Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts III  (Read 2452 times)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: Kingdom Hearts III
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2019, 09:04:52 PM »
Game is stupid broken already - just spam Firaga lul
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2019, 09:07:51 PM »
I thought it was easy until the endgame bosses/final bosses. But apparently I was pretty low level. I finished it at lvl.39 and wasn't able to upgrade my keyblades even halfway because I was missing an upgrade material that's only in chests that I never found. I hear most people beat it around lvl.50 with like max keyblades. But I kinda rushed it after the disney stuff was done because just wanted to see how it ends and not go back and explore around for completion. Finished it a little shy of 30 hours.

Also the last couple bosses are totally built around blocking and I was using the Frozen keyblade at lvl.2/3 all the time which ....has no block -_-

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2019, 10:53:36 PM »
bro by endgame you're able to jump out of stuns and counter right into air combos
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2019, 10:56:54 PM »
also this game owned. tons of creative variety in the different worlds, super smooth gameplay. lots of obvious downsides to the game but it's still fun as shit. we do need that Final Mix dlc asap tho Nomura.
pcp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2019, 12:17:28 AM »
I just finished Birth By Sleep. Just need to play 0.2 and I'm ready to FINISH THE FIGHT
fat

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2019, 10:07:50 AM »
what about kh3d
pcp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2019, 10:42:20 AM »
I played that already on 3ds and no way i'm playing that slop again.

You only need to watch the last 15 minutes anyway to see the important shit

But for real though the special ending of BBS is an amazing setup for KH3. Got me all FIRED UP

S O R A
fat

« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2019, 08:04:20 PM »
Beat the game over the weekend. On regular difficulty it was incredibly easy but also incredibly fun.

The Pirates of the Caribbean key blade ruled, too.
野球

213372bu

• My Phriend
« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2019, 08:01:25 AM »
0.2 is pretty awful, don't get your hopes up

I played it last year, and it's probably safe to say it was the worst "game" that I actually had the chance to play.

It feels really weird, and it's more of a cheap tech demo that feels like it wasn't made for the public.
--
Also, has nobody else gotten the secret ending? :doge
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 09:55:49 AM by 213372bu »

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2019, 09:06:34 AM »
i got the secret ending. almost made playing the bullshit mobile game worth it.
pcp

« Reply #130 on: February 20, 2019, 11:18:27 AM »
0.2 is pretty awful, don't get your hopes up

I played it last year, and it's probably safe to say it was the worst "game" that I actually had the chance to play.

It feels really weird, and it's more of a cheap tech demo that feels like it wasn't made for the public.
--
Also, has nobody else gotten the secret ending? :doge

0.2 was supposed to be the beginning of III, it probably wouldn't have felt fragmented if delivered that way.

I got the secret ending, too.
野球

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #131 on: February 20, 2019, 12:25:08 PM »
.2 is just not very exciting and the controls are clunky. but it was like 3 hours long so eh.

as for the secret endings:
spoiler (click to show/hide)
setting up the old guild leaders as the new villains is eh because all of them are pretty boring except Luxu and the Master of Masters is fucking terrible. dude acts like a G rated Deadpool. having the next game's focus on Sora coming back to life is kinda neat though, and if they put an actual Versus XIII world in that would be hilarious and a lot of fun.
pcp

bluemax

« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2019, 03:25:10 AM »
I'm at the save point before the final boss in KH2 and I honestly don't feel like I would want to play a KH3 after this game.
NO

bluemax

« Reply #133 on: March 05, 2019, 01:23:11 AM »
Redboxed KH3, couldn't convince myself to play more than one day, think I'm officially burned out.

Buzz Lightyear is the best character in KH.
NO

Coffee Dog

« Reply #134 on: March 05, 2019, 01:48:36 AM »
I really can't express the level of internal pain I experienced when I beat KH3 and realized that even though I've played like nine full length jrpgs and digested like 300 hours of this story over the past 15 years, the game that matters the most for understanding so much of the series currently is the shitty fucking phone game. Coded amounts to a couple lines of dialogue, BBS and 358/2 get a few rushed cutscenes, but Chain of Memories, DDD, and the phone game comprise the backbone of the plot, with basically every endgame reveal banking on you being deep into phone game lore. Kill me.

bluemax

« Reply #135 on: March 05, 2019, 11:22:59 PM »
It really is pretty shitty that,

1. They had three "numbered" KH entries, as if it was a self contained trilogy you could play and understand.
2. The most important plot points were in the least popular games.

I would love to know how Nomura got buy in from so many people across Square Enix Eidos AND Disney to create this.

I don't think we will ever see a piece of media so batshit insane in scope and logistics again.
NO

Bebpo

« Reply #136 on: March 05, 2019, 11:31:51 PM »
All I can think is the mobile game is big in Japan where mobile gaming is huge.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #137 on: March 06, 2019, 04:37:13 AM »
Fun fact: if you download and start up the phone game right now, there's a popup that says "Hello KH3 gamers! Start playing through the story of this mobile title to see what  crucial lore you can learn! This boy is named Ephemer, and when you meet him the story really begins!"

"Note: you meet Ephemer on Mission #327"
 :dead

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #138 on: March 07, 2019, 10:31:09 AM »
Remember all the haters who said it's bullshit that Star Wars: The Force Awakens is enhanced by reading the Chuck Wendig novels or a couple comics prior to watching?

Ha, ha, yeah, welcome to 2019 where we're all drowning in ancillary media.

« Reply #139 on: March 07, 2019, 11:45:56 AM »
Final Fantasy XV was similar in that all the plot was buried in a bunch of text menus instead of you know, incorporating it into the actual game.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #140 on: March 07, 2019, 03:40:22 PM »
And the rest of the DLCs that got cancelled are being released as a novel!

But I remember this shit back when I was playing The Pied Piper on 8-bit mobile for Xenosaga ep1 tie-in, or ZoE where you had to watch the anime, play the GBA game and ZoE1 for ZoE2. Or Destiny 1 where you had to read the online lore cards. Game industry's been doing this shit forever. I'm surprised MGS never went in that direction and the most you ever had to play was a PSP game with Peace Walker. Portable Ops was like never mentioned again and the old MSX/NES originals barely mattered after MGS1.

« Reply #141 on: March 07, 2019, 05:32:00 PM »
And the rest of the DLCs that got cancelled are being released as a novel!

But I remember this shit back when I was playing The Pied Piper on 8-bit mobile for Xenosaga ep1 tie-in, or ZoE where you had to watch the anime, play the GBA game and ZoE1 for ZoE2. Or Destiny 1 where you had to read the online lore cards. Game industry's been doing this shit forever. I'm surprised MGS never went in that direction and the most you ever had to play was a PSP game with Peace Walker. Portable Ops was like never mentioned again and the old MSX/NES originals barely mattered after MGS1.

The only thing that was needed for ZOE2 was ZOE1. And you probably would've been fine if you hadn't played it.

I've never seen the anime or played that SRPG GBA game, and ZOE2 made as much as sense as it was ever gonna.
野球

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2019, 02:57:12 PM »
Just copped THE STORY SO FAR so I can play 2.8 JESUS nobody carries this shit
fat

bluemax

« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2019, 02:07:01 AM »
Fun fact: if you download and start up the phone game right now, there's a popup that says "Hello KH3 gamers! Start playing through the story of this mobile title to see what  crucial lore you can learn! This boy is named Ephemer, and when you meet him the story really begins!"

"Note: you meet Ephemer on Mission #327"
 :dead

I downloaded it. You have to play 6 tutorial missions, then choose if you're going to download the HD textures or not, then sit through some more nonsense AND THEN it tells you that the KH3 stuff starts in mission 362!!!

The game requires too much effort when playing against trash mobs which is a giant sin for Gacha RPGs. I've only gone through about about 14 missions in 3 days since downloading this. It's incredibly unfun even by gacha standards.
NO

Bebpo

« Reply #144 on: March 09, 2019, 11:13:21 AM »
Yeah, I love KH and hate mobile and couldn’t last more than a dozen or two missions in when it came out. Mobile games are always so fucking long with 1,000 missions of the same thing over and over since they want to keep you playing and paying for months/years. Concept does not gel with me.