Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3752079 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #43320 on: September 06, 2019, 08:42:13 AM »
it was fine but certainly not worthy of the over the top reactions from either side

Himu

« Reply #43321 on: September 06, 2019, 08:43:41 AM »
Still haven’t watched
IYKYK

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #43322 on: September 06, 2019, 08:44:22 AM »
I LOLed a few times but yeah it wasn't earth shattering.  At least he seemed more into it, rather than his past couple of specials, where he looked super high/bored.

I think the Netflix mold of comedy that is dictating a new hour every year is resulting a lot of watered-down content.  I really haven't been impressed with a comedy special for a while.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43323 on: September 06, 2019, 08:45:36 AM »
Most NBs are female born.

just talking about recent coming-outs that seem to be on the rise

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=46206.msg2687158#msg2687158

Last year, Peter Coffin, a bearded, male-presenting feminist, came out publicly as nonbinary because “I am physically happy with myself but severely dislike my place in the gender dynamic.” In fact, Coffin wrote, “it just felt like the dynamic didn’t apply to me.” Ignoring the fact that Coffin still reads as male to the world at large (and will continue to reap the accompanying benefits of such, whatever they might be), it’s not hard to see the reasoning: Men are Bad. I am Not Bad. Hence, I am Not a Man.

https://twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/1168910673168031747

Uncle

Himu

« Reply #43324 on: September 06, 2019, 08:47:44 AM »
“I am physically happy with myself but severely dislike my place in the gender dynamic.”

What.

IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43325 on: September 06, 2019, 08:55:37 AM »
I LOLed a few times but yeah it wasn't earth shattering.  At least he seemed more into it, rather than his past couple of specials, where he looked super high/bored.

I think the Netflix mold of comedy that is dictating a new hour every year is resulting a lot of watered-down content.  I really haven't been impressed with a comedy special for a while.
On his podcast Joe Rogan said that most comedians use it as an advertising platform to seek out new audiences in overseas markets, sell tickets, DVD's etc. . Plus it's easy money and little effort if they already have a show planned anyway.
The logistics are sometimes a hassle though and he said there were definitely some rules in place on the format of the specials on Netflix with regards to crowd interaction and such. I think he discussed it with Bill Burr.

Dave really put some nice effort in his special. Overall it was a great hour of comedy.
🤴

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #43326 on: September 06, 2019, 09:05:54 AM »
“I am physically happy with myself but severely dislike my place in the gender dynamic.”

What.

I love being a man outwardly but I hate that men get shit talked so hard, so I'm gonna have my penis and get it sucked too. basically.

Sonic Fox is just a mess of a person, he either got beat too much or not enough.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43327 on: September 06, 2019, 09:07:04 AM »
I identify as a GOD  :hmph
🤴

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #43328 on: September 06, 2019, 09:09:01 AM »

Gay
Obese
Disabled.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43329 on: September 06, 2019, 09:10:01 AM »

Gay
Obese
Disabled.
You mere mortals may address me as

"holiness/divine"

"Holiness gave me a like"
"The Divine has shared his Friendcode with me"
🤴

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #43330 on: September 06, 2019, 09:11:58 AM »
Still haven’t watched
it had some good bits in it but overall the previous specials were better imo. it's not bad, still worth a watch.

Ghoul

« Reply #43331 on: September 06, 2019, 09:12:29 AM »

Gay
Obese
Disabled.

"holiness/divine"

Each day I stray further away from liking god, he was a Nintendo fanboy and found with questionable inkling art on his hard drive.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43332 on: September 06, 2019, 09:13:29 AM »

Gay
Obese
Disabled.

"holiness/divine"

Each day I stray further away from liking god, he was a Nintendo fanboy and found with questionable inkling art on his hard drive.
The divine will sanction your buffoonery
🤴

thetylerrob

« Reply #43333 on: September 06, 2019, 09:18:50 AM »
Do you have a link to where you got this info from? Not being combative, I'm just skeptical about the whole nb thing.

marrec

« Reply #43334 on: September 06, 2019, 09:19:16 AM »

Gay
Obese
Disabled.

"holiness/divine"

Their holiness, them's real holy

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #43335 on: September 06, 2019, 09:21:22 AM »
Imagine if Resetera was your only exposure to gay and trans people. What would your opinion be?
Spud

Himu

« Reply #43337 on: September 06, 2019, 09:28:44 AM »
Do you have a link to where you got this info from? Not being combative, I'm just skeptical about the whole nb thing.

I don't have data. It's from interaction with NB's and NB communities. I notice most are female born. Many come to it from some sort of feminism. Many will claim to be NB while presenting as female and looking as feminine as all possible. They're using it as some sort of political identity.

You'll see stuff like this on lgbt social media all the time:

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/08/13/can-you-be-both-non-binary-and-lesbian/

Google image search non-binary and most are female born.

It's just that the most outspoken models for NB movement are male born because it's more provocative and in your face to have someone who has lots of hair in a dress wearing makeup while not giving a single fuck.
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #43338 on: September 06, 2019, 09:30:02 AM »
negatively targeting men when your products are used by men is a bad idea? geez, it would have taken elon musk's galaxy brain to figure that out.
I bet the dollar shaving club scam got rich off this.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #43339 on: September 06, 2019, 09:30:09 AM »
gillette is losing money cause mail order razors are 1000x cheaper than their shit and i don't have to call a manager over to unlock a razor case or some bullshit

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #43341 on: September 06, 2019, 09:31:50 AM »
Buy a straight razor and learn to use it, thank me later (by later I mean after you've learned not to cut yourself or possibly died)

marrec

« Reply #43342 on: September 06, 2019, 09:32:17 AM »
somehow I missed this

Jan 14, 2019: Gilette runs ad condemning toxic masculinity, causing consumer backlash

April 3, 2019: Gilette runs fat acceptance ad

May 23, 2019: Gilette runs FTM learning to shave ad

July 30, 2019: Proctor & Gamble is doing well as a company but takes an 8 billion dollar loss from Gilette, putting them 5 billion in the red overall, largely blamed on currency fluctuations and a shrinking shave market with more competition, while Gilette CEO claims backlash was a "price worth paying"

August 23, 2019: Gillette says it is “shifting the spotlight from social issues to local heroes” after an ad delving into “toxic masculinity” caused a customer backlash

I liked that ad tbh, and I'm extremely doubtful that it had any negative impact on Gillette's bottom line.

Also, it seems the last article is specifically about Gillette Australia, the brand director for the region does not say they are shifting from social issues to local heroes BECAUSE of a months old ad, there has been no such comment from other brand markets for future Gillette advertisement.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #43343 on: September 06, 2019, 09:32:24 AM »
shaving hipsters :nope

Ghoul

« Reply #43344 on: September 06, 2019, 09:33:01 AM »
that fat woman looks like Jessica Yaniv. Gross.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #43345 on: September 06, 2019, 09:33:52 AM »
shaving hipsters :nope
My dad is old school, my barber was old school, so I just rolled with it and it's fucking great man.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #43346 on: September 06, 2019, 09:36:51 AM »
I just use an electric razor. :yeshrug
dog

marrec

« Reply #43347 on: September 06, 2019, 09:37:29 AM »

Shit get real close and doesn't irritate my skin, so why even use a razor tbh?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #43348 on: September 06, 2019, 09:38:01 AM »
i use one of those for where I want to trim, straight razors are only really good if you want smooth face

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #43349 on: September 06, 2019, 09:38:13 AM »
electric razor gives me bumps or i'd use one. i just have one of those harry's razors and shave in the shower every other day or so. used to be every day when i had a job that cared about facial hair but i am free(ish) now

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #43350 on: September 06, 2019, 09:39:30 AM »
so, who shaves their chest hair? pits? pubes?

any smooth bodied swimmers here?  :whew

marrec

« Reply #43351 on: September 06, 2019, 09:41:08 AM »
Anyway the point is nobody uses Gillette because the other options are often better/cheaper not because they made an ad skewering toxic masculinity.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43352 on: September 06, 2019, 09:42:05 AM »
I liked that ad tbh, and I'm extremely doubtful that it had any negative impact on Gillette's bottom line.

even if it had no measurable negative impact on their bottom line, the CEO is quoted as saying the backlash was a "price worth paying" even as his company just reported an 8 billion dollar loss

you don't think there was a tense call from P&G higher-ups after that saying "your company is dragging us down with you, and we can't afford for you to be 'paying any more prices', fix your shit?"

backash of any sort is the last thing they need right now
Uncle

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #43353 on: September 06, 2019, 09:43:22 AM »
toxic masculinity.

one of them is literally toxic  :mjcry

samir

« Reply #43354 on: September 06, 2019, 09:43:58 AM »
I shave my ass. I bend over in the shower and get in reeaaaal close to my poophole. Feels great.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43355 on: September 06, 2019, 09:47:35 AM »
Gillette, EA and the likes were fucking stupid with their woke turns because advertising has always been about catering to different markets.
You can run a LGTB+ positive ad and get some more business from demographic 1.
And some sports athlete or Jason Statham manly man ad to appeal to demographic 2.

Tons of brands like Nike, Netflix, Apple and Ubisoft do that very successfully.

Woke cultural marxists suck at marketing and advertising, who would've thought  :trumps
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #43356 on: September 06, 2019, 09:47:58 AM »
Buy a straight razor and learn to use it, thank me later (by later I mean after you've learned not to cut yourself or possibly died)

Remember kids, down the road and not across the street!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43357 on: September 06, 2019, 09:51:22 AM »
Shell has leaking pipelines in Nigeria and extorts the locals.

Yet they advertise as 'eco-friendly' and 'sustainable' in Europe
 :success :snob  :heyman
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43358 on: September 06, 2019, 09:52:08 AM »
Anyway the point is nobody uses Gillette because the other options are often better/cheaper not because they made an ad skewering toxic masculinity.

if you check out their twitter the only woke cause they're pursuing now is a razor for caregivers and people with downs syndrome, in addition to just highlighting specific random sponsor people, which is non-controversial

and literally every tweet is replied to by a throng of people saying they'll never use their products again

you can say it's costing them in the thousands of dollars rather than millions but it hasn't gone away, just like Brad's wife on every tweet and thirsty furries on every Frosted Flakes tweet
Uncle

marrec

« Reply #43359 on: September 06, 2019, 09:53:13 AM »

even if it had no measurable negative impact on their bottom line, the CEO is quoted as saying the backlash was a "price worth paying" even as his company just reported an 8 billion dollar loss

you don't think there was a tense call from P&G higher-ups after that saying "your company is dragging us down with you, and we can't afford for you to be 'paying any more prices', fix your shit?"

backash of any sort is the last thing they need right now

The CEO was talking about social media backlash, which amounts to nothing.

No, I don't think there was a tense call from P&G higher ups about an ad that got everyone talking about Gillette again for the first time in 20 years, because P&G higher ups likely know the real reason for lower profits is based on other much more probable factors and not an ad that got internet piss babies upset.

Ghoul

« Reply #43360 on: September 06, 2019, 10:03:36 AM »
They made a press release for the artwork change, clearly because I brought it up.

Hello! You may have noticed that the site logo looks a little different today, in a nod to the release of Gears 5.​

Why has this happened? This seems very unusual.

When the site was new, logo changes actually weren’t terribly uncommon – for example we did one to celebrate a Nintendo Direct and one to celebrate the release of God of War on PS4. In the past week we received a lot of community requests to do one for Gears 5, and figured it would only be fair.​

How long will the change last?

It’s just for one day, like the others already mentioned.​

Did Microsoft put you up to this? Is anyone paying you to do this?

No.​

Who made the logo?

It was designed and put forward by members of the community who reached out to staff directly.​

Why haven’t there been MORE logo changes?

While the response to previous logo changes were largely positive, there was a vocal minority that didn't like them for a variety of reasons. It took work to organize them, and obviously there’s no way that we would be able to do one for every game or event that might deserve one.​

Will there be more logo changes in the future?

Nothing is planned at the moment. We’d definitely like to do more as long as people are coming up with cool designs and having fun with them. It’s our hope that no one takes these too seriously, but we also want to make sure we’re being as “fair” as we can (keeping in mind we’ll never be able to grant every request).​

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #43361 on: September 06, 2019, 10:19:21 AM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #43362 on: September 06, 2019, 10:20:20 AM »
He recently appeared on an episode of RLM, sorry.

If it means anything, my post was a satire of this purity-test thing. Patton’s a great guy, but by the standards some have, would not pass a purity sniff test due to the recent RLM association.

::)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43363 on: September 06, 2019, 10:28:20 AM »
Quote from: gutter_trash
the fact that Joe can't precisely point to which joke it was discredit Joe.

Joe initiated the accusation of joke staling

okay...

which joke was it?

fuck Joe

taking at face value when mencia says joe can't mention a specific joke

when the very video this is referencing lays out several specific jokes  :doge
Uncle

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #43364 on: September 06, 2019, 10:29:32 AM »
that fat woman looks like Jessica Yaniv. Gross.

nice forum you got here.
Oi Oi

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #43365 on: September 06, 2019, 10:29:44 AM »
I've been telling you guys.. the woke but not too-woke people are starting to speak up more on Resetera.

Brave souls!

:salute

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #43366 on: September 06, 2019, 10:30:46 AM »
I've been telling you guys.. the woke but not too-woke people are starting to speak up more on Resetera.
they're just being given rope so they can get banned later for a history of history

marrec

« Reply #43367 on: September 06, 2019, 10:31:11 AM »

I laid the ground work you're welcome

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #43368 on: September 06, 2019, 11:13:43 AM »
one of them is literally toxic  :mjcry

Britney go on Jojo.

NekoFever

« Reply #43369 on: September 06, 2019, 11:35:33 AM »
I love when threads get derailed by the no-spoilers nutcases.

I mean...

This is ironic coming from the author who just can't help himself from integrating actual spoilers within his own stories. It's my biggest pet peeve with Stephen King's writing, honestly. He just loves starting chapters with stuff like "And then he woke up for the last time in his life," which lessens the impact of coming events enormously. You can't look away from spoilers like that.

:mindblown
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 11:40:29 AM by NekoFever »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #43370 on: September 06, 2019, 11:43:03 AM »

:lol :lol of course it was this tool whining

thetylerrob

« Reply #43371 on: September 06, 2019, 11:46:18 AM »
Yeah I'm pretty sure the murder they're talking about is pretty early in the book and isn't actually relevant to the plot.

nudemacusers

« Reply #43372 on: September 06, 2019, 11:48:36 AM »
Why is nobody talking about how problematic the tilting of the first movie was? Calling it ‘Chapter 1’ pretty much kills the suspense for a conclusive ending.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

NekoFever

« Reply #43373 on: September 06, 2019, 11:51:34 AM »
Yeah I'm pretty sure the murder they're talking about is pretty early in the book and isn't actually relevant to the plot.

First scene in the new movie, second scene in the book IIRC. Movie ruined.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #43374 on: September 06, 2019, 11:56:23 AM »
Why is nobody talking about how problematic the tilting of the first movie was? Calling it ‘Chapter 1’ pretty much kills the suspense for a conclusive ending.

Calling Pennywise "It" instead of using their preferred pronouns is a big :yikes from me, dawg.
©@©™

nudemacusers

« Reply #43375 on: September 06, 2019, 11:59:49 AM »

Calling Pennywise "It" instead of using their preferred pronouns is a big :yikes from me, dawg.
Stan canceled himself out of shame for his behavior so it all worked out in the end. :science
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #43376 on: September 06, 2019, 12:01:14 PM »
If Americans weren't so fucking fat they'd be able to handle the heat better and not feel like they're going to smother when it hits 75.

Source: Me, a guy who lost 90 pounds and didn't even put AC in this year, the hottest summer on record, and was fine with fans
I’m normal sized and hate being cold (ideal room temp is 72) but everyone in my family likes these fridge, 65-68 temps for some reason.  :-\
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

marrec

« Reply #43377 on: September 06, 2019, 12:03:32 PM »
If Americans weren't so fucking fat they'd be able to handle the heat better and not feel like they're going to smother when it hits 75.

Source: Me, a guy who lost 90 pounds and didn't even put AC in this year, the hottest summer on record, and was fine with fans

My wife is all of 110lbs and keeps the damn AC on all fucking day despite the electric bill bring sky high pls help me Stro

nudemacusers

« Reply #43378 on: September 06, 2019, 12:04:43 PM »
My wife is small too. Sounds like we need to do some fattening up :rash
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

NekoFever

« Reply #43379 on: September 06, 2019, 12:06:47 PM »
Stan canceled himself out of shame for his behavior so it all worked out in the end. :science

Pennywise had to go back and delete all his tweets saying he had it coming.