Author Topic: Kevin Hart telling it like it is  (Read 5312 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Kevin Hart telling it like it is
« on: December 07, 2018, 04:34:33 AM »
“My team calls me, ‘Oh my God, Kevin, everyone’s upset by tweets you did years ago,'” he said in that video. “Guys, I’m nearly 40 years old. If you don’t believe that people change, grow, evolve as they get older, I don’t know what to tell you. If you want to hold people in a position where they always have to justify the past, do you. I’m the wrong guy, man.”

Mans goddamn right

Mandark

• Icon
Re: Kevin Hart telling it like it is
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 04:56:46 AM »
Nah, he fucked up.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 05:05:55 AM »
Tbf i don't know what he did, just agree with the general notion that digging up shit from a decade ago is dumb.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 05:19:23 AM »
A ton of homophobic tweets surfaced up through 2011. First mistake was not scrubbing his old Twitter history.

Second mistake was the (non-apology) statement he put out on Instagram in response:

Stop looking for reasons to be negative...Stop searching for reasons to be angry....I swear I wish you guys could see/feel/understand the mental place that I am in. I am truly happy people....there is nothing that you can do to change that...NOTHING. I work hard on a daily basis to spread positivity to all....with that being said. If u want to search my history or past and anger yourselves with what u find that is fine with me. I;m almost 40 years old and I'm in love with the man that I am becoming. You LIVE and YOU LEARN & YOU GROW & YOU MATURE. I live to Love....Please take your negative energy and put it into something constructive. Please....What's understood should never have to be said. I LOVE EVERYBODY.....ONCE AGAIN EVERYBODY. If you choose to not believe me then that's on you....Have a beautiful day

Hard to feel any sympathy here.

edit: he also had a video saying the Academy told him he could still host as long as he made a public apology, and he refused that. "Just say sorry to the people you insulted and you'll get the job" is as good a deal as you can ask for. I don't think there's a reason for turning it down that doesn't make him look bad.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 05:31:19 AM by Mandark »

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 05:37:17 AM »
The whole point is that why the hell should he do an apology for his opinions or jokes of a decade ago

Should eddie murphy still be apologizing for raw? No

This is also why social media is dumb

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 06:26:44 AM »
:gurl

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 06:29:17 AM »
Should eddie murphy still be apologizing for raw? No

No, because he did actually apologize.
地平線

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 07:29:22 AM »
First mistake was not scrubbing his old Twitter history.

I know what you mean and I get it but it's always a bit disconcerting to come to this conclusion. I guess it's the only way to cope with the fact that anything you write on social media is not your real life off the cuff hot takes you can blurb out among friends or colleagues under various levels of influences that will mostly just be washed away by time.
ὕβρις

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 09:15:20 AM »
I want to believe that I'm a better person than 10 years ago, but if someone says, "Hey, that shit you said 10 years ago bummed me out," I'll apologize.

I'll also wonder why someone's holding onto shit from a decade ago, but my first response won't be, "I wish you could experience ME the way I know me, and I really love the ME I'm becoming, but go ahead and be angry about that stuff I did 10 years ago."

Himu

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 09:19:20 AM »
A part of becoming better is the ability to apologize though.
IYKYK

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 09:24:58 AM »
A part of becoming better is the ability to apologize though.

I agree.

Though I also think we have a culture that's focused on apologizing even when it's clearly just lip service, or just to appease some noisy contingent. There are many people out there who need to be offended. Their ideas are offensive. And they want to be able to blithely go about spouting nonsense on equal terms with people who actually know their stuff.

thetylerrob

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 09:26:32 AM »
Do you really grow that much from 30 > 40? He should just admit that he was being ignorant because most people were more ignorant back then.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 09:34:35 AM »
Do you really grow that much from 30 > 40? He should just admit that he was being ignorant because most people were more ignorant back then.

I think I did. The guy I was at 40 looked back at 30 and laughed. The guy I am at 50 is having an ironic chuckle at 40's response now.

thetylerrob

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2018, 09:44:11 AM »
Yeah, you're probably right.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2018, 10:19:47 AM »
I know what you mean and I get it but it's always a bit disconcerting to come to this conclusion. I guess it's the only way to cope with the fact that anything you write on social media is not your real life off the cuff hot takes you can blurb out among friends or colleagues under various levels of influences that will mostly just be washed away by time.

Context collapse is definitely a thing, but Hart's not just some guy who tweets at his friends and got hit with a bunch of unexpected scrutiny. He uses his social media really aggressively for brand-building and marketing (some of the leaked Sony emails were executives complaining about how much he charged to promote things on his Twitter). This is the game he chose to play.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2018, 10:22:12 AM »

Himu

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2018, 10:33:25 AM »
Another homophonic black man. Wow, I’m so shocked. Another prideful asshat of a homophobic black man too, that refuses to apologize. There’s probably a bunch of black men and women in that very tweet bitching about conspiracies around the lgbt agenda created by the Jews.

If you can’t tell, most black people online make me want to die.
IYKYK

PsychoBee

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2018, 10:54:13 AM »
if you really disagree with things you said in the past and believe you've changed idk why you wouldn't apologize then??

everyones happy, its no big deal

i do disagree with people digging up shit others have said decades ago though, people are just looking for a reason to be angry, like if this dude was making some lowkey shitty/questionable comments and then you dig a little deeper and see he was a lot more open abt it in the past then ya- that makes more sense but i doubt that was the case here (??)
dumb

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2018, 10:54:35 AM »
Kevin Fart.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2018, 11:00:36 AM »
2010 was like the cusp of throwing "f-bombs" around being still popular and not something to worry about.

It's pretty awesome IMO how quickly that changed;  I feel like that's an easy thing to address.  Don't have to apologize profusely, just recognize how shitty it was that it was common behavior and how good it is now that we are a bit more aware of how language like that effects people.

Yup. This should have been a total lay up from the PR side. Get someone to draft a statement you post on social media, maybe have a softball question that you give a prepared answer to the next time you're on Colbert or whatever, and it's all good. Instead he bungles it in multiple ways.

Complete speculation on my part, but I gotta think Hart's surrounded himself with sycophants if not one person in his life was willing to check him.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2018, 11:02:20 AM »
I’m so glad I’m never going to be famous. Scrubbing is hard

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2018, 11:59:51 AM »
Can't believe that Kevin Hart, star of such mega-hits as [some movie] and [I'll have to get back to you with a title] said this.   :(

He should have just apologized for it.  People would have moved onto the next outrage outbreak and forgotten all about this, but instead he's just making it worse.
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2018, 01:03:20 PM »
Do you think people change Kevin?  :thinking
🤴

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2018, 01:35:00 PM »

It's not their fault. It's been a tough few days in the black entertainment industry. Neil Degrass, Morgan Freeman, Kevin Hart.

:dislike :like
"Lets feel each other pulses, it's an Native American custom. Touch me or you're racist"
:stahp
"I don't want to hug you, because feeling your breasts pressed against me during our embrace would give me an erection"
 :badass
"Oh no, how embarrassing. You thought I was trying to fuck you? No I am a man of science"

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2018, 01:48:51 PM »
Tbf i don't know what he did, just agree with the general notion that digging up shit from a decade ago is dumb.

I agree to a certain extent, but that is independent of apologizing for past behavior.  I've certainly made a shit ton a shitty jokes/'jokes' here over the last decade, ranging from racist/homophobic/transphobic/just mean. To say that my posts from high school don't represent me now is pretty easy to say.  However, I can't deny responsibility for past actions just because it happened a while ago and I feel like I'm a changed person.  Without the apology, people won't recognize the change. 

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2018, 01:53:29 PM »

It's not their fault. It's been a tough few days in the black entertainment industry. Neil Degrass, Morgan Freeman, Kevin Hart.

"Lets feel each other pulses, it's an Native American custom. Touch me or you're racist"
"I don't want to hug you, because feeling your breasts pressed against me during our embrace would give me an erection"
"Oh no, how embarrassing. You thought I was trying to fuck you? No I am a man of science"

4/10 for effort.

:uguu "Hi Neil"

:badass "Close your eyes so I can find the stars"

:uguu  "Do you feel it"

:badass  "Yes, this is Jupiter. Wow now let me search for Mars and Venus..."

:gddr5 *EEEEK*

:badass  "Oops that must be your black hole"
🤴

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2018, 02:42:05 PM »
The guy isn't using "gay" ironically or anything. He's expressing with a lot of detail and honesty how he feels about his children potentially being gay. There is no reason for a discussion about redemption unless he spent all his life prior to those tweets insulated from any gay people. Including a few years of comedy clubs.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2018, 04:32:51 PM »
I want to believe that I'm a better person than 10 years ago, but if someone says, "Hey, that shit you said 10 years ago bummed me out," I'll apologize.

I'll also wonder why someone's holding onto shit from a decade ago, but my first response won't be, "I wish you could experience ME the way I know me, and I really love the ME I'm becoming, but go ahead and be angry about that stuff I did 10 years ago."

Fair point, I would too, but celebs live under a microscope and I sympathize with taking a stand

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2018, 05:01:06 PM »
Classic Lager thread: [hot take about something that he's actually wrong about]

see: Polanski, Roman
yar

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2018, 05:24:31 PM »

Himu

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2018, 05:41:03 PM »

what
IYKYK

Cryo

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2018, 05:54:58 PM »
why the fuck would you post a hot take like this without even knowing what he did?  :lol

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2018, 06:09:15 PM »
KH is a dumbass, but I agree with the point. I am glad social media wasn't around when I was younger...for different reasons obv.

all anyone ever does anymore is dig in, it's ok to be wrong on stuff as long as you can learn from it. and aren't in a position to fuck anything up I guess.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2018, 07:28:48 PM »

Did Kevin Hart write this material? :thinking
ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2018, 07:30:06 PM »

Did Kevin Hart write this material? :thinking

That would imply that the material is semi-funny. Which Transhuman's posts are not.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2018, 07:40:12 PM »
what

All i'm saying is that it's been a tough week to be black if you're famous and got skeletons in your closet.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2018, 07:54:18 PM »
I'm flattered to be even mentioned in the same sentence as acclaimed actor Kevin Hart

Himu

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2018, 09:42:40 PM »
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 09:52:04 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2018, 09:58:09 PM »
One of my biggest fears is my children growing up and being Kevin Hart fans. That’s a fear. Keep in mind, I’m not Hartophobic, I have nothing against him, be happy. Do what you want to do. But me, being an intelligent and compassionate human being, if I can prevent my children from watching his material, I will.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2018, 10:15:14 PM »

Himu

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2018, 10:37:18 PM »
This is why Kevin hart’s comments aren’t funny.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kareem-leiva-heather-barron-boyfriend-arrested-anthony-avalos/

I thought he said unfunny homophobic stuff?

He said if he found his son playing with his sisters Barbie playhouse he would break it over his head and tell him that it’s gay

Stuff like that is how the above happens
IYKYK

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2018, 11:41:04 PM »
This is why Kevin hart’s comments aren’t funny.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kareem-leiva-heather-barron-boyfriend-arrested-anthony-avalos/

I thought he said unfunny homophobic stuff?

He said if he found his son playing with his sisters Barbie playhouse he would break it over his head and tell him that it’s gay

Stuff like that is how the above happens

Oh yeah I forgot about that bit of it. Did it make sense in context, or is it pretty much exactly as it sounds? It's weird how open he was about being an piece of shit.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2018, 11:53:34 PM »
why the fuck would you post a hot take like this without even knowing what he did?  :lol

BeKos(ma)

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=36556.0
◕‿◕

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2018, 12:28:49 AM »
Classic Lager thread: [hot take about something that he's actually wrong about]

see: Polanski, Roman

You mean academy award winner Roman Polanski

The same academy  that gave Kevin Hart an ultimatum about some old ass tweets

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2018, 12:31:01 AM »

BeKos(ma)

‘Oh my God, Lager, everyone’s upset by posts you did years ago,'” “Guys, I’m nearly 40 years old. If you don’t believe that people change, grow, evolve as they get older, I don’t know what to tell you. If you want to hold people in a position where they always have to justify the past, do you. I’m the wrong guy, man.”

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2018, 12:35:18 AM »
I liked that post, but I want you to know that I liked it the same way that filler likes posts.
每天生气

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2018, 01:28:18 AM »
Likewise  ;)
◕‿◕

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2018, 11:06:44 AM »

BeKos(ma)

‘Oh my God, Lager, everyone’s upset by posts you did years ago,'” “Guys, I’m nearly 40 years old. If you don’t believe that people change, grow, evolve as they get older, I don’t know what to tell you. If you want to hold people in a position where they always have to justify the past, do you. I’m the wrong guy, man.”

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2018, 06:40:40 PM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2018, 06:53:29 PM »
dog

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2018, 06:57:30 PM »
https://twitter.com/NickCannon/status/1071246517980123137
https://twitter.com/NickCannon/status/1071247118046613510
https://twitter.com/NickCannon/status/1071247372049502208

Kevin Hart fucked up....but he had addressed this previously, apologized, etc years ago. I don't like how this type of stuff is selectively used to "cancel" certain people while others get away scot free.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2018, 07:00:42 PM »
Nick Cannon tryna keep Real Husbands goin

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2018, 07:51:47 PM »
https://twitter.com/NickCannon/status/1071246517980123137
https://twitter.com/NickCannon/status/1071247118046613510
https://twitter.com/NickCannon/status/1071247372049502208

Kevin Hart fucked up....but he had addressed this previously, apologized, etc years ago. I don't like how this type of stuff is selectively used to "cancel" certain people while others get away scot free.

Even google knows he hasn't apologized

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2018, 08:07:05 PM »
Using the f-word isn't the same as saying you'd beat your son if he was gay.  Like ones not great, the other is straight up sick. 

Himu

« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2018, 10:48:44 PM »
Apples to oranges, PD.
IYKYK

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2018, 11:08:42 PM »
One of my biggest fears is my children growing up and being Kevin Hart fans. That’s a fear. Keep in mind, I’m not Hartophobic, I have nothing against him, be happy. Do what you want to do. But me, being an intelligent and compassionate human being, if I can prevent my children from watching his material, I will.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2018, 11:30:45 PM »

No evidence he ever apologized.

Nick Cannon's halfway to saying Hart was about to buy NBC.

Himu

« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2018, 11:49:49 PM »
cue black man conspiracy theories of the oppressed black man who hates lgbt people
IYKYK

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2018, 12:11:06 AM »
Are you really using Nick Cannon as some paragon of virtue? :kermiT

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2018, 12:18:38 AM »
What's Nick do again?
Hi