Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5828270 times)

Coitus

Re: Other Forums |OT| Book Reading, Free Speech, and Full-Blown Centrists Within
« Reply #54601 on: January 17, 2019, 10:32:49 PM »
But I don't get this obsession with miscategorizing things

Calling something a belief doesn't mean it's being given any respect in doing so, it's just...what it is

Like saying "Chris Pratt isn't a man, he's not human, he's a homophobe"

It’s the same genre as “racism is not a political view. denying my humanity is not a political view.” 

These idiots spout this while calling people Nazis, apparently completely unaware that the Nazis were a political party. 

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Other Forums |OT| Book Reading, Free Speech, and Full-Blown Centrists Within
« Reply #54602 on: January 17, 2019, 10:51:04 PM »
While also saying "you can't escape politics and just talk about games/movies/etc."

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #54603 on: January 17, 2019, 11:05:45 PM »
I listened to the leaked set, and it was actually better than his last Netflix one, tbh

:nope

leaked set was shit. Maybe two good jokes in a 45 minute set

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #54604 on: January 17, 2019, 11:15:46 PM »
Teenage boys experience more violence in dating than girls but guess who is to blame?

Toxic masculinity working as intended. Boys are meant to be strong and resilent and it's ok for girls to hit them because they can take it. What's a slap anyway when you're a man? After all girls are weaker than boys.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/boys-more-likely-to-be-victims-of-teen-dating-violence-than-girls-study-shows-violence-down-overall.94203/post-16978240

benjipwns

« Reply #54605 on: January 17, 2019, 11:18:26 PM »
Quote from: Frank O'Connor
Well, no violence is good but the headline is somewhat misleading at least with regards to power dynamics.

But I have a ten year old daughter and I've had conversations with her about violence and fights with school friends -- boys and girls. So far it's been penny-ante shoving or throwing a crayon but she knows the rules.

Never except in self defense and even then only if there's no other option - teacher, parent etc.

Also I'd be really careful about making even sensible seeming assumptions about who's more likely to report - there's a ton of survey factors that could easily flip or distort that rate.

Embarrassment would be one but so would physical fear or cultural wrappers.

benjipwns

« Reply #54606 on: January 17, 2019, 11:18:42 PM »
how do i make a twitter bot that just tweets out his posts

benjipwns

« Reply #54607 on: January 17, 2019, 11:19:51 PM »
how do i make a twitter bot that combines his posts with Jordan Peterson tweets

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #54608 on: January 17, 2019, 11:27:29 PM »
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:10:38 AM by shosta »
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #54609 on: January 17, 2019, 11:29:23 PM »
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:10:23 AM by shosta »
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #54610 on: January 17, 2019, 11:51:41 PM »
except for the Halo one i can't actually tell which came from whom

Jansen

Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #54611 on: January 18, 2019, 12:23:45 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/16977661

User Warned: Please do not shame members for their post count

The mods are so transparent with their user biases

benjipwns

« Reply #54612 on: January 18, 2019, 12:38:41 AM »
obv dude had to fire up one of his alts so his true account wasn't banned, i say perm both for being alt accounts

benjipwns

« Reply #54613 on: January 18, 2019, 12:40:45 AM »
make me a mod era, i'll clean up the bigotry and misogyny by the end of the week

you can reactivate and admin the "stufte" account and PM me the deets

benjipwns

« Reply #54614 on: January 18, 2019, 12:41:58 AM »
also i will help discover what the character count limit is for the ban messages

benjipwns

« Reply #54615 on: January 18, 2019, 12:45:06 AM »
User Banned (3 days): Antagonising other members

You blew it.

Adding Ronda Rousey means I am skipping this on release. Will get it used and cheap.
Okay....your singular sale is going to really kill MK11 sales! Better watch out NRS!

As if they care at all. Most people, outside of this site and other gaming forums, probably think it is a cool addition to have celebrity appearances in these games. They don't care about the quality of voice acting or the actresses personal views on things, whether they are terrible or not.

benjipwns

« Reply #54616 on: January 18, 2019, 12:47:17 AM »
User Warned: Peddling conspiracies. There are plenty of ways to critique Shaun King without regurgitating unfounded Breitbart "Not black!" rumors.

Rachel Dolezal brother.
ahahahahaha

User Warned: Hostility towards other members
All of my friends who are new to Star Wars cringed hard at that scene. "WHAT?! THAT is how Obi Wan goes out after his epic fight with Anakin in the previous movie??".
Your friends are shitheads for watching the prequels before the original trilogy.
hahahahahah

jorma

« Reply #54617 on: January 18, 2019, 12:56:49 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/16977661

User Warned: Please do not shame members for their post count

The mods are so transparent with their user biases

but i get banned for reporting someone who shames members for their post count  ???  ::)

ResetBanBot

« Reply #54618 on: January 18, 2019, 01:05:49 AM »
Can someone (Bananas?) let ResetEra know that Doug TenNapels is on an alt-right (not really, but close enough for ResetEra) stream talking about internet bloodsports and making edgy jokes? I want to watch ResetEra special fellow out for several hundred posts.

Love,
CrunkLord420

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #54619 on: January 18, 2019, 01:08:13 AM »
Im a pretty ugly guy, and my personality isn't great, and my penis is average, but I've gotten laid every week for the past ten years

:miyamoto
This should be the next Gillette ad

benjipwns

« Reply #54620 on: January 18, 2019, 01:10:17 AM »
I keep seeing bans for transphobia in this Mortal Kombat thread, is that referring to Rousey saying she wouldn't fight the transwoman because they were physically a male or was there more like things along the line of marrec's rants?

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #54621 on: January 18, 2019, 01:16:58 AM »
Guys what if this is really the end of Trump, it mike make Resetera fun again
:O

benjipwns

« Reply #54622 on: January 18, 2019, 01:21:04 AM »
Guys what if this is really the end of Trump, it mike make Resetera fun again
One Nazi down, 250 million to go.

benjipwns

« Reply #54623 on: January 18, 2019, 01:37:39 AM »
but i get banned for reporting someone who shames members for their post count  ???  ::)
i mean it's pretty obvious that you did it in bad faith, so i hope you learned your lesson about backseat moderating in bad faith

benjipwns

« Reply #54624 on: January 18, 2019, 01:58:14 AM »
if it wasn't in bad faith then why do i have this page from your diary:
Quote from: jorma
Dear Diary,

Today, I went on the internet forums ResetERA.com discussion forums and reported a post in bad faith. It felt good to go on the ResetERA.com forums on the internet and report a post in bad faith.

Death to Sweet Nicole! Go Lakers! #MAGA #GamerGate

xoxoxo,
jorma

PS I think I am becoming bad-faith-sexual.

PS2 I may take up doxxing.

PS3 Five hundred and ninety-nine U.S. dollars.

shosta

« Reply #54625 on: January 18, 2019, 02:12:53 AM »
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:08:36 AM by shosta »
每天生气

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #54627 on: January 18, 2019, 02:22:35 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-know-that-russia-is-using-far-right-people-for-political-gain-but-do-they-also-use-the-left.94072/

yikes glad i work for the kochs

edit:
A little off topic, but I suspect the Russians were fine tuning their manipulation skills in Libertarian circles long before 2016. My guess is they were testing their methods in 2012 and were instrumental in propelling Ron Paul into the spotlight during that time. There's also the fact that Ron Paul now works with the Russian media after leaving congress.
woof, yikes
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:46:05 AM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #54628 on: January 18, 2019, 02:24:44 AM »
When I first starting posting here I was brushing off the criticisms that some posters are Russian trolls, but over time certain posters defending Russia blatantly it just clicked. I do think this site has a problem on that front
The left is being manipulated on this very forum. We have an active russian account trying to stir inter-fighting amongst the left/liberals with threads like these, originally titled "Nancy Pelosi responds to Black Lives Matter with All Lives Matter"

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #54630 on: January 18, 2019, 02:29:12 AM »
After all you've seen Russia do why do you go to McCarthism? What things have you seen which has made you think Russia was innocent? You're right that people shouldn't be paranoid, assuming everyone is a Russia troll. But we can't ignore that these do exist and can be on forums like this. Why wouldn't they? This forum is politically tapped in to what's going on in the world, particularly in America. ERA has voters, is filled with Democrats, independents and third party voters. That's why I urge caution that this fear is bound to reality, which has been proven in the press and with the highest law enforcement branches. Many people have been indicted for this.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #54631 on: January 18, 2019, 02:49:41 AM »
Teach your kids to speak Chinese, not Russian.

benjipwns

« Reply #54632 on: January 18, 2019, 02:56:30 AM »
Well, I think that was all part of the plan (and trust me, I know exactly what you're talking about).

I believe it was a 3 step process:

1. Find the things on the far-left that most liberals would chuckle at (but not give a second thought to).

2. Signal boost the fuck out of those ideas. Influence others to take up these ideas too.

3. Divide the left.

I will tell you it worked on me. I unironically used the term SJW. I subscribed to /r/tumblrinaction and /r/kotakuinaction.
hope someone reported this monster to the mods

benjipwns

« Reply #54633 on: January 18, 2019, 03:02:56 AM »
So we're clear, I don't blame the Russia's supporting Bernie anywhere near what they did with Jill Stein. They went all out with Stein.
that was all out? from the 12th largest economy and 9th largest population on the planet?

benjipwns

« Reply #54634 on: January 18, 2019, 03:06:30 AM »
Battle of Stalingrad? Decent effort, kinda benefited from the Germans getting themselves encircled by accident, used lots of U.S. Lend-Lease materials. Jill Stein's 2016 campaign? All out by the Russian bear, scorched earth, resources drained to the bone.

benjipwns

« Reply #54635 on: January 18, 2019, 03:09:00 AM »
Like the war it's based on, Call of Duty: Jill Stein is pedaling professional esports to the masses.

benjipwns

« Reply #54636 on: January 18, 2019, 03:23:45 AM »

« Reply #54637 on: January 18, 2019, 03:40:59 AM »
One of the big names at Anime News Network was outed as a pedophile

The rest of the staff are claiming they didnt really know him and werent friends with him

Then someone else posted photos of them at a party together

Pretty wild to see the exact same playbook at work step by step

benjipwns

« Reply #54638 on: January 18, 2019, 03:41:42 AM »
Mortal Kombat thread is starting to get real negative about the WWE and professional fighters in general, where's incelsiorlef to defend the honor of wholesome American sports entertainment?!?

benjipwns

« Reply #54639 on: January 18, 2019, 03:44:00 AM »
they should reboot The Mole only instead of trying to find the saboteur everyone is trying to uncover the pedophile

spoiler (click to show/hide)
the entire rest of the show would remain the same
[close]

Propagandhim

« Reply #54640 on: January 18, 2019, 04:01:24 AM »

BikeJesus

« Reply #54641 on: January 18, 2019, 04:02:30 AM »
Think of it this way:

Imagine jerking off continuously, over the course of a night, and edging closer and closer and closer to ejaculation. At several key moments of intense stimuli, delicious delicious drips of pre-cum ooze out, signifying the explosion that is soon to come, but you hold back and relax for a moment each time, because you want to absolutely nail the explosion and derive maximum pleasure.

You keep going... hours pass... the longer you hold it in the more unbearable it's becoming...

At a certain point, the release is coming, we all know this, but we don't exactly know when... but the longer it's being kept in indicates the size of the explosion.

benjipwns

« Reply #54642 on: January 18, 2019, 04:41:26 AM »
OP of the thread says she's a radical feminist. Yet ResetERA.com is always telling me being a feminist is good? And to shut up and listen to women?

benjipwns

« Reply #54643 on: January 18, 2019, 04:42:33 AM »
Hopefully we'll get a Premiere skin for Sonya that reskins her as Cassie Cage, or something. I loved playing as Sonya in MKX, but this is going to guarantee I never even consider it. Rousey is a gross-ass person and I'm extremely disappointing in NRS for even considering her for the role, much less actually going forward with it and using her in marketing. That's particularly awful.
wow, literally erasing women

benjipwns

« Reply #54644 on: January 18, 2019, 04:43:34 AM »
People who take constant blows to the head not very smart or socially open minded you say?

Yeah, honestly I didn't know anything really about her before this thread and what I have learned is a good enough reason not to learn anything more.
:lol

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #54645 on: January 18, 2019, 04:57:33 AM »
ὕβρις

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #54646 on: January 18, 2019, 05:03:39 AM »
I listened to the leaked set, and it was actually better than his last Netflix one, tbh

:nope

leaked set was shit. Maybe two good jokes in a 45 minute set
Certainly wasn't great, but his last Netflix special was a turd.

jorma

« Reply #54647 on: January 18, 2019, 05:15:40 AM »
i mean it's pretty obvious that you did it in bad faith, so i hope you learned your lesson about backseat moderating in bad faith

yeah, they actually held my low number of posts against me because "junior account" was in the ban reason  :lol

Rahxephon91

« Reply #54648 on: January 18, 2019, 05:28:50 AM »
One of the big names at Anime News Network was outed as a pedophile

The rest of the staff are claiming they didnt really know him and werent friends with him

Then someone else posted photos of them at a party together

Pretty wild to see the exact same playbook at work step by step
Where is this?

Tiops

« Reply #54649 on: January 18, 2019, 05:47:54 AM »
"OUR TAKE" from Game Informer

Understanding why Woods is in KH3 doesn't make it suck that much less. I'm still going to roll my eyes and complain about it on Twitter.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #54650 on: January 18, 2019, 05:51:07 AM »
Because I work hard, struggle to get by, have no friends or anyone who legitimately gives a cares about me. Plus the world is going to shit. Basically, trying to do all the right things, yet feeling alone in a crowd, but no matter what I do, I always feel like I'm drowning or getting fucked in my ass. What keeps me from going totally insane is this hope that maybe things will get a little bit better and suck less.

Why is that difficult to understand? A lot of people feel this way and rightfully so.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-era-so-particularly-angry-this-2019.93449/page-11#post-16990504
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #54651 on: January 18, 2019, 05:54:03 AM »
Is there a problem with pointing out when accounts are likely to be troll or alt accounts? The frequency of bigots and concern trolls who eventually get banned having had low post counts on old accounts makes it a pretty easy trend to spot. So the stating of someone's post count is to warn others not to waste their time debating trolls.

"Likely."
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #54652 on: January 18, 2019, 05:58:31 AM »
What people seem to lack, unfortunately... is perspective. Being mad about X celebrity doing Y thing is a waste of one's time and energy... unless they're PewDiePie and indoctrinating children into alt-right thought tendencies. He deserves unlimited scorn.

PEWDIEPIE !  :dsp

The Pratt thread that just got locked was pretty fucking disgraceful.
Yeah...makes me wonder if some of the 4 chan elements are having too much fun causing dissension and trying to whip people up into an outrage orgy.

Remember, there's no outrage and we're not at fault anyway.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 06:03:54 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #54653 on: January 18, 2019, 06:04:41 AM »
I've watched more NaziePie since the controversies started than I ever have before*
Being generous I've probably only seen like 4 NaziPie videos
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #54654 on: January 18, 2019, 06:22:32 AM »
Don't be mad about celebrity X doing Y even if it's actually bad, be mad about famous YouTuber including a three second clip of a meme, among a collection of clips of said meme, that happens to be from a Nazi which all kids will immediately look up and be convinced is right about everything! Even after said YouTuber puts out videos saying "hey, turns out those dudes aren't cool, don't go to them, my bad" it'll be too late, they're already Nazi!

benjipwns

« Reply #54655 on: January 18, 2019, 06:28:09 AM »
Ignoring the whole it'll mislead them into believing it garbage. How deluded do you have to be to think a kid thinking he's getting funny videos is going to sit and watch some creep ramble about the darkies for hours on end? Even the actual Nazis and racists won't watch that shit.

Except JordanN obviously.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #54656 on: January 18, 2019, 06:49:21 AM »
I'd love to sit and watch some creep ramble about the darkies for hours on end :noah

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #54657 on: January 18, 2019, 06:49:46 AM »
I'd love to sit and watch some creep ramble about the darkies for hours on end :noah
4*

PewDiePie videos watched
[close]

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #54658 on: January 18, 2019, 06:53:39 AM »

Aren’t you from South Africa? You could probably just go down the street for that  :doge
Margs

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #54659 on: January 18, 2019, 06:56:54 AM »
If "new" posters don't troll then they won't get called out. There's no prejudice against anyone posting in earnest.

:delicious

You're overcomplicating this so much over a hypothetical problem. Meanwhile new trolls find their way onto the forum every day in pretty much exactly the same way. Most of the people you're referring to are quite familiar with the mods, because we're either friends with them or have filed hundreds of reports or both. If you have a problem you can take it up with the mods yourself, but don't presume to know what they want better than the people they're familiar to.

Trolls registering in droves ! Hundreds of reports filed to our friends ! Did you just assume my forum caste ?
:trigger

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-era-so-particularly-angry-this-2019.93449/page-11#post-16990977
ὕβρις