Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3904417 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #32340 on: July 21, 2019, 04:57:00 PM »
It kinda is weird that they don't just ban PewDiePie content like they have Boogie1488 or that one guy who used to be on a podcast years ago you know the one who was on that one thing one time. It's not like the guy actually does anything they'd discuss anyway. The worst thing they say for Boogie1488 is how he's a centrist/racist, while that podcast guy tweeted something bad once or whatever so is unpersoned completely, while PewDiePie here is running a mass murdering cult and is worse than actual neo-Nazis but whatever, post away about his reign of YouTube terror.

And like, you can't link to Ben Shapiro content, but you can endlessly link to PewDiePie associating with Ben Shapiro. Both of whom teamed up to order a mosque shooting, but only one doesn't have their content allowed to be posted unless the larger platform (PewDiePie) shares it in some way vaguely.

Almost makes you wonder about who's running ResetERA.com LLC. (R.I.P. in peace SweetNicole October 25, 2017-April 10, 2019)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32341 on: July 21, 2019, 05:08:01 PM »
Maybe mods are just wary of banning YouTubers because you know it's not gonna stop there. No one cares for PDP content on ERA true, but if you give in on him, why not RLM, AVGN or Girlfriend's Reviews too or any other ?

Banning some individual niche games is a bit different (especially since ERA sort of outsourced the decision making to what's banned on Steam and Twitch).

For that matter what was the latest "big" #cancel mods decided would be enforced ?
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #32342 on: July 21, 2019, 05:13:39 PM »
wow they actually are meticulous in keeping this General Guide updated
Dismissive and Disruptive Behavior

Low effort, inflammatory, or insensitive drive by posting is always unacceptable. However, it is especially inappropriate in serious and sensitive discussions. Threads involving race, gender identity, sexuality, sexual assault or harassment, sexualization of minors, or any marginalized minority groups should be approached with sensitivity. Dismissive or disruptive behavior in these threads will be usually be met with a ban. The following are examples of such behavior:
Dismissing the importance of issues that concern women or minorities and/or denying the experiences of users affected by these issues.
Lamenting or mocking the sensitivity or “outrage" of others in reference to legitimate concerns, or claiming that members are pretending to be offended.
Condescendingly talking down to people who are affected by sensitive issues.
Trying to derail the discussion such that it is no longer about the group of people that are affected by the issue.
Attempting to shut down the discussion altogether.
Framing support or defense of abhorrent views as questions in order to make them seem acceptable, and/or as a means of shifting the burden of proof on to others.
Please note that dismissing, downplaying, or making light of sexual assault allegations will lead to a lengthy ban.

Inflammatory Generalizations

Context and intent will matter here, but take care to avoid making inflammatory generalizations that are likely to cause offense. This includes generalizations regarding gender, race, sexuality, nationality, and ethnicity. It can also apply to inflammatory accusations made against large groups or communities of people. Always try to make nuanced points rather than broad and sweeping statements.

Inflammatory Defense/Support

Defending heinous behaviors (especially those related to bigotry) or supporting individual public figures who are guilty of the same can constitute inflammatory posting, even if the tone of your post is otherwise mild. Note that members found trying to abuse this policy to bait others into bans will instead be moderated themselves. This policy is intended to guard against provocation, not encourage interrogation.

Inflammatory Comparisons

Inflammatory points of comparison and false equivalences can needlessly escalate or derail an argument. You should not, for example, equate bigotry with intolerance of bigotry. It is usually best to avoid extreme comparisons in general, such as those involving loss of human life or serious issues like human rights. If you must make such a comparison, please make sure that you're doing so for a very good reason.
Do Not Argue in Bad Faith

Honest dissent and debate is generally encouraged. However, we do not welcome disingenuous arguments, deliberately ignoring or refusing to acknowledge counterarguments, or arguing for no reason than to upset other members. If your contributions to a discussion are clearly unproductive or lead in circles, it is time to stop.

Do not deliberately misrepresent the opinions or concerns of other users. Posters who enter a thread and drop a hot take (especially on a sensitive or controversial topic), only to never follow up, may be moderated for drive by posting. It is also not okay to enter a thread solely to whine about its existence or to deliberately derail it. If you have nothing of substance to contribute to a thread it may be best to avoid it.
Use Text Options Responsibly

We presently allow members access to a variety of text options including size, color, and font. Unicode and therefore emojis are also fully supported. Please do not abuse these options to make obnoxious or visually distracting replies. Do not make posts that consist of nothing but emojis. You are encouraged to always post as articulately and coherently as possible.
Modwhining

There may be times when you disagree with a moderator action or lack thereof. Your feedback and criticism is welcome and encouraged, so long as it is constructive, politely presented, and offered through appropriate channels like the contact form or private messages. If you post complaints about moderation in a public thread, you will be responsible for any ensuing derailment. If your words cross the line into hostility or outright attacks on staff, you will be banned for modwhining.

Please be aware that our volunteer staff are never required to passively receive abuse or invective. This applies to both public and private forms of communication, including private messages and reports.

They've clarified what is now known as the Pogi Rule:
Do not send hostile or confrontational private messages to other members, especially if such contact is unsolicited. This kind of behavior, if reported, will result in a ban. If a member you have privately contacted indicates that they do not wish to continue the conversation, disengage. If you receive an unwanted and hostile message, report it so that moderators can investigate.

Also, always:
Remember to Take Breaks

From time to time it may be prudent to step away from the keyboard for a few minutes or hours. If a discussion is getting heated to the point where you feel you are at risk of losing your composure or breaking the rules, you should disengage immediately. Always make sure that you are taking care of your health.
Please note that attempting to use the following text as a shield while violating its spirit (or the mission statement) will not protect you.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32343 on: July 21, 2019, 05:16:13 PM »
Do not send hostile or confrontational private messages to other members, especially if such contact is unsolicited.

Is OK, I love to solicit hostile messages. :gentleman
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #32344 on: July 21, 2019, 05:18:07 PM »
Advocating Violence

We do not allow advocacy of violence, explicit or otherwise. This policy can encompass posts with a wide range of severity, depending on the context and contents of the post. The penalty for breaking this rule can therefore vary greatly, all the way up to a permanent ban. Advocating murder will always result in a permanent ban.
unless you're PewDiePie, big conservative money controls even ResetERA.com the only place on the internet not constantly filled with hate

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #32345 on: July 21, 2019, 05:18:49 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #32346 on: July 21, 2019, 05:26:07 PM »
People died because of pewdiepie. A mental health charity doesn't fix that. Deplatform, now.
PDP isn't Ben Shapiro is exactly right. In a way, it makes what PDP is doing all the more insidious.
makes you think

dunno why this guy seems to hate PhoenixDark so much:
I mean, you won't get any argument from me. Perhaps the difference being that PD is an open bigot. He could certainly afford a PR team like a corporation, if he wanted.
I'm pretty sure Black is, I was referring to PD specifically but honestly I don't follow Black closely but he seemed like a cool guy. Which makes him teaming with PD a shame.
PD is a trash person that refuses to disavow the alt-right, in fact, he inspires them, despite them flooding his comments with their rhetoric, forming hate groups and hate memes, all in his name.
It's nice to think that taking the "moral" ground accomplishes anything, but in reality it just makes you that more easy to take advantage of and to silence. If something or somebody is wrong, that shit needs to be called out. We can forgive people AFTER they have taken actions to show they have changed. Show me where PD has done this.
Yes it's incorrect, but its not some "blatant lie" intended to spread misinformation. The killer mentioned PD in his livestream. You seem to care more about technicalities than the fact that PD has yet to disavow the alt-right that is clearly forming a hate cult in his name.
but starting to wonder why The Bire mods are protecting him, prolly cuz he can afford a PR team like a corporation
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 05:30:32 PM by benjipwns »

Propagandhim

« Reply #32347 on: July 21, 2019, 05:33:07 PM »
It's nice to think that taking the "moral" ground accomplishes anything, but in reality it just makes you that more easy to take advantage of and to silence. If something or somebody is wrong, that shit needs to be called out. We can forgive people AFTER they have taken actions to show they have changed. Show me where PD has done this.

:nugenix

benjipwns

« Reply #32348 on: July 21, 2019, 05:48:46 PM »
Tbf that's another lie. I rarely if ever watch him and I've seen at least 2 videos in which he's disavowed the alt-right, far-right, racist and hateful ideologies. Last video I saw was him telling his fanbase to end the "subscribe to PDP" meme/movement because it had morphed into something hateful which he didn't want.
I honestly hope that's true. Last I heard he had still not done that. Maybe he's actually making some progress in that regard.
This is at odds with his actions. How do you explain your bullishness with his behavior when he signal boosts Stefan Molyneux? Are we supposed to believe it's simply cognitive dissonance?
I'd like to believe people can change but it's going to take a hell of a lot longer than a few months of good behavior before I believe it. I have no doubt we'll get a nother PD did something awful thread in 6 months and yet again we'll find a long line of people willing to forgive him, just like every time before.
problem solved

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #32349 on: July 21, 2019, 05:48:59 PM »
the thread about the Black Widow movie was less corporate buttlicking
is Scarlett #cancelled yet

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #32350 on: July 21, 2019, 05:49:46 PM »
After the last few pages, its almost unbelievable that someone would IRL punch astro in the face within only a few words after meeting them

benjipwns

« Reply #32351 on: July 21, 2019, 05:52:38 PM »
After the last few pages, its almost unbelievable that someone would IRL punch astro in the face within only a few words after meeting them
are you saying that intent precipitated effect?

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
sigh

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #32353 on: July 21, 2019, 05:53:17 PM »
So I was watching an Eric Andre clip on YouTube, and found a very unexpected guest in the comments  :doge

Too lazy to upload a screenshot from mobile, but check the second reply to a guy named Egon Braun where he says he was there on the scene. Caught me by surprise  :lol
Margs

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #32355 on: July 21, 2019, 05:57:47 PM »
It kinda is weird that they don't just ban PewDiePie content like they have Boogie1488 or that one guy who used to be on a podcast years ago you know the one who was on that one thing one time. It's not like the guy actually does anything they'd discuss anyway. The worst thing they say for Boogie1488 is how he's a centrist/racist, while that podcast guy tweeted something bad once or whatever so is unpersoned completely, while PewDiePie here is running a mass murdering cult and is worse than actual neo-Nazis but whatever, post away about his reign of YouTube terror.

And like, you can't link to Ben Shapiro content, but you can endlessly link to PewDiePie associating with Ben Shapiro. Both of whom teamed up to order a mosque shooting, but only one doesn't have their content allowed to be posted unless the larger platform (PewDiePie) shares it in some way vaguely.

Almost makes you wonder about who's running ResetERA.com LLC. (R.I.P. in peace SweetNicole October 25, 2017-April 10, 2019)

Cerium is a Centrist. he doesnt want to ban disucssion on any big brands or big youtubers because he wants that sweet seo ranking from people talking about them all the time. this is why the threads stay open in an endless """discussion""" that amounts to "i dont care that someone made a joke"->"you nazi sympathiser, reported!"->ban.

Its easy to ban someone like boogie. He has 4.5m subs but typically only gets 80-120k views per video. and probably 10-20k of those are samandtolki hate-watchers. his channel is basically dead and irrelevant.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #32356 on: July 21, 2019, 05:59:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/girlfriend-reviews-should-your-boyfriend-play-grand-theft-auto-5.130225/post-22949124

Ok now is the time to lock the thread.

the best part of era is getting to control the discourse from this thread

make a post like this and the mods go "fuck you I won't do what you tell me, motherfucker, uggh" and leave it open extra long in defiance which just results in more gold
 :rejoice
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #32357 on: July 21, 2019, 06:00:22 PM »
So I was watching an Eric Andre clip on YouTube, and found a very unexpected guest in the comments  :doge

Too lazy to upload a screenshot from mobile, but check the second reply to a guy named Egon Braun where he says he was there on the scene. Caught me by surprise  :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #32358 on: July 21, 2019, 06:00:23 PM »
are you saying that intent precipitated effect?

this is not hard to understand

benjipwns

« Reply #32359 on: July 21, 2019, 06:02:05 PM »
the best part of era is getting to control the discourse from this thread

make a post like this and the mods go "fuck you I won't do what you tell me, motherfucker, uggh" and leave it open extra long in defiance which just results in more gold
 :rejoice
what are you talking about, nobody here can control what the mods there do

benjipwns

« Reply #32360 on: July 21, 2019, 06:05:17 PM »
this is perfect: https://www.resetera.com/threads/girlfriend-reviews-should-your-boyfriend-play-grand-theft-auto-5.130225/post-22952546
Quote from: astro
GTA SA "ah, shit here we go again" image in GTA thread
People will always discuss this. This shouldn't surprise you about Era, some of us have these opinions.

It's utterly bizzare that people don't get this. just scroll on by.

I think I understand about intent and effect now though by the reply:
There's nothing to scroll on by when every single page is filled with your crap. You've effectively ruined the thread, congrats I guess?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #32361 on: July 21, 2019, 06:07:57 PM »
astro can't help but stand up for their beliefs (unless a mod says knock that shit off and will then back the fuck down)

benjipwns

« Reply #32362 on: July 21, 2019, 06:12:05 PM »
You are also naive. The world didn't get rid of Hitler through love. And the consequences of not destroying the traitors of the Civil War is still felt to this day.
that last one, a ResetERA.com favorite, always gets me as it's so the wrong lesson in so many ways to take from the actual history :lol

clothedmacuser

« Reply #32363 on: July 21, 2019, 06:12:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/girlfriend-reviews-should-your-boyfriend-play-grand-theft-auto-5.130225/post-22952722
Enough of this back-and-forth. Move on and focus on the topic of the review. Thank you.

What?  A mod saying you are not allowed to discuss the bigotry and racism displayed by the content creators?  They are only allowed to discuss the review and ignore who made it?

Looks like Girl/Boyfriend reviews are protected or some shit.
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #32364 on: July 21, 2019, 06:14:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot2-i-have-no-pants-and-i-must-scream-read-op.65064/post-22948422
Came across this, was it posted? Apologies if so.

Thread:
https://twitter.com/machineiv/status/1147441162921189378
This thread is amazing and so on point. Having lots of friends in the video game industry, from AAA companies to indie ones, I can see this happening first-hand. Most people have little idea of how much games have gone through countless iterations to satisfy the marketing team needs more than the actual artists' vision (narrative or visual).
Quote from: Crossing Eden
Something tells me that OneAngryGamer, all the youtube shitheels, kotake in action, and GG twitter aren't gonna make articles, tweets, posts, and videos about this. I wonder why. 🤔
Fuckin' hell, that makes me sad. Just thinking of all the missed potential...
Thanks for sharing. It must be rough being an artist and have to deal with your creations be changed or destroyed like that.

With how we sometimes hear about devs having to fight to get women or poc on their game's covers, this probably happens much more often than we think.
I've mentioned it before, but some advice I received a couple of years back as an author went along the lines of "don't write anything too diverse/progressive if you actually want to get published". Also that, the more diverse your cast, the more generic the story should be.

Gotta avoid alienating the market, and all that.
I don't know what game she was wortking on but from the images it looks like a gatcha mobile game.
As far as I can tell they make 99% of their money on people throwing money at the game in the slim hopes of getting that SSSR swimsuit costume.

I honestly don't think gatcha games are worth fighting for. They are already disgusting gambling simulators and money sinks.
Not worth saving.
Why are you denigrating her experience?

https://twitter.com/machineiv/status/1149437615784939520

clothedmacuser

« Reply #32365 on: July 21, 2019, 06:18:14 PM »

As far as I can tell they make 99% of their money on people throwing money at the game in the slim hopes of getting that SSSR swimsuit costume.

I honestly don't think gatcha games are worth fighting for. They are already disgusting gambling simulators and money sinks.
Not worth saving.

I'm gonna need a translation here.

SSSR Swimsuit.

Gacha?
sigh

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #32366 on: July 21, 2019, 06:19:50 PM »
No one is suggesting they're guilty by association... what is happening...
Yeah, don’t support these people because they’re definitely sketchy with who they associate with.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/girlfriend-reviews-should-your-boyfriend-play-grand-theft-auto-5.130225/post-22952070

astro is a riot  :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #32367 on: July 21, 2019, 06:21:33 PM »
gonna say there's bigger problems with this company than the male gaze: https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/ZigZaGame-Reviews-E2233997.htm
Negative Outlook
I worked at ZigZaGame for more than a year

Pros

They can communicate in English in Japanese company

Cons

1. Unprofessional in giving feedback and overall management 2. No contract, no guarantee and starts blaming you for their unprofessional mistakes 3. Without contract, they will whine and threat about suing you afterward even though those aren't your mistakes. 4. Never have consistency in feedback. 5. If you quit their company, get ready to forget about the last work's payment because they will cancel, run away and don't pay your payment after you finished their orders
Doesn't Recommend
I worked at ZigZaGame full-time for less than a year

Pros

I found no pros for working at the company.

Cons

Many. I don't wish to say publicly.
Doesn't Recommend
Negative Outlook
I worked at ZigZaGame full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people working in the lower level positions of the company. Able to used English in office, which is rare in Japan. People are passionate about their jobs.

Cons

The direction of the company is vague at best. Employees are handled poorly by upper management, in particular with regards to HR decisions such as hiring, terminating, reviewing and so on. Very little feedback or guidance is given to people in key positions. Micromanagement of tasks by upper management is tedious and counterproductive. Attitude from CEO is borderline hostile to many employees.

Advice to Management

Focus on trying to build up the core of solid workers and less on marketing income. Treat people with respect and care and they will deliver a much better product.
Doesn't Recommend
Negative Outlook
I have been working at ZigZaGame full-time for more than a year

Pros

The individuals there are great people. The location is good since it isn't too central but close to Shinagawa. Not a suits-required place. Technically counts as a games company so you can get your industry experience.

Cons

The expected overtime is ridiculous. If you don't work overtime the management tells you that you aren't committed. If you work overtime you are still hugely underappreciated. The salary is stupidly low. A lot of what they promise in the interviews (bonuses, raises, game nights) are just pretty words. No help towards rent or company housing. No yearly performance review. No company parties or nights out. Everything you send on the company chat is monitored. Voicing your opinion is highly frowned upon. Unethical advertising of their games. There is a general feeling of "if I do this I might get fired", even regarding simple matters. Everyone feels on edge.
Doesn't Recommend
Negative Outlook
I worked at ZigZaGame full-time for less than a year

Pros

Many nice low-level workers Support for foreign workers Visa support

Cons

Overtime expectations are absurd. At times, I would receive "urgent" emails from coworkers at 3am, with frustrated followup messages at 7am if I hadn't replied, despite my shift starting at 9am. Some employees would sleep in the lobby overnights. Expectations didn't match interview statements. Company said that they value work-life balance and making sure everyone worked as close to 40 hours as possible. However, reviews would have you unfairly compare yourself to employees working 80-100 hour weeks. Inexperienced management. Most of the managers have very limited experience with video games development, and none on the scale they're trying to work on. This leads to massive over-budgeting and schedules that are more than a year off. This responsibility is hoisted onto the staff, who have little to no creative say. The pay is remarkably low to start, and does not increase. Promised raise and bonus schedules were not adhered to except for the absolute highest end workers. Employees who questioned management practices in perfectly professional manners were publicly berated and insulted in front of their peers using aggressive and profane language. Many of the things expected of their content creators run directly contradictory to established game industry practices. So in many ways, you'll be learning bad practices which need to be "unlearned" in other offices. Office culture involves dating between superiors and direct subordinates.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #32368 on: July 21, 2019, 06:24:09 PM »
Yeah, don’t support these people because they’re definitely sketchy with who they associate with.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/girlfriend-reviews-should-your-boyfriend-play-grand-theft-auto-5.130225/post-22952070

sigh

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #32369 on: July 21, 2019, 06:24:44 PM »

Not worth saving.

I'm gonna need a translation here.

SSSR Swimsuit.

Gacha?

Gacha games are basically japanese lootbox games. SSSR Swimsuit is probably some very rare costume for some waifu character you're only likely to get after you open a ton of lootboxes

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32370 on: July 21, 2019, 06:24:56 PM »

I told you, he's a magician holding seven different viewpoints once he goes into overdrive.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #32371 on: July 21, 2019, 06:25:17 PM »
Cerium is a Centrist. he doesnt want to ban disucssion on any big brands or big youtubers because he wants that sweet seo ranking from people talking about them all the time.
never heard of this Cerium dude, are you sure you know what you're talking about, because ResetERA.com is an LLC, that means nobody owns it like happened with NeoGAF.com LLC where Evilore owned it and forced the mods to slave for free to oppress the women and minorities (except Steve Youngblood who was paid in Blood For The Blood God™ and worked only in mysterious ways)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32372 on: July 21, 2019, 06:26:54 PM »
At this point, we should have an OT for people to discuss every little thing they're concerned with in the world of YouTube while the rest of us can discuss the actual videos in the weekly threads without having to worry about derails.

You mean a forum ghetto ? :yikes

https://www.resetera.com/threads/girlfriend-reviews-should-your-boyfriend-play-grand-theft-auto-5.130225/post-22952879
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #32373 on: July 21, 2019, 06:28:18 PM »
that reminds me:
Hangout Threads

When a thread has been moved to the Hangouts it will usually have built up a community of regulars. These threads can sometimes develop a culture of their own; for this reason we allow members in those threads a little more leeway in regards to banter and similar behavior with each other. Please be aware however that the rules of the forum still apply and that every thread must be welcoming to newcomers. Do not use community threads to snipe at staff or other members.

benjipwns

« Reply #32374 on: July 21, 2019, 06:30:45 PM »
Violent video games don't normalize bigotry, unlike "alt-right" ideologies.

If such ideas were harmless as you say, then the christchurch shooter wouldn't have existed. His violence was motivated by all the hateful memes, conspiracy theories, and videos that dehumanize marginalized groups.
well hold on now... CDPR is still out there, along with the rest of Poland, this doesn't have to be an either-or thing

paprikastaude

« Reply #32375 on: July 21, 2019, 06:44:02 PM »
Quote from: Master Alucard, post: 22951733, member: 22815
why are you all surprised? jack mentioned pdp before in his video, he also got one of his chairs

You scrubs, I already know who's a nazi by listening to what chair a person is mentioning in videos.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #32376 on: July 21, 2019, 06:44:53 PM »
Okay, I'm gonna ask you kindly to put yourself in another person's shoes.

Imagine being a Jewish person, and seeing Pewdiepie signal boost a Youtube channel filled with mostly anti-semitic videos.

Imagine being a Muslim, and finding out that the New Zealand terrorist attacker was a fan of Pewdiepie.

Imagine being a black person, and being constantly told that Pewdiepie's usage of the N-word was justified.

It's ridiculous to think kindness should come first in these scenarios. Your real feelings should come first, not kindness.
Imagine being a Jewish person and seeing Resetera call for the destruction of Israel on a daily basis.

Imagine being a vulnerable YouTube personality with documented mental health issues and bring incessantly bullied and "cancelled" by Resetera members until you kill yourself.

Imagine being a b-grade celebrity and participating in your own hate-crime and nobody but Resetera believes that you were an innocent victim in Chicago "MAGA country" Illinois.
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #32377 on: July 21, 2019, 06:47:40 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/wkd-box-office-7%E2%80%A219-21%E2%80%A219-the-king-returns-to-claim-record-july-ow-as-the-box-office-drowns-in-fudge.130303/post-22944584
OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION
As an important reminder, Box Office threads should be a chill environment for people to talk about movies and the box office. This week in particular we would like to stress a few specific things. As a general request for this week:

-Please keep all conversations about avatar bets out of this thread. If you want to talk about avatar bets, there is a specific thread for that.

These are general site rules which we're asking you to pay special attention to this week:

-Please do not use this thread to complain about moderation or others in any way, shape or form.

-In the spirit of being a chill place, please avoid being hostile, making hyperbolic statements or engaging in toxic fanboy behavior.

Please do your part by not engaging in these behaviors. If you see someone engaging in these behaviors in this thread, please file a report. Thanks.

This thread got mowed down:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/partnered-twitch-streamer-alinity-chucks-cat-over-her-head-mid-apex-match-also-spits-vodka-into-her-cats-mouth.129982/post-22901119
OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION
After further consideration, we're going to reopen the thread and give it a chance to produce good discussion. Please stay focused on the videos (stay on topic) and animal welfare.

Take care to avoid posting controversial sources, particularly from social media. Even those that are not banned outright tend to lead to distraction and derailment.
but
Do Not Create: Shock Threads

These are threads about news or content that is just disgusting and/or shocking, with little potential for discussion other than outrage. Nobody gains anything from these threads and you should not make them.
Check Your Sources

If you are citing any sources (including articles or videos) while creating a thread, please scrutinize them to make sure that they are reliable ones. Try not to create threads based on random tweets, conspiracy theories, tabloids, or other questionable sources. If you are unfamiliar with a source, take the time to do research and determine whether it is reliable before posting it. If the source you were looking at proves unsuitable, search for an alternative that might be more acceptable. If no reliable source can be found, the premise of the thread itself may need to be reconsidered. If a source is reliable but not well known, make sure that you explain why it should be taken seriously. We reserve the right to lock threads about controversial public figures whose views we may not want to signal boost or provide a platform for.
I'm so confused about what the General Guide tells me to enforce as Mod Admi-, er I mean as a totally non-involved observer who absolutely has no power or say in ResetERA.com's moderation or staff policies.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #32378 on: July 21, 2019, 07:13:46 PM »
This isn't hard to understand, benji.
©@©™

Boredfrom

« Reply #32379 on: July 21, 2019, 07:18:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/girlfriend-reviews-should-your-boyfriend-play-grand-theft-auto-5.130225/post-22952722
Enough of this back-and-forth. Move on and focus on the topic of the review. Thank you.

What?  A mod saying you are not allowed to discuss the bigotry and racism displayed by the content creators?  They are only allowed to discuss the review and ignore who made it?

Looks like Girl/Boyfriend reviews are protected or some shit.

They were shilled hard before they revealed being “centrist scum”. It would not be surprising that some mod knows the YT creators.

benjipwns

« Reply #32380 on: July 21, 2019, 07:18:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/leftist-animes.130379/
The anime fandom is known to be full of nazis, so lets post here animes that have a leftist PoV/message to break this image and to serve as a recomendation to anyone that doesnt want to watch animes that normalize slavery or opression.

Here's 2(3) popular animes:

Fullmetal alchemist

Why? Both the old and New series have a very direct and open message against fascism, where one of the good guys wants to democratize the country, there's even a movie that Hitler appears and he's arrested.

One Piece

Why? The anime shows the exploitation of poor and opressed people, slavery, tyrany etc... And the heroes fights against that.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-nerd-culture-so-tone-deaf.130377/
We all know about the bigotry in nerd culture and one of the things that surprises me to why it is a thing is because much of the media sends messages that are literally the opposite of that. I mean, X-men is about fighting discrimination and so many of these shows/heroes preach the message of fighting for what's right or not judging people based on who they are. So I'm just baffled to why so many people in nerd culture don't emulate the values of the shows/people they admire

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #32381 on: July 21, 2019, 07:22:11 PM »
Benji, do you remember that "why anime is not right wing" thread where people posted longer and longer careposts that no one else read? :lawd
每天生气

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #32382 on: July 21, 2019, 07:22:30 PM »
For talks sake;

If the next 'Hitler' style genocidal dictator was arab or black...would people oppose them or would they fear being branded a racist?

If you look at the rise of dictators in the early 20th century, when they got the foot in the door, they made it quite difficult to disagree with them from use of secret police and social changes (super-simplified example).

Could we see the rise of the next Hitler and have people be afraid to speak out because of his/her gender/skin colour and use Twitter et al as the secret police to ruin peoples' livelihoods?

It's fun and games for now but...I don't want to be involved with another holocaust.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/rasmussen-32-of-democrats-polled-believe-any-white-politician-criticizing-a-poc-politician-is-racist.1493815/post-254918821

Really makes you think.
Fish<

benjipwns

« Reply #32383 on: July 21, 2019, 07:25:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/double-jointed-i-need-your-advice.130142/
So I recently noticed my 8 year old son is double jointed, at least partially. His elbows for example can bend at least 10 degrees past straight, same with his finger joints. I am kinda worried that it increases his risk of injuries, I have started him on training to do push-ups but when I see him lock his arms backwards at 10 degrees when at full extension it immediately gives me a queezy feeling and reminds me of those ghastly leg press accident videos. So if you are double jointed is there anything I need to be aware of, or things I need to teach him?
rip in piece dudes kid

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #32384 on: July 21, 2019, 07:26:43 PM »
and... milkshake ducked

tbh - sideeyed them when JB did stuff with justin roiland, guess it's time to unsub and move on
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-jack-black-jablinski-games-doing-a-charity-stream-with-pewdiepie.130312/post-22954253

And Roiland is canceled because he associates with Jontron. It's like one big domino chain of canceled by association.

paprikastaude

« Reply #32385 on: July 21, 2019, 07:28:24 PM »
Is there actual animes that downplay slavery, or is this another reee fantasy like the supposed endless amount of games that illustrate rape? Or when posters claim that they protected their totally real minority and female friends at some convention from an onslaught of harassers.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 07:34:20 PM by Spieler1 »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #32386 on: July 21, 2019, 07:28:58 PM »
For talks sake;

If the next 'Hitler' style genocidal dictator was arab or black...would people oppose them or would they fear being branded a racist?

If you look at the rise of dictators in the early 20th century, when they got the foot in the door, they made it quite difficult to disagree with them from use of secret police and social changes (super-simplified example).

Could we see the rise of the next Hitler and have people be afraid to speak out because of his/her gender/skin colour and use Twitter et al as the secret police to ruin peoples' livelihoods?

It's fun and games for now but...I don't want to be involved with another holocaust.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/rasmussen-32-of-democrats-polled-believe-any-white-politician-criticizing-a-poc-politician-is-racist.1493815/post-254918821

Really makes you think.

I'm anti-holocaust btw

benjipwns

« Reply #32387 on: July 21, 2019, 07:30:18 PM »
Benji, do you remember that "why anime is not right wing" thread where people posted longer and longer careposts that no one else read? :lawd
is it this? https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-anti-anime-left-is-garbage-and-heres-why-dont-let-the-alt-right-claim-anime-stuff-about-orientalism.97504/

OP is banned, lots of Kitsunelaine, something about incel manifestos
Quote from: Kitsunelaine
Again: It's not my job to educate people. I can't teach somebody who doesn't already have the desire to learn. I can't force someone to do something they don't already want to do. I would much rather take a hardline stance.
Unironically calling Shield Hero an incel fantasy. Have you even watched several episodes or read very many chapters?
I don't care about the bad reactions I get from people who are liking an incel slavery revenge fantasy manifesto. Their opinions are basically worthless to me.

Reading through this thread it's pretty disturbing many users are defending shield hero.
Disturbing but sadly not unexpected.

benjipwns

« Reply #32388 on: July 21, 2019, 07:33:05 PM »
Well that's cause for the audience, home is Japanese adult life. It's a depressing, oppressive hellhole for everyone but the lucky or privileged.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #32389 on: July 21, 2019, 07:33:07 PM »
and... milkshake ducked

tbh - sideeyed them when JB did stuff with justin roiland, guess it's time to unsub and move on
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-jack-black-jablinski-games-doing-a-charity-stream-with-pewdiepie.130312/post-22954253

And Roiland is canceled because he associates with Jontron. It's like one big domino chain of canceled by association.

It's not that they're canceled, it's that those associations help support the people we actually have a problem with.

And some of us don't want to support people who don't consider that an issue.
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #32390 on: July 21, 2019, 07:35:52 PM »
Is there actual animes that downplay slavery, or is this another reee fantasy like the supposed endless amount of games that illustrate rape? Or when posters claim that they protected their totally real minority and female friends at some convention from an onslaught of harassers.

it's not always slavery

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/terra-formars-manga-about-human-looking-cockroaches-is-getting-a-live-action-movie.989003/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/attack-on-titan-has-characters-analogous-to-the-jewish-and-that-annoys-me-massive-manga-spoilers.24832/
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #32391 on: July 21, 2019, 07:38:16 PM »
look all i'm saying is let me start arbitrarily banning random things until the metrics drop under expectations that we were tracking before release so we can start getting good data on exactly how much the users actually will take while maintaining posting numbers

benjipwns

« Reply #32392 on: July 21, 2019, 07:39:53 PM »
Something I've long wondered is why more people aren't more like X-Men.

paprikastaude

« Reply #32393 on: July 21, 2019, 07:40:11 PM »
and... milkshake ducked

nazism just like anti-disneyism (which is basically the same thing) is a disease that can only be defeated by complete deplatforming. and then loudly proclaiming how your deplatforming works. if someone on youtube promotes the same chair as pewdiepie and you aren't starting to boycott, then the damage is already done.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #32394 on: July 21, 2019, 07:41:18 PM »
again if deplatforming works so well then why are these people a constant thorn in era's side and often seem to only grow in popularity and influence
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #32395 on: July 21, 2019, 07:42:14 PM »
i see what you're saying, we can't totally deplatform someone or else others won't know just how much they've been deplatformed

so actually the worst people must be deplatformed the least, thus why fifty trump threads a week and especially one for literally anytime he makes more than two consecutive tweets

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #32396 on: July 21, 2019, 07:43:34 PM »
Why isn't Jack Black canceled anyway for making a movie with Kevin Hart?

And why isn't marvel canceled for casting cultural appropriator Awkafina? RE you're slipping.

benjipwns

« Reply #32397 on: July 21, 2019, 07:47:38 PM »
In 1982, Black first acted in a television commercial at age 13 for the video game Pitfall!
yikes, longterm Gamer, should have seen this coming

Thomas Jacob "Jack" Black
more like Jake Black

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #32398 on: July 21, 2019, 07:48:31 PM »
Something I've long wondered is why more people aren't more like X-Men.

I mean, I guess if wolverine spent all fucking day on twitter shit talking how when moon knight didn't condemn the brotherhood of evil mutants strongly enough means hes probably a member, or at least a sympathiser, and criticising how jean grey dresses like a slut with exposed femoral arteries maybe that analogy would be stronger.

paprikastaude

« Reply #32399 on: July 21, 2019, 07:49:38 PM »

it's not always slavery

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/terra-formars-manga-about-human-looking-cockroaches-is-getting-a-live-action-movie.989003/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/attack-on-titan-has-characters-analogous-to-the-jewish-and-that-annoys-me-massive-manga-spoilers.24832/

So that's two exempels. But One Piece is deemed good and that one has the same plot as every other shonen series and also every JRPG. So my animu isn't inherently evil? :thinking Has god activist crossingeden been lying to me? :stahp