Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5903215 times)

agrajag

Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #55260 on: January 21, 2019, 11:16:28 AM »
Quote from: incelsiorlef
Quote from: crops55
Of course not but the viral videos on display are not conclusive evidence that every one of those kids come from a racist or intolerant home.
The hats are

They should really do something about people who wear read hats. Maybe there is a special camp they could put them in for people with red hats.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #55261 on: January 21, 2019, 11:18:55 AM »
isn't it bad enough they force them to use linux?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #55262 on: January 21, 2019, 11:20:08 AM »
Why did she even bring this up in the first place? Like she should have just kept her mouth shut.
yikes, silencing women

agrajag

« Reply #55263 on: January 21, 2019, 11:24:40 AM »
Why did she even bring this up in the first place? Like she should have just kept her mouth shut.
yikes, silencing women

these women just need to stand up and shut their mouths

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #55264 on: January 21, 2019, 11:33:44 AM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #55265 on: January 21, 2019, 11:42:00 AM »
Must be nice to opt in and out off stuff not really risking anything.....must be nice
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jamie-lee-curtis-on-the-maga-teens-there-are-two-sides-to-every-story.94750/post-17078557

Must be nice, unlike the hard fighting folks such as Slayven and the other keyboard jockeys who put their lives on the line with every letter they type out on cheeto stained before wiping their brow, hitting "Post", and letting out a "gottem fam" under their breath

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #55266 on: January 21, 2019, 11:42:48 AM »
We should all register for dozens of accounts on Ree from Russian IP addresses.

More of them?

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #55267 on: January 21, 2019, 11:55:14 AM »
Going forward maybe the school should not allow MAGA hats to be worn, but to punish this kid now for wearing it, I don't agree with that. No, he shouldn't wear the hat. The school allowed it though.
Right, they allowed it so they need to be held accountable too, but he made a conscious decision to wear it, nobody forced him.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jamie-lee-curtis-on-the-maga-teens-there-are-two-sides-to-every-story.94750/post-17083690

I'd love to know how Mercury Fred wants to hold a school accountable.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #55268 on: January 21, 2019, 11:55:45 AM »
Of course the idea that it could be a Bad Actor distributing an out of context snippet of video to push an agenda, timed for maximum press exposure and minimal fact checking on a weekend, then signal boosted by unknown twitter accounts to go viral couldn't be anything but grass roots reportage?

daemon

« Reply #55269 on: January 21, 2019, 12:11:50 PM »
Be curious to know if any of these bans get over turned for explicitly stating the conclusion that pretty much the entire rest of the world has come to on this

User Banned (3 Days): Trolling, drive-by comment, accumulated infractions
Have you guys seen the whole video? Seems to be painting a different story

User banned (1 week): trolling
The kids did absolutely nothing wrong here, the 105 min video of the entire event makes that very clear. They are the victims here and continuing to attack them and make baseless allegations says volumes about yourself and your mindset.

User Banned (5 Days): Downplaying Racism
Wearing a hat with a slogan embodying rhetoric of "put America's interests ahead of those of 'global partners and allies'" and "bring back jobs" and "cut back regulations", however wrong-headed, short-sighted, or ill-informed, is not "racist behavior".

User Banned (Duration Pending): Dismissing Concerns of White Supremacy; Concern Trolling Over a Series of Posts
I’ll be the first to say that this kid is a piece of shit for the maga hat alone. Watching that longer video though the Native drummer does just walk right up to him, while the kids were in the middle of some dumb high school cheering/jumping thing which didn’t seem racist. He kind of just looks like a moron who doesn’t know how to react. I hate that I am defending him in any way, because he is automatically a shitstain to wear that hat anywhere, least of all to where he knew there would be resistance, but I think the 10 second clip is being very taken out of context.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:teehee
[close]

Okay, which one of you stole the ben & jerry's cookie dough icecream from that mod?

ResetBanBot

« Reply #55270 on: January 21, 2019, 12:20:50 PM »
I love ResetEra.

Boredfrom

« Reply #55271 on: January 21, 2019, 12:27:54 PM »
I will not say they are victims (at the protest at least). This whole situation is really stupid and contrived.

Jansen

marrec

« Reply #55273 on: January 21, 2019, 12:40:42 PM »
I will not say they are victims (at the protest at least). This whole situation is really stupid and contrived.

It's an example of "outrage culture" that I was posting about earlier, where the only purpose is to drive engagement via out of context pictures and snippets of video that have amateur commentary attached to them.

If it had been presented in full context from the get go, it wouldn't be a viral controversy.

Boredfrom

« Reply #55274 on: January 21, 2019, 12:41:56 PM »
I doubt he is fking his depression but is pretty clear he is not exactly comcerned to improve and genuinely likes the self pity.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #55275 on: January 21, 2019, 12:44:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-step-mom-is-convinced-that-im-faking-my-depression.94813/

Fighting game loser your mom hates you

I like how that one snappy comeback that is of zero actual help whatsoever is now eras idea of MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Boredfrom

« Reply #55276 on: January 21, 2019, 12:45:58 PM »

It's an example of "outrage culture" that I was posting about earlier, where the only purpose is to drive engagement via out of context pictures and snippets of video that have amateur commentary attached to them.

If it had been presented in full context from the get go, it wouldn't be a viral controversy.

It kind of worked on me even if I think those kids are idiots. Is a weird situation as the actual explanation is weirder than the initial video shows.

marrec

« Reply #55277 on: January 21, 2019, 12:51:03 PM »

It kind of worked on me even if I think those kids are idiots. Is a weird situation as the actual explanation is weirder than the initial video shows.

It definitely got me riled up initially.

Why aren't we dragging the black isrealites for being giant pieces of shit during all this? How did THAT only come up afterwards lmao

FStop7

« Reply #55278 on: January 21, 2019, 12:51:19 PM »
Watching ReRe collapse under the weight of its own piety is fascinating.

I’m still not sure I buy what happened in DC but the moment I heard the Black Israelites were involved it changed my perspective.  Fuck. Them.  They are 100% shit.  A trash cult full of hate.

Jansen

« Reply #55279 on: January 21, 2019, 12:52:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-step-mom-is-convinced-that-im-faking-my-depression.94813/

I like how that one snappy comeback that is of zero actual help whatsoever is now eras idea of MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Still lives at home with no job so I'm thinking that response would net him a GTFO

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #55280 on: January 21, 2019, 12:52:59 PM »

User Warned: Making jokes in a sensitive topic and dismissing stepism.

agrajag

« Reply #55281 on: January 21, 2019, 12:55:18 PM »

Why aren't we dragging the black isrealites for being giant pieces of shit during all this? How did THAT only come up afterwards lmao

search your feelings marrec, you know why

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #55282 on: January 21, 2019, 01:01:01 PM »

A lot of those "Black Israelite" groups are straight up black supremacists, so they obviously don't actually exist when you do the maths.

Those kids were there for a anti-abortion march, which is obviously consistent with being educated in a catholic school and catholic values against birth control, and are obviously also as a result skewed towards a US right wing perspective, but its their fucking right to peacefully assemble and protest whatever the fuck they want to, no matter what you might think of their beliefs.

"Make America Great Again" is such a fucking vapid political slogan that can mean almost anything to anyone that I find it ludicrous to state that it is the equivalent of a KKK hood, or assume there is no difference between wearing one or the other, or that their idea of "great" isn't more religious control over policy like teaching creationism, teaching abstinence instead of sex education, or whatever other things bible thumpers don't like about secularism.

I also find it fucking hilarious that the experts in human behaviour at era who don't know how to wipe their own ass or find someone willing to let them stick their pee-pees into va-jayjays / bumholes are now such experts in human interaction that they can discern the difference between bemusement - like if you're standing with a group of school peers and a dude comes up and starts banging a drum - and smug contempt.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 01:05:07 PM by GreatSageEqualOfHeaven »

Boredfrom

« Reply #55283 on: January 21, 2019, 01:07:01 PM »
Being honest, having a MAGA in a march is already a invitation for trouble regardless. 

agrajag

« Reply #55284 on: January 21, 2019, 01:08:21 PM »

agrajag

« Reply #55285 on: January 21, 2019, 01:09:38 PM »

marrec

« Reply #55286 on: January 21, 2019, 01:12:12 PM »
Y'all... the MAGA hat is a racist symbol.

One kid even doffs his normal not racist attire in favor of a MAGA hat as Philips approaches, like... why would you even do that if you didn't wanna send a message.

Boredfrom

« Reply #55287 on: January 21, 2019, 01:12:12 PM »
Being honest, having a MAGA in a march is already a invitation for trouble regardless.

Well yeah, its looking for instigation.

So I don’t exactly feel sorry for them outside getting dog pilled because a viral video. Like Marrec said, this would have been a non issue if the whole video was posted.

agrajag

« Reply #55288 on: January 21, 2019, 01:13:17 PM »

One kid even doffs his normal not racist attire in favor of a MAGA hat as Philips approaches, like... why would you even do that if you didn't wanna send a message.

PogiJones

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #55290 on: January 21, 2019, 01:13:52 PM »

Going on a march to try and stop people having safe access to a medical procedure that can go very badly wrong even in a clinical environment under a trained professional to the 'good old days' of back alleys and coat hangers is a pretty shitty thing to do in the first place, because the idea that abortions wouldn't happen or that people would have less sex if they couldn't is dumb as fuck, but they have a right to peaceful assembly, and if it makes them feel like they're fighting the good fight who cares?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #55291 on: January 21, 2019, 01:16:43 PM »
That face is such a specific face of smugness and racism that I've felt growing up. I would've had no hesitation smashing his face in until his jaw broke. God damn, that video stirred some shit inside.

:punch
©@©™

daemon

« Reply #55292 on: January 21, 2019, 01:17:04 PM »

reach 100.

PogiJones

« Reply #55293 on: January 21, 2019, 01:17:34 PM »
I really wanna drag RedMercury in that thread.

Not worth the ban, though.

Boredfrom

« Reply #55294 on: January 21, 2019, 01:17:42 PM »

Going on a march to try and stop people having safe access to a medical procedure that can go very badly wrong even in a clinical environment under a trained professional to the 'good old days' of back alleys and coat hangers is a pretty shitty thing to do in the first place, because the idea that abortions wouldn't happen or that people would have less sex if they couldn't is dumb as fuck, but they have a right to peaceful assembly, and if it makes them feel like they're fighting the good fight who cares?

I still will think they are idiots if they think Trump cares beyond trying to pander them (or Trump not being a promiscuous asshole).

agrajag

« Reply #55295 on: January 21, 2019, 01:17:44 PM »
That face is such a specific face of smugness and racism that I've felt growing up. I would've had no hesitation smashing his face in until his jaw broke. God damn, that video stirred some shit inside.

:punch

dat der dehumanizing stare

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #55296 on: January 21, 2019, 01:18:46 PM »

Its a small c conservative reactionary symbol.
Of the superset of small c conservative reactionary beliefs, I have zero doubt 'being racist' is a subset. Probably a pretty big one.
If someone had some self awareness of how a MAGA hat might be being perceived as racist so removed it either out of shame or out of distancing himself from that perception because he doesn't consider himself to be racist, so what?

MAGA = KKK hood = anyone in a MAGA hat automatically gets what they deserve, no matter what they're actually doing because a hat flags them as a valid target for anything you want to do?
 :donot

e:

I still will think they are idiots if they think Trump cares beyond trying to pander them (or Trump not being a promiscuous asshole).

I mean, he literally got elected on the backs of people stupid enough to think he gives a shit about them or would help in any way.

Boredfrom

« Reply #55297 on: January 21, 2019, 01:20:21 PM »

I will (still) not say is racist but is genuinely a symbol for “stupid asshole people”. No worth getting people harassed on the streets, just a sign of idiocy.

Boredfrom

« Reply #55298 on: January 21, 2019, 01:22:00 PM »

Its a small c conservative reactionary symbol.
Of the superset of small c conservative reactionary beliefs, I have zero doubt 'being racist' is a subset. Probably a pretty big one.
If someone had some self awareness of how a MAGA hat might be being perceived as racist so removed it either out of shame or out of distancing himself from that perception because he doesn't consider himself to be racist, so what?

MAGA = KKK hood = anyone in a MAGA hat automatically gets what they deserve, no matter what they're actually doing because a hat flags them as a valid target for anything you want to do?
 :donot

e:

I mean, he literally got elected on the backs of people stupid enough to think he gives a shit about them or would help in any way.

I don’t blame them for voting for him, I blame them for still believing that he cares or is competent.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #55299 on: January 21, 2019, 01:22:58 PM »
When ResetEra sees an officially designated hate-group shout racist, homophobic, antisemitic rhetoric at a group of white teens wearing MAGA hats.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #55300 on: January 21, 2019, 01:23:58 PM »

reach 100.
Smell virtue signaling at 100 feet against the wind, but purposefully doffing (or donning) a MAGA hat signals nothing. :heh

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #55301 on: January 21, 2019, 01:24:58 PM »

I don’t blame them for voting for him, I blame them for still believing that he cares or is competent.

From another perspective, how fucking badly has the system let you down that you think the guy from The Apprentice is the one who can help you?

marrec

« Reply #55302 on: January 21, 2019, 01:28:15 PM »

From another perspective, how fucking badly has the system let you down that you think the guy from The Apprentice is the one who can help you?

The secret is that the system hasn't let them down any more than anyone else, they just also really hate brown people and Trump spoke openly about disliking brown people.

So when it came time to choose between the guy who's racist vs Jeb, the choice practically made itself.

Boredfrom

« Reply #55303 on: January 21, 2019, 01:29:26 PM »

Not learning that he is not going to help kind of nulls my sympathy.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #55304 on: January 21, 2019, 02:04:09 PM »
People underestimate how powerful it must've felt for all those losers when they banded together to beat the pre-selected winner.
They could actually alter events and take back the wheel. It was always about derailing a train that had left without them.
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #55305 on: January 21, 2019, 02:08:11 PM »
The secret is that the system hasn't let them down any more than anyone else, they just also really hate brown people and Trump spoke openly about disliking brown people.

So when it came time to choose between the guy who's racist vs Jeb, the choice practically made itself.

This is going to be the only time I draw parallels between gamergate and trump, but trump was running at least partially on a platform that a lot of politicians are corrupt muthafuckers only in it for themselves, which is a thing that a lot of people already know and feel powerless to do anything about, and the more 'the establishment' said 'anyone but trump' the more he gained legitimacy in that role.
Like a lot of early gamergate support came from the fact that most people know 'games journalism' is an absolute joke of kickbacks and nepotism.

e:
Not learning that he is not going to help kind of nulls my sympathy.

If he gets a second term... well, yeah. You'd have to be colossally dense to be watching how things are going and be thinking "thats our guy"

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #55306 on: January 21, 2019, 02:14:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gillettes-toxic-masculinity-ad-applause-outrage-adversaries-78.94829/post-17084914

please watch the entire thing before commenting

How about you write up a precis of the arguments you feel are so valid you made a thread, you lazy asshole?

I'm not going to just say "my rebuttal is The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money, please read the whole thing before responding to me"

marrec

« Reply #55307 on: January 21, 2019, 02:16:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gillettes-toxic-masculinity-ad-applause-outrage-adversaries-78.94829/post-17084914

please watch the entire thing before commenting

How about you write up a precis of the arguments you feel are so valid you made a thread, you lazy asshole?

I'm not going to just say "my rebuttal is The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money, please read the whole thing before responding to me"

Look at this alt-right infiltrator trying to get other people to read

FStop7

« Reply #55308 on: January 21, 2019, 02:20:18 PM »
A bunch of scumfucks in smocks spewing hate while one of their slack jawed minions holds a 20 year old camcorder.

The Black Israelites in a nutshell.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #55310 on: January 21, 2019, 02:26:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-uk-is-actively-censoring-rappers-and-wants-to-try-them-in-court-as-terrorists-for-inciting-gang-violence.94854/post-17088430

Moral panics over music? What year is this?

I don't know Morrigan, the same year we discuss The Weekend's new single 'Lost in the Fire' as blatantly homophobic?

I predict ITT suddenly free speech becomes important to era and they hate the idea of deplatforming hate speech.
Also lots of hot takes from Americans.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #55311 on: January 21, 2019, 02:30:24 PM »
If he gets a second term... well, yeah. You'd have to be colossally dense to be watching how things are going and be thinking "thats our guy"
Never rule it out. I mean, how many times has Trump been 'finished' during his time as a business man, the campaign and even the presidency.
Quite a number of people might want to 'renew the season'. Trump is not wrong when he says CNN/MSNBC etc. need him for the ratings.

If the circus leaves town the news outlets would be ruined.
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #55312 on: January 21, 2019, 02:31:54 PM »

Believing the government can help you? What are they, Democrats?
©@©™

PogiJones

« Reply #55313 on: January 21, 2019, 02:38:20 PM »

What a RE perspective to have on things. Yes, racists voted for Trump. But so did a whole lot of other people for a lot of different reasons. Quick example: My sister was pro Trump because she's married to a cop, and while the entire country was throwing all cops under a bus and calling them all evil, finally someone was standing up and thanking them for their dangerous, thankless work. So yeah, given a choice between a President who won't stand against the people and media hating her husband for what other not-him cops have done, and a President who will, she chose the latter. And I don't blame her one bit.

But no, just cry "RACIST" just like every other shallow-minded hysterical RE poster.

Come on, marrec.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #55314 on: January 21, 2019, 02:42:49 PM »
When I see PogiJones and his sister I just see two women who voted for Trump

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #55315 on: January 21, 2019, 02:43:17 PM »
Not sure what expelling these kids is gonna do anyway. They'd end up in a normal public school and start infecting the people there. It's better to keep the Trump brood under effective quarantine.

Kick them out of there too, and out of the workplace and all other forms of public life.

Kick them out. Ring them out on social media as long as possible. Make their lives hell.

This is normal, healthy and acceptable behavior to Marrec, et. al.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #55316 on: January 21, 2019, 02:45:04 PM »
Meanwhile thirty+ 20 year old migrants gangrape children in Europe and "they're just kids, they don't know any better!"  :doge

marrec

« Reply #55317 on: January 21, 2019, 02:48:34 PM »
Not sure what expelling these kids is gonna do anyway. They'd end up in a normal public school and start infecting the people there. It's better to keep the Trump brood under effective quarantine.

Kick them out of there too, and out of the workplace and all other forms of public life.

Kick them out. Ring them out on social media as long as possible. Make their lives hell.

This is normal, healthy and acceptable behavior to Marrec, et. al.

Motherfucker I'm usually the only dude on ERA calling this shit out as unhinged, just because I think the MAGA hat is a racist symbol and the kids in that video are in all likelihood super racist doesn't mean I think they need to have their lives ruined because they were protesting in Washington don't get it twisted

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #55318 on: January 21, 2019, 02:54:01 PM »
Motherfucker I'm usually the only dude on ERA calling this shit out as unhinged, just because I think the MAGA hat is a racist symbol and the kids in that video are in all likelihood super racist doesn't mean I think they need to have their lives ruined because they were protesting in Washington don't get it twisted

I just can't believe that your country is so fucked that so many people would be so openly racist and feel no shame in it.
When an equally likely scenario is that "great" means different things to different people, almost deliberately so.

marrec

« Reply #55319 on: January 21, 2019, 02:57:56 PM »

I just can't believe that your country is so fucked that so many people would be so openly racist and feel no shame in it.
When an equally likely scenario is that "great" means different things to different people, almost deliberately so.

Man, that's the point is that they can wear that hat and espouse everything it means while hiding their overt racism.

So many people are racist in America because our media and our parents and our politicians teach us to be racist. Listen, I'm not going to sit here and tell y'all that everyone who voted for Trump is a full-blown Tucker Carlson racist, but on the racism spectrum it certainly isn't a neutral action.