Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5828430 times)

agrajag

Re: Other Forums |OT| Book Reading, Free Speech, and Full-Blown Centrists Within
« Reply #54300 on: January 16, 2019, 04:53:20 PM »
Quote from: marrec
essay

Quote from: leadbelly
essay

Quote from: Uncle
essay

Quote from: PogiJones
essay

:cat

bork sort this out

Leadbelly

Re: Other Forums |OT| Book Reading, Free Speech, and Full-Blown Centrists Within
« Reply #54301 on: January 16, 2019, 04:54:36 PM »
That said, in terms of your opinions and your right to say them, that is pretty much protected in the US where in Europe is not.
There are very constrained edge cases where the US is more permissive than Europe (holocaust denial being a big one), but on the whole it's ridiculous to say there are no protections for free speech or freedom of expression in Europe.

There is no 1st amendment like protections. That is what I meant.  There is nothing to stop any new legislation being passed tomorrow. Which is why we have hate speech in Europe. There is nothing to protect us from not having hate speech laws.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #54302 on: January 16, 2019, 04:57:26 PM »
You do realize the US has hate speech laws, right? Meaning they don't have absolute free speech either, which according to you is not Free Speech(TM).

What hate speech laws?

Hate speech in the United States. Hate speech in the United States is not regulated, in contrast to that of most other liberal democracies. The U.S. Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled that hate speech is legally protected free speech under the First Amendment.
Well, fuck me sideways. Still, my point stands. The US being closer to the ideal doesn't mean that Europe doesn't have any free speech protections whatsoever. :hmph

[parade of Bowsette]
You have to use something that doesn't have near forum-wide approval.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 05:10:05 PM by Rufus »

PogiJones

« Reply #54303 on: January 16, 2019, 04:57:35 PM »
My "essay" was like two quarter-paragraphs. That ain't no essay.

Leadbelly

« Reply #54304 on: January 16, 2019, 04:59:57 PM »
You do realize the US has hate speech laws, right? Meaning they don't have absolute free speech either, which according to you is not Free Speech(TM).

What hate speech laws?

Hate speech in the United States. Hate speech in the United States is not regulated, in contrast to that of most other liberal democracies. The U.S. Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled that hate speech is legally protected free speech under the First Amendment.
Well, fuck me sideways. Still, my point stands. The US being closer to the ideal doesn't mean that Europe doesn't have no free speech protections whatsoever. :hmph

[parade of Bowsette]
You have to use something that doesn't have near forum-wide approval.

lol

marrec

« Reply #54305 on: January 16, 2019, 05:00:03 PM »
My "essay" was like two quarter-paragraphs. That ain't no essay.

In this post I will write an essay in an attempt to prove you wrong and show that essays can indeed be like two quarter paragraphs:

Introduction to the Essay-

spoiler (click to show/hide)
not really tho
[close]

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #54306 on: January 16, 2019, 05:00:20 PM »
The first amendment is the condom that protects lady liberty from getting knocked up by the jizz of agenda-driven censorship

But some people say we've kept it in our wallet too long when in actuality it's still fine and they're just trying to poke a hole in it

Now others argue that lady liberty could just take a morning after pill but with the way big pharma is going she might get to the CVS and find out the price is all jacked up

So she'll just stand there at the counter quietly sobbing with censorship jizz slowly leaking out of her puss
Uncle

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #54307 on: January 16, 2019, 05:00:46 PM »
There is no 1st amendment like protections. That is what I meant.
Why didn't you say that the first time. >:(

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #54308 on: January 16, 2019, 05:03:11 PM »
He's following my teachings
🤴

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #54309 on: January 16, 2019, 05:03:15 PM »
The first amendment is the condom that protects lady liberty from getting knocked up by the jizz of agenda-driven censorship

But some people say we've kept it in our wallet too long when in actuality it's still fine and they're just trying to poke a hole in it

Now others argue that lady liberty could just take a morning after pill but with the way big pharma is going she might get to the CVS and find out the price is all jacked up

So she'll just stand there at the counter quietly sobbing with censorship jizz slowly leaking out of her puss
Great. Now I am extremely aroused.

Leadbelly

« Reply #54310 on: January 16, 2019, 05:04:33 PM »

I wish I did to be honest. :p

jorma

« Reply #54311 on: January 16, 2019, 05:08:42 PM »
That said, in terms of your opinions and your right to say them, that is pretty much protected in the US where in Europe is not.
There are very constrained edge cases where the US is more permissive than Europe (holocaust denial being a big one), but on the whole it's ridiculous to say there are no protections for free speech or freedom of expression in Europe.

There is no 1st amendment like protections. That is what I meant.  There is nothing to stop any new legislation being passed tomorrow. Which is why we have hate speech in Europe. There is nothing to protect us from not having hate speech laws.

you are using Europe very liberally here, because Sweden does have both freedom of the press and speech constitutionally protected, meaning that it would take two parliamentary sessions with an election inbetween to change them

jorma

« Reply #54312 on: January 16, 2019, 05:10:30 PM »
when private entities have taken over hosting the public spaces that previously were operated by the government they obviously have to take over the responsibilities to protect free speech as well.
wat

I will also point out that the threat doesn't come solely from the US, Europe is just as much a threat, possibly a bigger threat since there are no free speech protections.
wat

how was that unclear? private enterprise now owns the spaces where the soap boxes are placed

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #54313 on: January 16, 2019, 05:12:00 PM »
They own their own soapboxes which everyone wants on because of their attached audiences.

Jansen

« Reply #54314 on: January 16, 2019, 05:12:44 PM »
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 05:43:17 PM by Joe Molotov »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #54315 on: January 16, 2019, 05:14:09 PM »
No, I'm afraid you have to find something much worse. This is a secret weeb forum after all.

Jansen

« Reply #54316 on: January 16, 2019, 05:16:24 PM »
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 05:43:07 PM by Joe Molotov »

Jansen

« Reply #54317 on: January 16, 2019, 05:18:17 PM »
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 05:42:43 PM by Joe Molotov »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #54318 on: January 16, 2019, 05:19:03 PM »
And there it is.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #54320 on: January 16, 2019, 05:26:24 PM »
Free speech in Europe is a funny thing.

In the Netherlands we have something called "Freedom of expression".

However, you can't discriminate against religions, sex, ethnicity, race etc. ,denying the Holocaust is forbidden, insulting the royal family and or a befriended head of state is also forbidden but satire isn't.
By Dutch law calling Erdogan a pedo would actually be forbidden. Light hearted jokes about Muhammed would not be but no one wants to end up dead like Theo van Gogh so comedians avoid the subject as much as possible.

These laws were seldom used but with everything turning POLITICAL there are more and more cases regarding these subjects.
Germany had the comic who wrote a poem about Erdogan and was dragged to court. In the Netherlands we had Wilders, who asked his voters: "Do you want more or less moroccans?" to which everyone replied: "LESS LESS LESS"
And that stunt has him doing trials for the past 3 years now.
Holocaust denial was not much of a thing for a while until radical islamists started to spread the gospel again. So now a lot of young Turks deny both the Holocaust and the Armenian genocide ever happened.

Every once in a while the government makes an example out of someone who crossed the line (Wilders) but in general these laws aren't enforced.
Which makes it all the more tricky when someone who throws an insult at the king is suddenly fined.

Where the EU stands on this is clear, when a bunch of weirdo's in the US made a hilarious shitty movie critizing the Islam and riots started(???) Schultz who headed up the EU parliament at that time did this:

It was then that I understood that politicians would never understand internet culture and trolling and thus would be powerless if those forces were ever used against them.
🤴

Leadbelly

« Reply #54321 on: January 16, 2019, 05:38:38 PM »

you are using Europe very liberally here, because Sweden does have both freedom of the press and speech constitutionally protected, meaning that it would take two parliamentary sessions with an election inbetween to change them

Yeah. I will choose my words carefully here as I'm just going to get the same argument back. What I would have said is that Sweden has 'hate speech' laws which makes the protection of free speech misleading. It is free speech with pretty big concessions. Of course as we have already been through, the counter argument would just be, there is a line somewhere even in America.

I'm just going to say that concessions to 'free speech' like this are a pretty big obstacle in the way of people being able to freely express an opinion. I mean disrespecting someone's faith is classed as hate speech in Sweden. Seems like a pretty big concession to me..

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #54323 on: January 16, 2019, 05:41:54 PM »
Germany had the comic who wrote a poem about Erdogan and was dragged to court.
Not quite. The case was dropped, but Merkel publicly approved of it going ahead, likely to protect the refugee deal with Turkey.

The law that allowed Böhmermann's prosecution has since been abolished, so some good came of the whole affair.

agrajag

« Reply #54324 on: January 16, 2019, 05:42:21 PM »
Society Comes At The Cost Of Concessions.

Leadbelly

« Reply #54325 on: January 16, 2019, 05:43:37 PM »
Society Comes At The Cost Of Concessions.

The cost of concessions can also be positive or negative.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #54326 on: January 16, 2019, 05:43:44 PM »
jensen please to be calming your tits
©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #54327 on: January 16, 2019, 05:43:49 PM »
SCAT COC
Uncle

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #54328 on: January 16, 2019, 06:01:19 PM »
I hate this page.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #54329 on: January 16, 2019, 06:14:09 PM »
Excel is still so fucking bitter about Ghostbusters

Hole hell that was awesome. Now this is what we really wanted.
Lol.

I love this we shit.

As if there's only one group of fans and you speak for them.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/teaser-trailer-for-jason-reitmans-ghostbusters-sequel.93869/post-16938635

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #54330 on: January 16, 2019, 06:17:40 PM »
They're going to make another ghostbusters movie?

Why does Sony hate us so much  :'(
🤴

Occam

« Reply #54332 on: January 16, 2019, 06:23:08 PM »
jensen please to be calming your tits

While I expect the real explanation to be much less intriguing, enquiring minds need to know: were his posts deleted because he posted tits?

Edit: So it was fur tits? Meh.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 06:47:11 PM by Occam »

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #54333 on: January 16, 2019, 06:26:42 PM »
"As if there's only one group of fans and you speak for them."

lol.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 07:01:57 PM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

jorma

« Reply #54335 on: January 16, 2019, 06:30:04 PM »

Yeah. I will choose my words carefully here as I'm just going to get the same argument back. What I would have said is that Sweden has 'hate speech' laws which makes the protection of free speech misleading. It is free speech with pretty big concessions. Of course as we have already been through, the counter argument would just be, there is a line somewhere even in America.

I'm just going to say that concessions to 'free speech' like this are a pretty big obstacle in the way of people being able to freely express an opinion. I mean disrespecting someone's faith is classed as hate speech in Sweden. Seems like a pretty big concession to me..

i'm not sure why you think disrespecting someones faith is hate speech here? You aren't allowed to hound/instigate against a group of people (like muslims, immigrants, swedish), but disrespect is allowed as long as it doesn't cross that magical line.

i do prefer the kkona speech laws, but the Swedish laws aren't as restrictive as one may think. you can't legally call a black man a distinguished black fellow, but you are still allowed to sing along to rap music  :doge

Averon

« Reply #54336 on: January 16, 2019, 06:36:54 PM »
People, he only has 27 posts.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/gillette%E2%80%99s-inspiring-new-ad-addressing-toxic-masculinity-asks-%E2%80%9Cis-this-the-best-a-man-can-get-%E2%80%9D.93503/post-16941157

He was just banned 5 days for this.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/teenagers-don-blackface-and-hand-out-gifts-to-children-in-parade-in-spain.92172/post-16679291

They just banned the guy for daring to disagree with them and only having 27 posts: https://www.resetera.com/threads/gillette%E2%80%99s-inspiring-new-ad-addressing-toxic-masculinity-asks-%E2%80%9Cis-this-the-best-a-man-can-get-%E2%80%9D.93503/page-29#post-16940972

User Banned (Duration Pending): Inflammatory False Equivalencies Over the Basis of Gender; Thread Derailment; Account in Junior Phase

Like the "banning" of outside detective work, the banning of quoting post counts is worthless if the mods still act on that information.

stufte

« Reply #54338 on: January 16, 2019, 06:40:43 PM »
Incelciorelf in that GB20 thread working overtime to protect a mediocre movie. :D

kingv

« Reply #54339 on: January 16, 2019, 06:41:57 PM »
I love that she is doing that. It’s gives me summer of 2016 nostalgia.

stufte

« Reply #54340 on: January 16, 2019, 06:47:11 PM »
If there aren't queef jokes in the new GB movie, I'm going to boycott it.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #54341 on: January 16, 2019, 06:48:44 PM »
agreeing with organisations like the ACLU, the EFF or Amnesty International is "right wing"
Whenever I see an ACLU lawyer and a Nazi defendant, I see two Nazi defendants.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #54342 on: January 16, 2019, 06:50:33 PM »
:shaking

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #54343 on: January 16, 2019, 06:55:45 PM »
"As if there's only one group of fans and you speak for them."

lol.

No one ever speaks of the Ghostbusters fans who rather want a crap reboot instead of a proper sequel. There must be dozens of them.

agrajag

« Reply #54344 on: January 16, 2019, 06:56:24 PM »
European cuckmods restricting Jansen's frozen peaches  ::)

agrajag

« Reply #54347 on: January 16, 2019, 07:05:19 PM »

I bet if there were queef jokes in an all male GB movie Era wouldn't like that.

Occam

« Reply #54348 on: January 16, 2019, 07:05:34 PM »
Wow, 1,000 pages. Can a normal mind preserve its sanity after this much condensed lunacy?

benjipwns

« Reply #54349 on: January 16, 2019, 07:07:18 PM »
also he seems like a coon

and while we're at it *add Jack's obsession with asking how dark a black person has to be before they can say nicca*

benjipwns

« Reply #54350 on: January 16, 2019, 07:10:32 PM »
but seriously at theboresite forums they have this section:
Those Who Serve
The Squad Room
This is a place for LEOs to hang out and for non-LEOs to interact with LEOs politely. It IS NOT a place to bash cops, or to discuss political or administrative issues that concern the police & policing.

meanwhile, The Bire just sends Boogie (the vile Canadian, not the less evil Nazi fatty) to break your legs

stufte

« Reply #54351 on: January 16, 2019, 07:10:46 PM »

I bet if there were queef jokes in an all male GB movie Era wouldn't like that.

Cultural Appropriation.

"queef is OUR word!"

PogiJones

« Reply #54352 on: January 16, 2019, 07:13:17 PM »
I was gonna say it was a crime that Occam took Benji's rightful place as the top post of page 1000, but then I saw what that top line would have been. I think it's a good thing good ol' Benji got bumped.

benjipwns

« Reply #54353 on: January 16, 2019, 07:13:44 PM »
when I see James Rolfe, I see two GamerGaters attacking women for making films for themselves to enjoy

benjipwns

« Reply #54354 on: January 16, 2019, 07:16:09 PM »
i'm just assuming Page 1000 is what gets this locked and sent into the archives that with the hilarious threads like the time a guy tried to use the internet on his Dreamcast and...well...a God of War review thread?

then we'll finally be free of this type of thread where lowlifes debate free speech

forever

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #54355 on: January 16, 2019, 07:16:52 PM »
Enzom jumping on the trend

74 in over a year.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/51-year-old-man-accused-of-punching-11-year-old-girl-at-north-carolina-mall.93769/post-16928064

Kree bitched about his warning in the secret discord and after the day ban is now convinced he's on the shitlist and the mods are going to un-person him

He got others to take up his mantle on the basis of "they can't ban all of us"
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #54356 on: January 16, 2019, 07:18:40 PM »
oh god

benjipwns

« Reply #54357 on: January 16, 2019, 07:19:48 PM »
once the dumpster thread is gone, i'll be free, free from the corrupt mods of The Bire and their incest furry conventions forever :rejoice

Occam

« Reply #54358 on: January 16, 2019, 07:23:05 PM »
once the dumpster thread is gone, i'll be free, free from the corrupt mods of The Bire and their incest furry conventions forever :rejoice

What did you do with your life the day The Bore was down?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #54359 on: January 16, 2019, 07:23:51 PM »
I saved the world.