Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3797529 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #38041 on: August 17, 2019, 06:57:49 PM »
God, this is thoroughly disappointing. I remember seeing... I think Ben or Rorie play this on UPF many months ago and wanting to get it. That combined with the reviews from Clint/LGR and Matt McMuscles had me thinking of freeing up some cash from my limited budget and... Welp.

What a damn shame.

Freeing up a whole $20?

Fucking liars  :lol
🤴

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #38042 on: August 17, 2019, 06:58:01 PM »
btw. I am in Poland right now. Kinda afraid to step out the door with CDPR poisoning the minds of the Ion Fury devs. What if I am next?

Raid Ed Boon's Mörderhaus and live stream it.

BisMarckie

« Reply #38043 on: August 17, 2019, 07:01:06 PM »
Posting stupid twitter takes is one thing, but IDK about those of someone who is wheelchair bound and clearly not well.  :-\

BisMarckie

« Reply #38044 on: August 17, 2019, 07:03:13 PM »
btw. I am in Poland right now. Kinda afraid to step out the door with CDPR poisoning the minds of the Ion Fury devs. What if I am next?

Raid Ed Boon's Mörderhaus and live stream it.

LOL, haven‘t you watched Stefan Molyneux‘s videos?
There aren‘t enough POCs for Boon to kill in Poland

nudemacusers

« Reply #38045 on: August 17, 2019, 07:09:27 PM »
Posting stupid twitter takes is one thing, but IDK about those of someone who is wheelchair bound and clearly not well.  :-\
Shitposting is like public speaking; just imagine everyone is mentally unwell and physically disabled.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38046 on: August 17, 2019, 07:10:23 PM »
I like how on Twitter the Ion Fury devs are calling out the doxxing practices of Era and their ilk and aren't allowing them to get away with this shit.

Someone actually said they were supporting gamergate for following GOG, the storefront that sells their game and they happily pointed that out to that person.  :neogaf
🤴

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #38047 on: August 17, 2019, 07:11:54 PM »
Crybully really is a perfect name for these cunts.

BisMarckie

« Reply #38048 on: August 17, 2019, 07:13:57 PM »
Tfw you called wank dad jr, stefan molyneux peter without realizing it.  :brain

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #38049 on: August 17, 2019, 07:15:41 PM »
they aren't actually wheelchair bound except by their own hand, Munchausen by Internet case, even got the fake support dog

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #38050 on: August 17, 2019, 07:16:04 PM »
here you go Cindi

https://twitter.com/opheliajcbrown/status/1162508446555660290

"classist and fatphobic"

people really do like rendering words completely meaningless

benjipwns

« Reply #38051 on: August 17, 2019, 07:17:07 PM »
Someone actually said they were supporting gamergate for following GOG, the storefront that sells their game and they happily pointed that out to that person.  :neogaf
https://twitter.com/acvalens/status/1162554786690019334

benjipwns

« Reply #38052 on: August 17, 2019, 07:18:25 PM »

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #38053 on: August 17, 2019, 07:19:34 PM »
that guy that said Benji's MO is to disappear for a while and then reappear to spam mercilessly was underappreciatedly right

benjipwns

« Reply #38054 on: August 17, 2019, 07:20:29 PM »
that guy that said Benji's MO is to disappear for a while and then reappear to spam mercilessly was underappreciatedly right
don't say anything nice about riotous

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38055 on: August 17, 2019, 07:27:56 PM »
If you post a big dick 3 times riotous appears.
🤴

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #38057 on: August 17, 2019, 07:30:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ion-fury-devs-show-signs-of-transphobia-among-other-issues-update-voidpoint-twitter-responds.135368/post-23680406
so have any big news outlets picked this up? seems like a big deal on the level of the 8chan ama, except with even less of an attempt at apologizing

BisMarckie

« Reply #38058 on: August 17, 2019, 07:31:56 PM »
Politics are almost everywhere. Same thing with Doom 1.

EDIT: Even racing games. People question the safety and environmental aspects of the sport.

:brain

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38059 on: August 17, 2019, 07:32:51 PM »
Spyro: has a large number of enemies in military garb, and some pretty odd Arabic enemy design choices
Tycoon games are pretty damn political, since the whole point of them is "capitalism is good". You can't win at a Tycoon game if your park runs out of money.
LocoRoco
Love the game to death, but don‘t forget the racism debate.
:yeshrug
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #38060 on: August 17, 2019, 07:34:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/it-feels-like-its-getting-harder-to-discuss-thing-calmly-in-the-gaming-community.135450/post-23669394

Quote from: Relix
At this point when I see people like that I just think of how miserable their lives are and that the post they make is probably the only outlet they have to feel important or heard. I am not a fan of ignoring people but I may just start doing that at some point. But yes, Era is increasingly becoming toxic. A completely different environment than when the site launched where I remember creating a thread about “positive energy” in the forum.
I totally remember when this site launched and the whole positive energy thing was going on. That was fantastic! I miss that.
Its just harder to discuss anything, at all, without someone branding you to far this, or not far enough that.

The rational middle ground is gone.
:yikes

benjipwns

« Reply #38061 on: August 17, 2019, 07:34:41 PM »
Meanwhile, in a nearby thread on gaming side.

This is also part of what makes things tense: the fact that these bad actors actually are hanging around here.

BisMarckie

« Reply #38062 on: August 17, 2019, 07:35:42 PM »
Tycoon games are pretty damn political, since the whole point of them is "capitalism is good". You can't win at a Tycoon game if your park runs out of money.

Clearly this ignoramus hasn‘t played Workers&Resources Soviet Republic :juche

benjipwns

« Reply #38063 on: August 17, 2019, 07:36:16 PM »
Quote from: Finale Fireworker
I wrote this on my first day here when I was just another member. It was a very idealistic post but something I really believed in and still do. For any enclave on the internet to get better, people must embody the ideals most important to them. You must ask yourself how you can contribute to the community you want to be part of. Then you have to practice it constantly. We must encourage it by becoming it.

Most people are quick to blame others for communal problems. We expect the best from ourselves and the worst from others. We then seek to prove that suspicion and validate that belief at the expense of actual reflection or growth. By waiting on other people's attitudes to change, we often fail to improve the only thing we can actually control: ourselves. The result is nobody improving and nobody getting better.

You could write for pages and pages for why the internet is the way it is today. People are very bitter, very tired, and very uncomfortable. Why we are like this, and if we have always been like this, could fill volumes of books. But trying to explain or rationalize the internet's venom will only go so far. Simply explaining something isn't enough to change something. For this reason I try not to focus too much on why the internet is like this. I prefer to focus on how not to be.

If there's any one thing I would try to remind people of when using a forum like ours, it's that you have to approach your time here with the intention of getting along and being part of something. This is not an infinite expanse with many millions of users. It is not like twitter or reddit where you are a tiny drop in the bucket. We are a much smaller and closed community. You are a building block along with everyone else. You matter, and your contributions matter, so you should treat them like they do.

Likewise, you must accept that members here are not some faceless handle you will never see again. You are 1 in 45,000, not 1 in 330 million. You share this forum with the same people every day. It's all the same faces in the same spaces. People do not just dissolve in to the crowd like they do on websites with multi-multi-million user counts. So your posts have consequences. These consequences don't roll across the surface of the great internet sea until they vanish in to the aether. They stay here. We only get back what we put out.

There is no algorithm that will only show you things you like to read. There is no vote or share system that brings certain posts or opinions to the top. We are not a themed subforum meant only to attract users who think positively about a certain thing. We are all in this together. We have to treat each other like we actually matter and not like faceless strangers on the internet. We must love each other. We are all we have here.

Individual responsibility and respect for others is the foundation for any community. A community will never simply be something. It is very easy to sit back and say "ah, yes, people on the internet sure are terrible and I sure do dislike them." But you should be considering every single time you post if you are contributing to an environment people find welcoming and comfortable. You should be always exemplifying the exact ideal you want to see more of. If you expect that from others, expect that from yourself too.

And this isn't an all-or-nothing thing. Nobody is perfect. I sure am not. Just recently I apologized to a member I offended over a joke that didn't land. It was my fault. I wanted to dunk on someone and came across way meaner than I meant to be. That really sucked. But I apologized, and we went back and forth, and we smoothed it out. The next day we saw each other in another thread and there were no hard feelings.

Being better doesn't mean being perfect. Doing the right thing doesn't always mean getting it right the first time. But you always have a choice how you speak to people and how you interact with people here. This is a spirit that has to be represented by us, as members, and the posts we make and the conversations we have.

Our path is a strange and difficult one. We must reject revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love. I love you all. 💏

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38064 on: August 17, 2019, 07:38:15 PM »
In today’s episode of white male snow flakes, a white male bravely stands up to the rainbow coalition of oppressors that just want some sort of representation and voice in an ever growing market without being harassed or murdered. Since we are the only true and real gamers no matter what.

So please everyone, let’s go back to past oppressive systems of logic and function where I felt safe promoting unearned white exceptionalism without the added guilt piling on where women and Poc constantly have to explain why they should be allowed to exist in this industry. Really fucking rude that I can’t safely be the racist troll my racist and misogynistic. environment has led me to believe was normal.

:huh
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #38065 on: August 17, 2019, 07:38:19 PM »
Quote from: Finale Fireworker
I wrote this on my first day here when I was just another member. It was a very idealistic post but something I really believed in and still do. For any enclave on the internet to get better, people must embody the ideals most important to them. You must ask yourself how you can contribute to the community you want to be part of. Then you have to practice it constantly. We must encourage it by becoming it.

Most people are quick to blame others for communal problems. We expect the best from ourselves and the worst from others. We then seek to prove that suspicion and validate that belief at the expense of actual reflection or growth. By waiting on other people's attitudes to change, we often fail to improve the only thing we can actually control: ourselves. The result is nobody improving and nobody getting better.

You could write for pages and pages for why the internet is the way it is today. People are very bitter, very tired, and very uncomfortable. Why we are like this, and if we have always been like this, could fill volumes of books. But trying to explain or rationalize the internet's venom will only go so far. Simply explaining something isn't enough to change something. For this reason I try not to focus too much on why the internet is like this. I prefer to focus on how not to be.

If there's any one thing I would try to remind people of when using a forum like ours, it's that you have to approach your time here with the intention of getting along and being part of something. This is not an infinite expanse with many millions of users. It is not like twitter or reddit where you are a tiny drop in the bucket. We are a much smaller and closed community. You are a building block along with everyone else. You matter, and your contributions matter, so you should treat them like they do.

Likewise, you must accept that members here are not some faceless handle you will never see again. You are 1 in 45,000, not 1 in 330 million. You share this forum with the same people every day. It's all the same faces in the same spaces. People do not just dissolve in to the crowd like they do on websites with multi-multi-million user counts. So your posts have consequences. These consequences don't roll across the surface of the great internet sea until they vanish in to the aether. They stay here. We only get back what we put out.

There is no algorithm that will only show you things you like to read. There is no vote or share system that brings certain posts or opinions to the top. We are not a themed subforum meant only to attract users who think positively about a certain thing. We are all in this together. We have to treat each other like we actually matter and not like faceless strangers on the internet. We must love each other. We are all we have here.

Individual responsibility and respect for others is the foundation for any community. A community will never simply be something. It is very easy to sit back and say "ah, yes, people on the internet sure are terrible and I sure do dislike them." But you should be considering every single time you post if you are contributing to an environment people find welcoming and comfortable. You should be always exemplifying the exact ideal you want to see more of. If you expect that from others, expect that from yourself too.

And this isn't an all-or-nothing thing. Nobody is perfect. I sure am not. Just recently I apologized to a member I offended over a joke that didn't land. It was my fault. I wanted to dunk on someone and came across way meaner than I meant to be. That really sucked. But I apologized, and we went back and forth, and we smoothed it out. The next day we saw each other in another thread and there were no hard feelings.

Being better doesn't mean being perfect. Doing the right thing doesn't always mean getting it right the first time. But you always have a choice how you speak to people and how you interact with people here. This is a spirit that has to be represented by us, as members, and the posts we make and the conversations we have.

Our path is a strange and difficult one. We must reject revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love. I love you all. 💏
the staggering fucking ignorance, condescension, and privilege of this post, holy shit. You're asking me if I read the guy who questions my right to exist in full? are you fucking serious? I'm livid at this garbage you just spewed in my direction. Never talk to me again. Do not reply to this post. Go and reflect on this hateful shit you just asked me. So you know not to bother, you're on my ignore list now.

benjipwns

« Reply #38066 on: August 17, 2019, 07:39:56 PM »
In today’s episode of white male snow flakes, a white male bravely stands up to the rainbow coalition of oppressors that just want some sort of representation and voice in an ever growing market without being harassed or murdered.
why does the gaming media continue to cover this up? @Geoff Keighley ANSWER ME

Boredfrom

« Reply #38067 on: August 17, 2019, 07:42:11 PM »
The next day we saw each other in another thread and there were no hard feelings.

:doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge

daemon

« Reply #38068 on: August 17, 2019, 07:44:31 PM »
https://twitter.com/ThisTransphobia/status/1162405570982240257

so like, don't actually kill yourself or anything, stay safe

fuck, was about to do it until i read that tweet. Thank god.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #38069 on: August 17, 2019, 07:45:20 PM »
I mean going through those discord screencaps that dev does come off like a total dunce.  :yeshrug

A grown man with a kid that acts like a 4chan shitlord or an edgy high schooler. Doesn't change my view of the game, but I'd be rolling my eyes if I had a to share a beer with him while he goes on about those topics.

Edit: Though he's right that Ion Fury isn't a feminist game. For what it's worth it's not an anti-feminist game either. And this is bigger than the 8Chan THQ Nordic situation? Nah. That was a way way worse PR blunder. That was possibly the most ill advised PR move I've seen any video game company make in years. Would have taken two seconds of browsing 8Chan and hopping onto Wikipedia to know that was beyond stupid.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 07:49:34 PM by EchoRin »

daemon

« Reply #38070 on: August 17, 2019, 07:47:37 PM »
https://twitter.com/acvalens/status/1162554786690019334

It's actually funnier in the case of Jennifer D'aww. Apparently this furry horny twitteroo used to have another handle and discuss almost daily with GMshivers... but now she had to signal something and threw her in the basket of the supposedly deplorables.

Boredfrom

« Reply #38071 on: August 17, 2019, 07:49:01 PM »
I mean going through those discord screencaps that dev does come off like a total dunce.  :yeshrug

A grown man with a kid that acts like a 4chan shitlord or an edgy high schooler. Doesn't change my view of the game, but I'd be rolling my eyes if I had a to share a beer with him while he goes on about those topics.

But... you dont...

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #38073 on: August 17, 2019, 07:50:57 PM »

But... you dont...
Yeah, I wouldn't want to either  :lol

daemon

« Reply #38074 on: August 17, 2019, 07:51:30 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #38075 on: August 17, 2019, 07:55:40 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #38076 on: August 17, 2019, 08:08:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ion-fury-devs-show-signs-of-transphobia-among-other-issues-update-voidpoint-twitter-responds.135368/post-23681102

So I just googled "Ion Fury" and there doesn't seem like anyone is picking up on the story?
Well, THQ and 8Chan dont even have a news.
In the end this is just stuff some people said on their own Discord server, some of it months old. I doubt games journos hang around indie dev's servers and read them all on the off chance someone shits the bed, so I imagine this won't get much momentum unless folks reach out to them. Plenty of them on Era, could also drop them a line on Twitter.
:fbm

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38077 on: August 17, 2019, 08:11:11 PM »
https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/1162833948109692931

Time to cancel and doxx this motherfucker  :mynicca
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #38078 on: August 17, 2019, 08:12:33 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38079 on: August 17, 2019, 08:16:11 PM »
The Ree's are posting their dumb thread everywhere. I even got it on my Twitter.

Some doofus said:
"Derp derp guess you haven't heard about this then [link to thread]"

And next up, some other guy shows up:
"That doesn't mean that the game is now bad!"

So I said: "Get a room you two!"
🤴

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #38080 on: August 17, 2019, 08:20:01 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #38081 on: August 17, 2019, 08:21:52 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38082 on: August 17, 2019, 08:22:59 PM »
I like how the Ree's are digging their own hole with this.

Their shitty forum is already hated by most developers and gamers  :lol
🤴

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #38083 on: August 17, 2019, 08:23:18 PM »
:drudge TRIGGER WARNING :drudge

Off topic but do you know if anyone was able to get controllers working with Quake RTX? It’s the only reason I haven’t played it.

benjipwns

« Reply #38084 on: August 17, 2019, 08:24:00 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ion-fury-devs-show-signs-of-transphobia-among-other-issues-update-voidpoint-twitter-responds.135368/post-23681541

Quote from: Biestmann
Ugh. For those among us that watch the streamer DansGaming, he just found out about the controversy via steam reviews, made an off-hand remark about the 'politics' of the few reviews mentioning the devs' transphobia, and proceeded to buy the game. He is playing it right now. I am so disappointed. I subbed to this guy previously. Now I unfollowed. Bleh.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #38085 on: August 17, 2019, 08:25:12 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ion-fury-devs-show-signs-of-transphobia-among-other-issues-update-voidpoint-twitter-responds.135368/post-23681541

Quote from: Biestmann
Ugh. For those among us that watch the streamer DansGaming, he just found out about the controversy via steam reviews, made an off-hand remark about the 'politics' of the few reviews mentioning the devs' transphobia, and proceeded to buy the game. He is playing it right now. I am so disappointed. I subbed to this guy previously. Now I unfollowed. Bleh.

:joker

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38086 on: August 17, 2019, 08:25:29 PM »
For certain the stuff that has been said by some of the devs has been truly awful and condemnable. But the amount of "eat shit and die" style posts in this thread is kind of worrisome for a place that about discussing games. People can keep yelling at each other that being offensive about offensive stuff is okay but it certainly makes people with different opinions listening to you way less likely.

Time to cancel and doxx this motherfucker :mynicca
🤴

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #38087 on: August 17, 2019, 08:26:14 PM »
每天生气

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #38088 on: August 17, 2019, 08:27:16 PM »

This is a live thread to share their problematic discoveries  :lol

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #38089 on: August 17, 2019, 08:27:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/portland-prepares-for-proud-boy-and-antifa-face-off-this-weekend.134706/page-9

'm sure you know that the first people to actively fight against fascism last century were Communists, Socialists and Anarchists?

....right?

Because governments wanted to pretend fascism wasn't a threat....until it became a massive fucking threat.
They were fucking heroes.

Poland am cry.
Oi Oi

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38090 on: August 17, 2019, 08:27:47 PM »
Some Rando Gamer every 5 or so posts: Ah the witch hunt has started I see and over something as minor as rabid transphobia? How typical (Smugly pushes up glasses)
Yes get these gamers  8)

I am no hardliner on this matter. I think civil discourse can work with some individuals, but will fail with others. In the case of these developers, we have screenshots of two people trying to calmly explain to them their misconceptions regarding trans people, only to be dismissed and insulted by other members of the Discord. These people are not willing to better themselves.
:lol
🤴

BikeJesus

« Reply #38091 on: August 17, 2019, 08:29:53 PM »
Cliff is and will always be an idiot. Stay under your rock you fucking coward.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ion-fury-devs-show-signs-of-transphobia-among-other-issues-update-voidpoint-twitter-responds.135368/post-23681605

:lol

:nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #38092 on: August 17, 2019, 08:30:29 PM »
:dead :dead :dead

And all these people are still playing the game!!
a whole bunch of the not recommended reviews are "love this game, it's great, but just found out the devs are transphobic" reviews, you have to own the game on Steam and I believe have played it to review it, this was the change they made to stop review bombs

latest negative review:

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38093 on: August 17, 2019, 08:34:20 PM »
I can't wait for the thread where Valve has banned them all for review bombing this game and spamming a message board.  :lol
🤴

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #38094 on: August 17, 2019, 08:36:07 PM »
Valve banning users? Now that's even funnier. They dont even ban you for having anal prolapses as your avatar, just 48 hours without any avatar as punishment.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38095 on: August 17, 2019, 08:37:21 PM »
:dead :dead :dead

And all these people are still playing the game!!
a whole bunch of the not recommended reviews are "love this game, it's great, but just found out the devs are transphobic" reviews, you have to own the game on Steam and I believe have played it to review it, this was the change they made to stop review bombs

latest negative review:
(Image removed from quote.)

You always had to own the game, at least, dunno about if you had to have actual playtime in it or not.
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #38096 on: August 17, 2019, 08:38:10 PM »
do they revoke reviews if the person is refunded? like will not butterfly's here disappear?

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #38097 on: August 17, 2019, 08:38:11 PM »
Review brigades do less to hurt a game and more to hurt faith in user reviews. I haven’t trusted the user review section of a video game in years.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #38098 on: August 17, 2019, 08:40:06 PM »
Yeah they also had you having to have played the games for a looooooong time (if not forever). The change they actually did against review bombing, is to have two seperate review scores that is 'recently' and 'overall', and on top of that, filtering out reviews from periods of time, where the reviews all of a sudden changed in some shit storm. you can toggle that back on and see the review bombings anyway though.

benjipwns

« Reply #38099 on: August 17, 2019, 08:40:58 PM »
https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1808664240333155775
First, what do we mean by an off-topic review bomb? As we defined back in our original post, a review bomb is where players post a large number of reviews in a short period of time, aimed at lowering the Review Score of a game. We define an off-topic review bomb as one where the focus of those reviews is on a topic that we consider unrelated to the likelihood that future purchasers will be happy if they buy the game, and hence not something that should be added to the Review Score.

awesome, we can get Valve in trouble for considering it "off-topic"