it let's stop them from performing autopsies on people who died that didn't give consent.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #36836 on: September 26, 2018, 02:32:36 PM »

We celebrated at my old studio when JT got disbarred.

(Image removed from quote.)

It was hilarious asking the supermarket cake lady to write "douchebag" on a cake.

I imagine someone going down a list...

"Can we get fucknuts?"

"No."

"Okay, how about shitbrains?"

"No."

"Mmm, what about douchebag?"

"No."

"Uh, douchenozzle?"

"Absolutely not."

"Douchecanoe?"

"Okay, you know what? We'll do douchebag if you never come back."

©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #36837 on: September 26, 2018, 02:32:56 PM »
I was thinking about Bowsette

Because she is fucking inescapable online

But she's really kind of the perfect emblem of the kind of shit reset always rails against

You have all these games that have like one or two moments with a sexy costume, or some alternate costume in Dragon Quest, or a hot spring scene in Xenoblade, or whatever, and they always freak out and say "gross!!!  Why do games keep doing this?!  Why do companies keep making these degrading images and outfits, and perpetuate negative stereotypes???"

And someone says "well, regardless of anything else, sex sells" (and is promptly banned)

And sex does sell, it doesn't matter how much you tone things down or try to minimize it or make the sexy woman also a power fantasy for women, etc.

Here we have a situation where Nintendo, the un-sexiest most mom company in existence made a new powerup to justify putting Peach in their game or something, not sexual at all

And the fans took that and ran with it and took it to insane levels, there is loads of art and spinoff art and alternate universes and Nintendo's stock jumped by 2% when Bowsette blew up, bigger than when they have one of their big game showcases even

https://twitter.com/TheAtlasOne/status/1044295762753007616

Fans made something sexy out of absolutely nothing at all and the company reaped financial rewards

You know how much money Nintendo would make if they did even one official thing with the Bowette concept?  But they won't, because they're a prude mom company afraid of the slightest bit of sexiness

And yet fans made it sexy for them and the sex still sold

Trying to shout sexiness out of games is a lost cause in a world where Bowsette can happen

People are just too fucking thirsty
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #36838 on: September 26, 2018, 02:37:39 PM »
Bowsette is old news, bro. Now it's all Booette.

©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #36839 on: September 26, 2018, 02:40:13 PM »
Oh yeah man Booette is  :mouf

And then there's also Dewaette

Uncle