Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3751830 times)

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #10740 on: April 16, 2019, 09:39:05 PM »
If you're on the other team on Reset you are subhuman.

This goes across politics, Disney Media Franchises, videogame franchises, consumer electronics, yum brands affordable and nutrious restaurants, whatever

skullstorm

« Reply #10741 on: April 16, 2019, 09:40:29 PM »
lol, i would normally never bother posting on that forum, hence my low post count despite being a member since 2017, but i'm off sick and was just starting to enjoy it  :lol  :'(

Yea they noticed that too  :ufup

Defense force for everything never fails

Edit: Oh it's an account from 2017 with under 30 total posts. Nice

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nazi
[close]

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #10742 on: April 16, 2019, 09:43:34 PM »
Death threats aren't cool. They never will be cool.

But, one might say that you reap what you sow. What's been sown is an unreasonably mean-spirited way of expressing your dislike of something; what's been reaped is an unreasonably mean-spirited response.

yo, calling someone undateable is is unreasonably mean, and on par with joking about assaulting women. have you guys ever seen Frances fucking Ha? FRANCES UNDATEABLE. women joke about men being undateable for various reasons all the time. yeah, she's an alt right tool, whatever, fuck them, fk the soy boy insult. i hate all that, but i didn't feel like justifying my post with i "i hate all that alt-right stuff but..."

lol, i would normally never bother posting on that forum, hence my low post count despite being a member since 2017, but i'm off sick and was just starting to enjoy it  :lol  :'(

Even on GAF death threats to the right were, "They are just joking,"  but saying "you don't want to say things like that" to the left was "HOLY SHIT!  that youtuber just said he was gonna kill her!" 

If you're on the other team on Reset you are subhuman.

This goes across politics, Disney Media Franchises, videogame franchises, consumer electronics, yum brands affordable and nutrious restaurants, whatever

Who was the guy big on , "They literally think I'm subhuman," whenever politics came up.  This was on GAF.  And he might have just been a cis-male gay, so basically a republican.
sigh

agrajag

« Reply #10743 on: April 16, 2019, 09:45:02 PM »
Are Nazis notorious for having a low post count?

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #10744 on: April 16, 2019, 09:45:22 PM »
Quote from: RedMercury
jontin said:
I really hate this. There are like 3 words I'll never say in any context, and just reading it makes me feel complicit.

I don't like it either, I don't think men should be using that word directed at women ever really, not in American culture anyways where it's kind of dehumanizing and it's always going to have that connotation when coming out of a guy's mouth directed at a woman, but at the same time I feel like there's a time and a place to have that conversation, and it isn't necessarily when a woman has said something heinous and emotions are high, you know? I get people aren't going to want to hear that in this instance and I don't want to seem like I'm taking a stand with her in any way even if I do generally think it perpetuates misogyny for men to refer to women that way.

:gurl

sw guy feelings > dumb wimmenz

i guess we just have to differ on this, i dont get how what she said is so heinous. one of the cringiest response videos i've ever seen.
◕‿◕

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #10745 on: April 16, 2019, 09:51:17 PM »
I wear cargo pants a lot. If I lived in a warmer climate I might even go for cargo shorts. There's nothing wrong with having lots of pockets. When I wear girl clothes (yeah, I do that) the main problem for me is the absence of pockets.

:badass

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #10746 on: April 16, 2019, 09:52:06 PM »
jontin said:
I really hate this. There are like 3 words I'll never say in any context, and just reading it makes me feel complicit.

I don't like it either, I don't think men should be using that word directed at women ever really, not in American culture anyways where it's kind of dehumanizing and it's always going to have that connotation when coming out of a guy's mouth directed at a woman, but at the same time I feel like there's a time and a place to have that conversation, and it isn't necessarily when a woman has said something heinous and emotions are high, you know? I get people aren't going to want to hear that in this instance and I don't want to seem like I'm taking a stand with her in any way even if I do generally think it perpetuates misogyny for men to refer to women that way.

i guess we just have to differ on this, i dont get how what she said is so heinous. one of the cringiest response videos i've ever seen.

Jesus Christ! 

That guy would/will excuse torture as long as it's against a bad person.
sigh

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10747 on: April 16, 2019, 09:53:07 PM »

Hitler had zero posts.
©@©™

BisMarckie

« Reply #10748 on: April 16, 2019, 09:53:39 PM »

Back in the 30‘s you had to use a telegraph. That shit was expensive. :birb

agrajag

« Reply #10749 on: April 16, 2019, 09:55:14 PM »
a woman exercised her right to choose... punch that gator bitch right in her pussycunt!

:rethread

« Reply #10750 on: April 16, 2019, 09:56:29 PM »
dont call women cunts except this woman who's a total cunt

Boredfrom

« Reply #10751 on: April 16, 2019, 10:20:19 PM »
I hope him and his wife gets invited to the movie premiere.

If he ends up at the premiere hopefully Mark explains just how cringey his reaction video is before celebrating his passion though, just to clear it up

:doge

You guys have the maturity of a introvert 12 year old child. Mark Hamill is going to invite him to the premiere and tell him that his reaction is cringe worthy so creating a huge PR disaster. Wah...

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #10752 on: April 16, 2019, 10:20:49 PM »
Ok....so here's what I'm thinking. Trump is laying the seeds for "Trump TV".

He is thinking that he will very well lose in 2020 and is now starting to shit all over Fox to get his own channel running, like he was thinking about in 2016 if he lost.

:snoop

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #10753 on: April 16, 2019, 10:29:54 PM »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #10754 on: April 16, 2019, 10:36:17 PM »
Is that a john titor thing?

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #10755 on: April 16, 2019, 10:37:12 PM »

remy

« Reply #10756 on: April 16, 2019, 10:37:51 PM »
jontin said:

There's a time and a place for cunt punting a bitch, and it's when she makes fun of you for crying over starwars - Red Mercury lmao.

The old Men and scared women will laugh at them/ Women are scared men will kill them. no wonder women and minorities are leaving in droves!  :hmph

agrajag

« Reply #10757 on: April 16, 2019, 10:41:17 PM »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #10758 on: April 16, 2019, 10:42:21 PM »

no

(Image removed from quote.)

I like how you tried to clarify by posting a bunch of scribbled nonsense.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #10759 on: April 16, 2019, 10:43:16 PM »

no

I like how you tried to clarify by posting a bunch of scribbled nonsense.

it's the original text instead of the translated text.

kennyloggins can verify

BisMarckie

« Reply #10760 on: April 16, 2019, 10:47:49 PM »
Like I'm reading all this shit. :heh

agrajag

« Reply #10761 on: April 16, 2019, 10:49:53 PM »
did my post about cruising down the Autobahn with Hitler make sense?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #10762 on: April 16, 2019, 10:50:31 PM »
so is it or is not a john titor thing?

I need more john titor in my life.

BisMarckie

« Reply #10763 on: April 16, 2019, 10:57:06 PM »

You messed up a verb form, but, yes, I was able to understand what you were going for. :itagaki

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #10764 on: April 16, 2019, 11:01:22 PM »
First they say coon isn't racist, then they say cunt isn't sexist, can't wait to see what they deem appropriate next.

agrajag

« Reply #10765 on: April 16, 2019, 11:01:23 PM »

You messed up a verb form, but, yes, I was able to understand what you were going for. :itagaki

Google Translate is getting good!

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #10766 on: April 16, 2019, 11:02:20 PM »
So this:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pc-gaming-era-april-2019-goodbye-uzzy-is-your-new-king.108742/post-19889866

led to JaseC quitting Resetera & Discord ... another one bites the dust,,,

edit:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 11:07:32 PM by Tektonic »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10767 on: April 16, 2019, 11:05:36 PM »
postingsraum

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #10768 on: April 16, 2019, 11:05:59 PM »
Jesus fucking christ.

2016 did not end up being a loss because 12 people on ERA couldn't be bothered to read or listen to a full video. The "far left" you see on this site is an aberration that is not at all representative of any significant voting population, nor the reason Clinton lost three key states by a combined total of less than 100k votes from districts filled with middle aged white dudes.

Stop, just please fucking stop with this "the sky is falling". Stop using Helio as your political barometer, the dude represents like 1% of the voting population. Not only that, but anyone with similar voting patterns or political views are more likely to be living in deep blue areas that were the reason Clinton stacked the popular vote count by millions but still lost in the rust belt by tens of thousands.

The far left is not a threat, it's not the reason 2016 happened. They are, at worst, an annoyance in terms of political discourse. If the Justice Democrats were some type of political machine to be reckoned with then their thesis would have prevailed in the most favorable midterm election in recent memory, but the thesis proved to be false and the vast majority of DSA/JA failed in prominent elections, for obvious reasons.

Stop caring about them, stop giving them your time and mental space. Compared to previous Democratic houses the party has never been so far left, this isn't some crisis of identity, you're just letting the loudest mouths take up all your headspace.

Stop caring about them, after I rail on them for roughly two hundred words. :derp

Man Pelosi really comes off looking petty any time she talks about AOC.

where's pd? i need some pelosi/aoc fanfic

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #10769 on: April 16, 2019, 11:06:38 PM »
So this:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pc-gaming-era-april-2019-goodbye-uzzy-is-your-new-king.108742/post-19889866

Don't fault him. Board is shit.

Shame PC-GAF is splintered, I need to get on their Discord or something.

But that leaves Jawmuncher (who is a terrible mod) as the PC-GAF steward.

BisMarckie

« Reply #10770 on: April 16, 2019, 11:15:05 PM »
So this:

edit: (Image removed from quote.)

I think JaseC is a nice guy, but that sounds pretty lame. :heh

tuna_love

« Reply #10771 on: April 16, 2019, 11:50:34 PM »
jasec is a good egg

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10773 on: April 17, 2019, 12:04:00 AM »
This is something i've wanted to get off my chest for awhile. With the current news of JaseC leaving, I think it's the right time to bring it up. Even if some might not want to hear it. Several posts in the last few pages are perfect examples of why JaseC left. The constant pokes at mods and general negative attitudes from time to time, make this thread hard to post in for anyone, even the old guard.

Unbeknownst to most, JaseC actually wanted to step down further back. So I can understand why he finally had enough. Hell, It's why I haven't been posting in this community as much as I used to because I haven't felt welcome. But I would still call it home.

I know the EGS stuff as well as other cases can get heated in numerous ways. But none of this is worth driving off good members of the community who only ever wanted to help. Hostility (even as a joke) can end up driving away the people who care the most afterall.

remy

« Reply #10774 on: April 17, 2019, 12:15:13 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pc-gaming-era-april-2019-goodbye-uzzy-is-your-new-king.108742/post-19916404

FEEL FOR THE MODS. FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL FOR THEM
Poking at mods is thing that makes reset an unwelcoming place, sure  ::)

it's not that anyone funny or interesting gets banned for stepping on corporate drones toes whilst party pooper assholes run around with mod protection  ::)

Hey if you don't don't like having a combative hostile stinkhole of a forum maybe you should do your job once in a while, moderator

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #10775 on: April 17, 2019, 12:26:12 AM »
Are the mods are leaving REE in droves?

Averon

« Reply #10776 on: April 17, 2019, 12:34:35 AM »
They are acting like their jobs as school monitors is some harsh, brutal, thankless "job" that should respected. These people take their role as glorified school monitors for a niche video game forum too seriously.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10777 on: April 17, 2019, 12:42:19 AM »
Nah, JaseC (and DuskGolem) are solid dudes who give a fuck about PC gaming, and as mods they're pretty reasonable and try and educate people instead of just dropping a ban hammer on them.

The problem is basically all the other mods are ascended console warriors who will ban someone because they get butt hurt if you smack talk their plastic toy.
Playing obvious favorites breeds resentment.

e:
And brehs, stop whining about how shit restarea is for pc gaming fans - you're still fucking posting there, and everyone knows it is.
Go somewhere else.

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #10778 on: April 17, 2019, 12:43:22 AM »
Another mod gone?

RedMercury

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10779 on: April 17, 2019, 01:16:11 AM »
:nope

Admit your failings to a community, try and address concerns and outline how you will try and improve things

:ohyeah

Threadmarks Concerning the Community
This is something i've wanted to get off my chest for awhile. With the current news of JaseC leaving, I think it's the right time to bring it up. Even if some might not want to hear it. Several posts in the last few pages are perfect examples of why JaseC left. The constant pokes at mods and general negative attitudes from time to time, make this thread hard to post in for anyone, even the old guard.

Unbeknownst to most, JaseC actually wanted to step down further back. So I can understand why he finally had enough. Hell, It's why I haven't been posting in this community as much as I used to because I haven't felt welcome. But I would still call it home.

I know the EGS stuff as well as other cases can get heated in numerous ways. But none of this is worth driving off good members of the community who only ever wanted to help. Hostility (even as a joke) can end up driving away the people who care the most afterall.

User Banned (Duration Pending): Hostility towards staff

User Banned (Duration Pending): Hostility towards staff

Staff Posts Final Warning
From day one our mission has been to keep as much of this site and community together as possible. After reviewing recent events and everything leading up to it, we concede with broken hearts that at least in part we have failed.

A lot of posts we've seen on the past few pages are embarassing, toxic, and inexcusable. This is not just about the staff we have lost who have thrown their hands up in frustration and sadness. It's also about the many messages we've received from members who have felt intimidated and driven off. It's about all the posters who don't feel welcome here in a thread about one of the largest platforms in gaming.

Get back on the topic of PC gaming and stay there and do not derail this thread again with metacommentary.

:neogaf :ufup :umad :crowdlaff :dead

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10780 on: April 17, 2019, 01:17:52 AM »
Quote from: Recht
a thread about one of the largest platforms in gaming.

wait, so it is a platform now?

Can't wait to see what the superintendent does to nerdlinger house if they ignore his super secret final ultimate warning; go ban a bunch of people in their community thread then tell them its their fault? Remove the mod protections that stop their general gaming threads getting shitted up?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10781 on: April 17, 2019, 01:23:56 AM »
also as further indictment of how fucking bad they are at managing a community, they needed 2 fucking admins for that final warning post, one to write it, the other to give it a staff post threadmark

:stahp

I cant even

Averon

« Reply #10782 on: April 17, 2019, 01:38:27 AM »
Do they consider any sort of mild critique of staff "attacks" that warrant bannings? They have skin as thin as Evilore's.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #10783 on: April 17, 2019, 01:51:05 AM »

I've said this before (it's how I got permed over there), but the biggest problem with the fucking mods there is the complete inability to self-reflect and to critically assess their own performance.

This fucking post quoted above is a prime example. JaseC is leaving because of toxicity towards the mods? Really? Did they stop and wonder WHY there is so much toxicity towards the mods?

To the muppet REEEEE mods who I know are lurking this thread: If you want to know why you are being attacked so much, read this fucking thread and take a long hard look at yourselves and your actions. Your behaviour is absurd and toxic and the fact you allow the worst and most insane people to run roughshod over the sane people is the reason there is so much hate directed towards you.

If you want to clean up your community, start by banning en masse:
  • almost all of the mods
  • the members of the BCT who shit up every thread with racial bullshit
  • the members of the LGBTI+ community who shit up every thread with homophobia bullshit
  • the toxic members of the politics thread who don't even go to the video game side unless it's to shit it up by signal boosting some twitter idiot and mislabelling anything that doesn't conform to your restrictive world view as "alt-right"
  • anyone engaging in console war bullshit
  • anyone advocating for boycotts of THQ/Persona/Catherine/Japanese games/Smash Bros over ridiculous imagined racism/sexism/whateverism
  • anyone with an anime avatar
  • the anti-Bernie crew, because WTF?
By the end of this purge, you'll have about a third of the members left (as well as marrec and Pogi), but they will be the sane ones and your problems will be over.

Alternatively, you can just continue to blame the community and ban anyone who criticises your performance. That's worked fucking great so far.
Spud

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #10784 on: April 17, 2019, 01:58:06 AM »
you cant please everyone which is why catering to everyones bullshit isnt working in reality
萌え~

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #10785 on: April 17, 2019, 01:58:59 AM »
Do they consider any sort of mild critique of staff "attacks" that warrant bannings? They have skin as thin as Evilore's.
Lore's skin is as thick as rock, due to his rigorous martial arts training tho.  :punch

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #10786 on: April 17, 2019, 01:59:54 AM »
Lore's skin is as thick as rock, due to his rigorous martial arts training tho.  :punch
I thought it was because of all the rubbing up against people in the shower...
Spud

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10787 on: April 17, 2019, 02:09:42 AM »

no, no, its not about proving the people saying the mods have done a pretty shitty job wrong by banning them for saying that, its about the many messages they've definitely received from the members who have felt intimidated and left in droves because of the mean people in the not-allowed-to-be-called-steam-by-admin-diktat-thread, and it's about all the posters who definitely exist who don't feel welcome in a thread about not-a-platform-because-you-don't-need-to-buy-hardware because of the mean people saying bad things about the moderators.

Bore Expert

« Reply #10788 on: April 17, 2019, 02:15:02 AM »
I wear cargo pants a lot. If I lived in a warmer climate I might even go for cargo shorts. There's nothing wrong with having lots of pockets. When I wear girl clothes (yeah, I do that) the main problem for me is the absence of pockets.

That’s why god invented the fanny pack, bro  :rejoice

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10789 on: April 17, 2019, 02:21:26 AM »
After reviewing this thread we have lifted a ban and would like to make something clear: We understand that the connotations of the "c word" can vary wildly by country, but there are plenty of other words you can use to describe terrible people. It is never okay to use it specifically as a gendered insult, no matter who the target is. In general we ask that you use different language and be considerate of those who live in places where it's highly offensive to refer to women in such a way.

So you - sensibly - overturned the "Trolling" ban pointing out eras massive double standards with the use of gendered insults being somehow acceptable when its a woman you don't like, but you're upholding the "mod whining" ban for the person who commented on that ban saying that it was bullshit?

:confused

Also:
https://twitter.com/davidehrlich/status/1118257863372230657

RedMercury - cunt -  BTFO

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #10790 on: April 17, 2019, 02:30:22 AM »
Welp some dumb Florida cunt who is apparently obsessed with the Columbine shooting made threats against the schools here in Denver. Now all the schools have been shut down for tomorrow because she is apparently been seen in the state and has purchased a shotgun and ammo. Fucking loons, man.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #10791 on: April 17, 2019, 02:35:07 AM »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #10793 on: April 17, 2019, 02:59:48 AM »
Welp some dumb Florida cunt who is apparently obsessed with the Columbine shooting made threats against the schools here in Denver. Now all the schools have been shut down for tomorrow because she is apparently been seen in the state and has purchased a shotgun and ammo. Fucking loons, man.
100% what i pictured reading stufte's post, down to the damn shoes.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #10797 on: April 17, 2019, 03:38:53 AM »
pc/steam gaming thread looks like it's about to dissolve into nothingness..

used to enjoy it many years ago in the gaf days... but it's been no fun pleased into oblivion...

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #10798 on: April 17, 2019, 04:52:33 AM »
The gang find out Deplatforming doesn't work and just creates hostility.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10799 on: April 17, 2019, 05:00:42 AM »
And with BenardOne banned that’s pretty much every prominent user banned from GAF.

Great job ban waving an entire community into nothing :clap

BernardoOne was/is a dick and was rolling towards a perm anyway, just like Derrick01 always was

e:
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]