Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5828957 times)

Jansen

Quote from: RyougaSaotome, post: 16582192, member: 3055
The second she followed up BLM with ALM, her whole statement fell into the fucking toilet.

There is literally zero reason to bring up ALM here except to signal to those types.

Ugh. There ain't no winning for us, is there.

No not with the all or nothing attitude there isn't

https://www.resetera.com/threads/actually-what-pelosi-said-wasnt-acceptable-heres-why-you-missed-it.91571/

What in the fuck is wrong with these people. Black people only have one friendly side in America at this time when the other side is racist against you they have one side which defends them and one side which introduces bills protecting you and one side which goes against the other side for institutional racism and you want to drive a purity test on words. What the fuck .

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
We are getting other 4 years of Trump, doesn’t it?
We? You're Mexican!
每天生气

Boredfrom

The simple fact is, your country has made BLM to be toxic, to paint is as a singular focus on Black people above all others. It is no wonder that someone who wants to push for election is trying to distance themselves from it, wrong as it is. It doesn't matter that BLM isn't exclusive, but a focus on how black people are murdered without care, or due diligence as your media, your president, your politicians have made it to be exclusive. She could fight against it, and probably should, but when the left wing of your "progressives" feels they're better off trying to push an ALM vs BLM movement, then you probably should just accept that BLM as a movement is dead in terms of winning elections.

That would mean accept that politics are more complicated than being in “the good side of history”.

Boredfrom

We? You're Mexican!

And you are our neighbors. I’m not thrilled that the Peso takes a nose dive every time Trump whines about factories or NAFTA was being unfair to the US (lol).
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 10:30:30 PM by Boredfrom »

Boredfrom

Reee is not wrong in calling out Pelosi but I also think they cannot discuss this with nuance giving how unhinged are about this the more outspoken members of Reee.

agrajag

We? You're Mexican!

And you are our neighbors. I’m not thrilled that the Peso takes a nose dive every time Trump whines about factories or NAFTA was being unfair to the US (lol).

shosta annihilated

Bounceounce

lmao I like how the first thread had an overwhelming consensus in favor of Pelosi, so they had to make a second thread to be like “no guys, we have to get mad this time”
First thread had too much Bernard.

Jansen

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-what-still-remains-just-a-blatant-rip-off-of-the-last-of-us.91567/#post-16581193

Quote from: Riboflavin, post: 16581193, member: 32421
In the same way that the Mona Lisa is just another painting , yes.

Lmao

Jansen

Lol they played junomars

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Wipeout :nope Make a future-racer that has a retiree's speed and music selection brehs.

Someone hasn't played on Supersonic+

Uncle

• Have You Ever
lmao I like how the first thread had an overwhelming consensus in favor of Pelosi, so they had to make a second thread to be like “no guys, we have to get mad this time”

It's fucking incredible

"She said all lives matter!!!" from a nobody, close thread and ban the dude, it's clearly a troll

"She said all lives matter!!!" from DigitalOp, a new thread fighting back against the decision to close the first one, which on any other forum would be taken as backtalk against the mods and be immediately shut down in did-we-fucking-stutter style

Instead thread suddenly has a new chorus and stays open for 6 pages and counting

DigitalOp just blatantly shitting all over the reset administration and making them all 100% bitchmade for all time  :clap :rejoice :delicious
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Bire Lives Matter
©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Also interesting to note that DigitalOp's coup wasn't ever mentioned or hinted at in the BCC so you know it was fully discussed and crafted in the sooper sekrit discord

You know you'd think Pelosi All Lives Mattering would warrant a slight mention somewhere in BCC, even in the "everyone out to get their hits in today" sense, but nothing

:rollsafe :putin
Uncle

shosta

What nobody wants to admit is that The Last of Us is a blatant ripoff of I Am Alive!
每天生气

shosta

I find this OP racist as fuck towards white people, and the anger in this thread is something I dont want to be a part of anymore. This is just talking points to plant more seeds of dissent. If I get banned for this post then fuck it, this forum wasnt worth it anyway.
:heh
imagine being this dramatic
每天生气

Boredfrom

DigitalOp is racist as fuck, though.

Bounceounce

Reee is not wrong in calling out Pelosi but I also think they cannot discuss this with nuance giving how unhinged are about this the more outspoken members of Reee.
Its more the fact that the entire message board mobilizes and changes the narrative based on the first few posts, that coupled with people one up-ing each other.

First thread by now banned member BurntFoot:https://www.resetera.com/threads/pelosi-responds-to-black-lives-matter-question-by-saying-african-american-grievances-need-to-be-addressed.91484/#post-16568781
“But we really have to redress past grievances in terms of how we have addressed the African-American community."

Clickbait.
yeesh

bit of a baity op huh
Did you literally ignore what she said after just to start shit?

Qualifiers, how do they work?
She’s refuting the typical all lives matter stance by distilling the essence of the black lives matter stance. This is clickbait.
So we just lie in the thread titles and no ban?
Talk about a thread backfire...
Ah wait it's BurtFoot, professional troll. Forget I said anything, fuckin' A.

It was so bad that a mod had to step in because everyone was covering for an All Lives Matter line.

So you go from a position where a thread is lock & ban worthy on the account of being an obvious ‘suspect concern troll’ to one where the sides are completely flipped. At this point you’d be an obvious troll for posting anything that was posted in the first thread.

All  those threads ever are paronoia, one upping your fellow posters, and following the opening sentiment of the first few posts.

If you needed any more proof ERA is irredeemable trashola :trash
What he did is no different than what Autodidact does daily.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
Digital OP is like 18, 19?  He's like if a non-cool LionPride never learned about paragraphs.
sigh

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Not to be outdone, this is now an issue of sexism, that's right folks, the fact that it's a takedown of a white woman means more than that her statement is a takedown of black men

Quote from: mollusklover
And thus begins the takedown of another dem woman.
You think her fumbling an easy question is a takedown?
She didn't fumble anything. This forum has a problem with powerful women let's be honest. They make any mistake, real or perceived and they get crucified. Hilary, Elizabeth Warren, Gillebrand, Pelosi, Kamala Harris, Klobuchar the list goes on and on. Meanwhile Era darlings like Beto, Biden, and Bernie (well more in 2016 he gets more heat now) are given a pass.
Bernie was actually shit on a lot in 2016 and Hillary was very much supported. They both had their fans and detractors, this feels like a dumb deflection from the substance of the OP.
Once she became the nominee. Then after she lost people on here couldn't wait to shit on her telling her to 'go away' which is not at all sexist. I've said my piece on here. Every time I see this crap I'm gonna comment on what I think is sexism on Era. When it happens to AOC I'll comment on that too. Unfortunately I don't think I'll convince anyone.
So do you think the OP is without merit or arguingbin bad faith. Do you think this would not be an issue if Schumer said it. I'll grant its probable she get it worse because of her gender but that doesnt take away from her gaffe.
I'm arguing if a man does what she does he wouldn't get criticized for what she said. People would excuse it and explain it away. We'd probably get a 'lot of not a good look' posts. That's sort of the go to 'I disagree with what you said but don't criticize you too harshly for saying it'. Instead we have people piling on because they don't like the way Nancy Pelosi looks (Upper class looking women) and can't even take a second to look at her record or how well respected she is. When all this nonsense about a challenge to her speakership started the CBC endorsed her right away. As far as they were concerned it wasn't even a debate.

:social
Uncle

clothedmacuser

I like to think that if Stanley Milgram was still alive, he'd be pretending to be a girl in Overwatch.

I think him and Philip Lambardo were uploaded into the memory banks of the web and they made GAF and Era to see how fast people can become assholes.
sigh

ResetBanBot

:wut
When the mask slips and you realize ResetEra is a psy-op consisting of thousands of alts and markov bots which endlessly create circular arguments designed to create strife and inefficiency. ResetEra doesn't just seem like parody, it actually is.

ResetEra is a Russian bot.

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
Drop everything! Forget about BLM/ALM/whatever.... There are more important issues at hand
Today is just not my day. I was eating some ice cream with a plastic spoon and when I finished I realized a bit of the spoon was missing. How fucked am I?

Doesn't help that tomorrow is Sunday so the earliest I could go see my doc is Monday at best =/

Shaking rn, I just saw my cutlery drawer

ResetBanBot

Concerning white feminism

clothedmacuser

Thread criticizing Pelosi closed. 

https://www.resetera.com/posts/16588356

sigh

Averon

It was cute seeing some of them trying to use the sexism angle to shutdown the discussion and criticism about Pelosi's comments. For a while there, you were either a flimsy and unreliable white "ally" that will sell blacks down the river or a sexist that has undue criticism of a strong female leader.

It was like the two pillars of Reee, feminist politics and racial politics, were clashing to see who was the top dog.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 02:39:51 AM by Averon »

ResetBanBot

Blacks BTFO by white feminism

PogiJones

No, you guys misunderstand. BurntFoot wasn't banned for making the exact same misrepresenting hit thread as DigitalOp. He was banned for saying he wasn't voting dem.

User Banned (Duration Pending): Trolling, antagonizing members, history of repeated infractions.

Obviously a much more noble reason to ban someone. A black guy not voting dem has to be trolling, right? His vote belongs to dems.

That's right, saying you won't vote dem is ANTAGONIZING other members.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

shosta

I don't know where else to put this but this goes here now
每天生气

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
Bearstars is a good series. We

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Oh the Adder changed his avy  :(
ὕβρις

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
aoc dance in fortnite when?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
https://www.resetera.com/threads/please-i-beg-you-watch-your-spoilers.91583/

:crybaby

I just wish people would be more considerate with movie spoilers until after it's out on DVD/Bluray.

:derp

I agree with most people that there just needs to be a balance. After a while it's fine fine to discuss. There are several people in this thread posting major spoilers for no reason though.
Mod should edit them into "Fuck you" because that's what those posts really means.

:umad
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
She doesn’t fully support it because real talk the movement is too polarizing for people.

I mean, Reee still thinks that being a politician and calling the president a motherfucker is acceptable (even if the president is indeed a motherfucker) but comedians need to police themselves.

Pelosi belongs to the establishment. what did y'all expect?

doesn't change the fact everyone needs to vote dem come the general election.

a shame nonetheless. establishment dems still out of touch with minorities.

:doge

2020 DEBATE

Moderator: "Do Black lives matter... Warren?"

Warren: "Well *cough* if you look at it...."

TRUMP: "WOAH EASY ON THE COUGHING I DON'T WANT TO GET SICK. IS THIS SAFE? I DON'T WANT ALL THESE DISEASES YOU PEOPLE CARRY ALSO I CAN'T HEAR YOU CAN YOU SPEAK UP?"

:trumps
🤴

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
Remember when the CNN contributor was fired for using the "from the river to the sea" phrase because it's considered to be a dogwhistle? Guess who didn't believe that using that phrase was an issue?

Quote from: digitalop
I heard worse from CNN contributors that resulted in no action.

It essentially because America can't stop sucking Israel off, absolutely pathetic
https://www.resetera.com/threads/marc-lamont-hill-fired-by-cnn-over-isreal-remarks.84031/post-15506051

Quote from: digitalop
Troubled phrase or not, MLH made it explicitly clear he supports a 2 state solution.. Santorum wants 1....

But we're told that CNN is justified in letting him go, okay...
https://www.resetera.com/threads/marc-lamont-hill-fired-by-cnn-over-isreal-remarks.84031/post-15510101

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
brody's bomb never goes off

he was literally shaking

that's a homeland spoiler and if you haven't seen it fuck you

Propagandhim

brody's bomb never goes off

he was literally shaking

that's a homeland spoiler and if you haven't seen it fuck you

Cauliflower Of Love

I never said I was retiring from the posting.

agrajag

that's too bad

Cauliflower Of Love

Cauliflower Of Love

you guys are assholes, a hatesite if you will

Propagandhim

I was just happy to have an opportunity to post Fat Man, tbh

Jansen

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-days-gone-is-the-next-big-sony-franchise.91633/#post-16593878

Quote from: DMVfan123, post: 16593878, member: 2806
HELL YEAH

ResetEra is going to learn to respect the name Days Gone

80+ Meta, top 10 on NPD for 2019, bigger than RE2, Sekiro, and DMCV

Don't @ me

:insane

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Oh the Adder changed his avy  :(
after people here expressed that they hoped he would never change it :thinking

benjipwns

Toxic masculinity constructs is the biggest threat to human civilization.

benjipwns

was searching for that post and found out the mods silenced this dude for warning about PewDiePie and the rise of Nazi's, no wonder caravans of droves being:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fascism-alt-right-nazis-the-importance-of-de-platforming-ot.21852/post-4292718
Is pew die pie alt right? I remember him making nazi "jokes" and using racial slurs but he is almost never mentioned. Is it the lack of political motivation that makes it more just racism than alt rightism?
He perpetuated the alt-right "reading books" meme (every alt-righter is obsessively reading books right now, btw, a good way to spot em) with his new video and even read typical alt-right books, including Fahrenheit 451, Aldous Huxley, Jordan Peterson.
Fahrenheit 451 is not an alt-right book.

I guess in principle you can read anything into anything if you really want to but I can't really see any sense in calling it an alt-right book.
It's a very common alt-right book, it's basically "i'm thinking about becoming alt-right but haven't yet"
I agree with you 100%. The people we're talking about have the IQ of about 60. It's still a common alt right book. They like 1984 too. Go check /lit/. I'm talking about pewdiepie being a transparent alt-right troll, not the substance of the book
I'm serious. It's important to recognize the signs of someone becoming radicalized. You realize that there's literal nazis out there, right? This is long past being a joke and I'm right in the center of it all (I can drive to Charlottesville for lunch) so I hear about these things all of the time. The straight white male obsessed with bitcoin who scoffs at mass media and becomes obsessed with reading the Great White Male authors has become a major trope and it's becoming so frequent that I hear stories about them in coffee shops all over the place. This is the start of a major movement and it's important to recognize the signs so that people know when they need to help intervene on these people and spread positive messages.

They're reading:
Dystopian Novels (Huxley, Dick, Bradbury, Orwell)
Anti-Media novels (Wallace)
Pro-Capitalist (Rand)
Bible
Old Philosophers (Aristotle, Plato, etc)
Self Help novels (toxic male ones, like Jordan Peterson or Tim Ferris)
Nietzsche (especially him)

If you see anyone reading these books in a coffee shop, I dare you to ask them the questions you could use to spot a typical white supremacist. Ask them their favorite classical music artist and ask them their racial heritage. They'll have long answers prepared for both and will answer delightfully. Now imagine for a moment, that if you could just look down on this poor, obviously angry soul (probably reading Infinite Jest or Evola), and you reach out to him and you say, "Listen, I know it's hard. Life's hard. I know it's hard to lose your privilege, but it's time to finally think about PoC, LGBT+, and women and the persecution they face, too. It's not all about you." You could really reach out to these vulnerable kids with a message of love and unity and prevent them from becoming absorbed in hate. Offer to take them around an urban neighborhood and do some good, donate some time or something. Having one less nazi in the world is hardly something to take lightly.

benjipwns

It's part of why I've had a lingering thought about why Anita Sarkeesian was such a tipping point for a lot of this shit happening online: they weren't mad about what she was making, they were mad that she found a way to make a living by having an opinion they disagreed with. Then they decided they could do the same, to the detriment of society. I can't really say for sure that's true, but it rings true in a way
:ohhh

Propagandhim

Brave New World is alt-right now?    :lol :lol :lol

Propagandhim

To draw a knowing simplification, the leftist sees platforms as method of sharing ideas, and thus resists deplatforming under the assumption that it harms the idea of ideas. It is a matter of principle, if somewhat abstract. The alt-right member by comparison sees platforms as a method for attaining status. And from status, success. And from success, validation by a society viewed as a shallow and ruthless capitalist cult.

I'm fucking dying here.   :lol :lol :lol

Propagandhim

Deplatforming is not about killing ideas or discourse. It is about stopping an exploitative individual from using a platform to gain power at society's expense.

"Thus concludes my presentation entitled, Stopping Aldous Huxley: A Social Imperative"

benjipwns

The alt-right and monetization provides a path for such people to become successful and experience validation of their world view. It seems pretty common in that culture for people to market and present themselves as far more successful than they really are - it's a big part of the image. Aside from basic income and survival issues, I think there could be a lot of psychological weight behind deplatforming.

The alt-right member by comparison sees platforms as a method for attaining status. And from status, success. And from success, validation by a society viewed as a shallow and ruthless capitalist cult.

Because the status-seeker doesn't care about ideas (or the consequences of them), they will say anything so long as it gains them status and power of some kind.
:success BIG CONSERVATIVE MONEY :success

Propagandhim

Almost as bad as Big Paleo

benjipwns

I like how the first pages of that thread, from nearly a year ago, include a discussion of "is PewDiePie really alt-right or just stupid"? And the last page, from current times, is all "how do we deplatform the Nazi PewDiePie before he holocausts again?"

benjipwns

I have just filed a complaint* with the alt-right university administration for having a large alt-right temple on campus full of millions of alt-right books promoting the alt-right "reading books" meme.

*Under shosta's name.

Propagandhim

I like how the first pages of that thread, from nearly a year ago, include a discussion of "is PewDiePie really alt-right or just stupid"? And the last page, from current times, is all "how do we deplatform the Nazi PewDiePie before he holocausts again?"

They simply "deplatformed" all the people contributing to the former narrative who were obviously using ResetEra to gain power at society's expense.