Author Topic: Zen  (Read 18022 times)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: Zen
« Reply #300 on: March 08, 2021, 01:41:29 PM »
Against all odds, against all handicaps, against the chamber of horrors we call history, man has continued to dream and to depict its opposite. That is what we have to do. We do not escape into philosophy, psychology, and art—we go there to restore our shattered selves into whole ones.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #301 on: March 11, 2021, 03:11:10 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #302 on: March 11, 2021, 03:27:37 PM »
https://twitter.com/GitaBot/status/1370104929352888324

in every creature, arjuna. in every hole :shaq

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #303 on: March 12, 2021, 12:24:14 PM »

Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think. Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.”

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #304 on: March 13, 2021, 12:38:27 PM »

“Then you are a poet?' she asked, fingering the flyer in her pocket.
'No not at all,' he waved his hand. 'I am merely a character in a poem.”

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #305 on: March 15, 2021, 10:38:43 AM »
   For those who question him on this level of observation play a dangerous game, for no one is more relentlessly logical. If we object that what we call a "person" is not the same from one life to the next, he will ask, "Are you the same from one day to the next?" We think of ourselves as the same individual who went to school in Des Moines many years ago, but what is the basis for such a claim? Our desires, aspirations, and opinions may have all changed; even our bones are not the same.

Yet, somehow, there is continuity. "I wasn't the same then," we object, "but that wasn't a different person either." The Buddha replies, "That is the relationship between you in this life and 'you' in a past life: you are not the same, but neither are you different. Death is only the temporary end to a temporary phenomenon." To those who grasp this, death loses its fear. It is not the end, only a door into another room.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #306 on: March 15, 2021, 03:46:03 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #307 on: March 18, 2021, 01:44:46 PM »
Man seems to be unable to live without myth, without the belief that the routine and drudgery, the pain and fear of this life have some meaning and goal in the future

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #308 on: March 18, 2021, 01:59:59 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #309 on: March 20, 2021, 01:47:34 PM »
“We are such stuff as dreams are made on, and our little life is rounded with a sleep.”

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #310 on: March 30, 2021, 05:25:05 PM »
“When I was very young and in the cave of Trophonius I forgot to laugh. Then, when I got older, when I opened my eyes and saw the real world, I began to laugh and I haven’t stopped since. I saw that the meaning of life was to get a livelihood, that the goal of life was to be a High Court judge, that the bright joy of love was to marry a well-off girl, that the blessing of friendship was to help each other out of a financial tight spot, that wisdom was what the majority said it was, that passion was to give a speech, that courage was to risk being fined 10 rix-dollars, that cordiality was to say ‘You’re welcome’ after a meal, and that the fear of God was to go to communion once a year. That’s what I saw. And I laughed.”

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #311 on: April 04, 2021, 12:55:53 PM »
"The Second Truth is the cause of suffering. It is not life that brings sorrow, but the demands we make on life. The cause of dukha is selfish desire: trishna, the thirst to have what one wants and to get one's own way. Thinking life can make them happy by bringing them what they want, people run after the satisfaction of their desires. But they get only unhappiness, because selfishness can only bring sorrow."

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #312 on: April 05, 2021, 02:42:48 PM »

BIONIC

• Live Laugh Love. Wanderlust. The Office. Pizza. Dog mom. #Blessed
« Reply #314 on: April 06, 2021, 05:34:24 AM »
Wine

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #315 on: April 10, 2021, 10:20:31 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #316 on: April 11, 2021, 05:15:45 PM »
To those who have conquered themselves, the will is a friend. But it is the enemy of those who have not found the Self within them.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #317 on: April 12, 2021, 08:40:13 PM »
" If you don't get what you want, you suffer; if you get what you don't want, you suffer; even when you get exactly what you want, you still suffer because you can't hold on to it forever. Your mind is your predicament. It wants to be free of change. Free of pain, free of the obligations of life and death. But change is law and no amount of pretending will alter that reality."