Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3798219 times)

marrec

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #1200 on: March 11, 2019, 12:37:44 PM »
Btw, i never really understood this concept of judging someone? How does it work exactly, or rather how do people feel judging someone else? Superior?
:smug

Any perceived judgement is accidental, they are clearly operating on a higher social frequency than us

ah fuck top of the page uhh, someone ask Antia how many heads high she is so we can figure out if she's an adolescent

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #1202 on: March 11, 2019, 12:41:48 PM »
Quote from: Ichthyosaurus
Bernie isn't as savvy as AOC. I don't see him surviving so cleanly, and despite that the level of shit they've thrown at her is terrifying from a security and mental health viewpoint.

Really. The mild pissiness thrown at her, largely by her own party, is terrifying?

Man, the primaries are going to be something.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1203 on: March 11, 2019, 12:42:10 PM »
Shilling for Lair :goldberg
It works about 7 out of 10 times.

« Reply #1204 on: March 11, 2019, 12:44:22 PM »
Quote from: TheSylat
And that's also why they had a truck load more fun with a Borderlands (especially 2 and PreSequel) than with say DOOM 2016 ...
Because co-op means socializing and fun times together ... (also the revive mechanic combined with a cel shaded outlook makes the mere fact of reviving a mate an awesome moment for them )

Hell I can't count the times I had way more fun with ladies on Borderlands , than being stuck with dude friends on any other generic shootbang ...

But that's what I was trying to elude to , you don't need to have the game to be "typically feminine" to be enjoyed by ladies just design in such a way that your game doesn't end up being a toxic sludge factory ...

Hell why does Armello makes them ladies happy ? Because no ingame voice chat , pre written chat lines pronounced by your chosen hero that are in character , leading to some mild roleplaying being doable on the board . Boom bob's your uncle ladies are havin a blast ...
he mentioned it!!!
Imagine being an artist on that game and stumbling on those posts.

What's it like, Stufte?

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #1205 on: March 11, 2019, 12:45:23 PM »
Btw, i never really understood this concept of judging someone? How does it work exactly, or rather how do people feel judging someone else? Superior?

Any perceived judgement is accidental, they are clearly operating on a higher social frequency than us

ah fuck top of the page uhh, someone ask Antia how many heads high she is so we can figure out if she's an adolescent

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #1206 on: March 11, 2019, 12:45:27 PM »
Bernie isn't as savvy as AOC. I don't see him surviving so cleanly, and despite that the level of shit they've thrown at her is terrifying from a security and mental health viewpoint.

Watching them try to spin it as though Cortez is against Bernie is pretty weird.

"Savvy" seems like code for photogenic

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #1207 on: March 11, 2019, 12:45:32 PM »
The sole independent senator for decades, isn't as savvy as AOC who came out of said senator's movement.

kiblar stop

Watching them try to spin it as though Cortez is against Bernie is pretty weird.

It's hilarious because one of the things Bernie said, is that even if one person comes out of the push of the "our revolution",  that's enough.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1208 on: March 11, 2019, 12:48:41 PM »
AOC “clapped-back” at some negative tweets. :bow pure savvy :bow2
©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1209 on: March 11, 2019, 12:48:49 PM »

Yeah like, what sort of person goes around judging others??  What does that say about the sort of person you are, your moral fiber?  Like ughhh
Uncle

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1210 on: March 11, 2019, 12:49:56 PM »
Reminds me of when I got a month ban in 2007 for "trolling Sony” by saying PGR4 looked about as good as whatever Gran Turismo title was coming out around then.

I owned a PS3 at the time. It was bizarre.

Imagine remembering month long bans from TWELVE YEARS AGO
It was the only time* other than the perm that he was banned.

on that account
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #1211 on: March 11, 2019, 12:52:19 PM »
Yeah like, what sort of person goes around judging others??  What does that say about the sort of person you are, your moral fiber?  Like ughhh
Is it? I mean, i get liking or disliking something, or saying this is not me, not my taste or whatever, but judging i don't really get. So that's why i'm trying to understand why some people really enjoy judging, it must give them something, doesn't it?

benjipwns

« Reply #1212 on: March 11, 2019, 01:03:36 PM »
Thing is that this is a pro FE documentary. This doesn't rip them, yeah normal, same people may think that because FE and thier arguments and stunts are stupid and laughable. But this is a pro FE device and really should never have been given a platform IMO.

I thought it was a documentary poking fun, but soon realized it wasn't and shut it off.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #1213 on: March 11, 2019, 01:05:59 PM »
2020 thread is on page 2

#freekiblar

Quote from: cheetoh
Kamalas answer is a lot more nuanced than Bernie’s quick dismissal he gave when asked. That’s the point, Bernie isn’t even pretending to be interested in considering it.

Saying you will consider it or study it is way better than just saying no.

benjipwns

« Reply #1214 on: March 11, 2019, 01:10:22 PM »
fucking Bernard telling the truth instead of lying to me :maf

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1215 on: March 11, 2019, 01:16:06 PM »
Thing is that this is a pro FE documentary. This doesn't rip them, yeah normal, same people may think that because FE and thier arguments and stunts are stupid and laughable. But this is a pro FE device and really should never have been given a platform IMO.

I thought it was a documentary poking fun, but soon realized it wasn't and shut it off.

Wow, what’s it like to judge people, asshole?
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #1216 on: March 11, 2019, 01:19:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-horrors-of-online-shopping-reviews.104637/
Simple problem: I need a new dishwasher.
So I spend hours on reading reviews and test online.
I compare prices, functionality, everything. I narrow it down to the one.

4.3 stars or whatever on amazon. Sounds good.
I use reviewmeta and let it filter out fake reviews. Still Ok.

But then I begin to read the reviews. And I go straight for the one-star ratings. Why? All my hope in the product is gone now.
After being trapped in the same loop 5 times I just bought a machine, without reading reviews.
It felt liberating.
thx shitman

jorma

« Reply #1217 on: March 11, 2019, 01:20:19 PM »
Reminds me of when I got a month ban in 2007 for "trolling Sony” by saying PGR4 looked about as good as whatever Gran Turismo title was coming out around then.

I owned a PS3 at the time. It was bizarre.

Imagine remembering month long bans from TWELVE YEARS AGO

i remember my first ban from that time as well, i got slapped with 3 months when i suggested a woody allen appreciation thread would be short (because his movies sucks ass), and i missed that the op of that thread was dragona

and i'm pretty sure that the thread barely got past the first page.

BisMarckie

« Reply #1218 on: March 11, 2019, 01:22:00 PM »
We have a federal institute that reviews consumer products funded by taxpayer money. :smug

When you really want to know which detergent is the best without astroturfers and other paid shills.  :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #1219 on: March 11, 2019, 01:25:03 PM »
oh sure like that's not actually controlled by BASF

BisMarckie

« Reply #1220 on: March 11, 2019, 01:26:37 PM »
oh sure like that's not actually controlled by BASF

Henkel :ufup

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1221 on: March 11, 2019, 01:44:22 PM »
You know what else happened with Black Panther and Wonder Woman? Anyone with honert criticism got lumped in with the trolls and it ruined any critical discourse.
Maybe what you thought was “honest criticism” wasn’t if you were being honest with yourself and that’s why you felt lumped in with trolls?

If you identify with the trolls so easily, maybe that’s a personal issue you can work on improving?

I’m really not sure why anyone is upset trolls are getting dunked on when they hijacked the conversation in the first place. If people could have enjoyed the marketing of these films without that bullshit, we wouldn’t be here

:dunno

zepblackstar

« Reply #1222 on: March 11, 2019, 01:51:24 PM »
Is it? I mean, i get liking or disliking something, or saying this is not me, not my taste or whatever, but judging i don't really get. So that's why i'm trying to understand why some people really enjoy judging, it must give them something, doesn't it?

I judge people to see if they are safe or worth being around. considering most people with face tattoos are most likely gang members or crazy. Its nice to judge.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #1223 on: March 11, 2019, 01:52:01 PM »
Apparently accurately saying that Black Panther had some bad VFX (and won a sympathy BAFTA for best visual effects, LOLOL) is just an alt-right troll dog whistle.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1224 on: March 11, 2019, 01:52:17 PM »
I'm basically the living embodiment of these alt-right gamergater comic book nerds. I'm a gay dude who hasn't seen any MCU movies (except for GotG) and primarily saw this because of the female lead and women-backed crew. And I had a really wonderful time watching this! Might go see it again just to really drive home the point.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #1225 on: March 11, 2019, 01:57:03 PM »
Apparently accurately saying that Black Panther had some bad VFX (and won a sympathy BAFTA for best visual effects, LOLOL) is just an alt-right troll dog whistle.

Omg

Because most of the criticism aren't very honest like sweeping statements that are just wrong on their face like "bad action" and "bad cgi"

zepblackstar

« Reply #1226 on: March 11, 2019, 01:57:15 PM »

point out BAFTA has specific rules that films/shows can only be nominated if they meant diversity/inclusion quotas.

Not joking

marrec

« Reply #1227 on: March 11, 2019, 02:01:09 PM »

Omg

Because most of the criticism aren't very honest like sweeping statements that are just wrong on their face like "bad action" and "bad cgi"

This is gaslighting right?

Like, actually for real.

"The CGI wasn't bad you're just alt-right"

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1228 on: March 11, 2019, 02:01:12 PM »
LMAO

If you give it an award at least hand it out for something the movie did good. It wasn't a bad movie at all but the visual effects were the weakest part along with Martin Freeman. Who was in the movie only to demonstrate the superiority of the Wakandan Ubermenschen.
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1229 on: March 11, 2019, 02:02:57 PM »
smh @ all these people on known hate site The Bire and their """""honest criticism""""" of Babylon 5 Black Panthers CGI scenes.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1230 on: March 11, 2019, 02:05:40 PM »
great cgi is invisible and BP may as well be wearing an invisibility cloak most of the time

:dead

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1231 on: March 11, 2019, 02:12:42 PM »
Have any of them actually 'seen' the film?
🤴

10centtacos

« Reply #1232 on: March 11, 2019, 02:23:09 PM »
Quote from: HylianSeven, post: 18732240, member: 68

Quote from: FancyPants, post: 18731890, member: 29259
Game was down to 272 concurrent players today. This might be the biggest fiasco of all time.

I think that's a tad hyperbolic to say. I mean in the same industry where a company hosted an AMA on a haven of pedophilia, games are bricking consoles, etc., a formerly-beloved company's game flopping massively seems like just a drop in the bucket compared to some of the stuff out there.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/kotaku-valves-card-game-artifact-is-running-out-of-players.93956/page-17

Yes, the THQNordic 10chan AMA that Era obsessed about for a week is a bigger fiasco than Valve's disaster of a game.

Also you forgot to mention Goobergate.  :ufup

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1233 on: March 11, 2019, 02:25:58 PM »
Those gifs look like Tobey Maguire Spiderman

Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1234 on: March 11, 2019, 02:26:05 PM »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1235 on: March 11, 2019, 02:43:15 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

And yet people thought the CG was good in that movie, I wonder what the difference is? Couldn't be because one of them stars a black man? :thinking
©@©™

Superstar

« Reply #1236 on: March 11, 2019, 02:48:04 PM »
Donald is likely parroting something he heard on one of shit TV shows, there was no rational thought nor logic involved in his conclusions. So I don't give a fuck if he is right, I hope it never happens so just to spite him. He is such a shit-brained dolt he wouldn't care either way, he can't help himself and needs to twit and be a twit and then tweets, it's his inane compulsion of stupidity.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/president-trump-on-twitter-making-daylight-saving-time-permanent-is-o-k-with-me.104657/page-5

Imagine getting this worked up over daylight savings time.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1237 on: March 11, 2019, 02:51:05 PM »

And yet people thought the CG was good in that movie, I wonder what the difference is? Couldn't be because one of them stars a black man? :thinking

People also claim the CGI improved over the course of the 3 Tobey movies, and the third one had him wearing black and donning a black Venom suit
:ohhh
Uncle

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #1238 on: March 11, 2019, 02:57:00 PM »
Legit in-movie shot:

AWARD WINNING.

stufte

« Reply #1239 on: March 11, 2019, 02:59:12 PM »
Infinity War had almost double the budget, but most of that probably went to RDJ. They had almost the same VFX studios work on both movies and both were out within months of one another.

Yet IW looks a decade apart. Black Panther's CG is Let the Right One in Cats level bad. They really didn't give a fuck.

and to be fair, IW had that wonky ass Bruce Banner composite late in the movie, but at least it was in the background.  :doge

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1240 on: March 11, 2019, 03:07:48 PM »
Let's be real though, people that pay to see Marvel movies don't deserve good things.
©@©™

stufte

« Reply #1241 on: March 11, 2019, 03:09:06 PM »
MOST of the CGI in Black Panther looked good, but what was bad was laughably terrible and looked like a PS2 cinematic.

Agreed, but bad cgi can take you right out of a movie and break immersion. Reminded me of the Rock cgi from the Scorpion King.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1242 on: March 11, 2019, 03:11:37 PM »
Legit in-movie shot:

AWARD WINNING.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ravage is a Transformer in the Beast Wars Universe. He is a member of the Predacons. His beast mode is a Black Panther.
[close]
dog

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1243 on: March 11, 2019, 03:13:23 PM »
Nobody on restarea has ever laughed at bad CGI, as its beneath them and solely the domain of alt-right trolls

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #1244 on: March 11, 2019, 03:15:38 PM »
The bad CGI in Black Panther is especially annoying as it prevented even more shirtless Michael B Jordan

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1245 on: March 11, 2019, 03:16:21 PM »
Those Cavill shots are weird because I find it hard to articulate what is wrong

But it is definitely very wrong
Uncle

stufte

« Reply #1246 on: March 11, 2019, 03:18:24 PM »
man, I've gone down a bad CGI rabbit hole, and it's amazing.

I am legend would have been SO much better with practical effects and makeup instead of this bullshit CGI abomination.
[close]

:lol

Boredfrom

« Reply #1247 on: March 11, 2019, 03:18:56 PM »
Legit in-movie shot:

AWARD WINNING.

Ravage is a Transformer in the Beast Wars Universe. He is a member of the Predacons. His beast mode is a Black Panther.
[close]

stufte

« Reply #1248 on: March 11, 2019, 03:20:17 PM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #1249 on: March 11, 2019, 03:21:22 PM »

Being fair, it makes sense given that he is supposed to be a digital version.

Also, that scene was awesome  :bolo
[close]

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1250 on: March 11, 2019, 03:23:30 PM »

The only two possible explanations I see for the ERA "Moderates" tripping over themselves to put her on a pedestal :
- Not letting "Leftists" claim a monopoly on this hot, new, fresh, super popular figure.
- Gambling on this very young politician moving towards center soon enough for the sake of her career and / or because of her actual upcoming experience and then retroactively painting everything until now with their brush.

Or so I suppose ? I'm no AOC expert but everything seems to point out she's closer to Sanders. She may move to the center as she ages but it's not going to happen before the primary (which is basically all that matters now, relative to the forum) and it seems the most sensible would be for her to endorse Sanders provided he's still in the running.

They're setting up for possibly eating a lot of crow by going full cult of personality.
Hopefully it happens because it would be :delicious
ὕβρις

stufte

« Reply #1251 on: March 11, 2019, 03:23:34 PM »

[close]

I would agree with you and would have totally gotten behind that idea if they hadn't used the same cgi to de-age him in the "real life" flashbacks of him.  :doge

Boredfrom

« Reply #1252 on: March 11, 2019, 03:24:58 PM »

[close]

I would agree with you and would have totally gotten behind that idea if they hadn't used the same cgi to de-age him in the "real life" flashbacks of him.  :doge

I still like to pretend that was the reason.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1253 on: March 11, 2019, 03:25:06 PM »
Those Cavill shots are weird because I find it hard to articulate what is wrong

But it is definitely very wrong

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #1254 on: March 11, 2019, 03:27:56 PM »
He was a computer-man in real life too!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 03:47:09 PM by Straight Edge »
Oi Oi

stufte

« Reply #1255 on: March 11, 2019, 03:30:14 PM »
I loved spawn, but:

:era

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1256 on: March 11, 2019, 03:34:46 PM »
Andrew Yang officially cancelled by Cheebo, agrajag sent to ER on account of annihilation :

He gave legitimacy to known racists Joe Rogan and Tucker Carlson. Doesn't matter how desperate you are, you don't go on the show of a raging racist like Joe Rogan.

There is a difference between racism and "ideological differences".

https://www.resetera.com/threads/2020-democratic-presidential-primary-ot-bernies-running-hillarys-not-bloomberg-isnt-either-but-inslee-is.91234/page-230#post-18736502
ὕβρις

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #1257 on: March 11, 2019, 03:35:49 PM »
I loved spawn, but:

:era

Was shit compared to the HBO series.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1258 on: March 11, 2019, 03:35:57 PM »
Andrew Yang officially cancelled by Cheebo, agrajag sent to ER on account of annihilation :

He gave legitimacy to known racists Joe Rogan and Tucker Carlson. Doesn't matter how desperate you are, you don't go on the show of a raging racist like Joe Rogan.

There is a difference between racism and "ideological differences".

https://www.resetera.com/threads/2020-democratic-presidential-primary-ot-bernies-running-hillarys-not-bloomberg-isnt-either-but-inslee-is.91234/page-230#post-18736502

when did joe rogan digivolve from problematic to full blown racist?

« Reply #1259 on: March 11, 2019, 03:39:36 PM »
The CGI in Spider Man Homecoming was pretty pathetic as well. Isn't it just a case of Marvel not giving a shit about CG effects? Why waste money when the movies are aimed at manchildren who would go see it regardless?