Author Topic: The gun thread  (Read 11718 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: The gun debate thread
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2018, 11:09:44 PM »
So why the focus on rifles? Someone please tell me.
Less rifle owners. Especially when you exempt hunting rifles.

benjipwns

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2018, 11:12:02 PM »
It's not illegal in the United States for a citizen to own a tank, or nuclear weapons. As long as you are meeting regulations on storage.

Just make sure you have your tax stamps up to date. :american

Himu

« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2018, 11:16:43 PM »
So why the focus on rifles? Someone please tell me.
Less rifle owners. Especially when you exempt hunting rifles.

Mind expounding? I mean I think I understand what you’re arguing but I’d like more.
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2018, 11:18:44 PM »
Many moons ago I watched this silly state powers/war on terror debate and it got to the point where the Republican Bill Kristol like guy says to the libertarian "how would you stop people from owning nuclear weapons?!?" all smug like, and the libertarian guy goes "good luck with the insurance premiums." And the Republican dude goes "oh, so you support gun insurance?"

Yet that man is probably allowed to drive a car with reasonable insurance premiums. Whatta country!

Himu

« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2018, 11:20:26 PM »
:lol
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2018, 11:22:42 PM »
Mind expounding? I mean I think I understand what you’re arguing but I’d like more.
I think less than a quarter of gun owners or something own a rifle or "greater" than a handgun.

People with a handgun only aren't any necessarily more informed about all types of guns than members of Congress show themselves to be when they start making lists of what needs to be banned.

Just numerically there is less political difficulty in saying "just these guns, not your guns."

Himu

« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2018, 11:28:22 PM »
I know that the core reason they don’t concentrate on handguns is because most people support handgun ownership and if they concentrate on that the entire stack of jingas falls off the table. So they go for what’s scary looking  thinking it gives more political capital because it’s less common (but not uncommon) to have. But this is double edge, because by trying to ban guns that kill a very small amount of people they get less political support because people can simply google and see that democrats want to ban something that kills less than 400 a year.

In reality, democrat legislators know a AWB will do jack shit. They do it because they want to “do something”.

It’s a gesture to placate their highly sheltered bass.
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2018, 11:32:32 PM »
But this is double edge, because by trying to ban guns that kill a very small amount of people they get less political support because people can simply google and see that
luckily this isn't too high of a risk

like being shot with a rifle :ohyou

Himu

« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2018, 11:33:01 PM »
:sabu
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2018, 11:35:06 PM »
Make a smart gun that only shoots bad people. Problem solved.
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2018, 11:37:50 PM »
only lamers use the smart pistol

what's next passing a law that only tone mains are allowed?

smh sometimes rumbler

Himu

« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2018, 11:39:14 PM »
How it happens:

Democrats and media: “please ban assault rifles :brazilcry

Regular citizen: “This is serious. I should research the numbers.”

*sees you are more likely to be beaten to death than shot with a rifle*

Regular citizen: “wait, the media can easily report that the number of homicides by rifle are negligible so why are they trying to tell citizens that these guns are a public safety hazard?”

Media: BAN ASSAULT RIFLES! DO SOMETHING! :brazilcry

Regular citizen: I don’t believe anything you say. Isn’t it your job to report facts and not an agenda?”

Media: plz :tocry

*Regular citizen who doesn’t believe the media anymore turns to Fox News instead*

Radicalized citizen: fake news fake news reeeeeeEEEEEEE

Media: why don’t they believe us?! :brazilcry

Thanks for not doing your jobs, media. *tips hat*
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2018, 11:46:55 PM »
How it happens:

Democrats and media: “please ban assault rifles :brazilcry

Regular citizen: “This is serious. I should research the numbers.”
lol

Himu

« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2018, 11:55:01 PM »
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2018, 07:42:46 AM »
I've done some research and I've come around.
We should start arming the teachers and school children as well.

These strict gun laws are killing more people than the actual guns themselves.

:gun :meeble

Also dogs should be armed. Dogs can tell bad from good pretty easily. And a backmounted mini rocket launcher would be enough to take out a small vehicle in case someone takes off with stolen property.
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2018, 07:57:05 AM »
Also dogs should be armed. Dogs can tell bad from good pretty easily. And a backmounted mini rocket launcher would be enough to take out a small vehicle in case someone takes off with stolen property.
smh sucking up to our corrupt mods

kingv

« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2018, 12:22:00 PM »
I continue to be outraged that toy guns have orange muzzles now.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2018, 12:26:01 PM »
This is truly the sensible gun debate that we've been missing all along
püp

kingv

« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2018, 03:08:54 PM »
Probably I should email this thread to my dad so we can chat about it.

Himu

« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2018, 07:50:34 PM »
Going to post guns now since you’re all shitlords.

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2018, 07:55:26 PM »
My first rifle

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2018, 07:56:39 PM »
My first gun :heartbeat

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2018, 08:19:04 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/07/27/new-evidence-confirms-what-gun-rights-advocates-have-been-saying-for-a-long-time-about-crime/?utm_term=.7458ad8c85cf

Hadn’t seen this one until recently. Combined with the stats surrounding homicides involving a gun and it’s even more black and white. :doge

End the war on drugs. Oh but democrats? Using actual solutions? :thinking
IYKYK

kingv

Re: The gun thread
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2018, 10:51:09 PM »
If the NRA came out with the idea of partnering with Democrats to introduce gun control measures that do things like:
- hold owners responsible for securing their weapons, and reporting their loss
- increasing background checks
- closing gun show loopholes
- punishing shady gun dealers
- heavily punishing straw sales
- limiting access to guns for people with certain mental illnesses, or who make violent statements on social media

There would be wide and broad support for working on that, without even discussing banning any specific types of weapons.

It’s not like “liberals” haven’t proposed that same type of hit one million times.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2018, 11:09:14 PM »
Cindi do you low key do internet sales for the wapo or what? I’m not gonna subscribe 

Himu

« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2018, 11:11:15 PM »
It’s just one dollar a month! :damn
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2018, 11:26:16 PM »
Also copy the link and paste it into private mode if you’re that cheap!
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2018, 04:36:15 AM »
The federal government likes to let guns get into criminal hands, especially in foreign countries, so that it can...then...okay, look they'll get to that part eventually.

benjipwns

« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2018, 04:36:41 AM »
I continue to be outraged that toy guns have orange muzzles now.
Think about it this way, it's for the child's safety.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2018, 08:37:22 AM »
The federal government likes to let guns get into criminal hands, especially in foreign countries, so that it can...then...okay, look they'll get to that part eventually.

That rule is in there cause of the domestic gun lobby, tho.

benjipwns

« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2018, 04:02:24 AM »
https://www.wsj.com/articles/democrats-plan-to-pursue-most-aggressive-gun-control-legislation-in-decades-1541791440
Democrats say they will pass the most aggressive gun-control legislation in decades when they become the House majority in January, plans they renewed this week in the aftermath of a mass killing in a California bar.

Their efforts will be spurred by an incoming class of pro-gun-control lawmakers who scored big in Tuesday’s midterm elections, although any measure would likely meet stiff resistance in the GOP-controlled Senate.

Democrats ousted at least 15 House Republicans with “A” National Rifle Association ratings, while the candidates elected to replace them all scored an “F” NRA rating.

“This new majority is not going to be afraid of our shadow,” said Mike Thompson, a California Democrat who is chairman of the House Gun Violence Prevention Task Force.
“We know that we’ve been elected to do a job, and we’re going to do it.”
The 2018 elections marked the first time gun-control advocates outspent the NRA.

The gun-rights advocacy group spent about $20 million in the 2018 election cycle—much of it on advertising backing the confirmation of Supreme Court Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh, NRA spokeswoman Jennifer Baker said.

Everytown for Gun Safety, the gun-control organization backed by former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, and a group founded by former Democratic Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, who was critically wounded in a 2011 shooting, spent a combined $37 million in 2018.
Will Speaker Beto be able to get it done?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:teehee
[close]

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2018, 04:05:52 AM »
<3

serge

agrajag

« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2018, 06:31:05 PM »
I think I see where Cindi is coming from now.

The gun is good. The penis is evil. The penis shoots seeds, and makes new life, and poisons the earth with a plague of men, as once it was. But the gun shoots death, and purifies the earth of the filth of brutals. Go forth and kill!

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2018, 06:47:59 PM »
"Everybody was screaming out 'Security!' He was a security guard," Harris said.

[...]

Friends of Roberson told the news station that he planned to become a police officer and was an upstanding man.
:-\

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

Himu

« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2018, 09:18:59 AM »
https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/politics/albany/2018/11/26/gun-social-media-password-new-york/2114720002/

Bill to check social media for gun purchases in NY.

But remember, the Democrats don't want to take your guns. This is a China-esque social media program and it even being a bill is shameful. The lawmakers who made this should be voted out.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Get out of my country, please.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2018, 09:47:09 AM »
Yes, share the knowledge Adam. Share it.

Good. Goooooooood.

Hopefully he brings up the fact that in California few people of color have one of its license to carry. They use their laws to strong arm minoirities and protect the rich and powerful who know the sheriff to get LTC's, which usually means white people.

White liberals being made aware that their policies have racist implications even when the intent of the law wasn't racism?

« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 09:52:31 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2018, 09:54:56 AM »
I'm going deer hunting for the first time in over 25 years this Saturday. I'll be using a Remington 270 that is dead nuts on from 100 yards. I'm pretty excited. Pennsylvania law says you can't shoot a buck that is a 4 point or less. I like that so I won't feel pressured to shoot at anything that's moving. I'll have to be picky and make sure what I'm shooting at is legal. Don't have a doe tag either.

I probably won't see anything.  :doge
[close]
©ZH

Himu

« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2018, 10:18:51 PM »
gun control is classist on top of being racist and many anti-gunners are privileged.

In fact, the common anti-gunner mantra,"you don't need a gun!" is the definition of privilege.
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2018, 11:20:14 PM »
"they don't have anything anyone would want to steal" :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2018, 11:29:21 PM »
I'm going deer hunting for the first time in over 25 years this Saturday. I'll be using a Remington 270 that is dead nuts on from 100 yards. I'm pretty excited. Pennsylvania law says you can't shoot a buck that is a 4 point or less. I like that so I won't feel pressured to shoot at anything that's moving. I'll have to be picky and make sure what I'm shooting at is legal. Don't have a doe tag either.

I probably won't see anything.  :doge
[close]
Using your post as justification to talk about something in my life as if it were replying to you:

There's a huge amount of undeveloped land behind my parents house (and all the houses nearby for a good number of miles around the perimeter of this land) that's almost all woods of varying types but right next to their house is an township easement where the guy who is the son of the people who own the land parks to go back in it and hunt every year.

This dude has hunted there for like 20 years and none of us, or our neighbors, have ever seen him bring anything out to his truck. Heard shots, but nothing.

He used to go out there with some other guys, so back during the days of GAY PANIC, BAN SAME SEX MARRIAGE sweeping the state, I told her they probably went out there to have homosexual orgies away from their families. But it's just been the guy alone the last few years. Poor guy's friends probably went straight. (Or married each other.)

Also there's always been deer and stuff in the backyard or woods behind regularly my whole life. In recent years there's a whole flock of 25 turkeys that run around the neighborhood and the woods like some kind of shitty gang. And like, they are epic dum. The guy could easily pick them off.

Sometimes I even think you could probably just grab one of them and strangle it or something. But I don't know when "strangling" season is.

Himu

IYKYK

Himu

« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 01:16:01 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

IYKYK

Propagandhim

« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2019, 11:22:33 AM »
gun control is classist on top of being racist and many anti-gunners are privileged.

(Image removed from quote.)

In fact, the common anti-gunner mantra,"you don't need a gun!" is the definition of privilege.

Guaranteed Kimberly has been a stay-at-home mom for the past 20 years

Himu

« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2019, 12:06:11 PM »
pretty sure
IYKYK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2019, 12:11:18 PM »
Has Forgotten Weapons YouTube channel been posted yet ?

Gun Jesus :rejoice
ὕβρις

agrajag

« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2019, 01:49:46 PM »

I'm actually subscribed to that one

Himu

« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2019, 01:54:35 PM »

He does own
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #110 on: March 30, 2019, 03:03:05 PM »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2019, 10:39:28 AM »
https://degreesoffreedom.home.blog/2019/05/13/the-great-contradiction/

:rejoice

Perfectly summarizes why trump winning the presidency was the main and final catalyst in making me very, very pro-gun. Six months after pulse shooting, this man who climbed on the backs of the minorities he attacked won the election.

Showing:

1. Governance and the state are unreliable at large because they can shift rapidly. We went from Obama to Trump seemingly overnight.
2. If I didn’t trust the police under Obama why would I trust them under Trump?
3. Do I really trust the trump administration to defend me?
4. As an American, knowing America’s history with protecting the underclass do I really trust them to not abuse power in the future?

After asking these questions I went to the gun range very, very soon after. My entire political identity also melted very quickly. Trust in government is foolish. It is always shifting and I am a vulnerable target. The evidence is in the pudding.

Pro-gun till I die.

Those who remain after anti-gun and yet anti-Trump after Trump’s rise to presidency are sheep, in my personal opinion.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 10:49:03 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2019, 03:45:10 PM »
 :snore
Margs

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2019, 01:59:22 AM »
Went hunting last weekend.

We bagged a nice young boar.

:nsfw

[close]

Spud

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2019, 02:27:19 AM »
 :fbm

Himu

« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2019, 02:38:57 AM »
Went hunting last weekend.

We bagged a nice young boar.

:nsfw

[close]

What'd you shoot it with?
IYKYK

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2019, 03:46:23 AM »
I shoot with a .270, but my cousin got this one with his .308.
Spud

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2019, 04:06:37 AM »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #118 on: June 01, 2019, 12:11:24 AM »
Currently cooking a stew from a couple of hares (jackrabbits for you yanks) we got on our last hunting trip. The guys in my usual hunting group are coming to my place and we're gonna drink whisky, tell tall tales and eat stew on the first day of winter.

Gonna be a good night.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2019, 08:56:34 AM »
Thinking of buying a new shotgun.

Got my eye on a little 20" coach gun. Not sure on brand yet, but don't want to spend a lot.

Going to be using it to stalk feral pigs in thick scrub, so likely going to get scratched and beat up.

Will post pics if I get one.
Spud