Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5828987 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« Reply #120 on: March 24, 2018, 09:48:25 AM »
YUM! Brands Boritos

venereology

« Reply #122 on: March 24, 2018, 09:59:05 AM »
If they are over turning permas maybe, just maybe, there is something wrong with the person issuing said bans? lol

What’s this about now? Whose perm got overturned?

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/revisiting-when-the-left-turns-on-its-own-from-back-in-june-2017-and-healing-neogaf-off-topic-in-2018.1460712/page-17#post-253218529

He tried to contact multiple people and Zhuge reversed Sweet Nicole's perma ban.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5901215/

the post he got banned for is fucking ridiculous. being called transphobic and banned for suggesting people not intentionally expose themselves to the worst humanity has to offer for their own peace of mind. there's not a shred of malice in any of his posts, maybe naivety at worst.

then again I guess saying "maybe don't search out things to be outraged at" kind of flies in the face of era's unofficial purpose, so fuck it, ban the dude, "thread has run its course"

edit: I'm sure I'm repeating what people have already said but I bailed out of that last thread when it turned into whatever dogshit that was

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #123 on: March 24, 2018, 11:25:08 AM »
Please move all gender/race etc. stuff to this thread bois
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=45483.1380

Do not awaken the Kraken.

Lots of warns, no bans.

But This post somehow avoids being warned? I see you, Slayvern.

benjipwns

« Reply #124 on: March 24, 2018, 11:28:40 AM »
bronsonlee's post (#3) is actually great

but seriously if there's once place where you should believe any horror story no matter what it's within the management of the Atlanta Hawks franchise, if it wasn't for the Nets, they'd be the Clippers East

owners suing the others to try and block Joe Johnson's contract :lawd

Cream

• Bigender Hypersexual SJW Scum - She/He
« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2018, 11:31:50 AM »
Era wants to have their cake and eat it too and we’re all getting sick of it. Bunch of people flipping out over the site being too heavily moderated, meanwhile just as many of us pissed and shitting on the mods for just giving pointless bans of a couple days of a week to people saying blatantly bigoted bullshit.

We keep telling them if we’re gonna have the reputation of being a crazy SJW echo chamber the least we could do is fucking act like it, not half-ass it, and make the forum comfortable for the people who have to deal with this.

Or if Era refuses to get rid of these people, then let us freely shit on them! The report system is failing due to mod incompetence and regardless of which side you are on, everyone is pissed.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #126 on: March 24, 2018, 11:32:04 AM »
jusst doing a bored check in. Went into a wormhole reading about this dude. Figured some of you might like it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Casolaro
serge

benjipwns

« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2018, 11:35:12 AM »
the Bank of Credit and Commerce International story in and of itself is a pretty great one too

though this is still my personal favorite massive fraud, albeit a bit more murder and war crimes free: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Minkow

spoiler (click to show/hide)
i remember a number of us once participated in a GAF thread sharing wikipedia entries about horrible serial killers :doge
[close]

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2018, 11:37:46 AM »
Era wants to have their cake and eat it too and we’re all getting sick of it. Bunch of people flipping out over the site being too heavily moderated, meanwhile just as many of us pissed and shitting on the mods for just giving pointless bans of a couple days of a week to people saying blatantly bigoted bullshit.

We keep telling them if we’re gonna have the reputation of being a crazy Social Studies Warrior echo chamber the least we could do is fucking act like it, not half-ass it, and make the forum comfortable for the people who have to deal with this.

Or if Era refuses to get rid of these people, then let us freely shit on them! The report system is failing due to mod incompetence and regardless of which side you are on, everyone is pissed.

That's what all of us really want, equality.

Jansen

« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2018, 11:38:10 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5918960/

How did this post avoid a warning

venereology

« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2018, 11:48:54 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5918960/

How did this post avoid a warning

bronx-man dons his slayven shield

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2018, 12:36:13 PM »
jusst doing a bored check in. Went into a wormhole reading about this dude. Figured some of you might like it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Casolaro

The trouble with conspiracy theories is that at least a couple are probably true but the evidence is lost to time. I always found that very sad.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #132 on: March 24, 2018, 12:53:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-the-media-reacts-to-parkland-protests-vs-black-lives-matter.31531/

Do you ever think some posters look at an event and think “how can I make this about the mistreatment of black people?”

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #133 on: March 24, 2018, 12:58:55 PM »
Isn't that basically every Ree thread?

Cream

« Reply #134 on: March 24, 2018, 12:59:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-the-media-reacts-to-parkland-protests-vs-black-lives-matter.31531/

Do you ever think some posters look at an event and think “how can I make this about the mistreatment of black people?”

Do you ever think “this should go in the Cream thread.”?

EightBitNate

« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2018, 01:02:18 PM »

Cream

« Reply #136 on: March 24, 2018, 01:04:29 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Who invited me here again?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #137 on: March 24, 2018, 01:09:34 PM »

EightBitNate

« Reply #138 on: March 24, 2018, 01:10:43 PM »

shhhhh this thread just got posted on Voat. Don’t want to lose my cool-cred with them. 

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2018, 01:23:09 PM »

shhhhh this thread just got posted on Voat. Don’t want to lose my cool-cred with them.

the most distinguished mentally-challenged shit you've ever posted on the internet, including spanking it next to you siblings

EightBitNate

« Reply #140 on: March 24, 2018, 01:25:35 PM »
Don’t be mad because they don’t like you.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #141 on: March 24, 2018, 01:32:24 PM »
i hope they don't the same way i hope i'm despised by NAMBLA

benjipwns

« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2018, 01:45:00 PM »
they have great original investigative reporting tho
Anyone else get the feeling Ben and Abby were random CBS interns hired for nepotistic reasons by Jews at CBS, and they got dumped on Giant Bomb?

Submitted 11 days ago by badweather

I mean, GB seems like it would be an extremely easy job for a lot of seasoned gamers. They probably get inundated with resumes from people all the fucking time. I just think it's weird that a couple of kikes would get hired simultaneously. And for it to be Ben and Abby, what are the odds those two would get the gig over other all those other more personable and qualified applicants?

Something tells me that they were already hired by some hooknosed HR person at CBS, and then someone at CBS was like, "You know, that weird video game thingy we bought isn't Jewish enough for my liking" and forced Giant Bomb to take them in. Ben seems like he's borderline distinguished mentally-challenged and Abby probably never touched a controller in her life, but that wouldn't matter to the suits, and they just come off as being exactly the type of people that got shoehorned into somewhere they don't belong because reasons.

In fact I bet Giant Bomb agreed to offload its staffing onto CBS's HR department as part of being bought, and knowing the ridiculous over-representation of heebs in the mainstream media, those two really activate the ol' almonds.

thetylerrob

« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2018, 02:32:44 PM »
 :dead
Anyone else get the feeling Ben and Abby were random CBS interns hired for nepotistic reasons by Jews at CBS, and they got dumped on Giant Bomb?

I mean, GB seems like it would be an extremely easy job for a lot of seasoned gamers. They probably get inundated with resumes from people all the fucking time. I just think it's weird that a couple of kikes would get hired simultaneously. And for it to be Ben and Abby, what are the odds those two would get the gig over other all those other more personable and qualified applicants?

Something tells me that they were already hired by some hooknosed HR person at CBS, and then someone at CBS was like, "You know, that weird video game thingy we bought isn't Jewish enough for my liking" and forced Giant Bomb to take them in. Ben seems like he's borderline distinguished mentally-challenged and Abby probably never touched a controller in her life, but that wouldn't matter to the suits, and they just come off as being exactly the type of people that got shoehorned into somewhere they don't belong because reasons.

In fact I bet Giant Bomb agreed to offload its staffing onto CBS's HR department as part of being bought, and knowing the ridiculous over-representation of heebs in the mainstream media, those two really activate the ol' almonds.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2018, 02:59:09 PM »

Obviously will race be some factor, but isn't it also pretty obvious that the protest that goes directly after the police will have a harder time with the public?

thetylerrob

« Reply #145 on: March 24, 2018, 03:00:54 PM »
Ben is legit one of the most worthless hires they've ever made though. Jeff Gerstmann clearly just has a crush on him because he's the one person in the games press thats taller than him.

Odrion

« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2018, 03:32:31 PM »
Ben is legit one of the most worthless hires they've ever made though. Jeff Gerstmann clearly just has a crush on him because he's the one person in the games press thats taller than him.
it's true, and just about every hire on the west side has been white dudes Jeff knows and Dan was like the only hire that turned out good

abby is good if just for the generational gap and different perspective, although when she tries to say anything clever the rest of the crew halts the momentum of the conversation to point it out and it sucks every time.
._.

Tokyosandblaster

« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2018, 03:42:21 PM »
Jack Remington, I saw that you liked the Witcher 3. Can we be best friends? I still feel ashamed for voting for the second worst candidate of all time but if we put our differences aside, baby, we got a stew brewing. Let's do it.

thetylerrob

« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2018, 03:54:26 PM »
it's true, and just about every hire on the west side has been white dudes Jeff knows and Dan was like the only hire that turned out good

abby is good if just for the generational gap and different perspective, although when she tries to say anything clever the rest of the crew halts the momentum of the conversation to point it out and it sucks every time. His new site is utter trash. (lul Klepek)
Abby is legitimately funny, she just doesn't know shit about vidya which matters if you take games seriously I guess. Austin was also okay he just wouldn't stfu about his college shit for like 3 months after he got hired.

thisismyusername

« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2018, 04:04:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5940708/

How many bans has this been for Duckroll now? The guy always acted like a stuck up asshole.

I remember a few years back Atra and someone else were investigating Duckroll as the possible pedophile GAF mod. Of course it turns out now they had identified the wrong person and should have been going after Amir0x. I do wonder if he has any skeletons in his closet though.

Glenn/Green Shenobi. He had this SEETHING conviction that Duckroll was a pedo.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #150 on: March 24, 2018, 04:31:41 PM »
Lol Timu u so dumb

Who do you think jack is
dur

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #151 on: March 24, 2018, 04:34:25 PM »
Lol Timu u so dumb

Who do you think jack is
stosta?  :doge

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #152 on: March 24, 2018, 04:39:30 PM »
timu :lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #153 on: March 24, 2018, 04:51:56 PM »
there can only be one filler  8)

agrajag

« Reply #154 on: March 24, 2018, 05:18:59 PM »
This is my 5th alt, i just keep naming them the same

thisismyusername

« Reply #155 on: March 24, 2018, 05:29:40 PM »
Lol Timu u so dumb

Who do you think jack is

If Jack is Glenn: Well played. Either way, that conviction that Duckroll was a pedo was misplaced.

agrajag

« Reply #156 on: March 24, 2018, 05:38:34 PM »
Anyone remember that douchebag Puddles

Tasty

« Reply #157 on: March 24, 2018, 06:48:24 PM »
the most distinguished mentally-challenged shit you've ever posted on the internet, including spanking it next to you siblings

...wait what

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2018, 06:52:33 PM »

...wait what
You aren't aware of that blithering distinguished mentally-challenged fellows one claim to fame? He was the disgusting creature that jerked off across from his sleeping sister and woke her up because his goon fingers couldn't plug the headphone in correctly. It was a totally funny GAF certified maymay (it was shit)
reckt

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #160 on: March 24, 2018, 07:07:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/march-for-our-lives-is-inspiring-and-important-i-hope-it-fails.31797/

maximum :derp

It's kind of strange to see the forum find that opinion wrong.  It's the ultimate purity test and they love that shit.
sigh

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #161 on: March 24, 2018, 07:20:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-didnt-like-odyssey-or-botw-as-much-as-i-wanted-to-and-its-super-depressing.31596/

Please forgive me for not being able to shill this toy enough, how can I atone for my sins?

It's because they're playing it wrong.

Nintendo added more content to these games so they'd last a bit longer in shorter game sessions on the go.
Play the main story and then boot up the game from time to time to get some moons.

It was never designed to sink a 100 hours on end in it.

When you play the same game day in day out sure, you get bored.  :doge
🤴

thetylerrob

« Reply #162 on: March 24, 2018, 07:33:32 PM »
Mod suck up threads make me want to end it all

Jansen

« Reply #163 on: March 24, 2018, 07:51:08 PM »

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #164 on: March 24, 2018, 07:57:20 PM »
My ERA crush is secretly Morrigan, but I can never confess my feelings because it will be construed as misogyny and sexual harassment and I'd be permed.

FStop7

Switters

« Reply #167 on: March 24, 2018, 08:22:39 PM »
Was Puddles the guy that brought guitars to parties and was like, "anyway, here's Wonderwall."

Pimpwerx
troll

Jansen

« Reply #168 on: March 24, 2018, 08:47:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5966060/

Quote from: Kyra, post: 5966060, member: 4695
Im serious when i ask this. Can someone explain to me what purity test is and how it applies here?

sure ya are

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #169 on: March 24, 2018, 08:53:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-resetera-user-do-you-have-a-crush-on-and-why.31784/

dude straight up makes the worst fucking threads

How did this thread get to six pages?

How is this dude still alive?

Morrigan, I like strong, high manteniance women : )
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-resetera-user-do-you-have-a-crush-on-and-why.31784/page-6

Jansen

« Reply #170 on: March 24, 2018, 09:07:09 PM »
 :girlaff high maintenance?

Switters

« Reply #171 on: March 24, 2018, 09:28:30 PM »
Finale Fireworker is some fat kid's gay dad.
troll

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #172 on: March 24, 2018, 09:42:36 PM »
hot
fat

Drainage

« Reply #173 on: March 24, 2018, 09:44:55 PM »
Better lock this down before anything interesting happens

Boredfrom

« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2018, 10:13:21 PM »

abby is good if just for the generational gap and different perspective, although when she tries to say anything clever the rest of the crew halts the momentum of the conversation to point it out and it sucks every time.

Nah, Ben and Abby can be funny when they dial down the obnoxious, is cute with Dan because seems genuine even when is not. They are better when they just act like themselves than having some word quirk (Abby is a fangirl and Ben always say the wrong information: Funny!). Thank god they buried that Dating Sim troll bait feature, they really wanted to push a bad joke to its limits.

Austin was okay, and he could be great if he just forgets the college activism stuff and trying to have his niche of woke followers. But Waypoint happened so he only doubling it down, what a waste.

benjipwns

« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2018, 10:17:08 PM »
Ben's calmed down and fit in better with Jeff. They do better with just the two of them. Dan went through a similar process with JeffDad.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #177 on: March 24, 2018, 10:21:53 PM »
Whoops

« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 10:32:41 PM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #179 on: March 24, 2018, 10:35:50 PM »
Moderation def lacks the teeth of the old forum though that seems to be by design at this point. Which is admittedly a tad confusing, given some of the current mods were the ones fighting for various marginalized groups at the old forum, but I assume they don't actually get to dictate policy here.

As for trans issue themselves it's the usual mix of fear/hate, and ppl not knowing about sex/gender differences in general. People also tend to only empathize with groups of people they know well, or are a member of.

This forum also has a tendency to be contrarian or for ppl to feel the need to play devil's advocate for some reason, no matter the topic.
I've had a couple of threads shut down by mods simply because a particular mod didn't the post. These threads contained no arguing but just to kill the thread. That's poor moderation.

If the thread makes people sad or possibly angry, they want to shut down discourse.

Threads such as:
Gun violence
Racism
Police Treatment.
Etc.

They don't want cages rattled to keep whoever happy.
:ohhh :money

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:putin
[close]