Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 6042335 times)

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
Re: The Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash
« Reply #22140 on: July 21, 2018, 12:40:18 AM »
This is like the season finale of The Bachelor. 

Who gets the rose!?
sigh

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #22141 on: July 21, 2018, 12:41:14 AM »
I sincerely doubt it. That other guy just started a fight for no reason and is probably a troll.
每天生气

thetylerrob

« Reply #22142 on: July 21, 2018, 12:42:15 AM »
So whose alt is that?

venereology

« Reply #22143 on: July 21, 2018, 12:42:34 AM »
I sincerely doubt it. That other guy just started a fight for no reason and is probably a troll.

that didn't stop them from permabanning both the detective and perp in that other thread.

hot tip: can't moderate your way out of a paper bag? permaban! they can't talk back that way.

Averon

« Reply #22144 on: July 21, 2018, 12:44:52 AM »
If not a ban then Exo is definitely on the the mods shortlist for future actioning. Anyone identified as being from the bore probably is.

shosta

« Reply #22145 on: July 21, 2018, 12:45:57 AM »
#Free213372bu, he did nothing wrong
每天生气

Jansen

« Reply #22146 on: July 21, 2018, 12:46:59 AM »

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #22147 on: July 21, 2018, 12:49:08 AM »
the only way to stop a bad guy with an insensitive sexist tweet is with a good guy with an insensitive sexist tweet
rub

BisMarckie

clothedmacuser

« Reply #22149 on: July 21, 2018, 12:52:13 AM »
Hopefully they allow us to collect our dead once the great actioning (Bishing) ends.
sigh

agrajag

« Reply #22150 on: July 21, 2018, 12:53:01 AM »
If not a ban then Exo is definitely on the the mods shortlist for future actioning. Anyone identified as being from the bore probably is.

They should just start putting pink triangles next to the names of Bore suspects.

shosta

« Reply #22151 on: July 21, 2018, 12:53:48 AM »
Posting PMs, I'd expect nothing less from an alt right hate machine warlord.
每天生气

thetylerrob

« Reply #22152 on: July 21, 2018, 12:54:15 AM »
You right its definitely Cash Rules Everything Around Me

venereology

« Reply #22153 on: July 21, 2018, 12:54:54 AM »
yeah just wait until someone summons sweetnicole from her slumber and the axe will fall indiscriminately again.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #22154 on: July 21, 2018, 12:55:26 AM »
rip mama rice. she died as she lived, exposing nazi alt right forum posters.

BisMarckie

« Reply #22155 on: July 21, 2018, 12:58:34 AM »

They should just start putting pink triangles next to the names of Bore suspects.

How about this one?

agrajag

« Reply #22156 on: July 21, 2018, 01:04:51 AM »

sphagnum

« Reply #22157 on: July 21, 2018, 01:06:30 AM »
Mama rice

M a r i c e

+ m a

I am cream?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #22158 on: July 21, 2018, 01:08:56 AM »
we're all going to die eventually, might as well die with bacon grease shooting out your dick

Test.
I'm nowhere near this level of overbeast :lol

thetylerrob

« Reply #22159 on: July 21, 2018, 01:09:16 AM »
 :whoo :ohhh :umad

agrajag

« Reply #22160 on: July 21, 2018, 01:09:18 AM »
mama rice

two words, making a total of 8 letters

8 8

:ohhh

Averon

« Reply #22161 on: July 21, 2018, 01:10:26 AM »
Mama rice

M a r i c e

+ m a

I am cream?

:whoo

thetylerrob

« Reply #22162 on: July 21, 2018, 01:13:13 AM »
All of Creams accounts

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #22163 on: July 21, 2018, 01:23:04 AM »
is cream still permanently banned from here for being a pedophile?

shosta

« Reply #22164 on: July 21, 2018, 01:23:58 AM »
No, just for being annoying.
每天生气

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #22165 on: July 21, 2018, 01:25:19 AM »
Great, now the RE mods know I post here :-/

And lol this is priceless:

Quote from: xxxtriggeredtacion
Dude there's a bot that literally tracks and catalogues posts from people here that jackass weirdos don't like

Assuming it’s the ban catalog thing:

1. It’s just a bot
2. It has nothing to do with doxxing people
3. It’s got nothing to do with finding posts jackasses don’t like

ashep

« Reply #22166 on: July 21, 2018, 01:26:10 AM »
Banned for downplaying the threat of doxxing by hatesite the bore  :dead

https://www.resetera.com/posts/10624484

Also, he got banned for attacking other members when 2 posts later labor tells him noone takes him seriously  :comeon
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 01:32:19 AM by ashep »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22167 on: July 21, 2018, 01:27:24 AM »
Because apparently posting anywhere but RE is suspect.

Everything that's not Re is a hate site brah.

I mean... RE itself is just a bunch of secret alt-right alts, racists who wants to call everyone a nicca, Nazi moderates, the_donald posters and Russian shills all playing a long con unto one another until they can find something to latch their agitprop on, like the slightest slip of faith into the sanctity of the MCU or the SWEU.

Or so you'd believe reading the regulars there.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 01:41:42 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

EightBitNate

« Reply #22168 on: July 21, 2018, 01:29:07 AM »
Because apparently posting anywhere but RE is suspect.

Everything that's not Re is a hate site brah.

I mean... RE is just a bunch of secret alt-right alts, racists who wants to call everyone a nicca, Nazi moderates, the_donald posters and Russian shills all playing a long con until they can find something to latch their agitprop on, like the slightest slip of faith into the sanctity of the MCU or the SWEU.

Or so you'd believe reading the regulars there.

My favorite posts involve people implying that there’s a significant group of alt-right posters on the site. Like there’s no doubt some trolls, but from the way people talk you’d assume damn near half the site were Nazis.

BisMarckie

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #22170 on: July 21, 2018, 01:31:42 AM »
#Free213372bu, he did nothing wrong
Friendly reminder that I am a nice dude on both sites and got perma'd on the account of 1)Being a junior 2)Attacking somebody unprovoked when I registered for the site at its inception and was a full member that posted a thread. :doge

Meh, fuck them. They can't handle you. :-*

agrajag

sphagnum

« Reply #22172 on: July 21, 2018, 01:33:13 AM »

Dude there's a bot that literally tracks and catalogues posts from people here that jackass weirdos don't like

1. It’s just a bot

The ban bot has a VIP section that catalogs the posts of specific RE members and it's hosted by Kiwifarms. Do you really think it's outside the realm of possibility that a weirdo from there would use that to keep tabs on someone, put together info to figure out who they are, etc.?

EightBitNate

« Reply #22173 on: July 21, 2018, 01:36:14 AM »

1. It’s just a bot

The ban bot has a VIP section that catalogs the posts of specific RE members and it's hosted by Kiwifarms. Do you really think it's outside the realm of possibility that a weirdo from there would use that to keep tabs on someone, put together info to figure out who they are, etc.?

Oh that’s news to me. But how is that different than forums that give you the option to view all of a user’s posts? I know RE let’s you disable it but I’m struggling to see how you could use that to dox someone.

thisismyusername

« Reply #22174 on: July 21, 2018, 01:36:30 AM »

Don't worry, they're starting to heat the wood ovens.

This is a good time to remember that we have plenty of alt-right people here as well. Be careful about sharing too much personal info or making spicy posts, especially if you’ve revealed your occupation or workplace.

Some of these performative “progressives” are waiting for slip-ups
Like stufte?

Exodust really should throw that back at them if he's on the highway to the Danger Zone perma-town. "Oh, you mean like when one of you loony-tunes went to a developers work-place/site and e-mailed their manager to try to get them fired? :smug "

Half those bitches would scatter like cockroaches at that.

thisismyusername

« Reply #22175 on: July 21, 2018, 01:37:58 AM »

1. It’s just a bot

Oh that’s news to me. But how is that different than forums that give you the option to view all of a user’s posts? I know RE let’s you disable it but I’m struggling to see how you could use that to dox someone.

You post some personal information (where you're from, your age, etc.), these post-finding bots (post history in your example) can be scraped with a database query. Start googling around, aka: digital footprint. Other breadcrumbs are left at other sites/boards if used by the same username.

??????????

PROFIT!

This is like James Gunn's twitter account being scraped to find "dirty/un-PC tweets" and then being thrown back at him. The internet spiel of "whatever you post on the internet is written in pen" is apt.

EightBitNate

« Reply #22176 on: July 21, 2018, 01:44:20 AM »
Oh wow that’s insane. Imagine if they used their powers for good.

I thought the reason Cerium was upset about the ban github was because he didn’t want people to see how big an issue the ban problem was. Didn’t know there was something like that on there. (Edit apparently the request to remove it was before users were cataloged.)

I wonder who’s getting catalogued :doge
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 02:07:48 AM by EightBitNate »

sphagnum

« Reply #22177 on: July 21, 2018, 01:45:43 AM »

1. It’s just a bot

Say someone is careless and isn't thinking about how they could be being watched by people on another site. They might mention their job or their age or the city they live in. They might post a picture of themself that can be reverse image searched. The VIP list obviously makes it easier for that data to be compiled.

You could say "well shouldn't they know not to post that stuff on the internet?" Well, yes, but it happens all the time because most people aren't public figures expecting that their posts on some random message board are being cataloged by weirdos. It's no different than how people don't like being filmed in public even though they're in public.

sphagnum

« Reply #22178 on: July 21, 2018, 01:47:46 AM »
I mean you guys may just be having a laugh (a lot of the times I think undeservedly) at posts that you think are dumb, but as stupid as this sounds, "Weaponized *incoherent screeching*" can be both an impressive and dangerous thing.

Edit: oops, didn't know aut ism was on a word filter

clothedmacuser

« Reply #22179 on: July 21, 2018, 01:48:20 AM »
Not being paranoid is ban worthy on ERA. 

Then why did my Pizza-Gate threads get me permed!
sigh

thisismyusername

« Reply #22180 on: July 21, 2018, 01:48:28 AM »
I mean, to use you for example: I could google "EightBitNate" and your GAF account (though I'm not sure if it's archived with the move/implosion), your Bore account, your *incoherently screeching* account would be on the search results. If I had the means/time/etc. to interface with the board API (if available), I could get results from your post history of state, age, name (if provided), etc. etc. etc. off those.

And some folks tie their username directly into their Facebook/Twitter custom URI/URLs. Thereby tying a username to a real name and age/address.

"Doxxing" has gotten very simple because most people don't practice basic privacy. Why do you think my NeoGAF name and Bore name here are different? 1) Because I didn't want bans on GAF being tied to this account and 2) because I know splinter forums that are FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR worse than the Bore (no offense) would be trying to gather any information on accounts.

1. It’s just a bot

Say someone is careless and isn't thinking about how they could be being watched by people on another site. They might mention their job or their age or the city they live in. They might post a picture of themself that can be reverse image searched. The VIP list obviously makes it easier for that data to be compiled.

You could say "well shouldn't they know not to post that stuff on the internet?" Well, yes, but it happens all the time because most people aren't public figures expecting that their posts on some random message board are being cataloged by weirdos. It's no different than how people don't like being filmed in public even though they're in public.

:preach

Also there's a book About this very thing, Nate. While it's focused on women's privacy-- and a lot of it was "no shit, Sherlock" for me, since I deal/dealt with this sort of shit in the past -- it's practical for both sexes. If you want, I can send you my Humble Bundle copy to read.

EightBitNate

« Reply #22181 on: July 21, 2018, 01:54:14 AM »
I mean, to use you for example: I could google "EightBitNate" and your GAF account (though I'm not sure if it's archived with the move/implosion), your Bore account, your *incoherently screeching* account would be on the search results. If I had the means/time/etc. to interface with the board API (if available), I could get results from your post history of state, age, name (if provided), etc. etc. etc. off those.

And some folks tie their username directly into their Facebook/Twitter custom URI/URLs. Thereby tying a username to a real name and age/address.

"Doxxing" has gotten very simple because most people don't practice basic privacy. Why do you think my NeoGAF name and Bore name here are different? 1) Because I didn't want bans on GAF being tied to this account and 2) because I know splinter forums that are FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR worse than the Bore (no offense) would be trying to gather any information on accounts.

Yeah I know all about doxxing but I didn’t know people were actively doing. Like I know certain names are out there but a bot is just mind-boggling to me. I thought maybe they were just coming across names (via things like sharing on RE or social media) but not actively pursing identities. I guess that was naive of me.

Also there's a book About this very thing, Nate. While it's focused on women's privacy-- and a lot of it was "no shit, Sherlock" for me, since I deal/dealt with this sort of shit in the past -- it's practical for both sexes. If you want, I can send you my Humble Bundle copy to read.

My back catalog is kinda big right now. Might come back around for this later.

thisismyusername

« Reply #22182 on: July 21, 2018, 01:57:47 AM »
It doesn't have to be bots, per se. Don't underestimate the power of many people with free-time gathering information on someone they target.

To use a 4chan trolling example, these folks trolled Shia into moving his "they shall not divide us" flag to like another country, these folks spent a huge amount of their time finding the particular shack that he was live-streaming from. Then took the flag down as the ultimate "we got you" troll.

Now apply that to Kiwifarms, Voat, et. al. sites that are fast and loose in regards to their "morality" (for lack of terms). If these folks want to compile a dossier on you (or anyone they want to target) and they have enough people? Doesn't need to be automated, they can go through your post history with a fine-tooth comb if that's what they wanted to do.

EightBitNate

« Reply #22183 on: July 21, 2018, 02:02:52 AM »
It doesn't have to be bots, per se. Don't underestimate the power of many people with free-time gathering information on someone they target.

To use a 4chan trolling example, these folks trolled Shia into moving his "they shall not divide us" flag to like another country, these folks spent a huge amount of their time finding the particular shack that he was live-streaming from. Then took the flag down as the ultimate "we got you" troll.

Now apply that to Kiwifarms, Voat, et. al. sites that are fast and loose in regards to their "morality" (for lack of terms). If these folks want to compile a dossier on you (or anyone they want to target) and they have enough people? Doesn't need to be automated, they can go through your post history with a fine-tooth comb if that's what they wanted to do.

That’s fascinating/terrifying. I hate the hivemind with a passion and would love to see it destroyed, but I could never hate a single person from RE enough to ruin their life (not even LionPride). Kind of a shame people assume TheBore does anything like that.

sphagnum

« Reply #22184 on: July 21, 2018, 02:06:07 AM »
There was also that time /pol/ tracked down the location of a Syrian rebel training camp despite the video and photos showing a totally nondescript desert location and subsequently gave that info to the Russian military which bombed the camp.

thisismyusername

« Reply #22185 on: July 21, 2018, 02:09:08 AM »
For the most part, I will say that like 90% of the internet doesn't give a shit about you. ( :doge #NoTNoShade totally honest) It's the 10% (and that's being generous) that hate your posting style, your writing style, your looks, whatever the fuck that triggers the hell out of them enough to start to piece together your "digital footprint" that you would have to worry about. But again I highly (given your gender) doubt you have to worry about that unlike women on the internet.

That aside, unless these folks physically start to call you up in the dead of night like the women that got harassed under Gamergate did: You don't really need to worry if they have a "profile" on you. That book I linked talks about "information brokers"/sites that get your public information. So if they got your name already, they'd be able to get your public information (unless you specifically request this deleted, which is a huge hassle).

Edit: Now I really should get to bed since my own internal voice is changing from the norm which tells me I'm up way later than I probably should be. I can discuss this further later if you want, but the book I linked (and like I said, I can give you the PDF off humble if you want) gives tips/information about this sort of thing.

EightBitNate

« Reply #22186 on: July 21, 2018, 02:17:11 AM »
Thanks for the crash course

Boredfrom

« Reply #22187 on: July 21, 2018, 02:19:31 AM »
I mean you guys may just be having a laugh (a lot of the times I think undeservedly) at posts that you think are dumb, but as stupid as this sounds, "Weaponized *incoherent screeching*" can be both an impressive and dangerous thing.

Edit: oops, didn't know aut ism was on a word filter

Nah, I think it is deserved given how shitty oldGaf and Ree can be and how little they learn when this debacles happens.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #22188 on: July 21, 2018, 02:31:27 AM »
see my secret is that i copy and paste what they post publicly and often link directly to the tweet/post

boom got em

Averon

« Reply #22189 on: July 21, 2018, 02:41:01 AM »
I see benji's doxxing operations are finally exposed.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #22190 on: July 21, 2018, 03:42:54 AM »
see my secret is that i copy and paste what they post publicly and often link directly to the tweet/post

you ain't slick

clothedmacuser

« Reply #22191 on: July 21, 2018, 04:03:55 AM »
Labor defends Michael Ian Black(face)

Meh, Michael Ian Black has been railing against these dipshits for over 2 years. I imagine if they had dirt on him they would have found it awhile ago. He's been hounding Dana Loesch, Cernovich, and Ben Shapiro for quite some time.
They may not need actual dirt if they can convince the right gullible people
https://www.resetera.com/threads/disney-severs-ties-with-james-gunn-after-controversial-tweets.56755/page-74#post-10627577

https://twitter.com/michaelianblack/status/691369504190889984

https://twitter.com/michaelianblack/status/925774585278205952

It's a shame he's so slick!  He got that slick dick.
sigh

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #22192 on: July 21, 2018, 05:42:37 AM »
Damn, the heat had got people going crazy on REEE eh? We've had like 3 fucking huge meltdowns over the past month. I love it. Bring on the 1 year anniversary.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

nudemacusers

« Reply #22193 on: July 21, 2018, 06:01:01 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/top-nfl-qb-prospect-josh-allen’s-offensive-high-school-tweets-unearthed.38706/

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/pr-exec-tweets-going-to-africa-hope-i-dont-get-aids-just-kidding-im-white.737791/

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/microsoft-studios-creative-director-has-some-choice-words-about-always-online.534951/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/disney-severs-ties-with-james-gunn-after-controversial-tweets.56755/

Racist content from teens, Comsole fanboying and a random person’s AIDS joke is worse than streams of pedophilia jokes from a 40 year old MCU director :doge

If a forum whose posters once let themselves be moderated by a belligerent liberal pedophile show you who they are, believe them  :doge 

It’s also funny to watch posters now malign the ‘outrage culture’ of on-line social media when it’s welded to nefarious means which is to say quoting publicly available information.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #22194 on: July 21, 2018, 06:20:38 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/top-nfl-qb-prospect-josh-allen’s-offensive-high-school-tweets-unearthed.38706/

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/pr-exec-tweets-going-to-africa-hope-i-dont-get-aids-just-kidding-im-white.737791/

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/microsoft-studios-creative-director-has-some-choice-words-about-always-online.534951/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/disney-severs-ties-with-james-gunn-after-controversial-tweets.56755/

Racist content from teens, Comsole fanboying and a random person’s AIDS joke is worse than streams of pedophilia jokes from a 40 year old MCU director :doge

If a forum whose posters once let themselves be moderated by a belligerent liberal pedophile show you who they are, believe them  :doge 

It’s also funny to watch posters now malign the ‘outrage culture’ of on-line social media when it’s welded to nefarious means which is to say quoting publicly available information.

peak whataboutism right here, folks

benjipwns

« Reply #22195 on: July 21, 2018, 06:24:38 AM »
I'll just let the movies speak for themselves.

The MCU is so much weaker now without Gunn.

nudemacusers

« Reply #22196 on: July 21, 2018, 06:26:37 AM »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22197 on: July 21, 2018, 06:28:04 AM »
This thread does not appear to have been made in good faith.

:beli
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #22198 on: July 21, 2018, 06:30:47 AM »
The Alt-Right uses us to turn something old into an outrage and people fucking celebrate when they win. This is goddamn infuriating and sickening.
Disney was fully aware of his sense of humour years ago.

That's why they hired him for Guardians of the Galaxy.

They wanted an edgier director that also happened to be experienced with more family-friendly films and Gunn was the perfect fit for that. He already apologised YEARS AGO, back during the first GotG film, going as far as to delete some entries from his personal blog, so this is not a revelation or anything. He owned it. Disney was doubly aware. There was a bit of a booh-booh because of that, but hey, it's not like it was a secret or anything. Time passed. He was then hired again, right away, for GotG2. Because Disney didn't give a fuck, nor they should.

Then, just a couple of days ago the same disbarred piece of shit who promoted Pizzagate made a huge ruckus after Gunn shat on Trump, and Disney decided that NOW, that was an unforgivable sin.

So just be clear about this. Gunn, known for being the director of Tromeo and Juliet, Slither and Super, the same person who wrote an R-rated script for Scooby Doo, who's friends with pornstars and hires said pornstars for his projects, was hired by Disney, fully aware of all that, to develop the edgier franchise of the MCU. And then, the leading figure of the goddamn Pizzagate controversy, had him fired because of some unfunny tweets from a decade ago that are nowhere more offensive that anything ever said in South Park.

And well meaning progressives are cheering, because oh, the outrage.

Let all of that sink in.
As I said, everything abount Gunn was well known both to Disney and film fans. He was hired for it, not in spite of it. There was no outrage. It was fine. He never harmed a fly and his South Park style of edgelord humour was very, very public.

Then Disney decided that human scum like Cernovich and his army of alt-right trolls are too precious to offend them.

The message is fucking terrifying.

And some goody two shoes progressives are happy with it, because for them tone policing is the issue of our generation.
Gunn has grown. His "jokes" were disgusting, but they weren't aimed at anyone in a malicious way. He has gorwn since, and has plenty of people referencing his good nature. Not seen a single story or claim to suggest his edgelord humour had anything more nefarious behind it.

Had he started spewing that shit post-GotG, I'd be all for this.

As it was years ago and the guy has obviously grown, this entire thing is a sham.

This is how you lose support for actual situations that need action.

I think this is probably part of the plan of those who were involved in instigating this, too. Something like:

1. Guy insults their beloved leader
2. They dredge up past problematic tweets
3. They get the guy fired
4. "Outrage culture is a fucking joke!"

Not that this makes any sense under scrutiny for a variety of reasons, but when did that ever matter?
r.i.p. in peace free speech of Disney's edgier franchise directors due to unpatched weaponized morality exploits

benjipwns