Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3800402 times)

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #43440 on: September 06, 2019, 03:39:06 PM »
Modern-era McCarthyism is an important issue.
Honestly I feel like the simple solution here is if you don't like a thing, fuck off. Don't like women in comics? Don't buy and read it. Don't want hyper masculine content? Don't buy and read it. Just stop crusading against things not meant for you, live and let live, there's enough room for everyone.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #43441 on: September 06, 2019, 03:39:19 PM »
Alright, let me shutdown my ComicsGate patreon  ::)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #43442 on: September 06, 2019, 03:40:16 PM »

You are not fighting it, you are just making it worse.
It's called cultural accelerationism.
:rofl

Boredfrom

« Reply #43443 on: September 06, 2019, 03:41:46 PM »
B-b-but Nick!!!  :point

I think Boredfrom cares about vic and comicsgate more than anyone on this forum. Defending a bunch of hypocritical nepotistic distinguished mentally-challenged fellows to own the gamers.

Did I defend anybody? I think outside saying that I’m biased towards Mark Waid, I have been prettying Neutral about all this.
I don't like Richard Meyer but I'm 100% against Mark Waid threatening publishers to stop competetitors of his who had contracts with said publisher from publishing comics. Its even illegal!

Fair enough. Just saying that people like Nick and Richard Meyer makes me feel less likely to take this stuff seriously, and for better or worse they are also pretty involved in making this dramas worse and more annoying for people that just don’t want all this.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #43444 on: September 06, 2019, 03:51:56 PM »
Richard Meyer is a weird one, he started off leaning heavily into drama and did nothing else, then decided to make comics and put his money where his mouth is. He still leans heavily into the drama and attacks stuff that really has nothing to do with him (like America Chavez and SquirelGirl etc). For me when you produce content of your own in the sphere you're critical of you're no longer a full time grifter. For Nick, he's a practising attorney who talks about law so he's got a body of work also. Are they toxic at times? You bet your ass, do they have annoying fanthings? Absolutely. Do they themselves make galaxy brained comments? For sure. It's okay to not like them, they are annoying at times but they're also free to be idiots on the Internet if they choose. People on the other side of this are just as guilty of the same shit, its not worth getting into the feels territory for any of these people, if you're interested digest the information that's verifiably true and fuck the rest

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #43445 on: September 06, 2019, 03:52:14 PM »
[bloktext]

Boredfrom

« Reply #43446 on: September 06, 2019, 03:54:10 PM »
Yeah, but i don’t celebrate people from the other side that are like them.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #43447 on: September 06, 2019, 03:57:30 PM »
Honestly I feel like the simple solution here is if you don't like a thing, fuck off. Don't like women in comics? Don't buy and read it. Don't want hyper masculine content? Don't buy and read it. Just stop crusading against things not meant for you, live and let live, there's enough room for everyone.

As much as I agree with this the rest of what you said, I really hate the cult-of-personality e-celebrity era we're living in. Especially when it's morons like Rogan or Peterson with their pseudo self-help bullshit. (And there's plenty on the left too). Though I agree crusading against them is a huge waste of time.

nudemacusers

« Reply #43448 on: September 06, 2019, 03:57:48 PM »
As soon as posts hit more than two lines I stop reading 😴
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #43449 on: September 06, 2019, 03:58:22 PM »
Neither do I, can't care about any of the add on people. The Vic thing is fairly settled for me, even without judgement (I'm curious how it turns out still) The Meyer thing I'm mostly interested in the legal result so I'll check in every couple of months to see what they decide.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #43450 on: September 06, 2019, 04:03:27 PM »

As much as I agree with this the rest of what you said, I really hate the cult-of-personality e-celebrity era we're living in. Especially when it's morons like Rogan or Peterson with their pseudo self-help bullshit. (And there's plenty on the left too). Though I agree crusading against them is a huge waste of time.
You think I'm happy when people in discord say 'you guys see the news in the latest quartering video?' I just laugh to myself, scroll past and remember to keep my conversations to game mechanics with said people. It's truly infuriating having conversations with people who read/watch nothing but slanted 'news' but the choice is always mine to engage or not.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #43451 on: September 06, 2019, 04:05:52 PM »
A lot of people don't have our willpower Momo. It's called clickbait for a reason

Boredfrom

« Reply #43452 on: September 06, 2019, 04:06:29 PM »

I don’t think people should going to crusade against anyone, but is annoying how many people repeat stuff from them unchallenged from people that should know better.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #43453 on: September 06, 2019, 04:11:39 PM »
Unless it's someone I personally care about, I won't argue with them, it's only hurting my sanity in the short term and for what? A win on the Internet? If its a friend I talk with everyday I'll try and dissuade them from leaning heavily into dumbshit by sometimes arguing, won't do it all the time though, that's a friendship killer. Usually I just suggest reading things from both extreme sides, see which facts fit and mull it over in their brain.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #43454 on: September 06, 2019, 04:14:53 PM »
Things aren't going to get better before they become worse, the slow boil shit is the absolute worst state to be in, which is exactly where we are. We can only hope for more Alec Holowka's to improve the state of things.

marrec

« Reply #43455 on: September 06, 2019, 04:17:00 PM »
oh jesus shut the fuck up about it and post something stupid from ERA already

if not I'll start careposting and nobody wants that

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #43456 on: September 06, 2019, 04:17:22 PM »
Things aren't going to get better before they become worse, the slow boil shit is the absolute worst state to be in, which is exactly where we are. We can only hope for more Alec Holowka's to improve the state of things.
I think your voice is valuable on here as it represents a side of the Internet a lot of people here aren't familiar with, but this post? Yikes man  :doge

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #43457 on: September 06, 2019, 04:18:23 PM »
Godammit marrec. BanBot was seconds away from telling us that Adam Lanza is his hero.

marrec

« Reply #43458 on: September 06, 2019, 04:19:23 PM »
Like my protestations are going to stop BanBot from making himself look horrifically stupid

FunSlower

« Reply #43459 on: September 06, 2019, 04:20:00 PM »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #43460 on: September 06, 2019, 04:20:21 PM »
Like my protestations are going to stop BanBot from making himself look horrifically stupid

Well you don't have to be mean about it

marrec

« Reply #43461 on: September 06, 2019, 04:21:29 PM »

Well you don't have to be mean about it

I apologize to the horrifically stupid people I've offended by associating them with BanBot it won't happen again.

I hope Antonio Brown calls him a cracker tho

ResetBanBot

« Reply #43462 on: September 06, 2019, 04:22:36 PM »
of course the alternative is we just get more Alec Holowka's and nothing changes and the cycle just repeats forever, truly the most empathetic outcome.

marrec

« Reply #43463 on: September 06, 2019, 04:23:14 PM »
of course the alternative is we just get more Alec Holowka's and nothing changes and the cycle just repeats forever, truly the most empathetic outcome.

maybe we'll get a few Epsteins along the way ever think about that buddy?

ResetBanBot

« Reply #43464 on: September 06, 2019, 04:24:28 PM »
but Epstein didn't kill himself

marrec

« Reply #43465 on: September 06, 2019, 04:25:38 PM »
 :brain :brain :brain :brain :brain :brain :brain :brain :brain :brain :brain :brain :brain :brain

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #43466 on: September 06, 2019, 04:26:01 PM »
There's also the chance people will realise how ridiculous they all are/we're as they age out of their parents basements. Our generation is a bit fucked but we're very different from genX and boomers and such, the next generation might be normal and age might bring sanity to our generation

ResetBanBot

« Reply #43467 on: September 06, 2019, 04:28:09 PM »
Narratives are already beginning to change as a direct result of Etika and Alec. True heroes, dying for our sins.

Except Alec is still a soy.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #43468 on: September 06, 2019, 04:29:00 PM »
Maybe a marrec carepost is the punishment we all collectively deserve

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #43469 on: September 06, 2019, 04:30:26 PM »
This is why I stick with the politics thread these days. Only smart posters like Nintex, none of this banbot bullshit
:O

marrec

« Reply #43470 on: September 06, 2019, 04:31:11 PM »
That's it you fuckboi you asked for this:

Alec Holowka killing himself doesn't mean he wasn't an abusive sex pervert creep, it doesn't mean Zoe is a murderer, or ERA, or any other boogeyman you've imagined in your head. You trying to twist this into some good thing or proof that Zoe wasn't abused or that any of the other people who came forward about him weren't abused is a manifestation of your own desire to get away with treating other people like garbage. Shut the fuck up about how many windmills you think you've tilted your lance toward.

Abusers can be just as mentally unstable as anyone else and the weight of past guilts can be heavy, Alec killing himself is a tragedy for the family and does not give any vindication to his victims.

God damn you are a vile person.

Boredfrom

« Reply #43471 on: September 06, 2019, 04:41:48 PM »
 :doge

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #43472 on: September 06, 2019, 04:51:25 PM »
Also i bet 140lbs is more than Shosta and Tasty weighs combined while wet from a swim in cemen.

FTFY.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

thisismyusername

« Reply #43474 on: September 06, 2019, 04:58:11 PM »
That's it you fuckboi you asked for this:

Alec Holowka killing himself doesn't mean he wasn't an abusive sex pervert creep, it doesn't mean Zoe is a murderer, or ERA, or any other boogeyman you've imagined in your head. You trying to twist this into some good thing or proof that Zoe wasn't abused or that any of the other people who came forward about him weren't abused is a manifestation of your own desire to get away with treating other people like garbage. Shut the fuck up about how many windmills you think you've tilted your lance toward.

Abusers can be just as mentally unstable as anyone else and the weight of past guilts can be heavy, Alec killing himself is a tragedy for the family and does not give any vindication to his victims.

God damn you are a vile person.

...That's it? That's your care post? :goty2

Pogi is better. :goty2

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #43475 on: September 06, 2019, 04:59:50 PM »
Pogi is too busy arguing on reddit with posts like this:

Not necessarily. It depends how you group the words. If you group it like this:

"fail to disagree" = ranges from "agree" to "remain neutral in opinion"

...then it turns into maximum lack of [agreement AND neutrality], i.e. disagreement: "I couldn't [not disagree] with you less." = "I couldn't [disagree] with you more." = "I am at maximum disagreement with you.

:O

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #43476 on: September 06, 2019, 05:01:16 PM »
I can't believe Zeoy Quinn killed that dude.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #43477 on: September 06, 2019, 05:03:10 PM »
The truth of who is responsible for Alec's death does not matter, and it is literally unknowable, just like his status as an abuser.

The fact that questions are being raised about Etika's and Alec's death is all that matters, it is the formation of cracks in the current zeitgeist. Ultimately this will reduce the number of suicides.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43478 on: September 06, 2019, 05:04:31 PM »
I can't believe Zeoy Quinn killed that dude.

not that dude, the other dude
Uncle

Shuri

« Reply #43479 on: September 06, 2019, 05:08:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-popular-is-snk-in-europe.139525/

:mindblown what the fuck is up with resetera posters acting like SNK was some sort of super unknown entity back in the days.

thisismyusername

« Reply #43480 on: September 06, 2019, 05:09:45 PM »
Pogi is too busy arguing on reddit with posts like this:

Not necessarily. It depends how you group the words. If you group it like this:

"fail to disagree" = ranges from "agree" to "remain neutral in opinion"

...then it turns into maximum lack of [agreement AND neutrality], i.e. disagreement: "I couldn't [not disagree] with you less." = "I couldn't [disagree] with you more." = "I am at maximum disagreement with you.

He's forsaken my love for the harlot reddit. :goty2

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I only visit reddit for Chapo now.
[close]

thisismyusername

« Reply #43481 on: September 06, 2019, 05:10:43 PM »

:mindblown what the fuck is up with resetera posters acting like SNK was some sort of super unknown entity back in the days.

Nintendo-GAF, Shuri. Nintendo-GAF.

Oops, meant to edit this in. Well, whatever.

marrec

« Reply #43482 on: September 06, 2019, 05:12:17 PM »
The truth of who is responsible for Alec's death does not matter, and it is literally unknowable, just like his status as an abuser.

The fact that questions are being raised about Etika's and Alec's death is all that matters, it is the formation of cracks in the current zeitgeist. Ultimately this will reduce the number of suicides.
Only galaxy brain morons like you are asking these questions

paprikastaude

« Reply #43483 on: September 06, 2019, 05:20:00 PM »

Nintendo-GAF, Shuri. Nintendo-GAF.

Oops, meant to edit this in. Well, whatever.

It's the community that celebrates being sold decade old games at full price, because they probably never owned a console with real 3rd party support :goldberg

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43484 on: September 06, 2019, 05:21:24 PM »

Only galaxy brain morons like you are asking these questions

if the question is "wow should we be handling public accusations a little differently?" or "should we maybe wait for more evidence before heaping abuse on either party involved, since this is a private matter with two sides to the story?" then I think a lot of reasonable people are asking those questions
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #43485 on: September 06, 2019, 05:30:18 PM »
Didn't alec kill hisself?

Pretty sure that's who is responsible.

This isn't clinton and epstein.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #43486 on: September 06, 2019, 05:31:17 PM »
Alec didn't kill himself, he *George Carlin voice* "passed away".

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43487 on: September 06, 2019, 05:35:28 PM »
There is a certain schadenfreude in seeing Quinn shamed into leaving twitter, but if you're against 'cancel culture' you'd have to be a hypocrite to think that she deserves the same tarring and vilification that Holowka got. Only morons believe in eye-for-an-eye.

she didn't leave are you kidding

she's coming right back

I think you have 30 days, you can come right back like nothing happened and have all your tweets and followers and everything

and if you have a blue checkmark you have like an entire year to do that before you're really deleted

btw I was correct about this

she's back but her tweets are protected
Uncle

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #43488 on: September 06, 2019, 05:38:42 PM »
Had high hopes for this thread

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-statistical-analysis-of-fgc-racism.139527/

was let down

half of those from Enzom21 before people found out he was white

Thread dies right here for some reason.  :trumps
ὕβρις

BikeJesus

« Reply #43489 on: September 06, 2019, 05:40:27 PM »
You know that shit is going to be wiped from the site, so always archive.

http://archive.fo/JBUeR

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #43490 on: September 06, 2019, 05:42:49 PM »
oh no wiped from the site oh no

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #43491 on: September 06, 2019, 05:45:41 PM »

:what
There's a wide gulf between the mystery of one's mind and assessing if one's person has been abusive. Certainly in theory... And as far as this specific person is concerned, in practice as well.
ὕβρις

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #43492 on: September 06, 2019, 05:53:05 PM »
*Turns on tv*

A comedy about someone's mom dying of cancer is on. Almost as funny as Nanette.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43493 on: September 06, 2019, 05:57:40 PM »

There's a wide gulf between the mystery of one's mind and assessing if one's person has been abusive. Certainly in theory... And as far as this specific person is concerned, in practice as well.

as far as his status as an abuser?  the abuse was puppeteering zoe around the house

if alec had told his side of the story, who knows, context can change everything

maybe she asked him to do it because she thought it sounded kinky

that's why we can't know, we have one side of the story and if there are reasons that can absolve him we won't hear them now
Uncle

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #43494 on: September 06, 2019, 06:13:51 PM »

as far as his status as an abuser?  the abuse was puppeteering zoe around the house

if alec had told his side of the story, who knows, context can change everything

maybe she asked him to do it because she thought it sounded kinky

that's why we can't know, we have one side of the story and if there are reasons that can absolve him we won't hear them now

Someone being sexually abusive can be defined in legal terms and possibly demonstrated in a court of law. Setting aside the particulars of our opinion about him at this moment, it's very much possible in theory to be able in the future to assess with some certainty if Holowka was an abusive person. It's not remotely as "literally unknowable" as what one thinks when deciding to end their own life except in a very ethereal philosophical framing of "can we know anything really, especially when it involves strangers".

It's kind of a weird turn of a phrase and argument.
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #43495 on: September 06, 2019, 06:29:32 PM »
oh no wiped from the site oh no
You don’t take photos of your toilet paper before you flush  ???
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43496 on: September 06, 2019, 06:32:29 PM »
This is why I stick with the politics thread these days. Only smart posters like Nintex, none of this banbot bullshit
Banbot :nope

Nintex :ohyeah
🤴

ResetBanBot

« Reply #43497 on: September 06, 2019, 06:38:35 PM »
Setting aside the particulars of our opinion about him at this moment, it's very much possible in theory to be able in the future to assess with some certainty if Holowka was an abusive person.
How? Almost everyone involved in this situation is deeply entrenched in a culture that is very willing to cover up and create mobs out of nothing.

marrec

« Reply #43498 on: September 06, 2019, 06:40:15 PM »
A giant conspiracy by numerous people to make sure we think a man was abusive lmao

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #43499 on: September 06, 2019, 06:40:47 PM »
It's called a finger walk btw.