Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3783864 times)

BisMarckie

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #10560 on: April 15, 2019, 09:07:02 PM »

I think trying to play everything and talk about it would make sense if you're trying to create content for a podcast or youtube video? A fucking forum where you only earn e-cred?

Look at this ignoramus not aware of NintendoERA‘s Nintendo podcast.  ::)

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #10561 on: April 15, 2019, 09:10:24 PM »

I think trying to play everything and talk about it would make sense if you're trying to create content for a podcast or youtube video? A fucking forum where you only earn e-cred?

Sorry, I only listen to the best of Nintendo centric podcasts.  ;)

paprikastaude

« Reply #10562 on: April 15, 2019, 09:17:17 PM »

:jeanluc
I posted this on here originally and even I already blocked that monstrosity out of my memory.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #10563 on: April 15, 2019, 09:27:52 PM »
Just remembered that Varg Vikernes has been living in France these last few years.

Oi Oi

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #10564 on: April 15, 2019, 09:28:31 PM »
AM I doing top page Yuka right? found a few with dicks in thought i'd spare you.

:gurl :tocry

agrajag

« Reply #10565 on: April 15, 2019, 09:29:28 PM »
Maybe Pogi can rate the cast of the Era Nintendo podcast for us

thisismyusername

« Reply #10566 on: April 15, 2019, 09:30:28 PM »
Maybe Pogi can rate the cast of the Era Nintendo podcast for us

And maybe post it on GAF 2.0 like Momo did GAF 1.0. :doge

Boredfrom

« Reply #10567 on: April 15, 2019, 09:33:19 PM »
Quote from: Nephente
That's how I got through making my animated short. It's how I got through collaborating on others' shorts. It's how I was able to let Weta Digital tell my tiny team what was and wasn't working on our creature design. I imagine for game design, specifically in an era where even the "final product" can still be subject to change and iteration through DLC, nerfs, buffs, events and whatever else, that designers must exercise a further distance from the so-called sacredness of their ideas just to function and love the process of their craft.

So imagine the cultural whiplash I experience everytime I read any gaming forum where people insist "ideas" are actually the most important thing worth upholding. That they are above criticism and demand from the audience. That the vision must be upheld and that any calls for change amount to censorship.

Gamers treat artists as this special class of folks that are under attack.

It's honestly creepy, and infantalizing to me. I'm an adult; I can handle the thought of someone telling me my work is problematic on some level. Because I want to know these things! I want to know the weak links and blind spots! How else can I get better?

Dude... Assholes bitching about video games not having easy mode to developers is not the same as getting a thoughtful criticism from some famous group of artists actually working in your field. I hope you told them you enjoy seeing old ladies getting beaten in a bus for being racist.

BisMarckie

« Reply #10568 on: April 15, 2019, 09:37:34 PM »
Nepenthe draws Sonic fanart and is a furry. I don‘t think she needs to say anything.  :doge

Boredfrom

« Reply #10569 on: April 15, 2019, 09:41:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/artist-shines-light-on-racist-art-schools.111653/

Always a sign of a good thread when you need to bump it and ask friends on discord to bump it out.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #10570 on: April 15, 2019, 09:47:19 PM »
I missed this one.

Quote from: RedMercury
It doesn't have to be that way! You dislike Tiger? Cool. You're happy he won? Cool. I'm just saying like everybody doesn't have to be at each other's throats about it, ya know?

https://resetera.com//threads/tiger-woods-authors-one-of-the-greatest-sports-stories-of-all-time-wins-5th-green-jacket-15th-major.111499/post-19840814

:snoop

maybe he has some new form of Dissociative identity disorder and doesn't realize what a complete school marm his other half is.
sigh

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10571 on: April 15, 2019, 09:48:45 PM »
When you’re consuming the Big Mac equivalents of media, who needs art?
©@©™

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #10572 on: April 15, 2019, 09:56:22 PM »
this is a nothingburger of an award really

hell, the adultery is only even a big deal to the media because this black looking dude cheated on his thin 'white standard of beauty' looking wife with a bindr full of other thin 'white standard of beauty' looking women

yeah, literally no white celebrity has ever been covered in the media for cheating

Hell, one was the president!

But Obama was also black when he had sex with gay coke hookers. ???

Links! :rage

And please god let there be pictures, I want to see some bbc :mouf

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #10573 on: April 15, 2019, 10:06:41 PM »
https://twitter.com/GregWiggleton/status/1117045284087922690

Good to know this dude is still unhinged as fuck

BisMarckie

« Reply #10574 on: April 15, 2019, 10:13:25 PM »
Why on earth would you follow Yoshichan on twitter?  :mindblown

The dude who tweeted about it did so 5 times. Imagine spending so much time and energy. :goldberg

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #10575 on: April 15, 2019, 10:22:17 PM »
People in replies acting surprised like it's their 1st time seeing him act crazy  :lol

PogiJones

« Reply #10576 on: April 15, 2019, 10:27:37 PM »
TIMU should make a table ranking RE members' Twitter alter egos.

thisismyusername

« Reply #10577 on: April 15, 2019, 10:29:35 PM »
TIMU should make a table ranking RE members' Twitter alter egos.

That's not my job, bb. That's yours. I don't follow terrible posters around.

agrajag

« Reply #10578 on: April 15, 2019, 10:34:29 PM »
TIMU, you catch more bees with honey than with vinegar

thisismyusername

« Reply #10579 on: April 15, 2019, 10:40:47 PM »

Just like I got Rah to admit he was an incel, I'll get Pogi to admit he has a love for a terrible board that needs to die.

agrajag

« Reply #10580 on: April 15, 2019, 10:43:11 PM »
I meant getting into Pogi's pants. Or him getting into yours. Whichever it is you prefer.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #10581 on: April 15, 2019, 10:51:32 PM »
I meant getting into Pogi's pants. Or him getting into yours. Whichever it is you prefer.

Why both both?  Vers :rejoice

clothedmacuser

sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #10583 on: April 15, 2019, 10:52:32 PM »
LOL, Crossing Eden close reading Star Wars 8 like it's James Joyce.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-did-people-really-not-pay-attention-to-the-last-jedi-aka-tlj-discussion-on-era-sucks.111189/post-19872839

There are more posts like that.

Oh god double post, I'm so sorry please forgive me.
sigh

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #10584 on: April 15, 2019, 10:53:17 PM »
Why is there still like 3 new threads on reee today about how Sekiro needs a baby mode or else you're a disabled-people hating nazi? These people sure are shook by the fact that they suck at a game like those videogame bloggers.
They literally just spaz out together over the New HotnessTM and rush to beat games so they can just talk about them all day on the boards. IIRC there's been a few FOMO threads where people just admit to having a problem re:buying random popular games to talk about them. It's an even worse problem on Era than it was on GAF.

I imagine journos are making a big stink about it because they want to rush through for reviews and like it when games pat them on the back for putting in nothing. I don't think it's a coincidence games like dmc had color-coded enemies, easy SSS, basic platforming etc. and almost ubiquitously act offended at how the game was received.

It's less about enjoying your free time playing through something and more about vegetating in hype threads.
since gaf died now i no longer give a fuck about this lmao. i will admit i used to do this though but now I dont give a fuck

playing games you actually want to play :rejoice

gonna get seikiro on sale :rejoice

not buying shit you don't care about so you can talk to morons who can't wipe their ass properly :rejoice

BisMarckie

« Reply #10585 on: April 15, 2019, 10:56:10 PM »
I mean Star Wars can be an entertaining popcorn flick, but that people pretend that it has a deep and subtle story crack me up.

agrajag

« Reply #10586 on: April 15, 2019, 10:57:25 PM »
I mean Star Wars can be an entertaining popcorn flick, but that people pretend that it has a deep and subtle story crack me up.

listen kiddo, do not talk about George Lucas's Lucas Film properties as if they are some light Disney romp.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #10587 on: April 15, 2019, 11:01:43 PM »
Deep analysis of Star Wars is how you get  hour-long “Jar Jar is Snoke PROOF 👀” videos on YouTube.
©@©™

PogiJones

« Reply #10588 on: April 15, 2019, 11:02:45 PM »
TIMU:

PogiJones

« Reply #10589 on: April 15, 2019, 11:04:54 PM »
LOL, Crossing Eden close reading Star Wars 8 like it's James Joyce.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-did-people-really-not-pay-attention-to-the-last-jedi-aka-tlj-discussion-on-era-sucks.111189/post-19872839

There are more posts like that.

Oh god double post, I'm so sorry please forgive me.

Apologizing for a double post on a board with benji  :girlaff

jorma

« Reply #10590 on: April 16, 2019, 12:14:12 AM »
https://twitter.com/GregWiggleton/status/1117045284087922690

Good to know this dude is still unhinged as fuck

I never heard of GregWiggleton but god what a little snitch-bitch he seems to be.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #10591 on: April 16, 2019, 12:36:59 AM »
Mayor Pete is real fucking good at connecting with whoever he talks to. Def reminds me of Obama in that way.

I've heard Beto speak in person and felt the same way. No politician has connected with me like that since Obama did in '08.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #10593 on: April 16, 2019, 01:07:58 AM »
Just remembered that Varg Vikernes has been living in France these last few years.

(Image removed from quote.)
LoL.
iunderstoodthatreference.gif
Spud

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10594 on: April 16, 2019, 01:24:07 AM »

Just like I got Rah to admit he was an incel, I'll get Pogi to admit he has a love for a terrible board that needs to die.

That never happen.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #10595 on: April 16, 2019, 01:53:45 AM »
Holy crap, my boy is a sweetheart that keeps bringing me snacks, but he's still learning what works.

He just came in and gave me a bowl of eggs with bananas and Splenda.

(Image removed from quote.)

It doesn’t count if you have a gun to their head :ufup
Margs

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #10596 on: April 16, 2019, 02:25:41 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lets-talk-about-the-mostly-false-idea-of-purity-tests.111689/

Should be one to watch. RedMerc continues to advocate in favor of "mob justice"

I feel like what some people may think of as a "purity test", what it really is a lot of the time is a matter of accountability. For a long time, for most of the history of this country including the present day, it has been hard to hold people accountable for their actions or words. With the rise of the internet and social media, we are now more easily able to discuss both among ourselves and directly to the people in power or public figures when something is happening that is harmful. Generally, I believe that is a good thing and is one step to helping us progress as a society, and sometimes I feel like the backlash to "purity tests" are from people who are afraid of that, due to the likelihood of them being on the "wrong end" of the "mob".
I think it only works on the left because we actually care about not being shitty haha

nudemacusers

« Reply #10597 on: April 16, 2019, 03:02:57 AM »
My boy red still on his mod nomination campaign efforts.  :american

Hopefully it ends better than the amirox mod re-election run-up of 2017
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #10598 on: April 16, 2019, 03:50:35 AM »
If someone really wanted to tear REE apart, then suggest that mods should be voted on. It's really what a "progressive online community" should be aiming for ultimately, rather than resembling a fascist dictatorship.

Could you imagine the carnage as factions develop and the incumbents get voted out by the proletariat?
Spud

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #10599 on: April 16, 2019, 04:26:53 AM »
Yoshichan does not act crazy.

He is crazy.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

BisMarckie

« Reply #10600 on: April 16, 2019, 04:56:58 AM »
Quote from: redmercury
This is probably a dumb question, but was there no sprinkler system in there? I understand they wanted to keep it as original as possible, and that the fire likely started where there may not have been one anyways, and that of course there are areas with artwork they wouldn't want to get soaked, but it could have maybe helped a bit?

:gurl

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #10601 on: April 16, 2019, 04:59:02 AM »
Imagine if Tiger Woods fucked Melania Trump on the Resolute desk while Trump got peed on Julian Assange and the cat watched.

Wait it didn't happen ? I am so tired. Fuck this country.
ὕβρις

BisMarckie

« Reply #10603 on: April 16, 2019, 05:21:12 AM »
It really bothered me when in response to the mention of Assassin's Creed Unity concerning Notre Dame, a few people criticized mentioning it as in bad taste or mocked it for inclusion in discussing it's memory. Im not too sure why the video game is supposed to be devalued vs photos, or videos of Notre Dame simply since it's a game, and therefore isn't worthy of conveying a bit of Notre Dame's glory apparently despite Ubisoft's wish to try and emulate the sheer scale of it to a new audience.

Like, are there takes about how only physical visitors to Notre Dame can mourn and appreciate its loss vs those who have only seen and heard of it through photos and stories? No, so why single out video games as unworthy then?

It's particularly annoying as VR expands and lowers it's cost barrier, we will have new ways of transporting people to sights and places they might never see in their lifetime, and Notre Dame would make a amazing VR experience, a way to bring people closer to history, but Unity gets mocked for exposing new audiences to Revolutionary France.

:expert

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #10604 on: April 16, 2019, 06:11:53 AM »
sstttoppp triggering me, I find it hard to leave the house and travel, so I use games to see the world.  :rethread

What a pathetic life some people lead, yet they're cry all day in a mental illness thread and not do fuck all and are shocked their life deteriorates instead of getting any better.

I would love to ban some users on the forum purely to see the utter meltdown they would have and how many emails they'd send the contact us email begging for it to be taken back.

Bananas

« Reply #10605 on: April 16, 2019, 06:16:45 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/notre-dame-on-fire.1476814/

This goes exactly how you'd expect from current gaf.

BisMarckie

« Reply #10606 on: April 16, 2019, 06:48:33 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/im-an-idiot-but-sonys-refund-policy-is-still-shit.111761/

iit's only £50, OP............calm down.

Jimmies were rustled :teehee

BisMarckie

« Reply #10607 on: April 16, 2019, 06:49:12 AM »
sstttoppp triggering me, I find it hard to leave the house and travel, so I use games to see the world.  :rethread

What a pathetic life some people lead, yet they're cry all day in a mental illness thread and not do fuck all and are shocked their life deteriorates instead of getting any better.

I would love to ban some users on the forum purely to see the utter meltdown they would have and how many emails they'd send the contact us email begging for it to be taken back.

:badass

Ghoul

« Reply #10608 on: April 16, 2019, 06:51:32 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/im-an-idiot-but-sonys-refund-policy-is-still-shit.111761/

iit's only £50, OP............calm down.

Jimmies were rustled :teehee

I mean £50 is a lot under the new welfare scheme the government has put in place.

I can imagine him getting his money through and feverishly rushing through and claiming the code.

BTW who TF uses code cards still?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #10609 on: April 16, 2019, 06:57:55 AM »
ghoul sucks

Bore mods <3

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #10610 on: April 16, 2019, 07:16:58 AM »
I still love the fawning over beto on era.

He's the perfect example of wanting.

He's trying to pull the obama rise of fame, with none of the struggle, none of the challenges. era at its epitome.

He sounds pissed, especially when he gets to immigration at the 23:50 mark.

They're eating up betos crocodile tears, and his college bro voice.

:lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

BisMarckie

« Reply #10612 on: April 16, 2019, 07:45:26 AM »

Not. Even. Subtle.​

:confused

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #10613 on: April 16, 2019, 07:48:38 AM »

Bulbasaur.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10614 on: April 16, 2019, 08:09:36 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-everything-that-luke-han-and-leia-did-on-ep-6-is-pointless-big-spoiler.111751/

Quote from: HMS_Pinafore, post: 19884552, member: 3011
Just because you beat the big bad, doesn't mean they're gone for good.

Like the Nazis lost in WWII, and now they're back, as powerful as ever.

:reeeee

(He edited the bold part out after several posts quoted it, lol)
ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #10615 on: April 16, 2019, 08:18:12 AM »

Ghoul

« Reply #10617 on: April 16, 2019, 08:22:17 AM »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #10618 on: April 16, 2019, 08:56:03 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/using-ac-unity-to-restore-the-notre-dame-after-severe-fire-damage.111780/

:era

A new report from GPS World, has now suggested that detailed 3D maps such as the one in Assassin’s Creed: Unity will play a role in the restoring of Notre Dame to its former glory.

Know what I know about the scans for the cathedral, it's kinda endearing to think that reeers think the game has exclusive data maps of that sinful place.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #10619 on: April 16, 2019, 08:58:29 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-everything-that-luke-han-and-leia-did-on-ep-6-is-pointless-big-spoiler.111751/

Quote from: HMS_Pinafore, post: 19884552, member: 3011
Just because you beat the big bad, doesn't mean they're gone for good.

Like the Nazis lost in WWII, and now they're back, as powerful as ever.

:reeeee

(He edited the bold part out after several posts quoted it, lol)

I would have went with "And now they're back, in pog form!" and raked in the likes.
©@©™