Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3800566 times)

nudemacusers

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #43080 on: September 04, 2019, 01:26:19 PM »
if Resetera bans 4chan leaks as a source of news, where are they going to get infos from now?

Fake insiders who parrot 4chan leaks as their own information, duh.
RIP Dodd Scientifics ⚰️ 💐
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

ShutUp

« Reply #43081 on: September 04, 2019, 01:27:35 PM »
It's okay to believe women, it's okay to even believe the accused, what's not okay is to talk mad shit about one or the other sans evidence as a bystander, especially if you're @ing them directly.

Of course;  so call those people out as harassers.   Labeling an entire forum murderers is just.. I dunno.. what's that word.  Hypocritical?

Literally “not all Era members” mentality. Lol. Amazing and ironic.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #43082 on: September 04, 2019, 01:30:21 PM »
Nintendo direct today bitches, my body is ready to explode on my computer screen.

Who is with me?

:woody :woody :woody

shilling with nintenyearolds :nope

laughing at the nintenyearolds' civil war on reee  :taylor

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-direct-announced-09-04-2019-6pm-edt-11pm-bst.138800/page-77#post-24207549

Reading resetera   :nope

Searching for splatoon gifs on Bing with safe search set to off  :preach

This post right here admins. I have started the mass reporting.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43083 on: September 04, 2019, 01:37:02 PM »
It's okay to believe women, it's okay to even believe the accused, what's not okay is to talk mad shit about one or the other sans evidence as a bystander, especially if you're @ing them directly.

Of course;  so call those people out as harassers.   Labeling an entire forum murderers is just.. I dunno.. what's that word.  Hypocritical?

Literally “not all Era members” mentality. Lol. Amazing and ironic.

of course that only works if you buy into the "not all" culture

A: "all men are trash and abusers  :hmph :wag"

B: "well just logically it can't be ALL men, there are a ton of people in this world, and I mean I'm a man and haven't abused anyone and I know lots of other good people too"

A: "haha gottem  :lol  look at this fragile snowflake over here lmao  :rofl we're talking about a SYSTEMIC problem here sweetie, if you think 'all' men refers to you specifically then hey a hit dog hollers  :smug :smug :smug we have male allies who stay silent or have enough self-loathing to agree with us so #sitdown and #listen"

if that's bullshit then notallera is too

but you can wield it if you think you have any hope to prove a point to someone deep in that mindset  :doge
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43084 on: September 04, 2019, 01:40:44 PM »
also era has a bodycount of 2 now lmao
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #43085 on: September 04, 2019, 01:42:03 PM »

I think for some people it's a reality tv show with extra stakes. Just look at this whole Vic/funanimation thing and how much of a dedicated following it has.

marrec

« Reply #43086 on: September 04, 2019, 01:42:33 PM »

*if you don't count the people driven to suicide by reading threads filled with endless negativity and apocalyptic doomcasts of the future

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43087 on: September 04, 2019, 01:46:00 PM »
 :dead :goty2
Uncle

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #43088 on: September 04, 2019, 01:51:13 PM »

I think for some people it's a reality tv show with extra stakes. Just look at this whole Vic/funanimation thing and how much of a dedicated following it has.
I think the Vic thing should die now for all but people interested in the larger meta context of how to go about things if you feel you're falsely accused. The specific Vic thing has 4 hours of video of Vic being grilled by opposition lawyers, hours of the accusers, and hundreds of pages of docs. If you were just interested in specifically Vic, this is where you should exit.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #43089 on: September 04, 2019, 01:51:33 PM »
Who knows what happened to the droves of women and minorites that were driven away, but it’s safe to say at least 50% of them are dead now.
©@©™

nudemacusers

« Reply #43090 on: September 04, 2019, 01:54:02 PM »

*if you don't count the people driven to suicide by reading threads filled with endless negativity and apocalyptic doomcasts of the future
As we determined recently, suicide is a choice by the individual.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

marrec

« Reply #43091 on: September 04, 2019, 01:56:19 PM »

As we determined recently, suicide is a choice by the individual.

:nope "kys"

:ohyeah "make the right choice"

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43093 on: September 04, 2019, 02:00:58 PM »
did you guys read this shit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Conrad_Roy

On June 16, 2017, Judge Lawrence Moniz of the Bristol County Juvenile Court of Massachusetts in Taunton found Carter legally guilty of involuntary manslaughter. He stated prior to his ruling that it was Carter's phone calls with Roy when he was in his truck gassing himself (as described by Carter's texts to friends), rather than the preceding text messages, that caused him to go through with killing himself. Judge Moniz found that Roy had broken the “chain of self-causation” towards his suicide when he exited the truck and that it was Carter’s wanton and reckless encouragement to then return to the truck that caused his death.
Uncle

NekoFever

« Reply #43094 on: September 04, 2019, 02:02:24 PM »
if Resetera bans 4chan leaks as a source of news, where are they going to get infos from now?

Vice articles on the 4chan leaks.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #43095 on: September 04, 2019, 02:17:40 PM »
GreatSage:  And I'm right there with you guys on that criticism.

Just think you are being dramatic cunts if you call era murderers.

Maybe they're just joking, considering how this forum generally is?

This thread stopped being mostly jokes a while back. Newer posters are dead serious with their crusade against Gaf/Era.

People want charges they're never going to get with this Zoe Quinn and whoeverthefuck scenario.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #43096 on: September 04, 2019, 02:20:06 PM »
People are literally being murdered by themselves and it's supposed be taken light heartedly?
:hmph

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #43097 on: September 04, 2019, 02:27:17 PM »
People are literally being murdered by themselves and it's supposed be taken light heartedly?

The expert on being murdered in the digital realm has weighed in!
:O

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #43098 on: September 04, 2019, 02:31:35 PM »

daemon

« Reply #43099 on: September 04, 2019, 02:36:43 PM »

This thread stopped being mostly jokes a while back. Newer posters are dead serious with their crusade against Gaf/Era.

People want charges they're never going to get with this Zoe Quinn and whoeverthefuck scenario.

If there's not an investigation, I think society fails. that's all. Accuse someone of a crime (yes, a crime) publicly knowing that this is one of those impossible to prove in a court of law should be considered, by all means, libel unless you can provide proof (you don't need to counter-prove it, but barely anyone goes to court unless they have $200K+ available and an expected sum on the outcome). Now, other details, such as her knowledge of previous near-suicide and mental well-being should be taken into account. This is also a person that begged for people to stop harassing her online and knows how vicious the internet can get when targeting an individual.

Libel + gross negligence doesn't sound far-fetched. ( ffs she went to the UN to do a fucking talk about cyber harassment).

And I would be on the same field if the papers were reversed. Problem being, those who accused quinn publicly of things, such as eron, did go to court, and she took the charges back because he had receipts. I don't mean audience-less shitlords, of course. I mean just people in a position of power denouncing stuff they can't back up.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 02:41:03 PM by daemon »

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #43100 on: September 04, 2019, 02:41:00 PM »

:pika

marrec

« Reply #43101 on: September 04, 2019, 02:42:01 PM »

If there's not an investigation, I think society fails. that's all. Accuse someone of a crime (yes, a crime) publicly knowing that this is one of those impossible to prove in a court of law should be considered, by all means, libel unless you can provide proof (you don't need to counter-prove it, but barely anyone goes to court unless they have $200K+ available and an expected sum on the outcome). Now, other details, such as her knowledge of previous near-suicide and mental well-being should be taken into account. This is also a person that begged for people to stop harassing her online and knows how vicious the internet can get when targeting an individual.

Libel + gross negligence doesn't sound far-fetched.

And I would be on the same field if the papers were reversed. Problem being, those who accused quinn publicly of things, such as eron, did go to court, and she took the charges back because he had receipts. I don't mean audience-less shitlords, of course. I mean just people in a position of power denouncing stuff they can't back up.

One problem with this (there are multiple, but lets focus on this for now) is that proving Libel in the US in this scenario would be exceedingly difficult.

daemon

« Reply #43102 on: September 04, 2019, 02:44:14 PM »

Libel + gross negligence doesn't sound far-fetched.

One problem with this (there are multiple, but lets focus on this for now) is that proving Libel in the US in this scenario would be exceedingly difficult.

That's why people are having a field day. I said you shouldn't be required to prove that the information is false. It's always on the accuser to prove it's true. But in the case of libel, they fucked up which is why grey area one-on-one cases it's free real estate for the accusers.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43103 on: September 04, 2019, 02:44:19 PM »
Uncle

nudemacusers

« Reply #43104 on: September 04, 2019, 02:46:21 PM »

BB I will not rest until your unjust ban is repealed. 🥰 🙇
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

daemon

« Reply #43105 on: September 04, 2019, 02:49:13 PM »
Nobody gives a fuck, regardless of your opinion.
You're saying nothing new to me. No1curr is the classic stance of democracy. We only care about general cases that affect a huge chunk of the population. Individuals can fuck off with their life-crippling problems. Just pray, as I said many days ago, you're not in the pointy end of that knife at some point.

daemon

« Reply #43106 on: September 04, 2019, 02:50:53 PM »
Has mac had an account on Era?

We need the god to return :bow2

I'll do you one better. Did elfotografoalocado ever reply?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43107 on: September 04, 2019, 02:52:32 PM »
I need a gif of luke skywalker saying "I curr"
Uncle

daemon

« Reply #43108 on: September 04, 2019, 02:52:47 PM »

Nobody gives a fuck, regardless of your opinion.
You're saying nothing new to me. No1curr is the classic stance of democracy. We only care about general cases that affects a huge chunk. Individuals can fuck off with their life-crippling problems.
why the fuck are you bringing this up on a thread made to poke fun of self-important people who can't wipe their ass, participate in society, or collect Amiibos.

Because!

I don't know.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #43109 on: September 04, 2019, 02:53:47 PM »
Stop careposting, or you're both going to need to take a time out in the corner.

marrec

« Reply #43110 on: September 04, 2019, 02:55:34 PM »
That's why people are having a field day. I said you shouldn't be required to prove that the information is false. It's always on the accuser to prove it's true. But in the case of libel, they fucked up which is why grey area one-on-one cases it's free real estate for the accusers.

Last care post on this cause I'm sure we're reaching care post critical mass but:

Libel works that way because any other system would allow for infringement of free speech by litigious rich people who wanted to scare people into silence. I mean, that already happens too frequently, but it would happen A LOT more frequently if you changed libel law.

To be sure, we should absolutely NOT change libel law in such a way.

nudemacusers

« Reply #43111 on: September 04, 2019, 02:55:34 PM »
Has mac had an account on Era?

We need the god to return :bow2
I may be a moderator. 👀 🕵🏻‍♂️
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

« Reply #43112 on: September 04, 2019, 02:59:08 PM »
they are murderers you fucking idiot they literally say they want people dead, fucking white babies and you get banned if you dont agree

marrec

« Reply #43113 on: September 04, 2019, 03:00:51 PM »
they are murderers you fucking idiot they literally say they want people dead, fucking white babies and you get banned if you dont agree

Cool forum demi

nudemacusers

« Reply #43114 on: September 04, 2019, 03:05:55 PM »

Cool forum demi
Demi is our Cerium, I blame bore mod captains Bork and the dog guy.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

daemon

« Reply #43115 on: September 04, 2019, 03:09:19 PM »

Last care post on this cause I'm sure we're reaching care post critical mass but:

Libel works that way because any other system would allow for infringement of free speech by litigious rich people who wanted to scare people into silence. I mean, that already happens too frequently, but it would happen A LOT more frequently if you changed libel law.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
The idea of freedom of speech is not meant to allow me to say you went with prostitutes, used hard drugs, robbed someone in the street, raped someone and a long etcetera of unlawful conducts. Said conducts can't be disproved by libel standards. This is what you say shouldn't be changed, because proving malice is really hard too.

In a good system:
In a case of libel I should be interrogated: when did I see you go with prostitutes, when did I see you using hard drugs, when did I see you rob someone on the street, when and who did I see you rape. Without giving at least some substance I should be held accountable for doing the legal definition of libel.

In a bad system:
You'd need to disprove something you have never done for me to be considered guilty of defamation.

The reason why we have so many public outings on social media is because we're in the bad system, where the law would never give them a win, but the court of public opinion does. So yes, we should absolutely destroy baseless accusations at a court level.
[close]

Hidden carepost, open at your own discretion

Just realize that even mentioning reality, the *consequences* of ERA etc. ruins the vibe of the forum

1)Leaves you open to people curr responding for multiple posts

2)Ignores the reality that "canceled" people only are ever canceled if society at large doesn't like them, Chappelle is fine.

3)The legal matters of whoever the fuck will reach natural conclusions on their own, and that your participation and discussion is meaningless. i.e. you're not keeping Zoe in line by writing a huge wall-of-text

4)It detracts from fun and magnetizes nolifers to come shit up the board with unfunny bullshit and monologues about the state of society

5)It scares away posters with a sense of humor and contributes to this thread being a deluge of *concern* rather than shitposts

I posted someone who was going to commit seppuku and doom coming out on november made him wait. No one commented :sadpepe

Propagandhim

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #43117 on: September 04, 2019, 03:12:43 PM »
You people are demonic.
每天生气

marrec

« Reply #43118 on: September 04, 2019, 03:17:30 PM »
We need to be able to effortlessly switch between careposting and shitposting and this is the system that will allow us to do it

Welcome to my TED talk

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43119 on: September 04, 2019, 03:25:32 PM »
Nicknames have a subtle but measurable impact on the way we interact with and think about others

welcome to my theodore talk
Uncle

daemon

« Reply #43120 on: September 04, 2019, 03:25:38 PM »
ok I've seen the error of my ways since I made marrec look tolerable due to my derail.

marrec

« Reply #43121 on: September 04, 2019, 03:27:42 PM »
I have a reputation to uphold you cretin

james

« Reply #43122 on: September 04, 2019, 03:52:46 PM »
How's your tasty chocolate squid wife?

marrec

« Reply #43123 on: September 04, 2019, 03:57:14 PM »
We're trying to get preggers so she's pretty strict right now about required sex from me at least twice a day it's exhausting ngl

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #43124 on: September 04, 2019, 04:02:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/catherine-full-body-launch-trailer-ps4.139082/#post-24215395

Quote from: NoKisum, post: 24215395, member: 32552
The fact that Sony is advertising about the game's new localization details sounds like they're in on the transphobia.

:rejoice

#BoycottSony
#IdSuckOffTomHolland
#Free.Cream
Margs

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #43125 on: September 04, 2019, 04:10:17 PM »
I need a gif of luke skywalker saying "I curr"

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #43126 on: September 04, 2019, 04:11:41 PM »

FWIW, that's how UK libel law works.

james

« Reply #43127 on: September 04, 2019, 04:12:36 PM »
We're trying to get preggers so she's pretty strict right now about required sex from me at least twice a day it's exhausting ngl

Do you need help? I'd be happy to tag in.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #43128 on: September 04, 2019, 04:29:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/scarlett-johansson-stands-with-woody-allen-despite-allegations-%E2%80%9Ci-believe-him-and-i-would-work-with-him-anytime%E2%80%9D.139022/

There's no such thing a 'cancel culture' on era, but scarjo is a basic bitch who should fuck off, and I hope she loses her job or they cancel her upcoming film or it bombs, haha.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #43129 on: September 04, 2019, 04:32:44 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/scarlett-johansson-stands-with-woody-allen-despite-allegations-%E2%80%9Ci-believe-him-and-i-would-work-with-him-anytime%E2%80%9D.139022/

There's no such thing a 'cancel culture' on era, but scarjo is a basic bitch who should fuck off, and I hope she loses her job or they cancel her upcoming film or it bombs, haha.

Quick take.
Not surprised, Hollycreeps didn't cement themselves or stay at large due to being super secretive. Plenty around them know and either didn't give a shit or were down with it, see: Polanski.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #43130 on: September 04, 2019, 04:42:07 PM »

Quote from: BDS, post: 24204777, member: 2997
Yawn. These basic white feminists talk a big MeToo game until it's someone they know personally. Fuck off Scarlett.
\
 :social2
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #43131 on: September 04, 2019, 04:43:08 PM »
Quote from: TrailerParkRanger, post: 24204835, member: 36743
It always makes me sad when high profile Asian-Americans say dumb things.
:lol
ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #43133 on: September 04, 2019, 04:44:53 PM »
Quote from: Strafer, post: 24204812, member: 307
Way to make sure your Blank Window movie bombs.
Quote from: kurahador, post: 24204882, member: 20031
Jeez...BW gonna be Marvel first bomb. Thx alot ScarJo.

I think your average rabid movie-going Marvel fan probably doesn't even know who Woody Allen is.  :doge
ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #43134 on: September 04, 2019, 04:45:24 PM »

Quote from: BDS, post: 24204777, member: 2997
Yawn. These basic white feminists talk a big MeToo game until it's someone they know personally. Fuck off Scarlett.
\
 :social2

that topics literally all the usual suspects jumping in saying she's untalented, ugly, stupid, basic, she was never any good in anything, and they hope her career tanks.

haha.

thisismyusername

« Reply #43135 on: September 04, 2019, 04:45:41 PM »
Why the fuck do you always seem to go to bat for that shit site? It’s full of horrible people that pretend to give a shit until somebody does something they say is bad and then they engage in harassment via social media.

#AllTAllShade

:kermit

BIONIC

« Reply #43136 on: September 04, 2019, 04:47:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-we-stop-referencing-4chan-and-also-stop-posting-leaks-and-rumors-from-that-site.139100/

Quote from: Raoh, post: 24217005, member: 17668
I've been thinking with the whole ordeal with the THQ Nordic boycott and people condemning 8chan for what's hosted there, and honestly, 4chan hosts pornographic content that it's simply put, as bad as everything that comes with hardcore pornography, there are levels to what we consider sick and bad, but 4chan is just as bad and even though a few leaks here and there have become true, we have to completely disassociate ourselves from that place, even banning from mentioning the word 4chan or linking to it. We're exposing more and more people to that place and that's just a no-no.
Hell, people here abstain themselves from mentioning the name of "the old forum", let's just go ahead and do the same with 4chan, whatever little info may or may not come from there isn't of big importance anyways.

:hmm
Margs

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #43137 on: September 04, 2019, 04:48:14 PM »

There argument against the term "cancel culture" isn't that people don't get cancelled. 

Surely you grasp that.

all the fuckers who are most rabid to #cancel people are the same fuckers in any topic asking about cancel culture denying it even exists and saying just using the term is a signifier of being a bigot

BIONIC

« Reply #43138 on: September 04, 2019, 04:48:59 PM »
Cancel Culture is a hoax perpetuated by the Chinese :trumps
Margs

thisismyusername

« Reply #43139 on: September 04, 2019, 04:50:23 PM »
Stop careposting, or you're both going to need to take a time out in the corner.

Yeah, the only person that can care post in this thread legally is PogiBB. (#PBUH)