Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5905551 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| ERA? I don't know her.
« Reply #36660 on: September 25, 2018, 05:09:20 PM »
mods suck :-\

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| ERA? I don't know her.
« Reply #36661 on: September 25, 2018, 05:09:44 PM »
wait so then who changed the thread title? modwar over titty bowser? :doge

Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash
« Reply #36662 on: September 25, 2018, 05:09:57 PM »
how were they banned for this?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/vg24-valkyria-chronicles-4%E2%80%99s-sexual-harassment-problem-is-unacceptable-in-2018-read-op.70827/#post-13069735

How does the game treat the butt grab as ok? I just watched the video and it portrays both the butt grab and him as in the wrong.

She literally turns around and decks him after it

He thinks he's invicible and awesome and she has to save his ass all the time, he eventually matures over the course of the story and she's his actual love interest. But dont expect anything from ERA but getting irrationally angry at half of one scene

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #36663 on: September 25, 2018, 05:10:36 PM »
I like how bork is a bigot toward bowsette but has a filthy avatar gif.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36664 on: September 25, 2018, 05:15:02 PM »

I loved the new title.  Ya'll just couldn't handle it.
:idont
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36665 on: September 25, 2018, 05:15:45 PM »
I like how bork is a bigot toward bowsette but has a filthy avatar gif.

I posted Bowsette pics...in the right thread.
:rollsafe
ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36666 on: September 25, 2018, 05:22:07 PM »
Bowsette can't be contained!

kingv

« Reply #36667 on: September 25, 2018, 05:29:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/racism-will-never-be-solved-imo-a-thought-on-white-resentment.70860/

Here we go again. I mean it's true to some extent aside from the hyperbole but it's not like the posters with anger management issues are there to actually discuss anything aside from venting their shit and(probably) being oblivious about it.

Well the BCT largely does create its own problems.

Sometimes it even makes them up!

Propagandhim

« Reply #36668 on: September 25, 2018, 05:49:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/racism-will-never-be-solved-imo-a-thought-on-white-resentment.70860/page-3#post-13080400
Quote from: platocplx
Until laws outlaw racism harshly and treat it as a holocaust, Pearl Harbor 9/11 level of bad. It will not remove itself from society.

There aren't enough jails in America for all the indictments Era would dole out for the crime of 'racism'.

Quote from: platocplx
There are very nice and loving racists out there. People who kiss their children at night, pillars in their community but do things that are racist. And people need to realize racism isn’t just being a bad person and it’s beyond that. There are “nice” racists, these are the people who tolerate but do not want people of color in their neighborhoods won’t move to a “black” or “asian“ neighborhood etc if a white one exists etc. there are so many levels.

I hope you're proud of yourself, son.  For the crime of moving to a white neighborhood instead of an available asian or black one,  I sentence you to 5 years in the pen.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 06:03:55 PM by Propagandhim »

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #36669 on: September 25, 2018, 05:59:19 PM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36670 on: September 25, 2018, 06:01:43 PM »
The tyrant bork strikes again. :tocry
dog

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #36671 on: September 25, 2018, 06:06:34 PM »

I loved the new title.  Ya'll just couldn't handle it.
:idont
persecuting filler for literally following the title of the thread :thinking

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #36672 on: September 25, 2018, 06:09:20 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 06:45:53 PM by stufte »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36675 on: September 25, 2018, 06:43:09 PM »
I like how he's throwing a comment out there that would've been relevant months ago when the first Battlefield V trailer hit.  :doge

Also, he previously wasn't Woke-Man.  :idont
🤴

stufte

« Reply #36676 on: September 25, 2018, 06:48:34 PM »
I like how he's throwing a comment out there that would've been relevant months ago when the first Battlefield V trailer hit.  :doge

It's in reference to Rome: Total War 2 changing a game everyone already bought to include women as generals and the inevitable backlash.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #36677 on: September 25, 2018, 06:54:56 PM »
resist
(Image removed from quote.)

I was going to turn this black and white and do a Nike "believe in something" parody ad but I can't be arsed

So imagine I did that and it is hilarious and provide likes accordingly
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #36678 on: September 25, 2018, 07:07:52 PM »

It's in reference to Rome: Total War 2 changing a game everyone already bought to include women as generals and the inevitable backlash.

They're at this strange impass again where they can't decide if it's just a game and it doesn't have to be realistic or if 10% of the generals back then we're really women and that anyone who doesn't know that didn't pay attention in class.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #36679 on: September 25, 2018, 07:45:24 PM »
It's crazy to me that reddit of all places feels so relieving to visit after a wade through Resetera. It's such a suffocating atmosphere over there.

Are you really surprised though, bb? It was GAF 2.0 from the get-go.

thisismyusername

« Reply #36680 on: September 25, 2018, 07:46:58 PM »

https://www.pcgamer.com/total-war-rome-2-is-getting-review-bombed-on-steam-because-of-women-generals/

Edit: What's funny is they're pulling the DICE "don't like it, don't buy/play it" card, when most of the review bombs are from people that already paid/can't refund. FuckYouWeGotYourMoney.gif and all that.

tummyfat

« Reply #36681 on: September 25, 2018, 07:47:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/racism-will-never-be-solved-imo-a-thought-on-white-resentment.70860/

Here we go again. I mean it's true to some extent aside from the hyperbole but it's not like the posters with anger management issues are there to actually discuss anything aside from venting their shit and(probably) being oblivious about it.

When quote-post ban fishing isn't enough, you make an entire thread to try and get the guy banned.

SUCCESS
https://www.resetera.com/threads/casual-usage-of-the-n-word-by-non-black-people.70726/page-8#post-13072870

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36682 on: September 25, 2018, 07:48:07 PM »

Bowser is a tyrant too :thinking
ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36683 on: September 25, 2018, 07:50:09 PM »
A seductive tyrant.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #36684 on: September 25, 2018, 07:59:30 PM »

bowser showed us his tits :maf

Jansen

« Reply #36685 on: September 25, 2018, 08:00:16 PM »
Post your Bowsette and related stuff here.
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=45474.0

Why do you guys want bans?  :-\

Idk why do you enjoy having a stick up your ass?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #36686 on: September 25, 2018, 08:05:38 PM »

« Reply #36687 on: September 25, 2018, 08:07:52 PM »

Well, dress slutty and we'll decide

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36688 on: September 25, 2018, 08:18:55 PM »

Idk why don't you ask the members who don't want to see NSFW stuff posted in this thread? 
:ufup

"Oh no, he said to go post pictures in a different topic.  WHAT A TYRANT!"
:rage
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 08:26:52 PM by bork »
ど助平

agrajag

« Reply #36689 on: September 25, 2018, 08:26:22 PM »

bowser showed us his tits :maf

Only one way to solve this.

Bork, show us your tits!

Shuri

« Reply #36690 on: September 25, 2018, 08:31:09 PM »
From the forum that slammed medias for bullying when that former Cosby actor was seen working at a Trader's Joe, here comes a thread about paying celebs $20 for custom greeting messages..

https://www.resetera.com/threads/til-you-can-pay-%E2%80%9Ccelebs%E2%80%9D-to-record-personalized-greetings.70807/

Even mods get into the shaming action with "That is kinda of sad"

Jansen

« Reply #36691 on: September 25, 2018, 08:32:42 PM »

Idk why don't you ask the members who don't want to see NSFW stuff posted in this thread? 

Everyone that complained are fucking pussies.  Hope they don't complain about era in here cuz that would make them hypocrites.

thisismyusername

« Reply #36692 on: September 25, 2018, 08:33:52 PM »

Their mistake is browsing this board while at work.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36693 on: September 25, 2018, 08:34:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/vg24-valkyria-chronicles-4%E2%80%99s-sexual-harassment-problem-is-unacceptable-in-2018-read-op.70827/page-11
User Banned (Permanent): Nonsensical grandstanding and inflammatory false equivalencies surrounding censorship; junior phase account downplaying diversity and inclusivity efforts
Even considering the actions portrayed in this game, the scariest part of this thread is the blatant censorship of any account that puts forth any sentiment that doesn't completely agree with the OP, even if they don't promote sexism.

I understand that this may be a private organization but it also holds itself out as a place of discussion. You walk a dangerous path.

Let me just put these here as food for thought.

Books won't stay banned. They won't burn. Ideas won't go to jail. In the long run of history, the censor and the inquisitor have always lost. The only weapon against bad ideas is better ideas.

Alfred Whitney Griswold

All censorships exist to prevent anyone from challenging current conceptions and existing institutions. All progress is initiated by challenging current conceptions, and executed by supplanting existing institutions. Consequently the first condition of progress is the removal of censorship.

George Bernard Shaw

Censorship is the child of fear and the father of ignorance.

Laurie Halse Anderson

Thought that is silenced is always rebellious. Majorities, of course, are often mistaken. This is why the silencing of minorities is necessarily dangerous. Criticism and dissent are the indispensable antidote to major delusions.

Alan Barth

Without free speech no search for truth is possible... no discovery of truth is useful... Better a thousandfold abuse of free speech than denial of free speech. The abuse dies in a day, but the denial slays the life of the people, and entombs the hope of the race.

Charles Bradlaugh

“Censorship reflects society’s lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.”

–Potter Stewart

I detest sexual harassment. Women should certainly be treated better than they are in society. However, be aware that by walking this censorship path you are only creating the very thing you intend to destroy. Those voices will go elsewhere where people think the same way and they will be ever ingrained further into their way of thinking rather than being challenged and having to engage with differing views. It is especially stupid when it is a few mod's doing the censoring since it imposes such a limited scope of ideas upon this discussion.

I'm sure I will myself be banned for pointing this out.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 09:29:41 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36694 on: September 25, 2018, 08:37:00 PM »

Everyone that complained are fucking pussies.  Hope they don't complain about era in here cuz that would make them hypocrites.

They're hypocrites because they don't want to get in trouble for having lewd fanart on their screen without warning?
 :cmonson

Get over it.  Talk about having a stick up your ass.  :doge
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36695 on: September 25, 2018, 08:37:19 PM »

Or browsing this entire forum.  At all!
ど助平

PogiJones

« Reply #36696 on: September 25, 2018, 08:38:28 PM »
Not really surprised, no. It's still crazy though. Reddit shouldn't feel like a reprieve from anything.

Still, I thought there was a chance that $$ would cause the staff to become a little more sane over time.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #36697 on: September 25, 2018, 08:39:24 PM »
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=45505.40440;last_msg=2505517
User Banned (Permanent): Nonsensical grandstanding and inflammatory false equivalencies surrounding censorship; junior phase account downplaying diversity and inclusivity efforts
text

Nonsensical?

The ban message sounds like some sort of supervillain dismissing the hero as they deliver the tagline of the movie

"Stop your blathering nonsense about good prevailing!  Your grandstanding won't save you now!  Take him away!"
Uncle

thisismyusername

« Reply #36698 on: September 25, 2018, 08:44:17 PM »

Or browsing this entire forum.  At all!

:trumps

Not really surprised, no. It's still crazy though. Reddit shouldn't feel like a reprieve from anything.

Still, I thought there was a chance that $$ would cause the staff to become a little more sane over time.

Reddit's always been "you get what you put in." I haven't really ever had "shit" subreddit problems outside of the popular/defaults. Generally the smaller ones are alright to deal with. So for me, Reddit's always been better than GAF and 2.0 because for the most part, the insane folks are generally drowned by the mods.

Jansen

« Reply #36699 on: September 25, 2018, 08:44:28 PM »

They're hypocrites because they don't want to get in trouble for having lewd fanart on their screen without warning?
 :cmonson

Get over it.  Talk about having a stick up your ass.  :doge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #36700 on: September 25, 2018, 08:49:01 PM »
borkette when

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #36702 on: September 25, 2018, 08:52:59 PM »
Little did he know bork works at the very place where he is interning
Uncle

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36705 on: September 25, 2018, 08:56:48 PM »
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=45505.40440;last_msg=2505517
text

Nonsensical?

The ban message sounds like some sort of supervillain dismissing the hero as they deliver the tagline of the movie

"Stop your blathering nonsense about good prevailing!  Your grandstanding won't save you now!  Take him away!"

Is the thread turning into a ban graveyard?  Right under that post:

User Banned (Duration Pending): Endorsing inflammatory false equivalencies surrounding censorship and downplaying diversity and inclusivity efforts
Quote from: Raven117, post: 13083245, member: 2359
Quote from: Khanimus, post: 13082674, member: 4154
Games don't just pop out of the ether.  They chose to create this scene, they thought it was worth putting in there.

This isn't a "separate fiction from reality" problem.  And it doesn't matter if this is one scene or one of two dozen.  Someone along that production chain thought this was worthwhile to put in there, and played it off as a fucking joke.

These attitudes ain't a light fantasy - this is shit real people deal with, and this game just chooses to continue to normalize it.  Fuck that.
My only point is perspective.  Real women suffer from sexual assault on a daily basis.  This is of course an issue that absolutely needs to improve in our society.  If we use this scene to discuss it, then that is fantastic.  It should be constantly addressed.

Id rather they not put the scene in there.  Its not my thing.  But just one meh, scene, I can get over.  Others, they can't and thats fine.  Everyone gets to choose what's important and what isn't to them.

Quote from: Jamesb0ndjr, post: 13083192, member: 45506

I'm sure I will myself be banned for pointing this out.

I hope you don't.  I liked your quotes.  There are way too many on here quick to want to censor instead of actually addressing the underlying issues of what lead to the act they want to censor in the first place.  Its just a game of whack-a-mole.  Its happening everywhere too, but especially the political conversation.

Edit: I took out references to violence.  I don't want it to be misconstrued as equating violence and sexual assault issues versus the influence of video games on the player.  Two very different issues.
ど助平

agrajag

« Reply #36706 on: September 25, 2018, 08:58:16 PM »
Little did he know bork works at the very place where he is interning

Suck my dick and balls, I jerk off to Bowser porn!

« Reply #36708 on: September 25, 2018, 08:58:35 PM »

Jansen

« Reply #36709 on: September 25, 2018, 09:04:03 PM »
7 views? Is that you?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36711 on: September 25, 2018, 09:06:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/vg24-valkyria-chronicles-4%E2%80%99s-sexual-harassment-problem-is-unacceptable-in-2018-read-op.70827/page-12

Quote from: Linkura, post: 13086392, member: 2697
Quote from: Koppai, post: 13086155, member: 2944
It's just fan service. And while its sexist, anime and Japan and general have always had perverted moments like this.

Not defending this practice, but Japan is still very isolationist when it comes to social justice issues.

Just like they asked Japanese people about Scarjo playing Kusanagi in the GITS movie, and Japanese people seemed largely okay with it. They don't think the same as the western world.
Way to edit your post there to avoid a ban. (It was only the first 2 sentences for about 5 minutes.)

I saw you.

:badass
ど助平

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #36712 on: September 25, 2018, 09:09:52 PM »
text

Nonsensical?

The irony being that 'Nonsensical Grandstanding' is ERA's bread and butter. If they're banning for that, might as well axe most of the userbase.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36713 on: September 25, 2018, 09:21:02 PM »
your link is fucked up bork, wtf

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #36715 on: September 25, 2018, 09:49:16 PM »
ERA seriously just needs to go with set categories for bans. I don't know who is writing them (I suppose the individual mods), but the word salad some of these bans have become makes me tear my hair out, and I'm not an English teacher. If a person who actually did care about grammar saw some of those ban messages, it would probably give them the grammar version of PTSD.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #36716 on: September 25, 2018, 09:53:00 PM »
I think anyone who drops a bunch of celebrity quotes from famous people in a thread like it's a 10th grade history paper deserves to be banned anyway
每天生气

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #36717 on: September 25, 2018, 09:53:36 PM »
ERA seriously just needs to go with set categories for bans. I don't know who is writing them (I suppose the individual mods), but the word salad some of these bans have become makes me tear my hair out, and I'm not an English teacher. If a person who actually did care about grammar saw some of those ban messages, it would probably give them the grammar version of PTSD.

Are you trying to say it would trigger them

:social
Uncle

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #36718 on: September 25, 2018, 09:55:39 PM »

That won’t work when it doesn’t matter what rule is being broken, but who is breaking that rule and for what reason. Hard to define *anything* when you go off your feelings and what you deem best for your hugbox.

« Reply #36719 on: September 25, 2018, 10:07:31 PM »
User warned: dismissive, disingenuous rhetoric designed to tone police distinguished peoples of color who are marginalized within their communities while down-playing social justice concerns in bad faith and denying autonomy of minorities leading to misapplication of racist rhetoric combined with history of holocost denial, junior account