Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5878331 times)

Nabbis

• oops
Re: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« Reply #9240 on: May 20, 2018, 08:32:30 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/palestinians-want-freedom-just-like-anyone-else.43708/

And we will give them freedom by going crazy on a internet forum.

paprikastaude

« Reply #9241 on: May 20, 2018, 08:37:40 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/eurogamer-leaks-suggest-retro-studios-making-star-fox-racing-spin-off-also-heard-by-egs-sources.42395/page-123

Horny furries coming out the woodwork in a Starfox thread. That's why this series sucks. Well that, and the fact that only the first game is really good.

agrajag

« Reply #9242 on: May 20, 2018, 08:43:12 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/eurogamer-leaks-suggest-retro-studios-making-star-fox-racing-spin-off-also-heard-by-egs-sources.42395/page-123

Horny furries coming out the woodwork in a Starfox thread. That's why this series sucks. Well that, and the fact that only the first game is really good.

The first game is a barely playable 10fps mess with colored triangles flying around. Star Fox 64 >>>>>>>

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9243 on: May 20, 2018, 09:07:23 AM »
Do not damage our brand

Only we have the privilege of running it into the fucking ground.

Budget my ass. Stinkles should just admit that Don Mattrick wanted to sell Xboxes and Kinect and all the hot shots (including one Clifford Bleszinski) said PC gaming was dead.
They're all slightly more white versions of Keiji Inafune who declared Japanese games dead, made a load of garbage to proof his point and nearly brought Capcom to ruin just because he wanted to be one of the cool kids.

I know that by default Halo productions were and are mismanaged af but there's no reason some third tier developer couldn't have ported the HALO's to PC.
Could've been a job for Rare instead of making Avatars.  :neogaf

Also reminds me to the days where you'd be banned on GAF if you criticized the shitty texture work in HALO Reach.  :doge
🤴

kingv

« Reply #9244 on: May 20, 2018, 09:24:59 AM »

The first game is a barely playable 10fps mess with colored triangles flying around. Star Fox 64 >>>>>>>

I loved the first one and beat it dozens of times but I’m kind of shocked how I managed to put up with it when it is so obviously shit technically. My parents must have thought I was insane. It was like playing a slideshow.

agrajag

« Reply #9245 on: May 20, 2018, 09:32:09 AM »

I loved the first one and beat it dozens of times but I’m kind of shocked how I managed to put up with it when it is so obviously shit technically. My parents must have thought I was insane. It was like playing a slideshow.

I think the 3d FX chip games were a mistake, the hardware wasn't ready to support that kind of software.

paprikastaude

« Reply #9246 on: May 20, 2018, 09:53:34 AM »

:idont
I didn't play it until SNES Mini and had no problems, I just replayed it today. Free roam and other vehicles in 64 though  :nope

kingv

« Reply #9247 on: May 20, 2018, 10:21:13 AM »
I thought the tank was kind of fun. 64 was another game I sunk a ton of time into as a kid.

agrajag

« Reply #9248 on: May 20, 2018, 10:25:58 AM »
I thought the tank was kind of fun. 64 was another game I sunk a ton of time into as a kid.

Yeah, I thought the land vehicles were fun too. I never owned SF 64. I remember renting it and beating it in one sitting and then renting it again a few times. Such a fun game.

Blockbuster Video :rejoice

agrajag

« Reply #9249 on: May 20, 2018, 10:44:31 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-did-nintendo-lose-the-shooter-genre.43468/

With the exception of one very popular game released two decades ago, how was Nintendo ever the harbinger of the FPS genre?

:huh

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #9250 on: May 20, 2018, 10:46:02 AM »
Stunt Race FX wasn't that bad really.

A lot of people complain about the framerates but, like, which 16-bit racers had decent framerates AND any kind of non-flat tracks in the first place? Especially for under $100. And especially on the SNES where Mode 7 tracks became more blech as games failed to account for how detached it would look when run at high speeds with constant turning.

benjipwns

« Reply #9251 on: May 20, 2018, 10:49:53 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-did-nintendo-lose-the-shooter-genre.43468/

With the exception of one very popular game released two decades ago, how was Nintendo ever the harbinger of the FPS genre?

:huh
i like how many posts about Splatoon there are before someone points out Rare made both games in the OP

That's actually a great question. What happened!?
The PS2 sold like ten times the number of consoles as the GameCube for one. And the Xbox had the entire online experience niche which next gen went mainstream. Nintendo responded to these developments with the Wii.

The irony of course, being the original "bullshot demo" of the Wii and its abilities being Red Steel.

benjipwns

« Reply #9252 on: May 20, 2018, 10:52:12 AM »

agrajag

« Reply #9253 on: May 20, 2018, 10:52:15 AM »
Stunt Race FX wasn't that bad really.

A lot of people complain about the framerates but, like, which 16-bit racers had decent framerates AND any kind of non-flat tracks in the first place? Especially for under $100. And especially on the SNES where Mode 7 tracks became more blech as games failed to account for how detached it would look when run at high speeds with constant turning.

Weren't F Zero and Mario Kart 60fps? Anyway, I never liked the mode 7 racers and didn't get ino MK until 64. They always had a squished look to me.

edit:

Red Steel 2 looked like an interesting game.

benjipwns

« Reply #9254 on: May 20, 2018, 10:56:09 AM »
omg lmao even in these totally faked scenes they can't get around the horrendous problem in Wii FPS games that is turning smoothly while changing elevations

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #9255 on: May 20, 2018, 10:57:06 AM »
I wish people actually remembered Red Steel 2. Probably the best shooter released on the Wii. Also had this weird cowboys and ninjas post apocalypse style to it.

agrajag

« Reply #9256 on: May 20, 2018, 11:00:22 AM »
omg lmao even in these totally faked scenes they can't get around the horrendous problem in Wii FPS games that is turning smoothly while changing elevations

I don't know watchu talking about, Metroid Prime 3 had really smooth controls and camera. I could never get into playing FPS games on consoles until Nintendo's IR aiming style came along, call me a crazy ninthing.

paprikastaude

« Reply #9257 on: May 20, 2018, 11:01:08 AM »
All kinds of people were talking about Goldeneye when N64 came up in a conversation. Who outside of Japan thinks of Splatoon when you say 'shooter' though?  :gurl (excluding people who go online with Yoshi and Kirby avatars)

agrajag

« Reply #9258 on: May 20, 2018, 11:04:44 AM »
Hey, did you ever think about the name Splatoon? It's a game about Toons that go *SPLAT* It could also be a reference to the military unit. Darkest timeline.

benjipwns

« Reply #9259 on: May 20, 2018, 11:12:22 AM »
which setting on MP3 did you use?

the wiimote basically physically can't handle the situation i'm describing because of how it acts as both the receiver in real world 3D space and the pointer within the on-screen bounding box (which itself is controlled by the prior)

MP3 you can shrink the bounding box to almost nothing and use the lock-on to break out of it and re-center it, but you'll still turn far slower (and/or infinitely faster in an uncontrollable way) in the game than you do in the prior two games, it's also probably why so many of the environments are comparatively linear except for single-plane one-on-few fights

dual analog or other setups don't have this issue because the center is the physical center of the stick, though any PC player still sees the turning in videos as usually choppy and slow, it can at least move equally fast in two different Z directions since it's not relying on an actual physical real world location check

benjipwns

« Reply #9260 on: May 20, 2018, 11:19:01 AM »
i don't know if the MotionPlus can fix this, the only two FPSes to use it were The Conduit 2 and Red Steel 2, which both have the same problem...the Conduit doesn't require MotionPlus so it obviously can't rely on it, and Red Steel 2 seems to use the extra sensor capabilities to allow you to leave the screen entirely to use your sword and immediately return to the center of the bounding box to aim, though the dash did seem like they could have utilized it in other directions as a quick turn feature

agrajag

« Reply #9261 on: May 20, 2018, 11:28:43 AM »
which setting on MP3 did you use?

the wiimote basically physically can't handle the situation i'm describing because of how it acts as both the receiver in real world 3D space and the pointer within the on-screen bounding box (which itself is controlled by the prior)

MP3 you can shrink the bounding box to almost nothing and use the lock-on to break out of it and re-center it, but you'll still turn far slower (and/or infinitely faster in an uncontrollable way) in the game than you do in the prior two games, it's also probably why so many of the environments are comparatively linear except for single-plane one-on-few fights

dual analog or other setups don't have this issue because the center is the physical center of the stick, though any PC player still sees the turning in videos as usually choppy and slow, it can at least move equally fast in two different Z directions since it's not relying on an actual physical real world location check

I don't remember exactly which setting, I used a very small reticule and the sensitivity was medium, I guess, so it didn't jitter unintentionally but was highly responsive. I think the turning speed was fine, didn't feel any slower than dual analog controls, which feel tank-like to me for FPS anyway. At least in the context of that game, it wasn't a hindrance at all and added to the experience. The only part I didn't like was the fucking waggle gestures to turns door knobs and such, that was wonky.

I just think dual analog are not intuitive like mouse and keyboard or IR camera controls are. With IR you feel like you're actually aiming at the screen.

benjipwns

« Reply #9262 on: May 20, 2018, 11:28:55 AM »
Wish Nintendo would release the first Prime without enforced motion controls instead of what they did with the Prime trilogy
This is why us sane types own not only the two GameCube games but also Corruption and the Trilogy. :smug

benjipwns

« Reply #9263 on: May 20, 2018, 11:36:32 AM »
I just think dual analog are not intuitive like mouse and keyboard or IR camera controls are. With IR you feel like you're actually aiming at the screen.
I don't disagree, I've long disliked dual analog on the Dual Shock especially because of how close the sticks are, them being offset on Xbox controllers has always helped me tremendously, and other than having to find places to rest my arms I quite enjoyed a lot of Wii IR dependent games despite the problems. I was just surprised that even in a totally misleading "vertical slice" video, Ubisoft still had shots where the Wiimote's physical limitations were shown. (Most notably as he comes up the stairs, turning and looks upwards in the first video, it's the one instance where dual-analog would be able to do it faster as there's no real world 3D space needing to be considered.)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #9264 on: May 20, 2018, 12:39:01 PM »
Do you think the Chinese Factory workers get sad when the trucks come and take away the GameCubes they put together with their bare hands :(

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #9265 on: May 20, 2018, 12:42:17 PM »
Oh shit LionPride’s ban is up. RE is finally good again. 

:lucas :lucas :lucas

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #9266 on: May 20, 2018, 01:01:50 PM »
Oh shit LionPride’s ban is up. RE is finally good again. 

:lucas :lucas :lucas

https://www.resetera.com/posts/8121925/

For a while, I really thought something would change. I don't know why, but I did. Events since this site's inception has proven me, and many others wrong. The blatant use of minority members of this website as currency to educate people is sickening.

The disregard for people, is sickening.

The canned responses, are sickening.

The ban lengths, are to be frank, stupid when someone like Bronx-Man gets a week for an innocuous joke, yet racists get three days.

It's always been there, the problem with Neo-Gaf wasn't just Tyler, it was the people. The people didn't change because they updated a site and gave it a purple hue.

For y'all who know how to reach me if you want, well...you know

As-salamu alaykum

That's his way of saying "message me on thebore".

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #9267 on: May 20, 2018, 01:04:02 PM »
Yes. ResetERA somehow isn't inclusive enough.
rub

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #9268 on: May 20, 2018, 01:05:08 PM »
You know technically, if LionPride quit resetera because it had too much racism, but hasn't quit thebore for the same reason, that means resetera is more racist than thebore. I guess etiolet was right all along.

agrajag

« Reply #9269 on: May 20, 2018, 01:09:33 PM »
He legit thinks that moderation is biased against the BCT  :lol

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #9270 on: May 20, 2018, 01:12:19 PM »

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #9271 on: May 20, 2018, 01:22:59 PM »

They're fucking delusional. The mods bend over backwards for them.

Oh and LOL.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-apparently-one-of-our-members-from-the-old-board-is-an-infamous-neo-nazi.43736/\
Oi Oi

agrajag

« Reply #9272 on: May 20, 2018, 01:29:32 PM »

They're fucking delusional. The mods bend over backwards for them.

Oh and LOL.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-apparently-one-of-our-members-from-the-old-board-is-an-infamous-neo-nazi.43736/\

I had a GAF account too, at the same time as the Nazi. Literally shaking right now.

kingv

« Reply #9273 on: May 20, 2018, 01:40:54 PM »
Christ we live on the same continent, literally crying rn.

agrajag

« Reply #9274 on: May 20, 2018, 01:44:15 PM »
[Editing this out in case it's still forbidden]

don't post anymore Holomordor pics plz

« Reply #9275 on: May 20, 2018, 02:01:29 PM »
Halo in particular is frustrating when you consider how it's possibly one of the most mismanaged franchises in gaming.

Sure, you have stuff held by companies like Konami, but I've never seen a franchise reach the highs of Halo 3 era and then completely fall off the face of the earth.

RE PC: The Halo: CE community was very, very active even up to them closing on PC, but for whatever reason no attempt was made to cater to them aside from mobile ports aimed to get people to use UWP.

Have you looked at the credits of the people making halo at 343i? They made shit like Tonka Toys racing and Trivial Pursuit and then moved right on to top tier positions at Microsoft's flagship franchise.  The writer for Halo 5 did some shit comics and now he's on sub-alex jones tier public radio

benjipwns

« Reply #9276 on: May 20, 2018, 02:05:52 PM »
And yeah, LionPride , from what I've observed even just several weeks here, it's depressing. I only check in on three threads anymore, and I only get something decent out of checking in on this one. This isn't the super-progressive forum it claims to be.

I really want to make the thread but I don't know how to frame it still.

Thing is, as soon as you bring moderation into it... It's getting locked
Quote from: same poster
Malcolm was one the greatest. One of the most honest. Fearless, wasn't afraid to fight for shit.

No wonder they were so scared.

Quote from: Phoenix RISING
I really want to make the thread but I don't know how to frame it still.

Thing is, as soon as you bring moderation into it... It's getting locked
I think I'm going to make one as a primer.

benjipwns

« Reply #9277 on: May 20, 2018, 02:07:08 PM »
Did you at least try reaching out to Royalan , Professor Beef , or Slayven ? I wouldn't have blamed you if you gave up on Neo-GAF like many of us should have done a long time ago, as you had a damn site owner who constantly locked our threads and deleted our accounts for making jokes about his vacations. But at least on this forum we have folks on Era Staff that actually care about this community and will listen/try to make things right. I know I'll see you on discord either way, but I think it's way too early to give up considering what this community has been through previously.

benjipwns

« Reply #9278 on: May 20, 2018, 02:09:48 PM »
is the dream of a place where people don't have to defend their humanity with every post dead? :brazilcry

agrajag

« Reply #9279 on: May 20, 2018, 02:11:29 PM »
but I think it's way too early to give up considering what this community has been through previously.

it was so brave of them to take the underground railroad from GAF and discords to Reee  :doge

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #9280 on: May 20, 2018, 02:24:44 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-black-culture-community-ot-3-400-years-of-choices.40002/page-60

"IDK Royalan, I understand that you all only have so much say in how the site runs, but it think we have serious concerns with moderation for open racists. Slaps on the wrists don't seem like enough."

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-don’t-we-have-a-hardline-policy-for-chronic-racists-and-trolls.43744/#post-8131132

"Because the staff want to turn ResetERA into a popular/mainstream website and are afraid of getting a reputation for being a "liberal"/"far left" site, so they run all reports through a panel of moderators that might as well be a computer algorithm which then randomly selects a punishment and ban length. They genuinely believe that they can "rehabilitate" racists and bigots by having a dialogue with them, and would rather do that than create a safe place for women, people of color, and LGBT people to discuss video games and culture freely.

There has been a significant exodus of minority users over the last few months who no longer want to post on this site, and the staff are aware, but they also don't really care because there's more money to be made in creating a mainstream website that caters to white, male bigots in hopes of "rehabilitating" them."
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 02:30:12 PM by Straight Edge »
Oi Oi

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #9281 on: May 20, 2018, 02:44:02 PM »
 :lol

Bless Ree, and all its inhabitants.
Fish<

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #9282 on: May 20, 2018, 02:57:29 PM »
3 months ago:

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4203294/

Moderation: I thought we were supposed to be better than the old land here?

Quote from: LionPride
Dawg it's an internet message board

Today:

Quote from: LionPride
For a while, I really thought something would change. I don't know why, but I did. Events since this site's inception has proven me, and many others wrong. The blatant use of minority members of this website as currency to educate people is sickening.

The disregard for people, is sickening.

The canned responses, are sickening.

The ban lengths, are to be frank, stupid when someone like Bronx-Man gets a week for an innocuous joke, yet racists get three days.

It's always been there, the problem with Neo-Gaf wasn't just Tyler, it was the people. The people didn't change because they updated a site and gave it a purple hue.

For y'all who know how to reach me if you want, well...you know

As-salamu alaykum

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9283 on: May 20, 2018, 02:59:15 PM »
wakanda 5ever  8)

thetylerrob

« Reply #9284 on: May 20, 2018, 03:18:35 PM »
So when is the BCT revolution happening? I’m in for the drama.

agrajag

« Reply #9285 on: May 20, 2018, 03:29:32 PM »
So when is the BCT revolution happening? I’m in for the drama.

Just make sure you're on the right side of history and choose a good hill to die on.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #9286 on: May 20, 2018, 03:54:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/in-the-post-post-race-era-whites-acknowledge-racism-in-undesirable-fashion.43747/

The concept of post-race racism, in which racist white people discover they have white privilege and use it to their advantage to for example call the police on minorities because cops will side with them, something racist white people had never figured out until now, is so great I hope that Kojima writes a 12 minute monologue for the baby in Death Stranding to cover.

War... War has changed.

jorma

« Reply #9287 on: May 20, 2018, 04:01:57 PM »
The BCT is incredibly corny but why so mad, Straight Edge?

they are among the most toxic users on gaf/ree, has mod protection and they know it, but are still salty because they don't get every single user banned that they point at. They want it all, and if they don't get it they gonna REEE.

that's a fair bit beyond "corny".

I don't really care any more because REE is a lost cause that i didn't invest anything into, but they were absolutely instrumental in fucking up gaf, a community i did like at some point so i absolutely understand if people are still mad at them.

I'll be there with the popcorn if shit blows up though  :doge

agrajag

« Reply #9288 on: May 20, 2018, 04:33:51 PM »
Isn't Slaent their promised land? Like the Jerusalem of BCT? Why don't they congregate there?

Jansen

« Reply #9289 on: May 20, 2018, 04:35:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-black-culture-community-ot-3-400-years-of-choices.40002/page-60#post-8131817

thes fuckers are delusional

Quote from: Ketkat, post: 8131817, member: 3750
I know I'm not really apart of this community, but a lot of the moderation actions that are taken don't really make sense with the level of severity that they actually are.  I'm sure that you have a much clearer perspective on that than me, as a user, of how many people are getting actioned and for what, but some of it just doesn't make sense from my perspective.  Transphobia is a week pretty much every time and treated pretty severely, which I'm happy for as someone who is trans.  A lot of trans related issues are still new to people, so while I hate seeing that kind of stuff on the site, its a little more understandable than people who are being racist.  Yet, people who are racist can get away with a 3 day ban.  I'm not saying that either should be tolerated here, but the fact that 2 different bigoted issues can be treated that way is kind of strange.

I get that there are differing levels of racism, and bigoted statements in general.  Like, someone saying a racist joke vs someone saying something a lot more malicious, but even as someone who is white, I've noticed the slaps on the wrist for a lot of racism and I've been confused on it.  I understand that your goal is to educate these people with these bans so that they become better people and more useful members of the forum, but with the way that moderation is going on some of these subjects, you're essentially forcing that onto the users of the site to take care of it.  By having these ban lengths be so small, you're catering to the groups that are causing it to be a major pain to be here on the site instead of the users who are actually affected by those comments.

And that's really the part that you guys should be concerned with as moderators.  If the minority communities on this site are slowly posting less and less here and staying more in the discords, you need to ask yourself why that is, and if its anything you can do to help resolve that.  I lurk this thread from time to time when a particularly bad race thread comes up, and none of these complaints are new from the users in here.  They've been talking about this for a long time, and that's what's frustrating about this whole situation.

agrajag

« Reply #9290 on: May 20, 2018, 04:36:57 PM »
Because it barely has as much activity as we do last I checked.

it would have a lot more activity if the entire BCT migrated there, plus they wouldn't have the problem of those pesky racists who keep skirting by the bans

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #9291 on: May 20, 2018, 04:37:51 PM »
Lionpride basically:

tummyfat

« Reply #9292 on: May 20, 2018, 04:42:16 PM »
BCT is going to ruin another forum with nonstop witchhunting, I love it

They don't even stop to consider that maybe, just maybe all the 'racists' you are talking about aren't even racists. Just normal people with a point of view you disagree with.

Like a blanket 'DON'T CALL THE COPS ON BLACK PEOPLE' policy is fucking stupid. Only a moron would think it's a good idea

agrajag

« Reply #9293 on: May 20, 2018, 04:46:53 PM »
If I had my way Slayven and thisismyusername would be duking it out as we speak  :'(

TIMU wins in a battle of wits,
Slayven wins in Marvel Lore Jeopardy!

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #9294 on: May 20, 2018, 04:51:41 PM »
The BCT is incredibly corny but why so mad, Straight Edge?

they are among the most toxic users on gaf/ree, has mod protection and they know it, but are still salty because they don't get every single user banned that they point at. They want it all, and if they don't get it they gonna REEE.

that's a fair bit beyond "corny".

I don't really care any more because REE is a lost cause that i didn't invest anything into, but they were absolutely instrumental in fucking up gaf, a community i did like at some point so i absolutely understand if people are still mad at them.

I'll be there with the popcorn if shit blows up though  :doge

:preach :lawd :preach :lawd

BCT is going to ruin another forum with nonstop witchhunting, I love it

They don't even stop to consider that maybe, just maybe all the 'racists' you are talking about aren't even racists. Just normal people with a point of view you disagree with.

Like a blanket 'DON'T CALL THE COPS ON BLACK PEOPLE' policy is fucking stupid. Only a moron would think it's a good idea

BCT right now:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 04:56:34 PM by thisismyusername »

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #9295 on: May 20, 2018, 04:59:22 PM »
Man, TIMU, i probably would be less happy than you right now if i won the lottery. :doge

thisismyusername

« Reply #9296 on: May 20, 2018, 05:07:03 PM »
Oh, I'm not happy. I'm just laughing at the BCT still having no perspective/grip on reality.

"We were/are the worst part of NeoGAF and were protected by BishtopTL and Blackace! We called people that simply didn't agree with our mindviews racists and tried to get them banned! This new board isn't banning them as hard as we want! They aren't kowtowing to us like Bishop and Blackace did! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Get a fucking grip, ya'll. Honestly, if they go back to their shitty little Discord to wypipo tears shitpost there and left *autistic screeching* permanently? That board would improve ten-fold in terms of actual racial discussions being productive instead of one side trying to out-shout the other because they view their view is the only way or the highway.

parallax

« Reply #9297 on: May 20, 2018, 05:12:59 PM »
If I had my way Slayven and thisismyusername would be duking it out as we speak  :'(

TIMU wins in a battle of wits,
Slayven wins in Marvel Lore Jeopardy!

timu is witty now?

thisismyusername

« Reply #9298 on: May 20, 2018, 05:21:14 PM »
And like clockwork Parallax shows up to call me racist and snipe at me while never posting here for months at a time unless I mention the BCT.

Why don't you go back to that shitty Discord, loser? :-*

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #9299 on: May 20, 2018, 05:23:12 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-black-culture-community-ot-3-400-years-of-choices.40002/page-60#post-8131817

thes fuckers are delusional

Quote from: Ketkat, post: 8131817, member: 3750
I know I'm not really apart of this community, but a lot of the moderation actions that are taken don't really make sense with the level of severity that they actually are.  I'm sure that you have a much clearer perspective on that than me, as a user, of how many people are getting actioned and for what, but some of it just doesn't make sense from my perspective.  Transphobia is a week pretty much every time and treated pretty severely, which I'm happy for as someone who is trans.  A lot of trans related issues are still new to people, so while I hate seeing that kind of stuff on the site, its a little more understandable than people who are being racist.  Yet, people who are racist can get away with a 3 day ban.  I'm not saying that either should be tolerated here, but the fact that 2 different bigoted issues can be treated that way is kind of strange.

I get that there are differing levels of racism, and bigoted statements in general.  Like, someone saying a racist joke vs someone saying something a lot more malicious, but even as someone who is white, I've noticed the slaps on the wrist for a lot of racism and I've been confused on it.  I understand that your goal is to educate these people with these bans so that they become better people and more useful members of the forum, but with the way that moderation is going on some of these subjects, you're essentially forcing that onto the users of the site to take care of it.  By having these ban lengths be so small, you're catering to the groups that are causing it to be a major pain to be here on the site instead of the users who are actually affected by those comments.

And that's really the part that you guys should be concerned with as moderators.  If the minority communities on this site are slowly posting less and less here and staying more in the discords, you need to ask yourself why that is, and if its anything you can do to help resolve that.  I lurk this thread from time to time when a particularly bad race thread comes up, and none of these complaints are new from the users in here.  They've been talking about this for a long time, and that's what's frustrating about this whole situation.

I'd just love to see which bans they're talking about, because I have this feeling they want "I didn't like the R&B in Black Panther" level of racism to be perma banned