Author Topic: BLACK OPS IV  (Read 12072 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: BLACK OPS IV
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2018, 02:24:04 AM »
I kinda like it, it's like others have said, you get a bit of a more arcadey PUBG, then it turns into little classic CoD face offs. I'd really like the hopefully returning $15 MP version to include this as well, I might even pay up to $25-30 for this and the MP! (Basically I'm saying I again want a discount for not taking zombies and not being able to prestige.)

Maybe it's just me but I can't see anyone else dropping, so I have no idea if I'm landing near people, and the distance effect on the shots doesn't seem proper. PUBG had this problem too for a while, everything was too close to warn you, but it just made you paranoid that they were immediately nearby.

Most impressive thing is just how much Treyarch has gotten their shit together on the server side.

And yes I may have completely ignored everything and tried to make a basket for nearly a whole round and finished #18 because it happened to be inside the circle the entire time. :teehee

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2018, 02:31:59 AM »
Graphics are pretty shit though

benjipwns

« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2018, 02:42:01 AM »
Looks pretty hot all maxed out on PC. 8)

They did a lot with subtle extra animations this year, but none of them actually slow you down or bother you like some other games.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2018, 02:45:25 AM »
I might even pay up to $25-30 for this and the MP! (Basically I'm saying I again want a discount for not taking zombies and not being able to prestige.)

Yeah I wish it was free to play or I could get a discount and only purchase the battle royale part.

benjipwns

« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2018, 03:10:44 AM »
Last year Blops III did just a $15 MP version, maybe they'll offer some of these individual parts or something if that did well.

I was thinking about how fast you get useful stuff in this compared to PUBG and I realized it was because I wasn't picking up pants and melee crap everywhere. I had so many health packs I let this dude come to me healing up as he picked at me from distance until I got good cover, then threw a molotov at him and shotgunned him as he came up the other way. :lol

edit: the improved heft/pacing on the weapons and everything from this year really helps the fights in this mode... really seems like the first Call of Duty in ages where they actually sat down and thought about how each component works together

probably an instance of:

but i've had real fun with this and the MP beta, whereas in recent years it's just been such silly crap leading to instant death loops

to use a past example, MW3 wasn't great, but they had done the scorestreaks in such a way that it actually setup counters against all but the highest level ones, but the shootbang had gotten even worse

IW, WWII and this all to an extent have locked down one area or another to prevent that spiral nonsense that plagued the series since MW2 really...with this maybe the best job of it out of this cycle, i think they all looked at IW where they basically said "okay, here's how we fix everything, we don't, we just make it so everyone is constantly escalated to insane levels" saw that it didn't work as expected and after WWII deliberately had to slice things down, it made Treyarch trim down even more onto their heroes and the base gameplay

i liked IW when you didn't have MLG-Pros in the match because people were limited by their own conception of what the game was proposing and nobody really though they truly meant "yup, it's insane and broken, enjoy" and also it was the closest TF ripoff in terms of movement, running along walls, seeing a guy, turning around while still running on the wall and shooting him was just the absurd level of complete nonsense that the franchise needed to hit and take a look at itself, Blops III was nearly as absurd in a lot of ways (and imo actually a worse MP game) but the backlash against IW probably let them stop trying to top themselves (even as it probably had one of the better campaigns in a long time)

in which benji wanks about telling a billion dollar company how to run one of their premier franchises
they should reconsider the three year cycle and look at Siege really, do a three year cycle of MP, three year cycle of BR, three year cycle of a campaign, three year cycle of zombies...and staggering the releases

Sledgehammer has never really wanted to do MP in CoD traditional style, Treyarch seems more interested in MP experiences than anything, IW did the best campaign recently, they could create a fourth team from each to do the Zombies instead of having everyone do it separately i dunno...they did put out two games with a fourth team when they did IW/MWR with Raven

say they could rename Blops 4 MP and BR into Black Ops and Blackout

so next year they put out new content as SEASON TWO or YEAR TWO for Black Ops, new heroes and maps like Siege does...and also do the same for Blackout, while IW just makes a campaign they've already been working on, and Zombies team makes Zombies stuff...sell em individually for $25-30 or some shit, pack three of them together for $60 and put all four in the fancy editions

then the next year maybe Sledgehammer does that Vietnam game finally or Korea or another WWII, plus more Black Ops, more Blackout, more Zombies...maybe one of the MP things is dying down so IW tries one of their ideas, maybe Sledgehammer does include a MP but it's a smaller scope than what they tried with WWII even though they seemed to only care about the one mode, so it's not a direct challenge to the ongoing Black Ops

i'm just spitballin with silly ideas as is normal, but this is what Ubisoft seems to be doing with Tom Clancy...Rainbow Six is now Siege years, The Division has become a kind of their large scale MP thing that BR would be the equivalent of and they're also moving it to that model, Ghost Recon is their campaign/co-op thing and they've suggested that Wildlands will get the "season/year" treatment like Siege and Division

they could even formally shift the teams around, you want to do MP? you're headed to Treyarch; want historical/cinematic stuff, over to Sledgehammer pal; some nutty campaign? IW...everyone else? you're on Zombies...PC port? head to Beenox both of you

they'd still be able to put out a game a year if they had the management and planning for it, Ubisoft somehow does it with literally six million people (five million of which are under the age of 14) spread across 18 countries...CoD's teams are all still out in California I think

eh, what do i know, it just seems like for being such an important franchise for them that Activision has never really taken it seriously as a literal franchise, all their various things over the years they drop or ignore so that the lone team can crunch out by the deadline, they treat it more like a sports game franchise than anything
[close]
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 04:13:31 AM by benjipwns »

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2018, 03:31:31 AM »
Looks pretty hot all maxed out on PC. 8)

They did a lot with subtle extra animations this year, but none of them actually slow you down or bother you like some other games.

Really I put everything to high I think and it looked like ass.

Blurry etc.

Maybe its some N64 vaseline filter.

benjipwns

« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2018, 04:16:01 AM »
you mean when looking through scopes or sights? i don't think their LoD/DoF model has been adjusted properly for the distances involved, i was noticing that when looking down a sniper rifle scope, the scope had depth of field applied and models were constantly changing as were mipmaps, while the rest of the screen was being drawn properly

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2018, 04:17:35 AM »
It could have been a bit too much dof yeah, I deleted the beta now so cant check.

But even the choppers flying in at the starr looked blurry

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2018, 04:29:02 AM »
Looked like I wasnt playing in native res and I double checked but I was

benjipwns

« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2018, 04:31:36 AM »
Yeah, those choppers have some really low res textures on them with like nothing else to make them look fancy. :lol

I think some of this stuff may have been intentionally left out (like half the LoD levels) to keep the Beta size down and because it's not the main focus of the Beta for Treyarch which is getting metrics.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2018, 12:41:51 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2018, 08:51:29 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2018, 03:01:51 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2018, 09:20:33 AM »
This game has a required 50 GB day one patch.  :lol  ::)

LOL at anyone who buys a physical copy of this game.  :doge
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2018, 09:25:45 AM »
This game has a required 50 GB day one patch.  :lol  ::)

LOL at anyone who buys a physical copy of this game.  :doge

Why? Gamefly lets me rent it because it's physical. I only care to play the Zombies, I have no interest in Blackout
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2018, 10:10:12 AM »
Renting it makes sense, but buying a game that basically requires you to download the entire game again on day one after installing the disc makes no sense to me.  Won't have any resale value later either.
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2018, 10:29:13 AM »
Some of us still have GCU!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2018, 10:51:08 AM »
Some of us still have GCU!

I'm all about buying physical copies of stuff, but CoD is the exception.  If I buy it, I just go digital.

Wondering if I should get it on PC this time around.  Maybe with Battle.Net there will be more people playing and less cheating.
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2018, 11:02:16 AM »
Because of the end of all of the good discount programs I’m starting to buy more digital stuff.

I can still buy Xbox credit at a 15% discount making it cheaper than physical :-/

I’m undecided on this one. The battle royale looks fun but  backlog + other shit coming out soon makes me wait.

Also, I’m hoping my BIL gets it since he only buys digital AND I bought Forsaken deluxe edition.(we gameshare)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2018, 08:28:46 PM »

FatalT

« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2018, 02:25:58 AM »
Pre-loaded on PS4 and ready for midnight!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2018, 01:57:03 PM »
Couldn't decide between PC and PS4

So now it's pre-loading on both
:stahp

And yet that ended up costing about as much as it would to buy the deluxe edition on one platform
:neogaf
ど助平

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2018, 10:14:10 PM »
Yeah, what kind of rube would pay double?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 10:19:38 PM by Rufus »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2018, 11:03:34 PM »
Yeah, what kind of rube would pay double?

I double dip on competitive games sometimes.  Usually fighting games.
:idont
ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2018, 11:10:47 PM »
DeadpoolAsksWhyTho.gif

PC version is probably going to be dead.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2018, 08:08:37 AM »
Apparently they pulled a Tony Hawk with this game and the physical version has like 200 MB of data on the disc. 

DeadpoolAsksWhyTho.gif

PC version is probably going to be dead.

Just giving it a shot with the move to battle.net and them saying that they worked to make the PC port better than some of the previous half-assed attempts.  If nobody is online, oh well, will delete and just play on PS4 and that's it for Activision purchases on PC from me.
:idont
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2018, 09:28:46 AM »
Kind of weird that it’s coming in so hot when they have had two betas already.... that were basically most of the game modes.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2018, 09:59:08 AM »
I don't have a dog in this fight as I'm not getting the game but no way imo will the PC version be doa. That blackout mode will be very popular on PC. I think this will be the most popular version on PC since the old days of the franchise.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2018, 02:43:25 PM »
©ZH

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2018, 05:12:15 PM »
He grappled into a window and unloaded on someone with a shotgun. Looked preeeeeeetty good.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2018, 05:29:43 PM »
Looks cool.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2018, 12:52:35 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2018, 08:18:33 AM »
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII was the biggest day one digital release in Activision history, breaking the franchise record set by Call of Duty: WWII in 2017, the company announced.

The first-person shooter also set a new PlayStation record for day one digital full game sales on the PlayStation Store worldwide, as well as became the best-selling Activision Xbox One digital game on day one worldwide.

The PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII, which is the first Call of Duty release ever on Blizzard’s Battle.net, sold more than double the launch day sales of Call of Duty: WWII.

On its first day of release, the total number of people who connected online to play Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII increased from Call of Duty: WWII.

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2018/10/call-of-duty-black-ops-iiii-launch-day-digital-sales-biggest-in-activision-history#sTIAL3J3Z6vl7iBe.99

Interesting about the PC version.  Maybe the player base will stick around this time. 

I do kind of regret getting it though- I like to use a controller to play and without aim assist on PC, I'm getting absolutely destroyed online.  :lol  Spent most of my play time over the weekend on PS4. Oh well.
:whatsthedeal
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2018, 11:22:39 AM »
You might not need this but the key to doing well in FPS games on pc is low sensitivity. You want to be aiming with your arm, not your wrist. There are exceptions etc but you want to hit a place where you're aiming with your whole arm/upper arm more than your wrist.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2018, 11:28:44 AM »
Thanks, but I meant that I'm using a controller to play and was getting annihilated.   :lol  It's possible that it was just the people I was playing with- they were leveled higher than I was and had custom loadouts.
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2018, 12:12:02 PM »
Pack-A-Punch starts losing its glory around level 13-14.

Are you just PaP once? Every PaP you do on a weapon increases its damage. So you want to keep doing it

Aside from the random crashes this season of Zombies looks great. Treyarch showing why they're the best at it. IW Zombies is a close second
fat

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2018, 09:24:25 PM »
still debating between this and forsaken which finally went on sale. Looks good (sounds good x2) but It could have run a little better on my pc

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2018, 09:57:34 AM »
For some reason, TDM lobbies are hit and miss. After waiting for minutes to join a lobby, I'll switch over to Domination for a round. After a disastrous dom round going 17-25, switch over and find a TDM match. Go 16-8 and 20-5 the next 2 matches.

This is on PS4 btw.

Any PC bros want to chime in on PC performance?
©ZH

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2018, 12:06:06 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2018, 03:53:42 PM »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2018, 04:38:52 PM »

10s in it's already blowing my mind.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2018, 05:30:51 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2018, 12:00:18 AM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2018, 10:08:24 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2018, 07:26:57 PM »
https://streamable.com/5k5m4

https://twitter.com/Treyarch/status/1057348804121247745

https://twitter.com/CouRageJD/status/1053732256509034496

Haven't tried the new patch but as of right now theres no reason to take an smg over an ar. ARs beat them at every range. Can't remember the last time a CoD meta was AR heavy and I'm drawing a blank here, maybe one of the older WWII games?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2018, 02:10:33 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2018, 04:56:22 PM »
It's all the same to me. You could search threads on every past CoD and they'd have quite literally the same complaints you just listed.

Brehvolution

« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2018, 09:25:01 AM »
Has anyone else come to hate the sound of when your armor is broken? I don't wear armor now and my blood pressure has come way down.
©ZH

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 11:14:47 PM by toku »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2018, 07:20:59 PM »

soulless aliens club

Brehvolution

« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2018, 10:23:33 AM »
I gave Blackout another chance and really love it. I even went against my personal rule of muting everyone to playing some quads and duos. Quads with randos is terrible. There is always one dude who's mic is the camera and you can hear everything. Some dipshit's baby was crying and I told him to shut off the game and take care of his kid and left the game.

Duos wasn't much better, but we did ok.

I'm sticking with solo. I still suck at sniping though.

It's super fun scaring the shit out of dudes creeping into a door when I'm right behind it.

suprisemotherfucker.gif
©ZH

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #111 on: November 15, 2018, 05:33:04 PM »

Brehvolution

« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2018, 11:33:28 AM »
The hardest thing to do in Blackout is be patient. Shooting at people at range just gives your position away. Headphones are a must.
©ZH

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2018, 09:11:06 AM »

Brehvolution

« Reply #114 on: November 27, 2018, 12:00:32 PM »
Double dipped on PC and even got a $13 discount because battle.net knew I already owned the product on PS4.  :doge

They don't talk to each other though. I had to start from level 1 on PC.

Blackout on PS4: Average 2 kills and come in top 15 most of the time. Even a few #4 and 1 chance at a winner had the clip had 1 more bullet.

Blackout on PC: Absolute trash. Maybe one kill in 8 games on average. I can't get the aim sensitivity right on a game pad. I may have to start using KB/M.
©ZH

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #115 on: November 27, 2018, 12:46:27 PM »
It's not your sensitivity. IIRC, there is no aim assist at all on PC. This was always a problem in earlier CoDs since MW2 or so and I think they finally listened to the community and removed it completely from the PC version.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #116 on: November 27, 2018, 12:59:08 PM »
Double dipped on PC and even got a $13 discount because battle.net knew I already owned the product on PS4.  :doge

They don't talk to each other though. I had to start from level 1 on PC.

Blackout on PS4: Average 2 kills and come in top 15 most of the time. Even a few #4 and 1 chance at a winner had the clip had 1 more bullet.

Blackout on PC: Absolute trash. Maybe one kill in 8 games on average. I can't get the aim sensitivity right on a game pad. I may have to start using KB/M.

Just doesn't feel as feasible to play with a gamepad on the PC version, especially with the lack of aim assist.  I really prefer that for CoD so I pretty much don't touch it on PC.  :-\
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #117 on: November 27, 2018, 05:20:49 PM »
side note if your performance is bad it might be because the game isn't using all the available cores you have  :lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/Blackops4/comments/a08jjp/psa_unless_youve_changed_it_in_the_config_file/

benjipwns

« Reply #118 on: November 27, 2018, 05:33:03 PM »
man fuck you toku, i was like "i can wait until this drops another ten bucks" then i was watchin ur videos and now i got this sittin in my GMG cart and im trying to resist until the $42 sale ends in an hour

spoiler (click to show/hide)
xoxo bless up
[close]

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #119 on: November 27, 2018, 06:04:15 PM »
I haven't even played a match of blackout yet  :lol

If I have one warning for you benji is that progression in this game sucks, you basically won't be able to build a decent meta build/loadout until like lvl 15 or 20. Until you get a feel for the game I'd say stay the fuck away from SMGs. You can work em, and there are some better than others but theres basically no bad ARs in this just some that are more situational than others.  Also the fire shells for the shotgun aren't as ridic as they were in WWII but still super effective. The way they work now, unless they heal immediately they're pretty much fucked so often even if you they get you they still die lol.

Also you can tell they built this game without scorestreaks in mind because they suck or are so strong but expensive that you never see them unless its TDM 100 or an obj match against a stack. Even then shit like Strike Team can be shot down before they reach the map with a RL if your sharp enough/fast enough lol. Most effecient spread rn is something like UAV > Lightning Strike > Sniper Chopper. Hellstorm was THE scorestreak to have in the middle but it became so common Treyarch made it more expensive.

xoxo bless up titanfall forever
:brazilcry :brazilcry
[close]
[close]
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 06:09:35 PM by toku »