Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3796040 times)

BisMarckie

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #10500 on: April 15, 2019, 04:08:18 PM »
I don‘t care what anybody says, Byzantine 👏 was 👏 not 👏 Rome. :hmph

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #10501 on: April 15, 2019, 04:10:05 PM »
Catherine is a fun ass game. If you're gonna hate because it's transphobic go play tetris and fuck off.

Boredfrom

« Reply #10502 on: April 15, 2019, 04:12:21 PM »
Might be a controversial stance, but I really appreciate it when localizers have the opportunity to tone down specific homophobic elements to something more culturally sensitive.

nothing controversial about that. that's literally what localization is.

Controversial to shitlords, I should have specified

:dayum

Thats why nobody wants to discuss niche japanese games in RE anymore, you fucks.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #10503 on: April 15, 2019, 04:14:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lets-talk-about-the-mostly-false-idea-of-purity-tests.111689/

Should be one to watch. RedMerc continues to advocate in favor of "mob justice"

I feel like what some people may think of as a "purity test", what it really is a lot of the time is a matter of accountability. For a long time, for most of the history of this country including the present day, it has been hard to hold people accountable for their actions or words. With the rise of the internet and social media, we are now more easily able to discuss both among ourselves and directly to the people in power or public figures when something is happening that is harmful. Generally, I believe that is a good thing and is one step to helping us progress as a society, and sometimes I feel like the backlash to "purity tests" are from people who are afraid of that, due to the likelihood of them being on the "wrong end" of the "mob".

Boredfrom

« Reply #10504 on: April 15, 2019, 04:17:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lets-talk-about-the-mostly-false-idea-of-purity-tests.111689/

I feel like what some people may think of as a "purity test", what it really is a lot of the time is a matter of accountability. For a long time, for most of the history of this country including the present day, it has been hard to hold people accountable for their actions or words. With the rise of the internet and social media, we are now more easily able to discuss both among ourselves and directly to the people in power or public figures when something is happening that is harmful. Generally, I believe that is a good thing and is one step to helping us progress as a society, and sometimes I feel like the backlash to "purity tests" are from people who are afraid of that, due to the likelihood of them being on the "wrong end" of the "mob".

Purity tests are only a pejorative if they're being used against a politician you like or prefer.

I don't think they're a bad thing.

:rollsafe

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #10505 on: April 15, 2019, 04:31:42 PM »

Purity tests are only a pejorative if they're being used against a politician you like or prefer.

I don't think they're a bad thing.

:rollsafe

"Everything bad about our ideology is actually good!"

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10506 on: April 15, 2019, 04:35:46 PM »
Man it's a bummer but between the 24 hour news channels and reading the weird Era takes ("almost like 9/11 for me") I'm already burnt on this. Shit burns ( or alternatively get bombed, destroyed in earthquakes, etc...) all the time in human history. It's a shame for the lost works of art but we'll endure and rebuilt. That's what we do as a species.

somebody burnt something :trumps

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10507 on: April 15, 2019, 04:37:22 PM »
Me, to guy wearing MAGA shirt: Hey, nice shirt.
Guy wearing MAGA shirt: Thanks, man!
Me: Just kidding, you fucking idiot

That's how you handle it like an adult, OP

Me, quoting that post: Hey, good post.
Guy attaching his username to that post on a public forum: Thanks, man!
Me: Just kidding, you fucking idiot

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #10508 on: April 15, 2019, 04:38:34 PM »
french diesel doesn't melt steel beams

:hans1

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10509 on: April 15, 2019, 04:45:16 PM »

RedMercury, an intellectual;
"Let's have a topic about 'purity tests', but first let me apply some arbitrary criteria so that the thing you are thinking of doesn't count"

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10510 on: April 15, 2019, 04:56:37 PM »
I genuinely back and forth between RedMercury being a total fucking moron or a highly sophisticated and elaborate troll

a topic In Defence Of The Scarlet Letter Twitter Mob is so fucking tangentially related to the concept of purity tests as to beg the question, breh, what the fuck are you talking about?

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #10511 on: April 15, 2019, 04:56:43 PM »
that helio / red merc back and forth seems rather sus.

I'm not saying someone's about to be found out for using an alt and talking to theyselves but

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #10512 on: April 15, 2019, 05:00:20 PM »
Catherine is a fun ass game. If you're gonna hate because it's transphobic go play tetris and fuck off.

I'd rather play Q*bert you bigot.
sigh

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #10513 on: April 15, 2019, 05:01:05 PM »
This thread is not supposed to be a battleground between factions of the community. If you want to have an extended conversation about something that relates to the 2020 Democratic Primary, that's fine. But the continued swatting back and forth needs to end now. Get back on topic

factions

:neogaf

Drainage

« Reply #10514 on: April 15, 2019, 05:03:08 PM »
Man it's a bummer but between the 24 hour news channels and reading the weird Era takes ("almost like 9/11 for me") I'm already burnt on this. Shit burns ( or alternatively get bombed, destroyed in earthquakes, etc...) all the time in human history. It's a shame for the lost works of art but we'll endure and rebuilt. That's what we do as a species.

Stop dismissing concerns and find the misery in this you able-minded asshole

Ghoul

« Reply #10515 on: April 15, 2019, 05:03:47 PM »

I'd rather play Q*bert you bigot.

Oh so you're into ones that give you a good suck?

Watching the Gayle King interview with R Kelly, it' s a fucking mess.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #10516 on: April 15, 2019, 05:07:23 PM »
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1117868843446276096

Thanks Hillary, very cool.  :trumps

I would like to think France can recover quicker than a woman that still holds onto that one time she was the Democratic Nominee in 2016.

YiKeS

Ghoul

« Reply #10517 on: April 15, 2019, 05:09:23 PM »

I would like to think France can recover quicker than a woman that still holds onto that one time she was the Democratic Nominee in 2016.

YiKeS
(Image removed from quote.)

a mouth like that and bill still strayed like a dog.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10518 on: April 15, 2019, 05:13:44 PM »

Doesn't work out with 2 tops :trumps

Ghoul

« Reply #10519 on: April 15, 2019, 05:16:12 PM »

Doesn't work out with 2 tops :trumps

I mean Alex Jones did talk about eating kids, I guess they only ate the rump.

:nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]

AM I doing top page Yuka right? found a few with dicks in thought i'd spare you.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 05:21:13 PM by Ghoul »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10520 on: April 15, 2019, 05:17:15 PM »
Guillermo Del Toro is overrated as fuck and I don't really like most of his movies. There, I said it.

:donot

e:

jorma

« Reply #10521 on: April 15, 2019, 05:25:37 PM »

YiKeS

Hillary: Bill, i'd like us to go over our strategic roadmap to me becoming the first female president again tonight
Monica: Bill, i'd like you to fuck me with a cigar and then i'm going to watch you smoke it while i masturbate you big boss
Bill:  :success
Ghoul:  :birb

Ghoul

« Reply #10522 on: April 15, 2019, 05:27:36 PM »
Kojima that son of a bitch already knew "diamond dogs"

Likes are like mass reporting here I see. But we're reporting good posts seems weird.

:heyman :itagaki

Light mode though really makes you think.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 05:34:22 PM by Ghoul »

PogiJones

« Reply #10523 on: April 15, 2019, 05:42:05 PM »

No, you moron, what people think of as a "purity test" is the inability of twats like you to look beyond your nose and realize what you think is right and what someone else thinks is right may differ, and you have to get along anyway to accomplish a goal. What people think of as a "purity test" is your obsession with nitpicking any deviation from the orthodoxy and blowing it up as some evil transgression. What people think of as a "purity test" is your complete disinterest in forgiveness for anything, and your disgusting desire to punish the infidels and ruin their lives, just to scare anyone else who may dare stick a toe out of the circle back into compliance.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10524 on: April 15, 2019, 05:45:45 PM »
Kojima that son of a bitch already knew "diamond dogs"

Likes are like mass reporting here I see. But we're reporting good posts seems weird.

:heyman :itagaki

Light mode though really makes you think.
That poorly cut out avatar of Donald Trump will haunt Hillary for the rest of her days.

Also Clinton fans are like Sonic fans. Except Sonic fans have dignity.
🤴

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #10525 on: April 15, 2019, 05:46:21 PM »
No, you moron, what people think of as a "purity test" is the inability of twats like you to look beyond your nose and realize what you think is right and what someone else thinks is right may differ, and you have to get along anyway to accomplish a goal. What people think of as a "purity test" is your obsession with nitpicking any deviation from the orthodoxy and blowing it up as some evil transgression. What people think of as a "purity test" is your complete disinterest in forgiveness for anything, and your disgusting desire to punish the infidels and ruin their lives, just to scare anyone else who may dare stick a toe out of the circle back into compliance.

sigh

PogiJones

« Reply #10526 on: April 15, 2019, 05:49:57 PM »
RedMercury, but if Nachobro gets caught in the crossfire  :trumps

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #10527 on: April 15, 2019, 05:50:58 PM »
What's our purity test here on the bire?
每天生气

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10528 on: April 15, 2019, 05:50:59 PM »

"Don't kill yourself man, you have so much to live for. Oh, it turns out you might be a racist. Go fucking Become An Hero"

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10529 on: April 15, 2019, 05:51:41 PM »

Yum Brands Affinity

« Reply #10530 on: April 15, 2019, 05:52:54 PM »

BisMarckie

« Reply #10531 on: April 15, 2019, 05:55:09 PM »

filler likes.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #10532 on: April 15, 2019, 05:59:29 PM »

See, this is the kind of post against a "prominent member" that would make a great account suicide. Go post it at REEEE you coward!
Spud

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #10533 on: April 15, 2019, 06:08:44 PM »
He can’t account suicide, he’s got diplomatic immunity while inside thebore embassy.

PogiJones

« Reply #10534 on: April 15, 2019, 06:09:29 PM »
I've had it up to here with people liking my posts but not Liking my posts

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10535 on: April 15, 2019, 06:10:59 PM »
Posters not banned from REE will never achieve more than garbage poster status though.  :idont
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #10536 on: April 15, 2019, 06:11:46 PM »

Do you consider Bowsette furry or scaley.

BisMarckie

« Reply #10537 on: April 15, 2019, 06:14:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fire-breaks-out-at-notre-dame-cathedral-developing-situation-update-major-structural-collapse-see-staff-post.111666/post-19873374
The correspondent for one of our national news teams (aus), said that it's well know that the church in rome and paris don't like each other.
But, that the Vatican has tweeted out it's prayers for notre dame.

Anyone hear of this beef, and know what it's about?

Finally getting to the bottom of this.

Look at this idiot who has never heard of: Roma locuta, causa finita.
I am so smart. :smug

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #10538 on: April 15, 2019, 06:17:25 PM »
I've had it up to here with people liking my posts but not Liking my posts

Maybe you should post that mod ranking on GAF 2.0. Maybe you'll get likes there. :doge

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10539 on: April 15, 2019, 06:20:08 PM »

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #10540 on: April 15, 2019, 06:51:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fire-breaks-out-at-notre-dame-cathedral-developing-situation-update-major-structural-collapse-see-staff-post.111666/post-19873374
The correspondent for one of our national news teams (aus), said that it's well know that the church in rome and paris don't like each other.
But, that the Vatican has tweeted out it's prayers for notre dame.

Anyone hear of this beef, and know what it's about?

Finally getting to the bottom of this.

Look at this idiot who has never heard of: Roma locuta, causa finita.
I am so smart. :smug

Regular Dan Brown over there.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #10541 on: April 15, 2019, 06:54:09 PM »
:neogaf @ REEE allowing people to use racial slurs in anger as long as the right person is using the slur

Beefy about a group that calls themselves "Blacks at Xbox"

Don't be calling black people blacks. That shit wouldn't fly around here

And? Doesn't matter if they are fine with it, i don't like being called blacks. There are black dudes that don't mind white people saying distinguished black fellow, there are black people fine with Trump. Not all black people think the same.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/blacks-at-xbox-incredibly-tone-deaf-update-xbox-communication-manager-explains.107096/post-19139454

Beefy about calling people "Coon"

Coon said by a black dude about a black dude aint racist, it has a different meaning. But for me Tiger is just a dickhead, he aint Kanye.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tiger-woods-authors-one-of-the-greatest-sports-stories-of-all-time-wins-5th-green-jacket-15th-major.111499/post-19842960

:thinking

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #10542 on: April 15, 2019, 07:04:27 PM »
Also the real tragedy is that Notre Dame now wont be able to see Avengers: Endgame™

PogiJones

« Reply #10543 on: April 15, 2019, 07:16:16 PM »

Posters not banned from REE will never achieve more than garbage poster status though.  :idont

PogiJones

« Reply #10544 on: April 15, 2019, 07:21:59 PM »
:neogaf @ REEE allowing people to use racial slurs in anger as long as the right person is using the slur

Beefy about a group that calls themselves "Blacks at Xbox"

Don't be calling black people blacks. That shit wouldn't fly around here

And? Doesn't matter if they are fine with it, i don't like being called blacks. There are black dudes that don't mind white people saying distinguished black fellow, there are black people fine with Trump. Not all black people think the same.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/blacks-at-xbox-incredibly-tone-deaf-update-xbox-communication-manager-explains.107096/post-19139454

Beefy about calling people "Coon"

Coon said by a black dude about a black dude aint racist, it has a different meaning. But for me Tiger is just a dickhead, he aint Kanye.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tiger-woods-authors-one-of-the-greatest-sports-stories-of-all-time-wins-5th-green-jacket-15th-major.111499/post-19842960

:thinking

It's because while most dictionaries define racism as racial prejudice or racial discrimination, people like Beefy define it as "Something with an element of race that I don't like." He doesn't like the name Blacks at Xbox, so it's racist. He doesn't mind people he doesn't like being called slurs by black people, so it's not racist.

BisMarckie

« Reply #10545 on: April 15, 2019, 07:23:03 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tiger-woods-to-be-awarded-the-presidential-medal-of-freedom-by-president-trump.111708/

Self-policing round 2. Electric boogaloo.

Imagine if Tiger publicly passed and went to hang out with Obama instead.

Now with fanfiction!

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10546 on: April 15, 2019, 07:30:59 PM »
Imagine if Tiger Woods fucked Melania Trump on the Resolute desk while Trump got peed on Julian Assange and the cat watched.
©@©™

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10547 on: April 15, 2019, 07:32:57 PM »
It's because while most dictionaries define racism as racial prejudice or racial discrimination, people like Beefy define it as "Something with an element of race that I don't like." He doesn't like the name Blacks at Xbox, so it's racist. He doesn't mind people he doesn't like being called slurs by black people, so it's not racist.

Dipshit racist users are less problematic than dipshit racist mods telling other mods to stay in their lane and that - effectively - calling people race traitors is somehow acceptable

PogiJones

« Reply #10548 on: April 15, 2019, 07:42:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tiger-woods-to-be-awarded-the-presidential-medal-of-freedom-by-president-trump.111708/post-19874667

Yeah, nothing says choice dilemma like "because of his incredible Success & Comeback in Sports (Golf) and, more importantly, LIFE, I will be presenting him with the PRESIDENTIAL MEDAL OF FREEDOM!"

Good meme, you're really reading between the lines there.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #10549 on: April 15, 2019, 07:43:18 PM »
I saw a Republican today, stay safe. :shaking

I drove past the local government building today where a crowd of (old white) protesters waving signs saying "Build the wall!" "Trump 2020" and "Socialism is evil!" and tbh was wishing I had tomatoes or rotten eggs or something to throw at them :P
^_^

Snoopycat_

« Reply #10550 on: April 15, 2019, 08:06:41 PM »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #10551 on: April 15, 2019, 08:07:14 PM »
Imagine if Tiger Woods fucked Melania Trump on the Resolute desk while Trump got peed on Julian Assange and the cat watched.

:donot

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10552 on: April 15, 2019, 08:10:34 PM »
this is a nothingburger of an award really

hell, the adultery is only even a big deal to the media because this black looking dude cheated on his thin 'white standard of beauty' looking wife with a bindr full of other thin 'white standard of beauty' looking women

yeah, literally no white celebrity has ever been covered in the media for cheating

stufte

« Reply #10553 on: April 15, 2019, 08:28:45 PM »

hell, the adultery is only even a big deal to the media because this black looking dude cheated on his thin 'white standard of beauty' looking wife with a bindr full of other thin 'white standard of beauty' looking women

yeah, literally no white celebrity has ever been covered in the media for cheating

Cognitive Dissonance is a helluva drug.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10554 on: April 15, 2019, 08:44:57 PM »

Hell, one was the president!

But Obama was also black when he had sex with gay coke hookers. ???
©@©™

paprikastaude

« Reply #10555 on: April 15, 2019, 08:48:56 PM »
Why is there still like 3 new threads (including an essay from a mod) on reee today about how Sekiro needs a baby mode or else you're a disabled-people hating nazi? These people sure are shook by the fact that they suck at a game like those videogame bloggers.

PogiJones

« Reply #10556 on: April 15, 2019, 08:53:40 PM »
Holy crap, my boy is a sweetheart that keeps bringing me snacks, but he's still learning what works.

He just came in and gave me a bowl of eggs with bananas and Splenda.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #10557 on: April 15, 2019, 09:01:41 PM »
Why is there still like 3 new threads (including an essay from a mod) on reee today about how Sekiro needs a baby mode or else you're a disabled-people hating nazi? These people sure are shook by the fact that they suck at a game like those videogame bloggers.

whoa what?
◕‿◕

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #10558 on: April 15, 2019, 09:04:21 PM »
Why is there still like 3 new threads on reee today about how Sekiro needs a baby mode or else you're a disabled-people hating nazi? These people sure are shook by the fact that they suck at a game like those videogame bloggers.
They literally just spaz out together over the New HotnessTM and rush to beat games so they can just talk about them all day on the boards. IIRC there's been a few FOMO threads where people just admit to having a problem re:buying random popular games to talk about them. It's an even worse problem on Era than it was on GAF.

It's less about enjoying your free time playing through something and more about vegetating in hype threads.

I think trying to play everything and talk about it would make sense if you're trying to create content for a podcast or youtube video. A fucking forum where you only earn e-cred?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 09:09:19 PM by Tripon »

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #10559 on: April 15, 2019, 09:04:59 PM »
I'm just surprised there hasn't been a "Reset, we need to discuss the problem with Sekiro and the lack of black/latino trans representation." Thread...yet.
que