Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts III  (Read 27094 times)

Re: Kingdom Hearts III
« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2019, 08:04:20 PM »
Beat the game over the weekend. On regular difficulty it was incredibly easy but also incredibly fun.

The Pirates of the Caribbean key blade ruled, too.
野球

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2019, 09:06:34 AM »
i got the secret ending. almost made playing the bullshit mobile game worth it.
pcp

« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2019, 11:18:27 AM »
0.2 is pretty awful, don't get your hopes up

I played it last year, and it's probably safe to say it was the worst "game" that I actually had the chance to play.

It feels really weird, and it's more of a cheap tech demo that feels like it wasn't made for the public.
--
Also, has nobody else gotten the secret ending? :doge

0.2 was supposed to be the beginning of III, it probably wouldn't have felt fragmented if delivered that way.

I got the secret ending, too.
野球

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2019, 12:25:08 PM »
.2 is just not very exciting and the controls are clunky. but it was like 3 hours long so eh.

as for the secret endings:
spoiler (click to show/hide)
setting up the old guild leaders as the new villains is eh because all of them are pretty boring except Luxu and the Master of Masters is fucking terrible. dude acts like a G rated Deadpool. having the next game's focus on Sora coming back to life is kinda neat though, and if they put an actual Versus XIII world in that would be hilarious and a lot of fun.
[close]
pcp

bluemax

« Reply #124 on: March 01, 2019, 03:25:10 AM »
I'm at the save point before the final boss in KH2 and I honestly don't feel like I would want to play a KH3 after this game.
NO

bluemax

« Reply #125 on: March 05, 2019, 01:23:11 AM »
Redboxed KH3, couldn't convince myself to play more than one day, think I'm officially burned out.

Buzz Lightyear is the best character in KH.
NO

Coffee Dog

« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2019, 01:48:36 AM »
I really can't express the level of internal pain I experienced when I beat KH3 and realized that even though I've played like nine full length jrpgs and digested like 300 hours of this story over the past 15 years, the game that matters the most for understanding so much of the series currently is the shitty fucking phone game. Coded amounts to a couple lines of dialogue, BBS and 358/2 get a few rushed cutscenes, but Chain of Memories, DDD, and the phone game comprise the backbone of the plot, with basically every endgame reveal banking on you being deep into phone game lore. Kill me.

bluemax

« Reply #127 on: March 05, 2019, 11:22:59 PM »
It really is pretty shitty that,

1. They had three "numbered" KH entries, as if it was a self contained trilogy you could play and understand.
2. The most important plot points were in the least popular games.

I would love to know how Nomura got buy in from so many people across Square Enix Eidos AND Disney to create this.

I don't think we will ever see a piece of media so batshit insane in scope and logistics again.
NO

Bebpo

« Reply #128 on: March 05, 2019, 11:31:51 PM »
All I can think is the mobile game is big in Japan where mobile gaming is huge.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #129 on: March 06, 2019, 04:37:13 AM »
Fun fact: if you download and start up the phone game right now, there's a popup that says "Hello KH3 gamers! Start playing through the story of this mobile title to see what  crucial lore you can learn! This boy is named Ephemer, and when you meet him the story really begins!"

"Note: you meet Ephemer on Mission #327"
 :dead

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2019, 10:31:09 AM »
Remember all the haters who said it's bullshit that Star Wars: The Force Awakens is enhanced by reading the Chuck Wendig novels or a couple comics prior to watching?

Ha, ha, yeah, welcome to 2019 where we're all drowning in ancillary media.

« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2019, 11:45:56 AM »
Final Fantasy XV was similar in that all the plot was buried in a bunch of text menus instead of you know, incorporating it into the actual game.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #132 on: March 07, 2019, 03:40:22 PM »
And the rest of the DLCs that got cancelled are being released as a novel!

But I remember this shit back when I was playing The Pied Piper on 8-bit mobile for Xenosaga ep1 tie-in, or ZoE where you had to watch the anime, play the GBA game and ZoE1 for ZoE2. Or Destiny 1 where you had to read the online lore cards. Game industry's been doing this shit forever. I'm surprised MGS never went in that direction and the most you ever had to play was a PSP game with Peace Walker. Portable Ops was like never mentioned again and the old MSX/NES originals barely mattered after MGS1.

« Reply #133 on: March 07, 2019, 05:32:00 PM »
And the rest of the DLCs that got cancelled are being released as a novel!

But I remember this shit back when I was playing The Pied Piper on 8-bit mobile for Xenosaga ep1 tie-in, or ZoE where you had to watch the anime, play the GBA game and ZoE1 for ZoE2. Or Destiny 1 where you had to read the online lore cards. Game industry's been doing this shit forever. I'm surprised MGS never went in that direction and the most you ever had to play was a PSP game with Peace Walker. Portable Ops was like never mentioned again and the old MSX/NES originals barely mattered after MGS1.

The only thing that was needed for ZOE2 was ZOE1. And you probably would've been fine if you hadn't played it.

I've never seen the anime or played that SRPG GBA game, and ZOE2 made as much as sense as it was ever gonna.
野球

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #134 on: March 08, 2019, 02:57:12 PM »
Just copped THE STORY SO FAR so I can play 2.8 JESUS nobody carries this shit
fat

bluemax

« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2019, 02:07:01 AM »
Fun fact: if you download and start up the phone game right now, there's a popup that says "Hello KH3 gamers! Start playing through the story of this mobile title to see what  crucial lore you can learn! This boy is named Ephemer, and when you meet him the story really begins!"

"Note: you meet Ephemer on Mission #327"
 :dead

I downloaded it. You have to play 6 tutorial missions, then choose if you're going to download the HD textures or not, then sit through some more nonsense AND THEN it tells you that the KH3 stuff starts in mission 362!!!

The game requires too much effort when playing against trash mobs which is a giant sin for Gacha RPGs. I've only gone through about about 14 missions in 3 days since downloading this. It's incredibly unfun even by gacha standards.
NO

Bebpo

« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2019, 11:13:21 AM »
Yeah, I love KH and hate mobile and couldn’t last more than a dozen or two missions in when it came out. Mobile games are always so fucking long with 1,000 missions of the same thing over and over since they want to keep you playing and paying for months/years. Concept does not gel with me.

Tasty

Coffee Dog

« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2019, 02:12:05 AM »
The ride never ends.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11d1TKd4ZKZd41pJKQ77bKz4YxJx8_Mojz2KMpNvTrvU/preview

I dont understand the significance of this; theyre claiming the whole game is a dream but it happened anyway, while implying that Nomura is subtly hinting at the dream in ways that are so fucking subtle it would be entirely unprecedented.

We have seen, at this point, 15 years and over 200 hours od this man's work. He is not capable of subtlety. The only thing that has even approached that level of abstraction is the KH1 secret movie, which was designed as literally random bullshit that KH2's plot had to build itself around after the fact.

The next game is going to be a spinoff game where you play as Sora and Riku to set up KH4, just like Chain of memories and just like Dream Drop. The exact intricacies of KH3's science are entirely irrelevant to that, and no amount of "theorizing" has proven itself reliable in the past 10 years. When Nomura wants to make something known, its blatant.

Chooky

« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2019, 07:54:38 AM »
it's good to see that the "chrono is jesus" and "squall is dead" dummies have a new friend to play with, i guess

Tasty

« Reply #140 on: April 13, 2019, 07:29:12 PM »
In the grand scheme of things it doesn't actually matter, but it does give some possible retroactive explanations for various inconsistencies and whatnot (especially around the gameplay systems.)

With that in mind, most of it is probably fans overthinking, but some of the stuff (particularly around Kairi and even the insane logo detail thing) could bear out in a Final Mix.

Tasty

« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2019, 10:32:57 PM »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2019, 10:43:47 PM »
This is an old trailer... but ok
fat

Tasty

« Reply #143 on: December 02, 2019, 10:51:41 PM »
You follow me and criticize me so much, it's flattering 💅🏻

But anyways, it hadn't been posted ITT, and it was new to me. :idont

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #144 on: December 02, 2019, 11:19:10 PM »
What the fuck are you going on about? Is this your Seasonal Depression flaring up again?

It wasn't posted because nobody here plays KH to care about it - you included
fat

Tasty

« Reply #145 on: December 03, 2019, 08:48:28 AM »
That's true, I'm just here for the animu cutscenes :rejoice

Tasty

« Reply #146 on: December 03, 2019, 08:48:39 AM »
And Utada :rejoice

Coffee Dog

« Reply #147 on: December 03, 2019, 10:09:41 AM »
I play KH.   :goty2

I wish ReMind looked more exciting, but it's just cutscenes + bosses. Which is great! But kind of the bare minimum in a game with massive pacing/script problems.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #148 on: December 03, 2019, 10:12:17 AM »
I 1000'd KH3 and plan on buying ReMind as well but there's still not much info on the content as it is
fat

Chooky

« Reply #149 on: December 03, 2019, 12:31:08 PM »
I'm hoping that Remind will be a full overhaul of KH3 like the Final Mixes of 1 and 2. 3 was fun but ultimately so shallow that it almost felt forgettable. game really needs some more variety to the gameplay and extra sidequests to give it some meat.

Tasty

« Reply #150 on: December 03, 2019, 12:49:25 PM »
Ehhh I think the DLC will just be DLC, and the Final Mix is going to happen later... Square isn't going to pass a chance to milk things.

Chooky

« Reply #151 on: December 03, 2019, 02:34:18 PM »
they sure are fucking up their chance to milk it with how long one dlc is taking. sales already bottomed out.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #152 on: December 06, 2019, 07:36:39 PM »
Mmm yeah baby now this is more like it

Mirror before it gets DMCA'd

« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 09:17:44 PM by demi »
fat

Chooky

« Reply #153 on: December 06, 2019, 08:09:49 PM »
aw shit boys is this gonna be KH 3.5? it's like they put in everything i felt was missing from KH3. WHERE IS THE RELEASE DATE

edit:
PS4: January 23rd, 2020
XBONE: February 20th, 2020

Bebpo

« Reply #154 on: December 06, 2019, 08:12:09 PM »
Lol, they brought back FF

Sephiroth fight is soooooo in.

Tasty

« Reply #155 on: December 06, 2019, 09:46:24 PM »
"I've been having these weird thoughts lately... like, is any of this for real? Or not?"

:gladbron

bluemax

« Reply #156 on: December 06, 2019, 11:20:50 PM »
Are they charging for this DLC?
NO

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #157 on: December 06, 2019, 11:23:43 PM »
Lol, what do you think hombre
fat

Coffee Dog

« Reply #158 on: December 07, 2019, 06:42:33 AM »
I'm really split that Nomura actually seems to be doing some stupid grant morrison shit with his cancelled games. Trailer ends with Sora and the Versus Noctis reciting the same dialogue = why

Other than that, this showed basically what you expect. A boss arena and a ME3 style ending enhancer. I'll get it, I'll beat it.

Are they charging for this DLC?

It's going to be at least twenty dollars if not more

Tasty

« Reply #159 on: December 07, 2019, 08:26:25 AM »
That's not Noctis, that's Yozora from Verum Rex.

Though fans *have* spotted Versus references in this scene, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Coffee Dog

« Reply #160 on: December 07, 2019, 10:11:22 AM »

Yozora is blatantly Noctis.  :lol that post credits scene of KH3 shows Sora and Riku in TWEWY and Versus XIII, respectively, nomura's two cancelled passion projects. And now, Yozora, who is literally nothing but a noctis stand in from a fictional hit rpg series, is seemingly an important figure to the franchise's future. Nomura is dumbbb

Tasty

« Reply #161 on: December 07, 2019, 10:27:42 AM »
Not gonna argue, and the Morrison comparison is pretty apt too. :lol

Coffee Dog

« Reply #162 on: December 10, 2019, 10:45:01 PM »
The amount of content in this is worth nowhere near $30, considering how much of it is fixes for the base game. 13 boss fights and an epilogue chapter is seemingly most of what you're getting on top of that.

That price is some classic high on your own supply Square hubris, and even though I'll be buying it I can't imagine it'll be worth much more than half that for anyone who isn't a superfan.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #163 on: December 10, 2019, 11:27:53 PM »
Is this dlc woven into the main game or some post game stuff?

I haven’t played through KH3 yet.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #164 on: December 10, 2019, 11:46:23 PM »
Is this dlc woven into the main game or some post game stuff?

I haven’t played through KH3 yet.

So basically, there's going to be a patch for the main game that includes new abilities, keyblades, and some minor gameplay stuff like photo mode, difficulty options, etc. There may be more new or changed stuff added to the base game with this patch, but there is no info yet.

ReMind is a $30 DLC that gives you:
-ReMind episode, an expanded/directors cut/not rushed ending
-Limit Episode, endgame boss rush stuff
-secret episode, an epilogue

The stuff you pay for is almost exclusively isolated to the end, but we'll see if the update does anything to the rest of base KH3.

bluemax

« Reply #165 on: December 11, 2019, 12:17:44 AM »
Lol, what do you think hombre

Yeah, I should've known.

Yozora is blatantly Noctis.  :lol that post credits scene of KH3 shows Sora and Riku in TWEWY and Versus XIII, respectively, nomura's two cancelled passion projects. And now, Yozora, who is literally nothing but a noctis stand in from a fictional hit rpg series, is seemingly an important figure to the franchise's future. Nomura is dumbbb

Who does Nomura have pics of. Remember when KH was FFxDisney and not Nomura's personal jerk off device?
NO

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #166 on: January 22, 2020, 11:11:15 AM »
The DLC is out on PS4. And it looks so fucking nutty and difficult. Yas queen

Watching this guy play on Critical mode doing the data battles

https://www.twitch.tv/cginfernoblast

Also Yozora is the secret boss and apparently Nomura made him really difficult and will make you regret your actions
fat

Chooky

« Reply #167 on: January 22, 2020, 02:27:38 PM »
I just need an estimated length before I purchase. $30 is a huge price for dlc and I don't want to spend that in something that might be under 10 hours of content

« Reply #168 on: January 22, 2020, 02:40:38 PM »
I just need an estimated length before I purchase. $30 is a huge price for dlc and I don't want to spend that in something that might be under 10 hours of content

Sounds like the new episode can be done in 3-4 hours. The extra boss battles probably will take way longer than that, but I'm in the same boat as you in just wanting to play the new story stuff.
野球

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #169 on: January 22, 2020, 02:58:09 PM »
There's apparently story stuff in the Limit Cut and Secret Episode
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #170 on: January 22, 2020, 02:58:51 PM »
Shit, I need to find time and play this over the weekend.

Never touched any of the final mix versions because you had to replay the whole game for the new stuff. But since this is its own thing I’m in. I suck ass at KH though and die on normal so I hope this isn’t too hard on normal lol

Coffee Dog

« Reply #171 on: January 22, 2020, 03:03:51 PM »
The moves that they added to Sora's moveset are really, really good, and bring his mobility much more in line with his KH2 self. The update didn't alter any content in the main game, just enhanced the visuals in places (cleaned up CG, redid skyboxes, made some character models nicer), but it plays better.

I'll jump into the new postgame/boss fight stuff later.

Bebpo

« Reply #172 on: January 22, 2020, 03:05:27 PM »
The moves that they added to Sora's moveset are really, really good, and bring his mobility much more in line with his KH2 self. The update didn't alter any content in the main game, just enhanced the visuals in places (cleaned up CG, redid skyboxes, made some character models nicer), but it plays better.

I'll jump into the new postgame/boss fight stuff later.

Sounds great to me.

« Reply #173 on: January 22, 2020, 03:05:33 PM »
Can you play the boss rush stuff at normal functioning human being difficulty levels just to get through it all or is it stupid difficult no matter what?
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #174 on: January 22, 2020, 03:10:32 PM »
Went to buy it on the JP store (since my KH3 is JP) and it's not up yet >< Should be up tonight though. $38 regular, $48 w/concert video. Dat JP mark up.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #175 on: January 22, 2020, 03:17:20 PM »
Can you play the boss rush stuff at normal functioning human being difficulty levels just to get through it all or is it stupid difficult no matter what?

I'm not sure if you can utilize them during the new episodes, but they added a bunch of cheat settings you can now use during the main game, so if it allows that you should be able to coast through no matter what.

Chooky

« Reply #176 on: January 22, 2020, 03:31:36 PM »
wait this doesn't update KH3 either? behind. the final mixes of 1 and 2 took those games from 3/5s to 5/5s and 3 really could've used some improvements. and 4 hours for the main campaign? I'll wait for a price drop. I'm sure what's there will be fun but that's just too much damn money for an afternoon of gaming.

« Reply #177 on: January 22, 2020, 03:35:48 PM »

I'm not sure if you can utilize them during the new episodes, but they added a bunch of cheat settings you can now use during the main game, so if it allows that you should be able to coast through no matter what.

I played through KHIII on the normal difficulty and the game was a nice challenge but still beatable. I knows nerds are gonna nerd, but I always see comments like these extra bosses being damn near impossible and wonder.
野球

Chooky

« Reply #178 on: January 22, 2020, 03:38:54 PM »
the extra fights in KH2 were like raid- tier difficulty in that you'd get slaughtered if you tried to brute force most the fights. toy had to come up with specific strategies to deal with some of their moves. really most optional bosses in the series are like this so I expect that these new fights will be no different.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #179 on: January 22, 2020, 04:20:27 PM »

I played through KHIII on the normal difficulty and the game was a nice challenge but still beatable. I knows nerds are gonna nerd, but I always see comments like these extra bosses being damn near impossible and wonder.

I'm pretty sure you can play it at whatever you feel like. I'll be playing at Proud mode.

Also to get the new keyblades, Oathkeeper you need to find all lucky emblems, and for Oblivion you need to beat it on Critical mode.

But both blades aren't broken or anything, Ultima Blade still seems to be the best to use.
fat