Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3795434 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #10440 on: April 15, 2019, 02:13:29 PM »
User Banned (1 Day): Ignoring Staff Post

BURNZINGA!
©@©™

BisMarckie

« Reply #10441 on: April 15, 2019, 02:20:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fire-breaks-out-at-notre-dame-cathedral-developing-situation-update-major-structural-collapse-see-staff-post.111666/post-19867041
The only silver lining here is maybe this will stop people from using these “magic” trinkets to justify religious belief. Like imagine how much human progress has been slowed with nonsense like the Shroud of Turin wasting everyone’s time.

The cathedral itself holds architectural and historical value, but these “treasures” are a scourge.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10442 on: April 15, 2019, 02:26:58 PM »
If it was the NOA headquarters, they'd be cryin'.
"I guess Bowser got to work"  :smug
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #10444 on: April 15, 2019, 02:32:00 PM »

BisMarckie

« Reply #10445 on: April 15, 2019, 02:32:18 PM »
This is crushing!

We are going to Paris for 8 days in September and we were surely going to visit Notre Dame. Man. Life comes at you fast.

The real victim here. :fbm

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10446 on: April 15, 2019, 02:33:18 PM »
Its actually kind of amazing how hearing the news about the ongoing destruction of one of the worlds most famous architectural landmarks and heritage sites, one that its increasingly looking likely is going to be lost to the ages, era just cannot help themself being miserable, snide, shitty little arseholes

BisMarckie

« Reply #10447 on: April 15, 2019, 02:34:50 PM »
Probably because rebuilding a cute town square is not really equivalent to repairing a cathedral that's 856 years old. Also telling people to "cheer up" while watching said cathedral burn to the ground comes across as a bit dickish and unfeeling. Just saying.

I think rebuilding the whole town of Warsaw (that what this poster is referring to) required a tiny bit more work.  :doge

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10448 on: April 15, 2019, 02:36:55 PM »
The idea will be to build it exactly like it was i would think, with probably more modern infrastructure and materials, but the same architecture.
oh good. a copy.

i wonder what walter benjamin would say about this...

Shame we don't have a pretentious hipster shithead emote really.

BisMarckie

« Reply #10449 on: April 15, 2019, 02:38:09 PM »
The idea will be to build it exactly like it was i would think, with probably more modern infrastructure and materials, but the same architecture.
oh good. a copy.

:bobby

:ufup

BisMarckie

« Reply #10450 on: April 15, 2019, 02:39:08 PM »
Beaten by one second.  :(

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10452 on: April 15, 2019, 02:41:50 PM »

marrec

« Reply #10453 on: April 15, 2019, 02:43:00 PM »
oh good. a copy.

Do they think the entirety of the cathedral is the original 12th century material and structure and architecture or something?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #10454 on: April 15, 2019, 02:47:20 PM »

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #10455 on: April 15, 2019, 02:49:07 PM »
I like how jokes aren't allowed because "someone maybe got hurt" :lol

If it was Ninty's HQ burning down at night when no one is in they'd be selling kidneys and starting gofundmes.

Boredfrom

« Reply #10456 on: April 15, 2019, 02:51:31 PM »
oh good. a copy.

Do they think the entirety of the cathedral is the original 12th century material and structure and architecture or something?

Someone there posted a photo of the Cathedral being destroyed during WWII.

paprikastaude

« Reply #10457 on: April 15, 2019, 02:53:35 PM »
oh good. a copy.

It's old, so they probably think its origins have something to do with colonialism and tomorrow they'll celebrate its fall.

stufte

« Reply #10458 on: April 15, 2019, 02:54:37 PM »
oh good. a copy.

It's old, so they probably think its origins have something to do with colonialism and tomorrow they'll celebrate its fall.

there are already shitheads in that thread sarcastically commenting on the "sad loss for the patriarchy".

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #10459 on: April 15, 2019, 02:55:03 PM »
oh good. a copy.

What? No, barely anything happened to it.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #10460 on: April 15, 2019, 02:56:04 PM »
i camembert leave this would happen

BisMarckie

« Reply #10461 on: April 15, 2019, 02:58:02 PM »
oh good. a copy.

Notre Dame and the city center as a whole weren‘t top priority targets for the Germans. Allegedly there was an order to destroy the entire city before retreating, but Notre Dame wasn‘t heavily damaged in WWII.

Boredfrom

« Reply #10462 on: April 15, 2019, 02:59:38 PM »
oh good. a copy.

Seems to be WWI:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fire-breaks-out-at-notre-dame-cathedral-developing-situation-update-major-structural-collapse-see-staff-post.111666/page-16#post-19867965

Edit: Is another cathedral?  :P  Sorry

stufte

« Reply #10463 on: April 15, 2019, 03:03:06 PM »
oh good. a copy.

Seems to be WWI:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fire-breaks-out-at-notre-dame-cathedral-developing-situation-update-major-structural-collapse-see-staff-post.111666/page-16#post-19867965

That's Reims you goof.

BisMarckie

« Reply #10464 on: April 15, 2019, 03:04:40 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fire-breaks-out-at-notre-dame-cathedral-developing-situation-update-major-structural-collapse-see-staff-post.111666/post-19868704
I was there last July. :( I have pics on my phone. So beautiful, just devastating news.

Consider donating those pictures to Wikimedia Commons for historical preservation.

:neogaf

Boredfrom

« Reply #10465 on: April 15, 2019, 03:06:02 PM »
oh good. a copy.

Seems to be WWI:

That's Reims you goof.

Edited before you posted.  :bolo

stufte

« Reply #10466 on: April 15, 2019, 03:06:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fire-breaks-out-at-notre-dame-cathedral-developing-situation-update-major-structural-collapse-see-staff-post.111666/post-19868704
Consider donating those pictures to Wikimedia Commons for historical preservation.

:neogaf :neogaf

Probably one of the most photographed buildings in the world def needs some rando on REE to donate their rare photos of said building.  :lol

stufte

« Reply #10467 on: April 15, 2019, 03:11:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fire-breaks-out-at-notre-dame-cathedral-developing-situation-update-major-structural-collapse-see-staff-post.111666/page-20#post-19868908

The french won't rebuild it. They'll build a new, bold cathedral that will remain at its place for centuries to come.

After today, Notre Dame is effectively gone forever.

lol wat.  ::)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #10468 on: April 15, 2019, 03:11:41 PM »
Man it's a bummer but between the 24 hour news channels and reading the weird Era takes ("almost like 9/11 for me") I'm already burnt on this. Shit burns ( or alternatively get bombed, destroyed in earthquakes, etc...) all the time in human history. It's a shame for the lost works of art but we'll endure and rebuilt. That's what we do as a species.
ὕβρις

BisMarckie

« Reply #10469 on: April 15, 2019, 03:13:04 PM »
Breaks my heart that the beautiful round stained glass window is probably destroyed now. I haven't been there myself, but I fought a bad guy in front of it in AC: Unity and even then i thought it was cool, imagining how much better it must look IRL.

:expert

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #10470 on: April 15, 2019, 03:13:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fire-breaks-out-at-notre-dame-cathedral-developing-situation-update-major-structural-collapse-see-staff-post.111666/page-20#post-19868908

The french won't rebuild it. They'll build a new, bold cathedral that will remain at its place for centuries to come.

Imagine if in the place of it, they built one of them post-modern glass and steel "tribute buildings" with abstract shapes an shit.  :doge

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #10471 on: April 15, 2019, 03:13:05 PM »

BisMarckie

« Reply #10472 on: April 15, 2019, 03:14:29 PM »
Man it's a bummer but between the 24 hour news channels and reading the weird Era takes ("almost like 9/11 for me") I'm already burnt on this. Shit burns ( or alternatively get bombed, destroyed in earthquakes, etc...) all the time in human history. It's a shame for the lost works of art but we'll endure and rebuilt. That's what we do as a species.

That‘s my attitude as well, might be because both of the cities I consider my home towns have been almost completely destroyed in WWII.

stufte

« Reply #10473 on: April 15, 2019, 03:14:59 PM »

Imagine if in the place of it, they built one of them post-modern glass and steel "tribute buildings" with abstract shapes an shit.  :doge

Boredfrom

« Reply #10474 on: April 15, 2019, 03:16:06 PM »

Well, that is tasteless.

marrec

« Reply #10475 on: April 15, 2019, 03:17:13 PM »

Rousseau would rise from the dead to lay waste to all of humanity

BisMarckie

« Reply #10476 on: April 15, 2019, 03:19:28 PM »

Rousseau would rise from the dead to lay waste to all of humanity

TFW you want to appear smart and namedrop a Swiss philosopher :goty2

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #10477 on: April 15, 2019, 03:19:34 PM »
It's definitely on a smaller scale, but the feeling I have is somewhat reminiscent of the morning of 9/11 for me.

For the exact quote.
ὕβρις

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #10478 on: April 15, 2019, 03:20:10 PM »
:no1curr

:gopnik

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #10479 on: April 15, 2019, 03:22:16 PM »
It's definitely on a smaller scale, but the feeling I have is somewhat reminiscent of the morning of 9/11 for me.

For the exact quote.

So, like an 8.8/11?
©@©™

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #10480 on: April 15, 2019, 03:24:11 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-just-fought-off-the-urge-to-punch-a-complete-stranger-in-the-head.111682/

Quote from: UF_C, post: 19869201, member: 2155
I’ve never punched anyone and even gotten in a fight in my 40 years on this planet.  But here I am, eating in my favorite Indian joint where I see a guy and his family enjoying the delicious tandoori chicken.  As I walk by I see he’s wearing a shirt that says “Trump 2020, Make liberals cry again.”  It was at this point that had to tell myself not to lay hands on him.  I was actually considering the consequences!

I don’t know what came over me. Whatever it is, it’s not good.  Has anyone else had this reaction to a trump supporter IRL?

Let’s get back to the real stuff, laughing at these idiots.

stufte

« Reply #10481 on: April 15, 2019, 03:27:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-just-fought-off-the-urge-to-punch-a-complete-stranger-in-the-head.111682/

Quote from: UF_C, post: 19869201, member: 2155
I’ve never punched anyone and even gotten in a fight in my 40 years on this planet.  But here I am, eating in my favorite Indian joint where I see a guy and his family enjoying the delicious tandoori chicken.  As I walk by I see he’s wearing a shirt that says “Trump 2020, Make liberals cry again.”  It was at this point that had to tell myself not to lay hands on him.  I was actually considering the consequences!

I don’t know what came over me. Whatever it is, it’s not good.  Has anyone else had this reaction to a trump supporter IRL?

Let’s get back to the real stuff, laughing at these idiots.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-just-fought-off-the-urge-to-punch-a-complete-stranger-in-the-head.111682/post-19869344

Alright Liam Neeson

:dead :dead

Surprisingly reasonable and level headed responses so far, I'm actually impressed.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #10482 on: April 15, 2019, 03:30:58 PM »
Just wait, none of the usual provocateurs have arrived yet.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #10483 on: April 15, 2019, 03:33:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-just-fought-off-the-urge-to-punch-a-complete-stranger-in-the-head.111682/#post-19869480

Quote from: UF_C
I’m not even all that to the left. I’m pretty much a new Dem/blue dog

Awwww yea here we go!

:ufup

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #10484 on: April 15, 2019, 03:33:53 PM »
I saw a Republican today, stay safe. :shaking
©@©™

stufte

« Reply #10485 on: April 15, 2019, 03:35:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-just-fought-off-the-urge-to-punch-a-complete-stranger-in-the-head.111682/post-19869565

Kind of surprising to hear he was at an Indian restaurant.

They really do have a cartoon understanding of people they disagree with.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #10486 on: April 15, 2019, 03:39:02 PM »
Quote from: God_Of_Phwoar, post: 19869498, member: 44129
I'm pretty sure that someone in the kitchen would have seen his t shirt and added a little "special sauce"
:piss :piss2

Quote from: SpiritSlayer, post: 19869508, member: 16690
So he can claim self defense when he beats your ass? And what does this accomplish?

:crowdlaff

Quote from: muteKi, post: 19869546, member: 48897
I getcha. Saw a dude with a Confederate flag on at the grocery store right after election day 2016 and had about the same reaction.

It only gets you so far to try to pull off the visible leaves or branches from the deep-rooted weeds. They usually grow right back.

:derp

BisMarckie

« Reply #10487 on: April 15, 2019, 03:40:40 PM »
Me, to guy wearing MAGA shirt: Hey, nice shirt.
Guy wearing MAGA shirt: Thanks, man!
Me: Just kidding, you fucking idiot

That's how you handle it like an adult, OP

r/thathappened

BisMarckie

« Reply #10488 on: April 15, 2019, 03:46:13 PM »
Netherscourge said:
856 years old.

Built during the end of the late-Roman Empire.

Before North and South America were known to even exist.

When flat-earthers ruled the world and the sun revolved around the Earth.

Some good perspective on the importance of this site and what this building has witnessed over the years including the time of Napoleon and the French Revolution, as well as two world wars.

2/4 completely ahistorical takes.
Some good perspective. :sabu

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #10489 on: April 15, 2019, 03:51:25 PM »
having been inside Norte Dame a few times I can say it's a loss, but fucking hell I'm not about to throw some shitty game being set there into my cries.

"Man I loved the world trade centres, I flew my plane into them on plane simulator many times"

BisMarckie

« Reply #10490 on: April 15, 2019, 03:53:15 PM »
I think it’s time to address the elephant in the room.

Where was Pewdiepie when the fire broke out?  :gopnik

Ghoul

« Reply #10491 on: April 15, 2019, 03:54:28 PM »
I think it’s time to address the elephant in the room.

Where was Pewdiepie when the fire broke out?  :gopnik

Playing Amnesia

paprikastaude

« Reply #10492 on: April 15, 2019, 03:54:33 PM »
Netherscourge said:
856 years old.

Some good perspective on the importance of this site and what this building has witnessed over the years including the time of Napoleon and the French Revolution, as well as two world wars.

:confused The Roman Empire didn't exist until 900 years ago. Pretty sure the natives knew they existed. Flat-earthers most likely weren't an actual thing in the European middle ages.

Shuri

« Reply #10493 on: April 15, 2019, 03:55:32 PM »
Hopefully Disney will pay tribute to Notre-Dame in the next Kingdom Heart game, insuring the cathedral’s legacy for years  to come

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #10494 on: April 15, 2019, 03:58:34 PM »
Netherscourge said:
856 years old.

:confused The Roman Empire didn't exist until 900 years ago. Pretty sure the natives knew they existed. Flat-earthers most likely weren't an actual thing in the European middle ages.

Well the Eastern Roman Empire was still standing...
ὕβρις

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #10496 on: April 15, 2019, 04:04:27 PM »
Is Japan on the banned list yet?

Ghoul

« Reply #10497 on: April 15, 2019, 04:06:26 PM »
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1117868843446276096

Thanks Hillary, very cool.  :trumps

I would like to think France can recover quicker than a woman that still holds onto that one time she was the Democratic Nominee in 2016.

YiKeS

Ghoul

« Reply #10498 on: April 15, 2019, 04:06:49 PM »
I'm dumb as fuck. Please mods don't staff post me.

Boredfrom

« Reply #10499 on: April 15, 2019, 04:08:02 PM »
For one, I agree that examples would piss me off too.

In another hand:

Casual sexism and homophobia is basically the price you have to pay for showing any interest in Japanese media.

It's tiresome, but most people seem not to care (we still get daily posts gushing about Persona 5, which is downright hateful trash).

This is why I dont exactly care anymore about getting perpetually angry about casual homophobia and sexism in Japan.