Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3796221 times)

ResetBanBot

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #49140 on: October 10, 2019, 07:44:53 PM »
this egirl is guilty of THOT CRIMES

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #49141 on: October 10, 2019, 07:45:20 PM »
I wonder if these nerds would consider a white person in full black panther costume with his face obscured by the mask to be blackface.
Yes. This is not even debatable.
Spud

« Reply #49142 on: October 10, 2019, 07:49:59 PM »
RE Mods are jealous her costume cost more than they made in a year.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #49143 on: October 10, 2019, 08:17:19 PM »
i expected literally her painting her skin black, not a full body costume, this is harder you can tell there is no ill intent, but i dunno, can't say i am qualified to weight in.
User Banned (1 week): excusing blackface

https://www.resetera.com/threads/eurocosplay-ban-league-of-legends-cosplayer-for-alleged-blackface.146227/post-25330577

The fuck is this  :lol

BrokenEchelon

« Reply #49144 on: October 10, 2019, 08:21:15 PM »
FUCK CHINA AND BLIZZARD! FREEDOM OF SPE---oh...

Oh..

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #49145 on: October 10, 2019, 08:27:59 PM »
All these freeze peach people looking mighty sus
©@©™

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #49146 on: October 10, 2019, 08:49:04 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #49147 on: October 10, 2019, 08:52:33 PM »
User Banned (permanent): excusing blackface
It's backface
It’s cosplay of a fictional character.
excusing backface :ufup

benjipwns

« Reply #49148 on: October 10, 2019, 08:53:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/eurocosplay-ban-league-of-legends-cosplayer-for-alleged-blackface.146227/post-25339147
I don't see the point in reopening the thread if everyone who doesn't think it's blackface is just gonna be banned. There's no more discussion to be had here.
Someone pls think of the blackface defenders
I'm not really defending anything, I just think the thread has run its course at this point. What more can, actually, be said outside of "it's blackface, she deserved it"?
:hitler

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #49149 on: October 10, 2019, 08:56:30 PM »
User Banned (permanent): excusing blackface
It's backface
It’s cosplay of a fictional character.
excusing backface :ufup
Janus Bifrons annihilated.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #49151 on: October 10, 2019, 08:58:52 PM »
Quote from: a Master Ninja
I’ve only worn masks of white political figures, but are masks of non-white political figures inherently racist? I’m asking sincerely.
Is appearing racist really a prime worry, while you're robbing a bank?

marrec

« Reply #49152 on: October 10, 2019, 09:26:39 PM »
"It’s not even makeup but a bodysuit. Personally I find it a lot worse, since why would anyone make a suit - not to cosplay some fantasy figure - but a black person. That’s beyond fucked up in my opinion."

But... it is... a fantasy figure?

benjipwns

« Reply #49153 on: October 10, 2019, 09:26:41 PM »
Joe and Rumbler, can you give banbot a two day ban or something, this thread is unreadable

marrec

« Reply #49154 on: October 10, 2019, 09:33:44 PM »
I’ve only worn masks of white political figures, but are masks of non-white political figures inherently racist? I’m asking sincerely.

You definitely don't want the news describing you as "Racist Bank Robber"

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #49155 on: October 10, 2019, 09:40:13 PM »
When I rob banks, I tell them to only give me the money from white people accounts :pacspit

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #49156 on: October 10, 2019, 09:47:45 PM »
A hidden benefit of @AndrewYang’s plan to tax big data is the aggregation of large data sets will have to be quantified and reported.

That is a FANTASTIC check on the information that is gathered on us and sold. I suspect taxing it will drastically improve our privacy.

look at all these words! i smrt

crime reporter

:crowdlaff

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #49157 on: October 10, 2019, 10:13:40 PM »
meaning "911...yes, police?  I have a crime to report!"
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #49158 on: October 10, 2019, 10:36:09 PM »
Reporting people on Twitter doesn't make you a crime reporter you cunt faced bitch Brianna
Spud

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #49159 on: October 10, 2019, 10:39:41 PM »

Those black kids were really raising a ruckus down at the pool.
©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #49160 on: October 10, 2019, 10:46:07 PM »

Those black kids were really raising a ruckus down at the pool.

then when police got there it turned out they were just whites in full body costumes
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #49161 on: October 10, 2019, 11:35:10 PM »

You definitely don't want the news describing you as "Racist Bank Robber"

benjipwns

« Reply #49163 on: October 11, 2019, 12:03:51 AM »
User banned (duration pending): Constant antagonizing behavior.
CONSTANT

benjipwns

« Reply #49164 on: October 11, 2019, 12:08:24 AM »
Quote from: B-Dubs, Administrator
why can't there be a separate SJ thread?
Because every single thing that you all want to discuss in there is already discussed ad nauseum in here. All it would do is further fragment the community to no real effect.
i don't think this is true at all.

There a million and one separate anime threads. i don't see why more rules should be imposed on manga threads. You can say that you don't want it but there has been support for a Jump OT and you can't deny that.
I'm not about to argue this, but do you see an OT for specific anime production studios? How about for Marvel or DC comics? How would discussion in a WSJ thread be fundamentally different than in this thread? And remember, this community used to be a WSJ OT until everyone wanted the freedom to discuss other series and it was turned into what it is now. What happens when someone decides they want to talk about what happened in Komi-san or Ippo or JoJo in that thread? It will just default to a general manga thread over time just like this one did. The exact same thing will happen and we'll have two general manga threads.

I've been really nice about letting people go off-topic in other threads and discuss other series where they shouldn't be, technically all that should have been in here.
Quote from: Silfer
I don't buy this. I wrote in the OT itself what people can discuss in it. If people discussed other things and went against the purpose of the thread, I or others would've just directed them to more appropriate threads. It's not uncommon knowledge what is and isn't published in Shonen Jump and even for those who don't, I listed every single weekly series and the non-weekly ones. This not only makes me feel like the thread was cut off way too early before it could even settle into its own place and make clear to people what it's for like I've said but also just that you didn't read the OT and just closed it down as soon as you saw the thread instead of trying to see why it can have a place. And that is displeasing considering the effort I put into it.
Oh, I read it but my point still stands. And, fyi, I'm not derailing with this anymore and you shouldn't either.

Quote from: Silfer
Oh, I read it but my point still stands. And, fyi, I'm not derailing with this anymore and you shouldn't either.
No it does not at all. You just projected your own fears onto the thread before even giving it a chance to establish itself as well giving its users the chance to make clear for others what can go in it in addition to what the OP does. I'm not gonna stop talking about this when clearly there is support for it, clearly there is confusion over its closure and supposed redundancy. People have expressed a desire for a place where they don't have to worry about leaks too. Come on.
I just discovered a Bon Appetit thread today(and for the record I love their recipes) but there is also a cooking thread, and a baking thread already. Like I said, Era is already bad at duplications.
I suppose they should combined the MCU thread and the DCEU thread into a Superhero movie thread since there's no need to divide up that community
I'd like to discuss Jump chapters but I hardly ever do it here or in the individual threads because of early leaks

OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION

Enough with the derail. If you have any moderation complaints either use PMs or the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

User Banned (1 month): hostility, ignoring the modpost
B-Dubs
Since you've clearly read my PM I sent after you asked to send moderation complaints privately and there is no answer despite me trying to keep this private, Imma be real damn clear and real damn public here.

Simply put, it's a BAD FUCKING LOOK for you to be not just a moderator but an administrator on this site that claims to have strict rules on piracy and do what you did to the SJ thread.

This is a site where piracy in general is frowned upon and people can get banned or threads can be closed for the mere suggestion that they've done it no matter the reasons or circumstances. We can see an example of it here in this thread with people reminiscing about emulation that you personally closed because it amounted to admission and/or advocating of piracy.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-emulation-scene-in-the-90s-was-revolutionary-for-video-game-history-fans.137952/#post-24045761

Yet you're the same admin who looks the other way on many manga threads whose foundations are built on this because of the history of late manga localizations. Not only that, you actively admit to piracy yourself weekly in these threads.

The time people brought up the hypocrisy in the way the site has handled manga piracy and the way discussion of illegal chapters has been normalized, you ducked out of the conversation. That's a bad look on its own, a worse one when we consider the thread linked above that you closed yourself. You are a hypocrite as an admin.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/manga-ot-no-matter-how-i-look-at-it-its-discords-fault-were-not-popular.9291/page-203#post-24918398

And now, I make one manga thread on this site where the rules of this site are actually respected, one thread that can legitimately be taken seriously on this front while not having to disrupt the rules and habits in other threads and that's the one thread you close? Because apparently, that one is redundant despite the clear support it's had and despite the fact that you didn't even give it a chance to settle in yet all these other threads normalizing discussion of illegally released material that those who prefer reading officially have to steer clear from are fine and you let those fly, actively partaking yourself? It's fine to be a hypocrite but it's not fine to have a thread about a particular magazine?

I'll say it again. It is a bad fucking look for you to do what you've done. It's hard to take you seriously as an administrator of this site.

If this is somehow bannable despite just wanting a thread for discussion of legally released material and despite me telling you this privately and you not responding, then whatever, you've already lost whatever credibility you had in my eyes anyway.

Quote from: Cerium, General Manager
You sent that PM less than three hours ago, at a time when we are dealing with an unusually large number of reports. It's very disappointing that you would escalate in this manner just because you weren't catered to immediately.

If you had waited for B-Dubs to reply, he would have told you that he had already been working on a potential official releases thread and was trying to iron out the kinks before launching it. After receiving your message, he promptly brought the issue to the attention of the rest of the staff, and we were actively discussing the best way to get this done -- right up until you decided to exacerbate the situation with insults and personal attacks.

It's not clear what you believed you would achieve with this, but let the record show that this is not how you get what you want.
Quote from: Cerium, General Manager
I'm just going to throw it out there; Why didn't he just mention that? A lot of the issues the past hours could have been resolved by saying "I hear you, I'm talking it over with the other administrators."
He was dealing with other very urgent reports while juggling his real life. He was going to send an update as soon as we had details to convey. No one expected nuclear escalation after less than three hours because generally members do not do that.

« Reply #49165 on: October 11, 2019, 12:13:22 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/google-stadia-will-be-“faster-and-more-responsive”-than-local-gaming-hardware-in-the-near-future-predicts-stadia-dev.145973/page-14#post-25333370

So reading the latest stadia black magic thread, I see the resident shill alucard hard at work, and he mentions he’s not even in a supported area for stadia?! He’s been shilling this whole time for a service that doesn’t even want to bother with his country, and he hopes Elon Musks low orbit satellite fantasy will save him? Hell even my connection to GeForce now is half the latency of his too!

Wat?!

:mindblown

I really think a gaming pc/console must have killed his dog.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 12:19:24 AM by ZombieSupaStar »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #49166 on: October 11, 2019, 12:46:04 AM »
You sent that PM less than three hours ago, at a time when we are dealing with an unusually large number of reports.

He was dealing with other very urgent reports

I checked that resetera analytics page, it's weird that this "unusually large number of very urgent reports" didn't result in any bans. Unless the site is broken.

Nuitangg

« Reply #49167 on: October 11, 2019, 12:49:20 AM »
Very urgent reports and juggling his real life.   :snoop

benjipwns

« Reply #49168 on: October 11, 2019, 12:57:42 AM »
I assume he's talking about the blackface thread that they had to lock and massacre. There were 30 actions in that thread alone, putting it in the top 25 all-time.

:drudge URGENT!!!!! :drudge

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #49169 on: October 11, 2019, 01:01:03 AM »
Joe and Rumbler, can you give banbot a two day ban or something, this thread is unreadable

Ban him until the site works. That's the only reason we tolerate him in the first place.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #49170 on: October 11, 2019, 01:03:50 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/naomi-osaka-giving-up-u-s-citizenship-to-play-for-japan-at-2020-olympics.146196/#post-25326021
As a dual citizen from a tennis-obsessed 75% Asian household, this is going to be a thing all week. Still if you're ever gonna give up US citizenship without being booed at tournaments, now's probably the time to do it with panache and sympathy.

"As a white guy with an asian wife and kids"

benjipwns

« Reply #49171 on: October 11, 2019, 01:11:46 AM »
Being half black and taking Japanese citizenship seems like a bad long term decision for her mental health. Although I guess we have racism issues too.
stay safe

ResetBanBot

« Reply #49173 on: October 11, 2019, 01:23:08 AM »
That Stadia developer is such a shill, hypothesizing things that technically possible but would never actually happen due to impracticality and cost. He knows it, too. We may as well be talking about blast processing.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #49174 on: October 11, 2019, 01:55:00 AM »
That Stadia shit is about as likely as me fucking Ana de Armas right in the PAM.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #49176 on: October 11, 2019, 03:19:01 AM »

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #49177 on: October 11, 2019, 03:25:14 AM »
wow, huelen's looking good
每天生气

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #49179 on: October 11, 2019, 04:47:34 AM »
Quote from: Kojima
“At that time, I was 53 years old. That’s an age in which you’d retire, right?"

By the time I am retirement age, it'll have probably be raised to 89.  :fbm

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #49180 on: October 11, 2019, 04:49:21 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gi-biz-the-industry-is-looking-at-sony-to-see-whats-next-for-the-console-business-at-the-moment-xbox-is-the-one-providing-all-the-answers.145929/page-16#post-25318288

Quote from: Rikimaru, post: 25318288, member: 30095
User Banned (4 Days): Inflammatory Commentary Surrounding the Media and Platform Warring

Looking at tweets this guy is totally a Microsoft fanboy.

There should be an opencritic site with reviewer and journalist info. There could be statistics like this person rates RPGs or games of this company higher than others. And dossier with biased tweets and alike.

Your next half-functioning project banbot?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #49181 on: October 11, 2019, 04:53:36 AM »
https://twitter.com/BenjiSales/status/1182435153450356739

You can take the poster out of ERA but etc etc
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #49182 on: October 11, 2019, 06:07:11 AM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #49183 on: October 11, 2019, 06:16:14 AM »
ResetERA : The Most Dangerous Safe Space©
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #49184 on: October 11, 2019, 06:19:07 AM »
Not only that, shinobi602 of ugly racist kids fame and ZhugeEX of failed BenjiSales competitor fame have both quit the staff:

This was the admins list from a week ago when Finale Fireworker died:

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #49185 on: October 11, 2019, 06:23:51 AM »
Not only that, shinobi602 of ugly racist kids fame and ZhugeEX of failed BenjiSales competitor fame have both quit the staff:
(Image removed from quote.)

I'm too lazy to check the last time I posted about it but Cerium and Hecht are the only remaining "founders" right ?

Is there a Shakespearian tragedy going on behind the scenes ? Seems more interesting than the raffle we specialise on.
:fbm
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #49186 on: October 11, 2019, 06:29:47 AM »
I don't know if this is the original original, but it's pretty close, this is one thing shosta will actually know something about:

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #49187 on: October 11, 2019, 06:32:24 AM »
It's way past due they credited you as a Mod Admiral.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #49188 on: October 11, 2019, 06:34:35 AM »
New admin ColdSun only has 737 posts.

:putin

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #49189 on: October 11, 2019, 06:40:58 AM »
lol I thought everyone was scared of low post count noobs over there, incase they’re secret Nazi alt-right gamergate incel agents.

Making one a mod is very risky  :doge
(ice)

daemon

« Reply #49190 on: October 11, 2019, 06:41:36 AM »
Society

benjipwns

« Reply #49191 on: October 11, 2019, 06:43:34 AM »
Don't worry folks, despite these changes, the moderation is still operating at peak performance:
User Banned (1 Week): Excusing Blackface

Amazing costume.
Looking at the graveyard this thread has left behind, I'll refrain from expressing my opinion on whether this was ok or not, which would seem like an unpopular opinion here.
User Banned (permanent): xenophobia, defending authoritarian regimes engaging in violence against their own populace

This happens every time and it's honestly pretty sickening.

The very idea that huge masses of people, in the most populous country in the world, could be "brainwashed" or "controlled" is racist and xenophobic rhetoric itself, and it's disgusting. Mainland Chinese people are not any less intelligent, educated, "free-thinking" etc than you. There is no such thing as large-scale national "brainwashing"- you just think that you and yours are more intellectually capable and "freer" than Chinese people are. That's the exact same yellow peril rhetoric the west has regurgitated for a long time.

The fact that many mainland Chinese people support the CPC and don't want western model democracy is only so incredibly hard to accept if you believe, totally uncritically, that the West is the greatest and therefore it's common sense that everyone should want to imitate it and to overthrow governments which oppose it.

Hong Kong "protestors" have brutally attacked the elderly who challenge their uncivil behavior and anti-PRC positions, destroyed people's shop fronts and livelihoods who they suspect to be pro-PRC, etc. But they are covered by western media as saints begging for freedom because their interests align with the imperial interests of the U.S and it's allies. They don't wave the colonial union jack for nothing.

I wouldn't say you can give all credit to the Mod Admiral, but is clear that the Mod Admiral provides stability in these troubled waters.

benjipwns

« Reply #49192 on: October 11, 2019, 07:01:09 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/eurocosplay-ban-league-of-legends-cosplayer-for-alleged-blackface.146227/post-25350122
Quote from: astro
The defense I've seen most often is that it's not paint it's a full costume, but that's no different. It's using darker skin as a costume.

And this isn't about being offended, or being too sensitive. Black people are systemically oppressed and the vast majority of white people will never understand what this feels like.

Imagine being someone living under that oppression, who goes through life feeling it from other human beings, seeing people who look like them murdered by police, hearing the hate of white supremacy, seeing the privilege of their white friends and knowing they will never obtain that freedom... then seeing a white person put on their skin as a costume for fun, not only that but that same person lashing out with their privilege when they're called out for it...

Too sensitive? I can't imagine the strength it takes honestly.
I may not understand what it feels like, but thankfully I now know what it LOOKS like when contexualized:

Averon

« Reply #49193 on: October 11, 2019, 07:05:43 AM »
Shinobi bailing out is understandable. Not only did he admit he didn't bother to vote in 2016, but his just admitted to raising a racist kid. How could he show his face on ERA or have a leadership position on ERA after that? Honestly, he never seemed comfortable being part of the 'woke brigade' ERA is all about now. He's far more comfortable being a shill for companies, Bioware in particular. He could never transition like Loudninja did, which being both a shill and part of the ERA woke mentality at the same time.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 08:19:16 AM by Averon »

daemon

« Reply #49194 on: October 11, 2019, 07:16:42 AM »
Shinobi bailing out is understandable. Not only did he admit he didn't bother to vote in 2016, but his just admitted to raising a racist kid. How could he show his face on ERA or have a leadership position on ERA after that? Honestly, he never seems comfortable being part of the 'woke brigade' ERA is all about now. He's far more comfortable being a shill for companies, Bioware in particular. He could never transition like Loudninja did, which being both a shill and part of the ERA woke mentality at the same time.

Did you ever hear about the tragery of Darth Shinobi the Shill? It's not a story resettlers would tell you.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #49195 on: October 11, 2019, 07:17:32 AM »
And didn't he join that escapist website that resetera hates because of something?

Anyway good for him.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #49196 on: October 11, 2019, 07:20:35 AM »
shinobi has an Escapist gig, right ? I could see him bailing out of time management, disinterest or to avoid any future conflict of interest and controversy.
ὕβρις

NekoFever

« Reply #49197 on: October 11, 2019, 07:20:37 AM »
Is this brownface?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #49198 on: October 11, 2019, 07:23:37 AM »
no that's Jafar face

BisMarckie

« Reply #49199 on: October 11, 2019, 07:24:14 AM »
Sorry folks, I had to deal with VERY URGENT reports. I wasn't able to comment on the dickpics you sent me, yet.