Author Topic: interesting and/or fun wikipedia articles  (Read 30654 times)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: interesting and/or fun wikipedia articles
« Reply #241 on: August 31, 2022, 07:57:03 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_L%C3%B3pez_(serial_killer)

Child killer with purported 300+ victims released for good behavior. Current whereabouts unknown.

Tasty

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #244 on: September 14, 2022, 09:42:32 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Bull

Dude was building a "supergun" for Iraq and got murked by Mossad. He just really wanted to fire stuff into space for anyone that would give him the money to do it. :(
©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #245 on: September 17, 2022, 12:46:23 PM »

clickbait title, but well-reasoned rant
Uncle

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

Tasty

« Reply #247 on: October 05, 2022, 01:14:47 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #248 on: October 05, 2022, 01:26:01 AM »
Oh, shit, that's the guy in that Super Pumped book who they tried to give a positive spin because he was one of their sources and he still came off like a sociopathic criminal. Book came out too soon to include the part about that pardon, classic Trump! :trumps

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #249 on: October 05, 2022, 11:09:32 AM »
During the sentencing, Alsup said, "this is the biggest trade secret crime I have ever seen.  This was not small.  This was massive in scale."[59] He also described Levandowski as a "brilliant, groundbreaking engineer that our country needs. We need those people with vision. I'm going to give him that."

We need smarter criminals, with vision.
©@©™

benjipwns

Tasty

« Reply #251 on: October 12, 2022, 12:20:03 AM »
House of the Dragon got me down a Wikipedia hole for British successional crises.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exclusion_Crisis
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glorious_Revolution
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succession_to_the_Crown_Act_2013

TIL that Catholics were explicitly excluded from holding the Crown for like 400 years, until 2011/2013. I knew about the absolute primogeniture when it happened which was pretty cool to see, but the legally-enforced religious intolerance past 1900 or so feels so off to me as an American lol.

I know conversion is a pain in the ass but Protestantism makes it pretty easy compared to other religions (see also: George Costanza converting to Lutheran Orthodox, etc.) Not sure about Anglicism specifically. In my head it's basically "Oh yeah, I'm Protestant now, fuck the apocrypha bro!"

I also always forget Canada is subservient to the Crown as well. So weird to see in 2022.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #252 on: October 16, 2022, 07:39:14 PM »
Vomiting was not a regular part of Roman dining customs.[243] In ancient Rome, the architectural feature called a vomitorium was the entranceway through which crowds entered and exited a stadium, not a special room used for purging food during meals.[244]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_common_misconceptions

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #254 on: October 20, 2022, 02:08:00 AM »
Stanton is credited with naming Washington Territory, later the state of Washington, during an 1853 debate over the territory's preferred name of "Columbia". He argued that the proposed name would easily be confused with the nation's capital, the District of Columbia. Congress later approved the "Washington" name change and President Millard Fillmore signed the bill into law on March 2, 1853, officially creating the Washington Territory.[2]
Well, he sure got that one wrong didn't he?

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #255 on: October 20, 2022, 09:39:39 AM »
©@©™

benjipwns

Tasty

« Reply #257 on: November 01, 2022, 11:22:05 PM »
The Atlantic: What Moneyball-for-Everything Has Done to American Culture

Cultural Moneyballism, in this light, sacrifices exuberance for the sake of formulaic symmetry. It sacrifices diversity for the sake of familiarity. It solves finite games at the expense of infinite games. Its genius dulls the rough edges of entertainment. I think that’s worth caring about. It is definitely worth asking the question: In a world that will only become more influenced by mathematical intelligence, can we ruin culture through our attempts to perfect it?

Tasty

« Reply #258 on: November 06, 2022, 08:02:57 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamartia

Maaaaaan it's so satisfying discovering that these things are... things.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #259 on: November 08, 2022, 02:30:37 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choluteca_Bridge

In the 1990s, a new bypass road and a second bridge was planned for the city. The new Choluteca Bridge, also known as the Bridge of Rising Sun (Spanish: Puente Sol Naciente), was built by Hazama Ando Corporation between 1996 and 1998 and became the largest bridge constructed by a Japanese company in Latin America.[5]

In the same year that the bridge was commissioned for use, Honduras was hit by Hurricane Mitch, which caused considerable damage to the nation and its infrastructure. Many bridges, including the old bridge, were damaged while some were destroyed, but the new Choluteca Bridge survived with minor damage.[6] While the bridge itself was in near perfect condition, the roads on either end of the bridge had completely vanished, leaving no visible trace of their prior existence. At this time, the Choluteca River, which is over 100 metres (300 ft) at the bridge, had carved itself a new channel during the massive flooding caused by the hurricane. It no longer flowed beneath the bridge, which now spanned dry ground.[7] The bridge quickly became known as “The Bridge to Nowhere”.[8] In 2003, the bridge was reconnected to the highway.[9]

Uncle

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #260 on: November 08, 2022, 04:06:04 PM »
Glorious Nippon Steel outlasts both the road and the river. :rejoice
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #261 on: November 08, 2022, 09:27:25 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakthrough_Starshot

Holy shit this would be so fucking awesome. We'd get the return message in my lifetime. Omg. Does Proxima Centauri b have aliens?? :o

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #262 on: November 09, 2022, 02:31:13 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch-cult_hypothesis

I need to become an authority on a historical subject based on "this would be huge if true".
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #263 on: November 21, 2022, 01:34:16 AM »
In 1886, Republicans, hoping to exploit divisions in the Democratic Party between the pro-farmer and Bourbon factions, nominated Alfred Taylor for governor. (The office then had a two-year term.) Democrats, realizing they needed a unifier and effective campaigner to counter Alfred, nominated Robert Taylor as their candidate, pitting the two brothers against one another. The Prohibition Party offered its nomination to the Taylors' father, Nathaniel, but he declined.[3]: 50 

The 1886 gubernatorial campaign is remembered for the Taylor brothers' relatively light-hearted political banter and entertaining speeches. Canvassing together, they spent the first part of each campaign stop "cussing out each other's politics" and telling stories and the second part playing fiddle tunes while the crowd danced.[3]: 8

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #265 on: December 14, 2022, 07:51:56 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trivia_Encyclopedia

The Trivia Encyclopedia (ISBN 0-441-82412-9) was first released in the early 1970s. Written by Fred L. Worth, it was the author's own personal collection of trivia. It also contains "Worth's Law", his own personal creation, which states that something automatically works the minute the repairman arrives.

A best-selling book in its day, The Trivia Encyclopedia was brought back to public consciousness in the 1980s, when author Worth unsuccessfully sued the makers of Trivial Pursuit for copyright infringement. Worth claimed that they had sourced their questions from his books, even to the point of reproducing mis-prints and typographical errors. The "smoking gun" was Trivial Pursuit's assertion that the TV character of Lt. Columbo had the first name "Philip". This "fact" originally appeared in Worth's book, but it was actually an invention of Worth's that was entirely untrue.

Lt. Columbo's first name was never spoken aloud in the TV series Columbo. When pressed, he would insist that it was "Lieutenant".

The "fact" that the Lieutenant's full name was "Philip Columbo" was planted by Worth in his book (and its sequels) in an attempt to catch out anyone who might try to violate his copyright.

In 1984, he filed a $300 million lawsuit against the distributors of the board game Trivial Pursuit, claiming that they had stolen their questions from his books. The apparent ace up his sleeve was a Trivial Pursuit reference to the TV character of "Philip Columbo"—despite the first name "Philip" being an invention of Worth's.

The makers of Trivial Pursuit did not deny that they sourced material from Worth's book. Instead, they argued that a) facts themselves are not copyrightable, and b) there was nothing improper about using Worth's book simply as one of the many sources from which the game's fact-based material originated. The judge agreed, also noting that Trivial Pursuit was a substantially different product from an encyclopedia—the board game used and arranged their fact-based material in a very different manner from any of the sources it used. The judge ruled in favor of Trivial Pursuit. The decision was appealed, and in September 1987 the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit upheld the ruling.[1] Worth asked the Supreme Court of the United States to review the case, but the Court declined, denying certiorari in March 1988.[2]

However, the "Philip Columbo" misinformation lived on in popular culture, at least for the next several years. Several sources cited the name "Philip Columbo" as the Columbo character's full name, variously claiming that the name was either in the original script for the Columbo stage play Prescription: Murder or that it was visible on his police badge. Neither assertion is true. In fact, close-ups in two episodes of a signature on Columbo's police badge reveal that his name is Frank Columbo. Peugeot even ran a 1980s advertising campaign that mentioned "Lt. Philip Columbo" as the most famous driver of the Peugeot convertible.
Uncle

Tasty

« Reply #266 on: December 29, 2022, 12:51:59 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunstone_(medieval)

I knew Wildfire was based on Greek Fire, but I didn't know about Dragonglass's inspiration. If this is that.

benjipwns

« Reply #267 on: December 30, 2022, 05:43:12 AM »
Kinda goes in here I guess:
In 2011, Chief Justice Roberts commented that if you "pick up a copy of any law review that you see," "the first article is likely to be, you know, the influence of Immanuel Kant on evidentiary approaches in 18th-century Bulgaria, or something, which I'm sure was of great interest to the academic that wrote it, but isn't of much help to the bar.” No such article exists, of course -- until now. This short essay explains why, in all likelihood, Kant’s influence on evidentiary approaches in 18th-century Bulgaria was none.
Two pages long (two pages of citations) and you should be able to read the PDF for free/no login if you'd like to finally get informed.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #268 on: January 03, 2023, 12:56:10 AM »
Rekt
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #269 on: January 06, 2023, 12:16:32 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_Uganda_cult_massacres

On 17 March 2000, 778 members of the Movement for the Restoration of the Ten Commandments of God died in Uganda. The theory that all of the members died in a mass suicide was changed to mass murder when bodies were discovered in pits, some with signs of strangulation while others had stab wounds.
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #270 on: January 19, 2023, 11:34:03 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark_Arm_case

In mid-April, a tiger shark was caught 3 km (1.9 mi) from Coogee Beach and transferred to the Coogee Aquarium Baths, where it was put on public display. Within a week, it became ill and vomited in front of a small crowd, leaving the left hand and forearm of a man bearing a distinctive tattoo floating in the pool. Before it was captured, the tiger shark had devoured a smaller shark. It was this smaller shark that had originally swallowed the human arm.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #271 on: January 26, 2023, 01:07:44 AM »
After three years of service, he was given permission to study physics at the University of Berlin, 1917–18, where Albert Einstein was a newly appointed professor. Carnap then attended the University of Jena, where he wrote a thesis defining an axiomatic theory of space and time. The physics department said it was too philosophical, and Bruno Bauch of the philosophy department said it was pure physics.
annihilated

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #273 on: January 31, 2023, 06:31:38 PM »
this is as well-researched and mildly fascinating as a wikipedia article

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/miss-piggy-cellophane-cover-let-me-do-it-for-you

Uncle

benjipwns

Tasty

« Reply #275 on: February 01, 2023, 06:26:37 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/09/080908135906.htm

Somewhat comforting. Earth-based life can survive in the vacuum of space.

From now on I'm calling these dudes "Frieza bugs."

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #276 on: February 01, 2023, 07:19:23 PM »
tardigrades are awesome  :doggy
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #277 on: February 01, 2023, 08:05:21 PM »
they're also cute :uguu
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #278 on: February 13, 2023, 10:07:11 AM »
After Reich migrated to the US, he began to speculate about biological development and evolution and then branched into much broader speculations about the nature of the universe.[5] This led him to the conception of "bions," self-luminescent sub-cellular vesicles that he believed were observable in decaying materials and presumably present universally. Initially, he thought of bions as electrodynamic or radioactive entities, as had the Ukrainian biologist Alexander Gurwitsch, but later concluded that he had discovered an entirely unknown but measurable force, which he then named "orgone",[5] a pseudo-Greek formation probably from org- "impulse, excitement" as in org-asm, plus -one as in ozone (the Greek neutral participle, virtually *ὄργον, gen.: *ὄργοντος).[17]

For Reich, neurosis became a physical manifestation he called "body armor"—deeply seated tensions and inhibitions in the physical body that were not separated from any mental effects that might be observed.[18] He developed a therapeutic approach he called vegetotherapy that was aimed at opening and releasing this body armor so that free instinctive reflexes—which he considered a token of psychic well-being—could take over.
Over the years the FDA interviewed physicians, Reich's students and his patients, asking about the orgone accumulators.[137] A professor at the University of Oregon who bought an accumulator told an FDA inspector that he knew the device was phoney, but found it helpful because his wife sat quietly in it for four hours every day.[146]

The attention of the FDA triggered belligerent responses from Reich, who called them "HiGS" (hoodlums in government) and the tools of red fascists. He developed a delusion that he had powerful friends in government, including President Eisenhower, who he believed would protect him, and that the U.S. Air Force was flying over Orgonon to make sure that he was all right.[137]

From at least early 1954, he came to believe that the planet was under attack by UFOs, which he called "energy alphas". He said he often saw them flying over Orgonon, shaped like thin cigars with windows, leaving streams of black Deadly Orgone Radiation in their wake, which he believed the aliens were scattering to destroy the Earth.[150]

He and his son would spend their nights searching for UFOs through telescopes and binoculars, and sometimes, when they believed they had found one, they would roll out a cloudbuster to suck the energy out of it (the perceived-or imagined-UFO). Reich claimed he had shot several of them down. Armed with two cloudbusters, they fought what Reich called a "full-scale interplanetary battle" in Arizona, where he had rented a house as a base station.[151]
Thank you, Dr. Reich and President Eisenhower for protecting us from the energy alphas. :american

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #279 on: February 13, 2023, 10:15:06 AM »
Now that he's not around anymore, we just have to use F-22s to shoot them down or just take our meds to make them disappear.
©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #280 on: February 14, 2023, 12:26:30 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vecna#Head_of_Vecna

The Head of Vecna was a hoax that one adventuring party played on another in a campaign run by game master Mark Steuer. One of the groups tricked the other into going on a quest for the Head of Vecna, a hoax artifact that was supposedly similar to his Hand and Eye, but was simply an ordinary severed head. The hoax takes advantage of the fact that the Eye and Hand require a person to remove their own eye or hand and replace it with the artifact to function. The characters involved in the story reasoned that they needed to decapitate themselves to gain the powers of the Head of Vecna, and several members of the group actually fought over which character would get to have his head cut off and replaced. After the third character died, the joke was revealed.
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #281 on: February 14, 2023, 01:53:19 PM »
Then he killed himself IRL, as depicted in the Tom Hanks film Mazes & Monsters.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #282 on: February 23, 2023, 05:05:30 PM »
The schizoanalyst is a mechanic, and schizoanalysis is solely functional. [...] Analysis should deal solely [...] with the machinic arrangements grasped in the context of their molecular dispersion. [...] every partial object emits a flow [in the field of multiplicity ] [...] Partial objects are direct powers of the body without organs, and the body without organs, the raw material of the partial objcts. [...] The body without organs is an immanent substance [...connecting] Spinozist [...partial-object-like] attributes [that enunciate its haecceity ][.][9][10]
— Deleuze and Guattari

A schizoanalyst is not a deconstructionist; they churn logos through a partial-object text-machine-subject to express praxis-enslavement by puissance.[11][12] Schizoanalysis addresses ressentiment by leading the neurotic subject to a rhizomatic state of becoming.[13][14] Schizoanalysis uses psychosis as a figurative-philosophical diagrammatic model, creating abstract machines that go beyond a semiotic simulacrum, generating a reality not already present.[15][14] Contradistinct from the psychoanalytic axiom of lack generating the kernel at the core of the subject, schizoanalytic desiring-production of intensities decode "representational territories" by self-generating the subject-becoming-BwO as a multiplicity.[16][17] Desiring-production is a virtuality of becoming-intense, a becoming-Other.[18][19] Schizoanalysis deterritorializes-reterritorializes found assemblages through rhizomatic desiring-production.[20]
Well, yeah, of course. That's just obvious, anybody can see that.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #283 on: February 23, 2023, 05:35:20 PM »
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #284 on: March 06, 2023, 02:33:32 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Smith%E2%80%93Chris_Rock_slapping_incident

I wish they'd used the infobox template for battles.
©@©™

Coax

« Reply #285 on: March 06, 2023, 11:41:58 PM »
150 citations :dead Barely much less than the Academy Awards' own page :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #286 on: March 14, 2023, 07:13:22 PM »
Joy of Satan presents various extraterrestrial theories, some of which they derive from author of ancient astronauts, Zecharia Sitchin. JoS believe that Satan and the Demons of the Goetia are sentient and powerful extraterrestrial beings responsible for the creation of humanity,[4][3][12][7] and whose origins pre-date Abrahamic religions.[3][13] They're also identified as Nephilim from the Hebrew bible.[12] According to sociologist of religion Massimo Introvigne, "Maxine Dietrich derived from these theories the ideas of a mortal struggle between enlightened aliens and a monstrous extra-terrestrial race, the Reptilians."[3]

Origins of humanity
Joy of Satan Ministries believe that one of the benign aliens, Enki, which they consider to be Satan himself, created with his collaborators on Earth human beings through their advanced technology of genetic engineering.[3] It's considered by Joy of Satan that most salient of his creations were the Nordic-Aryan race.[12] They declare that the Reptilians have, in turn, created their own kind by combining their own DNA with the DNA of semi-animal humanoids with the result identified as the Jewish race.[3]

Joy of Satan Ministries theorize that after the benevolent extraterrestrials left Earth 10,000 years ago, the agents of the Reptilians created their own religions, the Abrahamic religions,[3] which subsequently began the deposition and defamation of Pagan deities.[12] They claim these religions maligned the benign extraterrestrials by labeling them as "devils", and through their doctrines, created a climate of terror within humanity (e.g. condemning sexuality), in order to better program and control humans.

benjipwns

« Reply #287 on: March 18, 2023, 05:42:26 PM »
As a journalist, Hancock worked for many British papers, such as The Times, The Sunday Times, The Independent, and The Guardian. He co-edited New Internationalist magazine from 1976 to 1979, and was the East Africa correspondent of The Economist from 1981 to 1983.[14]

Prior to 1990, Hancock's works dealt mainly with problems of economic and social development. Since 1990, his works have focused mainly on speculative connections he makes between various archaeological, historical, and cross-cultural phenomena. He has stated that from about 1987 he was "pretty much permanently stoned ... and I felt that it helped me with my work as a writer, and perhaps at some point it did".[16]

benjipwns

« Reply #288 on: March 20, 2023, 02:30:18 PM »
In 1905, he published his book Theozoölogie oder die Kunde von den Sodoms-Äfflingen und dem Götter-Elektron[6] (Theozoology, or the Science of the Sodomite-Apelings and the Divine Electron) in which he advocated sterilization of the sick and the "lower races" as well as forced labour for "castrated chandals", and glorified the "Aryan race" as "Gottmenschen" ("god-men").[1] Liebenfels justified his esoteric racial ideology by attempting to give it a Biblical foundation; according to him, Eve, whom he described as initially being divine, involved herself with a demon and gave birth to the "lower races" in the process.[7] Furthermore, he claimed that this led to blonde women being attracted primarily to "dark men", something that only could be stopped by "racial demixing" so that the "Aryan-Christian master humans" could "once again rule the dark-skinned beastmen" and ultimately achieve divinity.
:hmm

One year later, in 1905, Liebenfels founded the magazine Ostara, Briefbücherei der Blonden und Mannesrechtler [Blondes and Male Rights Activists' Letter Library], of which he became the sole author and editor in 1908. Liebenfels himself claimed to have up to 100,000 subscribers, but it is generally agreed that this figure is grossly exaggerated. Readers of this publication included Adolf Hitler, Dietrich Eckart and the British Field Marshal Herbert Kitchener among others. Liebenfels claimed he was visited by the young Hitler in 1909, whom he supplied with two missing issues of the magazine.
:expert

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #289 on: April 10, 2023, 01:05:45 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Reichelt

Franz Reichelt (16 October 1878 – 4 February 1912), also known as Frantz Reichelt[1] or François Reichelt, was an Austro-Hungarian-born[2] French tailor, inventor and parachuting pioneer, now sometimes referred to as the Flying Tailor, who is remembered for jumping to his death from the Eiffel Tower while testing a wearable parachute of his own design.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #290 on: April 11, 2023, 09:52:25 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whipping_Tom

After approaching an unaccompanied woman, he would grab her strongly, lift her dress, and slap her buttocks repeatedly with his hand before fleeing.[5] He would sometimes accompany his attacks by shouting "Spanko!"[3]
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #291 on: April 12, 2023, 10:50:38 AM »
If that's a crime, then lock me up.

benjipwns

« Reply #292 on: May 07, 2023, 02:57:26 AM »
An individual can only truly understand the concept of Noetics through personal experience. Noetics is a biological science of mind; to some a personal experience of God through revelation and therefore a developing conscious awareness of certain realities in an individual. The personal revelation may be a first and unique to an individual (genius) but may also be shared by many individuals as time goes by. The magic of Noetics is how the conscious awareness occurs in the mind (brain structures), through personal experience of environment and perceptual cues (man made or natural) experienced by the individual. Ultimately experiencing Noetics (knowing) is a privilege because it would appear to bring you closer to God through pure, timeless understanding of truth and all things; achieved through bonding personal experience of the physical environment (which may be led by others) and the way the individual’s brain structures respond.
I could make no sense out of it, and it had no citations, so I removed it. It was then added back by Fallenangelius, who left this message on my talk page, which I couldn't understand either. It was then removed by other users, but each time added back by Fallenangelius. Instead of edit warring, let's discuss it here and reason it out. Iwilsonp (talk) 21:42, 22 February 2015 (UTC)
Noetics
Fallenangelius here – remember the wiki is not just a dictionary but a means for the world to share knowledge, experience, understanding and there are readers who will need explanation. I am sorry you were unable to understand my definition of Noetics but I was merely adding what was missing as the quotes are already there - but then I suppose you have to start somewhere! I am an academic and so much more – I must assume you are a PhD who has somehow managed to get by on quotes alone. If I were you I would avoid plagiarism lawsuits at all costs and I trust you are beginning to appreciate the beauty of pure “Noetic” thought which seems to be so elusive to so many!
I must say - having read all of the above - it is extremely worrying that none of the debaters appear to understand the concept termed as "Noetics" - as I do. Compared to all of the above my "no nonsense explanation" should make sense to those critics who seek to explore the concept. Well - I thought it first, I said it first and the page clearly needs my explanation! As I said to my critics - I will be watching for any acts of plagiarism and "jealously is the sincerest form of flattery". Clearly you all have a lot of reading to do to reach my level of understanding and it is extremely selfish to deny my no nonsense explanation to those who would like to explore the concept of Noetics through Wikipedia - just because your ego(s) has been dented! Sorry no quotes, references, citations - you will need to explore Noetics for yourselves! (User: fallenangelius) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Fallenangelius (talk • contribs) 23:45, 23 February 2015 (UTC)
Unlike myself you are simply not equipped intellectually to edit the "Noetics" page which is why it currently has issues - your vandalism should cease immediately so that it can develop along with human consciousness - your comments merely show just how much out of your depth you are in relation to this extremely complex concept. Your interference in this area will not be seen as one of Wikipedia's proudest moments - unique thinking has no source because it is born from the incomplete thinking patterns of others whether 3,000 or 3 years earlier. As I said I have already said it and I will be watching but I am not prepared to discuss it any further with you. (User: fallenangelius)
:hmm

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #293 on: May 07, 2023, 07:29:17 PM »
That talk section has just been a constant warzone since 2009, when will the UN step in?  :fbm
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #294 on: May 09, 2023, 06:57:10 PM »
I’m now up to 19th century perverts.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_boy_Jones

In 1838, aged 14, Jones entered Buckingham Palace disguised as a chimney sweep. He was caught by a porter in the Marble Hall and, after a chase, captured by the Metropolitan Police in St James's Street, with Queen Victoria's underwear stuffed down his trousers.
©@©™