Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3798119 times)

Propagandhim

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #30720 on: July 15, 2019, 11:26:02 AM »
"I'm trying to think of what Tommy would do"

:neogaf

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #30721 on: July 15, 2019, 11:26:37 AM »
Quote from: Fistfulofmetal
would be nice if you at least named the actress in the title instead of referring to her as 'black female'
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bonds-number-is-up-black-female-actor-is-the-new-007.129096/post-22767739

Fistfuls turn from hoarding Natalie Portman pics to super woke remains pretty funny
Maybe he needed the name to start a new collection.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30722 on: July 15, 2019, 11:27:51 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bonds-number-is-up-black-female-actor-is-the-new-007.129096/#post-22767867

Quote from: APZonerunner, post: 22767797, member: 22090
This is great news for representation, but anybody thinking this has an actual longer-term implication is misguided, I think. The franchise character is James Bond 007, not whatever other agent takes the 007 number, and next movie once Craig is out they will inevitably cast another man to be James Bond. I don't think they have the guts to actually make it a female led franchise or stray that far from Fleming's character.

I think there's a chance for Bond to be a black man next time, though. They've acknowledged the thirst for Idris in the role too many times, and though Idris is probably very close to aging out of Bond (considering whoever takes it has to be willing to sit in the role for a decade and Idris is only a few years younger than Craig), but there's a bunch of young black British actors who'd be great for it.

However... EON has had ambitions for a female-led spin-off for years. They first kicked around the idea for Michelle Yeoh's character in Tomorrow Never Dies, then they actually had a script for a solo movie for Halle Berry's character from Die Another Day... but then Die Another Day was terrible and a combination of the Bourne movies and real-world events like 9/11 turned the espionage movie genre upside down, so that got canned alongside another Brosnan movie to make way for the Craig reboot.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that the Bond producers have talked multiple times in the past about setting up a secondary franchise within the Bond universe to work as a 'Winter Olympics' to the main Bond's 'Summer Olympics' (their analogy, not mine), and they talked a lot about it in a pre-MCU world... so you could certainly see Lynch's character being a potential opening for that again. And maybe this time that'll work.

I just hope she doesn't get offed or incapacitated in the course of this film (which is usually the fate of other 00s in this franchise). I'd generally like Craig's supporting cast (Wright, Fiennes, Wishaw, Harris and now hopefully Lynch) stick around in a continuity-free way into his successor's movies.

Quote from: Birdseye, post: 22767867, member: 15428
Why did you call Daniel Craig by his last name and Idris Elba by his first name?

:shaking Slickness levels critical :shaking

:ufup

James Bond the character, and James Bond the franchise are too well steeped in the public consciousness and have too many iconic parts that just do not work with woke-swapping that whatever changes they try and push through are going to get thrown out in the next reboot.

Like, sure, you can make sherlock holmes gay black ironsides if you want, but its still going to go back to deerstalker hat, drug addiction, 'on the spectrum' personality, because those are the things that literally make that character that character.

for better or for worse, James Bond is a serial shagging, globetrotting, gadget toting, fancy car driving, shaken-not-stirred martini drinking, remorseless contracted killer for his country in a nice suit and a 'no fucks were given about their death' quip after an execution.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #30723 on: July 15, 2019, 11:29:31 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:teehee

User banned (1 day): Trolling, misrepresenting another user's argument.

:gladbron
Oi Oi

marrec

« Reply #30724 on: July 15, 2019, 11:34:30 AM »
Oh no Kotaku just posted a prime day deals tweet Schreier pls respond

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #30725 on: July 15, 2019, 11:42:37 AM »
"B-but Jason Schreieieieir said there's nothing shady going on" is the funniest thing I've read all month :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #30727 on: July 15, 2019, 11:45:11 AM »
https://weplay.tv/news/top-10-sexiest-female-proplayers-16248

Finally top 10 sexiest pro esports players ranked.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #30728 on: July 15, 2019, 11:46:18 AM »
Your image isnt working. I doubt they beat BabeF though

https://www.instagram.com/benjaminbremer/?hl=en

:-*

marrec

« Reply #30729 on: July 15, 2019, 11:48:02 AM »
It's even more hilarious when you realize these people got their progressive agenda on Amazon from a snarky comedian who works for a media conglomerate who among other things... partners with Amazon.

This isn't really fair, the case against Amazon has been building for a long time and there have been calls for boycotts on Prime Day at least going back 3 years.

Tangentially, why is Oliver suddenly a favorite target of frustrated centrist commentators?

BisMarckie

« Reply #30730 on: July 15, 2019, 11:50:26 AM »
Because he is an unfunny cunt

marrec

« Reply #30731 on: July 15, 2019, 11:54:03 AM »
Because he is an unfunny cunt

That's never stopped us from liking Transhuman tho

spoiler (click to show/hide)
jk I love you Transhuman bby
[close]

Propagandhim

« Reply #30732 on: July 15, 2019, 11:54:36 AM »
It's even more hilarious when you realize these people got their progressive agenda on Amazon from a snarky comedian who works for a media conglomerate who among other things... partners with Amazon.

This isn't really fair, the case against Amazon has been building for a long time and there have been calls for boycotts on Prime Day at least going back 3 years.

Tangentially, why is Oliver suddenly a favorite target of frustrated centrist commentators?

"Why is Oliver suddenly a favorite target of frustrated centrist commentators?  It's like going into a bowling alley in the early 90s, saying 'hey, can I have a size 9 and the girl at the register tells you, 'Sorry, we only have size 10 and 8 and you're like "I'M GONNA GO JERK OFF IN MY CAR AND EAT POP TARTS BECAUSE THERE'S NO CENTER.  THERE'S NO CENTER ANYMORE. OH, WHAT'S THIS NEW FLAVOR? "SMORES"?  WELL, THAT'S NOT GOING TO LAST!"

Tasty

« Reply #30733 on: July 15, 2019, 11:56:49 AM »
The problem with boycotts today is that literally everything is produced by a handful of international corporations.

Should boycotting a brand of baby formula mean you can't buy motor oil from the same parent? Who can be expected to remember all the taxonomies?

Like, if I'm boycotting Prime Day, does that mean I also have to shut off my websites on AWS? Avoid Whole Foods entirely? Not step foot in a friends' apartment because they have an Alexa?

Tasty

« Reply #30734 on: July 15, 2019, 11:58:22 AM »
Obvious brag about something that doesn't matter, but I noticed I turned off John Oliver like a year and a half before my friends did. :smug

I like the researched aspects of his segments, but his personality is grating. Better as a side character than his own host IMO...

marrec

« Reply #30735 on: July 15, 2019, 11:59:16 AM »
I dunno, I like Oliver SO SUE ME

BisMarckie

« Reply #30736 on: July 15, 2019, 11:59:41 AM »
You should only buy stuff from YUM! Brands anyway. :ufup

I guess Pepsico is alright as well since there is some lineage there.

BisMarckie

« Reply #30737 on: July 15, 2019, 12:00:23 PM »
I like Oliver

Least surprising thing ever.

marrec

« Reply #30738 on: July 15, 2019, 12:03:41 PM »

BisMarckie

« Reply #30739 on: July 15, 2019, 12:04:02 PM »

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #30740 on: July 15, 2019, 12:05:37 PM »
Should boycotting a brand of baby formula mean you can't buy motor oil from the same parent? Who can be expected to remember all the taxonomies?

This is on the refrigerator at the commune. :lol

paprikastaude

« Reply #30741 on: July 15, 2019, 12:06:21 PM »
It's ok if you want to avoid certain products that are harmful so you feel you contribute something little at least. It's good to make bad practices public too. It's only once you start to annoyingly preach about it that you look like a stupid hypocritical bitch. The entire system of consumer 1st world society is built upon the fact that someone else has to bear the burden for it. This won't change in our lifetime. No one's devoid of supporting bad practices, unless you're a hermit living off selfmade goat milk in some mountain shack. If not, btfo with any aggressive holier-than-thou attitude.

BisMarckie

« Reply #30742 on: July 15, 2019, 12:07:17 PM »
It's ok if you want to avoid certain products that are harmful so you feel you contribute something little at least. It's good to make bad practices public too. It's only once you start to annoyingly preach about it that you look like a stupid hypocritical bitch. The entire system of consumer 1st world society is built upon the fact that someone else has to bear the burden for it. No one's devoid of supporting bad practices, unless you're a hermit living off selfmade goat milk in some mountain shack. If not, gtfo with any aggressive holier-than-thou attitude.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #30743 on: July 15, 2019, 12:08:58 PM »
not a single thread about that #RIPBianca thing, weird as it's the perfect murder for them, young girl killed by incel.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #30744 on: July 15, 2019, 12:09:07 PM »
It's ok if you want to avoid certain products that are harmful so you feel you contribute something little at least. It's good to make bad practices public too. It's only once you start to annoyingly preach about it that you look like a stupid hypocritical bitch. The entire system of consumer 1st world society is built upon the fact that someone else has to bear the burden for it. No one's devoid of supporting bad practices, unless you're a hermit living off selfmade goat milk in some mountain shack. If not, gtfo with any aggressive holier-than-thou attitude.

Jansen

« Reply #30745 on: July 15, 2019, 12:11:14 PM »

paprikastaude

« Reply #30746 on: July 15, 2019, 12:11:32 PM »

I love how that dumb comic equates slacktivism with hard labour like carrying rocks and shit.  :doge

marrec

« Reply #30747 on: July 15, 2019, 12:11:45 PM »

I'm not targeting Oliver, I think he's great at what it does.

I just saw his comedy routine on Amazon being used in a thread when someone asked why they should boycott amazon and I find that kind of hilarious. 

I don't have an issue with people boycotting amazon either way so whatever, call me a centrist if it makes that gap in your teeth feel smaller.

Quoting myself because fuck you marrec.

Did you quote this just so I'd see the gap-tooth jab?

Jansen

« Reply #30748 on: July 15, 2019, 12:13:24 PM »
not a single thread about that #RIPBianca thing, weird as it's the perfect murder for them, young girl killed by incel.

How can anyone get any ideas when you don't post links

Jansen

« Reply #30749 on: July 15, 2019, 12:14:08 PM »
Why are Riotass and Merrick fagging out on each other

Ghoul

Tasty

« Reply #30751 on: July 15, 2019, 12:16:37 PM »
Tasty:  If boycotting amazon makes someone feel like they are contributing to something, then that's fine.  I don't expect people to be 100% consistent in all aspects of everything.  A "vegan" who once a year eats a steak isn't erasing the 364.75 days of the year they are more ethically consuming.

What I'm making fun of in this thread is people posting on a video game forum doing things like demanding Polygon don't link to Prime Deals;  they are expecting all of this 100% perfect activism when the very forum they are posting on represents all kinds of problematic capitalism.

In the end it makes it all feel like virtue signaling, and not real activism.

"B-b-but the website you are posting on is hosted on amazon" = lame BS to me.. but that's exactly what resetera users are doing right now.. on a forum hosted on AWS.

Agreed, although I will say the perspective shifts depending on whether you consider product boycotts as virtue signalling and/or slacktivism vs. "real" activism. And it's a sliding scale for every issue like this... does forcing everyone to have separate bins for recycling actually do any good? Probably not, so I can see someone criticizing me for doing so as "virtue signaling." On the other coin of the hand, boycotts have been known to work (depending on the product, company, and goals involved.)

But I agree with you in this instance. Resetera has become a good case study on outrage culture.

Tasty

« Reply #30752 on: July 15, 2019, 12:17:17 PM »

Explain? I'm not aware of such lineage.

Jansen

« Reply #30753 on: July 15, 2019, 12:20:47 PM »
She was actively involved with 4Chan as Oxychan and resided in Utica, New York

Wtf being a part of 4chan? That's worse than her murder! -era user

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #30754 on: July 15, 2019, 12:21:31 PM »
nothing worse than a pervert to male feminist.

talking of giant dads our boy mittens changing his handles on twitter and the other forum but still so easy to find as he didn't unlike other pictures of #FreePam

Kara

« Reply #30755 on: July 15, 2019, 12:22:01 PM »

YUM!'s origins are when Pepsi decided to get into fast food. They started off buying Pizza Hut iirc.

Jansen

« Reply #30756 on: July 15, 2019, 12:23:47 PM »
Quote from: Strangelove77, post: 22773715, member: 2384

We can always make more people.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-small-towns-economy-endangered-caribou-which-do-we-protect.129128/#post-22773715

:yikes

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #30757 on: July 15, 2019, 12:28:27 PM »
Uncle

Ghoul

« Reply #30758 on: July 15, 2019, 12:32:19 PM »
nothing worse than a pervert to male feminist.

talking of giant dads our boy mittens changing his handles on twitter and the other forum but still so easy to find as he didn't unlike other pictures of #FreePam

:goty2

Tasty

« Reply #30759 on: July 15, 2019, 12:48:30 PM »

YUM!'s origins are when Pepsi decided to get into fast food. They started off buying Pizza Hut iirc.

OK. And why do we like YUM! Brands?

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #30760 on: July 15, 2019, 12:48:38 PM »
Fuck it, I'll cop the ban I don't give a fuck.

I want this thing dead. As a doornail.

And since it's obese and elderly, it'll happen soon. And I will fucking CELEBRATE. Full charcoal BBQ. Even in snowy winter.

That THING isn't human. It's a pedophile. It's a rapist. It's a racist. It's a vile disgusting pathetic creature and I can't wait for it to croak. And I will fucking celebrate!

Mods have at me!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/trump-double-down-his-attacks-on-the-congresswomen-this-morning.129099/post-22768398

:badass

godspeed soldier

:salute
Fish<

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #30761 on: July 15, 2019, 12:49:51 PM »

And since it's obese and elderly, it'll happen soon. And I will fucking CELEBRATE. Full charcoal BBQ. Even in snowy winter.

That THING isn't human. It's a pedophile. It's a rapist. It's a racist. It's a vile disgusting pathetic creature and I can't wait for it to croak. And I will fucking celebrate!

Mods have at me!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/trump-double-down-his-attacks-on-the-congresswomen-this-morning.129099/post-22768398

One thing the FBI does take seriously is death threats against sitting government officials, especially the president. I'm surprised the modss didn't nuke the post already.

Kara

« Reply #30762 on: July 15, 2019, 12:52:28 PM »

OK. And why do we like YUM! Brands?

Some posters like YUM! because they own Taco Bell.

Some posters like Taco Bell but think YUM! shilling is indecorous.

It is the Bore's Great Schism.

Tasty

« Reply #30763 on: July 15, 2019, 12:56:39 PM »
What if you don't like Taco Bell and never have? :thinking

Jansen

« Reply #30764 on: July 15, 2019, 12:57:05 PM »

Mods have at me!

godspeed soldier

:salute

Someone send it to a tips line

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #30765 on: July 15, 2019, 01:09:57 PM »
Prime Day virtue signalling is pretty insane on re today;  people being called "scabs" for linking to deals lol

I saw somebody saying to boycott Amazon because they treat their employees badly and shop at Wal-Mart instead. :neogaf
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #30766 on: July 15, 2019, 01:12:04 PM »

Is left-to-right manga cultural imperialism? :isthis
©@©™

Kara

« Reply #30767 on: July 15, 2019, 01:19:18 PM »

R U saying when we drank in da club (Las Vegas's Taco Bell Cantina) it was a lie :brazilcry

Tasty

« Reply #30768 on: July 15, 2019, 01:27:34 PM »

R U saying when we drank in da club (Las Vegas's Taco Bell Cantina) it was a lie :brazilcry

Nah that place served bitchin' Mountain Dew alcohol slushies in giant yard cups, it had its place. 8)

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
Fish<

paprikastaude

« Reply #30770 on: July 15, 2019, 01:29:08 PM »

tfw hentai is more real than reee :goldberg

Tasty

« Reply #30771 on: July 15, 2019, 01:29:51 PM »
tfw hentai is more real than reee :goldberg

:jeanluc

Ghoul

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30773 on: July 15, 2019, 01:34:42 PM »
I zapped into it on TV right when this guy showed up. It was surreal. That whole parade is surreal. I know it's a french tradition but it still feels very wrong imo.

:exxy

https://www.resetera.com/threads/france-shows-off-flying-soldier-during-bastille-day-military-parade.128994/post-22752760

ὕβρις

jorma

« Reply #30774 on: July 15, 2019, 01:38:11 PM »
Prime Day virtue signalling is pretty insane on re today;  people being called "scabs" for linking to deals lol

I saw somebody saying to boycott Amazon because they treat their employees badly and shop at Wal-Mart instead. :neogaf

I’ve never even seen anything legit bad about amazon.  It all comes across as whining considering they pay higher than market rate.  *shrug*

/centrist

it seems to be mostly about anti union practices and refusal to sign collective bargaining agreements though.

And one might suspect this is the main reason they aren't active in Sweden, even Lidl had to sit down with the unions here.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #30775 on: July 15, 2019, 01:38:26 PM »

The get the fuck out of our trap house, nicca.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30776 on: July 15, 2019, 01:41:43 PM »
But why does France do this kind of display? This sort of reverence for military might, is... unnerving.

:heh

Fran: You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away.
Bernard: They do, do they? That must be why they're such a dominant global power.
ὕβρις

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #30777 on: July 15, 2019, 01:45:32 PM »

I’ve never even seen anything legit bad about amazon.  It all comes across as whining considering they pay higher than market rate.  *shrug*

/centrist

It's the national sport.

Once a company becomes dominant in a segment, they then become the reason for all the ills that are related to their industry. McDonalds is blamed for obesity and low-paying jobs, Wal-mart is blamed for small town businesses closing, Amazon is blamed for tax evasion (and more in the future).

It's this focal point, or totem for intellectually lazy people to fling their beefs at. You're seen as 'punching up' and no one is really going to push back on you, because who wants to be the cuck that defends those corporations?

Tasty

« Reply #30778 on: July 15, 2019, 01:46:51 PM »
Queen TIMU used the N word again :beli

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30779 on: July 15, 2019, 01:47:23 PM »
The French are encroached enough in Africa to know what they are doing. Certainly much more than the average Era member.

:trigger I'll have you know that ERA plays it tactical !

https://www.resetera.com/threads/france-shows-off-flying-soldier-during-bastille-day-military-parade.128994/post-22767318
ὕβρις