Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5908931 times)

marrec

Re: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« Reply #420 on: March 26, 2018, 01:37:05 PM »
I’m not sure what re really expects.

Ubisoft is like, trying to sell 10 million copies, and I suspect that in pursuit of that they want to make everything as vanillaly unoffensive as possible.

This is like expecting Disney to put in hard hitting social commentary into Black Panther, which they mostly avoided fairly deftly for the same reasons. They want Trump supporters to buy their shit too.

I haven't played Far Cry 5, but I'm assuming Black Panther is going to read like an ERA post compared to it. There's some strong political commentary littered throughout the poorly CG'd normal superhero schlock.

Expecting Ubi- "This Game Was Made By People Of All Backgrounds" -soft to insert any identifiable political stance is tantamount to self-harm.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #421 on: March 26, 2018, 01:40:28 PM »
These people should play The 25th Ward instead.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #422 on: March 26, 2018, 01:41:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/6015941/

Apparently insulting someone’s political ideology is hate speech.

That fucker got caught dismissing murder and advocating for it red handed, by saying they don't believe the tweet counts as hate speech. Should be a permanent ban tbh.

Taking a step back and looking at it: yeah anyone who says they’re happy someone died because of a different political ideology is stupid, but I don’t think he should have gone to jail for it.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #423 on: March 26, 2018, 01:44:23 PM »

That fucker got caught dismissing murder and advocating for it red handed, by saying they don't believe the tweet counts as hate speech. Should be a permanent ban tbh.

Taking a step back and looking at it: yeah anyone who says they’re happy someone died because of a different political ideology is stupid, but I don’t think he should have gone to jail for it.

I was talking about the ResetEra poster, not the guy who made the tweet. Hopefully the admins can alert the appropriate authorities so the poster can be punished in real life as well.

tummyfat

« Reply #424 on: March 26, 2018, 01:44:31 PM »

It's not like he taught a puppy how to wear a klan hood or something

FStop7

« Reply #425 on: March 26, 2018, 01:47:09 PM »
Thanks to the ReRe outrage dorks for reminding me to order FC5 so I can preload it tonight.  Your tears have helped sell at least one additional copy.  Keep up the good work.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #426 on: March 26, 2018, 01:49:30 PM »
I preordered the digital gold edition. I'm fucking ready to kill a diverse group of nondescript cultists.

marrec

« Reply #427 on: March 26, 2018, 01:51:30 PM »
Thanks to the ReRe outrage dorks for reminding me to order FC5 so I can preload it tonight.  Your tears have helped sell at least one additional copy.  Keep up the good work.

>Buying a copy of a milquetoast open world Ubisoft game to own the libs

Talk about self-harm

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #428 on: March 26, 2018, 01:53:54 PM »
Shut up Meg Marrec.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #429 on: March 26, 2018, 01:54:02 PM »

Talk about self-harm
People bought Wolfenstein

FStop7

« Reply #430 on: March 26, 2018, 01:54:29 PM »

Talk about self-harm

Or maybe it's just an open world jankfest that's fun to play, same as the four previous Far Cry games.

Assign deep meaning to video games because your life has none, breh.

And calling anyone on Reject a "lib" is hilarious.  Those motherfuckers sprout boners at the thought of being able to suppress anything they dislike.

marrec

« Reply #431 on: March 26, 2018, 01:54:50 PM »

Talk about self-harm
People bought Wolfenstein

Fuck I bought Wolfenstein

:beli

marrec

« Reply #432 on: March 26, 2018, 01:56:20 PM »
Assign deep meaning to video games because your life has none, breh.

Your tears have helped sell at least one additional copy.  Keep up the good work.

:neogaf

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #433 on: March 26, 2018, 01:56:27 PM »
At least wait for it to go on sale for $30 a week or two from now.
©@©™

marrec

« Reply #434 on: March 26, 2018, 01:57:52 PM »

I'll get it in some Humble Monthly Bundle two years from now and REALLY own the libs

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #435 on: March 26, 2018, 02:01:37 PM »

« Reply #436 on: March 26, 2018, 02:01:43 PM »
:huh i don't get this one, marrec's been around for years?

marrec is an anagram of Cream with an extra R. I think you'll find that's a hundred times more evidence than he gives for the shite he posts

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #437 on: March 26, 2018, 02:04:01 PM »
:huh i don't get this one, marrec's been around for years?

marrec is an anagram of Cream with an extra R. I think you'll find that's a hundred times more evidence than he gives for the shite he posts

:whoo
🤴

EightBitNate

« Reply #438 on: March 26, 2018, 02:04:11 PM »
I always got the feeling Marrec was a white guy. Otherwise he would constantly remind you of his minority status.

marrec

« Reply #439 on: March 26, 2018, 02:05:09 PM »
I always got the feeling Marrec was a white guy. Otherwise he would constantly remind you of his minority status.

I mean, hell, I posted my photo multiple times during Real Pic January so it shouldn't be a mystery.

stufte

« Reply #440 on: March 26, 2018, 02:05:14 PM »
isn't Marrec Fictions IRL brother or cousin or some shit?

tummyfat

« Reply #441 on: March 26, 2018, 02:07:10 PM »
Isn't Fiction a mod now?

Is that why marrec posts inane drivel all day long and will never be banned.

Yes. The answer is yes.

EightBitNate

« Reply #442 on: March 26, 2018, 02:07:19 PM »

I mean, hell, I posted my photo multiple times during Real Pic January so it shouldn't be a mystery.

>going out of my way to look at the faces of people who post on a video game forum

No thanks.

marrec

« Reply #443 on: March 26, 2018, 02:08:29 PM »

>going out of my way to look at the faces of people who post on a video game forum

No thanks.

Good point.

Isn't Fiction a mod now?

Is that why marrec posts inane drivel all day long and will never be banned.

Yes. The answer is yes.

I post all my inane drivel here since the mods can't be asked to do anything

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #444 on: March 26, 2018, 02:12:27 PM »
This is hate speech.

Oh wait, is this game even on Switch or is this one of those shitty devs that's jealous of Nintendo?

benjipwns

« Reply #445 on: March 26, 2018, 02:13:25 PM »
This is like expecting Disney to put in hard hitting social commentary into Black Panther, which they mostly avoided fairly deftly for the same reasons. They want Trump supporters to buy their shit too.
Um, Disney's Marvel's Black Panther was not a movie, it was a revolution.

benjipwns

« Reply #446 on: March 26, 2018, 02:18:27 PM »
wait, i think we're supposed to be opposed to that revolution now:
The offenses don’t end, though. If one surveys the Marvel cinematic universe, one finds that the main villains—even those far more destructive than Killmonger—die infrequently. They are formidable enemies who live to challenge the hero again and again. A particularly poignant example is Loki, brother to Thor, the God of Thunder. Across the Thor and Avengers movies that feature him, Loki is single-handedly responsible for incalculable misery and damage; his power play leads to an alien invasion that nearly levels all of Manhattan. Yet Thor cannot seem to manage any more violence against Loki than slapping him around a bit and allowing other heroes to do the same—even as Loki tries to kill Thor. Loki even gets his turn to be a good guy in the recent Thor: Ragnarok. Loki gets multiple, unearned chances to redeem himself no matter what damage he has done. Killmonger, however, will not appear in another movie. He does not get a second chance. His black life did not matter even in a world of flying cars and miracle medicine. Why? Perhaps Killmonger’s main dream to free black people everywhere decisively earns him the fate of death. We know from previous Marvel movies that Killmonger’s desire for revenge is not the necessary condition to eliminate him; Loki’s seeming permanence is proof.

My claim that Killmonger’s black life does not matter is not hyperbole. In a macabre scene meant to be touching, Black Panther carries Killmonger to a plateau so that he might see the sun set on Wakanda before dying. With a spear stuck in his chest, he fulfills his wish to appreciate the splendor his father described, when Wakanda seemed a fairy tale. T’Challa offers Wakanda’s technology to save Killmonger’s life—it has saved the white CIA agent earlier in the film. But Killmonger recalls his slave heritage and tells Panther he’d rather die than live in bondage. He knows the score. He knows that Panther will incarcerate him (as is disproportionately common for black American men). The silence that follows seems to last an eternity.
Instead, Black Panther is set on a course to kill off his cousin in his first outing, suggesting yet another racist trope, the fractured black family as a microcosm of the black community’s inability to get it together.
Killmonger yanks the spear out of his chest and dies. The sun sets on his body as it did on Michael Brown’s.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 02:22:38 PM by benjipwns »

« Reply #447 on: March 26, 2018, 02:21:55 PM »
The pedo anime complaint thread is back.

It's the same as all the others.

"I am so disturbed by it, it's disgusting.

Now let me describe dozens of examples of this phenomenon with encyclopedic knowledge."

if cosmicblizzard isnt on the list he should be

Not my fault good artists draw questionable shit. 

etiolate

« Reply #448 on: March 26, 2018, 02:24:36 PM »
Waypoint is killing it if it refers to Waypoint itself.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #449 on: March 26, 2018, 02:26:01 PM »
Man, REEEE is triggered af that Far Cry 5 isn't a blatant Trump supporter murder simulator.

Link?
Uncle

« Reply #450 on: March 26, 2018, 02:26:16 PM »
I remember this one manga were a dude fucks a baby and then throws it in a blender. I should make that my Ree avatar if I ever start posting there. Think it was some fucked up red riding hood manga.

Edit:

:nsfw

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

It's called Tokyo Red Hood apparently TVC. Enjoy.

The baby blender thing is Mai-chan's Daily Life.  Tokyo Red Hood is something else.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #451 on: March 26, 2018, 02:27:07 PM »

They put fake Trump and other relevant at the time shit in Watch_Dogs 2. I also love how weak the social shit in that game was. Hack into a pedophile's house. Hack his electrical toothbrush to make the batteries run out. The distinguished mentally-challenged fellow characters high-fiving each other. "We sure showed that pedophile!"

I fucking loved Watchdogs and found WD2 thoroughly disappointing. Not because of the diversity, but because of the forced fucking diversity. Look! We have a black, a trans, an autistic! Diversity rules you guys! Now let us hack the establishment and give free rent to the working class!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 02:34:07 PM by Kurt Russell »
woke

« Reply #452 on: March 26, 2018, 02:27:46 PM »
It’s kind of weird seeing Mauricio come out condemning underage sexualization in that thread. Maybe I had a bad read on him and he just liked the EO series for the gameplay.

:punch :punch :punch :punch :punch :punch :punch :punch :punch

:bow Etrian Odyssey :bow2

benjipwns

« Reply #453 on: March 26, 2018, 02:28:23 PM »
If your’e the type of person who wants to make and a 60 dollar transaction and have it positively effect the leftist movement while also aggrivating the right. Far cry 5 might not be the “FU” that your looking for and that money might be better spent on wolfenstein 2
:dead

marrec

« Reply #454 on: March 26, 2018, 02:29:55 PM »
If your’e the type of person who wants to make and a 60 dollar transaction and have it positively effect the leftist movement while also aggrivating the right. Far cry 5 might not be the “FU” that your looking for and that money might be better spent on wolfenstein 2
:dead

Who is fuckin' saying these things about video games (tm)?

Kurt Russell

« Reply #455 on: March 26, 2018, 02:33:01 PM »
fuck
woke

stufte

« Reply #456 on: March 26, 2018, 02:33:17 PM »
Hi Hydrophilic Attack, you should hop on here and chat with us.

benjipwns

« Reply #457 on: March 26, 2018, 02:34:48 PM »
Protest? Volunteer? Sorry, I already sent $60 to ZeniMax and GameStop. :snob

Kurt Russell

« Reply #458 on: March 26, 2018, 02:35:48 PM »

User warned: Doxxing soy boys
woke

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #459 on: March 26, 2018, 02:36:52 PM »
The pedo anime complaint thread is back.

It's the same as all the others.

"I am so disturbed by it, it's disgusting.

Now let me describe dozens of examples of this phenomenon with encyclopedic knowledge."

I mean that's how OT deals with politics.  The ability of excelsiorif to seemingly be aware of every racist on twitter and every academic on earth who is conservative it's bizarre.  How much time in a day do you have to devote to reading hate blogs to find that obscure crap?
sigh

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #460 on: March 26, 2018, 02:37:40 PM »
Malaysian government threatens 10-year prison sentences for pushing fake news

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/26/17163920/malaysia-fake-news-law-proposal-election-najib-razak

A Reetarian Utopia!
sigh

marrec

« Reply #461 on: March 26, 2018, 02:39:19 PM »
Protest? Volunteer? Sorry, I already sent $60 to ZeniMax and GameStop. :snob

Just as bad as FStop7 buying FC5 cause of "ERA tears".

Buy video games cause you think you'll enjoy them brehs, you're not making a political statement with your PS4.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #462 on: March 26, 2018, 02:39:37 PM »
Will buying Far Cry 5 cancel out my Kingdom Come Deliverance purchase?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #463 on: March 26, 2018, 02:40:34 PM »
The only time I've ever not bought something I probably would have from a developer was Phil Fish, boy did I dislike that asshole.

marrec

« Reply #464 on: March 26, 2018, 02:41:27 PM »

No, you'll need to buy a few LGBTQ made indie dating sims to cancel that

stufte

« Reply #465 on: March 26, 2018, 02:41:38 PM »

Nope, you're going to have to buy at LEAST gone home, undertale, that dragon cancer, and at least 5 other non CIS developed indie games.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #466 on: March 26, 2018, 02:42:51 PM »

If it's Vanilla KCD, then you're good with Far Cry 5 and Sunset.

If you you go with KCD DLC, you'll need to also dip in for Revolution 60.
woke

EightBitNate

« Reply #467 on: March 26, 2018, 02:44:41 PM »
The only time I've ever not bought something I probably would have from a developer was Phil Fish, boy did I dislike that asshole.

Fez is a great game though. It’s been given away by XBL and PSN in the past. You missed out.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #468 on: March 26, 2018, 02:46:43 PM »

Fez is a great game though. It’s been given away by XBL and PSN in the past. You missed out.
I'm not the fomo type, there's many great games a year and I am never going to play them all anyway. also if i wanted to get it i would have on humble bundle and give him nothing

benjipwns

« Reply #469 on: March 26, 2018, 02:47:27 PM »
Hmm, I'm starting to think buying indie bundles might not be the most effective route to eliminating the state.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #470 on: March 26, 2018, 02:48:06 PM »
So I can make a shitty game and the idiots will buy it because they want to make a political statement?  :doge

I'm going to develop the Open Borders game. $200 collectors digital deluxe edition on Steam.

In this badly drawn 2D pixel art game you open the borders and let everyone into fictitious countries named The United Provinces, Bermany and Telgium.
Incredible 1 button gameplay for all ages to enjoy and all conservatives hate this game. Buy it now!
🤴

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #471 on: March 26, 2018, 02:49:07 PM »
Hmm, I'm starting to think buying indie bundles might not be the quickest route to eliminating the state.
buy multiple copies of digital homicide's games and gift them to reegaffers, that will start a chain of events that will lead to a MAD scenario between Russia and the US.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #472 on: March 26, 2018, 02:50:14 PM »
It’s kind of weird seeing Mauricio come out condemning underage sexualization in that thread. Maybe I had a bad read on him and he just liked the EO series for the gameplay.

Amirox was pretty heavy handed on KTs too breh

kingv

« Reply #473 on: March 26, 2018, 02:50:27 PM »
I’m not sure what re really expects.

Ubisoft is like, trying to sell 10 million copies, and I suspect that in pursuit of that they want to make everything as vanillaly unoffensive as possible.

I haven't played Far Cry 5, but I'm assuming Black Panther is going to read like an ERA post compared to it. There's some strong political commentary littered throughout the poorly CG'd normal superhero schlock.

Expecting Ubi- "This Game Was Made By People Of All Backgrounds" -soft to insert any identifiable political stance is tantamount to self-harm.

It’s definitely more ppolitical than most of the MCU films, though I kind of remember Winter a soldier as having some sort of semi-strong anti-government bent to it as well... but it was basically never really addressed again in subsequent films.

That said, I think the biggest political statement of black panther was “hey you can have a big budget blockbuster film with black creators in lead creative positions and black actors and still be successful”. It also upends a few tropes. I think those things are important, but it’s entirely possiblye to just watch it with the same level of engagement as Ant-Man and get nothing extra out of it.

My cynical side says that pushing the black creators was a marketing move designed in part to deflect criticism of a property that is sort of a large sampling of National Geographic tribal Africa arcticles with laser beams.

Showing a bunch of people that are the most technologically advanced in the land, but still practice ritualistic body modification is kind of weird to me, like, “no matter how much Africa advances they’re still sort of backwards”.

marrec

« Reply #474 on: March 26, 2018, 02:51:38 PM »
So I can make a shitty game and the idiots will buy it because they want to make a political statement?  :doge

I'm going to develop the Open Borders game. $200 collectors digital deluxe edition on Steam.

In this badly drawn 2D pixel art game you open the borders and let everyone into fictitious countries named The United Provinces, Bermany and Telgium.
Incredible 1 button gameplay for all ages to enjoy and all conservatives hate this game. Buy it now!

I mean, Kingdom Come Deliverance is by all accounts a mediocre RPG that's had rip-roaring success targeting a specific group, so sure why not?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #475 on: March 26, 2018, 02:52:11 PM »

I mean, Kingdom Come Deliverance is by all accounts a mediocre RPG that's had rip-roaring success targeting a specific group, so sure why not?
People who like the Witcher and Zenimax quality control?
🤴

Kurt Russell

« Reply #476 on: March 26, 2018, 02:53:18 PM »

That's entirely not what happened. We're currently at Cream levels of misrepresentation.
woke

marrec

« Reply #477 on: March 26, 2018, 02:53:35 PM »

People who like the Witcher and Zenimax quality control?

Sure ya, people who like bad games, I didn't wanna say that outright but you went ahead and put it out there.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #478 on: March 26, 2018, 02:53:36 PM »
I really hate that a large chunk of entertainment is so far gone that people would buy any garbage that salves their political boo-boos

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #479 on: March 26, 2018, 02:53:50 PM »
Showing a bunch of people that are the most technologically advanced in the land, but still practice ritualistic body modification is kind of weird to me, like, “no matter how much Africa advances they’re still sort of backwards”.

*Chucks future techno-spear at this post*