Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3795302 times)

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #37320 on: August 12, 2019, 04:57:09 PM »
There’s a Brown Bunny scene....
https://www.resetera.com/threads/great-scenes-where-actors-demonstrated-their-real-life-talents-other-than-acting.134112/post-23493135
User Banned (1 Day): Inappropriate Commentary

No👏Fun👏Allowed👏

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #37321 on: August 12, 2019, 05:02:06 PM »

Coffee Dog

« Reply #37322 on: August 12, 2019, 05:31:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/great-scenes-where-actors-demonstrated-their-real-life-talents-other-than-acting.134112/post-23493135

No👏Fun👏Allowed👏

I do hate that fucking ban, it's a half decent joke reply and what is inappropriate about it? She wasn't coerced. She just consensually blew her boyfriend onscreen. It's just a joke that references the existence of oral sex. :lol

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #37323 on: August 12, 2019, 05:34:56 PM »

No👏Fun👏Allowed👏

Nice... hey it made me laugh.

:yikes

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #37324 on: August 12, 2019, 05:37:13 PM »

No👏Fun👏Allowed👏

I do hate that fucking ban, it's a half decent joke reply and what is inappropriate about it? She wasn't coerced. She just consensually blew her boyfriend onscreen. It's just a joke that references the existence of oral sex. :lol

no.  She was self-slutting.  Like that girl at E3 who was self-asianing.

It's disgusting what men force these women to do
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #37325 on: August 12, 2019, 05:50:09 PM »
:lol

That Sarah Silverman thread

omg
 I can't wait to see this
sigh

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #37326 on: August 12, 2019, 05:55:36 PM »
Is anyone curating a list of Resetera canceled celebrities? I guess we're adding Sarah Silverman to the list, but it would be good to know who not to like so I don't inadvertently get banned.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sarah-silverman-says-she-was-fired-from-a-movie-for-an-old-blackface-sketch.134496/post-23547804

well now that you mention it

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #37327 on: August 12, 2019, 05:55:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sarah-silverman-says-she-was-fired-from-a-movie-for-an-old-blackface-sketch.134496/post-23548085
cancel culture doesn’t exist.

lol. everything that is bad about the things this forum loves doesn't exist.

"The Alt-left doesn't exist"
"Outrage culture doesn't exist"
"SJW's don't exist"
etc.

Saying something doesn't exist doesn't suddenly make it so, you dorks.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #37328 on: August 12, 2019, 05:57:49 PM »
I’m ok with canceling Sarah Silverman over this shit. If we don’t hold ourselves to high standards the Right will be have more credence when they screech “persecution”

:huh
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #37329 on: August 12, 2019, 05:59:43 PM »
Wait, you can get banned for liking someone some folks on here decided to 'cancel'?

The fuck? You're joking right?

As surprising as a finger in the ass !
ὕβρις

Potato

• Senior's Member
Spud

clothedmacuser

« Reply #37331 on: August 12, 2019, 06:03:53 PM »
Era: Cancel culture doesn't exist.  It's an invention of the alt-right

Same thread

Era: I'm canceling her now

:nugenix

sigh

Boredfrom

« Reply #37332 on: August 12, 2019, 06:10:31 PM »
L Thammy, a unfunny asshat, speaks:

I don't really have an opinion one way or another on modern Silverman. What I think is weird thought is... the job of comedians is to get a certain reaction from us. If we like that they make us laugh, we keep following them and giving them money. If we like that they make us think, we keep following them and giving them money. Their success depends on understanding how the audience reactions to different things and building the desired reaction based on that. If they're good at doing that we declare them to be a good comedian.

So, then, if a comedian makes a joke it results in them getting deemed as a racist, I don't why comedy suddenly distances them from their reaction. Isn't that just them failing at comedy? They wanted people to laugh and see them as insightful, but they ended up getting this other response instead. Doesn't that just mean that they failed to understand how people react properly?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #37333 on: August 12, 2019, 06:11:17 PM »
So you're allowed to change but they're not?

Saw this coming a mile off
People don’t choose what they find funny
Comedians with their own shows DO choose what jokes they tell and which sketches the run

That's a pretty bold statement, especially on ERA.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sarah-silverman-says-she-was-fired-from-a-movie-for-an-old-blackface-sketch.134496/post-23548371
ὕβρις

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #37334 on: August 12, 2019, 06:11:29 PM »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #37335 on: August 12, 2019, 06:14:18 PM »
Their refusal to admit that cancel culture is even a thing is so funny. Like it'd be a great moment for some self reflection, but no, they're God's perfect beings.
It's funny that a forum that permanently bans people by the thousands doesn't believe cancel culture exists.

Particularly because even discussing one of the banned celebrities is enough to cop a ban...and don't even consider discussing the moderation cancelling users, that will get you banned too.
Spud

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #37337 on: August 12, 2019, 06:20:28 PM »
She really was emblematic of that whole super-problematic "post-comedy" movement

Super-problematic !  :social

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sarah-silverman-says-she-was-fired-from-a-movie-for-an-old-blackface-sketch.134496/post-23549015
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #37338 on: August 12, 2019, 06:25:25 PM »
Deplatforming works ! Not that we would know because we've never deplatformed anyone actually.
ὕβρις

Propagandhim

« Reply #37339 on: August 12, 2019, 06:26:59 PM »
Their refusal to admit that cancel culture is even a thing is so funny. Like it'd be a great moment for some self reflection, but no, they're God's perfect beings.

(Image removed from quote.)

RedMercury spends a LOT of time creating threads and seeding the idea that the bad things they do aren't actually real.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sarah-silverman-says-she-was-fired-from-a-movie-for-an-old-blackface-sketch.134496/post-23548232

https://www.resetera.com/threads/youre-only-apologizing-because-you-got-caught.130315/post-22953138
https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-we-admit-outrage-culture-is-an-anti-progressive-dog-whistle.101958/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lets-talk-about-the-mostly-false-idea-of-purity-tests.111689/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bari-weiss-bemoans-woke-orthodoxy-on-real-time.28622/page-3#post-5420420
https://www.resetera.com/threads/chris-rock-ricky-gervais-and-louis-ck-casually-using-the-n-word-seinfield-abstains-clip-from-2011.88923/post-16236185
https://www.resetera.com/threads/forever-21-got-roasted-for-featuring-a-white-model-in-a-%E2%80%9Cwakanda-forever%E2%80%9D-black-panther-sweater.88248/post-16138721
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-everyday-sexism-i-face-as-a-stay-at-home-dad-matthew-jenkin-father-explains.55508/post-10412757

RedMercury is REE's propaganda minister.  :doge

You missed the best ones in the Smollett thread.

"It was impossible to know beforehand that he was bullshitting everyone - only a racist would have thought he was lying about the attack."

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnn-new-evidence-suggests-jussie-smollett-orchestrated-attack-check-threadmarks-staff-posts-update-now-a-suspect.100144/page-6#post-17995059

When people have an issue with the rules or moderation decisions they are asked to send it via PM.

Nice try.

They weren't banned because they were wrong or right, they were banned for victim blaming when all we knew was Jussie had been attacked. Maybe not the best hill to die on.

Victim blaming is victim blaming. At that point (and even up to now) there was still a lot up in the air and it was wrong of people to cast doubt. That's all there is to it.

Victim blaming has always been against the rules/not tolerated here though.

nudemacusers

« Reply #37340 on: August 12, 2019, 06:49:02 PM »
Thread is now at the “alt right adjacent infestation” accusation stage; which is funny since there aren’t any alt righters, just virulent centrist pedophiles.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #37341 on: August 12, 2019, 06:51:29 PM »
Between this and the telescope thread resetera users are going to run out of people to report.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

stufte

« Reply #37342 on: August 12, 2019, 06:51:47 PM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #37343 on: August 12, 2019, 06:57:14 PM »
Okay, I watched that skit because someone linked it in that topic.

That blackface reveal is fucking hilarious :trumps
So is the follow-up where the old man tells her she's going to bell and she makes a comment about how cruel white people are.

How the fuck are people in that topic missing the joke that badly?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #37344 on: August 12, 2019, 06:57:47 PM »
Between this and the telescope thread resetera users are going to run out of people to report.

Good thing they only give all the sexist, pedophile, alt-right, warmongering, rape apologists a one week ban.
©@©™

stufte

« Reply #37345 on: August 12, 2019, 06:59:10 PM »

Good thing they only give all the sexist, pedophile, alt-right, warmongering, rape apologists a one week ban.

It's their catch and release program. Otherwise the VIP members would have no one to report.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #37346 on: August 12, 2019, 07:22:08 PM »

It's their catch and release program. Otherwise the VIP members would have no one to report.

if every ban they've made so far was a perm the whole forum would just be the bct, the kree, and redmercury going
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #37347 on: August 12, 2019, 07:42:00 PM »
merc is too smart for the mods and era.

Let's dispel with this fiction that red merc doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing

This notion that red merc doesn't know what he's doing is just not true. He knows exactly what he's doing.

I think anyone who believes that red merc isn't doing what he's doing on purpose doesn't understand what we're dealing with here. Okay?

---

mm more dunks

Boredfrom

« Reply #37348 on: August 12, 2019, 07:45:01 PM »
Chinese Bots at it again

Yeah i know. But some people are acting like they’re sitting outside of tsz w

Yeah i know. But some people are acting like they’re sitting outside of tsz wan shan instead if a completely different city. I feel like when China is preparing to do something they’ll move way closer to downtown.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/massive-chinese-armored-police-convoy-mobilizing-towards-hong-kong-beijing-based-military-expert-says-its-only-for-drills.134513/page-2#post-23550718

Yeah i know. But some people are acting like they’re sitting outside of tsz wan shan instead if a completely different city. I feel like when China is preparing to do something they’ll move way closer to downtown

https://www.resetera.com/threads/massive-chinese-armored-police-convoy-mobilizing-towards-hong-kong-beijing-based-military-expert-says-its-only-for-drills.134513/page-2#post-23550752

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #37349 on: August 12, 2019, 07:55:44 PM »
Those protesters are about to taste Chinese Justice. For real though good luck to them, I'm guessing China will have no qualms about crushing them.
This gentleman sounds really devastated that China is about to roll tanks over protesters.

Anyway, they can try and see how that works out for them in the age of social media.
Even Russia is having a hard time with their crackdown in Moscow now demanding Google to censor and delete footage of the protests.
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #37350 on: August 12, 2019, 07:57:00 PM »
 :brain

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #37351 on: August 12, 2019, 07:57:28 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #37352 on: August 12, 2019, 07:59:07 PM »
Thread is now at the “alt right adjacent infestation” accusation stage; which is funny since there aren’t any alt righters, just virulent

:drudge centrist :drudge pedophiles.

Resetera: :jeanluc

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #37353 on: August 12, 2019, 08:05:15 PM »
Tripon, I'm worried about you. You're getting so good at finding this shit that I'm worried your frontal lobe is going to completely melt, just like the late benjipwns.
每天生气

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 08:12:36 PM by bork »
ど助平

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #37356 on: August 12, 2019, 08:14:09 PM »
Tripon, I'm worried about you. You're getting so good at finding this shit that I'm worried your frontal lobe is going to completely melt, just like the late benjipwns.

I just went back to work since summer vacation is mostly over. I'll have way less time finding crazy shit and just dealing with my work schedule full time soon enough.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #37357 on: August 12, 2019, 08:34:11 PM »
... well I'm out. At least I got food for later.

was he referring to hisself in third person?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #37358 on: August 12, 2019, 08:47:26 PM »
So two seperate mods in that sarah silverman topic are saying blackface in always sunny is fine, because The Gang are horrible people and you're meant to be laughing at them...

The other was legit horrible people being extra horrible.

The cast of Always Sunny are horrible god awful people. You're generally laughing at The Gang rather than with them but some people simply don't like black comedy.

but if you watch this clip...

where the sarah silverman character:
 - is turned away from the club, and immediately declares that its because its a hate crime, not because shes not a member
 - instantly starts playing oppression olympics with a stranger
 - gets called out by passerbys as a fucking horrible person, and calls them racist, because she thinks they're viewing her as an actual black person, (and they're obviously not) not judging her on her actual shitty behaviour

and I'm wondering.. do they... do they NOT think that those are the actions of a horrible person, and that the jokes on her?

Because... that actually explains a fucking whole bunch of era moderation policies
:ohhh

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #37359 on: August 12, 2019, 08:52:43 PM »
This ends exactly how you would expect it to.
On r/thatHappened?

Propagandhim

« Reply #37361 on: August 12, 2019, 09:02:50 PM »
careful blame space, he has your email address and IP.  You don't know what a man with no morales will do.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #37363 on: August 12, 2019, 09:47:21 PM »
Excuse me, but are you suggesting that Twitter user D-Piddy would make up a story like that just for Likes and Retweets???
dog

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy

Leadbelly

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #37366 on: August 12, 2019, 10:16:26 PM »

No👏Fun👏Allowed👏
Resetera.com is the only place on the internet where the average age is 35 but no one is allowed to talk about any adult subjects.
每天生气

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #37367 on: August 12, 2019, 10:34:33 PM »
ど助平

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #37368 on: August 12, 2019, 11:09:10 PM »

No👏Fun👏Allowed👏
Resetera.com is the only place on the internet where the average age is 35 but no one is allowed to talk about any adult subjects.

It's weird how they are sex-positive, unless it's from a man

clothedmacuser

« Reply #37369 on: August 13, 2019, 01:29:20 AM »
This thread seems to have devolved into metacommentary on whether users should forgive Silverman for her blackface sketch or not. As such, the thread is locked.

haha, cowards.  If you were to cancel Silverman for her blackface you would have to cancel everyone.  Always sunny, The State, Kids in the Hall, Mr. Show, 30 Rock, MCU, everyone on SNL.  The amount of comedians who did blackface in the 90's and 2000's, is astounding.  But a women jew does it and suddenly it's and issue. 

She doesn't even support Israel. 

But the point is if you cancelled everyone who did blackface in the past 20 years you would "optics" as a uptight loser.  And nobody on Era is like that so they have to pretend that all the other times blackface is done it's "funny," it's just this one time it's problematic even if they haven't seen it.
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #37370 on: August 13, 2019, 01:34:20 AM »
Wait, what sunny did wasn't blackface. Unless you're referring to a different instance than the episode I'm thinking of.

Imagine the morals and balls you must lack to act upset about blackface only when it's from a person you don't like and say it's fine otherwise.

The most disgusting act one can commit is fine as long as it's done by one of your ingroup.  That is fucking low.  Even for a Era person.

Edit:  Forgot to post this earlier

« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 01:47:21 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #37371 on: August 13, 2019, 01:49:24 AM »
The most important part is what movie was it? As far as i'm concerned whatever person or studio made that decision should have to stand by it publicly.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Bore Expert

« Reply #37373 on: August 13, 2019, 02:33:12 AM »
Era hasn’t been funny since the Jussie hate crime and the Last Jedi threads. Blame space is the most washed up Gaf celeb of them all.

:success

clothedmacuser

sigh

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #37376 on: August 13, 2019, 03:16:30 AM »
Is it ever? The entire 90s/00s being filled with media that all said "Both sides have a point/are wrong!" is partly the reason why we are in the current political climate.

:brain

https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-we-should-definitely-read-the-script-for-damon-lindelofs-now-canceled-the-hunt-right.134164/post-23521770
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #37377 on: August 13, 2019, 03:26:48 AM »
Watching the trailer after reading the script, this shit is hilarious. Its obviously a hokey B movie, and it has a lot of my favorite actors, but damn this is just not the political climate to be releasing some both sides bullshit like this.

It's never the "right political climate", you sweet summer child.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #37378 on: August 13, 2019, 03:38:49 AM »
Also if I'm following it all correctly.

Traditional videogame narratives : Gateway Gamergate power fantasies feeding toxic white cis males into precious snowflakes with a superiority complex and ultimately mass shooters.

Moral ambiguity in fiction : Helped Trump get elected fostering white cis males into ultimately becoming mass shooters.

Satire : Might be misunderstood, taken the wrong way and be inspirational to white cis males into ultimately becoming mass shooters.

:social2
ὕβρις

Snoopycat_

« Reply #37379 on: August 13, 2019, 05:45:20 AM »
A Gaf novelist somehow manages to completely miss the point of a 4 sentence tweet

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/mike-bithell-games-are-art-but-dont-critique-them-lets-rant.1497163/