Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5899595 times)

thetylerrob

Re: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« Reply #10860 on: May 27, 2018, 05:51:22 PM »
I don't understand how anyone could vote in good conscience when neither candidate gave their opinion on the Mass Effect Andromeda issue.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #10861 on: May 27, 2018, 06:00:43 PM »
Only the protected class gets to shitpost
https://www.resetera.com/threads/y’all-tryna-a-s-l.45202/

Wow, not even slayven wanted to sort that out.
sigh

El Babua

« Reply #10862 on: May 27, 2018, 06:18:53 PM »
This'll get some use:

(Image removed from quote.)
This is the journalist and not some other Brendan O Neil right? If so this guy is at Alex Jones level credibility.

I mean Kurt Russell over here used to post infowars level articles here before he realized the rest of the site isn't VOAT, so :yeshrug

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #10864 on: May 27, 2018, 06:34:46 PM »
每天生气

Kurt Russell

« Reply #10865 on: May 27, 2018, 06:44:14 PM »

I mean Kurt Russell over here used to post infowars level articles here before he realized the rest of the site isn't VOAT, so :yeshrug

I post shit I find interesting because I don't judge what I'm reading by the source.

But, you do you.
woke

Boredfrom

« Reply #10866 on: May 27, 2018, 07:19:05 PM »
Source do matter, though.

Leadbelly

« Reply #10867 on: May 27, 2018, 07:38:37 PM »
This'll get some use:

This is the journalist and not some other Brendan O Neil right? If so this guy is at Alex Jones level credibility.

He really isn't. This is a ridiculous comparison.

Just an example:

Do you know what this shows? It shows someone who is capable of presenting an argument. Now, for whatever reason you may have for not liking Brendan, this fact makes your comparison a bit silly. I find brendan has a tendency sometimes to try and make something fit a narrative, but I've listened to and read a lot of his stuff and it's clear he is more than capable of making a compelling argument. and does so oftenly.

Jansen

« Reply #10868 on: May 27, 2018, 07:46:44 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/8407668/

Quote from: bishoptl
They should add a skin of his wife instrad.
Hoo boy

member when you was supposed to pay child support

Boredfrom

« Reply #10869 on: May 27, 2018, 07:50:13 PM »
The Ghostbusters defense:

The amazing thing is that even downvoted trailers for huge AAA titles are treated as news items, earning the games in question even more press.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/design-director-at-dice-made-a-great-comment-on-reddit-about-the-backlash-regarding-the-bfv-reveal.45220/

Love that statement about his daughter. My partner asked me back when GTAV first came out if she could try it out, then she asked me if she could make a woman (single player mode) to play as, when I told her that you couldn't she asked why not and I honestly had no good answer. It made feel embarrassed of my hobby.

It's time we stop treating women like outsiders. Good on you, DIC

:doge

Jansen

« Reply #10870 on: May 27, 2018, 08:00:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/8409727/

Quote from: TheIdiot, post: 8409727, member: 11561
Some cruel and insensitive responses in here honestly. This shit can be traumatizing for someone.

i mean yea it'd suck but the dude isn't gonna be traumatized for life

Boredfrom

« Reply #10871 on: May 27, 2018, 08:05:12 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/8409727/

Quote from: TheIdiot, post: 8409727, member: 11561
Some cruel and insensitive responses in here honestly. This shit can be traumatizing for someone.

i mean yea it'd suck but the dude isn't gonna be traumatized for life

Eh, it depends... people react differently with stuff like this.

shosta

« Reply #10872 on: May 27, 2018, 08:05:49 PM »
He ran a lawn mower over a baby deer and it screamed while it died, that could really fuck a dude up
每天生气

Jansen

Jansen

« Reply #10874 on: May 27, 2018, 08:11:12 PM »
man you guys are such pussies. shit happens and he will get over it

motherfuckers always thinking they are gonna be permanently scarred for the weakest shit

shosta

« Reply #10875 on: May 27, 2018, 08:12:44 PM »
aren't you on antidepressants
每天生气

Jansen

« Reply #10876 on: May 27, 2018, 08:16:08 PM »
aren't you a failed cunt that pretended to be a mod here for attention like a loser

shosta

« Reply #10877 on: May 27, 2018, 08:17:17 PM »
yes
每天生气

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #10878 on: May 27, 2018, 08:29:30 PM »
This'll get some use:

I mean, sure. But you're tilting to windmills instead of laughing at his reclassification of terms because it's true in most regards to the internet left, Homomo.

Dennis

« Reply #10879 on: May 27, 2018, 08:37:39 PM »
Quote from: EviLore
The internet has gotten so...fucked up lately. I've been on the WWW since '93 or something, and BBSes since before that. Things used to be impersonal, sure. Everyone had a persona, people pretended to be other people all the time, guys would be girls, girls would be...hotter girls, people would talk shit about each other or anything else. But we've reached a point where it's not just internet bullshit anymore. We're connecting with each other in real ways now, people have careers on the internet. I do. TotalBiscuit did. Leigh Alexander or whoever else does, too.

I'm definitely guilty of failing to recognize where I've crossed the line and been an asshole on the internet in ways that affected people for real over the years. The "GG vs Social Studies Warrior" battleground stuff in particular has really poisoned video game subculture and drawn lines in the sand that have turned so many people into shitheads on both sides.

It's time to STOP. Fucking STOP. People are depersonalizing each other over the pettiest fucking bullshit, in a time when internet and real life are intersecting more than ever. It's not a game. John Bain had some opinions. You can agree or disagree. But so far as I can tell he was a decent guy, he cared about his family, he did a lot for the video game scene, and he fought cancer bravely to the end. His last words were poignant and striking and beautiful.

Celebrating the man's passing as if you want to throw a party about it is DISGUSTING. You know what, though? When Justice Scalia passed, the thought crossed my mind, too, since my head was poisoned by all the hyper-partisan politicization lately. A while later I looked into his background, though, looked into what other people had to say about him, read his various statements, and I felt like a shithead for my initial reaction to his passing. I may have disagreed with his politics very strongly, and his positions did influence the landscape of the United States and the rights of a lot of people, and that's completely fair to have strong opinions about. But he wasn't some evil cunt cartoon character. He just had a different worldview than mine, and had convictions he followed through with. I can disagree, I can feel strongly with my disagreement, but it was fucked up to be enthusiastic about his passing, and the context of that is about a million times more serious than fucking video games.

How about we take a step back, right here and now. Recognize that celebrating John Bain's passing after a difficult battle with cancer is NOT RIGHTEOUS. It is NOT something you should be glad to see in yourself. Take a long, hard look in the mirror and see if you really respect what you see if you're so poisoned by self-righteousness and hatred over petty squabbles about VIDEO GAMES that this man's tragic passing at 33 years old, leaving behind a mourning widow and child, makes you HAPPY. Step away from your computer, turn off your phone, and think about it.

On the flip side, obviously I understand being upset about how other people are acting re: the above, but obsessing over it is not healthy either. There's a fissure where hatred is flowing out of you as well, and it's not healthy for you to be dwelling on all the negativity you're seeing in others and spending all day screenshotting and archiving it and trying to tear down other people. When I was on the receiving end of all the folks trying to take me down a notch and gotcha me (it got especially intense post-GG), it made it that much easier to just dismiss the "other side" as obsessive stalker assholes with too much time on their hands and not look at the situation neutrally. I could've started taking steps to heal and reconcile the whole situation a long time ago, with folks I had been an asshole to, or with the whole GG vs Social Studies Warrior situation on NeoGAF or really in the entire video game subculture space. NeoGAF was center stage for a lot of it and I feel like I could've resolved it personally, maybe, or at least accomplished something of significance, had I gone back in time with my current perspective and been a better man about it. It's entirely on me that I didn't, and I don't blame anyone else, but you have to understand that the communities around the internet that formed around exposing and undermining NeoGAF, the moderation here, and myself, only served to lock us down into an us vs them mentality and see the other side as the enemy trying to doxx people and undermine our community and sometimes our livelihoods. Both sides ensured this outcome, and both sides need to be willing to put a stop to it.

I've tried to make something good come of the unfortunate confluence of events that caused a powderkeg to explode here last year. I'm totally fine with the financial losses and all that if I can grow as a person, and if I can heal some of the resentment I've caused, and if NeoGAF can be a better place in the long run. TB passed away at 33, same age as me. Cancer brings unjust suffering to far too many people, and clearly John did not have it coming and no one should want to throw a fucking party about it. It's just a tragedy, full stop. His family can't get him back, and the gaming community can't get back a loyal and enthusiastic contributor to the scene. What we can do is respect and honor the man's memory by PUTTING A FUCKING STOP TO THIS SHIT ALREADY.

Turn off the us vs them, regardless of which "side" you're on right now. It's video games. It matters to all of us, but it's still just fucking video games. We're adults. We can have a civil conversation like adults about goddamned video games, can we not? We can treat each other decently as human beings despite whatever our opinions are about video games, can we fucking not? Let's start now. Erase the line in the sand. Let go of the anger and hatred and grudges. It's gone on long enough.

Let's talk it out and put an end to this shit. I insist.

Sorry if already posted.

kingv

« Reply #10880 on: May 27, 2018, 08:39:07 PM »
Shorts is still our most beautiful poster however.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #10881 on: May 27, 2018, 08:39:36 PM »

motherfuckers always thinking they are gonna be permanently scarred for the weakest shit

i'd feel pretty shitty for a while if i killed a dog or something.

now if i ran over one of you fuckers... neh i'd be good by tomorrow  :doge

nudemacusers

« Reply #10882 on: May 27, 2018, 08:40:21 PM »
what about me, one of your nation's defenders?  :doge
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #10883 on: May 27, 2018, 08:46:48 PM »
I still remember fishing (like, the unpleasant bits) and I haven't fished in around 20 years.

killamajig

« Reply #10884 on: May 27, 2018, 09:05:16 PM »

:badass
I've seen some messed up shit in my day but if I ran over a fawn with my mower I think I'd be pretty fucked up for a while.

But I wouldn't post about it on a message board, that's some pussy shit.

I'd cry into my pillow at night when nobody is around like a real man.

Propagandhim

« Reply #10885 on: May 27, 2018, 09:17:55 PM »
I became vegan (well, I still eat shellfish) because of all the horrors i witnessed growing up on family-run and surrounding stockyards.  They all operate the same way.   Sometimes that stuff doesn't leave you.   Anyway, I know it's funny because he only started caring after it started affecting him personally, but that was a good post by Evilore.  That's the most self-reflection I've ever seen him express in the fewest amount of run-on-sentences. 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 09:26:44 PM by Propagandhim »

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #10886 on: May 27, 2018, 09:24:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-you-could-change-one-thing-in-gaming-history-what-would-it-be.45101/

All the "stop GamerGate" answers are all  ::). Maybe if you morons didn't give it so much attention, it wouldn't have gained half the influence it did.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #10887 on: May 27, 2018, 10:10:46 PM »
Ree continuously and obsessively rehashing Gamergate is one of many things about them that I will never understand.
🍆🍆

Averon

« Reply #10888 on: May 27, 2018, 10:16:06 PM »
Quote from: EviLore
I've tried to make something good come of the unfortunate confluence of events that caused a powderkeg to explode here last year. I'm totally fine with the financial losses and all that if I can grow as a person, and if I can heal some of the resentment I've caused, and if NeoGAF can be a better place in .

Sorry if already posted.

First confirmation from 'Lore that he has lost money. I wonder how much he lost. The site is probably not bringing in enough money to maintain his world traveling lifestyle. And I don't believe for a second he's fine with the losses. If he could have avoided the implosion of GAF last year at the cost of still being an asshole, and maintaining his ad revenue, he'd take that trade in a second.

Ree continuously and obsessively rehashing Gamergate is one of many things about them that I will never understand.

For a lot of them, GG was one of most important events in their lives. They act like it's their 9/11. They even partly blame GG for Trump. Yes, they are that out-of-touch and delusional.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 10:20:16 PM by Averon »

Bore Expert

« Reply #10889 on: May 27, 2018, 10:18:41 PM »
He ran a lawn mower over a baby deer and it screamed while it died, that could really fuck a dude up

After the 6th time it gets easier. Always messy doe.

daemon

« Reply #10890 on: May 27, 2018, 10:23:07 PM »
The Ghostbusters defense:

The amazing thing is that even downvoted trailers for huge AAA titles are treated as news items, earning the games in question even more press.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/design-director-at-dice-made-a-great-comment-on-reddit-about-the-backlash-regarding-the-bfv-reveal.45220/

Love that statement about his daughter. My partner asked me back when GTAV first came out if she could try it out, then she asked me if she could make a woman (single player mode) to play as, when I told her that you couldn't she asked why not and I honestly had no good answer. It made feel embarrassed of my hobby.

It's time we stop treating women like outsiders. Good on you, DIC

:doge

So I guess Ree really is into Nazis and gamergate, as I suspected, because when they downvote them, expell them, call them out... it's because they care.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #10891 on: May 27, 2018, 10:25:33 PM »
Kind of like americans and slavery?

Every nation has had slaves, the U.S is the only one that still rehashes it every fucking day.

killamajig

« Reply #10892 on: May 27, 2018, 10:27:15 PM »
It's like that Jordan Peterson thread, they talk about deplatforming shit but can't stop platforming it.

" Hey everybody, let's talk about this thing we don't want anybody to talk about!"

daemon

« Reply #10893 on: May 27, 2018, 10:27:46 PM »

Every nation has had slaves, the U.S is the only one that still rehashes it every fucking day.

Yep. But it's still the one that has more symptoms nowadays (of first world countries).

Somehow they don't become as frustrated with civil wars like Spain, where the winners got to enrich themselves through 40 years, and keep the riches when it became democracy.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #10894 on: May 27, 2018, 10:38:36 PM »

Yep. But it's still the one that has more symptoms nowadays (of first world countries).

Somehow they don't become as frustrated with civil wars like Spain, where the winners got to enrich themselves through 40 years, and keep the riches when it became democracy.
Latin America still has intense racism and they don't even hide it lol

Boredfrom

« Reply #10895 on: May 27, 2018, 10:39:54 PM »
Assimilate is so proud to be from the US that doesn’t understand his own country history...

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #10896 on: May 27, 2018, 10:44:27 PM »
Assimilate is so proud to be from the US that doesn’t understand his own country history...

Quiet you Mexican. If i wanted an opinion from a brown person i'd go to Pollo Tropical

:nothot

Chicken breast combo with rice and beans. Sir.

Boredfrom

« Reply #10897 on: May 27, 2018, 10:45:42 PM »
Outright racism doesn’t make you witty, kid.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #10898 on: May 27, 2018, 10:55:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure he's not from the US
he said he's from mexico

Boredfrom

« Reply #10899 on: May 27, 2018, 11:00:45 PM »
he said he's from mexico

Lol

I think Stro is talking about you...

shosta

« Reply #10900 on: May 27, 2018, 11:09:42 PM »
Quiet you Mexican. If i wanted an opinion from a brown person i'd go to Pollo Tropical

wow, it's almost like timu wrote this.
每天生气

Nola

« Reply #10901 on: May 27, 2018, 11:23:26 PM »

You continue to impress with the depths of ignorance you can reach.

« Reply #10902 on: May 27, 2018, 11:32:11 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-you-could-change-one-thing-in-gaming-history-what-would-it-be.45101/

All the "stop GamerGate" answers are all  ::). Maybe if you morons didn't give it so much attention, it wouldn't have gained half the influence it did.

If I could stop one thing
it wouldnt be shower goblin
it wouldnt be amir0x
it wouldnt be the dozens of actual rapists and pedophiles in games journalism
it'd be the neckbeards saying they dont like Anita Sarkeesian, the worst thing that has ever happened. One mean tweet is worse than a thousand rape-murders

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #10903 on: May 27, 2018, 11:39:44 PM »

He's not. his english is terrible, unless he's from the rural south there's zero chance he's a native speaker

zepblackstar

« Reply #10904 on: May 27, 2018, 11:51:39 PM »

for those who fought in the great gamergate war of 2014-2014, this was the high  point of their virtue signalling and they want to get it back. Some of them got name recognized as an e-celeb for it. Now forgotten.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #10905 on: May 28, 2018, 12:34:13 AM »

how can you be confused by people talking endlessly about things they hate in this thread of all places

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #10906 on: May 28, 2018, 12:37:15 AM »
This'll get some use:

I mean, sure. But you're tilting to windmills instead of laughing at his reclassification of terms because it's true in most regards to the internet left, Homomo.
Sure SJDubyas are like this, I'll give you that.

This'll get some use:

He really isn't. This is a ridiculous comparison.

Just an example:

Do you know what this shows? It shows someone who is capable of presenting an argument. Now, for whatever reason you may have for not liking Brendan, this fact makes your comparison a bit silly. I find brendan has a tendency sometimes to try and make something fit a narrative, but I've listened to and read a lot of his stuff and it's clear he is more than capable of making a compelling argument. and does so oftenly.
You could possibly have caught me out here a little, most of what I know of him is through the british press and social circles all pre the  podcast/longform conversation boom. My reason for not trusting him in this context are quotes attributed to him wrt kick racism out of football, racism in general and his timing thereof, standing back and shouting 'this isnt racism it's classism' rubs me the wrong way especially in the context of football where it kinda was/is racism. He also pops up a number of times in my circles trying to argue a lot of things isnt racism and it just seems fucking toxic. I'm willing to eat crow on this, so i'll watch your video and any long form talk you may know of where he clarifies his thoughts on racism and why he does what he does.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #10907 on: May 28, 2018, 12:48:02 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-movies-opinions-do-you-think-actually-says-a-lot-about-a-person.45113/#post-8387477

Someone who says "American Beauty was so deep and such a good movie", really means "I'm a middle class American white person and the worst thing I've ever dealt with is loneliness and boredom. Also I don't watch a lot of indie movies."

"Everything is comics movies now, I hate it!" means "I can't be bothered to do 10 minutes of google searching to find out what smaller budget films are being released this month.

"2001 was boring" means "I have ADHD and watch movies on fast forward or while playing on my phone."

Someone who really likes Christopher Nolan movies? "I don't really care about character development or human interaction, I just want a movie with no plot holes where all the pieces fit together, so I'm not bothered by my own obsessive nitpicking."

"Marvel movies are all hollow, brainless popcorn movies that are ruining film," means "I've never really actually seen any Marvel movies, I'm just a hipster and I want everyone to know how cool and different I am by NOT liking the thing everyone else likes."

"Black Panther was overrated", means "I'm not a PoC and I literally have no clue how black people think or feel about things."

"The prequels were better than the ST," usually means "I'm between 24 and 31 years old, and I have a lot of nostalgia for the star wars games and cartoons of the early 2000's."

"The Last Jedi was the worst movie ever," means "I don't like media challenging me to think and process new feelings. I want movies that are fun and make me feel good."

"The Shawshank Redemption is one of the greatest films ever," means "I watched a lot of movies on TV in the mid to late 90's. This seemed the most cultured."

"Have you seen Eraserhead? It's amazing," means "I'm a straight guy who dropped out of film school."

"Forrest Gump is one of the best movies ever," means "I'm a baby boomer who likes to circle jerk with other boomers over how we changed culture for the better in the 60's and 70's, before we ruined it forever in the 80's and onward."

I don't even know what term to use to disregard him.  Wanker fits.

The Nolan one isn't entirely wrong  :doge

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #10908 on: May 28, 2018, 12:56:26 AM »
I mean, excluding tinfoiling shills, we all understand that N has a long history of burning bridges with 3rd parties. But more importantly, why would anyone feel sorry/offended about what a game company has to pay for their development? :neogaf That's honestly a new one to me.

There's been an increase across the board for concern about game company's budget from consumers for quite some time. Not even Kickstarted games at that  :mindblown

Averon

« Reply #10909 on: May 28, 2018, 01:02:41 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/8418362/

And GamerGate.

That is starting to really feel like a historical event. It feels like an early indication of what was to come.

:comeon

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #10910 on: May 28, 2018, 01:05:35 AM »
Just an example:

I agree with him on this, this isn't the issue I have with him. I'll happily defend anyone's right to offend me, but that doesn't mean I cant criticize what they are actually saying.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #10911 on: May 28, 2018, 01:19:30 AM »

for those who fought in the great gamergate war of 2014-2014, this was the high  point of their virtue signalling and they want to get it back. Some of them got name recognized as an e-celeb for it. Now forgotten.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #10912 on: May 28, 2018, 01:26:58 AM »

wow, it's almost like timu wrote this.

As if. I wouldn't be caught dead in a Pollo Tropical when I can get Taco Bell, Turbofag.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #10913 on: May 28, 2018, 01:27:36 AM »
Ew

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #10914 on: May 28, 2018, 03:24:09 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/8394616/

Damn... there's a new question in the survey after finishing detroit...

I tought i was someone stoic, who isn't moved at all by media in general compared to most people... but here's what people responded :
 :dead

:goty
ὕβρις

Kurt Russell

« Reply #10915 on: May 28, 2018, 04:50:44 AM »

If I could stop one thing
it wouldnt be shower goblin
it wouldnt be amir0x
it wouldnt be the dozens of actual rapists and pedophiles in games journalism
it'd be the neckbeards saying they dont like Anita Sarkeesian, the worst thing that has ever happened. One mean tweet is worse than a thousand rape-murders

I like you. You add ten times as much value as Exodust whilst consuming the same amount of oxygen.
woke

paprikastaude

« Reply #10916 on: May 28, 2018, 04:52:03 AM »

No joke, I don't think I would have ever heard of them (or really paid attention), if GAF wasn't so obsessed with having those other nerds as enemies to justify their bubble's world view.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #10917 on: May 28, 2018, 04:54:00 AM »
If we had stopped JebaitGate, we would have saved the world.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #10918 on: May 28, 2018, 05:29:29 AM »
Part of the reason people keep coming up on ree and saying they have "no idea what gamergate is" is because ree blame it for everything. I mean, I can't tell you a single thing gamergate actually did aside from the initial 3(?)ish month shitstorm when the whole thing happened 5(?) years ago.

I guess there was that guy who did the long twitter/youtube troll character to annoy brianna wu, but i'm not sure if that is gamergate or he was already doing it. besides, that was fucking funny.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #10919 on: May 28, 2018, 06:16:55 AM »

The Nolan one isn't entirely wrong  :doge

Just pretty hilarious that one sentence later he defends marvel movies