Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3782026 times)

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #48300 on: October 06, 2019, 04:55:18 PM »
The club he was at looked like a full audience he went out in front of. Nobody was there for him specifically but it's not exactly shocking that as he starts to bomb with his routine that someone would start filming him and then the biggest comedian in town gets word of it and uses it for laughs on his show.

Pay attention, ERA.

The club was filming all the acts as shown by the monitor before Arthur went on.

also:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/equivocating-mental-illness-and-violence.145419/
I have six diagnosed neurological conditions that interlock in a complex comorbidity matrix that can make me very hard to understand, or for me to understand others.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 04:59:20 PM by Straight Edge »
Oi Oi

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #48301 on: October 06, 2019, 05:04:23 PM »
Sooooooo "Joker bad because media representation of mental health" allowed as a thread, "Why are the media so up themselves about the Joker film?" isn't?

:confused

is there, like, even any fucking pretense at moderation consistency at this point?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #48302 on: October 06, 2019, 05:06:21 PM »
I went off on someone back in college who insisted that all mass shooters had to be mentally ill. That's the problem; the insinuation that evil and violence must be the cause of some extenuating circumstance that can be easily controlled, and not the banal happenstance of a society that deems these ills feelings towards the vulnerable socially acceptable while simultaneously allowing people to hoard deadly weapons. An America with a perfect mental health system will not stop these events from occurring.

:mindblown

...the actual fuck?

NekoFever

« Reply #48303 on: October 06, 2019, 05:17:26 PM »
also:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/equivocating-mental-illness-and-violence.145419/
I have six diagnosed neurological conditions that interlock in a complex comorbidity matrix that can make me very hard to understand, or for me to understand others.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #48304 on: October 06, 2019, 05:48:17 PM »
Joker movie was so non controversial.

era is fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellowed.

They're all just salty this is the best comic book movie to date

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #48305 on: October 06, 2019, 05:56:29 PM »
Why is mental ill health worn as a badge at REEEEsetera? So much so that to not have a mental health condition actually paints you as abnormal.
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #48306 on: October 06, 2019, 05:57:21 PM »
Why is mental ill health worn as a badge at REEEEsetera? So much so that to not have a mental health condition actually paints you as abnormal.

Eewww get out saney
🤴

Propagandhim

« Reply #48307 on: October 06, 2019, 06:05:15 PM »

also:

Sounds like he's selling me on the features list for a new laptop. 6 Overclocked GTX cores on a CoMorbity Matrix 980XL

spoiler (click to show/hide)
i take antidepressants  :'(
[close]

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #48308 on: October 06, 2019, 06:12:02 PM »
What annoys me so much about it is that any time a film uses mental ill health as motivation for an antagonist they are up in arms, but in every other thread over there, some REEEEsetera member is using their own mental ill health to explain their antisocial behaviour.
Spud

Propagandhim

« Reply #48309 on: October 06, 2019, 06:31:05 PM »
I like when the Ree incels have to preemptively apologize for being incels.  "I can't get laid, but I'm not like those people.  Please don't think of me like one of those guys."  Like, it's bad enough you can't get laid, now you have to preemptively apologize to excelsior and red mercury for it.   I'd just order Nembutal and get it over with at that point. 

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #48310 on: October 06, 2019, 06:49:52 PM »
So, disclaimer. This thread is inspired by Joker, but I don’t want it to be *about* Joker.

First sentence. :lol

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #48311 on: October 06, 2019, 07:31:40 PM »
I like when the Ree incels have to preemptively apologize for being incels.  "I can't get laid, but I'm not like those people.  Please don't think of me like one of those guys."  Like, it's bad enough you can't get laid, now you have to preemptively apologize to excelsior and red mercury for it.   I'd just order Nembutal and get it over with at that point.

I wish bore incels would apologize for their existence :fbm

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #48312 on: October 06, 2019, 07:36:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/buy-sell-trade-thread-2019-read-the-new-rules-in-the-op.454/page-454
Quote from: Flame Lord, post: 25178190, member: 9439
WTS
Devil May Cry 5 - $30
Quote from: Smash-It Stan, post: 25182756, member: 2298
On sale for $18 from gamefly right now - https://www.gamefly.com/game/devil-may-cry-5/5018046
Quote from: Bog, post: 25184083, member: 13305
How’s that help him if he’s selling it.
Quote from: dEvAnGeL, post: 25184154, member: 17289
it does not, but it let's interested users know there is a cheaper option.
Quote from: Bog, post: 25184937, member: 13305
Kind of a CB.
Quote from: Syriel, post: 25186354, member: 36134
Might want to review the OP.

5. Don’t complain about prices

Everyone involved is just either looking to buy, sell, or trade. If someone wants a certain amount of money for something, the amount of money it's worth will be determined by the people willing to pay for it. There's no need to guilt people for selling items they received for free or fussing about perceived overcharging. It's a free market. Labeling a Seller as a “scalper” or any other derogatory term is absolutely NOT allowed.

The ONLY exception to this rule is when an item is currently still widely available for a lower price from a readily accessible seller. For instance, if a Seller lists a game for $55, but that same game is available (in-stock) at Best Buy for $45, then you may inform others of the cheaper item. You must do this in a matter of fact manner though and, as mentioned above, you may not call out the Seller in any way.
Quote from: Bog, post: 25186884, member: 13305
Literally what he did then? I called out his complaining.
Quote from: Syriel, post: 25186928, member: 36134
The person you quoted didn't complain about a price. They simply posted a link to the same item for sale elsewhere, exactly as specified in the rule that was quoted.

You're the one that hopped in with the cockblock comment.
:era
ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #48313 on: October 06, 2019, 07:48:14 PM »
They literally have an exception in their guidebook to allow derailing a thread.

amazing.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #48314 on: October 06, 2019, 08:16:07 PM »

A combination probably of some greater awareness/acceptance lending people to be more forthright with their struggles on one side. And on the other, some inherently terrible people co-opting whatever to make themselves feel special and manipulate people. See: stolen valour, suicide blackmail, etc.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #48315 on: October 06, 2019, 08:35:19 PM »

When you’re a white cishet male, it’s the only card you can play to get those sweet sweet oppression points.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 08:45:21 PM by Straight Edge »
Oi Oi

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #48316 on: October 06, 2019, 08:44:02 PM »
Double post
Oi Oi

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #48317 on: October 06, 2019, 08:45:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/joker-ot-viviamo-in-una-societ%C3%A0-spoilers.140109/post-25201326

Joker spoilers. But, way to not get called out for calling a small person Midget.

oh, hey, excelsheet acting like a cunt for no reason, and undoubtedly hammering the report button on the people pointing out "it sucks and they shouldn't have done it" isn't actually "criticism"

I'm going to assume she's arguing the movie is poorly made and bad film making while only bringing up moral issues like glorifying violence or promoting incels.  The same way a shirt is "poorly designed," if it shows cleavage.
sigh

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #48318 on: October 06, 2019, 09:01:21 PM »
The classic heel tactic of spitting green mist is now "racist" in pro wrestling according to Era.

:goldberg
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dubya-dubya-eee-worthless-gimmick-match-pay-per-view-is-tonight.145434/page-9

Quote from: SilentMike03, post: 25211031, member: 15770
She's Japanese, so she has to use the Mist you see...

Fuck this
Quote from: SecondNature, post: 25211036, member: 2743
So stupid

kairi is heel? Racist poison mist? Asuka deserves better man

Quote from: The Last Laugh, post: 25211354, member: 51453
See this is why I really hate event threads in the OT area.  It is a breeding ground for idiots who do not know what they are talking about and just straight up shitty takes.

:drudge Going against the hivemind
ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #48319 on: October 06, 2019, 09:14:49 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #48320 on: October 06, 2019, 09:16:34 PM »
what is the reeee saying about my raidahs winning today?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #48321 on: October 06, 2019, 09:21:23 PM »
I loved the batman origin though. I got chills whenever Bruce was on screen given what's gonna happen next.

:crowdlaff

It’s kind of odd coming out of a film that has such strong reactions and thinking ‘eh, that was okay’

geee...I wonder why

:meeble
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 09:26:46 PM by Cauliflower Of Love »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #48322 on: October 06, 2019, 09:25:03 PM »
Hey Look someone actually watched the film!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/joker-ot-viviamo-in-una-societ%C3%A0-spoilers.140109/post-25211073

the post quoted there

Quote from: Emily
Say what you will about this film.

But what I found surprising about this film (and I honestly didn't expect this) is it's...kind of progressive with its messages?

- Government funding: The film has an entire scene about how governments should spend more money (not less) on social services and mental health services. The film makes it a point that the government should provide mental health care services to everyone - not just the wealthy who can afford it.

- Wealth inequality: The film is a warning that if you allow wealth inequality to continue long enough - it all eventually leads to violence. Thomas Wayne is basically Donald Trump in this film.

- Labor unions: This film has an entire storyline about a garbage strike, where mountains of garbage are piling on the streets of poverty-stricken neighborhoods. The more the garbage piles up, the bigger the rats are becoming.

- More gun law restrictions: The film argues that it shouldn't have been so easy for Arthur to get a gun from his friend, Randal. In fact, Arthur tells Randal multiple times that he's not allowed to own a gun.

:preach :salute

right on the nose with all of this
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #48323 on: October 06, 2019, 09:28:02 PM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #48324 on: October 06, 2019, 09:30:21 PM »
Quote from: JaggedSac
Quote from: JABEE
I don't know how anyone could look at this movie as a right-wing propaganda film.
I had heard this before going to see the movie so I was actively looking for the relationship between this and alt-right viewpoints...and I found nothing.

how can this be?? ?? ??  :ltg
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #48325 on: October 06, 2019, 09:32:08 PM »
Is like the woke twitter crowd are a bunch of shallow assholes that are easily riled by uncaring pseudo intellectuals.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #48326 on: October 06, 2019, 09:33:15 PM »
What's an alt-right movie, Zero Dark Thirty?

Superstar

« Reply #48327 on: October 06, 2019, 09:41:54 PM »
The classic heel tactic of spitting green mist is now "racist" in pro wrestling according to Era.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/dubya-dubya-eee-worthless-gimmick-match-pay-per-view-is-tonight.145434/page-9

Fuck this
So stupid

See this is why I really hate event threads in the OT area.  It is a breeding ground for idiots who do not know what they are talking about and just straight up shitty takes.

The people who post in these wrestling threads are the most miserable people on the website, which is saying something.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #48329 on: October 06, 2019, 09:55:27 PM »
the site tracks 1 day bans too, a tiny percentage of those are permas  ::)

Uncle

ShutUp

« Reply #48330 on: October 06, 2019, 10:16:36 PM »

Fuck this
So stupid

The people who post in these wrestling threads are the most miserable people on the website, which is saying something.

"WWE is just SO BAD MAN GOD" as the ones with that mentality are currently posting in the OT for tonight's Hell in a Cell show. Which will likely have over 1,000 posts before the show is over.

Shuri

« Reply #48331 on: October 06, 2019, 10:49:01 PM »
Wrestling ERA is just content, posts and opinions posted hours before on /r/squaredcircle

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #48332 on: October 06, 2019, 11:09:29 PM »
New RLM video is out time to grab those pitchforks!

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #48333 on: October 06, 2019, 11:16:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-yorker-joker-is-the-comic-book-green-book-scorsese-parodies-spoilers.145456/

Thread backfired.

The OP:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Messofanego  :lol
[close]

The Warriors was basically about the Central Park 5 and a parody of Black Panther, it’s so blatant that I’m. Just. So. Tired.
©@©™

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #48334 on: October 07, 2019, 12:11:41 AM »
I don't know how anyone can say with a straight face that Joker is a racist film or that it even had "racial elements".

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #48335 on: October 07, 2019, 12:18:21 AM »
I don't know how anyone can say with a straight face that Joker is a racist film or that it even had "racial elements".

I thought it was a little odd that he was attracted to his black neighbor because I interpreted him and his mother as the classic crazy insular family that would probably be kinda racist, coupled with racial divides in the late 70s early 80s, is this really realistic, or included so it's not a film about nothing but white people

but race never plays into anything in the film at all

what did you think of the standup  :doge
Uncle

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #48336 on: October 07, 2019, 12:23:43 AM »
I can't remember any of that standup that you hear being performed in the background in certain scenes. I do remember it seemed a bit too modern.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #48337 on: October 07, 2019, 12:27:55 AM »
I like when he said “what’s the deal with airline food?”
©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #48338 on: October 07, 2019, 12:31:39 AM »

isn't era generally against any military action by the US?

isn't everyone on that forum the people who used to say the US needed to get its fingers out of everyone else's pies and stop the interventionism and spectre of colonialism it invokes
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #48339 on: October 07, 2019, 12:36:42 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

isn't era generally against any military action by the US?

isn't everyone on that forum the people who used to say the US needed to get its fingers out of everyone else's pies and stop the interventionism and spectre of colonialism it invokes

Well, this case is more complicated than that. Alas, is the US backstabbing an ally because a more rich and more authoritarian ally demanded it (something that is not uncommon from the US). Hell, you can argue this is still in the colonialism paradigm.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #48340 on: October 07, 2019, 12:39:13 AM »
also don't forget the important context of ORANGE CHEETO MAN BAD IF HE MAKE CHOICE I MUST BE AGAINST IT

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #48341 on: October 07, 2019, 12:40:47 AM »
didn't read this whole thread but page 1 paints it as a misfire

https://www.resetera.com/threads/netflix-tweets-out-problematic-clip-from-%E2%80%9Cbig-mouth%E2%80%9D.145461/

wokest most pandering unfunny clip is problematic somehow  :confused

Quote from: The Poochy Kid
https://twitter.com/NetflixIsAJoke/status/1180543722695663616

Being bisexual myself, this clip was absolutely sickening to watch. No, bisexuals are not solely attracted to males/females, and pansexuals are not the only ones who can be attracted to trans people.

Really sad that some of the only pan representation in media has to be so awful.

Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #48342 on: October 07, 2019, 12:40:48 AM »
also don't forget the important context of ORANGE CHEETO MAN BAD IF HE MAKE CHOICE I MUST BE AGAINST IT

Being fair, this is usually the right mindset.  :yeshrug :trumps

Orange Cheeto is usually a dumb scumbag.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #48343 on: October 07, 2019, 12:43:40 AM »
the dude could steal biden's promise by curing cancer and resetti would find a way to hate it

Boredfrom

« Reply #48344 on: October 07, 2019, 12:45:42 AM »
the dude could steal biden's promise by curing cancer and resetti would find a way to hate it

:dayum

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #48345 on: October 07, 2019, 12:48:28 AM »
:trumps

Boredfrom

« Reply #48346 on: October 07, 2019, 12:52:16 AM »
Charles Manson could have cured cancer and people would still hate him.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #48347 on: October 07, 2019, 12:53:37 AM »
Charles Manson could have cured cancer and people would still hate him.

Because he would have killed them afterwards for shit and giggles.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #48348 on: October 07, 2019, 12:55:51 AM »
trump just needs to make a gay clown movie and boredfrom will support him

clothedmacuser

« Reply #48349 on: October 07, 2019, 12:58:19 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/netflix-tweets-out-problematic-clip-from-%E2%80%9Cbig-mouth%E2%80%9D.145461/

Being bisexual myself, this clip was absolutely sickening to watch. No, bisexuals are not solely attracted to males/females, and pansexuals are not the only ones who can be attracted to trans people.

Really sad that some of the only pan representation in media has to be so awful.

The Ratio of Bi and polysexual posters who have have no problem and even support the portrayal vs. those who find it offensive is like 6:1. The upset ones shout, "You need to listen to LGBTQ people!"

"But only the ones that agree me."

Separately, if Joe McCarthy went after people against gay marriage or those who are pro-life and used all the same tactics he would be applauded by a Era and a large part of the nation.
sigh

Propagandhim

« Reply #48350 on: October 07, 2019, 12:58:32 AM »

The only pan representation in media i vouch for is Robin Williams

:ohyou

Propagandhim

« Reply #48351 on: October 07, 2019, 12:59:55 AM »
 :woody :woody :woody :woody

thetylerrob

« Reply #48352 on: October 07, 2019, 01:00:22 AM »
Broke: I'm not racist, I'm colorblind  :ego

Woke: I'm pan, I'm genderblind   :nintendo

When will people just start admitting all this classification shit just comes from tumblr cliques and overdosing on futa furry porn

Boredfrom

« Reply #48353 on: October 07, 2019, 01:04:28 AM »
trump just needs to make a gay clown movie and boredfrom will support him

I would prefer that he didn’t screw up the US economy given how much my country depends of it.

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #48354 on: October 07, 2019, 01:07:51 AM »
if 1000 people retweeted that netflix thing, does that mean 1000 ppl is the maximum amount of outrage?  :brain

also, is the name "peter pan" a travesty, implying gender?  :brain

thetylerrob

« Reply #48355 on: October 07, 2019, 01:23:56 AM »
Congratulations to blame space for drinking too much bore juice and getting permed. History of histories incoming

clothedmacuser

« Reply #48356 on: October 07, 2019, 01:26:14 AM »
In the movie Hook they call him "The Pan."  Is Pan like a title?  Ruffio handed over the sword once he realized Williams was The Pan.

Midpage Julia Roberts skirt Tinkerbell

Best of Tinkerpants  :batman :batman  :nsfw :batman :batman
https://imgur.com/a/43879#0

Oh yeah, something for uncle
sigh

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #48357 on: October 07, 2019, 01:27:03 AM »
Congratulations to blame space for drinking too much bore juice and getting permed. History of histories incoming

Eh, he’ll get a month tops.  Not much history of history yet.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #48358 on: October 07, 2019, 01:36:32 AM »
https://resetera.com//threads/help-me-understand-here-why-on-earth-would-a-minority-ever-join-the-police.145358/post-25194241

User BAnned (1 Week): Inflammatory point of comparison, trolling over multiple posts in this thread.

Quote from: VN1X, post: 25194241, member: 23161
Here in the Netherlands there's a high rate of crime in the Moroccan community, sure there are some good people out there but nah...

AMAB!

(I'm out btw, enjoy your echo chamber and regressive mentality!)

Found MmaRsu’s new era account.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #48359 on: October 07, 2019, 01:37:27 AM »
Yuk @ that imgur album