Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3798209 times)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #37980 on: August 17, 2019, 04:39:16 PM »
I'm on the bus heading downtown and there's a fascist with a "blue lives matter" shirt. Why are these jerks in my city? Why can't they just leave us alone?
Be safe.

wow, stay s- oh, goddammit it

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #37982 on: August 17, 2019, 04:49:50 PM »
I'm on the bus heading downtown and there's a fascist with a "blue lives matter" shirt. Why are these jerks in my city? Why can't they just leave us alone?
Be safe.

wow, stay s- oh, goddammit it
Be the change you wish to see, OniLinkPlus.

benjipwns

« Reply #37983 on: August 17, 2019, 04:52:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ion-fury-devs-show-signs-of-transphobia-among-other-issues-update-voidpoint-twitter-responds.135368/post-23676505
Quote from: Kyuuji
Aren you seriously going to come in here, drop a hot take that shows you haven’t even read the OP or the thread and then proceed to play the victim and make the thread about you?
this is ResetERA.com yes?

benjipwns

« Reply #37984 on: August 17, 2019, 04:54:30 PM »
So the newest dev under fire is cancelled because they said that parents shouldn't identify their young children as trans before they even know what that means. How in the world is this at all controversial or transphobic? They're really proving him right with the "some SJW's are crazy".
doesn't the fake developer look stupid now: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ion-fury-devs-show-signs-of-transphobia-among-other-issues-update-voidpoint-twitter-responds.135368/post-23677419
Quote from: Morrigan
This is truly incredible stuff.

To summarize for people who can't be arsed to read the whole thing (I don't blame them):

- We have two people in that Discord that are patiently trying to educate this dev about trans issues
- They try to explain gender dysphoria, how transitioning works, puberty blockers, etc., and post resources and links.
- Meanwhile you have this horrible bigot (not the dev) peddling transphobic bullshit and myths about suicide rates, and even saying trans kids should be "beaten into being rational" and linking to far-right resources.
- The dev not only ignores the bigot posting that gross shit and never calls them out...
- The dev is not even remotely receptive to what the other two are saying;
- The dev continues to post ridiculous, debunked myths, such as "laws forcing kids to go through surgery", puberty blockers causing infertility and even making your bits disappear (??? how fucking stupid is this guy), etc.
- The dev constantly posts disingenuous nonsense like "I'm not an expert but <insert myth here>", "I don't know anything but I saw a doctor say this once"
- One of the two patient Discord member points out, "Yeah well we had a doctor saying vaccines cause autism so..."
- The dev basically says "sure you never know" in response to that (!)
- The dev then concludes, despite being given overwhelming evidence to the contrary, that that trans teenagers must be killing themselves because they transitioned too early.

Even tl;dr shorter summary:
- The dev is transphobic
- The dev ignores all information and resources that could educate him;
- The dev continues being transphobic and also posted anti-vaxx talking points as a bonus.

And then you have people saying we should take the time to educate these bigots and not be too mean to them. Well, here you go folks, those are the results.

benjipwns

« Reply #37985 on: August 17, 2019, 04:55:16 PM »
Smh knowing a ton of Era members will see this thread and still buy the game and suppport the devs.
What really makes me mad is some members coming in and not only downplaying the things that devs did, they also get mad at the idea of review bombing the game or criticizing it.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #37986 on: August 17, 2019, 04:55:34 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #37987 on: August 17, 2019, 04:58:37 PM »
Smh knowing a ton of Era members will see this thread and still buy the game and suppport the devs.
What really makes me mad is some members coming in and not only downplaying the things that devs did, they also get mad at the idea of review bombing the game or criticizing it.

One of the worst things is when people conflate exposing Nazis and white supremacists with review bombing.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #37988 on: August 17, 2019, 05:01:29 PM »
stufte's favorite neo-nazi is going to launch another transphobic attack on the center of the gaming industry like they did when they literally murdered all game journalists who attended E3

https://twitter.com/SophNar0747/status/1162741164312805376

venereology

« Reply #37989 on: August 17, 2019, 05:06:07 PM »
Not everyone has to react to everything the same way you do. You do know this right? Serious question as a follow-up: did you watch, actually sit and watch, the what, 3-hour Netflix special where he actually dove into trans as a subject matter at some length? How familiar with this material are you? Not the one where he's on two feet, the long one where he's sitting on a stool
the staggering fucking ignorance, condescension, and privilege of this post, holy shit. You're asking me if I watched the guy who questions my right to exist in full? are you fucking serious? I'm livid at this garbage you just spewed in my direction. Never talk to me again. Do not reply to this post. Go and reflect on this hateful shit you just asked me. So you know not to bother, you're on my ignore list now.

lmao this can't be real

Himu

« Reply #37990 on: August 17, 2019, 05:07:09 PM »
stufte's favorite neo-nazi is going to launch another transphobic attack on the center of the gaming industry like they did when they literally murdered all game journalists who attended E3

https://twitter.com/SophNar0747/status/1162741164312805376

what a white supremacist
IYKYK

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #37991 on: August 17, 2019, 05:07:59 PM »
It seems like only 6 months ago era were deeply concerned about review bombing tactics, because of all the developers whose games got tarred by shitheads pushing a political agenda completely extrinsic to the actual game.

Oh, wait, it was only fucking 5.

benjipwns

« Reply #37992 on: August 17, 2019, 05:08:13 PM »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #37993 on: August 17, 2019, 05:09:41 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #37994 on: August 17, 2019, 05:12:17 PM »
Someone send her this.
the staggering fucking ignorance, condescension, and privilege of this post, holy shit. are you fucking serious? I'm livid at this garbage you just spewed in my direction.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #37996 on: August 17, 2019, 05:14:27 PM »
Not everyone has to react to everything the same way you do. You do know this right? Serious question as a follow-up: did you watch, actually sit and watch, the what, 3-hour Netflix special where he actually dove into trans as a subject matter at some length? How familiar with this material are you? Not the one where he's on two feet, the long one where he's sitting on a stool
the staggering fucking ignorance, condescension, and privilege of this post, holy shit. You're asking me if I watched the guy who questions my right to exist in full? are you fucking serious? I'm livid at this garbage you just spewed in my direction. Never talk to me again. Do not reply to this post. Go and reflect on this hateful shit you just asked me. So you know not to bother, you're on my ignore list now.

PogiJones

« Reply #37997 on: August 17, 2019, 05:29:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/portland-police-photoshop-mans-mugshot-to-make-him-look-more-like-bank-robber.135477/post-23676525

People continue to support it because “good” cops continually stay silent on incidents specifically like this. If you or anyone else wants that to change then the burden is on the institution and its employees to modify their behavior and not on us to modify our language as citizens beholden to the authority of that institution.

I know...it's the one thing there is no defending. But, unless they're top of the food chain in the station, what are they going to do/say without risking their jobs?
Leave and try and reform the police entirely because as you said if they ever stick their neck out for actual justice in any large case they're gonna be fucked over.

RE's guide to police reform:
1. Non-police can't do anything; only the police can change the police.
2. Supposed "good" cops (as if that exists) should leave and become non-police that can't do anything.

:brain

BisMarckie

« Reply #37998 on: August 17, 2019, 05:33:24 PM »
Benji and Pogi return on the same day :gopnik

#pluralgang

BisMarckie

« Reply #37999 on: August 17, 2019, 05:34:51 PM »

PogiJones

« Reply #38000 on: August 17, 2019, 05:35:52 PM »
How can a state that votes blue suck?

:rejoice

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #38001 on: August 17, 2019, 05:37:51 PM »
they really are a bunch of jessica yanivs over there  :lol

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #38002 on: August 17, 2019, 05:38:37 PM »
So the newest dev under fire is cancelled because they said that parents shouldn't identify their young children as trans before they even know what that means. How in the world is this at all controversial or transphobic? They're really proving him right with the "some SJW's are crazy".

I've seen some posts on RE where they talk about how this actually isn't a thing so... what's the issue? Shouldn't they then tell him that this is something that doesn't happen and nothing to get mad about? Because if it would happen it would of course be crazy.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38003 on: August 17, 2019, 05:43:02 PM »
benji is back
btw, sloppy job, knelt with extreme force my ass

If anyone is curious what Benji has been up to:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1161309922015010819

benjipwns

« Reply #38004 on: August 17, 2019, 05:48:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/portland-police-photoshop-mans-mugshot-to-make-him-look-more-like-bank-robber.135477/post-23676525

RE's guide to police reform:
1. Non-police can't do anything; only the police can change the police.
2. Supposed "good" cops (as if that exists) should leave and become non-police that can't do anything.

:brain
FACT CHECK:
Quote from: The Kree
Here's a headline we'd like to read:

"Overwhelming majority of cops agree to police reform"

Until that happens, it's fuck all cops. Decide what bothers you more and deal with it.

benjipwns

« Reply #38005 on: August 17, 2019, 05:49:48 PM »
I'm genuinely curious, not trying to be cheeky, but how would you change the Police Force?
Involve people from other fields in every aspect of police, every corner of the institution. There should be psychologists, sociologists, social workers, lawmakers, teachers... people from a variety of fields should be involved in an institution like this, not just people who went to the police academy. People who will raise an eyebrow if they see certain things that to a cop might seem normal, people who will ask why something is done a certain way or will point out what aspects are missing. Involve those people in the force and give them the opportunity to change things, big or small, starting with the training process.
:doge

BisMarckie

« Reply #38006 on: August 17, 2019, 05:51:12 PM »
We 👏 need 👏 more 👏 historians 👏 in 👏 the 👏 police 👏 force 👏 👏

benjipwns

« Reply #38007 on: August 17, 2019, 05:51:51 PM »
more lawmakers involved pls

BisMarckie

« Reply #38008 on: August 17, 2019, 05:53:03 PM »

There is Kamala :trumps

PogiJones

« Reply #38009 on: August 17, 2019, 05:56:59 PM »

Well yeah, then a blue state will become the paradise it very nearly is, if not for cops.

benjipwns

« Reply #38010 on: August 17, 2019, 05:58:17 PM »
I'm genuinely curious, not trying to be cheeky, but how would you change the Police Force?
If I could wave a magic wand to change anything I like, I’d probably eliminate the need for a police force to begin with. But since that wand doesn’t exist, it falls to individuals to decide with every interaction they make every day they’re on the job to place empathy and equality above institutional loyalty. That can mean anything from doing everything possible to deescalate a dangerous situation instead of reaching immediately for your gun to refusing to circle the wagons the moment it looks like a cop might face the slightest hint of consequence for their wrongdoing and instead calling out those abuses of power. If you’re a cop joining the force today, do that and try to convince your colleagues of the value in doing so until they fire you. Then you’ll have done all that could ever be expected of you and will have earned the elusive moniker of “good cop.” If you still really care after that, leverage your time on the force to lobby for institutional change from the outside.

Frankly I think the whole concept of community policing only really works in the fantasy where their ranks are selected from the very best among us to represent our noblest ideals, but that’s never going to be the case.
oh, well, thanks anyway

benjipwns

« Reply #38011 on: August 17, 2019, 06:00:21 PM »
the cops will be dead with the rest of us in under two decades anyway

spoiler (click to show/hide)
remember to vote
[close]

BisMarckie

« Reply #38012 on: August 17, 2019, 06:02:50 PM »
the cops will be dead with the rest of us in under two decades anyway

spoiler (click to show/hide)
remember to vote
[close]

How long does tap water keep?

Thinking of starting a small business when the planet becomes an unlivable hellscape if we don’t invade Brazil.

Boredfrom

« Reply #38013 on: August 17, 2019, 06:03:33 PM »
If I could wave a magic wand to change anything I like, I’d probably eliminate the need for a police force to begin with. But since that wand doesn’t exist, it falls to individuals to decide with every interaction they make every day they’re on the job to place empathy and equality above institutional loyalty. That can mean anything from doing everything possible to deescalate a dangerous situation instead of reaching immediately for your gun to refusing to circle the wagons the moment it looks like a cop might face the slightest hint of consequence for their wrongdoing and instead calling out those abuses of power. If you’re a cop joining the force today, do that and try to convince your colleagues of the value in doing so until they fire you. Then you’ll have done all that could ever be expected of you and will have earned the elusive moniker of “good cop.” If you still really care after that, leverage your time on the force to lobby for institutional change from the outside.

Frankly I think the whole concept of community policing only really works in the fantasy where their ranks are selected from the very best among us to represent our noblest ideals, but that’s never going to be the case.
oh, well, thanks anyway

The communities are not sending their best.

PogiJones

« Reply #38014 on: August 17, 2019, 06:03:58 PM »
And if you participate in an immoral institution, you are yourself by definition immoral.

:curious

benjipwns

« Reply #38015 on: August 17, 2019, 06:16:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-footage-of-prominent-era-member.135462/
Quote from: third reply
User Banned (5 days): Thread derailment, history of inflammatory generalizations

https://twitter.com/ladypalerider/status/1151121412960268288
:dead at the thread after this and banning them for it

BisMarckie

« Reply #38016 on: August 17, 2019, 06:19:02 PM »
Dont post this shite. It's a dumbass fake take that she took it to the extreme so the alt right can point it, mock how the "SJWs" sound and ridicule serious statements about race. :wag

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #38017 on: August 17, 2019, 06:21:04 PM »
its nice now beign half drunkn doesnt makec tghis topivc funnnnny. Post some fuvking funnyv shit you fucbking assgholeds ...

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38018 on: August 17, 2019, 06:23:21 PM »
Sigh... Normally, I steer clear of borderline non-gaming topics like this, but... you are wishing people could be decent while telling some other humans to "go fuck themselves" in the same breath. Please have some self-awareness and try to be more decent, in general.

I don't mean to just call you out; it's rampant pretty much everywhere online and is a bit exhausting
Telling bigots to fuck off is entirely acceptable. Your tone policing bullshit is not a useful contribution to this conversation.
:kermit
🤴

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #38019 on: August 17, 2019, 06:25:13 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38020 on: August 17, 2019, 06:26:43 PM »
I'm just going to point out that Kagoshima_Luke was previously banned for going into a thread about a woman being harassed and saying that we should treat "all men are trash" from her as equivalent to "all women are trash" from someone else (who isn't explicitly being harassed).
Cancel and Doxx this motherfucker :mynicca
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #38021 on: August 17, 2019, 06:27:58 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

this is amateur.. here's how you do it:

(Image removed from quote.)
thanks for censoring sui*ide like we used to when we were boycotting President of the United States Donald J* Trump

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38022 on: August 17, 2019, 06:28:18 PM »
Account suicides bitches

I know this place has fallen so much it’s become a Marxist echo chamber. They’ve defended pedo’s masquerading as trans, defended Antifar and only care about outrage.

I don’t give a fuck about somebody’s feelings trans or not and fuck off with this give up my liberty’s just so I can’t offend anyone, or heaven help me I assume somebody’s gender.

I often imagine that reset is like that DSA conference where the guy dressed like a superhero goes nuts because someone used gendered language OMG how fucking dare someone the word He/She.

Get a fucking life you bunch of SJW’s.

#trump2020
#getfukdera
#brexit forever

Btw the devs were right. Look at u all circle jerking with your hate boners haha this place is fucking stupid

:aah

Weak ass one though. No porn, no holomodor 3/10 for effort

its nice now beign half drunkn doesnt makec tghis topivc funnnnny. Post some fuvking funnyv shit you fucbking assgholeds ...
Just cracked open my first Hoegaarden. What are you having?
🤴

HaughtyFrank

benjipwns

« Reply #38024 on: August 17, 2019, 06:30:28 PM »

BisMarckie

« Reply #38025 on: August 17, 2019, 06:31:47 PM »
btw. I am in Poland right now. Kinda afraid to step out the door with CDPR poisoning the minds of the Ion Fury devs. What if I am next?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38026 on: August 17, 2019, 06:33:26 PM »
btw. I am in Poland right now. Kinda afraid to step out the door with CDPR poisoning the minds of the Ion Fury devs. What if I am next?
Planning another Gleiwitz I see  :teehee
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #38027 on: August 17, 2019, 06:34:42 PM »
have you tried finding a racist march and realizing that you loved the state all along?

benjipwns

« Reply #38028 on: August 17, 2019, 06:36:46 PM »
Hmm fascinating, I never thought I'd get to see the Alt-Right in it's natural habitat here.
>ban reason: account self destruction

loling out loud rn lmao

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38029 on: August 17, 2019, 06:36:49 PM »
Lol keep 'em coming. We gotta put out the bug zap light once in awhile.
:tophat :ussrcry
🤴

BisMarckie

« Reply #38030 on: August 17, 2019, 06:37:20 PM »
have you tried finding a racist march and realizing that you loved the state all along?

There are too many buildings that were clearly built during communist times. :maf
Peter said they tore them down.  :-\

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey

benjipwns

« Reply #38032 on: August 17, 2019, 06:39:45 PM »
https://twitter.com/ThisTransphobia/status/1162405570982240257

so like, don't actually kill yourself or anything, stay safe

BisMarckie

« Reply #38033 on: August 17, 2019, 06:40:35 PM »
There is a Bismarck monument in Stettin where they painted over a quote :maf

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38034 on: August 17, 2019, 06:41:00 PM »
https://twitter.com/ThisTransphobia/status/1162405570982240257

so like, don't actually kill yourself or anything, stay safe
So that's why Epstein killed himself  :fbm
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #38035 on: August 17, 2019, 06:42:45 PM »
they got any statutes of Henryk Walezy?

BisMarckie

« Reply #38036 on: August 17, 2019, 06:45:19 PM »
they got any statutes of Henryk Walezy?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #38037 on: August 17, 2019, 06:46:19 PM »
metacouncil is the best board because there's a lot of cute pet pictures being posted and the likes are plentiful. :rejoice  get with the times, bore grandpas.
:thinking :shaq
upon further consideration, likes just ain't the same unless they're coming from my brehs  8)

benjipwns

« Reply #38039 on: August 17, 2019, 06:52:01 PM »
my favorite part of these threads is the bigots who come out of the woodwork and defend shitty people

The incredible part is there are more people who liked or were excited by the game in question upset about this, meanwhile almost all of the defenders of the devs terrible behavior have demonstrated no interest or knowledge of the game.
uh, what

Quote from: Biestmann
'I haven't been following this, but [dismissive opinion]' is the natural response of the average bigot asshole.
the staggering fucking ignorance, condescension, and privilege of this post, holy shit.