Author Topic: The Bore Wasteland Survival Club [A Fallout 76 Thread]  (Read 10394 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: The Bore Wasteland Survival Club [A Fallout 76 Thread]
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2018, 11:11:42 AM »
I love Bethesda, I loved, loved, loved Fallout 4, but this ain't it chief. This game sucks. They should have just asked Obsidian to slap together another single player spinoff in 12 months. Nothing about this game feels good, it's all just demonstrably worse than Fallout 4 in every aspect. Gutting the story and RPG elements to focus on crafting and multiplayer is the worst thing they could have done, this game is a top-to-bottom mistake.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 11:16:50 AM by Joe Molotov »
©@©™

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2018, 07:28:27 AM »
Already seen it for 25 euros around here.

Anyone here still playing this crap? Did they fix anything yet?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2018, 09:16:40 AM »
They've fixed some of the minor issues, but it still feels barren and incomplete. Still, if you just wanna explore post-apocalyptic West Virginia and blast some weird monster, it does have that.
dog

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2018, 01:29:09 PM »
Only 20 euro's for a santa suit! Cmon guys pls buy
What

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2018, 01:36:11 PM »
Only 20 euro's for a santa suit! Cmon guys pls buy

If you haven't spent the $5.00 apology credits they gave for your collector's edition garbage bag, it's only $15.
©@©™

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2019, 03:36:44 PM »
Just wanted to pop in here and say that Fallout 1 and 2 did have feral ghouls and that this game is as fun and frustrating as any survival game I've played. The negative press and internet reaction seem to be typical loud internet minority stuff. I get that this isn't Fallout 5 or New Vegas 2 and that some people are upset about that, but it's basically everything they said it would be at E3 when it was announced. I'm really enjoying it on Xbox and the servers are far from empty.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2019, 04:12:51 PM »
it's basically everything they said it would be at E3

I can understand enjoying a shitty game, but I don't think this part of your comment can stand up against any scrutiny.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2019, 08:41:43 PM »
It seems to be doing fairly well, and apparently Bethesda does actually intend to continue supporting this going further [rather than just dumping it off and moving on], so I do think it could grow into something good eventually. But right now, it just feels kinda barren. The world is there, the loot is there, the monsters are there, but it all feels too empty and rudderless. I did get 40-ish hours of enjoyment out of it, though, so I don't feel like I wasted money, I just need something major to happen with the game before I feel like going back in.
dog

« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2019, 10:11:25 AM »
Bethesda says they are adding player-run stores, so that will be cool. At E3 they said, "
it's basically everything they said it would be at E3

I can understand enjoying a shitty game, but I don't think this part of your comment can stand up against any scrutiny.

Here's the video if you care to scrutinize:

The only thing that stands out to me as misleading is "16x the detail." I have no idea what that means and the game can look like ass sometimes even in 4K. Fallout 4 with some foliage and lighting mods looked better, I think. You can see distant storms systems, though, which is cool. But the survival elements like constant upkeep, the empty world, no NPCs, etc. that people are complaining about was right there in the announcement:

"We have always wanted to tell that story of what it would be like for you and the other characters who were first to leave the vaults. But there's one big difference with this game: it's that each of those characters is a real person. . .Open world, survival, every person is real. . .it's more 'softcore' survival. . .When we think about games, we think about worlds and the choices that you can make, the stories that you create and tell by yourself. By creating a wide open world with very few rules, we have a game—more than any other game we've ever done—where the choices are yours, where you'll decide what happens. You'll decide the heroes and you'll decide the villains."

People complain that it's boring to play alone, but:

"You can play this game solo and quest. But the easiest way to survive in the wasteland is to team up and survive together."

Lack of direction:

"We love dynamic game systems. So we thought, why don't we put multiple nuclear missile sites on the map and then let all of you do whatever you want with them."

(It's interesting what the community decided pretty quickly were the best spots to nuke without any direction from the developers.)

And people complaining about uninvited PvP:

"When you emerge from the safety of your vault, the world you know will have changed. Take your neighbor, Johnny, instead of coming over for sugar, he may be coming over for murder."

Sure, this game is not everyone's cup of tea and sometimes the bugs can make it downright enjoyable, but the game they described is there and if you want to play a hybrid survival/action RPG loot fest, this one is pretty fun. The online aspect is what I enjoy best, because I like the unpredictability humans add to the game. People can help you or attack you, band together or try to make it alone, build welcoming rest stops for dwellers or buttoned-up fortresses. The lack of an NPC telling me to find my son does not bother me in the least. The bugs I tolerate because I expected them from a Bethesda game. This game plays like a Minecraft/Rust/Diablo 3 mashup and I can really get into it. Of course, I'm not telling anyone they have to like it, but if you're curious about the game and that concept sounds fun to you, I think you'll like it. To me. it was definitely worth the $35 it cost.

Rumbler, the next big thing they are adding is player vending. Not sure how that is going to work, but hopefully it does make the game economy a little richer.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2019, 10:18:31 PM »
So, Bethesda is actually doing some stuff with this game in 2019, rather than just abandoning it:

https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/7Lw6jVvhjzSNzuUMmKZgwn/fallout-76-inside-the-vault-our-roadmaps
dog

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2019, 02:13:56 PM »
https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/3r1YDnDtyO1CtNFbJX6RBJ/fallout-76-fallout-1st-announce

Ever since Fallout 76 launched, we have consistently worked to improve and evolve the experience based on your feedback. That’s why we’re excited to launch Fallout 1st, a premium membership that offers something players have been asking for since before launch: private worlds for you and select friends. In addition to this huge feature, Fallout 1st also includes a host of exclusive items and membership bonuses, all of which you can find detailed below. And the best part? Fallout 1st is available right now.

1 month: 12.99
1 year: 99.99

Game still has a $60 msrp.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2019, 02:17:40 PM »
Don't care about a private server, but the gating the unlimited scrap storage space behind a paywall makes me mad.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2019, 02:37:34 PM »
That’s why we’re excited to launch Fallout 1st, a premium membership that offers something players have been asking for since before launch. New content? Haha, no we've delayed that until next year. We're talking about $100 inventory space upgrades.
©@©™

Chooky

« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2019, 05:07:19 PM »
we see there are suckers among you who still continue to log in, so we might as well make some money off you

nachobro

• Live Más

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2019, 10:47:53 AM »
©@©™

eleuin

• perennial loser

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2019, 02:22:32 AM »
Bethesda’s writing is getting better.
©@©™

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2019, 02:36:51 AM »
perhaps this is all going according to Bethesda's 7D chess gameplan

kingv

« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2019, 08:07:52 AM »
Bethesda’s writing is getting better.

And it’s making the left nervous.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2020, 01:36:56 PM »

TODD HOWARD DOES IT AGAIN THE ABSOLUTE MAD LAD :jeb
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2020, 01:25:48 PM »
dog

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2020, 01:38:15 PM »
the fuck is going on with this lady's proportions at 4:24??

:lol
What

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2020, 03:52:35 PM »
$5 copy may actually get opened  :D

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2020, 12:55:48 PM »
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2020, 05:03:41 PM »
Wastelanders expansion it out and Fallout 76 is also available on Steam now.

Not that anyone other than me cares, of course.
dog

eleuin

• perennial loser

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2020, 11:24:34 AM »
Heard this is actually good. Shit should have picked up a key last week
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2020, 11:51:09 AM »
Yeah I heard its even more fun that FO4 because of the dialogue and choices/factions..
What

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2020, 02:24:15 AM »
I just don't want to deal with griefers.. but TBH I love Fallout so much that I'd be tempted to pay their ludicrous fee to have my own private server and just play the game like it's FO5 lol
play rust for literally a week, it's prepared me for anything in survival games. You too can become lord of the flies.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2020, 08:56:50 AM »
I played it quite a bit back when it first came out and never encountered any griefing.
dog

« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2020, 01:41:07 PM »
I made an Instagram for my doll house in FO76: https://www.instagram.com/fo76inn/

There's very little griefing in FO76. The community is more Animal Crossing than Rust.

kingv

« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2020, 11:51:36 PM »
Do the NPCs actually like do shit (radiant quests or whatefer) or do they just stand there and give quests?

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2020, 01:16:34 PM »
Playing this game now via Gamepass.

Wow. This is RUFF. Generally speaking I think gamers are too harsh on games today but I see what the bitching was about at launch especially since this is probably way improved since then. It still feels like its held together with duct tape. This is probably the worst technically performing "big-budget" game I've played on a console. And the thing is it doesn't even look that good for what it costs in performance. I was kinda excited to play it since my tastes aren't generally in alignment with the mainstream, but a good hour of play was enough for me for a bit. I'll be coming back to it but definitely have to kind of recalibrate my expectations.