Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3880210 times)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #10260 on: April 14, 2019, 10:50:54 AM »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #10261 on: April 14, 2019, 10:56:10 AM »
Found him, I think.

:rejoice

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #10262 on: April 14, 2019, 11:02:53 AM »
he had also been banned on the 5th for two days: https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2019-ot3-you-were-at-my-wedding-denise.101959/post-19558836
User Banned (2 Days): Inflammatory drive-by and antagonizing other users

Era is like the  banking system of forums.

Drainage

« Reply #10263 on: April 14, 2019, 11:10:42 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-frustrating-how-mens-health-is-treated-as-the-default-human-experience.111469/

Quote from: pizoxuat
That's pretty big fuckin information, my dudes! That shouldn't be squirreled away in the For Women Only book that I found on page 3 of the Amazon results for ADHD books! It's so frustrating that medical information that doesn't apply to cis men is hidden away like y'all are gonna be offended to know this little factiod or something.

Reading books is for the alt-right, we need end the sexist regime of WebMD. PSA from resetera so you can be better best

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10264 on: April 14, 2019, 11:20:27 AM »
ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10265 on: April 14, 2019, 11:25:15 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-frustrating-how-mens-health-is-treated-as-the-default-human-experience.111469/

Quote from: pizoxuat
That's pretty big fuckin information, my dudes! That shouldn't be squirreled away in the For Women Only book that I found on page 3 of the Amazon results for ADHD books! It's so frustrating that medical information that doesn't apply to cis men is hidden away like y'all are gonna be offended to know this little factiod or something.

Reading books is for the alt-right, we need end the sexist regime of WebMD. PSA from resetera so you can be better best

Call me a cynic, but my first guess would be that a medical claim stated only in a single book buried 3 pages deep in a list and not common knowledge to trained medical professionals is less the result of The Patriachy and more the result of medical hypothesis as taught to medical practitioners having to have gone through a rigorous process of peer review and analysis of claims prior to being taught as established fact, in a way that people writing direct to public for profit self help books do not.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10266 on: April 14, 2019, 11:42:27 AM »
It's disappointing looking at how recent films of things with video games (whether game adaptations, or the converse) seem much better at getting more people in them.

Like Detective Pikachu, the game, stars another white kid as its protagonist, whereas Justice Smith is the main kid in the movie.
Dwayne Johnson was the lead role in Rampage. While the games are different, in that there is no real human lead, the monsters are mutated white guys.
And of course, Rey is the protagonist of the latest Star Wars movies.

While movies are working to have all kinds of starring roles, whereas white guys still seem to be the default in games.

:dunno

..and I'm pretty fucking sure that "white kid" in Detective Pikachu is actually "Animu Japanese Kid".

So factually wrong on two of the three examples you actually chose to cite.

Good job.

agrajag

« Reply #10267 on: April 14, 2019, 11:47:58 AM »
white women are the new straight white guys

:yeshrug

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #10268 on: April 14, 2019, 01:17:26 PM »
I'm confused as to why reaction threads aren't allowed, surely posting any trailer and saying what do you think? Is a reaction thread..

I mean just look at the fallen order thread, pages upon pages of users getting really upset, until mods have to make a VERY IMPORTANT staff post.

I'm beginning to think that they specifically used that forum software to ensure maximum power for the mods.

No wonder poor Sweet Nicole had to say goodbye,

it must be utterly exhausting having to read pages upon pages of reports and then cross checking with every minority group to ensure the committee of REE are happy.

Well that and ensuring Steam threads never took over the whole damn board. The amount of bans they dish out for trivial shit surely will make the forum self implode soon right?

I would love to know the amount of "clear" members they have. POST STATS YOU COWARDS.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10269 on: April 14, 2019, 01:38:23 PM »
Abled cishet white men aren't even half the people in the world (let alone a country like America), somehow, are 90+% of video game protagonists? And some of you are mad that maybe it should be proportional, for starters?

I'm pretty sure that more than 90% of videogames don't even have anything that can recognisably be termed "a protagonist" in the first place

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10270 on: April 14, 2019, 01:41:38 PM »
As a generic white dude, it’s still a bit of a downer to be constantly reminded that I’m boring, obsolete and no longer welcome to the party but I’m slowly getting used to it.

:fbm
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #10271 on: April 14, 2019, 01:45:15 PM »
It's disappointing looking at how recent films of things with video games (whether game adaptations, or the converse) seem much better at getting more people in them.

Like Detective Pikachu, the game, stars another white kid as its protagonist, whereas Justice Smith is the main kid in the movie.
Dwayne Johnson was the lead role in Rampage. While the games are different, in that there is no real human lead, the monsters are mutated white guys.

While movies are working to have all kinds of starring roles, whereas white guys still seem to be the default in games.

(Image removed from quote.)

..and I'm pretty fucking sure that "white kid" in Detective Pikachu is actually "Animu Japanese Kid".

Good job.

Eh... the kid in Detective Pikachu is also called Tim in the japanese version.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10272 on: April 14, 2019, 01:53:39 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Good job.

It co-stars a Pikachu tho, so progress.
©@©™

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #10273 on: April 14, 2019, 01:53:58 PM »
The protagonist is a redhead right?

Know it’s not the kind of diversity people are asking for, but I wouldn’t call it common either. Only other redhead gaming icon I can think of is Aloy. I know, it’s far from the same sort of thing; just an observation.

agrajag

« Reply #10274 on: April 14, 2019, 01:58:33 PM »
As a generic white dude, it’s still a bit of a downer to be constantly reminded that I’m boring, obsolete and no longer welcome to the party but I’m slowly getting used to it.

dude, links. At least indicate a marrec post when you quote it  ;)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10275 on: April 14, 2019, 02:00:43 PM »

dude, links. At least indicate a marrec post when you quote it  ;)
Super Mario avatar
https://www.resetera.com/threads/yet-another-generic-white-dude-a-legitimate-discussion-on-criticism-regarding-character-design-diversity.111378/post-19833557
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10276 on: April 14, 2019, 02:04:31 PM »

Maybe I'm wrong on that one then, but its still a reach to make the claim that Japanese developers make 'white men' by default, and it says more about that persons cultural biases that they see an ambiguously coloured cartoon character made in an entirely different culture as "white" as their default interpretation

Boredfrom

« Reply #10277 on: April 14, 2019, 02:10:24 PM »

Maybe I'm wrong on that one then, but its still a reach to make the claim that Japanese developers make 'white men' by default, and it says more about that persons cultural biases that they see an ambiguously coloured cartoon character made in an entirely different culture as "white" as their default interpretation

I don’t think they make “white men” by default (is more complicated than that) but in this particular example everyone has anglo names. In other Pokemon games they change Japanese names in localization but this one was already like that from the start.

I suppose that is one the reasons why Hollywood is adapting Detective Pikachu first given that is already a pretty western friendly game.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
The film looks way better than the game, though.
[close]

BisMarckie

« Reply #10279 on: April 14, 2019, 02:26:30 PM »

BisMarckie

« Reply #10281 on: April 14, 2019, 02:31:57 PM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #10282 on: April 14, 2019, 02:35:06 PM »

BisMarckie

« Reply #10283 on: April 14, 2019, 02:36:44 PM »
Man they self-police fast these days on resetera.

Boredfrom

« Reply #10284 on: April 14, 2019, 02:38:48 PM »

In other Tiger Woods threads, I mean.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #10285 on: April 14, 2019, 02:43:50 PM »

They finally commented on Enzom, huh.

BisMarckie

« Reply #10286 on: April 14, 2019, 02:47:04 PM »
Tiger's last major win before this was almost right at the exact time ironman 1 came out. Now his newest win is right before endgame.
:expert

Tripon

« Reply #10287 on: April 14, 2019, 03:01:15 PM »
Has Tiger really been floating around as a loser for 11 fucking years?  :snoop

If that's losing, sign me up.  :doge

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #10288 on: April 14, 2019, 03:12:56 PM »
I didn't know that film 11 years a slave was about the bad times Tiger had, really makes you think.

Boredfrom

« Reply #10289 on: April 14, 2019, 03:25:40 PM »
My racist, right-wing brother texted me:

“Tiger Woods golfed with Trump weeks ago. now he wins the Masters. no coincidence.“

“just like America as a whole Tiger never won under Obama. but hes back now and America is great again!”

So maybe not all of them are as besides themselves as you think? I don’t know. As we see in this thread, people are willing to overlook certain things to fit whatever narrative they want.

This is the same brother that was laughing that a rapper with the name “Nipsey Hussle” was murdered a couple weeks ago.

Being fair, your brother seems to be dipshit regardless of racism or whatever Tiger is  a Trumptard.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #10290 on: April 14, 2019, 03:41:26 PM »

Stop going to parties filled with (REE)activists, then.

Propagandhim

« Reply #10291 on: April 14, 2019, 03:49:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tiger-woods-authors-one-of-the-greatest-sports-stories-of-all-time-wins-5th-green-jacket-15th-major.111499/post-19839189

Imagine one of your first takes to Tiger the GOAT finally winning again being, "Yeah fuck old white guys" :lol :lol

Imagine thinking anyone...anyone gives a shit about Tiger Woods being black at this point. 

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #10292 on: April 14, 2019, 04:21:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tiger-woods-authors-one-of-the-greatest-sports-stories-of-all-time-wins-5th-green-jacket-15th-major.111499/post-19839189

Imagine one of your first takes to Tiger the GOAT finally winning again being, "Yeah fuck old white guys" :lol :lol

Imagine thinking anyone...anyone gives a shit about Tiger Woods being black at this point.

Haha, true.  But that's all ERA can see about him because it gives them the chance to make him, and therefore themselves, a victim.

Sigh, imagine what enzom could have done for that thread

Goodnight sweet prince  :fbm
sigh

BisMarckie

« Reply #10293 on: April 14, 2019, 04:22:46 PM »
These past few months really hammered home where everyone stands for me. I certainly never expected a congresswoman from Minnesota to be my litmus test. But politician or a rando on ERA, where you stand on Omar is how I will fucking judge you. And it's become painfully clear that "moderates" or "liberals" or whatever the fuck are not on my side. You asshole throwing her under the bus and making up excuses for pathetic Dems are NOT my ally. And before you try to threaten me with 4 more years of Trump, remember: We got Trump because of you and your racist family you don't want to confront on thanksgiving dinner, not my brothers and sisters' melanin infused asses.Man, fuck off with this bullshit. We're here because of all that happened before, this IS the topic.

2020 election gonna be great on resetera :delicious

BisMarckie

« Reply #10294 on: April 14, 2019, 04:36:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tiger-woods-authors-one-of-the-greatest-sports-stories-of-all-time-wins-5th-green-jacket-15th-major.111499/post-19839717
i don't get it, it was self inflicted. Don't do stupid shit coons

Self-policing :lawd

That Tiger Woods thread is a complete trash fire. :lol

clothedmacuser

« Reply #10295 on: April 14, 2019, 04:42:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tiger-woods-authors-one-of-the-greatest-sports-stories-of-all-time-wins-5th-green-jacket-15th-major.111499/post-19839717
i don't get it, it was self inflicted. Don't do stupid shit coons

Self-policing :lawd

That Tiger Woods thread is a complete trash fire. :lol
how in the hell is this only a warning
Wait what.
Account suicide in a Tiger thread
how in the hell is this only a warning
Disappointed that I have seen someone call him a ”coon” in this thread though, what sort of disgusting language is that?
Yeah and the user who said it only received a warning?!

The departure of Sweet Nicole has even led to this.  Calling a person a "coon" is now a bad thing.  Minorities leaving droves™
sigh

Nuitangg

« Reply #10296 on: April 14, 2019, 04:54:38 PM »
Tiger has also played golf with Obama and Clinton.   :lol

Averon

« Reply #10297 on: April 14, 2019, 04:57:37 PM »
Black posters calling other black figures 'coons' is one of the few approved racial insults allowed on ERA. Did the BCT make a deal with the mods?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #10298 on: April 14, 2019, 05:00:42 PM »
Tiger has also played golf with Obama and Clinton.   :lol
what a huge piece of shit

Tripon

« Reply #10299 on: April 14, 2019, 05:12:01 PM »
Is RE the only message board on the internet where a discussion about Tiger Woods winning the Masters after 11 years can turn into impassioned flame wars about Donald Trump caging immigrant children at the border?

Such unique value to this world  :aah

Resetera so niche and extreme, that the Chapo Trap House guys regularly mention the Dark Web, GAB, etc. but won't mention resetera.  :doge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #10300 on: April 14, 2019, 05:25:34 PM »
Do you think it would be a fair opinion that winning a golf tournament does not redeem someone as it doesn't at all address or have anything to do with the things people take issue with? I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I don't know that a sports win is a personal redemption.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tiger-woods-authors-one-of-the-greatest-sports-stories-of-all-time-wins-5th-green-jacket-15th-major.111499/post-19840046

You're right RedMerc, him winning a golf tournament has nothing to do with the issues people have with him. So maybe shut the fuck up about them in a thread about him winning a golf tournament.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #10301 on: April 14, 2019, 05:28:38 PM »
Black posters calling other black figures 'coons' is one of the few approved racial insults allowed on ERA. Did the BCT make a deal with the mods?

wrong, using coon is just the only time context is important in regards to a post.

Unfortunately, your recent report has been rejected: Post in thread 'Tiger Woods authors one of the greatest sports stories of all time. Wins 5th Green Jacket. 15th Major.' - We do not believe that the user was using this in a racist manner, given their post history that calls out racism, and their investment in issues concerning black people. The meaning of this word can change drastically depending on context. That's why have received a warning rather than a ban

hyper-progressive forum until it comes to taking away those racial slurs. and not insulting jews. and not insulting women they disagree with. and wishing death on anyone that disagrees with them.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #10302 on: April 14, 2019, 05:45:32 PM »
lol, context matters all of a sudden. 

Bring back Sweet Nicole!  The forum is going crazy!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tiger-woods-authors-one-of-the-greatest-sports-stories-of-all-time-wins-5th-green-jacket-15th-major.111499/post-19843024

Now multiple people are saying he wasn't banned because he is a "favorite" of the mods.

sigh

Tripon

BisMarckie

« Reply #10304 on: April 14, 2019, 05:53:53 PM »
Yikes, resetera mods caving to the pressure of white males tone policing the self-policing efforts of the black community.

benita

« Reply #10305 on: April 14, 2019, 05:56:12 PM »
So now they're "looking at the situation"

Hmm, who could have thought that allowing faceless, anonymous characters on the internet to use different words based on their alleged race could ever end up being a not great idea.

Can you imagine how poppin discord is gonna be if the result of this is NOT letting a subset of posters throw around racist, inflammatory language?

:heyman

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10306 on: April 14, 2019, 06:00:56 PM »
Gonna be another 16 hour work day for the mods down at the old Resetera mines.
©@©™

Boredfrom

« Reply #10307 on: April 14, 2019, 06:02:00 PM »
Quote from: Beefy
Look at mans posts? Mods have obviously done it and were sure he was black.

Just like Enzom.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #10308 on: April 14, 2019, 06:02:11 PM »
Lol, coon is a slur (used in this context), and is akin to white racists calling other white people race traitors or "ni**er lovers". FFS.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 06:07:25 PM by stufte »

BisMarckie

« Reply #10309 on: April 14, 2019, 06:04:22 PM »
Not all skinfolk are kinfolk.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #10310 on: April 14, 2019, 06:08:49 PM »
Not all skinfolk are kinfolk.

Not all kinfolk are skinfolk.

Fixed for enzom.

agrajag

« Reply #10311 on: April 14, 2019, 06:15:26 PM »
Brehs, they really can't even have a thread about Tiger Woods winning a tournament without getting it locked for racism and arguing :dead

no wonder women and minorities are fleeing in droves

agrajag

« Reply #10312 on: April 14, 2019, 06:16:00 PM »
except those fuckin white women, fuck those alt-right cunts

PogiJones

« Reply #10313 on: April 14, 2019, 06:33:25 PM »
TBH, B-Dubs doesn't get enough credit for how bad of a mod admin "mod captain" he is

clothedmacuser

« Reply #10315 on: April 14, 2019, 06:44:48 PM »
Coon is back on the menu boys.

sigh

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #10316 on: April 14, 2019, 06:45:11 PM »
"willing to subjugate themselves to white supremacy" = "you aren't being the right kind of black, and you're getting chummy with them whites".

Fuck off Royalan, hahahaha.

Propagandhim

« Reply #10317 on: April 14, 2019, 06:47:35 PM »
Yeah, but as it relates to the post, how is it fair to call Tiger Woods a coon?  That seems really fucking mean-spirited.  Like, forget about that whole essay on 'reclaimed language' and shit.   Why is it acceptable to call the man that?  It's a racial slur.

BisMarckie

« Reply #10318 on: April 14, 2019, 06:48:32 PM »
Saw a bunch of white race traitors in here cheering for Tiger Woods.  ::)

benita

« Reply #10319 on: April 14, 2019, 06:49:35 PM »
Nobody is "confused" you gaslighting prick.

:beli