Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3795521 times)

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #1980 on: March 13, 2019, 07:45:32 PM »
Not being able to participate in society because you literally can't reach places
vs.
someone on an internet forum saying "let's go boys" instead of "let's go guys"

Drainage

« Reply #1981 on: March 13, 2019, 07:46:47 PM »
Not being able to participate in society because you literally can't reach places vs. someone on an internet forum saying "let's go boys"

:shaking

« Reply #1983 on: March 13, 2019, 07:55:04 PM »
Why is that boy thread in the gaming section? Is using boys something only gamers do?

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #1984 on: March 13, 2019, 07:55:19 PM »
I really liked Xenoblade 1 and XBX was something I ended up really liking in the end.

XB2 was awful. I really don't understand the fandom around it. But I chalk it up to just not being from this generation of anime/Japanese game fans.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is an action role-playing game developed by Monolith Soft and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo Switch video game console.

:expert :miyamoto :jgames

Drainage

« Reply #1985 on: March 13, 2019, 07:56:41 PM »
Why is that boy thread in the gaming section? Is using boys something only gamers do?

It's actually a remaster of a thread that went down in flames on OT

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1986 on: March 13, 2019, 07:57:12 PM »
these hd ports are getting lazier and lazier

tummyfat

« Reply #1987 on: March 13, 2019, 07:57:19 PM »
We should all take the DigitalOp challenge: go park outside a
Daycare or elementary school for an hour and see if someone bothers you

If they do, you are victim and they are nazis

Drainage

« Reply #1988 on: March 13, 2019, 07:58:21 PM »
We should all take the DigitalOp challenge: go park outside a
Daycare or elementary school for an hour and see if someone bothers you

If they do, you are victim and they are nazis

find your Maria

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1989 on: March 13, 2019, 07:58:32 PM »
I don't have a lot of time boys.  :fbm
🤴

Clockwork5

« Reply #1990 on: March 13, 2019, 08:01:04 PM »
Comparing providing handicapped access ramps to not using the word "guys" to describe a group of people; a Finale Fireworker post:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/using-boys-to-speak-to-everyone-really-needs-to-stop-and-this-is-why.105159/post-18822469

Quote from: Finale Fireworker
I unfortunately don’t have a lot of time so I just want to hone in on this part specifically. This isn’t to say the rest of your post doesn’t matter. Normally I prefer not to selectively quote but I hope you’ll forgive me in the interest of time.

I think that this mathematical approach to compassion is self-defeating. Somebody shouldn’t have to be a majority (or near-majority) population for their feelings to matter.

Consider how many places you go to with handicap accessible parking spaces, bathrooms, and access ramps. These accommodations make it so people with difficulty walking can go to the same places you can, feel welcome in their own society, and not be rendered invisible by those without disabilities. This ensures the 30.6 million Americans with permanent mobility disabilities are able to live more comfortably alongside everyone else. These are all good things, no?

These 30.6 million people in wheelchairs or with walkers matter. They have worth and feelings and value. They also make up less than 1% of the United States.

So if we let statistics decide how compassionate we are or aren’t, we would decide these people don’t matter. We would decide it’s not worth it to make minor concessions to accommodate them. We would decide it wasn’t fair for the other 99% of the population to have to give up some parking spaces or use a ramp instead of steps.

Motivation to be kind and respectful to others shouldn’t be extrinsic. You shouldn’t seek external justification to be considerate. It’s a personal decision you have to make for yourself.

I think accepting other people for who they are and how they want to be seen and addressed has innate value that doesn’t need to be rationalized. Using ungendered language is a free, easy thing you can do to be kind and respectful to other people. It contributes to an environment where male identity is not the societal default and benefits gender equality. It supports self-expression and recognition of identity. It lets the people who care about these things know you see them and you think their feelings matter.

Maybe for you it feels foreign and strange at first to have to say “everyone” or “folks” instead or “you guys.” But think of how foreign and strange gendered language can make some people feel all the time. If you could do something to change that, why wouldn’t you?

:birb
Literally comparing trans people to the disabled. No wonder they are leaving that place in droves.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1991 on: March 13, 2019, 08:01:58 PM »
It would be great if we switch to “girls” instead. I’d start feeling very pretty :uguu
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1992 on: March 13, 2019, 08:02:06 PM »
Only ~1% of the planet is Dutch. Yet everyone ignores our feelings  :maf
🤴

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #1993 on: March 13, 2019, 08:04:40 PM »
resetera linked to aldi teatime takedowns. which linked to this recipe.

Toad in the hole with onion gravy

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1994 on: March 13, 2019, 08:06:46 PM »
Literally comparing trans people to the disabled. No wonder they are leaving that place in droves.
however the disabled will be staying. stairs were installed at all exits to make sure of that.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1995 on: March 13, 2019, 08:22:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/using-boys-to-speak-to-everyone-really-needs-to-stop-and-this-is-why.105159/post-18823490

Quote from: Krejlooc
"Boy" also has some disgustingly racist connotations. Here in Texas, hearing a group referred to as "boys" is extremely rare, though. Y'all rolls off the tongue here.

Oh fuck off, the thread is about "let's go boys" collective not Sheriff J. W. Pepper

Uncle

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #1996 on: March 13, 2019, 08:24:10 PM »
I'll happily refer to any diverse group with neutral expressions but that he wants everyone to preemptively never use "boys"is what grinds my balls.

If someone in a hype thread posts "Let's go boys!!" It's not even referring to anyone specific. It's just an expression

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #1997 on: March 13, 2019, 08:24:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/using-boys-to-speak-to-everyone-really-needs-to-stop-and-this-is-why.105159/post-18823490

"Boy" also has some disgustingly racist connotations. Here in Texas, hearing a group referred to as "boys" is extremely rare, though. Y'all rolls off the tongue here.

Oh fuck off, the thread is about "let's go boys" collective not Sheriff J. W. Pepper

(Image removed from quote.)

don't show them this....1979 was problematic

https://youtu.be/HF1JdtZG9CQ?t=19

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1998 on: March 13, 2019, 08:26:14 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-been-3-months-since-the-launch-of-super-smash-bros-ultimate-nothing-has-been-done-about-the-racist-stereotypes-in-spirits-mode.105190/

:rage

Best thing about OP is just calling their spade a spade

I was hoping that Primethius's thread would hopefully bring the issue to Nintendo's attention with enough outrage. But to my surprise, unlike the Mr. Game & Watch issue, nothing was done.
Uncle

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #1999 on: March 13, 2019, 08:27:32 PM »
<

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #2000 on: March 13, 2019, 08:27:44 PM »

:trigger

tummyfat

« Reply #2001 on: March 13, 2019, 08:28:19 PM »
Thank god 90% of Resetera sees no value in having kids

tuna_love

« Reply #2002 on: March 13, 2019, 08:40:32 PM »
in australia we just go gender neutral and ask "where we dropping cunts"

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #2003 on: March 13, 2019, 08:44:51 PM »
Does ERA have a official banned words list?

I know 'females' is a no no

:quark

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #2004 on: March 13, 2019, 08:46:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-was-just-kicked-out-of-a-dressing-room-area-store-for-being-a-guy.105218/

When reading this I could only think about how digitalop could have stretched this out a lot more. Also why is he referring to the store lady as just that? Give her a name, a character. Where is the sexual tension? I felt nothing.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #2006 on: March 13, 2019, 08:52:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-was-just-kicked-out-of-a-dressing-room-area-store-for-being-a-guy.105218/#post-18824469

Quote from: riotous, post: 18824469, member: 5576
It's a women's only store, you are in the dressing room area where you aren't supposed to be...

... how is this so confusing?

I am now convinced that riotous and notorious transphobe marrec are sharing accounts.  Let’s see how high your slickness level is boys!

Nuitangg

« Reply #2007 on: March 13, 2019, 08:57:42 PM »
That's pretty sexist though.  :heyman

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #2008 on: March 13, 2019, 09:00:52 PM »
So reset would have a problem with men who are interested in “woman’s” clothes? Are they not allowed to shop and try things on at Charlotte Russe?
Oi Oi

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2009 on: March 13, 2019, 09:07:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-was-just-kicked-out-of-a-dressing-room-area-store-for-being-a-guy.105218/#post-18824469

It's a women's only store, you are in the dressing room area where you aren't supposed to be...

I am now convinced that riotous and notorious transphobe marrec are sharing accounts.  Let’s see how high your slickness level is boys!

Women includes trans women you transphobe.

I don't know why you aren't calling out the manager lady for just saying "get out" without even considering the possibility that OP was trans
Uncle

PogiJones

« Reply #2010 on: March 13, 2019, 09:08:25 PM »
If I weren't on my phone right now I would so whip you all into shape with a carepost about clubs and sexism and exclusivity that would blow your minds and bring unity to the bore once more

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #2011 on: March 13, 2019, 09:11:26 PM »
Pogi used to write careposts that were just as long :tocry

Yeah, but at least those were fun to read. Reading someones One Piece x Arc fanfiction isn't legalese/grammar nazi-school marm.

And yet that One Piece x Arc fanfiction is getting more attention than any of my careposts ever did  :stahp

You know what to do.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2012 on: March 13, 2019, 09:11:31 PM »
If I weren't on my phone right now I would so whip you all into shape with a carepost about clubs and sexism and exclusivity that would blow your minds and bring unity to the bore once more

Unreal Engine 4 is better
Uncle

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #2013 on: March 13, 2019, 09:13:41 PM »

Unreal Engine 4 is better

Not under Tripwire and Antimatter games, it ain't.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2014 on: March 13, 2019, 09:15:25 PM »
Can someone answer this for me, I have a serious question, I can't keep up

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-was-just-kicked-out-of-a-dressing-room-area-store-for-being-a-guy.105218/post-18824795

Quote from: Seirith
So?

Unless you are a woman or transgender woman, stay out of the woman's dressing room. You had no right to be in there. Your gf is an adult, she can pick her own clothing.

What is wrong with this post that would prompt these reactions to it?

Quote from: SirMossyBloke
You were doing so well until the end.

Quote from: fallingedge
when trying too hard to be real
Uncle

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #2015 on: March 13, 2019, 09:16:54 PM »

Live and Let Die is such a silly film and I love it for that.

Bond goes to 1970s Harlem  :heh

PogiJones

« Reply #2016 on: March 13, 2019, 09:17:11 PM »
These 30.6 million people in wheelchairs or with walkers matter. They have worth and feelings and value. They also make up less than 1% of the United States.

:snoop

Returning to this, I love how he throws out 30.6 million to show how huge the number of disabled people is to show how important it is, then says the "less than 1%" to make that number once again be really small.

The end message is "In every 1% of the population, there is actually 10% of the population. So don't neglect that 1%, because they're actually 10%."

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #2017 on: March 13, 2019, 09:17:23 PM »

Yes it does, and that includes the women who have yet to start hormone therapy or still retain some vestiges of male appearance.  By agreeing that appearance alone is enough to have a person who looks like a man removed from a supposedly women’s only store you are advocating for the erasure of the myriad transgender imdividuals who exist in the process of transitioning.

Try to be a better ally.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2018 on: March 13, 2019, 09:17:43 PM »
I don't think a single person in the history of history has ever addressed a group of people which consists of men and women as boys.

"Guys" yes, "boys" no.
Spud

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2019 on: March 13, 2019, 09:21:00 PM »
People openly admitting they only watch superhero movies in theaters  :trigger
:9

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2020 on: March 13, 2019, 09:21:37 PM »
I don't think a single person in the history of history has ever addressed a group of people which consists of men and women as boys.

"Guys" yes, "boys" no.

With the advent of the internet and anonymity it is quite frequent to see people say "how's it goin boys" "let's go boys" to their group before they know the genders of everyone in the squad

Or for example something said to a chat group or entire Discord "eyy boys what's shakin'"

I never go a day without saying "eyy boys what's shakin'" to each of the 15 Discords I belong to
Uncle

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #2021 on: March 13, 2019, 09:24:27 PM »

Yes it does, and that includes the women who have yet to start hormone therapy or still retain some vestiges of male appearance.  By agreeing that appearance alone is enough to have a person who looks like a man removed from a supposedly women’s only store you are advocating for the erasure of the myriad transgender imdividuals who exist in the process of transitioning.

Try to be a better ally.

I didn't advocate for any of that.

:ufup

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #2022 on: March 13, 2019, 09:25:59 PM »
Potentially trans man gets kicked out of womans change room = "What did you expect?!"
DigitalOp loiters outside a daycare centre, only saved by police brutality by an imaginary Maria = "F# The Police"

No wonder minorities are leaving Resetera in droves. SMH

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #2023 on: March 13, 2019, 09:27:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-was-just-kicked-out-of-a-dressing-room-area-store-for-being-a-guy.105218/page-2#post-18824947

Quote from: Teh Hamburglar, post: 18824947, member: 23890
I was kicked out of Victoria's Secret once or five times. I was just starring at one of the huge ads with a raging boner.

:woody

Drainage

« Reply #2024 on: March 13, 2019, 09:30:55 PM »

:snoop

Returning to this, I love how he throws out 30.6 million to show how huge the number of disabled people is to show how important it is, then says the "less than 1%" to make that number once again be really small.

The end message is "In every 1% of the population, there is actually 10% of the population. So don't neglect that 1%, because they're actually 10%."

Presenting mathematics; a Finale Fireworker equation.

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #2025 on: March 13, 2019, 09:31:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-was-just-kicked-out-of-a-dressing-room-area-store-for-being-a-guy.105218/page-2#post-18824947

Quote from: Teh Hamburglar, post: 18824947, member: 23890
I was kicked out of Victoria's Secret once or five times. I was just starring at one of the huge ads with a raging boner.

:woody

Quote from: Spookie
Jesus. H. Christ. How hard is it to act normal?

:girlaff :crowdlaff ITS RESETERA!

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2026 on: March 13, 2019, 09:31:36 PM »

"Guys" yes, "boys" no.

With the advent of the internet and anonymity it is quite frequent to see people say "how's it goin boys" "let's go boys" to their group before they know the genders of everyone in the squad

Or for example something said to a chat group or entire Discord "eyy boys what's shakin'"

I never go a day without saying "eyy boys what's shakin'" to each of the 15 Discords I belong to

So, you're saying I'm on the wrong side of a history of history?

Edit: my bad, i should never have assumed that a reesetera user would actually interact with humans in a face-to-face environment.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 09:35:42 PM by Potato »
Spud

Drainage

« Reply #2027 on: March 13, 2019, 09:34:27 PM »
I’m glad we’re accepting of gender fluidity but shitting all over crossdressers isn’t cool either humans

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #2028 on: March 13, 2019, 09:34:34 PM »

Try to be a better ally.

I didn't advocate for any of that.

:ufup

Stop deliberately misconstruing him. All he is trying to say is that all men are rapists.

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #2029 on: March 13, 2019, 09:37:30 PM »
Potentially trans man gets kicked out of womans change room = "What did you expect?!"
DigitalOp loiters outside a daycare centre, only saved by police brutality by an imaginary Maria = "F# The Police"

No wonder minorities are leaving Resetera in droves. SMH

The person involved is not trans lol

"POTENTIALLY" - are you denying him/her/xhi the possibility of being trans one day?!!!

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2030 on: March 13, 2019, 09:39:00 PM »

"Guys" yes, "boys" no.

So, you're saying I'm on the wrong side of a history of history?

Edit: my bad, i should never have assumed that a reesetera user would actually interact with humans in a face-to-face environment.

You're on the wrong side of herstory
Uncle

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #2031 on: March 13, 2019, 09:42:00 PM »
Shut the fuck up glen you sexist pig!

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #2032 on: March 13, 2019, 09:53:03 PM »
Captain Marvel was okay. But Alita was a much better film with vastly better action.
Typical reset- follow the corporate drone white women superhero movie with a bland story instead of going for the PoC Auteur Robert Rodriguez's android coming of age masterpiece, with a PoC lead and a beautiful story and even more beautiful action.

Not to mention produced by women's rights icon James Cameron

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2033 on: March 13, 2019, 09:57:37 PM »
You know these people who didnt watch Alita because of anime eyes are people who would totally go on an adult date and order chicken fingers with ketchup
:9

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #2034 on: March 13, 2019, 10:03:22 PM »
You eat your chicken fingers without ketchup?

:nope

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #2035 on: March 13, 2019, 10:04:41 PM »
Imagine not eating chicken fingers with mayo   :picard

« Reply #2036 on: March 13, 2019, 10:09:58 PM »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #2037 on: March 13, 2019, 10:12:20 PM »

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #2038 on: March 13, 2019, 10:26:05 PM »
Everyone knows you dip your tendies in a mixture of precisely 49% mayo and 51% ketchup.

PogiJones

« Reply #2039 on: March 13, 2019, 10:34:27 PM »
Stop deliberately misconstruing him. All he is trying to say is that all men are rapists.
Which is an uncontroversial given anyway, as evidenced by Ms.Galaxy beating off would-be rapists with a baton every day