Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 6448934 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #53280 on: January 18, 2019, 02:56:30 AM »
Well, I think that was all part of the plan (and trust me, I know exactly what you're talking about).

I believe it was a 3 step process:

1. Find the things on the far-left that most liberals would chuckle at (but not give a second thought to).

2. Signal boost the fuck out of those ideas. Influence others to take up these ideas too.

3. Divide the left.

I will tell you it worked on me. I unironically used the term SJW. I subscribed to /r/tumblrinaction and /r/kotakuinaction.
hope someone reported this monster to the mods

benjipwns

« Reply #53281 on: January 18, 2019, 03:02:56 AM »
So we're clear, I don't blame the Russia's supporting Bernie anywhere near what they did with Jill Stein. They went all out with Stein.
that was all out? from the 12th largest economy and 9th largest population on the planet?

benjipwns

« Reply #53282 on: January 18, 2019, 03:06:30 AM »
Battle of Stalingrad? Decent effort, kinda benefited from the Germans getting themselves encircled by accident, used lots of U.S. Lend-Lease materials. Jill Stein's 2016 campaign? All out by the Russian bear, scorched earth, resources drained to the bone.

benjipwns

« Reply #53283 on: January 18, 2019, 03:09:00 AM »
Like the war it's based on, Call of Duty: Jill Stein is pedaling professional esports to the masses.

benjipwns

« Reply #53284 on: January 18, 2019, 03:23:45 AM »

« Reply #53285 on: January 18, 2019, 03:40:59 AM »
One of the big names at Anime News Network was outed as a pedophile

The rest of the staff are claiming they didnt really know him and werent friends with him

Then someone else posted photos of them at a party together

Pretty wild to see the exact same playbook at work step by step

benjipwns

« Reply #53286 on: January 18, 2019, 03:41:42 AM »
Mortal Kombat thread is starting to get real negative about the WWE and professional fighters in general, where's incelsiorlef to defend the honor of wholesome American sports entertainment?!?

benjipwns

« Reply #53287 on: January 18, 2019, 03:44:00 AM »
they should reboot The Mole only instead of trying to find the saboteur everyone is trying to uncover the pedophile

spoiler (click to show/hide)
the entire rest of the show would remain the same
[close]

Propagandhim

« Reply #53288 on: January 18, 2019, 04:01:24 AM »

BikeJesus

« Reply #53289 on: January 18, 2019, 04:02:30 AM »
Think of it this way:

Imagine jerking off continuously, over the course of a night, and edging closer and closer and closer to ejaculation. At several key moments of intense stimuli, delicious delicious drips of pre-cum ooze out, signifying the explosion that is soon to come, but you hold back and relax for a moment each time, because you want to absolutely nail the explosion and derive maximum pleasure.

You keep going... hours pass... the longer you hold it in the more unbearable it's becoming...

At a certain point, the release is coming, we all know this, but we don't exactly know when... but the longer it's being kept in indicates the size of the explosion.

benjipwns

« Reply #53290 on: January 18, 2019, 04:41:26 AM »
OP of the thread says she's a radical feminist. Yet ResetERA.com is always telling me being a feminist is good? And to shut up and listen to women?

benjipwns

« Reply #53291 on: January 18, 2019, 04:42:33 AM »
Hopefully we'll get a Premiere skin for Sonya that reskins her as Cassie Cage, or something. I loved playing as Sonya in MKX, but this is going to guarantee I never even consider it. Rousey is a gross-ass person and I'm extremely disappointing in NRS for even considering her for the role, much less actually going forward with it and using her in marketing. That's particularly awful.
wow, literally erasing women

benjipwns

« Reply #53292 on: January 18, 2019, 04:43:34 AM »
People who take constant blows to the head not very smart or socially open minded you say?

Yeah, honestly I didn't know anything really about her before this thread and what I have learned is a good enough reason not to learn anything more.
:lol

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #53293 on: January 18, 2019, 04:57:33 AM »
ὕβρις

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
Re: Other Forums |OT| Book Reading, Free Speech, and Full-Blown Centrists Within
« Reply #53294 on: January 18, 2019, 05:03:39 AM »
I listened to the leaked set, and it was actually better than his last Netflix one, tbh

:nope

leaked set was shit. Maybe two good jokes in a 45 minute set
Certainly wasn't great, but his last Netflix special was a turd.

jorma

« Reply #53295 on: January 18, 2019, 05:15:40 AM »
but i get banned for reporting someone who shames members for their post count  ???  ::)
i mean it's pretty obvious that you did it in bad faith, so i hope you learned your lesson about backseat moderating in bad faith

yeah, they actually held my low number of posts against me because "junior account" was in the ban reason  :lol

Rahxephon91

« Reply #53296 on: January 18, 2019, 05:28:50 AM »
One of the big names at Anime News Network was outed as a pedophile

The rest of the staff are claiming they didnt really know him and werent friends with him

Then someone else posted photos of them at a party together

Pretty wild to see the exact same playbook at work step by step
Where is this?

Tiops

Re: Other Forums |OT| Book Reading, Free Speech, and Full-Blown Centrists Within
« Reply #53297 on: January 18, 2019, 05:47:54 AM »
"OUR TAKE" from Game Informer

Understanding why Woods is in KH3 doesn't make it suck that much less. I'm still going to roll my eyes and complain about it on Twitter.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #53298 on: January 18, 2019, 05:51:07 AM »
Because I work hard, struggle to get by, have no friends or anyone who legitimately gives a cares about me. Plus the world is going to shit. Basically, trying to do all the right things, yet feeling alone in a crowd, but no matter what I do, I always feel like I'm drowning or getting fucked in my ass. What keeps me from going totally insane is this hope that maybe things will get a little bit better and suck less.

Why is that difficult to understand? A lot of people feel this way and rightfully so.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-era-so-particularly-angry-this-2019.93449/page-11#post-16990504
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #53299 on: January 18, 2019, 05:54:03 AM »
Is there a problem with pointing out when accounts are likely to be troll or alt accounts? The frequency of bigots and concern trolls who eventually get banned having had low post counts on old accounts makes it a pretty easy trend to spot. So the stating of someone's post count is to warn others not to waste their time debating trolls.

"Likely."
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #53300 on: January 18, 2019, 05:58:31 AM »
What people seem to lack, unfortunately... is perspective. Being mad about X celebrity doing Y thing is a waste of one's time and energy... unless they're PewDiePie and indoctrinating children into alt-right thought tendencies. He deserves unlimited scorn.

PEWDIEPIE !  :dsp

The Pratt thread that just got locked was pretty fucking disgraceful.
Yeah...makes me wonder if some of the 4 chan elements are having too much fun causing dissension and trying to whip people up into an outrage orgy.

Remember, there's no outrage and we're not at fault anyway.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 06:03:54 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #53301 on: January 18, 2019, 06:04:41 AM »
I've watched more NaziePie since the controversies started than I ever have before*
Being generous I've probably only seen like 4 NaziPie videos
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #53302 on: January 18, 2019, 06:22:32 AM »
Don't be mad about celebrity X doing Y even if it's actually bad, be mad about famous YouTuber including a three second clip of a meme, among a collection of clips of said meme, that happens to be from a Nazi which all kids will immediately look up and be convinced is right about everything! Even after said YouTuber puts out videos saying "hey, turns out those dudes aren't cool, don't go to them, my bad" it'll be too late, they're already Nazi!

benjipwns

« Reply #53303 on: January 18, 2019, 06:28:09 AM »
Ignoring the whole it'll mislead them into believing it garbage. How deluded do you have to be to think a kid thinking he's getting funny videos is going to sit and watch some creep ramble about the darkies for hours on end? Even the actual Nazis and racists won't watch that shit.

Except JordanN obviously.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #53304 on: January 18, 2019, 06:49:21 AM »
I'd love to sit and watch some creep ramble about the darkies for hours on end :noah

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #53305 on: January 18, 2019, 06:49:46 AM »
I'd love to sit and watch some creep ramble about the darkies for hours on end :noah
4*

PewDiePie videos watched
[close]

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #53306 on: January 18, 2019, 06:53:39 AM »

Aren’t you from South Africa? You could probably just go down the street for that  :doge
Margs

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #53307 on: January 18, 2019, 06:56:54 AM »
If "new" posters don't troll then they won't get called out. There's no prejudice against anyone posting in earnest.

:delicious

You're overcomplicating this so much over a hypothetical problem. Meanwhile new trolls find their way onto the forum every day in pretty much exactly the same way. Most of the people you're referring to are quite familiar with the mods, because we're either friends with them or have filed hundreds of reports or both. If you have a problem you can take it up with the mods yourself, but don't presume to know what they want better than the people they're familiar to.

Trolls registering in droves ! Hundreds of reports filed to our friends ! Did you just assume my forum caste ?
:trigger

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-era-so-particularly-angry-this-2019.93449/page-11#post-16990977
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #53308 on: January 18, 2019, 06:59:09 AM »

Aren’t you from South Africa? You could probably just go down the street for that  :doge
:nsfw
[close]

This should really go in the long video thread lol. (dont look up what happened to this guy)

jorma

« Reply #53309 on: January 18, 2019, 07:05:10 AM »
If "new" posters don't troll then they won't get called out. There's no prejudice against anyone posting in earnest.

:delicious

You're overcomplicating this so much over a hypothetical problem. Meanwhile new trolls find their way onto the forum every day in pretty much exactly the same way. Most of the people you're referring to are quite familiar with the mods, because we're either friends with them or have filed hundreds of reports or both. If you have a problem you can take it up with the mods yourself, but don't presume to know what they want better than the people they're familiar to.

Trolls registering in droves ! Hundreds of reports filed to our friends ! Did you just assume my forum caste ?
:trigger

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-era-so-particularly-angry-this-2019.93449/page-11#post-16990977

oh so not only did i not have enough posts, i didn't have enough reports either. No wonder they called me out on my abusing the system. I'm sorry for ever doubting you ree mods that read this!

daemon

« Reply #53310 on: January 18, 2019, 07:15:04 AM »
Hello guys, I've been just lurking for...2 months because I couldn't remember my password and the forgot password function doesn't deliver any e-mail  :doge

And nothing of value was lost.

And by that I mean my posts

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53312 on: January 18, 2019, 07:33:59 AM »
User Warned: Peddling conspiracies. There are plenty of ways to critique Shaun King without regurgitating unfounded Breitbart "Not black!" rumors.

Rachel Dolezal brother.
ahahahahaha

Not because era moderators think theres anything wrong with saying someone is an impure uncle tom oreo coon fake ass nicca... the problems that breitbart said it first.
Meanwhile
Talcum X.
and
Isn’t there a verified picture of his WHITE father online?

don't get shit.

And speaking of pedalling conspiracy theories:
Nobody knows it’s the real shooter(s) because the eye witnesses described a white male perp that also matched the description of another case months prior. and then police somehow ended up with two black men who supposedly confessed, but then plead not guilty and one’s attorney is saying their constitutional rights were violated.

:mindblown

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53314 on: January 18, 2019, 07:38:12 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-era-so-particularly-angry-this-2019.93449/post-16991645
I can't say I understand the ban there? They say he knows what he's doing, he says he doesn't.

So what was he doing? Because I have no idea, and this actually brings up a problem I have with Era. It seems like you're expected to know inherently every single meme or "thing" that's going on at any given point. I see so many times a bunch of people telling someone else to stop with a line of reasoning, claiming "he knows what he's doing", while the "offender" acts all baffled and ignorant. And I tend to feel equally perplexed to how the offender is behaving. As in, I have no idea what's going on.

And this makes Era feel like a complete minefield at times. I don't have the time, nor do I care, to keep up with all the flavors of the day. It's simply not something I find any sense in bothering with. I assume a lot of people are the same uneducated way about what the latest thing is. Yet, if you participate in a discussion, you're treated like a bigot asshole if you say something that might be of a similar phrasing to something someone somewhere recently decided is bad. You're supposed to know this of course, and you're an asshole, because "you know what you're doing".

I don't, honestly, I have no idea. So please tell me instead of repeating "you know what you're doing".

I feel like I'm surrounded by hormonal, angry teenagers at times.

Nailed it, but also pre-emptive
 :salute

User warned: Downplaying transphobia and misogyny, dismissing other users concerns, misrepresenting moderator actions

BisMarckie

« Reply #53315 on: January 18, 2019, 07:40:48 AM »
Most of us have filed hundreds of reports :neogaf

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53316 on: January 18, 2019, 07:43:30 AM »
snitches get privlitches

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53317 on: January 18, 2019, 07:51:47 AM »
...and locked, because meta discussion of how shitty the community they've actively fostered by catering to the crazies isn't meaningful discussion.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #53318 on: January 18, 2019, 07:56:15 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/whats-inside-your-fridge-post-your-fridge-setup.75459/page-2#post-16988869

:donot

Tabris thread?  Tabris thread.  When is dude going to realize that as much as he wants to be Chittagong, he's not.   :doge 
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #53319 on: January 18, 2019, 07:56:26 AM »
but what's the number of reports per user? per thread? per incelsiorlef post in the thread? we need data!

BisMarckie

« Reply #53320 on: January 18, 2019, 07:57:31 AM »
JayC3
bork bork

:thinking

benjipwns

« Reply #53321 on: January 18, 2019, 07:59:22 AM »
I don't mean any disrespect by this because I can tell you're being genuine here, but you have no idea what you're talking about. Yeah, what you're saying here sounds great in a vacuum, but it's crucially missing a lot of context. It ignores the specifics of a given thread and the arguments therein. It assumes that people don't first try to reason with low post count trolls. It assumes that we're not aware of the difference between genuine questions and time-worn dog whistles. It assumes that the "better thing to bring to the table" hasn't already been brought, probably dozens of times in that thread already.
:doge

BisMarckie

« Reply #53322 on: January 18, 2019, 08:00:20 AM »
And the avatar of this mod is a picture of a dog, like you couldn't make it more obvious that this is a covert Bire mod account. Play it tactical.

benjipwns

« Reply #53323 on: January 18, 2019, 08:00:38 AM »
"you have no idea what you're talking about" *uses the term "dog whistles" completely wrong*

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #53324 on: January 18, 2019, 08:01:02 AM »
JayC3
bork bork

:thinking

GIMMICK INFRINGEMENT
:rage
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #53325 on: January 18, 2019, 08:02:05 AM »
And the avatar of this mod is a picture of a dog, like you couldn't make it more obvious that this is a covert Bire mod account. Play it tactical.

Always nice to see a fan.
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #53326 on: January 18, 2019, 08:18:24 AM »
that sabrina account's post history, two-thirds of it is just jabbering constantly in the real pic thread about random topics like the weather, how they changed their middle name or stealthbragging about their wife:

and then adventuring out to reason with low post count accounts like this:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kotaku-assassins-creed-odyssey-director-says-we-missed-the-mark-with-controversial-dlc.93976/post-16953021
Good for you

fuck off
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sonicfox-im-gay.93773/post-16919104
Sexuality has been in games since Pac-Man. Don't be such a daft bigot.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gillette%E2%80%99s-inspiring-new-ad-addressing-toxic-masculinity-asks-%E2%80%9Cis-this-the-best-a-man-can-get-%E2%80%9D.93503/post-16940645
hefty if you can't get across whatever intelligent point you think you have in your over twelve posts in this thread, which is half of your posts in your entire tenure on this site, then maybe you don't have an intelligent point
The cue that you needed to abandon this thread was that nobody even for a moment was buying into your bullshit.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/assassin%E2%80%99s-creed-odyssey%E2%80%99s-latest-dlc-forces-something-on-the-player-open-spoilers-inside.93567/post-16907400
so why are you commenting?

just trust people who are gay and have played the game, many of whom are in this thread

:trumps

BOOM, DOXXED
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #53327 on: January 18, 2019, 08:22:41 AM »

:wag at all of you

Averon

« Reply #53328 on: January 18, 2019, 08:23:26 AM »
...and locked, because meta discussion of how shitty the community they've actively fostered by catering to the crazies isn't meaningful discussion.

Funny how quick the mods shut that shit down the moment people started touching upon "meta discussion", i.e. mentioning the mods favoritism of certain posters and their often inconsistent and unreasonable modding. Reee's intial promise of their admin being more open and transparent than NeoGAF died a pretty quick death.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #53329 on: January 18, 2019, 08:23:41 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gillette%E2%80%99s-inspiring-new-ad-addressing-toxic-masculinity-asks-%E2%80%9Cis-this-the-best-a-man-can-get-%E2%80%9D.93503/page-29#post-16940645
Quote from: sabrina, post: 16940645, member: 3431
hefty if you can't get across whatever intelligent point you think you have in your over twelve posts in this thread, which is half of your posts in your entire tenure on this site, then maybe you don't have an intelligent point

Anyone else would have been banned for this kind of reply.  :doge
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #53330 on: January 18, 2019, 08:25:50 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/famous-era-have-you-ever-met-a-fan-in-an-unexpected-place-and-howd-it-go.93677/page-2#post-16918672
Quote from: sabrina, post: 16918672, member: 3431
Not famous enough to have fans, just a couple of stalkers. It, um, didn't go well. Made it clear they weren't welcome there, then told a couple of my friends with me about it so they could help keep an eye out.

You're, um, full of shit.
ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53331 on: January 18, 2019, 08:38:37 AM »
Not gonna dox their prior usernames on GAF but they'd eaten 2 permabans before their 'clean slate' on Era, and am pretty sure had guest starred in previous versions of this thread

benjipwns

« Reply #53332 on: January 18, 2019, 08:41:07 AM »
were their usernames clarissa and melissa?

/salempwns

Tiops

« Reply #53333 on: January 18, 2019, 08:42:30 AM »
Not gonna dox their prior usernames on GAF but they'd eaten 2 permabans before their 'clean slate' on Era, and am pretty sure had guest starred in previous versions of this thread

Was she the girl from the "Pics that Make You Laugh" that posted some bad taste things?

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

benjipwns

« Reply #53335 on: January 18, 2019, 08:47:44 AM »
frogs were the original racist gamers

and i don't mean ubisoft, infogrames or any other frenchies

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53336 on: January 18, 2019, 08:57:45 AM »
I see the Louis CK thread has reached the "I don't know how much you know about comedy (I'm an expert) but punching up and didacticism are huge parts of it" stage again.

On an entirely unrelated note, the oldest joke in human history that still works today is "How do you want your hair cut?" "In silence", dehumanising those of a lower social or economic status, smh.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53337 on: January 18, 2019, 09:02:44 AM »
the actual oldest joke is
Something which has never occurred since time immemorial: a young woman did not fart in her husband’s lap.

sticking it to those haughty sumerian bitches

benjipwns

« Reply #53338 on: January 18, 2019, 09:05:32 AM »
Jerry Seinfeld PUNCHING UP LITERALLY:

agrajag

« Reply #53339 on: January 18, 2019, 09:10:40 AM »
every pharmacy I've ever been to is level with the rest of the floor 

:idont