Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5911545 times)

Boredfrom

Re: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« Reply #9000 on: May 18, 2018, 08:24:00 AM »
I felt like asking devs to remove content in a month after years of allowing this stuff and making money out of it is a shit move regardless of “loli is/isn’t CP” sperging.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #9001 on: May 18, 2018, 09:36:48 AM »
That Gaspard Noé thread was amazing. So typical of nerd culture and why I hate it despite having grown up as one. Transparently envious and getting so hard at the idea of being the alpha of the cultural totem pole they can't help but lash at everything to drag it down to the level of their artistic mud out of insecurity.
But, imagine thinking Black Panther isn't the most relevant blockbuster film in like a decade.

Gasper is like Lars Von Trier, a tear-stained semi-literate shock jock...

Just comes off as an edgelord

I at least thought he was a prominent voice in the black community but he's not so what's the point?

benjipwns

« Reply #9002 on: May 18, 2018, 10:01:54 AM »
Haven't seen Black Panther yet
jeez another one, i'm starting to not feel safe around here

just remember benji, we'll now always be able to say, "wakanda forever"

benjipwns

« Reply #9003 on: May 18, 2018, 10:13:32 AM »
someone ask ERA if pirating Disney's Marvel's Black Panther is a hate crime and if so where it ranks compared to wearing a MAGA hat

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #9004 on: May 18, 2018, 10:23:52 AM »
Audioboxer caught a perma for "posting ponography"

https://www.resetera.com/threads/valve-requesting-sexual-content-be-censored-in-steam-games-or-theyll-be-removed.43350/page-18#post-8060091

Seems very harsh for one slip up and I wouldn't be surprised if some mods had him on a hitlist.

benjipwns

« Reply #9005 on: May 18, 2018, 10:28:49 AM »
Valve continues to be the worst company in the world.

Thank god I dont use steam anymore.
it's good to learn there are still heroes in our bleak world

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #9006 on: May 18, 2018, 10:29:37 AM »
Eh. Seems like Initial D is destined to be the only anime I’ve ever bothered with. Still, I did really enjoy that one when he wasn’t chasing that bird that had the sugar daddy.

Cowboy Bebop. :wag :wag :wag

Boredfrom

« Reply #9007 on: May 18, 2018, 10:38:09 AM »
Eh. Seems like Initial D is destined to be the only anime I’ve ever bothered with. Still, I did really enjoy that one when he wasn’t chasing that bird that had the sugar daddy.

Cowboy Bebop. :wag :wag :wag

Monster.

benjipwns

« Reply #9008 on: May 18, 2018, 10:40:04 AM »
ACTIONED:
As this thread is devolving into a discussion on the sexualization of minors, we are locking this thread immediately.

Boredfrom

« Reply #9009 on: May 18, 2018, 10:43:25 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/valve-requesting-sexual-content-be-censored-in-steam-games-or-theyll-be-removed.43350/page-18#post-8060091

Seems very harsh for one slip up and I wouldn't be surprised if some mods had him on a hitlist.

He was probably in the hit list since a while.

SmokyDave

« Reply #9010 on: May 18, 2018, 11:03:12 AM »

Audioboxer has consistently made posts that make me think ‘why the fuck are you wasting time on that shithole when you’re a real human with actual life experience’. I’m sorta relieved the era mods spotted them and ostracised them.

jorma

« Reply #9011 on: May 18, 2018, 11:20:24 AM »
Yeah, it was always gonna happen, he made important people angry by sometimes posting wrongthink and leaving them with impotent rage because they lacked the skillset to argue against him and also he would never slip up. Until now.

Boredfrom

« Reply #9012 on: May 18, 2018, 11:23:48 AM »
From that thread about “the French director that doesn’t like my favorite Disney film”

It’s basically a white supremacist dog whistle to make up stupid reason to hate Black Panther, yell it on the mountain and then hide behind a dislike of “superhero action movies”

I’m pretty sure he is not probably aware of US centric alt right dog whistles.

Another out of touch "artsy" filmmaker. And they wonder why nobody watches their boring films. And that was before he dropped this coded racist comments.

He just won a Award in Cannes...

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #9013 on: May 18, 2018, 11:36:34 AM »
BP was great but at the end of the day, it's just a superhero movie  :idont

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #9014 on: May 18, 2018, 11:43:02 AM »
Not that I disagree with your overall point but who cares.
this is one of those anti snobbery comments that succeeds in becoming its own kind of snobbery.
每天生气

Jansen

« Reply #9015 on: May 18, 2018, 11:44:43 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/8056978/

Fucking hell, at least they banned him.

There's more nuanced discussion about peado shit than there is about whether not liking R&B is racist.

I told y'all that was holybaikal lol

agrajag

« Reply #9016 on: May 18, 2018, 11:46:42 AM »
this is one of those anti snobbery comments that succeeds in becoming its own kind of snobbery.

The most amazing comments in that thread are all the "this guy is so salty about Black Panther"..... in a thread that is a salt mine because a French arthouse director doesn't like their favorite Disney film.

:neogaf

shosta

« Reply #9017 on: May 18, 2018, 11:50:08 AM »
The most amazing comments in that thread are all the "this guy is so salty about Black Panther"..... in a thread that is a salt mine because a French arthouse director doesn't like their favorite Disney film.

yeah, also I'm not surprised an older French guy didn't care for an R&B soundtrack!
每天生气

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9018 on: May 18, 2018, 11:57:22 AM »

Gaming nerds bring Metacritic culture to movies.  :yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck

"Oh no, some Frenchman that I've never heard of but is probably very knowledgeable about film history and criticism has some complaints about this mega budget tentpole movie that I've decided to attach a portion of my self-worth to the Tomatometer rating of. Time to REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"
©@©™

Boredfrom

« Reply #9019 on: May 18, 2018, 11:57:53 AM »
He just won a Award in Cannes...

Fair enough. Just saying that the arty film circuit probably is not interested in the summer blockbuster’s money. Winning in Cannes probably is more important to him, career wise, than go filming a Hollywood film.

benjipwns

« Reply #9020 on: May 18, 2018, 12:20:47 PM »
My least favorite retort in RE to any criticism is "Well it made a lot of money, the RT score is high, lots of people seem to enjoy it" and I'm like who cares? Making money doesn't mean something is absolved of criticism. It really sucks since I tend to like discussing movies, games and shit online. When all you have is popularity or review scores to plop up then it's a waste of time talking to you.
give this post more likes to debunk wrath's argument

tummyfat

« Reply #9021 on: May 18, 2018, 12:24:45 PM »
Gaspar 'Noe Blacks Allowed'

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #9022 on: May 18, 2018, 12:42:25 PM »
BP was great but at the end of the day, it's just a superhero movie  :idont

You're transparent af; your slip is showing; tell us how you really feel etc.

thetylerrob

« Reply #9023 on: May 18, 2018, 12:46:09 PM »

Audioboxer has consistently made posts that make me think ‘why the fuck are you wasting time on that shithole when you’re a real human with actual life experience’. I’m sorta relieved the era mods spotted them and ostracised them.
Yeah he was wrongthinking yesterday about some shitty God of War article on Waypoint. Mods definitely took their shot.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #9024 on: May 18, 2018, 12:55:54 PM »
I liked BP less than Infinity War and more than 2016 Ghostbusters.

FStop7

« Reply #9025 on: May 18, 2018, 01:17:43 PM »
So Jordan Peterson is one of those Red Pill/MGTOW simps?

lol

He's a gasbag who latched onto sexually frustrated neckbeards as a source of fame and income.

paprikastaude

« Reply #9026 on: May 18, 2018, 01:18:50 PM »
Haven't seen Black Panther yet but I don't get being upset at Gasper Noe not liking it. Artsy filmmakers always hate on big blockbusters, justified or not. Godard used to slam Spielberg all the time.

He didn't bash a movie but Disney's historic social movement.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #9027 on: May 18, 2018, 01:19:08 PM »

Where does Monkeybone fit in there?

It sits lower than BP for sure. Somewhere between Get Out and 12 Years a Slave.

Boredfrom

« Reply #9028 on: May 18, 2018, 01:21:44 PM »
I have zero patience for someone's opinion about a movie they didn't even bother to watch. Movies are only 2 hours. If I really hate a movie I'll stick it out just so that I can shit all over it from a place of authority.

or you could leave...

kingv

« Reply #9029 on: May 18, 2018, 01:22:53 PM »
So Jordan Peterson is one of those Red Pill/MGTOW simps?

lol

He's a gasbag who latched onto sexually frustrated neckbeards as a source of fame and income.

Shosta cannot grow a beard.

kingv

« Reply #9030 on: May 18, 2018, 01:24:48 PM »

2016 ghostbusters was really a bad movie. I would say it is actually worse than GB2. It’s just not very funny. GB2 at least has a few good moments.

I would also personally put BP higher than infinity war. For some reason I really didn’t like Inifinity War. The performances all fell really flat to me

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #9031 on: May 18, 2018, 01:34:45 PM »
Oh I see, it’s a cartoon about some kids with Down’s syndrome that like strawberries?

That strangely works.

I'll make you a wager, name a genre and I will be able to find an anime in said genre you'd like.
Y’know, I don’t actually know which genres I enjoy. I watched Initial D because I’ll watch anything that shows love to cars and car culture. I tend to enjoy darker films / series, and I fucking despise anything that has very clear ‘good’ and ‘bad’ guys. Ideally, I like works where the good guy is actually just the least bad guy. I watch very little on TV as a result. So I like horror / psychologically uncomfortable works, but they need to have a degree of ‘grey area’ to them.

Honestly smoky, the thought that you might die before getting to watch Cowboy Bebop fills me with deep sadness.

I know when you were young you probably saw some cringey highschool hentai romance bullshit that scarred you psychologically deeply, but they're not all like that. Just because you got hurt once doesn't mean you have to seal yourself shut to new anime experiences.

paprikastaude

« Reply #9032 on: May 18, 2018, 01:39:36 PM »
I haven't seen Ghosterbusters, Black Panther or Infinity War, because these Marvel movies feel very appalling to me. I sadly found enjoyment in the problematic Ghostbusters review of RLM though. How close am I to joining the next KKK march? Can a mod please check my posting history and punish me accordingly if necessary  :uguu

kingv

« Reply #9033 on: May 18, 2018, 01:41:12 PM »
The only anime I watch is fist of the North Star cuz I’m not a fekkit.

Maybe vampire hunter d. I also saw dark city but there was too much tentacle rape.

agrajag

« Reply #9034 on: May 18, 2018, 01:43:02 PM »
Who knew, Messofanego turned out to be proof of concept for Jordan Peterson's prescription for fixing society's angry single men problem. I'm sure Messo is happy with his enforced monogamy arrangement.

Switters

« Reply #9035 on: May 18, 2018, 02:02:16 PM »
Does Mess know he's marrying an InMar? (Involuntarily Married) Could be problematic.
troll

« Reply #9036 on: May 18, 2018, 02:09:00 PM »
Does Mess know he's marrying an InMar? (Involuntarily Married) Could be problematic.

Like most feminists, forced marriage isnt something he's worried about, it's not a real feminist problem like anime tits and not watching black panther

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9037 on: May 18, 2018, 02:17:37 PM »
I also saw dark city but there was too much tentacle rape.

First of all, Dark City is an Alex Proyas movie, you pleb. You're probably thinking of Wicked City. And second of all, too much tentacle rape is a point that has never been reached.  :delicious
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9038 on: May 18, 2018, 02:20:40 PM »
I also saw dark city but there was too much tentacle rape.

First of all, Dark City is an Alex Proyas movie, you pleb. You're probably thinking of Wicked City. And second of all, too much tentacle rape is a point that has never been reached.  :delicious
:clap

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9039 on: May 18, 2018, 02:26:04 PM »
Wow banning age fluid relationships but not members named HitlerKitten88 at least we now KNOW which side Valve is on.
Guess GamerGate can chalk down another victory huh.  :doge
🤴

SmokyDave

« Reply #9040 on: May 18, 2018, 03:06:59 PM »
I just read a post essentially saying that racists think Chuck Berry was an R&B artist. Now, as a man of impeccable racial politics, I’m perturbed. I might have misinterpreted the post because I’m too mashed to even bother copying the link here.

(Image removed from quote.)

Honestly smoky, the thought that you might die before getting to watch Cowboy Bebop fills me with deep sadness.

I know when you were young you probably saw some cringey highschool hentai romance bullshit that scarred you psychologically deeply, but they're not all like that. Just because you got hurt once doesn't mean you have to seal yourself shut to new anime experiences.
I don’t know if it’s my age (nearly 40) or location (England) or what, but that shit just totally passed me by. I watched Akira when some ex-missus insisted it was the best thing since the blowjob, and I heard about Initial D through other channels, but that was it. Like Pokemon, it took place somewhere off to the side of my world, virtually invisible to me.

Obviously recent exposure through Vita games and GAF/Reset ain’t give me a great impression, but I appreciate the older stuff looks very different.

Leadbelly

« Reply #9041 on: May 18, 2018, 03:17:00 PM »
I just read a post essentially saying that racists think Chuck Berry was an R&B artist. Now, as a man of impeccable racial politics, I’m perturbed. I might have misinterpreted the post because I’m too mashed to even bother copying the link here.

I'm guessing they probably mean people who deny Chuck Berry was a Rock 'n Roll artist. It's just pointless nonsense either way.

Averon

« Reply #9042 on: May 18, 2018, 03:26:08 PM »

So they finally clipped Audioboxer. The guy was, by far, one of the most sensible people there, not immediately falling in line and going with the group think. So of course they were itching to ban him for any innocuous reason. Just like RedHill in that cop shooting thread. In particular, any controversial subject/news item out of Europe will have far less push back against Reee's typical extreme/histrionic/authoritarian reactions.

And yet if you accuse them of being a hivemind, they get pissy and swear up and down they are not.

SmokyDave

« Reply #9043 on: May 18, 2018, 03:28:52 PM »

I'm guessing they probably mean people who deny Chuck Berry was a Rock 'n Roll artist. It's just pointless nonsense either way.
Oh, I suppose. Can’t be arsed to find the post again, but I know it made me pull a puzzled face.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #9044 on: May 18, 2018, 03:45:14 PM »
Chuck Berry developed rhythm and blues into the major elements of rock and roll. 50s R&B is not R. Kelly type singing.
Oi Oi

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #9045 on: May 18, 2018, 03:45:49 PM »
Cowboy Bebop has action, but it's not a power fantasy a lot of anime tends to be. It has space travel but sticks to realism (outside of maybe one episode). It's funny, but it's not a comedy.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #9046 on: May 18, 2018, 03:49:26 PM »
Cowboy Bebop has action, but it's not a power fantasy a lot of anime tends to be. It has space travel but sticks to realism (outside of maybe one episode). It's funny, but it's not a comedy.

My grandpa brought back a jap skull from Iwo Jima and I’ll be goddamned if I watch their filthy cartoons.
Oi Oi

Bore Expert

« Reply #9047 on: May 18, 2018, 04:00:31 PM »
Let’s not forget the video of Chuck Berry farting into a hookers mouth

:delicious

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #9048 on: May 18, 2018, 04:13:40 PM »
Cowboy Bebop is boring as fuck

>:(

dude, come on now. i'm not even a fan of anime but... come on.

« Reply #9049 on: May 18, 2018, 04:19:01 PM »
virgin Cowboy Bebop vs the chad Outlaw Star

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #9050 on: May 18, 2018, 04:19:44 PM »
Let’s not forget the video of Chuck Berry farting into a hookers mouth

:delicious

"You know that new sound you were looking for? Well listen to THIS!"
rub

Averon

« Reply #9051 on: May 18, 2018, 04:23:05 PM »
Shower Alf responds to Evilore's incoherant rant:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/jason-schreier-kotaku-wins-3-kunkel-awards-and-drama-appears.1462300/page-5#post-253263337

Cannot wait to see what crazy shit EL will post in response. Also, those sycophants for EL are seriously pathetic.

shosta

« Reply #9052 on: May 18, 2018, 04:26:28 PM »
That post will definitely get scrubbed, so quoting for posterity.

You being the monster, battling monsters and performing miracles. Definitely no longer out of touch with reality and not a narcissist.

Your incoherent short story ramblings don't explain any of your past behavior of being a cunty creepy lying weirdo and once again you're claiming to be the victim. '6 people liked your post' are the enablers that let you think you're a reasonable person but you're a deviant creepy weirdo to the core. You're not a likable person, you're only a cunt. The posters here sucking you off couldn't be any more obvious and pathetic. You've learnt nothing.

See a psychiatrist, show them your short story ramblings as there is something seriously wrong with you.
每天生气

Averon

« Reply #9053 on: May 18, 2018, 04:48:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/8072397/

Or you know he just doesn't like the music. News flash not every thing has to be liked

Anyways, why would a bigot cast a movie with PoC and transgender people?

In response....

https://www.resetera.com/posts/8072499/

What a stupid “I have a black friend” question

You are way too oblivious

SmokyDave

« Reply #9054 on: May 18, 2018, 04:50:12 PM »
Chuck Berry developed rhythm and blues into the major elements of rock and roll. 50s R&B is not R. Kelly type singing.
Yeah, with all due respect to the epic duel of Brandy vs Monica, I just defaulted to the 50’s definition of R&B when I read it. Still, spent my afternoon listening to Chuck Berry so it worked out either way.

jorma

« Reply #9055 on: May 18, 2018, 04:58:24 PM »
Quote from: Messofanego, post: 8077749, member: 1159
I don't buy the cultural differences argument considering France is 2nd to America for the hip hop culture since the 80s. Especially where Gaspar Noe resides, Paris, and he has used the same actor from La Haine (1995), Vincent Cassel, which is the film that put him on the map and which he surely must have watched before he hired him for Irreversible (2002).
Gaspar Noe generally thought the music was bad in Black Panther. The Black Panther soundtrack is mostly African music and hip hop, with like just two r&b songs.

http://www.complex.com/music/2016/02/the-best-of-french-hip-hop/
Although America is clearly at the top of the hip-hop food chain, France has always been a fairly close second, with a thriving scene that dates back to the mid-80s. A huge factor in the development of French hip-hop was the TV show HIPHOPaired, which featured music videos and live performances from global rap artists (even Kurtis Blow passed through one time). The show even pre-dated Yo! MTV Raps, suggesting that mainstream French culture was more ready to accept hip-hop than America was at that time.

Like hip-hop across the pond, and most other cultures, it was birthed in France through political movement and was used as a tool to protest the treatment of poverty-stricken citizens in Parisian ghettos and the racial discrimination immigrants and their children faced. It really was (and still is) their one true voice. The scene there has rapidly developed into something incredibly diverse-sounding—political hip-hop is still at the core, but gangsta and jazz-infused rap has also risen to prominence.

Rap evolved in France in a very similar way to what happened in the States but on a slight time delay, as it was the mid-90s where legends really started to be created. Some of this was thanks to the influence of Mathieu Kassovitz's iconic film, La Haine (which is basically a French Do The Right Thing), and its thumping hip-hop soundtrack that included pioneering groups such as Assassin and NTM. The French hip hop scene is still booming today, especially in Paris, which has a fierce underground scene and where most of the country's prominent rappers reside.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/dpkej7/vincent-cassel-interview
In squats in the 19th arrondissement and clubs like Le Globo and Le Bobino, Cassel was witness to the birth of French hip-hop. "It was very mixed," he recalls, of the crowds and the places. "It was the area of Jean-Paul Goude and Jean-Baptiste Mondino, but at the same time it was the beginning of hip-hop, and we had Public Enemy dropping by and all these kids from the street playing music that nobody would listen to. They weren't playing beats anywhere else – everything was very poppy and, let's face it, very white. We were different, we were dressed different," he trails off. "I don't know – it was real funky."

Imagine spending all this time debunking a comment that Noe probably forgot 30 seconds after saying it.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #9056 on: May 18, 2018, 05:14:13 PM »
france being second to america for hiphop LOL yeah sure buddy

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #9057 on: May 18, 2018, 05:47:48 PM »
Eski eski beat, muthafuckas.
Noé work with an actor familiar with hip hop, ergo his hate for some song in Black Panther must be in bad faith.
ὕβρις

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #9058 on: May 18, 2018, 06:20:30 PM »
Should I rent Black Panther tonight? I haven’t seen it yet. My family is white.
Oi Oi

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #9059 on: May 18, 2018, 06:24:56 PM »
Should I rent Black Panther tonight? I haven’t seen it yet. My family is white.

Once you go Marvel, you never go back. Welcome to the Resistance.
ὕβρις