Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3800333 times)

jorma

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #43200 on: September 05, 2019, 02:36:06 AM »
You see this fictional character? I'm not afraid to admit that I've lost litres of cum to this character of mere fantasy. Isn't it funny how not even real girls arouse me like he does? I have killed millions of my offspring to the thought of having intercourse with a cartoon character. a character conceived by the mind of another man somewhere in the world. Who knows, maybe there was a scientist who could have cured cancer, the engineer who could have figured out the terraforming of Mars, or even the future president of the United States among the sperm that now lay on that tissue. Needless to say, I don't regret it. He's literal perfection. I can assure you that I will keep fantasizing about him and I won't stop anytime soon. Do you think that the fact that he's not real is a barrier to me? Hell no. With the help of ResetEra, I have trained lucid dreaming and astral projection to cross between the human world and the anime dimension and finally met him. We went to a McDonalds in my latest cross-dimension trip, sadly I had to wake and go to my minimum wage job. Right now I am working on my tulpa to bring him over to the human world. He might not be real to you, but he will be for me very soon.

:pika

what's his bire username though?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #43201 on: September 05, 2019, 02:37:18 AM »
Reset the clock, cancel this discussion.
wait
If there's not an investigation, I think society fails. that's all. Accuse someone of a crime (yes, a crime) publicly knowing that this is one of those impossible to prove in a court of law should be considered, by all means, libel unless you can provide proof (you don't need to counter-prove it, but barely anyone goes to court unless they have $200K+ available and an expected sum on the outcome). Now, other details, such as her knowledge of previous near-suicide and mental well-being should be taken into account. This is also a person that begged for people to stop harassing her online and knows how vicious the internet can get when targeting an individual.

Libel + gross negligence doesn't sound far-fetched. ( ffs she went to the UN to do a fucking talk about cyber harassment).

And I would be on the same field if the papers were reversed. Problem being, those who accused quinn publicly of things, such as eron, did go to court, and she took the charges back because he had receipts. I don't mean audience-less shitlords, of course. I mean just people in a position of power denouncing stuff they can't back up.
Libel isn't a crime, it's a civil tort.

Eron went to court because she had an order of protection against him that he got revoked and she didn't even bother to fight it.

That's why people are having a field day. I said you shouldn't be required to prove that the information is false. It's always on the accuser to prove it's true. But in the case of libel, they fucked up which is why grey area one-on-one cases it's free real estate for the accusers.
No, the defense against libel is still the same, the truth. Which is a burden on the accuser.

The idea of freedom of speech is not meant to allow me to say you went with prostitutes, used hard drugs, robbed someone in the street, raped someone and a long etcetera of unlawful conducts. Said conducts can't be disproved by libel standards. This is what you say shouldn't be changed, because proving malice is really hard too.

In a good system:
In a case of libel I should be interrogated: when did I see you go with prostitutes, when did I see you using hard drugs, when did I see you rob someone on the street, when and who did I see you rape. Without giving at least some substance I should be held accountable for doing the legal definition of libel.

In a bad system:
You'd need to disprove something you have never done for me to be considered guilty of defamation.

The reason why we have so many public outings on social media is because we're in the bad system, where the law would never give them a win, but the court of public opinion does. So yes, we should absolutely destroy baseless accusations at a court level.
You should be interrogated by police? Or in court by the plaintiff's attorneys when the person sues you for libel?

Libel also requires damages. If you saying all those absolutely 100% true and factual things about marrec in no way affects him because he's a piece of shit transphobe who does far worse things like recommend medical experts make decisions over internet transgenders you're not damaging him in anyway.

That's not even getting into the absurdity of a system that allows you to sue to force people to pretend your reputation is different in their minds. /obligatory-philosophical-anarchism-101

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #43202 on: September 05, 2019, 02:43:33 AM »
Dude. There are WAY too many games to keep track of at once, and way more than one can buy. I can't ever tell when something is going to be good or not. Sometimes you'll spend a while trying different games and none of them quite grab you. That shit takes time for some of us. Plus, sometimes you wait to pick up a game that's totally different to something you've played before, because frankly, most people can't afford to just throw down $60 at launch for something they might not even like. Then, other things take their attention away and they lose track. Because again, there's TOO. FUCKING. MANY GAMES. "If you really cared." Dude, you're missing the point. I care, because I care, because I'd...ya know, NEVER PLAYED IT. How the fuck am I supposed to know whether I'll care about it. I've been wrong both ways way too many times. It's not because I don't "know my tastes." It's that I, and a lot of people like me, like experiencing new things. Some of those click, others take a little longer to click, and some never click at all. Like dude, hell sometimes people don't even know games exist, or in this case, hear everywhere that it's bad. I spend a lot of time on Era but all I ever heard was that it was a complete and utter shit show. Why would I investigate further? There are too many games to look into to see if they are a shit show 5 years later. Given that even when on "sale" recently it still cost me over $60 to grab the content for Driveclub, that's fucking expensive for me still. I'm sorry but I can't spend that much money on every game I be interested in. I don't know when I'll enjoy a game or not. I really fucking thought I'd enjoy Monster Hunter World, and guess what for the very first bit I did, but ultimately it had too many aspects that annoyed and stressed me out, so I dropped it. That was $60. Gone because well sorry but I prefer digital. But physical still wouldn't help a whole lot because my time is not constantly available consistently. Sorry, life exists. I will never have enough money to try the games I want. But what about say, Dark Souls? I never, ever would have thought I'd enjoy it, but it was FREE on xbox games with gold way back and I loved the hell out of it...eventually. That game was so incredible in changed my life, and I never would have even tried it. Because of that I've learned to be more open about what I try, but with that comes the fact that there are WAY. TOO. MANY. And at some point I've gotta prioritize based on how games look, what people say about them, gut feeling, and availability. Like, I'm sorry I don't have infinite money to try everything I want to at launch, and I'm sorry that I don't enjoy every game that I buy, but I've got to spend my money wisely, because yeah, . That's such a myopic fucking view. You can't look at this shit in a vacuum. Why the hell does this need to be explained to you? And I don't have people I can borrow games from, and rentals are far too expensive for me to figure out if I like them or not. Moreover, I'm supposed to fucking be able to enjoy games. Ya know, like, as a luxury. A pass time. All of ya'll would say "don't force yourself to play shit you don't want to play." Well yeah, so I don't. I play what I feel like playing. Guess what, as a human, that fucking changes. 6 months ago I was really deep into Destiny 2. I wouldn't have time nor would I have cared enough to enjoy Driveclub. Lately, I've been feeling racing games more, and I was going to do Forza 6 but I heard this was getting delisted and a lot of people lamented that saying it was a great game, so I tried it instead, and wow, it's great, despite everything I'd heard about it before recently. Similar happened with Gravity Rush. I loved the online aspect of Gravity Rush 2, but I'd been trying to do other things that also were going away, so I didn't have a ton of time with it, but the time I did have was wonderful. And I was only lucky enough to try those two because I have a PS4. Most people can't own every console so are physically unable to try some games financially. "You have no excuse" fuck OFF. Every purchase is a bet, no matter how many of my friends my like or dislike a game. I don't know a single person who I trust to recommend games who would have recommended Dust an Elysian Tale, and guess what, I fucking love that game. Everyone I know told me to try Gears of War 4, and while I loved the previous games, I really didn't like it at all and still haven't finished it. I never would have thought to play Viva Pinata but I adore it and it's like my favorite game ever. NieR I never would have played because I HAD NEVER HEARD OF IT despite being on GAF constantly. Like, sorry? But a random classmate mentioned it, and I tried it. Holy shit I still use its music to fall asleep. I am constantly on the hunt for games that will stir in me those magical feelings that I'll never get like them again ever. A lot of those of us who are huge fans of video games are that way. Like, fucking forgive us for being humans with lives and limited time and resources trying to find meaningful games that impact them and provide them with lasting memories when we get annoyed that a game we were interested in but couldn't try gets delisted. And don't fucking mock me with some "lol Driveclub is gonna give you lasting memories" why the fuck do you think you get to judge what people value and enjoy? Like seriously, I'm so fucking tired of this weird pseudo-idealistic, axiomatic, theoretical out of touch accusatory bullshit. Nothing works as neat and tidy as you act like it does. And what's worse, get the fuck out of here with that audacity to come in here and tell people off and fucking scold them like children because they didn't align with your myopic viewpoint. "ThAt's No ExCUse." Where the fuck do you get off talking to people like that? Especially when you haven't taken a single moment to consider the practical reality of this situation, and act as if everyone just has infinite attention. You have no fucking excuse for being such a prick. Seriously. Fuck. Off.

:umad

Dude wrote 1152 words cause Driveclub went anyway I guess.  Last bunch of sentences has some :delicious salt

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #43203 on: September 05, 2019, 02:47:51 AM »
You see this fictional character? I'm not afraid to admit that I've lost litres of cum to this character of mere fantasy. Isn't it funny how not even real girls arouse me like he does? I have killed millions of my offspring to the thought of having intercourse with a cartoon character. a character conceived by the mind of another man somewhere in the world. Who knows, maybe there was a scientist who could have cured cancer, the engineer who could have figured out the terraforming of Mars, or even the future president of the United States among the sperm that now lay on that tissue. Needless to say, I don't regret it. He's literal perfection. I can assure you that I will keep fantasizing about him and I won't stop anytime soon. Do you think that the fact that he's not real is a barrier to me? Hell no. With the help of ResetEra, I have trained lucid dreaming and astral projection to cross between the human world and the anime dimension and finally met him. We went to a McDonalds in my latest cross-dimension trip, sadly I had to wake and go to my minimum wage job. Right now I am working on my tulpa to bring him over to the human world. He might not be real to you, but he will be for me very soon.

:pika

what's his bire username though?

:pika :pika :pika
spoiler (click to show/hide)
prolly
[close]

Top of the page sexy Kirby apparently

benjipwns

« Reply #43204 on: September 05, 2019, 02:57:57 AM »
User Banned (2 Weeks): Platform warring, Antagonizing other members, History of system warring, Accumulated infractions

I see no need to be a Nintendo apologist. They could have easily put in a dozen more Splat Fests. Splatoon is about staying fresh, and is in a genre where the competition is always releasing new things. They should be half way through Splatoon 3 right now.

benjipwns

« Reply #43205 on: September 05, 2019, 03:00:45 AM »
User banned (2 weeks): inappropriate graphic commentary, history of related infractions

Shulk still should have plowed Melia's cloaca
:lol
User warned: inappropriate graphic commentary

I’d plow Kirby’s cloaca

That was a #callback for all the old fans of this thread out there.
:dead

benjipwns

« Reply #43206 on: September 05, 2019, 03:03:11 AM »
User banned (1 week): homophobic rhetoric
As a bisexual man, I'd like him to stop calling being gay a choice, given that he did so back in January after his apology tour. But apparently that's too much 'blood' for you.
No, asking someone to view your lifestyle properly isn't a lot to ask. Nor is it a lot to ask people to not celebrate devastating car crashes because one of the people in the car isn't perfect.
wait what

benjipwns

« Reply #43207 on: September 05, 2019, 03:22:05 AM »
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory Accusations and Backseat Moderation Over Multiple Posts in this Thread; Account in Junior Phase
I repeat:
The type of vile and unimaginable cruel content allowed in 4chan wouldn’t ever be allowed on Twitter or Reddit. You can’t possibly compare Trump subreddit with 4chan.
As a POC, I can’t stand people normalizing a place where psychopaths merrily posts favorably about genocide, rape and shootings.

but this is only my opinion, as I’m more sensitive about this matter.

[ Edit ]
There is a difference in allowing content and failing to moderate offensive and criminal content
Spot on. The fact that this hasn't been locked yet and Resetera openly celebrates the place (in that what was your favorite 4chan leak thread) shows me the mods don't give a shit, they want their news and clicks and are happy to promote alt right sources to get it.

User banned (duration pending): Inflammatory rhetoric

There is a vast difference between "accountability" and "total destruction".

The man is fucking dead. Suicide is ultimately the decision of the person taking their own life, but it's impossible to discount the factors, here. This dude would not be dead right now without that callout - is that not by itself reason enough to suggest something was wrong with it, or at the very least something wrong with the culture and vocabulary surrounding it?
User banned (duration pending): Inflammatory rhetoric

You have no idea what evil is you absolute coward. Mocking the dead. This mob continues to cheer his death. For shame.

attention mod captains, we need to speak, come to my chambers

daemon

« Reply #43208 on: September 05, 2019, 03:29:48 AM »
Libel isn't a crime, it's a civil tort.
---
Eron went to court because she had an order of protection against him that he got revoked and she didn't even bother to fight it.
Gross negligence is a crime. I never said libel was a crime (afaik), I said she accused him of several actions that could be construed as different crimes.
--
Because he was exercising his first amendment rights with proof on the matter.

No, the defense against libel is still the same, the truth. Which is a burden on the accuser.
---
You should be interrogated by police? Or in court by the plaintiff's attorneys when the person sues you for libel?[
Not according to every publication I read. You need to be able to prove they're false statements. But how can you prove something you haven't done when there's no factual evidence either way
---
In the event of something of such consequences as the Alec case, both. Regularly, the plaintiff attorney (that's why I said people don't usually have the cash to fight baseless accusations if it doesn't damage them on a greater than defense costs expectations).

Libel also requires damages. If you saying all those absolutely 100% true and factual things about marrec in no way affects him because he's a piece of shit transphobe who does far worse things like recommend medical experts make decisions over internet transgenders you're not damaging him in anyway.

That's not even getting into the absurdity of a system that allows you to sue to force people to pretend your reputation is different in their minds. /obligatory-philosophical-anarchism-101

Agreed on the libel needing damages. In the Alec case, I think it applies.
---
It's not about pretend reputation, it's about making absolute baseless statements no proof can corroborate on a specific individual. If it's a broad comment like saying: "all men are rapists"... that's a broad generalization, and no man should be able to sue that person for libel, for example. but when it comes to specific and directed allegations. Does this mean Trump and Hillary would be able to sue some people for spreading misinformation? I don't know where the line should be drawn for people who are public figures. Certainly, Alec wasn't one.
[close]

No1Curr for benji

As a bisexual man, I'd like him to stop calling being gay a choice, given that he did so back in January after his apology tour. But apparently that's too much 'blood' for you.
No, asking someone to view your lifestyle properly isn't a lot to ask. Nor is it a lot to ask people to not celebrate devastating car crashes because one of the people in the car isn't perfect.
wait what

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #43209 on: September 05, 2019, 03:45:28 AM »
I take back everything I said about the REEE mods having changed policy. They have long since ploughed headlong into absurdity and rather than try to course correct, they have just floored the accelerator. They are going to hit ludicrous speed very soon and then the real fun will begin.
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43210 on: September 05, 2019, 03:47:05 AM »
wait what
He merely called Kevin not perfect.
But everyone knows he's a bigot nazi sexist transphobe and homophobe and should just fuck off!

He does comedy and I bet he votes Republican.
He did not disavow Dave Chappelle.

Karma's a bitch Kevin
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #43211 on: September 05, 2019, 03:51:08 AM »
Not according to every publication I read. You need to be able to prove they're false statements. But how can you prove something you haven't done when there's no factual evidence either way
No, the burden is on the person being sued to show their claims are true. It's not on the person suing for libel/defamation.

Even the UK, the last bastion of the abusive libel case, has changed to this standard.

Gross negligence doesn't work as Zoe Tiberius Quinn has/had no legal duty towards Alec that I'm aware of, let alone one to not claim he walked her around with his fingers in her disgusting cunt.

He should have sued her claiming that no reasonable person would have put their fingers in there. Then continued appealing until the Supreme Court ruled on the reasonable person standard in this case.

benjipwns

« Reply #43212 on: September 05, 2019, 03:56:50 AM »
By an 8-1 ruling the court finds that no "reasonable person" would indeed place their fingers in there, Justice Alito concurs in part and dissents in part because he says "I dunno, I might consider it."

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43214 on: September 05, 2019, 04:12:27 AM »
By an 8-1 ruling the court finds that no "reasonable person" would indeed place their fingers in there, Justice Alito concurs in part and dissents in part because he says "I dunno, I might consider it."
Brett was told by PJ such an act was physically impossible. Of course at the time PJ made this attempt Brett's calendar shows he was doing baseball practice and did not witness or partake in the act.
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #43215 on: September 05, 2019, 04:13:59 AM »
are you sure it wasn't Squee?

« Reply #43216 on: September 05, 2019, 04:16:50 AM »
Brett was told by PJ such an act was physically impossible. Of course at the time PJ made this attempt Brett's calendar shows he was doing baseball practice and did not witness or partake in the act.

A Devil's Triangle is when you finger Zoe with your left hand while modding r/gendercritical alongside top mod marrec with your right hand as banbot blasts your back door in his Yaniv cosplay.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43217 on: September 05, 2019, 04:19:45 AM »
Maybe alec had incriminating evidence against Hillary Clinton  :kermit
🤴

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #43218 on: September 05, 2019, 04:40:48 AM »
wait what
He merely called Kevin not perfect.
But everyone knows he's a bigot nazi sexist transphobe and homophobe and should just fuck off!

He does comedy and I bet he votes Republican.
He did not disavow Dave Chappelle.

Karma's a bitch Kevin

Nah he said "view your lifestyle properly", clearly saying he thinks being bisexual is a choice. I'd ban him too. Sounds like a prick.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #43220 on: September 05, 2019, 05:42:44 AM »
Who hurt Sophia?

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #43221 on: September 05, 2019, 05:56:05 AM »

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #43222 on: September 05, 2019, 06:13:04 AM »
Everyone's a nazi these days :yeshrug

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #43223 on: September 05, 2019, 07:20:42 AM »
People:Be better
Person: I'm trying
People: Not good enough

Person : :pika

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #43224 on: September 05, 2019, 07:22:55 AM »
People:Be better
Person: I'm trying
People: Not good enough
Person commits suicide

People  :pika

fixed for a modern age

daemon

« Reply #43225 on: September 05, 2019, 07:55:36 AM »
No, the burden is on the person being sued to show their claims are true. It's not on the person suing for libel/defamation.

Even the UK, the last bastion of the abusive libel case, has changed to this standard.

Gross negligence doesn't work as Zoe Tiberius Quinn has/had no legal duty towards Alec that I'm aware of, let alone one to not claim he walked her around with his fingers in her disgusting cunt.

He should have sued her claiming that no reasonable person would have put their fingers in there. Then continued appealing until the Supreme Court ruled on the reasonable person standard in this case.

"Proving libel
There are several things a person must prove to establish that libel has taken place. In the United States, a person must prove that the statement was false, caused harm, and was made without adequate research into the truthfulness of the statement. These steps are for an ordinary citizen. For a celebrity or public official, a per"son must prove the first three steps, and that the statement was made with the intent to do harm or with reckless disregard for the truth,[15] which is usually specifically referred to as "actual malice".[16]

Every piece of information regarding libel says that the plaintiff needs to prove the statement is false. Would absence of proof make it false by default, even when quoting an intimate encounter with no witnesses?

About the gross negligence (let's settle for ordinary negligence), it could be argued that ZQ is an expert on the subject of cyber harassment, has done an actual entity to deal with such harassment and gave a talk on cyber harassment on the UN. Having that sort of knowledge is what makes it entirely different from you or me making a tweet about an experience in our lives. Add knowing the social outreach she knows she has. You can't claim ignorance of consequences when you've had your life "upside down" for 5 years due to a blog post. Negligence doesn't require people on your care to happen.

also, from the Eron chatlogs:

[close]
currPost.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 08:24:08 AM by daemon »

kingv

« Reply #43226 on: September 05, 2019, 09:00:44 AM »
In a rare public statement during a Supreme Court heading, Justice Thomas broke his usual silence in the Zoe Tiberius Quinn hearing today to say “... I put a pube on a bitches coke once”

marrec

« Reply #43227 on: September 05, 2019, 09:59:43 AM »
Y'all see that Gears 5 has pride flag skins for banners?

I dig it.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #43228 on: September 05, 2019, 10:32:43 AM »

I dig it.

I hope they removed the swastika

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #43229 on: September 05, 2019, 10:33:23 AM »
If homosexuality was a choice, you better believe i'd choose to get fucked in the ass by other guys.

Ghoul

« Reply #43230 on: September 05, 2019, 10:33:51 AM »
it's really strange seeing pride flags in such an ultra violent game.

If homosexuality was a choice, you better believe i'd choose to get fucked in the ass by other guys.

no one is shocked.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #43231 on: September 05, 2019, 10:37:03 AM »
Kirby is the fat girl who gives good bjs because without that she'd be forever alone
:O

Ghoul

« Reply #43232 on: September 05, 2019, 10:38:55 AM »
Kirby is the fat girl who gives good bjs because without that she'd be forever alone

:brain :brain :brain

she thought Penis was pork.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #43233 on: September 05, 2019, 10:41:36 AM »
Man you guys are gross

marrec

« Reply #43234 on: September 05, 2019, 10:51:18 AM »

no one is shocked.

They should do themed weekends like TERFs vs. Trans like splatfests but less political

james

« Reply #43235 on: September 05, 2019, 11:14:47 AM »
Man you guys are gross

Total Time Spent Online:
    79 days, 16 hours and 18 minutes.
Total Posts:
    4125 posts

:comeon

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #43236 on: September 05, 2019, 11:21:36 AM »
I meant gross in the sense that sex is gross

:nope

Ghoul

« Reply #43237 on: September 05, 2019, 11:40:55 AM »

no one is shocked.

They should do themed weekends like TERFs vs. Trans like splatfests but less political

the mess that would be would be glorious, I am however all for inclusion.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #43238 on: September 05, 2019, 11:51:58 AM »
The straight pride flag being black and white and dull always seemed very offensive to me. Someday I hope we live in a world where no-one needs a flag to represent who they fuck. I mean flags are bad in general. Fuck all chauvinism.

FStop7

« Reply #43239 on: September 05, 2019, 12:18:14 PM »
Dude. There are WAY too many games to keep track of at once, and way more than one can buy. I can't ever tell when something is going to be good or not. Sometimes you'll spend a while trying different games and none of them quite grab you. That shit takes time for some of us. Plus, sometimes you wait to pick up a game that's totally different to something you've played before, because frankly, most people can't afford to just throw down $60 at launch for something they might not even like. Then, other things take their attention away and they lose track. Because again, there's TOO. FUCKING. MANY GAMES. "If you really cared." Dude, you're missing the point. I care, because I care, because I'd...ya know, NEVER PLAYED IT. How the fuck am I supposed to know whether I'll care about it. I've been wrong both ways way too many times. It's not because I don't "know my tastes." It's that I, and a lot of people like me, like experiencing new things. Some of those click, others take a little longer to click, and some never click at all. Like dude, hell sometimes people don't even know games exist, or in this case, hear everywhere that it's bad. I spend a lot of time on Era but all I ever heard was that it was a complete and utter shit show. Why would I investigate further? There are too many games to look into to see if they are a shit show 5 years later. Given that even when on "sale" recently it still cost me over $60 to grab the content for Driveclub, that's fucking expensive for me still. I'm sorry but I can't spend that much money on every game I be interested in. I don't know when I'll enjoy a game or not. I really fucking thought I'd enjoy Monster Hunter World, and guess what for the very first bit I did, but ultimately it had too many aspects that annoyed and stressed me out, so I dropped it. That was $60. Gone because well sorry but I prefer digital. But physical still wouldn't help a whole lot because my time is not constantly available consistently. Sorry, life exists. I will never have enough money to try the games I want. But what about say, Dark Souls? I never, ever would have thought I'd enjoy it, but it was FREE on xbox games with gold way back and I loved the hell out of it...eventually. That game was so incredible in changed my life, and I never would have even tried it. Because of that I've learned to be more open about what I try, but with that comes the fact that there are WAY. TOO. MANY. And at some point I've gotta prioritize based on how games look, what people say about them, gut feeling, and availability. Like, I'm sorry I don't have infinite money to try everything I want to at launch, and I'm sorry that I don't enjoy every game that I buy, but I've got to spend my money wisely, because yeah, . That's such a myopic fucking view. You can't look at this shit in a vacuum. Why the hell does this need to be explained to you? And I don't have people I can borrow games from, and rentals are far too expensive for me to figure out if I like them or not. Moreover, I'm supposed to fucking be able to enjoy games. Ya know, like, as a luxury. A pass time. All of ya'll would say "don't force yourself to play shit you don't want to play." Well yeah, so I don't. I play what I feel like playing. Guess what, as a human, that fucking changes. 6 months ago I was really deep into Destiny 2. I wouldn't have time nor would I have cared enough to enjoy Driveclub. Lately, I've been feeling racing games more, and I was going to do Forza 6 but I heard this was getting delisted and a lot of people lamented that saying it was a great game, so I tried it instead, and wow, it's great, despite everything I'd heard about it before recently. Similar happened with Gravity Rush. I loved the online aspect of Gravity Rush 2, but I'd been trying to do other things that also were going away, so I didn't have a ton of time with it, but the time I did have was wonderful. And I was only lucky enough to try those two because I have a PS4. Most people can't own every console so are physically unable to try some games financially. "You have no excuse" fuck OFF. Every purchase is a bet, no matter how many of my friends my like or dislike a game. I don't know a single person who I trust to recommend games who would have recommended Dust an Elysian Tale, and guess what, I fucking love that game. Everyone I know told me to try Gears of War 4, and while I loved the previous games, I really didn't like it at all and still haven't finished it. I never would have thought to play Viva Pinata but I adore it and it's like my favorite game ever. NieR I never would have played because I HAD NEVER HEARD OF IT despite being on GAF constantly. Like, sorry? But a random classmate mentioned it, and I tried it. Holy shit I still use its music to fall asleep. I am constantly on the hunt for games that will stir in me those magical feelings that I'll never get like them again ever. A lot of those of us who are huge fans of video games are that way. Like, fucking forgive us for being humans with lives and limited time and resources trying to find meaningful games that impact them and provide them with lasting memories when we get annoyed that a game we were interested in but couldn't try gets delisted. And don't fucking mock me with some "lol Driveclub is gonna give you lasting memories" why the fuck do you think you get to judge what people value and enjoy? Like seriously, I'm so fucking tired of this weird pseudo-idealistic, axiomatic, theoretical out of touch accusatory bullshit. Nothing works as neat and tidy as you act like it does. And what's worse, get the fuck out of here with that audacity to come in here and tell people off and fucking scold them like children because they didn't align with your myopic viewpoint. "ThAt's No ExCUse." Where the fuck do you get off talking to people like that? Especially when you haven't taken a single moment to consider the practical reality of this situation, and act as if everyone just has infinite attention. You have no fucking excuse for being such a prick. Seriously. Fuck. Off.

:umad

Dude wrote 1152 words cause Driveclub went anyway I guess.  Last bunch of sentences has some :delicious salt

Quote from: Chettlar, post: 24195675, member: 4628
I am tired of people criticizing others and talking down to them, telling them what they "ought to have done" and that they have "no excuse."  It's nonsense.  It's demeaning, and ignores that real life is complicated.  It's an asshat thing to do, and I'm so fucking sick of it every time anyone ever in any thread anywhere on this forum dares to express disappointment at a delisting of any given game.  Telling someone they have "no excuse" for not having to have been up to speed on every game they might have interest in as if it's some ineptitude and not just, ya know, fucking life, is an entitled, presumptuous, asshole thing to do.  That's not how life works, and acting like someone is at fault for something slipping past them is so stupid.  Not everyone can be on Era every day hearing about every game that they might be interested in, so when they are reminded about a game by hearing about its delisting, it's fucking fine to let them express dismay at that without being an asshat and telling them they have "no excuse" to dislike that.  Plus, again.  Funds.  Not everyone can scrounge up money when we do hear a game we wanted is getting delisted but will remain fairly pricey.  Some of us are poor.  "No excuse" my ass.

So sorry for the rant but this happens EVERY. TIME.

He has no point.  His point is criticizing others for not living in his idealized world where everyone has access and awareness and funds and time for the things they want to pursue.  You can't criticize someone for prioritizing one game over another and then being sad that they had no way of knowing they should have done it the other way.

If I decide, hey, I wanna play two games, but hm it's a tossup, I'll go with A, and then B suddenly gets delisted sometimes with no warning, that fucking sucks.  I don't have "no excuse" for not having played B.  I just decided on A, but I wanted both.  Because ya know, people can like more than one thing.

So extend that to the immense complexity that is life and it just becomes so bizarre and silly to criticize someone that they didn't prioritize which order they went about acquiring games that they wanted to play or didn't even know they wanted to play until later, when they had no way of knowing how things would shake out in the end.

It's a shitty, insulting thing to do.  Don't fucking excuse it.

EDIT: also

This is where this fucking tone deaf stuff gets fucking annoying.  Maybe where YOU were, it was.  For me, all I heard it was incredibly divisive and shitty and not worth it, while some people said the driving was okay.  Hell even people I knew who loved the driving specifically said the game was just broken and not worth it for quite a while.

"has been praised." yeah, so what?  You act as if the space you inhabit is the world.  That's why this is so annoying.  You aren't recognizing that others can occupy other spaces than you do, even within similar websites.  That's why I used the word "myopic."  You're only seeing what you've seen and acting like it's just so obvious and everywhere.  You're placing your world on other people, who didn't inhabit that world, and placing judgement that would be applicable to you with the knowledge you had, on them who did not have that knowledge.  Again.  There are a lot of fucking games out there.  Quit acting like everyone knows everything about every game, because in order to match up to your line of thinking, they would have to if they never wanted to get criticized for missing out on a game.  That's just not realistic and presumptuous as hell.

:no1curr lmao who fucking cares

james

« Reply #43240 on: September 05, 2019, 12:18:18 PM »
The straight pride flag being black and white and dull always seemed very offensive to me. Someday I hope we live in a world where no-one needs a flag to represent who they fuck. I mean flags are bad in general. Fuck all chauvinism.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #43242 on: September 05, 2019, 12:25:58 PM »

I dig it.

Fallout 76 does too. I use it, but it doesn't piss people off like I'd hoped. :(

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #43243 on: September 05, 2019, 12:31:04 PM »
I got curious because you guys talk about this person so much and searched her name on Resetera... there's only like a half dozen "hits" that actually are for her name and it's all people talking shit.

Because nobody who currs about their era account wants to make a topic about a self-proclaimed trans woman suing low income immigrants for transphobia for refusing to wax her cock and balls

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #43244 on: September 05, 2019, 12:33:04 PM »
soo ... she got bullied off twitter then?
No. It's not bullying when people give you mild criticism to something that fairly upsets them and then you defensively spiral to the point where you feel you have to leave.

webcomic about sealions

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #43245 on: September 05, 2019, 12:40:58 PM »
No. It's not bullying when people give you mild criticism to something that fairly upsets them and then you defensively spiral to the point where you feel you have to leave.

webcomic about sealions

Time to play a game of "Who said it? Gamergate or Crybullies".

stufte

« Reply #43246 on: September 05, 2019, 12:47:01 PM »
Everyone in that thread downplaying cancel culture reminds me of the right wing journalists downplaying torture techniques like waterboarding. Until they go through it themselves they have NO idea how awful it is.

"It's just water on your face bro, why are you so upset?"

daemon

« Reply #43247 on: September 05, 2019, 12:49:48 PM »

webcomic about sealions

I agree with his response but why is he talking about Zoe Quinn?

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #43248 on: September 05, 2019, 01:04:55 PM »

There are way more examples of it happening to people who do deserve it than don't, it's not even close.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-cancel-culture-actually-a-real-thing.138969/post-24251121

Red Mercury making a good case for keeping the death penalty

stufte

« Reply #43249 on: September 05, 2019, 01:11:26 PM »

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #43250 on: September 05, 2019, 01:11:52 PM »
 :neogaf

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #43251 on: September 05, 2019, 01:19:09 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43252 on: September 05, 2019, 01:24:47 PM »
I hope, and I'm still half delirius and sedated atm. that the world floods and we live on cute little islands like the wind waker. So you can visit cat island, edm island, gay island etc. and the world is peaceful and friendly  :heart
🤴

daemon

« Reply #43253 on: September 05, 2019, 01:27:39 PM »
Can some of you distinguished ERA members let Redmercury know the definition of culture? As in: the ideas, customs, and social behaviour of a particular people or society.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #43254 on: September 05, 2019, 01:27:51 PM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43255 on: September 05, 2019, 01:47:22 PM »
Can some of you distinguished ERA members let Redmercury know the definition of culture? As in: the ideas, customs, and social behaviour of a particular people or society.

also who the fuck cares about the specific words used to describe it when colloquially everyone knows what is being discussed

call it "#ending gangup" I don't care

Quote from: RedMercury
Why do these clowns call it "ending," no one on twitter is actually being "ended," and it shouldn't be referred to as a gangup because there isn't literally gang activity taking place.  Gangs are very clearly defined entities by law enforcement so it's disingenuous at best when people describe it like that.

There is no such thing as hashtag ending gangup.
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #43256 on: September 05, 2019, 02:33:43 PM »
That's the one that tweeted about not being able to go in the pool cause she was bleeding out right?

Ghoul

« Reply #43257 on: September 05, 2019, 02:42:24 PM »
Remember that fake image about that person that tried to get a volunteer fired?

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/09/04/haverford-township-bon-air-fire-company-closed-failing-take-action-volunteer-allegedly-affiliated-extremist-group/

:dead

wait did the image of shamu trying to get a person from the red cross be a fake?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #43258 on: September 05, 2019, 02:45:25 PM »
The township says the group’s tenet is that they are “Western chauvinists who refuse to apologize for creating the modern world” and promoted “closed borders,” “anti-political correctness,” and “venerating the housewife.”

No better way to venerate your housewife than with some BBC.
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #43259 on: September 05, 2019, 03:00:06 PM »
The township says the group’s tenet is that they are “Western chauvinists who refuse to apologize for creating the modern world” and promoted “closed borders,” “anti-political correctness,” and “venerating the housewife.”

No better way to venerate your housewife than with some BBC.

Love the shows, great production value.
ὕβρις