Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5828374 times)

kingv

Re: Other Forums |OT| Book Reading, Free Speech, and Full-Blown Centrists Within
« Reply #54360 on: January 16, 2019, 07:25:56 PM »
I joined some Sanic forums.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Other Forums |OT| Book Reading, Free Speech, and Full-Blown Centrists Within
« Reply #54361 on: January 16, 2019, 07:28:23 PM »
What did you do with your life the day The Bore was down?
It was down?

Averon

« Reply #54362 on: January 16, 2019, 07:30:57 PM »
Enzom jumping on the trend

74 in over a year.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/51-year-old-man-accused-of-punching-11-year-old-girl-at-north-carolina-mall.93769/post-16928064

Kree bitched about his warning in the secret discord and after the day ban is now convinced he's on the shitlist and the mods are going to un-person him

He got others to take up his mantle on the basis of "they can't ban all of us"

Every time the BCT crew gets a little push back, they go overboard  :lol

Leadbelly

« Reply #54363 on: January 16, 2019, 07:34:09 PM »
That said, in terms of your opinions and your right to say them, that is pretty much protected in the US where in Europe is not.
There are very constrained edge cases where the US is more permissive than Europe (holocaust denial being a big one), but on the whole it's ridiculous to say there are no protections for free speech or freedom of expression in Europe.

There is no 1st amendment like protections. That is what I meant.  There is nothing to stop any new legislation being passed tomorrow. Which is why we have hate speech in Europe. There is nothing to protect us from not having hate speech laws.

you are using Europe very liberally here, because Sweden does have both freedom of the press and speech constitutionally protected, meaning that it would take two parliamentary sessions with an election inbetween to change them

Yeah. I will choose my words carefully here as I'm just going to get the same argument back. What I would have said is that Sweden has 'hate speech' laws which makes the protection of free speech misleading. It is free speech with pretty big concessions. Of course as we have already been through, the counter argument would just be, there is a line somewhere even in America.

I'm just going to say that concessions to 'free speech' like this are a pretty big obstacle in the way of people being able to freely express an opinion. I mean disrespecting someone's faith is classed as hate speech in Sweden. Seems like a pretty big concession to me..

i'm not sure why you think disrespecting someones faith is hate speech here? You aren't allowed to hound/instigate against a group of people (like muslims, immigrants, swedish), but disrespect is allowed as long as it doesn't cross that magical line.

i do prefer the kkona speech laws, but the Swedish laws aren't as restrictive as one may think. you can't legally call a black man a distinguished black fellow, but you are still allowed to sing along to rap music  :doge

Well, I basically read how it was defined.

Sweden prohibits hate speech, and defines it as publicly making statements that threaten or express disrespect for an ethnic group or similar group regarding their race, skin colour, national or ethnic origin, faith or sexual orientation.

That 'magical line' tends to be part of the problem. Who decides where the line is, exactly? I find when it comes to hate speech laws there is a problem with interpretation. That is certaainly the case in the UK, where I am from, and I imagine it is the same in Sweden. Hate is subjective after all.

A quick search bears this out.
http://en.protothema.gr/swedish-man-convicted-of-hate-speech-after-posting-funny-cartoon-of-islam/

edit:
That site actually links to infowars so perhaps not a good example
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 07:41:33 PM by Leadbelly »

agrajag

« Reply #54364 on: January 16, 2019, 07:34:40 PM »
but seriously at theboresite forums they have this section:
Those Who Serve
The Squad Room
This is a place for LEOs to hang out and for non-LEOs to interact with LEOs politely. It IS NOT a place to bash cops, or to discuss political or administrative issues that concern the police & policing.

meanwhile, The Bire just sends Boogie (the vile Canadian, not the less evil Nazi fatty) to break your legs

FACT CHECK: Boogie2988 had gastirc bypass!

benjipwns

« Reply #54365 on: January 16, 2019, 07:34:54 PM »
"Can't ban all of us"? After the digital lynching of person of color International Iron Man?

benjipwns

« Reply #54366 on: January 16, 2019, 07:36:26 PM »
I was gonna say it was a crime that Occam took Benji's rightful place as the top post of page 1000, but then I saw what that top line would have been. I think it's a good thing good ol' Benji got bumped.
WELL WELL WELL LOOK AT HOW THE MODS ARE TRYING TO FRAME DEFENSELESS BENJI

Jansen

« Reply #54367 on: January 16, 2019, 07:37:21 PM »

74 in over a year.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/51-year-old-man-accused-of-punching-11-year-old-girl-at-north-carolina-mall.93769/post-16928064

Kree bitched about his warning in the secret discord and after the day ban is now convinced he's on the shitlist and the mods are going to un-person him

Lol over a user warning and a one day ban no less

PogiJones

« Reply #54368 on: January 16, 2019, 07:38:16 PM »
 :noooo

Mods deleted Jansen's whole post on the previous page instead of just the gross pic, which now makes benji's post the top of page 1000

:picard

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #54369 on: January 16, 2019, 07:41:43 PM »
:noooo

Mods deleted Jansen's whole post on the previous page instead of just the gross pic, which now makes benji's post the top of page 1000

:picard

Uncle

PogiJones

« Reply #54370 on: January 16, 2019, 07:43:57 PM »
 :gddr5

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #54371 on: January 16, 2019, 07:45:09 PM »

74 in over a year.

Why don't you just say what you really want to say.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #54372 on: January 16, 2019, 07:45:47 PM »
:cat
©@©™

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #54373 on: January 16, 2019, 07:46:15 PM »
999 for life

PogiJones

« Reply #54374 on: January 16, 2019, 07:47:22 PM »

Look what your racist p.1000 post has done, benji

PogiJones

« Reply #54375 on: January 16, 2019, 07:49:40 PM »
Lol, what? But seriously this time, what's going on? Where did you delete a full page from, Joe?

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #54376 on: January 16, 2019, 07:50:58 PM »
Evidence is being deleted. Archive this page ASAP.

skullstorm

« Reply #54377 on: January 16, 2019, 07:51:38 PM »
He deleted a bunch of your posts Pogi

Occam

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #54379 on: January 16, 2019, 07:53:03 PM »
I deleted all the good posts.
©@©™

Jansen

« Reply #54380 on: January 16, 2019, 07:53:08 PM »

Jansen

« Reply #54381 on: January 16, 2019, 07:54:53 PM »
 :playa

benjipwns

« Reply #54382 on: January 16, 2019, 07:58:14 PM »
MODS TRYING TO KEEP ME TRAPPED IN HERE WITH YOU

benjipwns

« Reply #54383 on: January 16, 2019, 07:58:48 PM »
JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS OUT

PogiJones

« Reply #54384 on: January 16, 2019, 08:01:22 PM »
He deleted a bunch of your posts Pogi

Yeah, clearly:

I deleted all the good posts.

Jansen

« Reply #54385 on: January 16, 2019, 08:08:17 PM »
 :gddr5

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #54386 on: January 16, 2019, 08:08:34 PM »
What is this? A fucking time loop?

Jansen

« Reply #54387 on: January 16, 2019, 08:09:21 PM »
 :miyamoto

Jansen

« Reply #54388 on: January 16, 2019, 08:10:50 PM »
  :nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
:doge
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #54389 on: January 16, 2019, 08:13:39 PM »
I resolve, in an outreach and to set a good example of how ResetERA.com should reject its never ceasing bigotry, misogyny, racism, and pro-Trump agenda, to never again call attention to their crimes. As they would want, to protect the names of those they have silenced in the name of #trusttheprogress.

I ask that the rest of you join me. So that we can devote all our efforts to exposing rampant sarcasm of NeoGAF.com and/or The Bire's corrupt mods.

Thus begins a new era, and by era, I mean The Bire. In which we accept that we were the problem all along. That it was our actions that led to GamerGate and the rise of the Serbian Threat.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #54391 on: January 16, 2019, 08:17:47 PM »
PogiJones, you don't understand!  This means we get a do-over!  We get to christen page 1000 with a better totp this time!
Uncle

Jansen

« Reply #54392 on: January 16, 2019, 08:18:53 PM »

Jansen

« Reply #54393 on: January 16, 2019, 08:19:20 PM »

Jansen

« Reply #54394 on: January 16, 2019, 08:19:38 PM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #54395 on: January 16, 2019, 08:19:47 PM »
NO STOP
Uncle

Jansen

« Reply #54396 on: January 16, 2019, 08:19:54 PM »

Jansen

« Reply #54397 on: January 16, 2019, 08:20:08 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #54398 on: January 16, 2019, 08:20:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-traps-gay-contrapoints.93988/
Another great video by Natalie Wynn.
wouldn't there have to be a first one before you can say this?

Jansen

« Reply #54399 on: January 16, 2019, 08:20:25 PM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #54400 on: January 16, 2019, 08:20:37 PM »
YOU FUCK
Uncle

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #54401 on: January 16, 2019, 08:21:05 PM »
I would like this thread to perpetually be on page 999. Mods you know what to do.

Jansen

« Reply #54402 on: January 16, 2019, 08:21:07 PM »

Jansen

« Reply #54403 on: January 16, 2019, 08:21:26 PM »

Jansen

« Reply #54404 on: January 16, 2019, 08:21:46 PM »

Jansen

« Reply #54405 on: January 16, 2019, 08:22:00 PM »

Occam

« Reply #54406 on: January 16, 2019, 08:22:05 PM »
There's something wrong with the post count or page count.
The first post on page 1000 should be post number 60,000

Edit:  Never mind, it's correct. Post #60,000 will be the first post on page 1,001.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #54407 on: January 16, 2019, 08:22:19 PM »
Come on, can't chicken out now.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #54408 on: January 16, 2019, 08:22:59 PM »
I see, miscounted. :lol

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #54409 on: January 16, 2019, 08:23:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-traps-gay-contrapoints.93988/

(Image removed from quote.)

45 fucking minutes?  Why does this chick think she's so fucking interesting?  If I'm listening to a near 50 minute educational speech I want to see a teaching degree.
sigh

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54410 on: January 16, 2019, 08:23:26 PM »

dog

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #54411 on: January 16, 2019, 08:23:47 PM »

spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's not a post count, it's a reply count, so post #2 is reply #1
[close]
Uncle

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #54412 on: January 16, 2019, 08:24:23 PM »
45 fucking minutes?  Why does this chick think she's so fucking interesting?  If I'm listening to a near 50 minute educational speech I want to see a teaching degree.
A third of it will be safely skippable skits.

Occam

« Reply #54413 on: January 16, 2019, 08:27:15 PM »
Never mind, the first page starts with 0, and it's 999 pages  * 60.

Jansen

« Reply #54414 on: January 16, 2019, 08:28:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/16945466

Quote from: Baron von Loathsome, post: 16945466, member: 401
Though I wouldn't phrase it as such, this is something that's been on my mind lately as a nominal supporter of trans rights. As much as I hate to admit it, dating a trans woman is not something I'm comfortable with, and I feel like that's something of a failure on my part.

I'm close to a third of the way through this video right now with this dilemma at the back of my mind.

ETA on ban?

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #54415 on: January 16, 2019, 08:29:12 PM »
A third of it will be safely skippable skits.

Maybe she should write a book and I can get that one guy that reads faster than people speak to tell me what's in it.
sigh

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #54416 on: January 16, 2019, 08:31:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/16945466

Quote from: Baron von Loathsome, post: 16945466, member: 401
Though I wouldn't phrase it as such, this is something that's been on my mind lately as a nominal supporter of trans rights. As much as I hate to admit it, dating a trans woman is not something I'm comfortable with, and I feel like that's something of a failure on my part.

I'm close to a third of the way through this video right now with this dilemma at the back of my mind.

ETA on ban?
"nominal supporter"  :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #54417 on: January 16, 2019, 08:31:32 PM »
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 10:46:28 PM by benjipwns »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #54418 on: January 16, 2019, 08:32:06 PM »

74 in over a year.

Shockingly they think the moderation is too lax, last Lion was here. Until one of their own gets got, then they turn into prissy bitches about the moderation.

benjipwns

« Reply #54419 on: January 16, 2019, 08:34:29 PM »
Nothing wrong with that. At the end of the day all you can be reasonably expected to do is treat other people with respect in regards to their preferred name and pronouns, if at the end of the day you can't see a trans person as anything other than their birth sex then that's perfectly fine, just don't be a raging asshole about it.

Probably less than 1% of the population actually accepts trans people (talking about acceptance here not tolerance). Even as someone who meets the diagnostic criteria for GID myself, I still don't view transgender identities as valid barring a few exceptions.
14 posts, clearly inflammatory post meant to derail thread, with "but as a trans person myself" at the end.

Yeah nah brehs, don't even bother.
GOT EM